Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story Event 8/31: Monster Hunt Season 9

Hi, I need some advice. Should I use my 5 gold tokens on the crafting the locket quest or should i keep them for next time for the lorelai's sapphire quest where I need 20 of them? I'm not sure what would be the better choice. I would love if someone who has done both could tell me which is best. Thank you!!!!!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Hard question for someone who has the lot! However, I'm going to assume that this may be your first/second monster hunt?

Here's what you can craft in the Trade Wagon:

* Cooking Camp - 99 gold tokens (most kitchen recipe's are here)
    * Princess Lorelei's Fountain - 2 Blue Sapphires which are 10 gold tokens each to purchase. The Fountain drops gold tokens only during monster hunts.
    * Cabbage Hut - 70 gold tokens - use to accumulate cabbages so you can get prizes in the Barons Tent.
    * Ornate Locket - 5 gold tokens - The locket storyline doesn't go anywhere - completing this will just get it out of your goal book.
    * Mythic Research Center - 70 gold tokens - loads of awesome animals to craft here with excellent drops!

If you don't mind having the locket and sapphire goals stay in your book, I'd personally save for the MRC. This might take you several monster hunts though but it's worth it!

Have I confused you totally?! Wait for a few other replies before deciding...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by christinefourtounis View Post
    Hi, I need some advice. Should I use my 5 gold tokens on the crafting the locket quest or should i keep them for next time for the lorelai's sapphire quest where I need 20 of them? I'm not sure what would be the better choice. I would love if someone who has done both could tell me which is best. Thank you!!!!!
    I definitely would wait to craft the locket. Like SW said, that quest goes nowhere at this time. I've never regretted getting Princess Lorilei's Fountain since it regularly drops gold tokens during monster hunts. I keep it out even between hunts because I like the way it looks.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Rhino Keeper
    I'm now at the decision point! 70.

I think cabbage hut for my first thing because I saw a kitty in the baron tent this last week and it pains me that he isn't mine ugh... so much pain... I want the kitty in the tutu more than I want Spyro or the creepy manticores though. (nice artwork on them but they still creep me out I'm very sorry)

Does the flyger in that building carry over as permanent? So that when I get another 70 rounded up, I can then get it and make him in however long it takes to get another 70 for the building plus the coins and stuff to make him? I assume I just won't get the quest reward Thom's offering since at next hunt he'll have a different something or other. I can't remember what the last monster hunt had.
    I use android and I do hit yes on new neighbors.
    I play Castle Story (DS and FS burnout, I'll be back to those though).
    I don't usually read my wall in the games.

Thank you for the advice. This is my first monster hunt so I am a little confused by the whole thing. I am enjoying it though.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calicokittennope View Post
    Does the flyger in that building carry over as permanent?
    I can't remember what the last monster hunt had.
    1. MRC, yes - max craft of 4, and you can craft them anytime.
    2. Golden peacock new in MRC; craft a Naga

Rhino Keeper
    like with everything in this game your playing style & wants & needs & goals means what's best for some isn't great for others.

i def agree with Katt above about the fountain being good, it costs nowadays what 20 tokens??? i reckon i get at least 1 gold token a day during hunts back from it. So it pays for itself in couple of hunts plus you clear off a quest from your list i thou am not keen on pretty pretty & put it away between hunts unlike Katt so as say we all different.

i'm not as sure about the mrc unless you have the 400 gem beastbane thou but i guess it cud be my playing style. i have a mrc for forever & i've made 1 peacock.

between hunts (thou is less of a gap these days i admit) it's not much use without a source of tokens which you need the beastbane for, & 400 gems cud get a gold mine which bcos of the gold trade in the exchange & quests keep asking for gold things i always think cud be a good first big gem buy. Thou i guess if alicorns & energy is more a goal/need then gems. again depends on playing style & wants.

the cabbage hut (thou it took me ages to work out how to use it (don't collect your 3 free each day let the hut ones accumulate) is 24/7 & if you are an animal/kitty collector is often animals & this set of options includes an alicorn.

it really is all playing style & your resources, if you can spend money on gems for a beastbane &/or regularly doing the gold exchange isn't important versus wanting lots of cabbage hut pets versus wanting lots of alicorns from mrc versus a whole load of other game plans i can't think of.

this beast hunt, i think, has been bit different to the last few, which is good to have change. Think most people are getting slightly less gold tokens (thou still more then we used to) as we are concentrating on the flygers txs to the fact they are (& the pets will) drop milk.

For me def this hunt is about the flygers. i'm still struggling on getting the fang pup & atm flygers are such a common spawn i'm forgetting gold tokens & concentrating on getting as much milk to make the two flygers kits as possible. Making hay while the sun shines is the quote no????

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by christinefourtounis View Post
    I would go for the MRC for these reasons..
    ..as SW said the locket goal doesnt go anywhere when completed.. it can wait till later
    ..cooking camp u already can cook whatever u need, it's just an extra luxury
    ..cabbage hut is nice to have to accumulate ur rotten cabbages, but u can already use of the Baron'sTent, so u're not left out completely. I would do this after the MRC.
    ..Lorelei Fountain was on sale last Black Friday, so just maybe u can buy it at a good price
    The MRC has many offers of lovely and interesting animal crafts, many of which give daily energy, a lifesaver in this game. More secondary you can accumulate.. the further u go. It's a permanent feature and Monster Hunts will return. At least.. that's how I think about it
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    Somebody asked for the speed up costs for crafting 16hour MRC. It's 64 gems.
    SW, maybe you can add this at the MRC info... ok! added to Hub and Building Guide... SW

Can't wait for next hunt to craft animals in it. Don't think I can do 1 this hunt, but very happy I'm crafting the MRC now. 
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 09-04-17 at 05:12 AM.

Checked the hub, checked the first page, gotta ask: what are the Armored Flyger's drops?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast