Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unwanted gifts!

New Resident
    i just decline what I don't need or want. Neighbor won't know...and yes as said above, those parts can come in handy one day!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    If you don't need parts why do you keep accepting them as gifts, then? Just decline.
    I don't accept the extra gifts intentionally. 5 year old gifts were accepted when i first started playing and didn't have a clue what they were for. It wasn't until I had been playing for a year or 2 that I started realizing that extra gifts were getting in my way. Now I decline most parts, but sometimes accept some accidentally and I'm stuck with them forever. Or, when working a goal, accepting all parts requested, and accidentally over-stock a few items. All this adds up over time until it gets hard to find the food gifts WAY at the end of your list.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if the food items appeared first in the gift list, and then current goal parts, and then everything else. Then I wouldn't ever have to scroll through all the excess parts that were never used previously to find what I need.
    But it would be so much nicer if we could just sell those unwanted parts, and clean up the garage once in a while. 😉

@katiesue324
    That?s strange that your food appears somewhere towards the end of the gift list. For me, the gifts which I accepted most recently jump to the first place on the list. So, if food is what you accept most often, then it should appear on the first page. Unless you?re talking about the way food appears on the list where YOU gift it to OTHERS. For me it also appears way down the list. But it is not affected by part gifts you accept, as this list simply includes all parts that were released to date. FYI - I only accept and send parts.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tagliatele View Post
    @katiesue324
    That?s strange that your food appears somewhere towards the end of the gift list. For me, the gifts which I accepted most recently jump to the first place on the list. So, if food is what you accept most often, then it should appear on the first page. Unless you?re talking about the way food appears on the list where YOU gift it to OTHERS. For me it also appears way down the list. But it is not affected by part gifts you accept, as this list simply includes all parts that were released to date. FYI - I only accept and send parts.
    It's a simple answer: you play ios, katiesue324 plays android.

Quote Originally Posted by tagliatele View Post
    @katiesue324
    twospoons is correct, I play Android.
    All recent gifts appear at the end of my gift inventory. So the first gifts I see are the ones I recieved 5 years ago. I have to scroll through 5 years of overstocked/never used parts to see my current gifts, whether it be looking for food, or taking count of my current goal parts. I've tried building to use up parts, but I can never find the right appliances to use the parts I have, and end up needing to request MORE parts to build an oven I didn't really want anyway. Most of my appliances are also unlocked, but that still doesn't help me clean up my excess parts.

I just wish Storm8 would give us an option for selling or deleting unwanted parts. Especially if they've been untouched for over a year...

I have nbrs on both sides of the coin. Some want food, some want parts. I'd rather err on the side of food than parts, so I usually mass-gift Food... if you accidentally accept food, but didn't want it, all you have to do is serve it up, and it disappears from your list, and you earn coins from selling it! But if you accidentally accept unwanted parts, you are stuck with them forever, and they profit you nothing. There is no way to go back and "undo."

Farm Supplier
    Yep, spot on, Katie. I wish I had the option to trade in each part in my inventory for stew in RS and cappuccino in BS. At least then I could make some money out of it, especially with the goals in the format that they currently are; might never need basic parts again. Like you, I play on android and understand your frustration with scrolling through inventory. There are so many suggestions that would bring huge improvements to this game but the developers just don't listen.

It's been a year since we were discussing this. And somewhere in these threads, I had made other suggestions too, and saw others make some great suggestions.
    Nothing has ever come of all these wonderful suggestions!

But when you submit a suggestion to storm8support, they say to come here to do that. Do the developers EVER come read all these suggestions?

Is there anybody in the development team that truly cares about what their players would like to see changed? Especially those that get a lot of "agree with you" comments.

Host(ess)
    Short answer? NO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12