Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted gifts!

New Resident

Unwanted gifts!

Is there no way to clear your gifts?! It's driving me mad. I accepted parts as gifts when 1st starting out and now I'm stuck with tonnes of stuff I can't use and a full giftbox 😕

Nightclub Owner
    Just keep them. You might need them later to build appliances. There is a limit on inventory but it's a ridiculously high number

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984boo View Post
    Is there no way to clear your gifts?! It's driving me mad. I accepted parts as gifts when 1st starting out and now I'm stuck with tonnes of stuff I can't use and a full giftbox ��
    I'm afraid you can't get rid of those parts already in your storage unless you buy and build those appliances that use them. Don't worry about your storage running out of space, it's really huge as mentioned above. Your storage page will run over to the next page as you get more different parts. It's good to keep them because they may come in handy again.

New Resident
    Lots and lots of extra parts are a great thing with the limited time goals. It makes a huge difference when you have a jump on some of the parts a new goal oven needs.

If people are telling you your gifts are full, don't worry, it's not because of those parts, you've just hit your daily limit. You can only be gifted 20 a day (and another 20 from requests).

But those of us who dont build a lot... ours keeps adding up. And when i want to utiluze food gifts, i have to scroll through 30 screens of junk to find my food. I WISH LIKE CRAZY that we could sell, delete, or give away those unwanted non food items.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieSue324 View Post
    But those of us who dont build a lot... ours keeps adding up. And when i want to utiluze food gifts, i have to scroll through 30 screens of junk to find my food. I WISH LIKE CRAZY that we could sell, delete, or give away those unwanted non food items.
    If you don't need parts why do you keep accepting them as gifts, then? Just decline.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenCat View Post
    Lots and lots of extra parts are a great thing with the limited time goals. It makes a huge difference when you have a jump on some of the parts a new goal oven needs.

If people are telling you your gifts are full, don't worry, it's not because of those parts, you've just hit your daily limit. You can only be gifted 20 a day (and another 20 from requests).
    This is correct!!

Those parts you don't want may come in VERY handy, later, oftou decide to do goals. I used to turn down parts because I was sure I'd never do goals. When I started doing goals, I was kicking myself. Even now, when goals come out, I never have the parts I should.

Rhino Keeper
    Ahhh my fav topic! Take it from an oldie but goldie, DECLINE GIFTS YOU DON'T WANT. No one knows you declined their gift and it opens space for gifts you want. I'm a parts-only player since lvl 20..I'm a 99 now. I have 400+ of each old original regular part, so I decline those, and I decline food (never understood food gifting past certain lvls in a COOKING game). Makes building goal ovens easier. When the goal is over, I gift the parts we just used so that nbrs can restock. Simple.

All of this to say, if you're into food, decline the parts. If into parts, decline the food. It's a game...play to enjoy it!!

Quote Originally Posted by gotalotaluv View Post
    Ahhh my fav topic! Take it from an oldie but goldie, DECLINE GIFTS YOU DON'T WANT. No one knows you declined their gift and it opens space for gifts you want. I'm a parts-only player since lvl 20..I'm a 99 now. I have 400+ of each old original regular part, so I decline those, and I decline food (never understood food gifting past certain lvls in a COOKING game). Makes building goal ovens easier. When the goal is over, I gift the parts we just used so that nbrs can restock. Simple.

All of this to say, if you're into food, decline the parts. If into parts, decline the food. It's a game...play to enjoy it!!
    SAME HERE! Lvl 99...PARTS ONLY!!!

Even have "parts only... no food please" on my wall. But still get food gifts. DECLINE!

whenever I have a new nbr I always ask them to post their gift preference on my wall & let them know I want parts only. I keep a list of all my nbrs w/ their gift preferences. That way they get what they need/want. I do mass gift according to *parts only*--*food only*--*both* for those who want food in between goals.

I accept ALL parts except random parts during goals. You never know when parts will reappear! Yes... When you get to the point where your resto is established & profitable you shouldn't need food gifts... IMO!

P.S. --- I play RS & BS w/ 69 & 73 nbrs. I keep my lists for each in a little notepad.
    Last edited by SBDOVER72; 09-14-17 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added P.S. comment
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful day

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieSue324 View Post
    I'm with you--fortunately I've played long enough that most ovens are unlocked for me, so I've been able to build stuff to eliminate some random parts of which I only had a couple anyway. Now I just decline totally weird gifts & accept food and basic parts. When goals roll around, I'm slightly slower (but not by much, since there's so many random gifts that even getting 20/day, you only have a couple of each when it's goal time again and people gift current parts),but I'm okay with that. I still make it, thanks to good neighbors.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast