View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed the Toadlette event?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

173 76.21%
  • I didn't complete the event

48 21.15%
  • Agree

134 59.03%
  • Neutral

49 21.59%
  • Disagree

25 11.01%
  • I didn't participate

5 2.20%
  • I crafted 1 or more Toadlette Soldiers

191 84.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/17 - The Toadlettes! | The Builders Guild

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    I did the spire first because I didn't know that the lvl 3 cottage dropped a shroom cap in addition to other items every collection, thought it was only a chance. Doing the spire first gets you ahead in the quest, doing the lvl 3 (lvl 2 and 3 upgrades do not require caps) cottage, gets you ahead in shroom cap collection.
    Thank you for this information. I'm now Putting off crafting soldier until I get cottage.

Executive Chef
    You're all welcome! I can't guarantee the lvl 3 t cottage will count for later goals as I upgraded the spire first. From past quests, they do count when you upgrade them earlier, especially when upgrade options are present all the time and not dependent on completion of prior goals.

Another couple of tips:
    If speeding up with gems to get extra shroom caps, if you have a lvl 3 t-cottage, speed this up instead of 2h adventure. 2h adventure sped up with 8 gems gives 1 or 2 shroom caps. Lvl 3 t-cottage sped up with 4 gems gives 1 cap for sure, and definitely 2 caps when sped up twice with 8 gems.

For players who are struggling with resources for the adventure, such as breaded fish or even coins, makes sense to aim for the lvl 3 t-cottage first before t-spire or t-soldier because this gives a shroom cap, also spears, fuzzy moss and sparkling toadstools every 4h without having to make bread, collect milk, fish, water and make the the breaded fish.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    You're all welcome! I can't guarantee the lvl 3 t cottage will count for later goals as I upgraded the spire first. From past quests, they do count when you upgrade them earlier, especially when upgrade options are present all the time and not dependent on completion of prior goals.

Another couple of tips:
    If speeding up with gems to get extra shroom caps, if you have a lvl 3 t-cottage, speed this up instead of 2h adventure. 2h adventure sped up with 8 gems gives 1 or 2 shroom caps. Lvl 3 t-cottage sped up with 4 gems gives 1 cap for sure, and definitely 2 caps when sped up twice with 8 gems.

For players who are struggling with resources for the adventure, such as breaded fish or even coins, makes sense to aim for the lvl 3 t-cottage first before t-spire or t-soldier because this gives a shroom cap, also spears, fuzzy moss and sparkling toadstools every 4h without having to make bread, collect milk, fish, water and make the the breaded fish.
    Thank you for the great tip! I'm going to get cottage first.
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotarch View Post
    i guess, it is cuz the moss&shrooms arent limited till 29.08. and you can use them after the event
    But we need the caps to build the beams I guess these will drop from soldier and buildings we're building etc? I'm guessing ponds, wells and Ivy will continue to drop the various items?
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Fashion Designer
    At least the last event gave us the tavern, dropping bread 2 or 3 times a day to use on the fish sticks. Wonder if that was planned?
    No Gems For Runes!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post

9: The Mildew Militia
    * Ask for Toadstool swords 0/20 ASK (skip 160 gems)
    * Donate longswords 0/10 GIVE (skip 50 gems)
    * Donate Warrior spears 0/10 GIVE (skip 140 gems)
    * Visit toadstool farmhouse Level 6 0/3 GO
    Rewards: 1000 coin, 10 xp
    Congratulations:

9: A Query For The Queen
    * Visit Ivy's Hut 0/1 GO (skip 24 gems)
    * Visit Old Thomas's house 0/1 GO (skip 4 gems)
    * Visit a toadstool farmhouse Level 4+ 0/1 GO
    * Visit community kingdoms 0/10 VISIT (skip 100 gems)
    Congratulations:

10: The Mildew Militia
    * Ask for Toadstool swords 0/20 ASK (skip 160 gems)
    * Donate longswords 0/10 GIVE (skip 50 gems)
    * Donate Warrior spears 0/10 GIVE (skip 140 gems)
    * Visit toadstool farmhouse Level 6 0/3 GO
    Congratulations:
    I know you do a fab job SW but thought you'd like the heads up there are 2 9's and one 9 is the same as the 10.

oops. I'll get rid of the extra one... SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 08-20-17 at 04:34 AM.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Rhino Keeper
    Help! Left the game for a while, got curious, and came back just before this event began. I don't like spending gems on stuff, don't have the barracks, have never heard of this other adventure building ... is this event at ALL doable within these restrictions, or should I just leave now?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by eam13 View Post
    Help! Left the game for a while, got curious, and came back just before this event began. I don't like spending gems on stuff, don't have the barracks, have never heard of this other adventure building ... is this event at ALL doable within these restrictions, or should I just leave now?
    if you don't have the barracks you will be pretty limited but probably not impossible.. the barracks adventure takes 4 hours and regular castle takes 2

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by eam13 View Post
    There are two parts: a non timed and the timed. If you do the timed event it will be way easier to customize your buildings. If not, it will be a long run for each customization, but the doors are not closed. On this account I will not go for the grand prize, but just focus on 1 soldier to produce at homeopathic rate the resources necessary to customize my buildings. So I do this event as a nearly normal pace, just use those 12 days to have extra easy drops to move ahead. PS: I might be wrong, but this is my conclusion on the various parts I have seen and read.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    So it looks like Porcini only drops toadstool items, making this a completely self-contained event. Given my schedule this week I'll likely pass, especially since I don't want to convert any of my spires. The four of them I have now symmetrically surround Sabrina's house and I don't feel like building another one just to reskin and then put in storage. Plus I don't have the room for a whole new village. I guess the toads won't be setting up house in my kingdom lol.
    No Gems For Runes!