View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed the Toadlette event?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

173 76.21%
  • I didn't complete the event

48 21.15%
  • Agree

134 59.03%
  • Neutral

49 21.59%
  • Disagree

25 11.01%
  • I didn't participate

5 2.20%
  • I crafted 1 or more Toadlette Soldiers

191 84.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/17 - The Toadlettes! | The Builders Guild

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Click on menu (bottom right) and click on social to visit community members from there.
    Oh. I thought it was happening when you clicked on the 'visit' button. So sorry that's happening, I have no idea besides reporting it to S8 support. Does it do the same thing when you try to visit neighbors?
    Yes it does. This has been happening in their other games too for a few weeks now. I'll report it to s8 thanks

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dipwid View Post
    Quick question-can I build 2 toadstool potion shops in addition to my regular ones (or toadstool forges in addition to my regular ones); or do the ones I have just look different but are still limited to just 2?
    no. you 'consume' the originals. The Guild allows you to change the facade. limit is still 2.

I saw another comment on this but wanted to add that rock chopping is the way to go for mossy balls. I get at least one every chop and on occasions two. Hope this helps! Putting away all my crazy amounts of ponds and will stick to the 2 and my wells for water and rocks to be the main focus. It saves room as you need one out at a time and just replace, plus make sure you park a monster!
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Rhino Keeper
    Does not make sense to have to have a level 1 building...for fusing... if your capped out, you have to delete a 6 level building in order to fuse. Probably won't be participating much in this quest. Refuse to delete a higher level building in order to fuse it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackiesq View Post
    How many shroom caps do we get from adventure? That's the bottleneck in this event I think...
    Usually 1, but TWO dropped from the adventure I just collected! YAY! (Sure hope that happens often!)

But yep, you're right -- shroom caps are the definite bottleneck for this event, especially since they're needed for TWO different crafts... 10 of them needed to make a Mossy Bed & 5 of them needed to make a Toadstool Beam.
    I'm really surprised there isn't a special item available in the market that drops the shroom caps, because I'll be maxed on Fuzzy Moss & Sparkling Toadstools soon, with no way to use 'em yet.

And has anyone gotten their Toadlette Soldiers to drop more than 1 Warrior Spear?? ...if not, those spears will be slow-going, too. I really don't see the point of the Toadstool Stump trap that's in the market for 20 gems (besides being cute) if the warriors are only ever gonna drop 1 spear. We can save the energy it takes to battle a soldier AND save 6 gems by just buying a Warrior Spear in the Workshop for 14 gems!

....and for those putting away all of your ponds to just chop rocks, don't forget: the new adventure needs water.

S8 ~ Why is the cap only on the Shroom Caps set at 999 when they're the hardest thing to get while all of the the easier acquired resources are capped at 99???
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 08-17-17 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Q to S8

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Usually 1, but TWO dropped from the adventure I just collected! YAY! (Sure hope that happens often!)

But yep, you're right -- shroom caps are the definite bottleneck for this event, especially since they're needed for TWO different crafts... 10 of them needed to make a Mossy Bed & 5 of them needed to make a Toadstool Beam.
    I'm really surprised there isn't a special item available in the market that drops the shroom caps, because I'll be maxed on Fuzzy Moss & Sparkling Toadstools soon, with no way to use 'em yet.

And has anyone gotten their Toadlette Soldiers to drop more than 1 Warrior Spear?? ...if not, those spears will be slow-going, too. I really don't see the point of the Toadstool Stump trap that's in the market for 20 gems (besides being cute) if the warriors are only ever gonna drop 1 spear. We can save the energy it takes to battle a soldier AND save 6 gems by just buying a Warrior Spear in the Workshop for 14 gems!

....and for those putting away all of your ponds to just chop rocks, don't forget: the new adventure needs water.
    I did get 2 spears from an adventure, so it's possible - but very rare. I've done at least 10 adventures, and it's only happened once.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    The adventure needs 10 water, 1 breaded fish and 10,000 coins.
    I hope the adventure starts bringing back more than 1 mushroom cap. I think it's a high price to bring back just 1. Glad it's just 2 hrs duration though.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gracelinda View Post
    Does not make sense to have to have a level 1 building...for fusing... if your capped out, you have to delete a 6 level building in order to fuse. Probably won't be participating much in this quest. Refuse to delete a higher level building in order to fuse it.
    The caps were raised a short while ago, and I did warn players not to be hasty and buy more for the sake of having multiples because we will need those extra slots for things like this. Why would you have all of your farmhouses at L6? Given it's optional (unless you're participating in the event and you have to fuse a farmhouse to get Porcini) you can opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post

S8 ~ Why is the cap only on the Shroom Caps set at 999 when they're the hardest thing to get while all of the the easier acquired resources are capped at 99???
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    I did get 2 spears from an adventure, so it's possible - but very rare. I've done at least 10 adventures, and it's only happened once.
    I also got 2 spears from my last adventure/battle. But so far only one shroom cap per adventure. It's gonna be slow going unless S8 makes some changes. We could sure use second sources for shroom caps and spears! I may have to break down and speed up my barracks....I thought it was safe to send the knights out, since special adventures are rarely in there.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    I also got 2 spears from my last adventure/battle. But so far only one shroom cap per adventure. It's gonna be slow going unless S8 makes some changes. We could sure use second sources for shroom caps and spears! I may have to break down and speed up my barracks....I thought it was safe to send the knights out, since special adventures are rarely in there.
    Maybe the drops from the adventure get better as you progress in the event. I just got 2 shroom caps and a fuzzy vine from 1 adventure. So much better.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68