Thread: weird alicorn differences

weird alicorn differences

So I was just looking at my alicorns and noticing some weird differences in speed up costs.

1 hr 45 minute speed up costs 8 gems for skelecorn, but only 2 for aquamarine alicorn.

45 minute speed up costs 3 gems for rainbow alicorn, but 1 gem for wedding alicorn.

Anyone have any idea why? Are there other differences in the alicorns that make them more or less valuable? I know my skelecorns often drop glimmer dust and my aquamarine alicorns always drop mermaid scales and the rainbow ones can drop rainbow pots (rare) and deco (less rare). But I'm really puzzled by this

Rhino Keeper
    I noticed it just yesterday Some cost 88 gems to speed up and others only 16...

Executive Chef
    Armored Alis may drop mithril.

Nightclub Owner
    speed-up is dependents on remaining time, not total refresh time. But the formula is ROUNDUP([@Collection]/15,0)
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Shibuya, I'm not sure I understand. Steffihilson is right. Some alicorns cost 88 gems to speed up 22 hours (rainbow, skelecorn), while some only cost 16 to speed up 22 hours (wedding, aquamarine)

Oooh, how do you get armoured allis?

They're from the Mythic Research Centre.... SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 08-12-17 at 02:49 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by tartarosfalling View Post
    Shibuya, I'm not sure I understand. Steffihilson is right. Some alicorns cost 88 gems to speed up 22 hours (rainbow, skelecorn), while some only cost 16 to speed up 22 hours (wedding, aquamarine)
    Right, I see.

I have only the Pink & Wedding that have a speed-up lower than expected others seems normal. I have no skeleton, aquamarine, faerie, Armored, Flower Power, or Glimmeregg to check it. The formula seems to be ROUNDUP([@Collection]/120,0). Need to wait until next collection to see if those two have been grouped differently as the other Alicorns (normally decoration).
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Nightclub Owner
    I've always wondered about this too. The nearest guess I can come up with is that the higher gem speed up is because of better drops along with the energy. I have some of each and the ones that cost 88 to speed up 22hrs are: Rainbow, Unicorn, Glimmer, Armored, Skelecorn and Faerie. Other than the Skelecorn, they all drop rare items like Rainbow pots, trade tokens, armor, etc. in addition to energy. All my other Alis only cost 16 to speed up 22hrs and they drop energy and common items like petals or mermaid scales.

Fashion Designer
    Probably for the same reason different alicorns have different prices when they go on sale for Black Friday.... which is also unknown lol.
    No Gems For Runes!