Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 8/10 update - Ivy's Magic Nursery - Skunkupea, Fangpup (main story)

Host(ess)
    Hm I wonder whether there will also be a baby boar or baby troll in the future, since this building is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinc4 View Post
    Do consider using the harvest champion boost when collecting corn, when energy drops it is doubled, which gives much better return for skunkupine hunting. Makes the 24 hour challenge more achievable.
    Champion boost? Harvest boost? How do you get that?

Quote Originally Posted by DutchIsles2 View Post
    Champion boost? Harvest boost? How do you get that?
    Crafted in the Apothecary. Have you expanded to the Elven Outpost?
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    Remember that the timed part of this is not necessary to get the animals. They are a permanent addition. For people that don't have many energy sources, and have others goals to complete, I would suggest (just my personal opinion of course) the best approach really is to treat this as a longer term goal and not worry about the 24 hr side goal.

Then hopefully one day, they will have a sense of achievement when they have enough milk to craft a baby animal (a bit like people feel when they finally complete other goals like Sister, Sister!).

Even though I have a reasonable number of weekly alis, I don't think I am going to use them to try for the 24 hr goal. I think I will prefer to use them this weekend to do a lot of chopping for the mermaid storyline. (Sounds like fun, doesn't it )The only thing I might do is bring out some flowers to collect from occasionally, as normally I don't have any out.

And again just my personal opinion, but I don't really see anything that wrong with S8 adding things that can be done by long term players, and not others, as long as the other players will eventually be able to achieve the same thing. Long term players need incentive to keep playing.
    I understand what you are saying, and I agree there is nothing wrong with adding things for higher level players to keep them motivated to keep playing but a lot of things are not possible anymore for us like the alicorns which makes this an imbalanced game, because you could use your extra energy if you want to, but I do not have the possibility to gain extra energy( I thought to finally gain a bit of energy with the onyx boars but even that is taken away which makes it very frustrating)and the timer makes it frustrated because at this rate it take at least a month for me to complete( In general I do not really spawn much skunkipines, sometimes days go by)and I know I do not have to complete within 24 hours but who doesn't want a boost of 25 ...milk, the younger players need it so much more because everything is already so much harder to achieve. I can remeber a time when playing this and DS as well everything was more relaxed and fun and still goals were achievable for most.

Nightclub Owner
    I thought this was an adorable little project and regardless of the drops I'm glad to have that cute Skunkupea in my kingdom. However, after spending all day yesterday tapping crops and flowers I think I've decided to not rush with the Fangpup. Of course, saying and doing are two different things but I figure if it's here to stay, no use in rushing an already short goal.

I appreciate that S8 is making the monsters more valuable with this new building. I usually just have a troll parked since I've long been maxed on monster drops but with this new addition I'll once again have a reason to slay beasts in my kingdom.

I look forward to future baby monster additions too. I'm especially thinking of the next monster hunt, how great would a baby blue dire boar be?
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 08-11-17 at 07:29 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    I can remeber a time when playing this and DS as well everything was more relaxed and fun and still goals were achievable for most.
    Well, I guess I think that is exactly what S8 have achieved with this. There is no rush, we can go at a pace that suits us individually and gradually get these baby animals over time. And the babies are cute

Rhino Keeper
    I know how to get the skunkupines. Start another monster hunt that way the fang beasts won't drop and the skunkupines will.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lennumber1 View Post
    I know how to get the skunkupines. Start another monster hunt that way the fang beasts won't drop and the skunkupines will.
    Hahaha

Rhino Keeper
    I've had decent luck with wheat / corn / tomatoes. I used the Nimble Farmer boost in the Apothecary to speed up my wheat crops during the 24 hour challenge. And it is giving me an excuse to stock up on flour, grits, and other kitchen items that will come in handy later. I hate to let supplies go to waste.

When my crops weren't spawning skunkupines, then I switched over to harvesting my bushes and flowers. I had good luck with the Penstemon Shrub, which is helpful if you need more blue petals to craft the Skunkupea, and some of the other shrubs as well triggered a skunkupine. I'm taking advantage of the extra petals by crafting extra Floral Glow for the Faerie Elixir. I burned through a lot of those during the last challenge, so it is good to stock up again.

So I'm happy with the new addition to our kingdom and storyline! I'm not sure how many of the baby pets I will craft, but it is a nice option to have and it will be fun to see what other pets they add to the Magic Nursery.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eastie41 View Post
    Hi! I just want to confirm that we can still craft the animals after the timed event. Thanks
    Yup! Both babies are craftable after the event. The time quest will just help you craft the babies earlier

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast