Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 8/10 update - Ivy's Magic Nursery - Skunkupea, Fangpup (main story)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by eastie41 View Post
    Hi! I just want to confirm that we can still craft the animals after the timed event. Thanks
    Yes. . The timed goal specifically states something like "Note: You do not have to complete this quest to continue. However, completing it will get you ahead."

SW also has this info on page 1.
    Last edited by cavegirl1; 08-11-17 at 04:04 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by peacenlovegirl View Post
    My skunkupines are extinct
    Mine too. When you tap on the go button for slaying Skunkupines it actually takes you to a tree. I got one on the first tree. After another 7 trees, nothing. After nine hours I still only have one Skunkupine. Nothing from corn, nothing from flowers, nothing from tomatoes. REALLY.

Fashion Designer
    So I used my 3 traps first minutes, lost 1 milk and the trap after a crash. So 2 milk from 3 traps.... 17 hours later I have 3 milk... 1 skunkupine from all my crops (usually I get at least 1 in 20 corn/wheat/sugar crops) and no luck from my flowers so far (only tried a few because I'm maxed on petals).
    Okay I forget the 25 milk bonus! This will be one of the longtime goals now...

Edit: Something repared itself or by S8 👍thx.
    I've 4 milk now, but only 3 (slayed 4) from the 12 skunks in the timed quest... So at least I got my milk back. And I'll not find 8 or 9 skunks this few hours, so I play as usual and planting some useful sugarcrops now to keep a chance for skunks too.
    Last edited by Jackiesq; 08-11-17 at 03:29 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Timer of 24 hours is to short for most players that do not have extra energy giving animals like alicorns( which is impossible to get/earn without gems). I went through 4 times my 40 energy now and only 2 skunkipines, I hate timers if it is made impossible to do. S8 please calculate timing asuming players only have 40 energy every 2 hours not taking into consideration that some players have way more extra energy otherwise this game is constantly only in favour of the longtime players.
    And my sub account hasn't spawn any skunkipines. So I am letting it go, and just going to do my main story goals because this isn't any fun any more.
    Last edited by maryamhjm; 08-11-17 at 03:00 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    Timer of 24 hours is to short for most players that do not have extra energy giving animals like alicorns( which is impossible to get/earn without gems). I went through 4 times my 40 energy now and only 2 skunkipines, I hate timers if it is made impossible to do. S8 please calculate timing asuming players only have 40 energy every 2 hours not taking into consideration that some players have way more extra energy otherwise this game is constantly only in favour of the longtime players.
    And my sub account hasn't spawn any skunkipines. So I am letting it go, and just going to do my main story goals because this isn't any fun any more.
    Remember that the timed part of this is not necessary to get the animals. They are a permanent addition. For people that don't have many energy sources, and have others goals to complete, I would suggest (just my personal opinion of course) the best approach really is to treat this as a longer term goal and not worry about the 24 hr side goal.

Then hopefully one day, they will have a sense of achievement when they have enough milk to craft a baby animal (a bit like people feel when they finally complete other goals like Sister, Sister!).

Even though I have a reasonable number of weekly alis, I don't think I am going to use them to try for the 24 hr goal. I think I will prefer to use them this weekend to do a lot of chopping for the mermaid storyline. (Sounds like fun, doesn't it )The only thing I might do is bring out some flowers to collect from occasionally, as normally I don't have any out.

And again just my personal opinion, but I don't really see anything that wrong with S8 adding things that can be done by long term players, and not others, as long as the other players will eventually be able to achieve the same thing. Long term players need incentive to keep playing.

Fashion Designer
    This might help other players. After 9 hours of daylight I had only one Skunkupine to my credit.
    I force closed and now I am getting them frequently from my flowers and vegetables. Have got 6 from about 100 energy.
    I only have a little time left now, but will try - would be nice to get the 25 bonus milk bottles.

Rhino Keeper
    Do consider using the harvest champion boost when collecting corn, when energy drops it is doubled, which gives much better return for skunkupine hunting. Makes the 24 hour challenge more achievable.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinc4 View Post
    Do consider using the harvest champion boost when collecting corn, when energy drops it is doubled, which gives much better return for skunkupine hunting. Makes the 24 hour challenge more achievable.
    not sure if I agree with this.. I don't see it as a wise move.
    harvesting crops are done with one tap on the plot.. so even if plot yeilds 2 by using the champion boost.. your spawning chance is still the one tap on the plot, not doubled. it does seem to me a waste of runes for an action you normally do without.

the 24hr side-goal I see achievable only with help of some traps. surprisingly I had 24 stocked in my inventory, of which I didn't know as I've never bought any. they do come with adventures so must have stocked up. have a look in your inventory.. just maybe you find some free help.

good luck!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinc4 View Post
    That's a good idea. I'm definitely running out of energy quickly on this one, so if i can finish all my harvesting with almost no energy use, i still have it all left when I go for the flowers. I've got over 2000 bronze runes - what else am I going to do with them?
    Next issue is how to quickly use up all the sugar and wheat I am harvesting.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    not sure if I agree with this.. I don't see it as a wise move.
    harvesting crops are done with one tap on the plot.. so even if plot yeilds 2 by using the champion boost.. your spawning chance is still the one tap on the plot, not doubled. it does seem to me a waste of runes for an action you normally do without.

the 24hr side-goal I see achievable only with help of some traps. surprisingly I had 24 stocked in my inventory, of which I didn't know as I've never bought any. they do come with adventures so must have stocked up. have a look in your inventory.. just maybe you find some free help.

good luck!
    Sorry, I didn't explain it very well - using the harvest boost gives a much better (doubled) return on energy when harvesting crops. So I found that when using the boost, by expending 30 energy on my 30 plots often returned 20 or more energy, which I could invest again in harvesting crops. By repeatedly harvesting corn over the course of the 3 hours that the boost lasted I found that I needed no traps or gems to meet the side challenge. Of course this depends upon the spawn rates for skunkupines - which seem to be about 1 in 15 or so for corn for me. I realise I may have been lucky with that spawn rate.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast