Thread: Farm Story causing high battery drain (android)

Farm Story causing high battery drain (android)

Anyone else on android find Farm Story to be the highest battery draining app on their phones?

I have realized that if I don't manually Force Stop the app after each use, I lose significantly more battery compared to when it's running in the background. I really don't know what causes this, I've noticed it on my old Samsung Sii as well as my new C5 pro. Whenever I look at app usage, it's always usually the top or second top app next to the android os using up battery life even compared to games like asphalt 8.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.

You can clear cache to delete the cache.
    The above may help.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Are you saying I should or shouldn't delete my cache?

I don't know if that's entirely to bame for my battery drain after exiting the app.
    Screenshot_20170807-101246.jpg

Farm Supplier
    I have encountered this issue too. The game drained my Galaxy S7 battery overnight just by being in the background.

The Honorable Panda
    I am sorry I misread your post. I would advise exiting the game after you are finished playing. This should help with battery drain.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Thanks. I do a proper exit each time and it continues to do the same. High battery drain when I don't manually Force Stop the app.

@dylangaz, have you noticed it with other devices as well, what's your solution?