Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Where's My Gold?

  1. #1
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    114

    Where's My Gold?

    Last Friday (July 28th) I purchased a VIP package that for $9.99 was supposed to give me 50 gold immediately, and 8 gold every day for the next 30 days. I got the 50 gold, but that's it....I am not getting the 8 gold per day. FIX THIS!!!

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Are you logging in to collect the Gold each day from the menu? You'll see the timer countdown for when you're able to collect more Gold.

  4. #4
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Are you logging in to collect the Gold each day from the menu? You'll see the timer countdown for when you're able to collect more Gold.
    Logging in where, and what menu? When you buy the package there is no information on how you get the gold; there should be! I thought you'd just get it automatically.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by koetsub View Post
    Logging in where, and what menu? When you buy the package there is no information on how you get the gold; there should be! I thought you'd just get it automatically.
    The Gold menu where you buy Gold from. There should be a collect area and a timer.

  6. #6
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The Gold menu where you buy Gold from. There should be a collect area and a timer.
    There is no such thing.

    If there is a timer someplace I hope I have not lost any of the gold I paid for.

  7. #7
    Please contact support for assistance if you don't see the collection option in your game.

  8. #8
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    114
    Submitted a form and got acknowledgement of receipt from support on August 4th, then nothing.....

    Would one of the managers here please go and wake up the support guys. I paid for that gold. I should not have to be chasing this.

  9. #9
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    114
    Got a response:

    [Removed Support emails or private communications]

    THIS IS ASININE. You should be advised of this ridiculous approach when you buy the darn stuff. There are absolutely no instructions.

    Come on guys! This is ridiculous....the last time I will buy this nonsense!
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-15-17 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Removed Support communications

  10. #10
    Grand Emperor
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    24,672
    You can send in your feedback by replying to the Agent and continue to work with them if you have other issues. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •