View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed Meet the Brownies Community event?

Voters
397. You may not vote on this poll
  • Event completed - used gems

170 42.82%
  • Event completed - no gems

125 31.49%
  • I didn't complete a L10 Law Office

98 24.69%
  • Agree

221 55.67%
  • Neutral

94 23.68%
  • Disagree

37 9.32%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.76%
  • I didn't craft a Treeple

23 5.79%
  • I crafted 1 or more Treeples

338 85.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/27 Meet the Brownies Community Event | 13 days | goals post 2

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    In my opinion the last prize - the Barrister's Bakery - is horrible anyways.
    It's quite ugly and with its's 3x3 footprint waaay too large.

The Fey Courthouse and Ye Old Bar 'n Grille are awesome though!!
    Both with a 2x2 footprint and cute design!! ❤️
    Also at only 1200 and 420 bobbins most players should be able to get them easily.

With 9 days remaining players can easily reach the 1200 bobbin mark with
    5 collections/day (once every 4hrs (with 8hrs sleep)) from:
    LVL7 Law Office and 1 Treeple
    LVL4 Law Office and 2 Treeples
    I absolutely don't care about the looks And I only keep things with good drops. If I don't click on something for a while, it goes straight into storage, so the space is also not an issue.
    I really like the drops of the bakery, so I think I'll try to get it, but I'm not getting my hopes up, as this time it really does seem impossible

Farm Supplier
    the drop rates for the scrolls are so low. only get one after using 20 energies. seems like another impossible event.

Executive Chef
    2400 bobbins in 14 days... that's quite the challenge... I'm lvl 8 now, and really don't know if I will make it...

Rhino Keeper
    I thought I was doing pretty well - level 7 now, and hoping to make level 8 tomorrow - but I can't see how I can get the bobbins. I have 261 now, and I can collect about six times in a day (given work and life commitments), so I think I can get 96 in the next 24 hours, 360 in the next three days at level 8, 450 in the following 3 days at level 9, and then I should be at level ten for the last three days and get about 540. But that all still only adds to 1707. Way short. Even if I risk getting into trouble at work and get 7 collections a day, I still wont make 2000 by the end of the challenge.

Fashion Designer
    I don't have a chance of finishing this. The drops from ponds, rocks and mines are ridiculous. I've had one treeple from a mine today. I just chopped a rock and got 3 dire boars from the same rock. Mind you I did get 3 scrolls from it so that's more than usual. I have 12 ponds out and got 2 wigs. I've been playing as much as possible and haven't even reached 300 gavels yet! I have no idea what more I can do but this is beyond frustrating. Sorry for the vent. I'll go wait for my energy to build.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    I don't have a chance of finishing this. The drops from ponds, rocks and mines are ridiculous. I've had one treeple from a mine today. I just chopped a rock and got 3 dire boars from the same rock. Mind you I did get 3 scrolls from it so that's more than usual. I have 12 ponds out and got 2 wigs. I've been playing as much as possible and haven't even reached 300 gavels yet! I have no idea what more I can do but this is beyond frustrating. Sorry for the vent. I'll go wait for my energy to build.
    I keep a treeple out until I know a mine or Ivy is ready for the next round. I don't have the energy to deal with stray dire boars. I have a nice flock of alicorns, and I don't know how you could even attempt this challenge without them.
    Surely the 2400 bobbins is a mis-type. Even if you had managed to get your Office to level 10 already and managed to make a couple of treeple, I still don't see how you could collect enough.

Executive Chef
    I just referred back to the Judgement Gray poll and noticed that only about 1/3 of players were able to get the horse pasture to level 10. That event was a week longer than treeple quest. And 2400 horseshoes were required for the main prize as well. Based on this being only 2 weeks, it seems that 1800 would be a more reasonable bobbin requirement. Even at 1800, many players still wouldn't finish based on the data from the Judgement Gray poll.

I guess the major difference is that the prizes are far better in this event which might encourage more gem use. But it does seem that this quest is going to be tough for the majority of players if the spawn rates are not increased by a lot. I wouldn't expect S8 to lower the bobbin requirements, but increasing the treeples should definitely be considered.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Executive Chef
    Just my opinion, but this one should have been made for lower level players even if it meant boredom for higher levels. Most of higher level or long term players have numerous kitchens, food sources i.e. reindeer stable and Ivy's bakery. Not to mention huge hoards of items.
    This would have given lower level players to have these resources made available to them.
    Instead they get asked for mitherl when they're not even to that point in the game.
    I bet most won't stay around too long.
    Just my 2 cents worth not that it makes any dif.

Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    I think we just need to accept that this event is designed to force players to buy gems.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    I think we just need to accept that this event is designed to force players to buy gems.
    maybe so. Or it was a mistake. When using template from Judgement Gray, they overlooked the days required for the event.
    New employees at S8? Or high turnover?
    So it seems.
    Remember the glitches.

Adding: excuse my negativity. I lost a boatload of gems in a gem trap by accidentally speeding up an adventure.
    Last edited by riverly; 07-31-17 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Slow burn