View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed Meet the Brownies Community event?

Voters
397. You may not vote on this poll
  • Event completed - used gems

170 42.82%
  • Event completed - no gems

125 31.49%
  • I didn't complete a L10 Law Office

98 24.69%
  • Agree

221 55.67%
  • Neutral

94 23.68%
  • Disagree

37 9.32%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.76%
  • I didn't craft a Treeple

23 5.79%
  • I crafted 1 or more Treeples

338 85.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/27 Meet the Brownies Community Event | 13 days | goals post 2

thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    One of my neighbors has an interesting theory about spawn rates. Since she and I both have comparatively decent spawn rates in every quest, she wondered if the spawning algorithm might perhaps factor in a players social rating. She and I both stay between 3-4 hearts. To test her theory, I visited some neighbors with a zero rating and noticed that their Law Offices were around Level 2-4 while my higher socially rated neighbors were at levels 6-9. This is not definitive at all since many other things come into play. Such as lower rated players may not be collecting from their mines very often and higher rated players might be using a few gems to advance.

Still, it's interesting if S8 is rewarding players who interact with the community more. And not entirely unreasonable.

My spawn rates seem better today. I've been averaging 3 treeples a day, but I've already spawned 2 this morning.
    I think that is a reasonable theory. I know that there needs to be something that factors into the algorithm to explain the differences.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    I can't make mythril in my forge(level 28), what do I have to finish in the story to be able to make mythril
    Research the questlines for "Secrets of Mithril" and work your way backwards to see where you're at, believe this will give you the crafting option. However, it may take you a while to get there. Deep mines also drop mithril and you can do the jeweler's trade at the royal exchange. Sir Pigglesworth drops mithril as well, but on very rare occassion. Possible that one of the later adventures rewards it as well, but at Lvl28 I doubt those are available to you yet. Other than that there's the mithril dragon. If you're still at a loss maybe S8 can help? Im still checking to see if I can find the exact questline steps (I know it involves collecting 4 shards) and I'll post the link for you. However, I'd say try the Jeweler's trade or Deep Mines as this is where all my mithril stock comes from. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Jaybeast72; 08-01-17 at 11:42 AM.

Host(ess)
    One of my neighbors has an interesting theory about spawn rates. Since she and I both have comparatively decent spawn rates in every quest, she wondered if the spawning algorithm might perhaps factor in a players social rating. She and I both stay between 3-4 hearts. To test her theory, I visited some neighbors with a zero rating and noticed that their Law Offices were around Level 2-4 while my higher socially rated neighbors were at levels 6-9. This is not definitive at all since many other things come into play. Such as lower rated players may not be collecting from their mines very often and higher rated players might be using a few gems to advance.

Still, it's interesting if S8 is rewarding players who interact with the community more. And not entirely unreasonable.

My spawn rates seem better today. I've been averaging 3 treeples a day, but I've already spawned 2 this morning.
    Shhhh! They'll recode it. You need an Inspector Gadget self-destruct attached to that post! I've found similar success and think you're correct as I noticed this helped immensely during the Lynx event, although discovered much too late. This will be confirmed for me, if Indryia's [who reports spawning an astronomical 1treeple upon collecting both mines] social rating is 3-4stars...

"Keep you're friends close, and your S8 discoveries closer" ;}
    Last edited by Jaybeast72; 08-01-17 at 11:39 AM.

I maintain a 4 heart social rating and I only got 1 treeple from my mines in the first 3 days, so I don't think your theory is true--at least not in my case. The spawn rate has picked up a bit and I got 3 treeple from mines since yesterday, but the gavel drop has gone down from 3-4 from Ivy to 2. I'm at level 7 and at this rate I don't think I'll get to 10, but I'm still gonna try. My bad luck can't hold forever.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeast72 View Post
    Research the questlines for "Secrets of Mithril" and work your way backwards to see where you're at, believe this will give you the crafting option. However, it may take you a while to get there. Deep mines also drop mithril and you can do the jeweler's trade at the royal exchange. That drops mithril as well. Possible that one of the later adventures rewards it as well, but at Lvl28 I doubt those are available to you yet. Other than that there's the mithril dragon. If you're still at a loss maybe KookyPanda or S8 can help? Im still checking to see if I can find the exact questline steps (I know it involves collecting 4 shards) and I'll post the link for you. However, I'd say try the Jeweler's trade or Deep Mines as this is where all my mithril stock comes from. Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much, I do collect from the deep mine and do the jeweler's trade but nothing yet since this event(I have 4 now). I know it is not that important to finish as it is just decor but want to be able to make mythril anyway for later when needed.

Rhino Keeper

I am the "zero rating" player and my spawn rate is ok. Not great, that's for sure, but my Law Office is on level 8 with no gems spent, so I don't think your theory is true

This morning I even got THREE treeples during one "visit"!

Rhino Keeper
    I am at 3 heart sicial rating and visit neighbours every day but my spawning rate is terrible unless you count the glimmer trolls because than it is very high( about 2 per rock)

Executive Chef
    I have noticed the account I don't spend money on has better spawn rates and better luck on everything including breeding (when I was playing Dragon and FantasyForest stories? Neither account visits unless it's required for a quest or occasionally for energy.

I think they figured I would continue to spend money to finish. It's extremely annoying when even Ivy gives me a dire boar instead of the Treeple

Rhino Keeper

I don't think so. I am always doing ok in quests without stressing or desperate or spending gems. The ones I don't complete or when I use some gems in the end to speed things, there are quests where I forgot to login in or I think I have enough time lol
    And my social rating is zero! I never visit neighbors. Only when an event ask for.
    I used to do it at the beginning, then I ended up with 130-140 neighbors and I don't have time to visit.

I also played more than 1 year and half without spending money. And still completed events.

I think its really random and if it depends on something is the style of playing. But also I don't code, so ...