Thread: Dragons

New Resident

Dragons

How do I get my dragon's past level 10 . Some of the quests are saying rear your dragon to level 11 or 12
    But I can't do that please help

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    You need a Noble Crystal from the Market to level Dragons above level 10.

Why aren't we told this.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletcaz View Post
    Why aren't we told this.
    There's a quest in the goal book.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    There's a quest in the goal book.
    Judging by the frequency with which this same question is asked, I don't think a quest in the goal book is enough to explain how to feed dragons past level 10. This question gets asked A LOT, probably an average of once a week, at least.

Part of the problem is the goal book. It's very poorly organized. New goals randomly pop up in the middle or near the end of the list, making them very easy to overlook. Not only does that make no sense, but it also adds to the general confusion already created by the names/titles of the goals, themselves. The strange, unhelpful names/titles of the goals make it difficult to find the one you need. I've been playing for ages, and whenever I breed a new-to-me dragon, I still have to go down the list and open each goal, one by one, to see if there is a goal that pertains to my new dragon. Because of the confused, poorly-organized state of the goals book, I mostly ignore the goals list. I know I'm not the only one. (The chintzy rewards don't help much, either).

Renaming the goals would be extremely helpful. The dragon the goal is about, or in some cases, the item you will win by completing the goal, should be in the title. For example, instead of calling the Neon Dragon goal the vague, bewildering, and kinda misleading name "All Abuzz," just rename the goal "Neon Dragon." Simple, direct and, most importantly, clear.

If the goal pertaining to the Noble Crystal was renamed "Feed Dragons Past Level 10!," or similar, more players might see it (I have no idea what the goal is currently titled because I've had the Crystal for years...but I'm betting it's something vague or and/or an attempt to be jokey/cutesy, like all the other goal titles).

Or, even better, that particular goal should get it's own side quest. An icon should pop-up on the right of the screen when a player reaches the level that unlocks the Noble Crystal. The Noble Crystal is too important to have it's info sitting anonymously somewhere in the middle of the looong goals list. I'm no fan of goal icons, but this one instance where an icon is not only logical, but needed.

Can you tell with a quick glance what these goal are about? Or even which dragon is needed to complete each one? I sure can't, and I've already read the details of each these goals dozens and dozens of times in the past:

Here's the dragons that go with each of these goals:
    1. 8 Bit
    2. Neon ('buzz' tends to make one think of bees, not neon. js.)
    3. Emberglow
    4. Mech
    5. Chrome
    6. Armor
    7. Gadget

The titles are complete nonsense.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 08-05-17 at 11:54 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170807-192652.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	37631

It's called "Only the nobles" and as you can see, it doesn't really tell you what it's supposed to do.

@FireballFarm - You are SO right! With all of the events and crashing every 2 minutes I barely have time to play let Alon click on every one of the goals. I can't even tell you when the last time I checked the goals was...months and months ago! Who knows what's there?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Can you tell with a quick glance what these goal are about? Or even which dragon is needed to complete each one? I sure can't, and I've already read the details of each these goals dozens and dozens of times in the past:

Here's the dragons that go with each of these goals:
    1. 8 Bit
    2. Neon ('buzz' tends to make one think of bees, not neon. js.)
    3. Emberglow
    4. Mech
    5. Chrome
    6. Armor
    7. Gadget

The titles are complete nonsense.
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but to me all those titles make sense, and I think they're funny.
    Retro: a retro-game, like the 8-bit games we used to play
    Buzz: electicity also makes a buzzing sound somtimes, as do neon-lights
    Slow burn: ember is a form of fire/fuell
    Rumble: a mech make a lot of rumbling noise
    Chrome: on a car it is a status symbol
    Armour: a house can also be a fortification
    Trash: the gadget-dragon looks like it's been made out of trash

But I agree with you, it isn't easy, and could be better.

Fashion Designer
    I understand the 'joke' behind each title, I'm talking about convenience and clarity. The dragon attached to each goal should be easily recognizable with a quick scan of the list. If I breed a Mech, for example, I'm not going to know the 'Rumble on the Isles' goal is for the Mech. I'd have to open each goal and look at the descriptions. Again. I'd much rather find the goal quickly, see the additional task that needs to be completed, and get back to my dragons. 'One Man's Trash' could just as easily be the Mech goal because it looks like it's been made of spare parts. (The first thing that comes to my mind when seeing 'Rumble in the Isles' is 'Rumble in the Jungle,' which makes me think of a big cat growling, or a boxing championship. Or Jethro Tull...but, definitely not a Mech Dragon). Multiple dragons could fit many of these titles. If there were only 10-12 goals, sure, jokey titles would be fine. But there are TONS of goals, all with cutesy/pun/jokey/nonsensical titles.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 08-08-17 at 07:29 PM.