If it breaks down one day, we should demand for a refund. Since there's no indication anywhere in-game that the dispenser has a limited lifespan. XD
Gem dispenser => great but hell expansive! ;)
4. I don't see this offer nor the item itself on people's bakeries (like how people on Android say they can't) on iOS version 1.7.5 but it is there once I updated to the faulty 1.7.6. If I buy it using 1.7.6 and then downgrade to 1.7.5, will it still work or not?
Once again, no love for Android users!
From a business standpoint releasing this over the weekend wasn't smart. It says the 50% sale ends tomorrow, yet they hardly gave any info on the dispenser. All of these questions need to be answered! Especially because of how EXPENSIVE it is. I would consider buying it but I need a 30% gem sale or no deal. The offer should be extended past Sunday so people actually have the time to purchase gems.
Hi, I bought the Gem Dispenser the other day. Yes you do have to tap on the machine every 12 hours to get the gem, but then it instantly starts the 12 hour time period again. I've already gotten 3 gems, figure it will pay for itself in 3 1/2 months and keep on giving me 2 gems daily. Figured I'd take a chance and so far I'm happy with my purchase.
Got mine yesterday morning and collected my 2nd gem this morning. Then collected 2 other gems from watching videos. I hope that offer continues for a while!
1. It should be forever like the dragons in DS and the show ponies in FS2.
2. It holds a gem until you collect it. Then the timer counts down.
3. I don't think gem will expire. My other games didn't. They just stay there till I collect.
4. Best for s8 to answer but by then the sale may have ended. IMHO, it may not work in 1.7.5 since the dispenser is released in 1.7.6. I can't find 1.7.5 in App Store.
But I do not have the most current version of Bakery. The reviews of this current version are so horrible (so many bugs!) that I'm not going to download it. I don't care about the gem dispenser. Because:
1. We can't get important questions answered, because the sale price expires on Sunday and no one who works at S8 on the weekend (if any of them do) interacts with these forums. I'm certainly NOT going to buy the item at the NON-sale price.
2. It's too much of a commitment. How do I know I will want or be able to play this game 3-1/2+ months from now? I'm at Level 99. I have LOTS of recipes yet to conquer. I have lots and lots and LOTS of food, so I don't need to cook a lot (if at all). I have even less incentive to buy such an item in Restaurant, if it were offered. For what do I need a lot of gems? My Restaurant is nearly expanded to the max, and I have so much stuff in inventory. I don't like my Restaurant to look cluttered. Every so often I'll remodel. But what I'd really like is a Second Story, or a Basement. This is the perfect solution, it seems to me, for those of us who are expanded to the max. You'd have a brand new floor to gradually expand, and more space for all your stuff. I can't believe they can't figure out how to program this.
I'd also like to see an indefinite amount of Levels. Why make it impossible to get to Level 100? If you progressed at the same progression you experienced to get to Level 99 ABOVE Level 99, why, some of us would be at least to Level 130 or something. Why cap it at all?
(BTW, that 3-1/2 month time frame for recouping your investment only holds true if you are religious about collecting every 12 hours. For those non-robots among us, reality is that sometimes it will be almost exactly 12 hours after countdown that you collect, but much more often that 12 hour countdown will happen and the gem will sit there for an indefinite period of time until you wake up, finish your class, get off the freeway, or after whatever else it is you're doing IRL.)
I wish they had it for fashion story.
I haven't had the pop-up yet is the Gem Dispencer open for everyone to buy or is it only for ios users to purchase?
ETA: Funny how this thread became a sticky post but no one from the team bothered answering questions. :rolleyes:
Does anyone know yet if you go past 24 hours in collecting it does it, for better lack of a word, spoil and not reset automatically?
Question 3: gems will not expire. It will stay on top of the gems dispenser until you collect it. If you collect the gem 48 hours later. You can only collect 1 gem not 4 gems. So I think this gem dispenser don't real helpful.
My gem was meant to be collected at my local time (midnight for me) last night but of course I was sleeping so I didn't collect it. 7 hours laters, it was still there and not "spoiled". But that's only 7 hours. I'm not willing to risk testing for 24 hours because 1) that's possibly a wasted gem if it does spoil and 2) I want to maximise the use of gem dispenser and get all my gems back ASAP!
I have 40 gems so far!! when is it BF? I hope to have over 100 saved up by then unless I give in and buy some
Black Friday is on the 27th November this year. 2 days before my birthday ,so I hope there's lots of nice presents from storm8. :)
On a side note, I'm glad the gem dispenser has no gem trap that speeds up the collection time. Unlike FS2, it's 50 gems if I accidentally speed up my show pony and I have 3. I tip toe around them lol.
:mad: i bought 2 days ago the gem dispencer in both Bakery and Restaurant..in Restaurant everything is fine,but in Bakery, although my 225 gems are STILL MISSING from that purchase, gem dispencer is MISSING TOO!!!:mad: it's not where i put it & it's not stored anywhere! yesterday i collect from it my 2 gems and today it doesn't exist!! :mad::mad: i want to know if anyone else had any same problem :confused:
Also i found out that in my android phone gem dispenser doesn't exist not even in Restaurant,so i have to collect gems only from iphone :(
i'm guessing incompatibility between 2 softwares,but still doesn't explain the loss in iphone :(
The gem dispenser is iOS only. You can't buy it on iOS and then use it on android as it won't be there. It's not invisible, it's just not there. There has been a few warnings about this. The only thing you can do is to use your iPhone to collect the gems every 12 hours.
I saw a similar problem with Farm Story 2 where I bought a gem item in Android and placed it on what I thought was a blank space when in fact the space was holding an iOS only decoration. The game took my gems, and then freezed up, then reloaded/refreshed and the gem item disappeared! My gem count was still lower, and the decoration was not in my storage. The game just didn't know what to do.
S8 have also started sending out useless annoying app announcements on FS, DS, RS & BS reminding players to come back and play, which is kind of sad. In fact it could backfire in causing some players to get annoyed at the fake announcements, such that they might just altogether switch off announcements, or even delete the old game altogether.
If they don't make these games more fun to play, then it doesn't matter if you earn one or two gems a day. It's not worth the trouble. I bought the dispenser in RS (two since I had that much saved) and BS during their sale, but only just collected it now because I had no reason to login to the games. In fact I'm not even sure it collected properly since I didn't notice my gem count go up. Maybe it glitched since I waited too long. I noticed that on Farm Story 2 if you let a train delivery package uncollected for several days when you collected it the gem wouldn't be collected. Might be a security feature on gem giving actions to prevent abuse of the system.
If you only log in once about every 24 hours, would you have 2 gems ready to collect? Because remembering to log in exactly every 12 hours is another nuisance from this game that I do not need, but if I didn't log on for three days for instance and my gems were building up on their own, then I wouldn't worry about missing out and might actually consider buying this in both games on all accounts. These games already feel like you need to "babysit" them all day, especially CS with the absurdly ridiculous 40 energy cap, where it should be at least 60, or even 100 past level 25, the main reason why I'm feeling very very tempted to delete it recently off all my devices.
I only buy decor on Android, log out and then log back in on iOS to decorate. Much easier to decorate on iOS.