Conversation Between briguynv and jovenal

6 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks for the info. As for downgrading, I wouldn't have a clue how to do that... I just connect and update thru itunes... I don't have any 'copies' of anything and I've never seen a 'downgrade' option lol. Guess I'll just have to suffer with the slowness and lags. I am actually thinking of quitting tipping... it literally takes me 4-5 hours between all 4 games, mostly cuz of my touch. But even without the touch slowness, it still takes a LOT of time... so I'm gonna probably quit tipping soon, and just gift daily to the neighbors who don't delete me after I explain. As long as I am not going to a bunch of diff people's places, my touch lasts longer before lagging... it's all the movement, switching screens, tipping, etc that causes it to crash the most. If I stay in my own place, just gifting and cooking, even decorating, it lasts a LOT longer. So I'll probably do that pretty soon.
    Thanks again for the help though!! I appreciate it
  2. The problem with iPod Touch 2g is that it doesn't have enough processing power to run the OS and these games efficiently. That's the reason for the lag and crashes. Some of the players here thinks the problems lies on TL programming but in fact it's the hardware limitations and operating system. The latest update of iOS (4.3.5) can't load on your iPod Touch because it requires a more to run. This is also true for iPhone 3G.

I have the original iPhone, iPhone 3GS and iPhone4 and they are all use to play TL games. Of course the 3GS and 4 are fast but the original is a bit slow but it can still play TL games. The processing power and memory of iPhone/iPod Touch 1g and iPhone3G/iPod Touch 2g are identical the only difference is the software that run in them. iPhone/iPod Touch 1g max at iOS 3.1.3 and iPhone3G/iPod Touch 2g max at 4.2.1. I suggest, if you still have a copy, is to downgrade to iOS 3.1.3 to gain some of that processing power. You can try that and see.
  3. Yeah, actually I saw you said that in the post too, about the Spotlight search, so I already unchecked all those boxes a few days ago... hasn't improved anything that I can tell yet lol...

But yeah, I got confused, lol I thought you said in the post that the cold reboot was NOT the holding both buttons... that's why I asked. And yeah, that's what I've been doing a lot lately, sadly. Before this past badge update, I could go thru and like tip 20-30 neighbors before I had to reboot... now I am lucky to tip 6-7 before it starts lagging so bad or shuts down completely. Wish I could afford a new itouch or something else even lol, and I could transfer my games. Luckily I also play on my iphone4 and that plays awesome!

Thanks for the help!!
  4. The boot up process takes a little bit longer than normal. Depending on how much need to be optimized, the Apple logo would be on the screen for about 4 to 5 minutes before bring you to the home screen. Btw, you have to do a cold boot when you notice a significant lag again.

With every additional features added to these games, the older devices seems to perform worse. I hope with the Spotlight search turned off along with rebuilding the iOS, your iPod Touch would perform better.

Let me know if it helps and good luck!
  5. Hi briguynv.. sure I explain the cold boot process but it sound like you are already doing this every 20-30 minutes. The bigger and longer term boost to your iPod Touch would be to turn off Spotlight search indexing. From Settings/ General/ Home Button/ Spotlight search, turn search indexing off for as many items as possible. I suggest to turn them all off. This reduces the overall workload of the system, so it appears to give an overall performance boost.

Cold boot or to force the iOS to rebuild (a step that seems to optimize a variety of things), you have to press and hold the Sleep/Wake button along with the Home button for about ten seconds, which will **** the phone and initiate a reboot. Hold those buttons until you see the Apple logo comes up.
  6. Jovenal... you posted something about performing a "cold reboot" of a Touch 2nd Gen... but said that is NOT holding both buttons...

Can you please tell me what you mean, and how you DO do a cold reboot?

Mine was slow before, but now with the badges added, it's much, much worse! I am holding both buttons and rebooting every 20-30 mins now, because it lags so bad since the badges were added. I have almost NO apps and NO music... only using about 2GB of the 6.8 avail... most of that 2GB is the two Story games I play... there are only a few other small apps on my touch... so IDK what else to do. I guess it's just too old & slow to play these, but I don't have anywhere to move them to, so I'm stuck with it for now.

Thanks for any help or info!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6