PDA

View Full Version : Long Time Player, Soooo Disappointed

amerirish
07-17-17, 10:08 PM
So I've been a really, really active player for about 5 years and am almost ready to give this game up (other S8 games too, btw).

This current LB event is shockingly disappointing. The requirements for completing events are getting to be so demanding that even 'addict' players like myself cannot possibly fulfill the requirements without spending gold.

Our farming options have stayed put in the past while the demand for crops have expanded by vast amounts. As well as trying our best to level dragons up to 15.

The LB and WE events are presenting challenges on top of requirements that are just not fair. Why should I be forced to level up an event dragon as a standard to complete an event (like Galleon)? Food is such a hot topic issue for most players (second to land, of course).

Boosts and special event deco are offered for a price, which I understand but they should only aid players who are vying for the Grand Prize. Players who are only interested in completing the Milestones should not have to be obligated to spend so much Gold/Money in order to simply finish the event.

This game is advertised in the App Store (or other variation on other platforms) as free to play with in app purchase options. That should mean that you can choose to spend real money for voluntary advantages - not that you have to give money in order to take full advantage of the features.

Doesn't S8 realize that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar? I am so very, very sad with the direction this game has taken. Really, I'm almost done altogether.

I have over 80 eggs in storage that I can't hatch because I don't have room.

I'm dangerously close to running out of land space.

I try my best to build up a storage of food but get wiped out by the constant events and their unfair requirements.

During events, I have the conflict of trying to breed a dragon I already have or trying to breed a Limited Time dragon that is in the Market at the same time as the event.

I simply cannot believe that the developers actually play this game....and if they do, then they must figure that players have tons of money to spend on Gold in order to successfully accomplish even the simplest of tasks.

I would never recommend a new player to download this app which makes me very sad :(

Wealtuba
07-17-17, 10:19 PM
I agree! I am also thinking of deleting the game. You can't get anywhere without spending gold.

CuddlePuddlev2
07-17-17, 11:22 PM
i deleted it a few wks ago, for a few reasons, but all of your points were certainly part of it and I don't regret leaving...not even a little bit. Still play FF, which i love and has not taken the unfortunate turns that DS has.

jjblueyes
07-17-17, 11:46 PM
I'm so sad. I'm right there. It's hard when you've dedicated so much time, love and cold hard cash to something to watch it slowly fall apart. This awesome, fun and exciting game is being ruined. All the little fun perks have all disappeared. I don't have to run down the list, if you've been here awhile you know what we've lost. Add the greed and insanity of non stop, over lapping and increasingly impossible tasks. I just realized today that I can't even remember when the last spin to win dragon wheel was. I didn't do the last tournament. I've missed less then 3 in 5 years and 2 have been in the last few months. I was losing in round 4 over and over again. Days of losing to some baby dragon and I just snapped. If I can't play the tournaments without spending gold in the first few rounds when I have over 700 dragons there is a problem. Please believe the problem is in the game now.
You've got a ton of long time players quitting, close to quitting and practically begging for some rational and reasonable events again, and at the least some land to place the dragons we've already purchased and earned. Feels like no one listens, no one cares.
I'm sad and with you dear. I hear you, even if the people in charge don't.
Jen

pernmagic
07-18-17, 12:30 AM
I'm in the same situation as you, been playing almost as long but struggling with big loss of interest and not bothering to complete LB or tales anymore ...... not enough food available to raise even my fighter dragons, really used to look forwards to playing and spending some gold , had fun trying to breed special dragons and feed them but now it's overload of everything instead of having space to look forward to next event ......all I do now is collect food, send gold to friends for now .....a shame because I miss the anticipation of playing with goals in mind because we are constantly bombarded with more more more so it's lost its "magic" to play .......

nicsdragonisle
07-18-17, 06:11 AM
Sad here too. I'll add the frustration of crashing every 90 seconds to the list as well. I've gone from daily visits to every nbr to 'trying' perhaps weekly.

"...Players who are only interested in completing the Milestones should not have to be obligated to spend so much Gold/Money in order to simply finish the event." Well said. I really don't mind buying & spending gold to give myself a bump or skip a task in Tales, etc. It was MUCH easier for me to do that when 1) it wasn't required to finish an event; 2) we'd receive gold as prizes for tourney rounds and Tales chapters (At least I think I remember getting gold as chapter prizes??) and 3) GPDs were offered on sale. I actually spent more gold before the changes over the past year or so.
I didn't even bother trying to finish recent WE or the last DT (LBs are ridiculous-- current leaders are 20K) for the first time ever.
I question my sanity at times for continuing to hope the game will return to the fun it used to be for all of us.

FieldsLikeB
07-18-17, 08:42 AM
I'm to the point where I'm actually shopping other apps. Nothing is or can be DS.

However I'm a senior and I'm on a limited budget. I tried to spend my monthly budgeted amount of gold and a glitch never got me my gold. This LB was impossible just like the last one and that WE was also ruined. I could have been fine in the LB if it had been normal now retro game playing.

I love this game I have over 500 unique dragons that I love, they all have names and I love visiting them remembering when and how each one came along.

Yes it's frustrating and sad and it's impossible.

They kept me Cid of that nostalgia and because they're running polls that obviously mean nothing. No one is listening.

I don't want to leave DS, I just want my game back.

njbhugjjgnj
07-18-17, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately this thread will go on deaf ears or blindly ignored. They just don't care,we all know it. S8 game's have went downhill since they took over Team lava. Money,money, money is all they care about and with new player's downloading their game's on a daily basis without knowing about the forums will give it to them willing,just sad and pathetic :\ I'm also about ready to delete all their games :(

orson92
07-18-17, 09:22 AM
Couldn't agree more with what everyone is saying..when I started this game close to 5 yrs ago..I said its a free game why should I have to spend money? Well that didn't work out and I don't even want to consider how much I have spent....more than I ever intended though, for sure.
Inagree that this game has become too unreasonable in its demands and we get nothing back in return..I am so bored, burned out and fed up with this game, not sure why I am still on it..must be my great neighbours..although with some, have developed other ways of communicating.
Come on S8 hear what we have to say and change things for the better or you will find yourself in more trouble than you are already in.

JustKay
07-18-17, 09:31 AM
i deleted it a few wks ago, for a few reasons, but all of your points were certainly part of it and I don't regret leaving...not even a little bit. Still play FF, which i love and has not taken the unfortunate turns that DS has.

It's possible that this is their ultimate goal; get players to migrate from DS to FFS. DS is pretty much bursting at the seams and is an old game now with lots of players with bells and whistles accounts with lots of GPDs. Meanwhile FFS is fertile ground that is by design less generous than DS was in it's hey day. S8 would make more money if everyone moved over and abandoned DS.

We long time players are no longer S8's best customers, we've finished most goals and gotten most dragons. We probably spend less than the average player now.

[S8] Elsa
07-18-17, 10:13 AM
Please continue the discussion on existing threads for these topics if you have feedback to share about the game.

We're sorry to lose you as part of our vibrant gaming community. If you're saying goodbye to the game and you are updating your friends, we recommend personal private messages instead of a public thread.