PDA

View Full Version : Player Demographics Survey

GreytMom
07-16-17, 10:27 PM
Recently I had a pop-up survey that was about FFS event types, but it also asked for basic information like age, gender, & location. Is there anywhere that the basic info is tallied & published? We kind of know about the people that post in this forum, but I'd be curious to know the general demographics of all FFS players.

Phoenix406
07-17-17, 10:14 AM
I agree. This would be interesting information.

[S8] Elsa
07-17-17, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry, this information is internal only. I'll forward your interest in the results to our team. :)

GreytMom
07-18-17, 08:39 AM
Elsa;1435810']I'm sorry, this information is internal only. I'll forward your interest in the results to our team. :)

Thanks! I kinda figured as much, but it never hurts to ask.

JustKay
07-18-17, 09:23 AM
I would hazard the people in this forum are a small minority of all the player base. For starters this is an english only forum and I know plenty of islands I've visited have all kinds of weird languages on their walls. I think this game is popular in a lot of populous Asian nations, given some of the themes they have chosen in the past

Silverrain1
07-18-17, 11:23 AM
I know we would only see for who came to the forum, but could we not set up a thread and we could put our age, gender and location or something like that? Then that way, only people who were happy to post the information could do it and u could choose what info you wanted to share.

Phoenix406
07-18-17, 11:56 AM
The thing that strikes me most about this forum is how intelligent everyone is. I mean the posts are very well-written and thought out. It is not children on this forum. Also, there are a number of people in the forum whose first language isn't English, so even thought this forum is in English, it does attract players from other countries.

JustKay
07-18-17, 10:41 PM
Then there are the lurkers. I frequented this forum for years before I mustered up the courage to post. I didn't feel knowledgeable enough about the game early on. Back when the forum was really really active there were some really really smart people on here

GreytMom
07-19-17, 09:27 AM
The thing that strikes me most about this forum is how intelligent everyone is. I mean the posts are very well-written and thought out. It is not children on this forum. Also, there are a number of people in the forum whose first language isn't English, so even thought this forum is in English, it does attract players from other countries.

Yes, I've noticed that , too, which is why I prefer this forum over others. Definitely not a bunch of kids. In fact, probably a decent percentage *have* kids.
And I agree, this forum is certainly just a teeny tiny group of players, and certainly not a good reflection of everyone.

AppieP
07-19-17, 10:21 AM
We all are curious about basic info of everyone. Well lets say some of us will announce his/her info, I'm betting a lot of us will follow as well. You can put some info on your profile or another suggestion on your signature.
I could be the first....... let me knows:o;)

[S8] Elsa
07-19-17, 10:41 AM
I know we would only see for who came to the forum, but could we not set up a thread and we could put our age, gender and location or something like that? Then that way, only people who were happy to post the information could do it and u could choose what info you wanted to share.

For security reasons, I don't recommend sharing your location.

GreytMom
07-19-17, 10:44 AM
Elsa;1436457']For security reasons, I don't recommend sharing your location.

Or your real name!

Eluzyion
07-19-17, 10:48 AM
Eluzyion

Age: old enough to know better but young enough not to care ;)

Location: wherever I am at the moment and hopefully will be here tomorrow! The edge of insanity is very close lol

Silverrain1
07-19-17, 10:53 AM
Elsa;1436457']For security reasons, I don't recommend sharing your location.

Not exact location lol. Like what country you are in.
I would not encourage people to say anything to personal of course but a first name age (not date of birth) and a country I think would b ok.

GreytMom
07-19-17, 10:56 AM
I started a new thread.