PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

judafarm
07-19-17, 12:02 PM
How can I finished this goal???
I need for update the temple to level 7 15 onyx cristals..
The onyx pearl gives 1 in 4 hours!!!
15 = 15 x 4 hours!!!
Now its 9:00 a clock in the evening by me..
Over 3 hours its midnight.. then I need to sleep..
So..it means by this goal that we can't sleep??
We need to play all the night?
This is not to do in one day...
I have no idea how to play this... :( :(

scavaig
07-19-17, 12:20 PM
To all people who are playing:

Do not give up only because it seems inpossible to be able to finish.

Hang in and go for it.......
For me, the time to complain is after i found out i DID not make it

FazerJan

I really really admire your positive attitude - good for you.

But I don't want to waste time on an event where finishing depends on praying for lucky drops (or spending money.) Everybody should be able to finish events by putting in a reasonable amount of effort - not only be able to finish an event if we are lucky with random drops or have spare cash.

emnatja
07-19-17, 12:28 PM
Really disgusted with the drops. Debating whether to stick with it or not. :(

ShibuyaCloth
07-19-17, 12:31 PM
Keep on. I just got my first Crystal, so I am nearly 12 hours behind on chapter 7.

But I must concede, I have no clue if we can finish, the bottleneck is Onyx Crystals by a a fair margin. With 1 pearl you need 11 days to finish chapter 7 to 10. Unless the drop rate increases!

PurpleScorpion76
07-19-17, 12:34 PM
15 = 15 x 4 hours!!!

None of us do unless we spend gems, which most of us won't do or don't do anyway. Based on how my game produces on this event my building will upgrade to 6 only and this will be my final chapter, chapter 6. I'm not collecting any more scorched petals from that 10 min plant there's no need as I don't need them for the upgrade. The only thing I need are the onyx petals. I'm a purple freak too and would have loved a purple dragon, I'll also start aiming for the boar too. Something is better than nothing.

katbtodd
07-19-17, 01:01 PM
Please please S/8 do the math ,,this is not working. Please give us better drops or more time...

katbtodd
07-19-17, 01:06 PM
This will probably get deleted but I'm frustrated & I'm aggravated & I'm feeling ultra cranky cuz I'm a purple phreak who wants more purple stuff & NOW? ...Well, more than just my bush is feeling scorched, lol...

S8 ~ DO *SOMETHING*
ABOUT THE
ONYX PETALS & ONYX CRYSTALS!!!

...or should I use my cellar full of useless scorched wings to build a contraption to fly to Cali, grab S8 by the purple balls & squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze TIGHT?!?! LOL

*Veruca Salt voice* - I want the PURPLE DRAGONNNNN!!!!!!!

This event is just ridiculous with its impossible requirements & YES, I am quickly approaching temper tantrum mode.
Actually.... I think I've reached it, lol.
*zipping wallet*

My wallet is zipped too it's the principle of thing ..they should not try to force us to spend money,,

AnisWa
07-19-17, 01:07 PM
Please bottle your luck and I'll buy it :)

Just started on chapter 6, my knights are lazy, all they ever bring is trees and wings and they've been going non-stop... the one and only daliah gives one measly petal every second or third collection...

My knights and your's must be visiting the taverns. We could serve them the Wings and still have plenty of leftovers for the hopeless chapters. When it comes to luck, I have very little. I did, however, get a dahlia. I have no idea where it came from. I'm still trying to stay positive in continuing the quest until it's senseless. Then, I'll stop. Yesterday, I spent the whole day making the beams and blocks. Now, I'll make pasta and put out taverns. When there's only 1 Crystalized pearl, that has even a longer timer than the dahlias and it only drops 1 onyx crystal...it's like we are hypnotized waiting to see what drop is showing up....it really insane!

sued62
07-19-17, 01:08 PM
At the current rate it'll only take 60hrs to upgrade!! And then the same again - something's not quite right!!

lydiahin
07-19-17, 01:13 PM
It's very frustrating... how can anyone finish without spending lots of gems???? And what's going on with the "lucky" drops: lucky magic, lucky clover, all to be traded in the lucky workshop????? i don't have a lucky workshop and it's not available in the menu, is that another event coming up?

storiadelcastello
07-19-17, 01:23 PM
I'm bummed out that the drops from the adventure are so lame. It keeps giving me rose petals and a tree, neither of which are helpful in the least. Decided I'm only adventuring when it's required, I'll save the pelts to make more boars. My temple on the other hand seems to be making up the difference with it's frequent drops of dahlias and rose bushes.

My temple only gives glimmerbulbs which I'm already maxed on. My Dahlia has given up on giving me petals. I've never been behind on a chapter before. Can't get enough petals to move forward. What a stupid requirement that makes you have to play every ten minutes for a minimum of three hours 20 minutes and that's only if you get a petal every time. Not enjoying this event at all, probably won't do another chapter event.

Oops not the dahlia the rose bush. I still need scorched petals, but I did get my first collection from he Dahlia bush and got a petal. 7 more to go and only five hours until midnight. Won't finish the chapter today.

Meowmeowbeans
07-19-17, 01:45 PM
The Scorched Dahlia is also a possible reward from the Adventure. If you've completed the Adventure, you may want to check your Inventory to see if you've received more Scorched Dahlias. :)

dingaling1977
07-19-17, 02:04 PM
The Scorched Dahlia is also a possible reward from the Adventure. If you've completed the Adventure, you may want to check your Inventory to see if you've received more Scorched Dahlias. :)

I have completed dozens of adventures. All trees. No dahlias in my inventory:(

meme1098
07-19-17, 02:05 PM
Keep on. I just got my first Crystal, so I am nearly 12 hours behind on chapter 7.

But I must concede, I have no clue if we can finish, the bottleneck is Onyx Crystals by a a fair margin. With 1 pearl you need 11 days to finish chapter 7 to 10. Unless the drop rate increases!

Have you guys done the math? See shibuyacloth's post I quoted. 11 days to finish from Chapter 7-10???. You need to adjust either the timer on the pearls, increase the drops, or better yet adjust both.
And, yes, the dahlia drops from the adventure but how rare???

GarnetJ
07-19-17, 02:12 PM

My collection from both the adventure and the scorched dahlia just now was Scorched Wings. So even if I did miraculously get another dahlia, that doesn't help with the Onxy Petal drops. If nothing else, can the frequency of the Scorched Wing drops be reduced - or just removed from the dahlias altogether? I think at this point everyone has more than enough of the wings.

Based on the trees that I've collected, I've done close to 40 adventures. Besides the trees, the most common drop for me have been items that I don't need, namely the Scorched Wings and Scorched Petals. I keep sending out the adventures in hopes of getting something useful - and will continue to do so - but it would be an easy adjustment to just change the mix of items that are rewarded from the adventures. Give us a fighting chance at least.

Random drops within a tightly timed event is a frustrating combination, unless you are willing to extend the event another week.

AnnirasSweets
07-19-17, 02:29 PM
My temple only gives glimmerbulbs which I'm already maxed on. My Dahlia has given up on giving me petals. I've never been behind on a chapter before. Can't get enough petals to move forward. What a stupid requirement that makes you have to play every ten minutes for a minimum of three hours 20 minutes and that's only if you get a petal every time. Not enjoying this event at all, probably won't do another chapter event.

In a strange turn of events, my temple is now only giving regular drops like crystallized wood and petals but since the introduction of the onyx pearl the adventures have been more fruitful for me and have dropped several pearls.

maryamhjm
07-19-17, 02:45 PM
Please bottle your luck and I'll buy it :)

Just started on chapter 6, my knights are lazy, all they ever bring is trees and wings and they've been going non-stop... the one and only daliah gives one measly petal every second or third collection...

Same here, really irritated by it. I am playing almost constantly and even than I am still stuck in level 6, because I can't upgrade still only 8 onyx petals. Also I have 1 onyx boar and it gives only 2 energy(basicly just one as it costs 1 to click on it)

ShibuyaCloth
07-19-17, 03:07 PM
Lucky day, I just got a pearl from an adventure, 2 hours before I got a rose. Yesterday I got a dahlia. Now I don't care about the rose as I am maxed on petals, Dahlia is a boost but not critical, but the pearl might make the day. Need one more so I have a chance to finish within the time limit without sleeping more then 3:59 hours in a row for the next 4 days.

jessiefromshimerville
07-19-17, 03:20 PM
Very glitchy game. The pop up advertisements are causing me to loose valuable resources. Example...My dahlia dropped 3 petals, the advertisement pops up, the game flickers and i loose my petals. it wasn't a reset because the dahlia could not be tended. Had to wait 2 hours to not get a petal. Wait 2 more hours and get just 1 petal. Go ahead and laugh S8, you build a frustrating game some one might as well enjoy it cause it is not me.

29vanilla
07-19-17, 03:35 PM
...and what the heck!!!! Fang beasts barely Spawn at all during Monster Hunts. We now have a 500% increase in spawn rate for fang beasts. Gggggrrrr!!!!!!!

meme1098
07-19-17, 03:35 PM
Very glitchy for sure:

On this goal:

Started the craft in the potion shop but game reloaded & now the nectar is locked!!!

Have force closed 4 times with no luck. S8 you're gonna owe me some time on this one!!!

PM'd a few people but gonna post in Bugs, too

katbtodd
07-19-17, 03:49 PM

Only getting trees here too

caron7
07-19-17, 03:49 PM
I have completed dozens of adventures. All trees. No dahlias in my inventory:(

true for me too. cannot upgrade level 6 without more dahlia onyx petals. checking inventory constantly, just in case. overloaded with trees which i can readily purchase. adventuring and collecting every 2 hours. setting timers and waking up through the night, but this is not looking possible.

HuckleTown
07-19-17, 03:53 PM
I am now 40 hours in to chapter 4. I have been able to collect from the Dahlia every 2 hours (missed 1), the slab (temple) each time and my boar when ready. I've sent out multiple adventures. I still need 2 petals.

I've checked my inventory, no extra dahlias.

Wow, just WOW.

rembetiko
07-19-17, 04:18 PM
I just realized that I won't be able to finish this event in time. 2 hours collection time for dahlias is just ridiculous. Why not 10 minutes?
Some people do have a live outside castle story ... game developers should take into account what type of customers they have.

storiadelcastello
07-19-17, 04:33 PM
Am I reading this wrong, it says I will need 15 onyx petals to upgrade to the next level but get 1 petal every two hours. That's 30 hours to get the 15 and the next level needs more. This is impossible to do

mientoentje
07-19-17, 04:39 PM
Well look at that. Just when I thought about stopping, I get a scorched dahlia from the temple. And some onyx petals, allowing me to complete chapter 4. I am now 1.5 day behind. Let's hope the adventures will be good to me with the pearls.

Stymie52
07-19-17, 05:05 PM
This is crazy. I am at the last goal of Chapter 10. I need 6 more onyx crystals to make the second onyx emblem. I just got an ONYX PEARL as a drop from the adventure. As usual, my timing is off. Too bad I didn't get this earlier. Maybe S8 is taking pity on us, as it seems that more people are getting the Onyx Pearl as a drop from the adventure. Good luck to all as you try to finish.

ktorewqas
07-19-17, 05:18 PM
This is crazy. I am at the last goal of Chapter 10. I need 6 more onyx crystals to make the second onyx emblem. I just got an ONYX PEARL as a drop from the adventure. As usual, my timing is off. Too bad I didn't get this earlier. Maybe S8 is taking pity on us, as it seems that more people are getting the Onyx Pearl as a drop from the adventure. Good luck to all as you try to finish.
i just got one too. It's not in the box. It just was a drop with a scotched wing lol I'm half day late with two onyx pearls. I still don't see how I can collect 70 crystals (currently 0) within 3 days and 2 hrs :confused: need more luck on the adventures

jaymieb2
07-19-17, 05:21 PM
Chapter Five, Goal Five - another collection with no scorched dahlia petals... from the dahlia, I received scorched fairy wings. From the adventure, I received two scorched rose petals. TWO! Grrr... started the day with seven scorched dahlia petals, and am now up to thirteen at 7pm. Hoping to complete chapter five tonight, if I could get the petals.

Crafted my first boar yesterday, and I now have another 37 scorched boar pelts. Am about to craft my second boar, but I cannot advance in the storybook because of those blasted petals! SIGH.

My new goal is to craft a boar each day. Dreaming of a herd of ten... because there is no way I can complete the storybook.

***Update
11:58pm, finally received my 15th Onyx petal(what I mistakenly called scorched dahlia petal). Blew through most of chapter six... until the last goal to upgrade the temple. It takes 20 Onyx petals. Based on previous collection rates, that is going to take two full days.

SIGH

No way to finish without gemming. Collecting pelts for my third boar. Going for a herd.

ktorewqas
07-19-17, 05:21 PM
Very glitchy for sure:

On this goal:

Started the craft in the potion shop but game reloaded & now the nectar is locked!!!

Have force closed 4 times with no luck. S8 you're gonna owe me some time on this one!!!

PM'd a few people but gonna post in Bugs, too

Hope it will be fixed soon for you !

ladlasse
07-19-17, 05:31 PM
I have a lot going on in real life with work demand, but I decided to just keep plodding along, doing what I can when I can. I can't collect every two hours so I know I've missed out on petals, but I just moved to chapter 6 an hour ago (I started a day late), but normally chapter 6 should have started this morning. If S8 isn't going to increase the drop rate for the rare items, then maybe this needs to be a 15 day event. Just to give us all a chance to finish.

But don't give up, sometimes it seems impossible, but it isn't.

tartarosfalling
07-19-17, 05:35 PM
Have any of the Storm8 staff ever clarified anything about that first post? The explicitly say that the scorched petals and the stuff specific to this event will continue to drop after the event is over. Why? Normally flowers and other things that we get during specialty events stop dropping the stuff specific to the event once the event has passed

belley8
07-19-17, 06:05 PM
Stuck on chapter 6 goal 5. The goal will not unlock have tried everything. Contacted customer support and their reply was "I checked the game after reviewing your information, but did not see any issues. Everything is working as intended.". I have made 3 crystallized beams but the goal for the crystallized block will not unlock. I guess they are trying to force me to use gems. Guess I will craft some onyx boars.

coolssp
07-19-17, 06:10 PM

SW I've completed over 30 adventures and all I have is wings and trees :(

CharmOfLea
07-19-17, 06:31 PM
I think it's safe to say, S8 is slowly establishing pay-to-play for events.

kattkrazie
07-19-17, 06:34 PM
Have any of the Storm8 staff ever clarified anything about that first post? The explicitly say that the scorched petals and the stuff specific to this event will continue to drop after the event is over. Why? Normally flowers and other things that we get during specialty events stop dropping the stuff specific to the event once the event has passed

I re-read post 1 and can't find what you're referring to but once I completed the quest, all of the drops stopped. The red bush drops red petals, the purple bush drops purple petals, the temple drops something I'm maxed on, and the pearl drops iron ore and coal. Chopping a crystallized tree drops only wood now. Also, the boars stopped spawning.

riverly
07-19-17, 06:50 PM
I think it's safe to say, S8 is slowly establishing pay-to-play for events.Where's the fun in that?

ratdogs4
07-19-17, 07:12 PM
I re-read post 1 and can't find what you're referring to but once I completed the quest, all of the drops stopped. The red bush drops red petals, the purple bush drops purple petals, the temple drops something I'm maxed on, and the pearl drops iron ore and coal. Chopping a crystallized tree drops only wood now. Also, the boars stopped spawning.

Do the boars still drop 2-3 energy every 4 hours? I'm focusing on those for the energy since the end goal seems impossible. How did you finish the quest, let alone early? May I ask how many gems you used? How much cash you spent? Thanks for the info on the after quest drops.

jaymieb2
07-19-17, 07:14 PM
Two more hours have gone by... one Onyx petal received from the dahlia, one crystallized wood from the adventure. These drops are so demoralizing. Bleah! :-(

Blanche_Lady
07-19-17, 07:16 PM
Just when we were ok again with S8 they do It again.
An impossible to achieve story! I'm refusing to spend a single gem in this.
Shame on you!

kattkrazie
07-19-17, 07:23 PM
Do the boars still drop 2-3 energy every 4 hours? I'm focusing on those for the energy since the end goal seems impossible. How did you finish the quest, let alone early? May I ask how many gems you used? How much cash you spent? Thanks for the info on the after quest drops.

Yes, the boar drops stay the same, I've even gotten 5 energies. I finished the quest my usual way, with gems. As for your other questions, I don't even share that much info with my husband. :rolleyes:

CharmOfLea
07-19-17, 07:33 PM
Where's the fun in that?

Don't know. I'm not paying. ;)

sunnybrook2
07-19-17, 07:33 PM
ONYX PEARL,,, 1 dropped from the Castle adventure. w 4 hour collection,, 1 Onyx Crystal per drop.

It's not possible to get from Level 6 to Level 7,,, this requires 15 Onyx Crystal

Even if you purchase 1 w gems (250) it's not possible.

? What to do ? I'm waiting for this to shake out w S8 but the clock is ticking
Hugs)) Piper

babysx1
07-19-17, 07:48 PM
The silence from S8 is deafening
Can't anybody there do simple maths?

Flowersandgems

I check mine often. I find the best way to do that, is to wait till have have collected from the dahlia, then pop it in storage.
When you go to your inventory you will be able to see how many you have there.

riverly
I hope I don't jinx myself, but I recommend to do as many adventures as possible. The drops have been very good for me. Getting pearls.

I feel like I just fell on my sword.

Hope this keeps up for myself, and this happens for other players.

I'm on goal 5 of chapter 7.

MichaelKors1
07-19-17, 08:22 PM
I wait hours and hours hoping for a onyx petal drop and all I get is garbage.

bozotc19
07-19-17, 08:36 PM
This game has become an incredible waste of time...I quit ....after 3 years. Used to be fun. This company is ****ing itself and quite frankly they deserve it!

lydiahin
07-19-17, 08:54 PM
This game has become an incredible waste of time...I quit ....after 3 years. Used to be fun. This company is ****ing itself and quite frankly they deserve it!
I agree. Greed is an ugly thing!

Ann255780
07-19-17, 09:12 PM
I no I won't finish I am almost 2 days behind :mad: At this point i just going for the boars and get to chapter 7 for the onyx pearl bc of drops.

calicokittennope
07-19-17, 09:52 PM
I got a purple flower from an adventure earlier. You know those pre-gifts you get when you click the building? Then there's the box with the ... excitement of what might it contain... oooo a tree, yeah?

The flower was in the pre-gifts.

AnnirasSweets
07-19-17, 11:07 PM
I hope I don't jinx myself, but I recommend to do as many adventures as possible. The drops have been very good for me. Getting pearls.

I feel like I just fell on my sword.

Hope this keeps up for myself, and this happens for other players.

I'm on goal 5 of chapter 7.

That's been true for me too. I've had several pearls drop from adventures which is great because I refuse to spend gems on items needed for drops. In my mind, if it's needed for the event they should be coin based or prizes not the gem prices they gave this time around.

SpiritWind00
07-19-17, 11:17 PM
I'm now 24 hours behind too, more really as I can't upgrade yet bc of onyx petals.... Posting for a much needed miracle! No extra scorched bushes yet for me either from adventures but I'll keep trying.

riverly
07-19-17, 11:19 PM
I feel like if a player wants to make a gem purchase, that purchase should be a guaranteed, known drop. Not random. IMO.
At least this would give an advantage to a player who wanted to invest gems. But, a purchase should not be required for a player to finish an event, especially someone who puts in the time and energy.
I am wondering how my last couple of chapters will end.
It would be horrible to miss it by 1 or 2 collections.

newzealander
07-19-17, 11:23 PM
I'm now 24 hours behind too, more really as I can't upgrade yet bc of onyx petals.... Posting for a much needed miracle! No extra scorched bushes yet for me either from adventures but I'll keep trying.
Like you, I am 24 hours behind. Onyx petals and soon onyx crystals are my barriers. Definitely only an event for gem spenders.

newzealander
07-19-17, 11:25 PM
ONYX PEARL,,, 1 dropped from the Castle adventure. w 4 hour collection,, 1 Onyx Crystal per drop.

It's not possible to get from Level 6 to Level 7,,, this requires 15 Onyx Crystal

Even if you purchase 1 w gems (250) it's not possible.

? What to do ? I'm waiting for this to shake out w S8 but the clock is ticking
Hugs)) Piper

You're right. Not possible. And who wants to spend 250 gems on something that is probably only useful for one event, and even then, is not a guaranteed drop?

idrispad
07-19-17, 11:37 PM
I upgraded my temple to L5 about 24 hours ago. I now have only 11/20 onyx petals for the upgrade to L6 despite collecting pretty much every 2 hours for 18 hours plus adventures.

I have about 32 trees in my inventory so I've done at least that many adventures (some trees at the start were placed not stored) and there has been no extra dahlias, very very few petals and nothing out of the ordinary drop from any of those adventures.

calicokittennope
07-19-17, 11:41 PM
I need 12 more of these crystals. Another four hours till I it is ready to go, but it will be closer to 6 hours till I get to click it.

Are the events test run in house, on accounts that are similar to average player accounts? If they did, I hope they post their strategy on how they managed to finish this without feeling aggravated.

edit to add: to go from 6 to 7 on my tower

Queenzod
07-19-17, 11:51 PM

Me, too, hon. I just upgraded to level six and got the pearl. So now it's a waiting game. Well, collecting and waiting. I'm not actually upset about this one. I haven't spent any gems and I'm not going to. It's fine. It's just a little bit of pixels, after all.

zoroak
07-19-17, 11:56 PM
For me, the adventure drops improved at Chapter 7 with scorched dahlias or onyx pearls as prizes sometimes (not boxed, so check inventory). The level 6 temple also had better drops from chapter 7.

kiryuuku123
07-20-17, 12:06 AM
Collecting from my scorched dahlias but half the time I'm not getting any petals :/ looks like another event I won't be able to finish

PurpleScorpion76
07-20-17, 12:10 AM
A scorched rose plant just dropped from the temple. Pmsl.

newzealander
07-20-17, 12:15 AM
Me, too, hon. I just upgraded to level six and got the pearl. So now it's a waiting game. Well, collecting and waiting. I'm not actually upset about this one. I haven't spent any gems and I'm not going to. It's fine. It's just a little bit of pixels, after all.

Thank you for the reality check 🙂 Made me smile!

FreddieTeddy
07-20-17, 12:59 AM
I'm struggling to see how this event is even possible without gem purchase? I'm still waiting for enough dahlia petals to upgrade to L5 which will take 30 hours to get all, so 2 days really as I sleep at night, lol. Surely you need more than one dahlia plant to succeed??

Any ideas on how to achieve without spending gems?

lilymonster4
07-20-17, 01:04 AM
This is the first chapter event I've been behind on ever... I wonder how I'm gonna get 15 onyx cristals in one day with a 4hour timer on the pearls :/ hopefully pearls will drop from adventures 😩

lilymonster4
07-20-17, 01:06 AM
I'm struggling to see how this event is even possible without gem purchase? I'm still waiting for enough dahlia petals to upgrade to L5 which will take 30 hours to get all, so 2 days really as I sleep at night, lol. Surely you need more than one dahlia plant to succeed??

Do as many adventures as possible, I heard dahlia plants drop from them sometimes. I got extra dahlia plants from my onyx temple so make sure to collect from yours and keep your fingers crossed 🤞

idrispad
07-20-17, 01:27 AM

Honestly, unless S8 produce a miracle solution I would say it is impossible.

You would have to be very lucky in order to get sufficient drops to make this possible with no gems.

FreddieTeddy
07-20-17, 01:53 AM
Do as many adventures as possible, I heard dahlia plants drop from them sometimes. I got extra dahlia plants from my onyx temple so make sure to collect from yours and keep your fingers crossed ��
Thanks, I am doing the adventures but do far have had trees and roses, oh well I'll keep trying!

FreddieTeddy
07-20-17, 01:54 AM
Honestly, unless S8 produce a miracle solution I would say it is impossible.

You would have to be very lucky in order to get sufficient drops to make this possible with no gems.

That's what I thought, I do use gems on the last day if I'm near completing but not with so many days worth for me to collect, it would be pointless.

katbtodd
07-20-17, 02:01 AM
Chapter Five, Goal Five - another collection with no scorched dahlia petals... from the dahlia, I received scorched fairy wings. From the adventure, I received two scorched rose petals. TWO! Grrr... started the day with seven scorched dahlia petals, and am now up to thirteen at 7pm. Hoping to complete chapter five tonight, if I could get the petals.

Crafted my first boar yesterday, and I now have another 37 scorched boar pelts. Am about to craft my second boar, but I cannot advance in the storybook because of those blasted petals! SIGH.

My new goal is to craft a boar each day. Dreaming of a herd of ten... because there is no way I can complete the storybook.

***Update
11:58pm, finally received my 15th Onyx petal(what I mistakenly called scorched dahlia petal). Blew through most of chapter six... until the last goal to upgrade the temple. It takes 20 Onyx petals. Based on previous collection rates, that is going to take two full days.

SIGH

No way to finish without gemming. Collecting pelts for my third boar. Going for a herd.

Just made my 6th boar

PurpleScorpion76
07-20-17, 02:11 AM
15 = 15 x 4 hours!!!

We all need sleep, I can't even wake up to my morning alarm at the moment (health issues) and so trying to wake in the middle of the night every 2 hours to collect from plants etc is a no chance for me. I'm just now collecting from temple, adventure and plant to get my temple to level 6. I'm waiting on the onyx petals and that's it. It took 2 days or so to collect 15, will likely take me 3 to get the 20 needed. I will see how I get on with this chapter, and work out timings, for how much time is left to how much it will take to get the next chapter then decide if it's worth doing the next chapter or just waiting for the event to finish. I don't need the stress these events can cause, (again health issues and self employed work can be too demanding at times for me to let it) so how, I don't know, but I'm like, well I'll do what I can and see how it pans out, I don't even think I'm disappointed which tells me a lot about how I feel about this game now.

rere123412345
07-20-17, 02:17 AM
Sooo looks like we need 70 onyx crystals - which come from the onyx pearl and has a 4hr timer? Dang. Hard to do with 2 days left. You would have to buy 3 250 gem pearls to pull that off. I did get one drop from an adventure - but it will be hard to upgrade. It was a fun event - new - but also includes things that may be worthless afterwards

RealGoblinKing
07-20-17, 02:31 AM

The adventure has the chance to drop scorched dahlias. Do you mind double checking your inventory to see if you have another one? I realized a bit belated that I had 2 sitting in inventory.

sweerfarmer
07-20-17, 03:00 AM
I am also one of those who didn't get any scorched dhalia from the adventure and temple, I always check my inventory in chance of getting any but only the tree, I m also behind, still waiting for petals to be 20 which I think won't be untill next two days, S8 always do this, drops should be for all players not for some lucky ones, did get two boars, I hope there drops will remain same after the event otherwise useless event so far.

moddie1
07-20-17, 03:18 AM
play this game for a few years and spend money on gems but i not wasting any more trying to finish the crystal realm its impossible to finish still need 12 onyx crystal just to finish lv 6 its a joke

caron7
07-20-17, 03:24 AM
The adventure has the chance to drop scorched dahlias. Do you mind double checking your inventory to see if you have another one? I realized a bit belated that I had 2 sitting in inventory.

we are checking inventory constantly. adventures bring trees, scorched red petals, scorched wings, and, very rarely, onyx petals. i am working with one scorched dahlia, checking it constantly. for the most part, it gives me scorched wings.

edit: more scorched wings. 23 wings, 7/20 onyx petals, 23 trees i've yet to chop, all in inventory.

CathyDucky
07-20-17, 03:26 AM
Yes, the boar drops stay the same, I've even gotten 5 energies. I finished the quest my usual way, with gems. As for your other questions, I don't even share that much info with my husband. :rolleyes:

Can we still craft the onyx boar in the workshop after the end of the 10-day quest. Thanks.

dragoniakingdom
07-20-17, 03:49 AM
we are checking inventory constantly. adventures bring trees, scorched red petals, scorched wings, and, very rarely, onyx petals. i am working with one scorched dahlia, checking it constantly. for the most part, it gives me scorched wings.

edit: more scorched wings. 23 wings, 7/20 onyx petals, 23 trees i've yet to chop, all in inventory.

Same here scorched wings again from my single dahlia. All I get from the Adventures are trees.

ktorewqas
07-20-17, 04:12 AM
I got two onyx pearls from adventures. Now I have 3 onyx pearl plus 4 onyx crystals with 3 days left. So each day I need to collect 22 crystals ...not much hope

GarnetJ
07-20-17, 04:29 AM

Yep, I'm checking inventory after every adventure and temple collection. I get scorched wings from most adventures, which are useless at this point. Currently up to 39 wings. Stuck on chapter 6, still need 10 more Onyx Petals. Can't even start the pearl collection, which is an even bigger hurdle.

Just because there is small chance of receiving a dahlia from adventures doesn't mean that this event is achievable without going through hoards of gems.

katbtodd
07-20-17, 04:35 AM
I been playing since the beginning , before the love shack , and this will be the first event I couldn't finish

Anaboe
07-20-17, 04:44 AM
I'm on day 5, I sent out 41 requests to neighbors, which I all checked have been active. My "news" log sais 13 have responded, still, the goal only counts 12, and I have 19 Onyx Blades in my inventory. This is ridiculous. And yes, I have force-closed and restarted.

Please, moderator, someone from Storm8, please help!

Edit: next reboot fixed it. But it has costed me precious hours...

Em_storm
07-20-17, 04:55 AM
It's like someone created a long term event and then decided to make it a storybook but forgot to adjust the times.

BufftonHeights
07-20-17, 05:02 AM

RGK - is there an official statement on needing 70 onyx crystal in 4 days when the pearl has a 4 hour drop, netting a maximum of 24 possible crystals to receive? I think some in the forum believe it was an inadvertent setting of the goal without realizing the impossibleness of it. It would be nice to know if that was in fact the case or if it was intentional. Thank you.

beefus
07-20-17, 05:18 AM
Final goal currently unattainable without gemming.

Storm8 1, Playing Customers 0

Well played Storm8... well played.

lennumber1
07-20-17, 05:25 AM
I still need12 onyx crystals to upgrade to level 7. That's 48 hours, then I need 15 onyx crystals for level 8 , that's 60 more hours . There's a chance the temple or adventures might drop those crystals , about a snowballs chance in you know where of that happening.

nateryd
07-20-17, 05:34 AM
Normally when something is NEEDED and it's a 2-4 hour timer. It's a guaranteed drop at least. Also it usually drops multiple of what we need. This is a bit ridiculous. I have to agree with what everyone is saying. Looking at the drops and timers. It's an impossible event without ALOT of gems. Please fix s8! We'll need multiple drops from collections if timers are going to stay the same. ..... Pretty please, we're pretty much begging you:)

maryamhjm
07-20-17, 05:44 AM
If everybody could finish these stories with time and effort S8 isn't making money, that's why lately most stories and events are impossible to finish and that is why the love shack is gone(and most gp dragons are discontinued in DS)and you can hardly earn any gems(or gold in DS), so I am very happy that I never spend a penny on these games. I am literally playing this the whole day to try and finish this but I am still on chapter 5 and still need 4 onyx petal to upgrade, let alone the rest of the chapters. It is a shame

maryamhjm
07-20-17, 05:50 AM
I would rather pay a one of amount of money like you can do with a full version pc minecraft of mini pocket minecraft on mobile, at least it is yours forever incl. updates. Of course free is better but not like this. If that would help to make it go back to how it used to be like with the love shack etc. Than I am all in.

sunnybrook2
07-20-17, 05:53 AM
You're right. Not possible. And who wants to spend 250 gems on something that is probably only useful for one event, and even then, is not a guaranteed drop?

POSTED 12 hours ago,,,NOT possible to LEVEL UP TO L7,,,ONYX PEARL 1 ( ONYX CRYSTAL 4,,,15 needed)

NO RESPONSE FROM S8,,, idk?? (I've checked everything??)

pandagurl11
07-20-17, 06:09 AM
I been playing since the beginning , before the love shack , and this will be the first event I couldn't finish

Same here. Started at the beginning, finished every event. I'm not getting any onyx petals. Not from ant adventure, or from the temple. Not even every time from the dahlia bush.

I spend money every so often at my wish, but to have to spend gems to finish is wrong.

No wonder I keep loosing neighbors.

100Anne
07-20-17, 06:14 AM
I'm on day 5 with only 3 days to go. Here is an indication of the drops from my single dahlia and the adventure:

34 collections from adventure and dahlia has provided:
34 crystallised trees
37 scorched wings
11 onyx petals
Plus some crystallised wood

Yes I have been checking my inventory for those miraculous drops of extra dahlias, but as yet I have not been blessed.

So using a bit of maths - there is an 11 in 68 chance of either the dahlia or the adventure dropping a single onyx petal every two hours. That roughly translates to 1 in 6. Let's put that in practical terms :
6:00 check adventure and dahlia - nothing
8:00 check adventure and dahlia - nothing
10:00 check adventure and dahlia - 1 petal - woohoo - now repeat this pattern 15 times just to get through chapter 5.

On the other hand, loving the boars.

EsmeW2
07-20-17, 06:18 AM
I know that lots of people are pretty annoyed at the moment, but given that many of us are not going to complete the event I wanted to think about the best outcome.

Does anyone have a picture of the temple at levels 7/8/9 at all? The level 5/6 temple is very pretty - and I'd like to see what the next steps look like before I do any more upgrading. If it drops a decent amount of coins I'll keep it out to make money for the mermaid stuff. I should be able to make it to level 7 or 8 if it's worth it.

And the flowers are really pretty, an adventure just dropped me a scorched rose, so I'll keep these and the purple ones out too. will keep doing the adventures in the hope of more. And I'm going to try for another boar on my second game - a drop of any energy at all will be great on a game where I've only got one wizard school and one alicorn and no immediate prospect of more!

fazerJan
07-20-17, 06:23 AM

That probably is the most important base of a perfect relationship........

HuckleTown
07-20-17, 06:25 AM
I check mine often. I find the best way to do that, is to wait till have have collected from the dahlia, then pop it in storage.
When you go to your inventory you will be able to see how many you have there.

I place mine in inventory right after collection also.

So far no extras have shown up.

judafarm
07-20-17, 06:41 AM
I think no one will finish this event...
If someone do this then only eith a lot lot lot of gems...
Well, for me this is not worth it..
I played more S8 games and also by these games its not fun anymore..
Its all about gems now..
I allready stoped playing with some S8 games now..
The fun for this is over..
Playing games must not be an obsession for also to play in the night..
So, maybe I will stop with this one also..
So sorry, because in the beginning all the s8 games were so nice to play..

cavegirl1
07-20-17, 06:51 AM
Last collection for the night before going to bed and only needed 2 onyx petals from my 2 dahlias to upgrade to level 5.

Looks like I am staying at level 4 overnight. Hopefully the wings I got instead will lull me to sleep quickly ...

Stymie52
07-20-17, 06:51 AM
I know that lots of people are pretty annoyed at the moment, but given that many of us are not going to complete the event I wanted to think about the best outcome.

Does anyone have a picture of the temple at levels 7/8/9 at all? The level 5/6 temple is very pretty - and I'd like to see what the next steps look like before I do any more upgrading. If it drops a decent amount of coins I'll keep it out to make money for the mermaid stuff. I should be able to make it to level 7 or 8 if it's worth it.

And the flowers are really pretty, an adventure just dropped me a scorched rose, so I'll keep these and the purple ones out too. will keep doing the adventures in the hope of more. And I'm going to try for another boar on my second game - a drop of any energy at all will be great on a game where I've only got one wizard school and one alicorn and no immediate prospect of more!

I am at Level 9 of the Temple. I don't remember how it looked at Level 8, but the differences must have been small. I compared my Level 9 with Katt's Level 10. There are definitely a few more embellishments. However, if you ended at 8, 9, or 10, you would have a nice addition to your kingdom. This is only my opinion.
Best of luck to all. Go on the adventures which now seem to be dropping Onyx Pearls. That is the only way to advance more quickly than a snail's pace without spending 250 gems. Sometimes the adventure drops crystals as well.

ratdogs4
07-20-17, 06:55 AM
Has anyone else noticed a decrease in boars spawning from farmhouses and an increase in fang beasts spawning from them? Perhaps S8 realizes players know finishing the quest is unattainable (without spending $$$), so we're going for the boars?

pongkay
07-20-17, 07:22 AM
Has anyone else noticed a decrease in boars spawning from farmhouses and an increase in fang beasts spawning from them? Perhaps S8 realizes players know finishing the quest is unattainable (without spending $$$), so we're going for the boars?

Yes!

Mikachernova
07-20-17, 07:29 AM
I as all players have problem with this event ..:mad:your tasks cannot be realised. So what you say to those WHO DID NOT GET THE SECOND dahlia???????????:mad:

CathyDucky
07-20-17, 07:55 AM
Yes!

Me too...so now quickly trying to get 2 more pelt to make the 2nd boars. Anyone knows if we can still craft boar in the ws after the 10-day quest?

Ann255780
07-20-17, 08:04 AM
Me too...so now quickly trying to get 2 more pelt to make the 2nd boars. Anyone knows if we can still craft boar in the ws after the 10-day quest?

If u need 2 more pelts to craft another. The boar u crafted also drop pelts too and it has 4 hrs timer

jessiefromshimerville
07-20-17, 08:22 AM
Yes it is the ultimate in frustration. I am getting scorched wings from the dahlia drops and adventures now that I need 20 onyx petals. And to add insult to injury I got a second scorched rose from the adventure. So I am swimming in wings and struggling to procure petals. Back in 2013, when the need for something increases so did the drop rate. Guess they forgot to mention that tid bit to the new developers assigned to this game.

ragga666
07-20-17, 08:26 AM
I have got an idea. Since so many of us, having worked out the maths, realise the impossibility of finishing are about to give up S8 should have a bargain sale of dahlias and onyx pearls to keep us interested.

starnanou
07-20-17, 08:34 AM
I have got an idea. Since so many of us, having worked out the maths, realise the impossibility of finishing are about to give up S8 should have a bargain sale of dahlias and onyx pearls to keep us interested.

If they had an efficient marketing manager

LilyBlue95
07-20-17, 08:35 AM
Unrealistic goals!! :mad: Seriously! You want us to gather 20 petals from the dahlia x 2 hours per collection = 40 hours. And then you don't even always get the petals. The gem requirements are absurd! I am done with it.

anne202b
07-20-17, 08:40 AM
I'm done, too. I always get so close but never finish. This is too much of a 'job'...wanted to play to have fun and relax. BUT...I still love the game...just not the timed events. How about lowering the cost of the dahlias? Purdy please? ;)

wamboltia
07-20-17, 08:44 AM
I'm on chapter 6 with 3 days to go, I think it said I need 20 onyx petals to upgrade...so chapter 7 is probably as far as I will make it. I just don't see how I could go any further with time constraints and a two hour timer on delilahs just seems a bit long.

katbtodd
07-20-17, 08:54 AM
Please please give us more days to do this in... The math of what you need us to get .. Just does not work in the time allowed
This event shouldn't of had random drops ...should of been a sure thing
STill only getting trees from the adventure and have been sending it out every two hours.. From 3 A.M. - 8 Pm and if I woke up during the night

Nikospets
07-20-17, 08:57 AM
I upgraded my temple to L5 about 24 hours ago. I now have only 11/20 onyx petals for the upgrade to L6 despite collecting pretty much every 2 hours for 18 hours plus adventures.

I have about 32 trees in my inventory so I've done at least that many adventures (some trees at the start were placed not stored) and there has been no extra dahlias, very very few petals and nothing out of the ordinary drop from any of those adventures.

I feel your pain! I have received nothing but trees from the adventure, I now have 71 trees! Yes at first I did buy some but the majority have been from the adventure! I still am trying to upgrade to level 5, petals are a serious downfall! From what I am reading the crystals will be the next hurdle! There is no way I will finish this event!

LilyBlue95
07-20-17, 09:00 AM
Totally agree with wamboltia. When I play Castle Story it's for fun and relaxation. This has been NEITHER -- an exercise in frustration as have most of the recent timed events posted by Storm8. Such obvious ploys to get me to spend real $$ -- but I NEVER buy from companies that I don't like; and I'm beginning to dislike Storm8's practices very much. A pity because they used to be one of my favorites.

purrdue5
07-20-17, 09:01 AM
Finally got enough of everything to finish chapter 10 with the BIG EXCEPTION of ONXY CRYSTALS. ONly have 7 of the needed 80 so looks like I need some help from S8. keep checking the forum hoping for some help but doesn't look encouraging. They got a several gems from me but no more unless help is in its way. keep hoping

Nikospets
07-20-17, 09:03 AM
has anyone else noticed a decrease in boars spawning from farmhouses and an increase in fang beasts spawning from them? Perhaps s8 realizes players know finishing the quest is unattainable (without spending $$$), so we're going for the boars?

yes!!!

confuzzled88
07-20-17, 09:23 AM
I only ever got one dahalias nothing in my inventory. Impossible event to complete without spending gems.

nukesters2
07-20-17, 09:40 AM
Finally got enough of everything to finish chapter 10 with the BIG EXCEPTION of ONXY CRYSTALS. ONly have 7 of the needed 80 so looks like I need some help from S8. keep checking the forum hoping for some help but doesn't look encouraging. They got a several gems from me but no more unless help is in its way. keep hoping

Oh my days!! We need a total of 80 of the onyx crystals??? I have 11 and was thinking something doesnt seem right about how slow they are to get, and now I am a full day behind in the event, so I came here to look for information. That certainly is discouraging to know there is 100% NO chance of finishing unless you spend not just a but of money, but a lot of money! :(

castle1423
07-20-17, 09:41 AM
Very disappointed in this quest. No possible way to finish it. I've been on goal 5 for 3 days now.

CoyoteMama
07-20-17, 09:47 AM
Spent money early on as I was traveling and wanted to finish. Now I know it is impossible to finish and that I wasted my money. Won't be doing that again. I have loved this game for years but am wondering now if S8 is trying to make us all quit so that they can end the game and move on to something else without looking like they abandoned the players.

chochobear
07-20-17, 09:54 AM
Hint: You can check for crystal trees, scorched roses and scorched dahlias stored in your Inventory very quickly by pushing the Decorations tab where there are far fewer items to peruse.

nukesters2
07-20-17, 09:56 AM
Spent money early on as I was traveling and wanted to finish. Now I know it is impossible to finish and that I wasted my money. Won't be doing that again. I have loved this game for years but am wondering now if S8 is trying to make us all quit so that they can end the game and move on to something else without looking like they abandoned the players.

I also did that, I do spend some of my fun money on this game because I do love it, and look at it like back in the day before these kinds of games on devices, we would spend $50- $100 on a new game for a game console. And eventually you finish and have to buy again. But I bought 2 of the packages which for me in canada come out to about $30 so thats it for me now on this event :( I do not mind paying for something but throwing it away on nothing is not in my plan!

PurpleScorpion76
07-20-17, 10:14 AM
I've just had a crazy thought maybe S8 will give us each a bonus and give us each a purple dahlia and onyx thingy as a gift in tonight's update. Here's hoping!

Kirschbaumm
07-20-17, 10:32 AM
I can't level up the Onyx Temple to level 7 because I need 7 additional onyx crystals. So I'm going to be stuck at this Level. What really annoys me is, that I've bought that first package with those roses and then I've bought 250 gems to buy additional dahlias the day after. There S8: I've already spend money on this event and I still can't finish it. Are you showing the same business behavior like Trump University? Getting some books but nothing else?

ktorewqas
07-20-17, 10:38 AM
I've just had a crazy thought maybe S8 will give us each a bonus and give us each a purple dahlia and onyx thingy as a gift in tonight's update. Here's hoping!one is not enough unfortunately. I have three onyx pearls now and still can not see the possibility to finish it on time :(

maxiandtaz
07-20-17, 10:41 AM
I have to say I play a lot and I give myself a budget of $40 every 2 weeks to spend on this form of entertainment I have purchased both packages to be offered and I have over 1600 gems so that's not the issue the issue is I was right on schedule until the scorched dahlias I tend them every 2 hours 9 times a day I refuse to get up in the middle of the night I have everything else all ready feasts pasta everything I'm being held up by the onyx petals and the pearls I can't get to level 8 it is very unfair for it to at the very least not to be a guaranteed drop I get only trees from the adventure and my flowers drop wings more than petals and of course I have more than one of each flower

Update I just got an onyx pearl from the adventure so now I have 2 to try my luck with but still at every 4 hours it is unachievable

Guardian452
07-20-17, 10:46 AM
I've been fortunate and received 3 dahlias and 2 pearls from the adventures. It's still not enough to finish the event. But for those who have the time to send adventures every 2 hours and who don't need to sleep, there is a remote chance of finishing with a lot of luck.

Of course this goes to show how badly designed this event was. someone who has the time to sign-in every 2 hours during normal waking hours should be guaranteed to finish without gemming. There will always be gem spenders, just don't force people to use them

candie1230
07-20-17, 10:50 AM
Why do we even try, this game is now for gem buyers. I'm still collecting onyx petals for level 5, I have no hope of finishing this challenge.

kristinadc
07-20-17, 11:00 AM

Im giving this one up now...i have 40 wings...7/20 onyx petals and a big purple wood in my storage:(:(
No way to finish:/
And im angry on storm8 bcs i have few nbrs who never spent money, and they got second purple flower..? Isnt that a bit apsurd...they should be buying it maybe,not me...and i wont buy nothing.ever again.

cakeflowergirl1
07-20-17, 11:02 AM
I did not get a second deliala and have been at this around the clock...i am stuck on level 5 because I keep getting wings! I have over 40 trees from adventures and have constantly checked my inventory. I guess a year and a half was not a long enough time away from the game. I was so excited too because it was starting to get fun again :(

katbtodd
07-20-17, 11:15 AM
Beginning to dislike this game.. It doesn't play fair... My adventure ,temple and flower was really all at the same time.. Not one drop ,that I needed ,,

AppleWhite84
07-20-17, 11:41 AM
Giving up on this event. Just can't get enough onyx petals. S8 makes the events way too hard.

GarnetJ
07-20-17, 11:46 AM
On the plus side, I'm up to 4 boars who are guarding my temple. :)

I loved whoever coined the term "build-a-boar" event. That's been my focus once I determined that the other goals are not possible.

katbtodd
07-20-17, 12:08 PM
On my 7th boar

PolarDini
07-20-17, 12:12 PM
I cannot believe my good fortune for today! My level 5 on castle just dropped a violet plant for scorched petals! I now have two! There may be hope yet! I am not yet struggling with collecting onyx orbs or whatever comes next because I thought I'd be stuck collecting 20 scorched onyx petals but there's hope yet!!

starnanou
07-20-17, 12:15 PM

Hmm,
Well and we did that and I got a second dahlia 2 days ago. So?
I m still in chapter 6, 5/20 onyx petals.
I've done something like 40 adventures, so?

I have 2 days left.

Dear Meow,
Do you think I will catch up the final goal?

DutchIsles2
07-20-17, 12:25 PM

My thought exactly

Andro45
07-20-17, 12:29 PM
On my 7th boar

Wow....just wow. *insert smiley with big eyes*

Crafted my second boar in both my kingdoms today. I collected from farmhouses regularly, but even then, only 2. I will keep collecting from farmhouses, but will start sending my knights on adventure as well. Since I already knew I wasn't going to finish the event, I will send them out in the hopes of getting more flowers, not because they will be useful but because I think they're pretty. Trees will come in handy in the future.

The purple slab isn't dropping any useful items at this moment, maybe that will change after I got it to level 5.

Since I started this game there were more events that I didn't finish than events that I did finish. I don't spend money when it's unknown if it is possible to finish. I do not set my alarm at night to collect. I have work to do, within my home and elsewhere, so I won't be able to play 24/7. And I am not going to stress about a game with unrealistic goals. As someone said before: it's just a bunch of pixels. There a e more important things in life.

That said...I'm not very impresssed with this event to say the least. Storm8 did much better in the past.

kattkrazie
07-20-17, 12:47 PM
Can we still craft the onyx boar in the workshop after the end of the 10-day quest. Thanks.

The boar craft remains in the workshop after you finish level 10 of the temple. However, the onyx boars stop spawning. I was able to craft another boar from my pet boars dropping fur every 4 hrs. So if you want a lot of boars, make them before you finish the quest. Good luck.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-20-17, 12:53 PM
Since my Veruca Salt tantrum breakdown a few pages back lol, I flew to Cali and made S8 drop 2 of their purple balls (welllll, I got em from adventures, lol) ..and my temple just coughed up an extra scorched bush so I could Aloe Vera mine lol.... so I DO now have my eyes on the prize, Violet netwiz. LOL

S8 ~ Take notes! The fact that those *needed-to-complete-the-quest* drops are RANDOM (hence, everyone doesn't get them) instead of being sequential additional rewards for everyone completing the goals, is the biggest problem I (& MANY OTHERS) have with this and so many other events like this.
When a GAME, which is suppose to be a fun distraction, turns into an infuriating time-thief w/no progress, people get turned off, tune out, and LEAVE to find entertainment elsewhere.

On my 7th boar
Me, too!! ... wanna race? LOL *wink*

astara33
07-20-17, 01:23 PM
I'm waiting for Chapter 9 to open about 11 hours from now but I am now unable to gather any resources: crystallized wood, shard, scorched petals. wings and no onyx boars are spawning, just the usual beasts. I cannot say about the pearl as I have a few hours to go. Also the scorched mountain journey is gone as well as are the ability to craft crystallized beams and block or nectar. The ability to craft a boar is there.

Have I missed something?

Thank you!

katbtodd
07-20-17, 01:29 PM
Wow....just wow. *insert smiley with big eyes*

Crafted my second boar in both my kingdoms today. I collected from farmhouses regularly, but even then, only 2. I will keep collecting from farmhouses, but will start sending my knights on adventure as well. Since I already knew I wasn't going to finish the event, I will send them out in the hopes of getting more flowers, not because they will be useful but because I think they're pretty. Trees will come in handy in the future.

The purple slab isn't dropping any useful items at this moment, maybe that will change after I got it to level 5.

Since I started this game there were more events that I didn't finish than events that I did finish. I don't spend money when it's unknown if it is possible to finish. I do not set my alarm at night to collect. I have work to do, within my home and elsewhere, so I won't be able to play 24/7. And I am not going to stress about a game with unrealistic goals. As someone said before: it's just a bunch of pixels. There a e more important things in life.

That said...I'm not very impresssed with this event to say the least. Storm8 did much better in the past.
I hear ya! This will be the first event since I started in 2012 ,,that I have not finished ,pout ,,S/8 is taken the fun out of this game,

kattkrazie
07-20-17, 01:33 PM
For comparison purposes, here are the pics of the temple at Levels 5, 6, and 10:

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-20-17, 01:33 PM
I'm waiting for Chapter 9 to open about 11 hours from now but I am now unable to gather any resources: crystallized wood, shard, scorched petals. wings and no onyx boars are spawning, just the usual beasts. I cannot say about the pearl as I have a few hours to go. Also the scorched mountain journey is gone as well as are the ability to craft crystallized beams and block or nectar. The ability to craft a boar is there.

Have I missed something?

Thank you!
All storybook event resources dry up *between* chapters, that's why so many players have posted reminders here not to finish a chapter til bedtime or first thing in the morning, even if you can complete the final goal of a chapter early, so you can use that additional time to collect or craft stuff needed later. If you're just now learning of this little tip, keep it in mind for the final 2 chapters. Once Chapter 9 starts for you, don't finish Goal 4 (thus completing the chapter) until the last minute.

Hope that helps. :)

gracelinda
07-20-17, 01:35 PM
Waiting several times for 2 hours each to harvest the scorched dahlia only to get scorched WINGS instead of the pearls....sooooo sad.

AnisWa
07-20-17, 01:49 PM

Yes, I was thinking....Wow, I hardly had any other monster spawned, it'd always be the boar. But, today, I no sooner slayed a Fangbeast, tapped the next farmhouse, another Fangbeast spawned, then, another.....where were they for the Monster Hunt? S8, apparently get their laughs from us, making this game frustrating and ridiculous. I just crafted my 4th boar. I'm on Level 8 waiting to upgrade temple, I have 2 onyx crystal, of the 15 required.....when I was on level 7 early this morning, I needed 6 crystals, I decided I'd pay the 60 gems...tapped to upgrade. THIS IS THE ONE & ONLY TIME a glitch worked in my advantage. It didn't cost 60 gems....it took some but not all....but, with all the other times I've lost gems, I'd say I deserved a break even thingy...I'm getting close, but, I'm okay if I don't finish. The temple is fine, the way it is. The adventure has dropped a well....I do not need any more wells, trees, Crystalized wood, and, whatever else. I think, by now, with the genius technology we have running our devices, that S8's can tell what we need in the level we are currently working on. IMO. So, provide those items. Especially, when they know how hard it was to accomplished the levels we've climbed!

fazerJan
07-20-17, 01:50 PM
Hi,
My adventure just dropped a RUSTIC WELL..............

So all is well here in The Netherlands......

Best regards,

FazerJan

idrispad
07-20-17, 01:51 PM

So, roughly 14 hours or so later and I have 16/20 onyx petals and 36 trees in storage. Utterly ridiculous.

collardgreen0404
07-20-17, 02:18 PM
I just got an onyx pearl from an adventure! Storm8 may be listening?????

idrispad
07-20-17, 02:24 PM
I just got an onyx pearl from an adventure! Storm8 may be listening?????

I got wings and a tree! So I'm guessing not ;)

judyvines
07-20-17, 02:30 PM
I have searched the first page, but have not found any information on the onyx emblem or the summoners orb that are needed for chapters nine and ten. If these items are crafted, what is needed to make them? Hopefully they drop from somewhere. And no, I'm not close to finishing. I just upgraded my Onyx Temple to level seven and have zero onyx crystals in inventory.

A7B92
07-20-17, 02:31 PM
So...I had already seen the nagging pop-up about returning to Dragon Story. I thought it was safe to go collect from my journey. I saw that my journey had provided an onyx pearl. I tapped on the pearl to place it...and the game burped. I had to collect from the journey again. No onyx pearl this time. I bought an extra scorched dahlia and still I'm at least a day behind. I couldn't buy an extra onyx pearl even if I wanted to do so. I'm fairly certain the onyx temple will end up in storage like lots of other stuff, so I'm not terribly worked up about being unable to finish this event. However, I agree with an earlier post that suggested at the beginning of the event, Storm8 should just tell us we'll need 600, 800, or whatever gems to complete the event. Then we could just ignore the event and work on the main story line or expansions or something productive.

tigarlilyvol
07-20-17, 02:36 PM
I have searched the first page, but have not found any information on the onyx emblem or the summoners orb that are needed for chapters nine and ten. If these items are crafted, what is needed to make them? Hopefully they drop from somewhere. And no, I'm not close to finishing. I just upgraded my Onyx Temple to level seven and have zero onyx crystals in inventory.

Found on first page, post 2 under chapter 9 & 10

collardgreen0404
07-20-17, 02:38 PM
I got wings and a tree! So I'm guessing not ;)

Bummer!:(

judyvines
07-20-17, 02:45 PM
Found on first page, post 2 under chapter 9 & 10

Thank you. I tend to only read the upgrade requirements, and didn't notice that they were listed as part of the earlier steps. Looks like I won't be finishing either. I've been playing since before the Love Shack and this will be the first event I can't finish. Math must not be Storm8's strong suit.

astara33
07-20-17, 02:47 PM
Thank you!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-20-17, 02:53 PM
Thank you!
I assume this is to me since I responded to your first post, lol... and you're welcome, happy to help & hope my response wasn't confusing.

...And welcome to the forum! :)

Edit: Shout out & sword salute to princess cup o bingo butter! ...hope your work wasn't in vain, lol. :-*

idrispad
07-20-17, 02:55 PM
I'm looking forward to the end of event poll... :D

PrincessCelestian
07-20-17, 02:58 PM
I am trying to decide whether or not to spend real money to complete this event. I hate to not complete it. It would be the first one in over a year. And I already put my weekly budget of $10 in this event. Just not sure if I want to start spending my gem stash and not sure that I want to encourage these types of impossible without gem events to continue. I thought we had gotten beyond this. Sigh.

PrincessCupOButter
07-20-17, 03:02 PM
I'm looking forward to the end of event poll... :D

Oh yes! Me too!!! :cool:

So....where were all these fangbeasts during hunting season? During hunting season, they are impossible to spawn. But now? They're everywhere. Someone mentioned that maybe we are getting too many boar pets, so the fangbeasts have been increased. I'm thinking "Bingo!" Honestly, I'm just trying to fight onyx boars for something to do during the FOUR HOUR WAIT for onyx crystals, and instead I am getting every fangbeast that didn't show up during the hunt. :mad:

annieo2
07-20-17, 03:39 PM
S8 it would be a much more interesting and fun challenge if you didnt have to collect the same things for back to back levels, why not change future challenges so we all have a chance to complete, collecting onyx petals is just boring ive spent a day getting 13/15 with non stop adventures (other than when im sleeping!) and for the next level i need 20 so there goes a day and a half! Its monotonous and boring, if it was only every 2nd level we needed them but could still collect from dahlia in between levels we could stock them up! And give everyone a good chance to complete! This us about the 3rd or 4th challenge i gavent been able to complete, think i will be sitting chalkenges like this one out in future has the rest of my kingdom gets neglected meanwhile... And for what? Another half finished item in my inventory... That isnt a challenge to me!

BufftonHeights
07-20-17, 03:50 PM
I hate to lose so much I was actually hoping for a value pack that had crystals or a pearl in it when the naga 24 hour one expired. Instead, the naga one repeated for the third time. - smh -

Anaboe
07-20-17, 04:01 PM
Wow, we did get a free Dahlia! I sure hope this will make things better for a lot of people!

kattkrazie
07-20-17, 04:02 PM
Check your game, everyone. I just got a scorched dahlia as a gift from S8.

BufftonHeights
07-20-17, 04:03 PM
Storm 8 just sent a scorched dahlia as a gift. I appreciate they are finally recognizing our pain. And I don't mean to sound ungrateful. But for those of us who have somehow already made it to level 6, the dahlia isn't really the bottleneck anymore. It's the pearl. Can I have one of those, too? Pretty please with purple crystal on top? :)

PrincessCelestian
07-20-17, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the scorched dahlia storm 8. I would really appreciate a onyx pearl since I actually have plenty of scorched dahlias from adventures

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-20-17, 04:10 PM
THANK-YOU, S8, for the scorched bush "thanks for playing" gift!
Most of all, thanks for letting us know that you *are* listening ...sometimes, lol. ;)

perry5
07-20-17, 04:11 PM
Storm 8 just sent a scorched dahlia as a gift. I appreciate they are finally recognizing our pain. And I don't mean to sound ungrateful. But for those of us who have somehow already made it to level 6, the dahlia isn't really the bottleneck anymore. It's the pearl. Can I have one of those, too? Pretty please with purple crystal on top? :)

I just came back to report that I also just received my free dahlia...I have been creeping toward level 6 for 2.5 days...have only received 3 onyx petals from adventures in all that time...I too do not want to seem ungrateful, but I am now at 18 petals without the free dahlia...could've have really used this 2 days ago. How about extending the adventure for 2 days...that, PLUS the dahlia, might begin to make a difference.

farmerbrown2010
07-20-17, 04:11 PM
Just received a post and an additional scorched dahlia from S8. Unfortunately I am so far behind I'll never catch up. It is really disappointing that the adventures and the scorched dahlia didn't give me onyx petals eveytime. Early today I collected from the adventure, the temple & the dahlia in a row and not one of them gave me an onyx petal. So I'm stuck on chapter 6 and that's after going on continual adventures & spending gems.

PurpleScorpion76
07-20-17, 04:13 PM
I've just had a crazy thought maybe S8 will give us each a bonus and give us each a purple dahlia and onyx thingy as a gift in tonight's update. Here's hoping!

Ok that's weird I just got a scorched dahlia purple plant thingy as a gift from s8. 2 days to go, it's unfortunately I fear all too late, only need 7 Petals til next upgrade I might get there by lunch rather than dinner tomorrow. But that'll be chapter 7 I'll reach. 4 days of tasks in 2 days when these next few days are supposed to be even more impossible?!?

katbtodd
07-20-17, 04:18 PM
Thanks for dahlia , could you find it in your heart to add more time ..we are all so far behind , please please pretty please

collardgreen0404
07-20-17, 04:18 PM
My thoughts exactly!

calicokittennope
07-20-17, 04:21 PM
I got a little worried when I saw Ivy pop up. I was like oh no... what did you do this time Ivy!?

Thank you for the plant S8 :)

RenZenGoddess
07-20-17, 04:23 PM
Thanks Storm8! Now, about the Pearl with the math that doesn't add up....
(I DID spend gems to support you and bought a dahlia, too) *kissy smiley face*

chaarlikar
07-20-17, 04:23 PM
Not sure if people have noticed but the drop rate has improved too...2crytsals and petals now not 1

Zirilka
07-20-17, 04:24 PM
Came up to check whats up with the complimentary flower. I am happy S8 sees that this event is an utter and complete (or rather unfinishable) failure. Also, cheers to the power of the queendoms and kingdoms combined. You all rock my rulers. Keep the pressure. :)

tina2sun
07-20-17, 04:30 PM
onyx crystals are needed.....

DutchIsles2
07-20-17, 04:41 PM
Received dahlia also, but I only have "2"days left and just upgraded to level 6. S8 please extend time?

Nikospets
07-20-17, 04:43 PM
Wow I just opened up my game and got a scorched dalia! S8 finally threw us a bone! Thank you S8, but I will need more than that!!!

kidsby4
07-20-17, 04:44 PM
Another player here saying thank you for the scorched dahlia.

I am fortunate to have started late, but I am already nearly a day behind because I just can not check every 2hours. I just collected from my first dahlia and got 2petals! I now have 10. If I can get 3-4 every time I collect i just may make it.

Queenzod
07-20-17, 04:46 PM
Lol, ya thanks. Too little too late. 😂

3mma93D
07-20-17, 04:46 PM
I can't access the scorched mountain adventure I am at level 48, have all other things for the quest and I don't know why does anyone have any ideas please???

stanis87
07-20-17, 04:49 PM
onyx crystals are needed.....

And my opinion is the same, yes, crystals are very important from this stage of this goal now...

AuntGma
07-20-17, 04:51 PM
I can't access the scorched mountain adventure I am at level 48, have all other things for the quest and I don't know why does anyone have any ideas please???

Check to see if you are maxed out on crystallized trees. If you are, chop one and that should free up your adventure.

MichaelKors1
07-20-17, 04:52 PM
With only 2 days left the free scorched dahlia not going to be much help now. Its the time that has been lost also. Should be giving a 2 day extension.

skeexix
07-20-17, 04:55 PM
Not sure if people have noticed but the drop rate has improved too...2crytsals and petals now not 1

No, I just harvested, only one crystal :mad:

danzplace
07-20-17, 04:56 PM
Thank you for the flowers. Any chance for more onyx pearls?

rkbfnfgw
07-20-17, 04:58 PM
Maybe instead of giving us another flower, change the timer on it? Just a thought...:confused:

mikepastry
07-20-17, 05:01 PM
Two days behind just because I cannot collect 20 onyx petals... and I get 1 free scorched dahlia. I would want to say thank you, but I cannot because of my overall disappointment and the feeling that every event it repeats all over again (I come here to join the chorus of people who rightfully complain about the math that has gone wrong at Storm8 when they programmed an event). Scorched dahlia is a crucial resource in this event and the distribution of that resource was left in the hands of chance (a possible drop from an onyx temple). So, right there you gave people an un-equal opportunity to either succeed or fail. This is poor thinking and planning! I enjoy Castle Story less and less... sorry to say...

rkbfnfgw
07-20-17, 05:02 PM
Two days behind just because I cannot collect 20 onyx petals... and I get 1 free scorched dahlia. I would want to say thank you, but I cannot because of my overall disappointment and the feeling that every event it repeats all over again (I come here to join the chorus of people who rightfully complain about the math that has gone wrong at Storm8 when they programmed an event). Scorched dahlia is a crucial resource in this event and the distribution of that resource was left in the hands of chance (a possible drop from an onyx temple). So, right there you gave people an un-equal opportunity to either succeed or fail. This is poor thinking and planning! I enjoy Castle Story less and less... sorry to say...
Agreed! :D

idrispad
07-20-17, 05:02 PM
A free dahlia really does nothing at all given the amount of wasted time. I'm two or three days behind now and there is no chance of catching up. Especially as there's another bottleneck ahead.

So no, I won't be thanking S8 for the gift.

123carol123
07-20-17, 05:11 PM
With only 2 days left the free scorched dahlia not going to be much help now. Its the time that has been lost also. Should be giving a 2 day extension.

I'm with you. I have spent good money on the pack with the dahlias and used all my spare gems trying to keep up. NEED AN EXTENSION.

katbtodd
07-20-17, 05:11 PM
It should have not been timed ... With the lack of drops ..

dragon2046
07-20-17, 05:21 PM
Thank you S8 for the dahlia and also for increasing the drops on the onyx pearl. I received multiple drops of crystals from them and before I was only getting one. Good luck to everyone and enjoy. :)

nateryd
07-20-17, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the gift and listening S8!
I feel my luck has drastically changed today! I got three pearls from adventures! And I've also noticed that the onyx crystals have been dropping in two's a few times today! It's honestly what's needed at this point, more drops per collection 
I'm where I'm supposed to be( day wise) in this event, but only because I've spent alot of gems... If I didn't I would probably be on day 4. And also for those who forged ahead and let us all know what was coming up!! Thanks so much for all that info!!! Greatly appreciated EVERY SINGLE EVENT!!!

stygimoloch
07-20-17, 05:26 PM

My thoughts exactly. Thanks, but I still won't make it.

SpiritWind00
07-20-17, 05:27 PM
All posts in violation of the forum rules have been removed by S8 and me. Harassing, Flaming, Trolling, Spamming and calling other players out for their personal playing styles in NOT allowed. If you have a problem with another player you only have 2 avenues which are to lodge a forum dispute or contact a moderator. You must not react in thread as it derails the thread and then you are the one violating the rules. Please send a PM with the post number instead.
https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies

Do not reply to this post. If you want to discuss anything, please send a PM.

AnisWa
07-20-17, 05:28 PM
Yes, thank you S8 for the dahlia. However, I'm not in need of the petals. Maybe, this quest could have been the 21 day quest, instead of 10.

Tom2ndMate
07-20-17, 05:32 PM
The free scorched dahlia will help a lot of people upgrade their Onyx Temple to at least Level 5, which is the lowest level that looks pretty enough to consider keeping around after the event ends. So I'm thankful to S8 for the realm beautification benefits of the free dahlia. This event has also made it really easy to craft pet Onyx Boars, so I'm satisfied with the event even though I have no chance of getting the dragon. And thanks to the recent expansion, people can choose to spend time on the Coral Castle instead of on this event, so I don't think it's fair to complain about the entire Castle Story game just because S8 made some mistakes on programming this event.

stanis87
07-20-17, 05:35 PM
Maybe instead of giving us another flower, change the timer on it? Just a thought...:confused:

For the remaining, the Onyx pearl timer has to be reduced on 2 h to fall 2 - 4 cristal and so everyone will finish the event...

lydiahin
07-20-17, 05:39 PM
I still only get glimmer bulbs from the onyx temple 😡😡😡😡

SpiritWind00
07-20-17, 05:41 PM
check your goal book has the adventure and hasn't reverted back a bit. Try force closing and if it's still an issue, please post in the bugs forum. this thread has the same problem, so post here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?99861-Adventure-locked-Crystal-realm

100Anne
07-20-17, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the flower, S8.
Also my other plant just dropped two petals for the first time, so that was exciting. I'm still 3 days behind but now I might be able to get a little further.

PrincessCelestian
07-20-17, 06:55 PM
For the remaining, the Onyx pearl timer has to be reduced on 2 h to fall 2 - 4 cristal and so everyone will finish the event...

Yaaaasssss!! I have collected faithfully all day. I even gem sped and had my adventure ready to go this morning so that I didn't have to wait. Only 5 of 15 crystals. Pretty paltry IMO. Probably the one event I am least satisfied with in a long long time.

Ki250
07-20-17, 07:00 PM
Nice gesture S8 for giving players an extra scorched dahlia however for players like myself who are days behind onyx crystals are now a problem even though the drop was increased. S8 could you please extend the event that would really make players who are so far behind happy. Also can the timer for the onyx pearl be decreased.

nateryd
07-20-17, 07:00 PM
It says two posts up that the timer changed for the onyx pearl...My Onyx pearl is still at 4 hrs?!?
Or am I reading that wrong.. Lol

Ok.. Re-read for the fourth time.. It says I timers haVe to change... Not that it has. Haha

cavegirl1
07-20-17, 07:08 PM
It says two posts up that the timer changed for the onyx pearl...My Onyx pearl is still at 4 hrs?!?
Or am I reading that wrong.. Lol

They are saying it needs to change, not that it has (unfortunately).

AnnirasSweets
07-20-17, 07:18 PM
I've noticed with my collections today that all of my onyx pearls have been dropping 2 crystals per collection so that's a nice change of pace.

neska04
07-20-17, 07:23 PM
Thank you for the dahlia and the increased number of onyx crystals per drop. It does make reaching the end goal a bit more possible. I'd still love to get more than wings and trees from adventures��

thecast
07-20-17, 07:35 PM
Finished goal 3 of chapter 7, but when I tried to do goal 4 (Make crystallized nectar), my goal is locked. I've tried everything including reloading my game no luck. Purchased the value pack, so it will not do me any good now. I'm tired of S8. I spend money on this game, but this is the last straw.

dragoniakingdom
07-20-17, 07:37 PM
Thank you for the free dahalia.
Sadly for a lot of us it's a case of too little,too late with just a few days left.

100Anne
07-20-17, 07:49 PM
I am so pleasantly surprised. My collection just now gave me THREE petals from my original flower and another one from my new gift flower. Wow. Such a nice change from constant wings. I'm finally onto chapter 6.

Blanche_Lady
07-20-17, 07:54 PM
Its great that s8 is helping a bit, but what we actually need is more time!

caron7
07-20-17, 07:58 PM
I'm with you. I have spent good money on the pack with the dahlias and used all my spare gems trying to keep up. NEED AN EXTENSION.

but i think players who waited to begin will benefit, while those of us who started chapter 1 eagerly on day 1 still will flounder. i've read others say not to start right away and let others deal with the bugs. sigh. for the first time, i see the wisdom there.

meme1098
07-20-17, 08:00 PM
Finished goal 3 of chapter 7, but when I tried to do goal 4 (Make crystallized nectar), my goal is locked. I've tried everything including reloading my game no luck. Purchased the value pack, so it will not do me any good now. I'm tired of S8. I spend money on this game, but this is the last straw.

I had that problem too. Send a support ticket.
There's a link in SpiritWinds signature on the first page.

BiggerBubbles
07-20-17, 08:06 PM
So...I had already seen the nagging pop-up about returning to Dragon Story. I thought it was safe to go collect from my journey. I saw that my journey had provided an onyx pearl. I tapped on the pearl to place it...and the game burped. I had to collect from the journey again. No onyx pearl this time. I bought an extra scorched dahlia and still I'm at least a day behind. I couldn't buy an extra onyx pearl even if I wanted to do so. I'm fairly certain the onyx temple will end up in storage like lots of other stuff, so I'm not terribly worked up about being unable to finish this event. However, I agree with an earlier post that suggested at the beginning of the event, Storm8 should just tell us we'll need 600, 800, or whatever gems to complete the event. Then we could just ignore the event and work on the main story line or expansions or something productive.

Describing the game as 'burping', that's a classic, it's exactly what it's doing! Love it! All the S8 games are.

ktorewqas
07-20-17, 08:07 PM
I got 1, 2, 2 from my three pearls. It's nice but it's really tight for me. I just levelled the temple to 7.

Passera
07-20-17, 08:16 PM

My thought exactly!!

gracelinda
07-20-17, 08:25 PM
Storm8 just gave me a dahlia... it was a nice gesture but I'm way too far behind to finish. I should have waited to start this quest..

cccymaaa
07-20-17, 08:30 PM
Its raining dahlia in my kingdom but two days too late. My first one was so defective that on my first day of collection, it only cough up 6 onyx petals for me. I got one from the temple late last night then S8 gave us another one and I got one from adventure just right now. Barely upgrade the temple to level 6 and waiting to collect from the pearl. I don't care about the dragon, but I really like the temple, there's no way I can finish it though with around 2 days of delay.

SpiritWind00
07-20-17, 09:17 PM
* new post 2 created with the Scorched Dahlia gift pictures etc.

tartarosfalling
07-20-17, 09:27 PM

Thanks but they've edited the initial posts so I guess that clears things up.

newzealander
07-20-17, 09:36 PM
The free dahlia is too little, too late for a lot of us. I am two days behind, even though I got extra dahlias from adventures. I have only one onyx pearl, and so far only 8 onyx pearls. I regularly spend small amounts of $$ on this game, and think I have finished almost all the events because of those few $$.

No more. In fact this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

riverly
07-20-17, 09:47 PM
With a lot of sleep deprivation and waiting til the next days to level up, I will be on chapter 9 tomorrow. It was way!!!!beyond normal play. A ridiculous amount of time was needed. Setting timers for this and for that. Crazy. When my adventures started dropping onyx pearls and petals that was a huge turning point for me but still tight because of the amounts needed for the next goals.
Pleas don't throw rotten tomatoes at me, but I just used only about 6 gems total to speed up collecting.
I had the time to fully devote to gameplay. This would have been impossible for someone who has to work.
I was lucky to get a second dahlia in early chapter. Why this wasn't made available early on for everyone is unfair. S8 take note!

With the increase in drops I feel like it'll be easy for me to finish and get some sleep. ZZZZZ.

cavegirl1
07-20-17, 10:03 PM
Drops have definitely been increased . I just collected from my 2 original dahlias (one I got from an adventure), plus the new gift dahlia plus an adventure and got 6 onyx petals. If my next collection is like that, I will be able to upgrade to level 6, will be back on track and will be able to start day 7 on time.

Starting 2 days late has certainly helped me in this case.

EnchantedAcres2
07-20-17, 10:09 PM
I to received a second free scorched bush. Thank you S8. I don't know how much that will help but I did notice that they have started dropping 2 scorched petals instead of one so at least I know have hope!!

riverly
07-20-17, 10:10 PM
What the well! I just got one from adventure. Just what I needed.

Just kidding.

riverly
07-20-17, 10:29 PM
Drops have definitely been increased . I just collected from my 2 original dahlias (one I got from an adventure), plus the new gift dahlia plus an adventure and got 6 onyx petals. If my next collection is like that, I will be able to upgrade to level 6, will be back on track and will be able to start day 7 on time.

Starting 2 days late has certainly helped me in this case.this makes me wonder if time will be extended for those who started on first day.

MichaelKors1
07-20-17, 10:38 PM
A free scorched dahlia not going to help much to finish. The 2 days lost is the time needed to collect from onyx pearl with 4 hour timer.

MoonVillage3
07-20-17, 10:44 PM
To my surprise a FREE dahlia was offered by S8 this early morning. BUT.. being overdue on Chapter 7.. my problem is the OYNX PEARL that drops EVEN LESS! than the dahlia!!!

We can possibly collect 4/5 times per day, as collecetion is every 4 hours with only ONE drop per collection and we need 15!!!!!

THIS EVENT IS NOT DOABLE! EVEN IF FREE DAHLIAS ARE OFFERED.. sorry S8.. we can't enjoy your hard work in preparing fun for us as:

ONYX CRYSTALS FROM THE PEARL ARE MISSING IN A MUCH HIGHER MAJORITY!!!

Yes.. extra Pearls are on sale.. BUT being SOOOO expensive.. it's not worth investing and buying even 1.. because at least 4 ONYX PEARLS would be needed!!!! Thats 1000 gems! and NOT wise investing in for a Purple Dragon who actually is dropping scales, even if he's huge and purple!

EVENT CLASSIFIED... "NOT DOABLE".. if ONYX PEARL drop rates, or amounts requested.. are not resolved as well.

Kastlerama
07-20-17, 10:58 PM
Describing the game as 'burping', that's a classic, it's exactly what it's doing! Love it! All the S8 games are.

And they steal your energy in the process!

Queenzod
07-20-17, 10:59 PM
What the well! I just got one from adventure. Just what I needed.

Just kidding.

Me, too! One dahlia just dropped from an adventure, but no crystal. Now I have four, not that I need them right now. I'm actually laughing, this event was so poorly planned. What a mess! 😂

newzealander
07-20-17, 11:18 PM
With a lot of sleep deprivation and waiting til the next days to level up, I will be on chapter 9 tomorrow. It was way!!!!beyond normal play. A ridiculous amount of time was needed. Setting timers for this and for that. Crazy. When my adventures started dropping onyx pearls and petals that was a huge turning point for me but still tight because of the amounts needed for the next goals.
Pleas don't throw rotten tomatoes at me, but I just used only about 6 gems total to speed up collecting.
I had the time to fully devote to gameplay. This would have been impossible for someone who has to work.
I was lucky to get a second dahlia in early chapter. Why this wasn't made available early on for everyone is unfair. S8 take note!

With the increase in drops I feel like it'll be easy for me to finish and get some sleep. ZZZZZ.
Great news for you, Riverly. Can you please tell me - how did you get enough onyx pearls? I have never had one from adventures, and I have them constantly going.

RevdKathy
07-20-17, 11:26 PM
Not so much a gift as an admission that S8 screwed up this time. I gave up on this goal days ago, so the "Thank you for playing" was a tad ironic.

Assuming people on here are representative, and seeing the range of spending habits makes me even more cross at the 'greed' of creating events you can't do without paying. We have a few who cannot spend, plenty who spend carefully and selectively on occasion and usually when the game is most fun, and some who spend regularly providing S8 with regular income. I would really, really like to see their stats on what games earn most as I seriously doubt it's this sort of thing.

I know they're listening, and trying - the last couple of months have proved that. But customer satisfaction is essential in a market as crowded as this one and this game was a major fail.

GlvtenFree
07-20-17, 11:35 PM
i dont even know what chapter i should be on anymore... can someone help me? i started the first day when the event was released and it will be midnight in a half hour so that means new chapter but which number because i feel like i am a few behind maybe? i know i was stuck on one for more than a day so...

SpiritWind00
07-20-17, 11:40 PM
I feel lost too... :) change over in 20 mins, so I'm holding out till 5 mins before as I've enough items to upgrade, but now I don't know if I'm still 24 hours behind or on track! By upgrading I'll know. What does your goal icon say? I imagine that once it hits less than 24 hours, it will change from days to hours.

zoroak
07-20-17, 11:41 PM
i dont even know what chapter i should be on anymore... can someone help me? i started the first day when the event was released and it will be midnight in a half hour so that means new chapter but which number because i feel like i am a few behind maybe? i know i was stuck on one for more than a day so...
You should be on chapter 8 and move to chapter 9 in the next 20 mins.

AstronomyDan
07-20-17, 11:52 PM
Yeah, this event was poorly planned to say the least. This "free" dahlia is beyond too late - I'm already past that and it's the pearls that are the problem. I don't see many of the people who started on Day 1 being able to complete this one (there will be a few I'm sure though - those that spent a fair amount of gems I suspect). Those that waited to start this event however probably have a shot at it without blowing too many gems on it.

I'll be curious to see the poll at the end - I doubt it will be very favorable given the fubar from S8 on this one... :(

AnnirasSweets
07-21-17, 12:13 AM
I feel so guilty that my adventures (and before that my temple) have been giving me great drops to help with my upgrades when it seems everyone else is suffering so much.

We're supposed to want to participate in these events not only because we get a prize at the end, but because these timed events are meant to liven up regular game play. S8 was starting to get back on track with the past few updates so I can only hope that this is just a small backslide and our future events will not be such a struggle for so many.

Flowersandgems
07-21-17, 12:36 AM
This morning I received a scorched dahlia bush as a gift from S8. Thank you so much.
I'm thanking the power of the forum. I have only collected from my Onyx Pearl twice and I have 5 Onyx crystals. A long way to go as I should be into day 8. But still hopeful, now the drops seem better.

calicokittennope
07-21-17, 12:39 AM
I really hope a future event includes cannons to get, because those onyx things look like cannonballs.

Also whatever dial they turned up at s8, thank you! What was going to end up taking me 20+ hours if I did not miss every 4 hour click well... I'm done with that part already now and I think this was just the first 4 hour click of it all. I'm onto next chapter due to adventure luck and lucky clicks. Sometimes insomnia isn't so bad even if I'd rather be sleeping, but yay.

Uggghhhh though, I didn't know it would reset the timer! It makes sense that it would and if I was more awake I probably would not be saying this at all because I'd totally know it. I had 3 hours left to collect on my tower, upgrading put it back to 7 something.

Really though, please yes on the cannons to make in the sword/armor workshop to go with the cannonball onyx things?

riverly
07-21-17, 12:42 AM
Great news for you, Riverly. Can you please tell me - how did you get enough onyx pearls? I have never had one from adventures, and I have them constantly going.I believe it was right when I leveled up to 7. My adventures started bringing back a lot of pearls. I have ended up with 5 pearls, just from adventures. I do not remember any dropping before that point.

Adding: I looked back at the goals. I remember I was definitely in Chapter 7 when the pearls started dropping.

3mma93D
07-21-17, 12:43 AM
Thanks I will try that

rainsunset
07-21-17, 01:17 AM

You should be on chapter 9 (in a half of hour). Tomorrow will be the last day of event.

Flowersandgems
07-21-17, 01:29 AM
I really hope a future event includes cannons to get, because those onyx things look like cannonballs.

Also whatever dial they turned up at s8, thank you! What was going to end up taking me 20+ hours if I did not miss every 4 hour click well... I'm done with that part already now and I think this was just the first 4 hour click of it all. I'm onto next chapter due to adventure luck and lucky clicks. Sometimes insomnia isn't so bad even if I'd rather be sleeping, but yay.

Uggghhhh though, I didn't know it would reset the timer! It makes sense that it would and if I was more awake I probably would not be saying this at all because I'd totally know it. I had 3 hours left to collect on my tower, upgrading put it back to 7 something.

Really though, please yes on the cannons to make in the sword/armor workshop to go with the cannonball onyx things?

About that resetting the timer. It makes gathering from the temple really scarce. I don't think S8 thought of that.

PurpleScorpion76
07-21-17, 01:40 AM
but i think players who waited to begin will benefit, while those of us who started chapter 1 eagerly on day 1 still will flounder. i've read others say not to start right away and let others deal with the bugs. sigh. for the first time, i see the wisdom there.

Yes I'm going to consider it for next time, I think 3 days might do it.

Antoha078
07-21-17, 01:46 AM
onyx crystal - I alone can not collect them? Timer 4 hours, I have three times, 3 - onyx crystal.
For the first upgrade you need 15 pieces, this is 3 days. And then there's still a need for a 50 .... How can this be done in 3 days at all?

PurpleScorpion76
07-21-17, 01:48 AM
You should be on chapter 8 and move to chapter 9 in the next 20 mins.

Yeah I've got no hope, I'm still on chapter 6 only one onyx petals needed to get to chapter 7. So I'm officially 2 days behind. I play all da,y time my collections, rarely miss due to working from home, my only issue at the moment I can't play during the night and if I sleep over what would be considered normal hours because of health I lose out, for example I woke at just before 9 this morning, but in contrast did do a last collection at just after midnight, but most days I'm asleep by 10 wake at any time after 7. With these onyx crystals needing so many I can't see it changing, on another note, if I don't get Gemma back does that mean she's gone forever, or will she miraculously reappear the next time?

PurpleScorpion76
07-21-17, 01:51 AM
I feel so guilty that my adventures (and before that my temple) have been giving me great drops to help with my upgrades when it seems everyone else is suffering so much.

We're supposed to want to participate in these events not only because we get a prize at the end, but because these timed events are meant to liven up regular game play. S8 was starting to get back on track with the past few updates so I can only hope that this is just a small backslide and our future events will not be such a struggle for so many.

I felt like that with one of the last events, I was struggling, but far ahead than others, my game always seemed to be middle of the road, until this event. So I'm right there completely understanding what others are saying with this event.

Addition: I've just remembered the Tea Party event, and I didn't finish that either. So I've been there before, but not as bad as this.

cavegirl1
07-21-17, 02:06 AM
Yes I'm going to consider it for next time, I think 3 days might do it.

Yes, it is definitely worth delaying starting. I have done this for the last few storybooks and it can make a difference - very much so this time.

So I am always very grateful (and give a very big thanks) to those who do start on time and have to work through the pain points !

danosnos
07-21-17, 02:11 AM
The free dahlia was most welcome but way much too late. Got stuck for days in chap 6 waiting for 20 onyx petals that just don't drop from every collection. Just leveled up to chap 7 but with only 2 days left & now have to collect 15 onyx crystals from the onyx pearl which has a 4-hour timer....no way anybody can make it. ����