PDA

View Full Version : Seven Cursed Seas LEADERBOARD July 7 2017

kooky panda
07-06-17, 10:37 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37297&d=1499363757 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37297&d=1499363757)

AuroraLava
07-06-17, 10:56 AM
New Leaderboard.

Until someone gets a better pic...here be dragons. Argggggh (I guess this is pirate talk)

NeidusBluetip
07-06-17, 01:11 PM
Really liking the central dragon design, but there's still 2 days left on the Tales event sidebar and I just do NOT understand why S8 won't give players a bloody break in between events. It's just one event. After. The. Other. Non stop.

Clark_Wayne
07-06-17, 01:42 PM
Really liking the central dragon design, but there's still 2 days left on the Tales event sidebar and I just do NOT understand why S8 won't give players a bloody break in between events. It's just one event. After. The. Other. Non stop.

because they need money ;)

good design :)

PinkBubbles75
07-06-17, 02:12 PM
I kind of like the dragon on the far left.. I wonder about typings?? Is it just me or does something seem different about the quality of these dragons? These along with the ones from the last leaderboard seem... different...

harobeda
07-06-17, 02:48 PM
I kind of like the dragon on the far left.. I wonder about typings?? Is it just me or does something seem different about the quality of these dragons? These along with the ones from the last leaderboard seem... different...

I agree they look different! Flatter maybe? They seem more hastily made, less nuanced than previous prize dragons.

sophiensissi
07-06-17, 06:23 PM
I'm getting ready, but will interfere with my Las Vegas trip... hmmm the dilemma. good luck everyone! I like the look of these dragons.

sophiensissi
07-06-17, 06:25 PM

I agree, I like the anchor dragon on the left. The hook dragon in the middle is cool too though. The one on the right looks like his sails are a little wounded.

Feenfunke
07-07-17, 01:03 AM
I like only the price dragon in the middle - Hook. He is looking pretty cool. But there will be no way to get it. No food and no gold. I will only make my regular things like breeding my dragons and harvesting and saving food - and battling to finish the Basilisk Dragon - an will use this time as a break.

ksbmommy
07-07-17, 07:07 AM
I really like the look of these dragons!

So glad I passed on Tales and the stress that comes with it. With the way events are coming out now, I've learned to pick and choose what's important to my and my game. I won't be able to get everything so I work on what I find fun.

vesstrina
07-07-17, 09:14 AM
I really like the look of these dragons!

So glad I passed on Tales and the stress that comes with it. With the way events are coming out now, I've learned to pick and choose what's important to my and my game. I won't be able to get everything so I work on what I find fun.

This is exactly what i've been doing. I find the game so much more enjoyable. I only went so far as getting the first dragon in the tales event, then went on to play Bingo. I really enjoy it. It helps to not get burnt-out on the game, which I don't want to do. Its a game, and its my way to relax and have fun!

RhodryMaelwaedd
07-07-17, 10:01 AM
This is exactly what i've been doing. I find the game so much more enjoyable. I only went so far as getting the first dragon in the tales event, then went on to play Bingo. I really enjoy it. It helps to not get burnt-out on the game, which I don't want to do. Its a game, and its my way to relax and have fun!

Same here. Only difference is that I also got the second dragon. But although I was completely "on schedule" at that point, I decided to quit. No use in getting stressed to complete day 8-10.

starship412
07-07-17, 10:52 AM
Are you kidding me? Another leaderboard where you have to spend food? Give us better food production. No one, except, sacks (a word that rhymes with it) can spread food like that.

ksbmommy
07-07-17, 11:36 AM
Are you kidding me? Another leaderboard where you have to spend food? Give us better food production. No one, except, sacks (a word that rhymes with it) can spread food like that.

I'm skipping that............

I had the food from skipping tales (my choice) but I chose to feed a couple of my non-champion, good battlers. They've got to do something with the food production, it is officially insane! Some of my dragons can never go higher because of it (looking at you Dark One, Supreme). With one bite at over 25k apples on some of these it's out of control!!!!!

angelfish1212
07-07-17, 11:53 AM
Well it looks like they still aren't listening to our feedback. Yet another event with a stupid feeding side quest and the final milestone requires a boatload of points. Give us better crops already, I'm not spending gold to buy food. The milestones are alright, Galleon is easy to win and hopefully I can reach Hook which I've never been able to breed. I already have Pirate and I don't know if 10.5k points is attainable at my current rate. If the group I'm in isn't super competitive I may go for Dread Captain, but I'm not entering a gold-slinging contest over some pixels.

Hartoled
07-07-17, 12:33 PM
Instead of making habitats that make our dragons look like infants, they should make habitats that make our faves look Epic. Feeding them ain't happening soon, the way these events hog food.

FireballFarm
07-07-17, 12:34 PM
Pass. I've never before skipped a Leaderboard event. They are actually my favorite event because I like the way we can earn older dragons and sometimes a premium habitat as milestones. The structure was well thought-out and fun, and the variety of prizes offered as milestones made it so there was something cool to work towards for every player at every xp level. I loved the fact that you could participate and earn milestones with only a few changes to your normal gameplay.

Or, I guess I should say Leaderboards WERE my favorite event until they changed the structure. I don't want to feed up an event dragon as part of the event. I want to feed the dragons of MY choice. My food is hard-earned and I want to use it at my discretion, to feed the dragons I find aesthetically pleasing, or ones that will be useful to me in the Battle Arena.

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to make players feel like they are being used, coerced, or mugged.

This lame attempt by S8 to empty eveyone's food coffers during every event in hopes we will spend money/gold buying more food is ****ing the game. Out of my dozens of friends, I've only gotten 2 requests for the DT item (a map, I think it is?). Seems to me like lots of long time players who were/are big spenders are either quitting the game or ignoring the events.

Edit: forgot to add- none of these dragons, and not even the milestones or the habitat, are attractive to me. There is so much that could have been done with a pirate/sea/ship theme. Very disappointing. Many of the new dragons have been below average lately, imho. I'd say that is likely the result of way too many new dragons being constantly pumped out over the past year. It's too much, all the time: too many dragons, too many events stacked on top of each other, too much food needed to feed dragons, too much money being charged for items, too much, too much.

starship412
07-07-17, 12:37 PM
And why is the last milestone 10.5K points when it's a garbage color combo - purple/red? I mean, really, purple/red is only useful in the Battle Arena once in a great while and Corsair is not exactly a dragon that screams "get me, get me". Since the prize dragon is a champion dragon, I will just give up trying to get it before the event even starts because I know I'll be in a gold spender group with at least one tacker (word that rhymes with tacker). It's okay though, I have enough champions for now and will be perfectly content to stop at Hook.

Hartoled
07-07-17, 12:46 PM
The last LB that I spent any significant amount on was the one with the Pyramid Dragon. I was so happy to get him and all of his friends and habitats. Then they nerfed him. Last LB I finished at 13th. I used to spend an embarrassing quantity of gold on LBs. Now that I know they'll just make the prizes breedable or even ruin them completely, why bother? The feeding thing is just a new insult heaped on top of injuries.

I literally just visited friends all day yesterday, not even bothering to take my Bingo dragons off the Dens. When I did, I went from zero to 4th place in no time. That tells me that I'm not the only one not playing.

leo2010leo
07-07-17, 12:52 PM
I've completed DT, but I'm more or less skipping this LB. The only dragon I like is the first dragon, so why bother? And I'm definitely not going to feed a third red/white/blue dragon to a high level, after getting a Fungi 14 and a Sailor 12 with that same color combination.

CatSS4
07-07-17, 01:27 PM
When I first started playing this game over 4 yrs ago, there would be pages and pages of players posting tips and ideas. Would take me hrs to read through the pages. Now can read them in 10 mins. Many of my nbrs have quit playing. I used to spend gold to complete competitions and leaderboards. But now-no break in between new challenges, exorbitant demand for food-can not afford to keep up, nor the time ro play intensely. I need to work to pay my bills. Have stopped visiting people, just sending gold and maps.
The dragons for this Leaderboard are not appealing. I will only do what I need to do. Will get what I get. No more gold will be spent. And I will not waste my precious, hard earned apples to feed a dragon I don't want. I think my time playing DS is coming to an end. I added how much real cash I spent on this game in 4 yrs-was over $5000. Now I am regretting it. It was fun for quite awhile, but no longer

busybee222
07-07-17, 07:05 PM
Guess for the first time I am force to skip the leaderboard, usually I always reached the last milestone, but sadly now I have no more food to feed and already spent 270 gold to buy apples to complete the tales. Good luck to everyone trying.

DR0G0N
07-07-17, 07:22 PM
With 2 nests, 2 temples, and a den; I usually have a hard time reaching the last dragon from previous leaderboard (I tend to only get the 2nd dragon). Now that the stake is raised even higher...haha...yea...luckily I'm just excited about Hook.

retseho
07-07-17, 08:28 PM

Me too. I stopped after getting Nomad & the first apples reward. I like it's appearance, just like Little Hero.
For this LB, getting the 2x2 habitat is my goal. I already have Hook & Pirate. Cosair is too far to reach without depleting apples or gold.
As someone posted, the 1st milestone dragon is just a Rare & I have an Ultra with the same colors, so no need to waste apples feeding it for points.
The only dragon "worth" trying for is the Grand Prize as it is a hybrid Champion & Ultra rare. As only the top two gets it, after spending lots of gold & apples in competitive groups, I'll play leisurely to get the habitat. Previous events, I had to WORK frantically to finish them. Many of us need a break & the only way is to play selectively & set lower goals for these non-stop events.

ozigal
07-07-17, 09:06 PM
I too will not complete this leaderboard, Hook will be my goal. 10.5k is way too high for me,not knocking myself out,that's just hard work and not a game. I think that WE caused a lot of damage to this game, depleted our stocks and was exhausting. Then the tales ,I didn't go past Sailor, and glad I didn't have the resources as the tourney was bad enough without crossing paths with the tales. I got an ickey feeling this game is on the way out.

Kennedward
07-07-17, 09:40 PM
because they need money ;)

good design :)

lol i like your comment

Kennedward
07-07-17, 09:41 PM
When I first started playing this game over 4 yrs ago, there would be pages and pages of players posting tips and ideas. Would take me hrs to read through the pages. Now can read them in 10 mins. Many of my nbrs have quit playing. I used to spend gold to complete competitions and leaderboards. But now-no break in between new challenges, exorbitant demand for food-can not afford to keep up, nor the time ro play intensely. I need to work to pay my bills. Have stopped visiting people, just sending gold and maps.
The dragons for this Leaderboard are not appealing. I will only do what I need to do. Will get what I get. No more gold will be spent. And I will not waste my precious, hard earned apples to feed a dragon I don't want. I think my time playing DS is coming to an end. I added how much real cash I spent on this game in 4 yrs-was over $5000. Now I am regretting it. It was fun for quite awhile, but no longer

Agreed, that's also why I left

pernmagic
07-08-17, 12:14 AM
I'm skipping that............

I had the food from skipping tales (my choice) but I chose to feed a couple of my non-champion, good battlers. They've got to do something with the food production, it is officially insane! Some of my dragons can never go higher because of it (looking at you Dark One, Supreme). With one bite at over 25k apples on some of these it's out of control!!!!!

Skipped the last two and brought Supreme to L15 instead with saved food .....this one , I already have Hook so not spending gold or making too much effort for colour combos I already have .....

Florr06
07-08-17, 04:00 AM
7.2k for the second dragon is ridiculous IMO... my highest score ever in a LB was around 5.5k and that was with plenty of boosting. But even with my relatively low scores I could get 2 dragons most of the time.
I just got a 3rd nest and that should get me around 700 points extra - 7,200 is impossible for me though. Disappointing.
I constantly read about people scoring massive points from the spinning wheel because some players in their league are way ahead and collecting all milestones this way - unfortunately this has never happened to me...

Florr06
07-08-17, 04:26 AM
Is the Smuggler's Cove habitat a small habitat like the Diamond habitat and Sun Dias?

ksbmommy
07-08-17, 06:47 AM
Yes, I just tried to place mine and that's what it is showing. I personally like this size.

NeidusBluetip
07-08-17, 06:54 AM
I constantly read about people scoring massive points from the spinning wheel because some players in their league are way ahead and collecting all milestones this way - unfortunately this has never happened to me...

Yeah, it kind of doesn't take into account about how some people's spins, the majority might land on the stupid booby prop prizes, or just coins :/

NeidusBluetip
07-08-17, 06:55 AM
With 2 nests, 2 temples, and a den; I usually have a hard time reaching the last dragon from previous leaderboard (I tend to only get the 2nd dragon). Now that the stake is raised even higher...haha...yea...luckily I'm just excited about Hook.

Yeah that's what I've been thinking as well. It's insane how much they've raised the requirements now. For the final prize dragon, it used to be what, like, 7.2k-8k? Now at a whopping 10.5k, that is unbelievably high expectations...

Carbuck
07-08-17, 07:13 AM
Yeah that's what I've been thinking as well. It's insane how much they've raised the requirements now. For the final prize dragon, it used to be what, like, 7.2k-8k? Now at a whopping 10.5k, that is unbelievably high expectations...

Definitely crazy amounts. I won't be going far on this one.

serpentray
07-08-17, 07:20 AM
Yeah, it kind of doesn't take into account about how some people's spins, the majority might land on the stupid booby prop prizes, or just coins :/

Yes... Already the proud owner of 8! Pirate's Path tiles.... :(

Monichiwa
07-08-17, 10:08 AM
I personally don't like this new trend of 2x2 habitats. Only held two dragons and look ridiculously small compared with all the other habitats. I would prefer a regular habitat, 4x4 and with capacity for 3 or 4 dragons. But oh well, higher requirements and worse prices... that's the thing now.

random59
07-08-17, 01:34 PM
Is the Smuggler's Cove habitat a small habitat like the Diamond habitat and Sun Dias?

Yes, it holds 2 dragons!

hennarhennar
07-08-17, 05:42 PM
agreed, that's also why i left

here.....!!!!

hennarhennar
07-08-17, 05:43 PM

And here too .... !!!!

hennarhennar
07-08-17, 05:46 PM
This event is worthless ....
Ugly dragons
Repeated dragons ...
And just to spend our meals ....
And if you have to spend your money to buy it .... !!!

chumpvillian
07-08-17, 09:15 PM
My game crashed on me just now when I spun the wheel. It showed me getting the treasure chest, but crashed before I knew how many points I had won. When I reopened the game it showed that I now have 571 points, which is enough to win the Galleon dragon, yet he is not in my storage.
Where can I submit a ticket on this glitch?

Moonyju
07-08-17, 11:14 PM
My game crashed on me just now when I spun the wheel. It showed me getting the treasure chest, but crashed before I knew how many points I had won. When I reopened the game it showed that I now have 571 points, which is enough to win the Galleon dragon, yet he is not in my storage.
Where can I submit a ticket on this glitch?

HI! When viewing your storage, check that you are in the "All" tab... sometimes prizes are there but don't appear in the proper tab. Also, have you tried closing the game (or force closing it) then reopening it?
Sometimes we have to restart our devices, too.

If that doesn't work, I believe you can contact S8 through a link here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95181-ANNOUNCEMENT-Contact-Storm8-Support-via-Form

Varinamom
07-09-17, 10:19 AM
It is awfully hard to get ahead when the game crashes before the wheel stops spinning. Ugh!

Carbuck
07-09-17, 11:18 AM
Yes... Already the proud owner of 8! Pirate's Path tiles.... :(

I've accumulated 4 so far myself. LOL! Hopefully you will start landing on some food or leaderboard points.

Good luck!

chumpvillian
07-09-17, 03:10 PM
HI! When viewing your storage, check that you are in the "All" tab... sometimes prizes are there but don't appear in the proper tab. Also, have you tried closing the game (or force closing it) then reopening it?
Sometimes we have to restart our devices, too.

If that doesn't work, I believe you can contact S8 through a link here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95181-ANNOUNCEMENT-Contact-Storm8-Support-via-Form

Thank you for your response. I had force closed the game to no avail, but the next time I collected a point, it gave it to me. I will remember your other tips for future reference. :)

byteme77
07-09-17, 06:27 PM
Definitely crazy amounts. I won't be going far on this one.

yeah its gettin that way im sure the last tales was a crazy silly amount as well , even with 3 nests 2 evovles going 24/7

RockyMts
07-10-17, 05:50 AM
You can not put two of the milestone dragons Hook or Pirate in either Buccaner Bay or Smugglers Cove. Did S8 even try to co ordinate the dragons and the habitats for this event? Buccaner Bay states only pirates can enter but apparently not all pirates.

RockyMts
07-10-17, 06:08 AM
Elsa can Buccaner bay be changed to include Red so Hook and Pirate two milestone pirates in this event can be placed there?

RockyMts
07-10-17, 10:00 AM
Kooky could you advise S8 that two of the milestone dragon in this event. hook and Pirate can not be placed with the habitats connected with this event. they do not have the required colors. This is a HUGE MISTAKE,

kooky panda
07-10-17, 10:22 AM
You can not put two of the milestone dragons Hook or Pirate in either Buccaner Bay or Smugglers Cove. Did S8 even try to co ordinate the dragons and the habitats for this event? Buccaner Bay states only pirates can enter but apparently not all pirates.

Elsa can Buccaner bay be changed to include Red so Hook and Pirate two milestone pirates in this event can be placed there?

Kooky could you advise S8 that two of the milestone dragon in this event. hook and Pirate can not be placed with the habitats connected with this event. they do not have the required colors. This is a HUGE MISTAKE,
I will pass this over.

RockyMts
07-10-17, 10:26 AM
Thank you

Carbuck
07-10-17, 10:43 AM

Whoa! That's ridiculous. Thanks for pointing this out.

kooky panda
07-10-17, 02:26 PM

A community manager is checking into this. We should have a response shortly.

starship412
07-10-17, 04:50 PM
Oh I'm not going to even get into the *****s in this game when it comes to leaderboards. The last leaderboard I was in had a player who had like over 40000 points early and I checked out their island because that was seriously unusual and I found that all their habitats were premium habitats and they had a bunch of premium items used for gaining points like about 20 of them. I knew what that was about but I didn't report them. I figured eventually they'll get caught for tracking (word that rhymes with it because I can't say the actual word).

[S8] Elsa
07-10-17, 05:35 PM
Oh I'm not going to even get into the *****s in this game when it comes to leaderboards. The last leaderboard I was in had a player who had like over 40000 points early and I checked out their island because that was seriously unusual and I found that all their habitats were premium habitats and they had a bunch of premium items used for gaining points like about 20 of them. I knew what that was about but I didn't report them. I figured eventually they'll get caught for tracking (word that rhymes with it because I can't say the actual word).

Feel free to send me a PM with more information.

starship412
07-10-17, 05:52 PM
Elsa;1434401']Feel free to send me a PM with more information.

I will if I see that kind of thing again, Elsa. I don't remember the user's name but I know the field is definitely even for this leaderboard.

JustKay
07-10-17, 09:01 PM

How can u tell this is a *****er and not just a really rich gold buying person? I heard the points giving decor u can have up to 10 of each.

kooky panda
07-11-17, 07:31 AM

Sorry RockyMts, but I did get word back and this is intended and not a mistake. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

starship412
07-11-17, 07:55 AM
How can u tell this is a *****er and not just a really rich gold buying person? I heard the points giving decor u can have up to 10 of each.

When someone has all premium habitats and no regular habs at all on their island it tends to be very suspicious.

RockyMts
07-11-17, 08:08 AM
Wonderful! you have 4 milestone dragons but only 2 can go in the 7 new slots conected to the event. What marvelous planing. And they expect people to buy. bucannar Bay. Unfortunately I did before I realized the rediculous situation. If this was truely intended and not a mistake they can not fix S8 needs a new planing team. Perhaps they got rid of the wrong people when they lost 50% Of their staff.

random59
07-11-17, 12:49 PM
When someone has all premium habitats and no regular habs at all on their island it tends to be very suspicious.

Why, I have been playing for nearly four and a half years, I have all the GPD and very few normal habitats. If I want to buy premium habitats I do and I have only manage to finish in the top 2 about 4 times.

When I started playing the game was very Gold friendly, you earned gold 30 for installing a pop up game then another 14 for getting to a certain level and another 7 for reaching another level. We could quest for gold as well as getting it during the tournaments Rounds 15,20 and 25. GPD's went on sale for 400 gold.

Some players will speed breed to get a certain dragon when sometimes it just easier to buy it, the same applies for decor I suppose. We choose what we want to buy.

FireballFarm
07-11-17, 02:14 PM
Why, I have been playing for nearly four and a half years, I have all the GPD and very few normal habitats. If I want to buy premium habitats I do and I have only manage to finish in the top 2 about 4 times.

When I started playing the game was very Gold friendly, you earned gold 30 for installing a pop up game then another 14 for getting to a certain level and another 7 for reaching another level. We could quest for gold as well as getting it during the tournaments Rounds 15,20 and 25. GPD's went on sale for 400 gold.

Some players will speed breed to get a certain dragon when sometimes it just easier to buy it, the same applies for decor I suppose. We choose what we want to buy.

Yep. Many of the neighbors who I friended back in the 'good old days' have mostly, if not all, premium habitats. I don't see a whole lot of the new premium habitats, though, mostly lots of the upgraded primary habitats and the ones available for 250-300 gold. Upgrading used to be reasonable because we could earn small amounts of gold regularly (which also inspired players to spend real money...)

These posts really highlight how the many negative changes to the game have affected players. What the game is today is totally different than what it used to be. :( I was just looking at the current tourney line up and thinking about when we used to get gold every time we beat a Champ round.

starship412
07-11-17, 03:02 PM

The player I was talking about had zero normal habitats, not a one. I do understand that there's people who legitimately buy premium habitats and d?cor but this person's island was ridiculous. Even when someone uses gold a lot in the game they at least have one normal habitat.

[S8] Elsa
07-11-17, 03:15 PM
Please return to the topic of the main thread. If you need to report a player for inappropriate activity, please contact Support for assistance. Thank you! :)

Gladiola8
07-11-17, 08:31 PM
Just wondering why Storm8 can't give us the regular size of habitant instead of the tiny one. I don't think it will cost them much by being a little generous.

Dragosle
07-11-17, 09:07 PM
Just wondering why Storm8 can't give us the regular size of habitant instead of the tiny one. I don't think it will cost them much by being a little generous.

It's because of the limited land issue for old and long-time players.

Gladiola8
07-12-17, 04:23 AM
It's because of the limited land issue for old and long-time players.

I'm a long time player, the habitat looks more like decoration to me so tiny.

JustKay
07-12-17, 06:25 PM
I'm a long time player, the habitat looks more like decoration to me so tiny.

It's for players that have all the dragons, and no space left even with a maxed out stable and all their habitats are premium 4/5 dragon habitats. The smaller habitats allow 8 dragons in the same space u would normally only be able to host max 5

JustKay
07-12-17, 06:40 PM
Does anybody know what points u can get at each level of raising Galleon? I want to know if its worth it raising past lvl10

dragonfliesplace
07-12-17, 09:23 PM
Does anybody know what points u can get at each level of raising Galleon? I want to know if its worth it raising past lvl10

I raised mine to 12 while on a 1.5 boost..i don't quite remember but it was around 150 200. I dont know if it was extra cos of boost. For me it was worth the crowns. To get to 13 gives 400 crown. I couldn't finish tales so used the food here because suprisingly galleon isn't super hungry per level

random59
07-13-17, 02:21 AM

To take it from Level 14 to 15 is a 1000 points but it takes just under 100,000 food.

JustKay
07-14-17, 03:03 AM
I raised mine to 12 while on a 1.5 boost..i don't quite remember but it was around 150 200. I dont know if it was extra cos of boost. For me it was worth the crowns. To get to 13 gives 400 crown. I couldn't finish tales so used the food here because suprisingly galleon isn't super hungry per level

To take it from Level 14 to 15 is a 1000 points but it takes just under 100,000 food.

Thanks! Seems like it might help with making the milestones, but seeing as my group leader currently has almost 14000 points already it's not going to bridge that gap by far.

From the last leaderboard with Dusk, I think the boost doesn't apply to these goal reward points. Same with FFS the last leaderboard.

Gladiola8
07-14-17, 06:21 AM
It's for players that have all the dragons, and no space left even with a maxed out stable and all their habitats are premium 4/5 dragon habitats. The smaller habitats allow 8 dragons in the same space u would normally only be able to host max 5

Yes, it does make sense. I'm running out of space myself.

graovac
07-14-17, 10:52 AM
Smuglers cave? What is this mini habbitat,again?!
Ok storm8 next game update I suggest you to downsize all habbitat to save space and land. So now my magic lvl 15 can walk in the nest.
No more habbitats only mini nests!

Hartoled
07-14-17, 02:17 PM
I'm sure that they still want to encourage new players to expand, but I do like to use the smaller basic habitats, in some places, just for the sake of decoration. Since I don't need the coins, it's nice to have smaller footprints, or the ability to deviate from the 4X4 straightjacket.

starship412
07-14-17, 04:14 PM
Got my Hook Dragon. Time for me to drop out of this leaderboard. Good luck to all of you.

Phoenix406
07-14-17, 04:39 PM
My Galleon dragon is currently level 10, waiting to go to level 11. It will reward me with 175 points when I do that. I don't know about points after that. It is going to cost 30,000 food to go from level 10 - level 11. I will probably be able to raise him to level 12 with the amount of food I currently have. I'm going to use a boost. Even thought I know I won't win the grand prize dragon, I want to meet as many milestones as possible and, if I'm lucky, place high enough to get some Mystic Maps.

Carbuck
07-14-17, 04:47 PM
Got my Hook Dragon. Time for me to drop out of this leaderboard. Good luck to all of you.

I am aiming for that one also. Congratulations!

ozigal
07-14-17, 07:16 PM
FOR SALE: Pirate Paths going dirt cheap....Geeze Louise I don't need anymore.

sophiensissi
07-14-17, 07:56 PM
My Galleon dragon is currently level 10, waiting to go to level 11. It will reward me with 175 points when I do that. I don't know about points after that. It is going to cost 30,000 food to go from level 10 - level 11. I will probably be able to raise him to level 12 with the amount of food I currently have. I'm going to use a boost. Even thought I know I won't win the grand prize dragon, I want to meet as many milestones as possible and, if I'm lucky, place high enough to get some Mystic Maps.

Does anyone know if hatching the other milestone dragons gives the same options of feeding it for more leaderboard points? I think all of them did the last time, right? This time is it only the first dragon? And, how much food for each level? Thank you!

random59
07-14-17, 11:05 PM
FOR SALE: Pirate Paths going dirt cheap....Geeze Louise I don't need anymore.

Yes please, I need 6, will supply 42 crowns from a gold casket, nearly cried when I saw the total, have received 37 crowns from a bronze casket!

ozigal
07-15-17, 12:02 AM
Yes please, I need 6, will supply 42 crowns from a gold casket, nearly cried when I saw the total, have received 37 crowns from a bronze casket!
Yes one gets real excited when it does actually land on a casket, you would expect a gold casket would have a decent amount of crowns.. I'll get those paths shipped to u straight away. Lol

pernmagic
07-15-17, 12:25 AM

Already have Hook from previous so dropped out a while ago .....but good luck to others ....

AnnirasSweets
07-15-17, 09:06 AM
I now have over 10.5K points however I wasn't given the last 3 dragons? What gives? I've done the regular reboots and whatnot but still no dragons. Not a happy camper!

Never mind, they suddenly showed up all at once, while hatching another egg. How odd.

Carbuck
07-15-17, 01:39 PM
I now have over 10.5K points however I wasn't given the last 3 dragons? What gives? I've done the regular reboots and whatnot but still no dragons. Not a happy camper!

Never mind, they suddenly showed up all at once, while hatching another egg. How odd.

Thank goodness they finally showed up! Congratulations!

sophiensissi
07-15-17, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know if hatching the other milestone dragons gives the same options of feeding it for more leaderboard points? I think all of them did the last time, right? This time is it only the first dragon? And, how much food for each level? Thank you!

Anyone?

random59
07-15-17, 07:57 PM
Anyone?

No, was only the 1st dragon.

AnnirasSweets
07-16-17, 03:45 AM
Thank goodness they finally showed up! Congratulations!

Thanks. I won't lie, I was super freaked out that all that hard work and time was for nothing. It should probably worry me how affected I can get by this silly game.

FieldsLikeB
07-16-17, 07:07 AM
My spinner has given me pirate paths FOUR times in a row, hey. Grrrrr...

nicsdragonisle
07-16-17, 10:27 AM
Yes please, I need 6, will supply 42 crowns from a gold casket, nearly cried when I saw the total, have received 37 crowns from a bronze casket! I must be REALLY lucky...won 60 crowns from the gold chest I just spun. Lucky me! I'll surely catch up to my 16,000+ 1st place leader in no time with spins like these!!

Carbuck
07-16-17, 12:01 PM
thanks. I won't lie, i was super freaked out that all that hard work and time was for nothing. It should probably worry me how affected i can get by this silly game.

lol!

Carbuck
07-16-17, 12:09 PM
My spinner has given me pirate paths FOUR times in a row, hey. Grrrrr...

Yikes! I've got 14 so far and 3 skullstones. Storage is growing bigger with each spin!

JustKay
07-16-17, 11:10 PM

Ur thinking world events. For leaderboards we've only ever had one points goal line.

JustKay
07-16-17, 11:12 PM
I've gotten my first warning from my partner about this game.... not sure if I can even login for the finish :( been walking on eggshells recently, lest I be made to walk the plank

Hartoled
07-17-17, 12:28 AM
OK, this has been going on all week. Did they rig the breeding to throw only rares for this event? Bingo has been impossible trying to get commons. I got 4 Paradise and a Planet trying to get a Charm. I get Elders for Fuzzies and Mammoths for Lucks. Worst week of Bingo ever.

leo2010leo
07-17-17, 02:43 AM
OK, this has been going on all week. Did they rig the breeding to throw only rares for this event? Bingo has been impossible trying to get commons. I got 4 Paradise and a Planet trying to get a Charm. I get Elders for Fuzzies and Mammoths for Lucks. Worst week of Bingo ever.
I've got quite a lot of Mists and a couple of Lifes. At the same time there were a Royal and an Iridecent, the first ones since I started playing.
I'd like to have your luck, as I've still got neither an Elder nor a Mammoth.

amerirish
07-17-17, 09:05 AM
I'm not going to make it to Corsair :( I have exactly 22 Pirate Paths in my storage right now :mad: I wasn't able to get the extra points by leveling up Galleon because the last 2 events have destroyed my food storage. I decided to just try and hope I make the final milestone without doing that task. On top of all that, I had a party at my house this weekend so just didn't have time to devote to this mess of a game. My count right now is 8,617 out of the 10,500 needed. Even the first place player in my group is at 9,436 - so with one day left it's doubtful that anyone in my group will get the final prize. I just can't express how bitterly disappointing this game has become.

starship412
07-17-17, 10:47 AM
Thank goodness I got my Hook Dragon. I've been off the game for a couple of days so hopefully I can be in 13th place or below. Hopefully my strategy will pay off. You ladies and gents, I'm tanking the Leaderboard on purpose because Hook was the only milestone I wanted, lol.

starship412
07-17-17, 10:48 AM
Thank goodness I got my Hook Dragon. I've been off the game for a couple of days so hopefully I can be in 13th place or below. Hopefully my strategy will pay off. Yes ladies and gents, I'm tanking the Leaderboard on purpose because Hook was the only milestone I wanted, lol.

Carbuck
07-17-17, 01:42 PM
By leveling Galleon to 14 I just got the last milestone (Corsair). This is the first time I've made it to the last milestone since the game has demanded such high points.

Anaboe
07-17-17, 02:52 PM
I'm number one in my leaderboard since the start and dunno if I'll even make it to Corsair... This is a weird event...

amerirish
07-17-17, 09:28 PM
This will be the first LB that I don't make it to the last milestone prize. Beyond disappointing to say the least.

pernmagic
07-18-17, 12:33 AM
In a sensible group this time but ........ Happily sitting at 19th on LB , just reached Hook but already have him so no incentive to play .....

nicsdragonisle
07-18-17, 06:25 AM
Sitting at 8270 with the leaders at 20K and 17K on one game. On my other game no one will even reach Pirate which was my goal there so I could trade him. Spins & milestones were more generous with points on my one game. Lots of tiles and coins on my other.
Corsair was never even an option for me -- haven't made last milestone since they upped points needed.

HypnoMama
07-18-17, 09:14 AM
So here I am trying to breed a hook dragon....i don't have any just red and black so I breed my fairytale dragon with a punk dragon (red white and black). First I got a luck dragon. Then I get a freaking diamond dragon!!!!!!! (My second, but I got my first shortly after starting and nothing since then in a year and a half). So still no hook dragon so I breed them again. Landworm. So I try again.....ANOTHER freaking diamond dragon!!!! The other one is still in the nest incubating and I'm breeding another diamond dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!! (None of these were boosted!). So I'm on here to share my overwhelming excitement cuz this is amazing and no one else cares lol. My 5 year old has politely asked me to stop talking about it lmao. So Yes, I highly recommend punk and fairytale if you want a diamond!!! Oh I'm so excited....the possibilities!!!!

JustKay
07-18-17, 09:20 AM
So here I am trying to breed a hook dragon....i don't have any just red and black so I breed my fairytale dragon with a punk dragon (red white and black). First I got a luck dragon. Then I get a freaking diamond dragon!!!!!!! (My second, but I got my first shortly after starting and nothing since then in a year and a half). So still no hook dragon so I breed them again. Landworm. So I try again.....ANOTHER freaking diamond dragon!!!! The other one is still in the nest incubating and I'm breeding another diamond dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!! (None of these were boosted!). So I'm on here to share my overwhelming excitement cuz this is amazing and no one else cares lol. My 5 year old has politely asked me to stop talking about it lmao. So Yes, I highly recommend punk and fairytale if you want a diamond!!! Oh I'm so excited....the possibilities!!!!

That is a pretty lucky breeding session! You can never have too many diamonds in your lineup in a tourney!

agradragon
07-18-17, 09:36 AM
I managed to finally make it to Corsair but it is not showing up in storage. Can someone please help. I spent a lot of gold to finish.

amerirish
07-18-17, 09:41 AM
I'm about 900 points short for Corsair. Oh well, one more nail in the coffin of this game for me. It's quickly becoming too boring & frustrating to keep on. I just know there will come a day when I flat out delete the app.

Jojocl141587
07-18-17, 10:06 AM

Wow!!! So lucky. I got a Rainbow Dragon at level 12 as s fail. I was trying for I forget what now but I was much more happy with the fail lol. Spread your luck this way. I'm DYING for a Diamond Dragon

divanightclub
07-18-17, 10:23 AM
This is always a nail biting event, with just 5-10 minutes left, 2nd-4th place turned on their gold boosts, so I had no choice to boost also,cause I was in 1st place with 14,708 points. From 1st-4th place, we were only 200 points apart before the clock stopped. Thank God I still remained in first place to get Dread Captain.

Shocked that I've won the last 2 leaderboard events.I know for sure I'll be placed in a more competitive group next time. But I'm just glad this event is over...

kooky panda
07-18-17, 10:25 AM
Hey guys, please keep the posts about the Leaderboard. There are other threads for discussing breeding and also specific Dragon threads you can post on.

Thanks!

Anaboe
07-18-17, 10:50 AM
This sucks sooo hard. When the timer was done, I was 500 points above number 3. Now, I am nummer 3! How the hell can people get points when the timer is already done?

This is ridiculous! I am soooo mad!

Florr06
07-18-17, 10:57 AM
I feel dirty... raised Galleon from level 13 to 15 in the last 15 minutes - I managed to collect Hook and Pirate which is nice, I didn't expect that before the event, and finished 1st which was my priority - but still, all that food..... :(

saghaven
07-18-17, 11:01 AM
This is actually the first leaderboard I've ever won. My group was actually pretty regular. I was consistently in third place, a few hundred points behind number 2 who was a few hundred points behind number one. Me and #2 went back and forth for the most part. The person who was #4 was like almost 1000 points behind me. Suddenly in the last 2 days, he spring boarded first to #3 and then to #1. There was a value pack on for Wood Nymph with 2000 points which I was always planning to get (the points were awesome but I wanted the dragon) so I have a feeling that person had the same value pack and bought it too because he jumped more than 2000 points. I felt bad for #1 because he/she had been in first place for like the entire LB.

Didn't let it stop me. Went ahead and bought my WN which jumped me to the #1 spot and I kept my fingers crossed that the previous #1 or 2 would jump ahead of the previous #4. Held on to the last feeding for Galleon to get it to 15 just in case old #4 tried boosting, which he did. So that jumped me ahead again. I had to run into a meeting with about an hour left on the board. Wasn't worried too much about my spot but was hoping the original #1 at least got to #2. Came back from meeting and he/she did it. Got enough points to get to #2. So I'm happy for them. Only feel bad for the one who was #2 who ended up at #4.

But I won my first LB which is cool as I NEVER win these things much less get to the last milestone.

Phoenix406
07-18-17, 11:20 AM
@saghaven Congrats on your first win!

I ended up in 4th place, so am happy for the food and maps, and I got all the milestones. I also fared pretty well in Bingo, so I am raking in the prizes today. Oh, and I got a Harvest Dragon on the Spin to Win.

Carbuck
07-18-17, 11:22 AM
I got 2nd place on my main account and 1st place on my other account.

Congratulations to all who achieved their goal!

luckyaa7
07-18-17, 11:50 AM
This sucks sooo hard. When the timer was done, I was 500 points above number 3. Now, I am nummer 3! How the hell can people get points when the timer is already done?

This is ridiculous! I am soooo mad!

Same thing happened to me. Not going to bother with leaderboard anymore..:

harobeda
07-18-17, 11:54 AM
The last few minutes were frenetic in my leaderboard too. For the last few days I'd been 2nd with more than 2000 points above 3rd... had someone who was lower than 4th (not sure what place, but I'd taken a screenshot at 13 minutes until the end and he wasn't on the top 4) suddenly jump to 2nd (a minimum increase of 5000 points on their part) and was ahead of me by 1000 points.

I debated whether I really wanted to go for the 2nd place spot. There was only about 5 minutes left in the event. Decided for it I'd already spent some gold boosting and since at level 200 I don't get too many new dragons and having any new one is appealing. Had to do a bit of speed breeding plus took Galleon up to a 14 which is what helped me get the 2nd place spot back. Cost me most of my food and about 100 gold (but that's just in those last few minutes). Kept my 2nd place by 900 points. Considering my DS app crashed FOUR times in the last 25 minutes of the leaderboard event, I'm lucky I was able to hold onto my spot.

My hands were literally shaking afterwards - which is why I don't like leaderboard events and typically don't worry about 1st/2nd. I usually shoot for the milestones - but since I'm barely doing bingo anymore I figured I'd go for it... this is my first leaderboard "win" since Mama Dragon. I'll probably go back to just milestones next time, I don't like the artificial stress the competition adds!

Anaboe
07-18-17, 11:56 AM
Is there gonna be a poll?

starship412
07-18-17, 01:20 PM
I give this "event" five thumbs, five toes and 20 other body parts down

chuckyt888
07-18-17, 01:41 PM
So to recap we've got.... some people with hands shaking after the end of the event and some people hoping certain unknown leaderboard folks get 2nd over others who are only doing the same thing as everyone else (accumulating points).

Why is it that the majority dislike the leaderboard events again?

kooky panda
07-18-17, 02:10 PM
I managed to finally make it to Corsair but it is not showing up in storage. Can someone please help. I spent a lot of gold to finish.
Please try force closing your game, then check again.
Make sure you hit the " all tab" when you are in your storage.

Clark_Wayne
07-18-17, 02:13 PM
I give this "event" five thumbs, five toes and 20 other body parts down

double it for me ;)

saghaven
07-18-17, 02:40 PM
So to recap we've got.... some people with hands shaking after the end of the event and some people hoping certain unknown leaderboard folks get 2nd over others who are only doing the same thing as everyone else (accumulating points).

I personally am not a fan of the LB events because it makes us compete against each other. The community events and Dragon Tales, even Bingo although it's competitive as well, doesn't pit players against each other the way the LB does. Super or ultra rare dragons that, what 5% of the players may actually be able to get? I know that person was just doing what the rest of us were doing. He was playing the game smartly and I still was rooting for him to not win. I hate that feeling. That's why I don't like the LBs.

DR0G0N
07-18-17, 04:35 PM
With only 2 nests, 2 temples, and a den: I used approximately 200,000 apples and 15 gold to 2x boosts just to reach Hook.

Didn't bother with the side quests since I have tons of dragons I wanted to feed.

Only 1 person reached the last milestone that of course would be 1st place player.

They need to reevaluate the number of points needed to complete the milestones b/c this here is not cool. It was already tough to begin with (rarely reach the last milestone on previous leaderboard, let alone this one).

AnnirasSweets
07-18-17, 04:55 PM
I'm not a fan of the whole Leader Board concept, I much prefer community events so that everyone can have a relatively fair shake at the prizes. I always make sure I put an offer on my board that I'm open to tie for the prize so as many of us can win as possible.

Hawk1
07-18-17, 05:16 PM
I usually only work to get milestone dragons but I wanted Dread Captain, first time I ever wanted the prize dragon. I have won before although I have a lot more bronze than gold or silver trophies and I was ok with that because I wanted the food. Congrats S8 for having a dragon that was worth the time & food.

chuckyt888
07-18-17, 10:13 PM
It's quite clear what they are doing. The only way you can compete in LB is by boosting and feeding the side quest dragon. The only way you can finish the world events is by doing the same. They have resorted to draining the food supplies of players. Barring being able to plant 24/7 (and actually that may still not be enough) nobody will ever be able to feed dragons they want to.

Why are they doing this? Because there are people out there that are spending a lot of real money. They are only concerned with whales at this point because they have lost a big portion of the player base and can't attract new players with these type of tactics (or they won't be around long). They want you to miss out on a dragon so you are tempted to pay for it later when it's inevitably released as a pack.

I don't hold much hope for the future here. It will only get worse. The game is at the end of its life cycle.

JustKay
07-18-17, 11:23 PM

Because for 4 odd years DS has allowed anyone to put gold down and be guaranteed a prize. LB was the first socially competitive element where u might spend gold and get nothing for it. I guess people are still not used to it.

I get an adrenaline rush finish maybe every second LB. Its probably why I keep coming back. Almost all the other events I could give up since it ends up with dragons I storage that I dont want to hatch on my crashing island lest it makes it worse. At least the trophies I can display.

Its interesting to see people can buy thousands of points straight up. 2000 points in an instant for cash? Almost seems unfair to a hard work only player like me but at least its a once off. I guess I'll just have to increase the size of my safety buffer. The leaderboard already doesn't update quick enough in the last minutes and now these large points rewards

chuckyt888
07-19-17, 12:24 AM
Does anyone know how much the higher yielding decoration for this LB was? The #1 player on my board had about 10 of them. It's not the first time anyone has seen this as I've seen others post about players on their LB's having that many in the past. It seems extremely suspicious to me.

chuckyt888
07-19-17, 12:37 AM
Because for 4 odd years DS has allowed anyone to put gold down and be guaranteed a prize. LB was the first socially competitive element where u might spend gold and get nothing for it. I guess people are still not used to it.

I get an adrenaline rush finish maybe every second LB. Its probably why I keep coming back. Almost all the other events I could give up since it ends up with dragons I storage that I dont want to hatch on my crashing island lest it makes it worse. At least the trophies I can display.

Its interesting to see people can buy thousands of points straight up. 2000 points in an instant for cash? Almost seems unfair to a hard work only player like me but at least its a once off. I guess I'll just have to increase the size of my safety buffer. The leaderboard already doesn't update quick enough in the last minutes and now these large points rewards

How is the points for cash pack any different than using gold to get points? If you are winning leaderboards, especially multiple leaderboards, you are using a significant amount of gold to do so. It's either been purchased gold or saved up from GPD's that were purchased with real money... or there is *****ing involved.The only exception would be getting an extremely lucky draw of leaderboard players who could care less (this rarely happens) or the most recent leaderboards where a significant amount of points can be gained by feeding the side quest dragon.

Anaboe
07-19-17, 02:43 AM
Does anyone know how much the higher yielding decoration for this LB was? The #1 player on my board had about 10 of them. It's not the first time anyone has seen this as I've seen others post about players on their LB's having that many in the past. It seems extremely suspicious to me.

325 gold.

Anaboe
07-19-17, 02:48 AM
Still no poll... Wondering if they dare put one up...

kooky panda
07-19-17, 09:41 AM
Still no poll... Wondering if they dare put one up...
Right now I am not doing polls on the Leaderboards, just the other events.
There may be polls for the Leaderboards later on.:)

Hartoled
07-19-17, 01:33 PM
I earned sufficient points from the Wheel to position me so that I could have won the Second Place dragon with about 60 bars and a Bingo boost. However, Leaderboards are an opportunity for us to influence the spending, or not, of other players, so I chose not. I'd rather forego a dragon, at this point, than possibly increasing S8's revenue from the event. If I ran a company, I'd wish to know what had instilled my customers with such animosity. That is not the case here.

Carbuck
07-19-17, 03:09 PM
How is the points for cash pack any different than using gold to get points? If you are winning leaderboards, especially multiple leaderboards, you are using a significant amount of gold to do so. It's either been purchased gold or saved up from GPD's that were purchased with real money... or there is *****ing involved.The only exception would be getting an extremely lucky draw of leaderboard players who could care less (this rarely happens) or the most recent leaderboards where a significant amount of points can be gained by feeding the side quest dragon.

On my main account I have 6 GPD. I used a second breeding roost that I activated for 100 gold, 2 nests and 1 evolution temple. I and was able to get points from using my artic isle breeding den and evolution temple. In addition I boosted about 4 times for 28 gold and feed Galleon to 14. I came in 2nd on the leaderboard.

On my second account I have 2 nests, 1 evolution temple, 1 breeding nest and no GPD. I was only able to raise Galleon to level 12. I boosted only once for 7 gold. All the gold I have came from playing other S8 games early on and most recently from watching videos. I came in 1st on this account.

I had 2 hours and 23 minutes before the end and was surprised that my positions on the 2 boards remained. I never buy the decorations that yield additional points on a timed basis.

Somehow this resulted in obtaining the Dread Captain on both accounts.

I agree I don't like this competition against other players. Somehow in this LB I had time and it wasn't stressful to put time into playing this one. I was initially going for the habitat. Then I saw where Hook was achievable then Pirate and then Corsair. This was my first time getting all milestones on my main account since the point level had been exponentially increased. On my second account I only made it to the habitat but finished first with low points because of my grouping.

ksbmommy
07-19-17, 03:25 PM
On my sons account the winner had over 43,000 points. Totally ridiculous - how much gold does one have to spend to get that many points? I've never seen anything like that ever. It wasn't even close.