PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Back Ultra Rares From Events

Elunei
07-04-17, 12:06 PM
Storm8,

Please stop bringing back ultra rare animals from events! There has been the Cheshire Cat (which was originally obtained from completing a storybook) put up for purchase, the Rocking Horse (also from a storybook) put in Spin to Win and Sale Packages, the current Lava Leopard (which was originally obtained from winning 1st or 2nd in a leaderboard) now up for purchase and breedable, and several others that I've seen over the past few months.

I really don't think that these animals should be available at any point (through breeding, purchasing or other events) after the original event has ended. What's the point in wasting time and energy completing a storybook or winning a leaderboard event, just to realize that the animal you put so much effort into getting is now available again to others who did not participate in that event? Especially when it's through something as simple as breeding or a spin to win. I don't mind animals being purchased DURING those events, but that should be the only time they're available.

A lot of these events weren't even that long ago, and the ultra rares have already been brought back? After seeing these ultra rares, some I have from events I've completed and others I didn't have, it really makes completing storybooks and leaderboard events seem pointless. After all, the animals will be back at some point eventually.

Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but in my opinion, animals won from storybooks, leaderboards and world events (particularly ultra rare, first prize animals) should only be available during that time and never again. After all, these animals are supposed to be special and a reward to those who managed to complete or win an event (which often isn't easy!). In most other games, limited items are exactly that: limited. You don't spend 10 days completing a quest to win an animal and then realize two months later that that exact animal is now breedable or up for sale again.

There are so many other animals that can be made and introduced (including ultra rares) that it just doesn't make sense to re-release ultra rare / first prize animals from older events, especially when so many players put in a lot of effort to get those animals originally.

GreytMom
07-04-17, 03:35 PM
^I agree with you mostly. It certainly makes them less special if they can just be bought (usually not for much if it shows up in a package) or easily gotten later. Like you said, seems a lot of wasted effort.

The exception being that I'd like to see them available again for those of us who didn't play yet the first time. Maybe every two years or so, and only through a LB or SB or something else that requires some effort. Plus, this would give those who already have earned them a little break once in a while - as long as they don't do something like linking them like they did the GI Joey tournament.

Eluzyion
07-04-17, 03:46 PM
I don't like earning an animal then in a different event I am forced to battle for the same animal I already won in a previous tournament, just to get the new animals in the storybook that's linked to the previously earned animal in the tournament like with GI Joey linked to brilliant birthday storybook..I won GI Joey previously and would have opted out of battling for him again yet SB forced it.. Ridiculous.

As far as ultra rares being offered again.. No big deal to me. I win a LB to get one, spent gems..if someone bought it in a value pack later they'll spend gems, probably not as many but it was my choice to spend when I did lol as far as an ultra rare being "special" I might agree if they actually were special in this game but rarity seems to matter very little when your common can take an ultra rare down in arena but your ultra rare fails.. My lower rarity animals SR AND R do better than most UR while UR costs way more to feed. So to me, they aren't any more special than others unless they're awesomely cute lol (elements matter in arena not rarity)

Phoenix406
07-04-17, 04:11 PM
While I understand your point of view, I heartily disagree. People who haven't played the game from day 1 would then *never* be able to obtain many, if not most, of the animals in the game. Like greytmom said, maybe there should be a longer time before they are released, but to say "never" would really defeat the purpose that motivates many to play - the hope of obtaining all the animals eventually.

I play a different game that has a "Bring 'em Back" event every year. For one month, every animal ever in the game and also every decoration comes back. You can breed for or purchase the animals. If you get every animal, you get a fire-breathing decoration in your park. This gives people something to strive for.

MystiqueRealm
07-04-17, 04:31 PM
I respectfully disagree with original poster, as a matter of fact I wasn't here in the first year this game came out, when treasure animals were BREEDABLE and I'd love to have that same opportunity return, and bet you would too! :)

haku8cafe
07-04-17, 05:49 PM
I felt S8 should have a different approach for LB animals, I understand the suitation that some packs or animal favor more than the others.

First if players would to spend crazy amount on LB just to rank 1 or 2 or buying that UR animal during that 10day period for 2200 gems. Be it whatever reasons, it is pretty clear those players are not insane but moreover they feel exclusive owning them.

But what you are doing you make it breedable & half of the gems purchase.

So now you are asking the players ok next LB no worries if you dun rank 1 or 2 chill... if you are going to spend 2200gems better dun

BECAUSE maybe a few months or next year it be breedable & half of the gems purchase :( my mate literally was very upset & told me this morning she will stop buying gems for LB anymore since they be breedable in time to come & half of gems purchase. So you lost a player who buy gems in EVERY LB

Making UR package can be done to boost your revenue but I felt it is better if that UR just becomes 2200 for that limited period n not breedable. the reason you dun make your LB players who are serious in only that event very foolish

but again this is your game & decision to make :)

mysticalfairy320
07-04-17, 08:30 PM
I like that they bring back things from the past for newer players. I've been playing for a little over 2 yrs and still don't have everything I'd love to get the stained glass habitat as well a the vampire cat I wish once a month it would be easier to get certain diamond animals I'm still missing a few of the earlier ones.

JustKay
07-05-17, 04:17 AM
It would seem you only really get the privilege of having the animal first, when you win an LB or SB. That is somewhat of a prestigious position, and in the case of LB you also have a trophy which likely will never be available again. Breeding an ultra rare is also not easy. As such I don't feel there's anything wrong with putting these nice animals back up for sale or breeding. What annoys me most is if they mark down the animal from an LB as on sale. That really devalues the worth of the animal, on top of putting a price on it. All up though, I don't really care since I am really only interested in collecting trophies since even the prize animal I can't really hatch due to lack of space and processing power.

tahitii
07-05-17, 08:19 AM
Im happy with this S8 decision and I hope it's a successful strategy for their revenue.
I recently bought a pack with an UR I really liked but wasn't able to get at the time. I would never spend 2200 gems to buy the same animal in the shop or try to climb a Lb of big spenders players, so it was a nice deal for me 🙂

AppieP
07-05-17, 10:41 AM
My opinion it's otherwise if S8 bring out a older UR animal for gem sale. Instead of 2200 gems for 1100 gems. So on this way S8 can earn some money. And for those who really want it, and can afford it, they can buy it. But indeed it's not fair when S8 make the so much earned UR animal breedable or available on a tourney.

Personally I never would spent 1100 or 2200 gems for a creature. Only spent 250 gems ones, and probably the last time.

Silverrain1
07-05-17, 12:21 PM
I love that old animals come back, so if I miss them i can try for them again. I think it's a great idea and I get super excited when an old one comes back.
However, I dnt think it's fair wen u are forced into doing a tournament or something when you already have the prize. I think if you have to do the tournament to pass in the story book (or any event) then that animal really should be new

Jojocl141587
07-05-17, 12:35 PM
While I understand your point of view, I heartily disagree. People who haven't played the game from day 1 would then *never* be able to obtain many, if not most, of the animals in the game. Like greytmom said, maybe there should be a longer time before they are released, but to say "never" would really defeat the purpose that motivates many to play - the hope of obtaining all the animals eventually.

I play a different game that has a "Bring 'em Back" event every year. For one month, every animal ever in the game and also every decoration comes back. You can breed for or purchase the animals. If you get every animal, you get a fire-breathing decoration in your park. This gives people something to strive for.

I love the idea of a yearly "Bring em Back" event. You still have to work for the animals or buy them with gems. Doing something like this would benefit Storm8 I see so many people asking for things to be brought back and they are willing to pay gems. It could be done across all their games.

Silverrain1
07-05-17, 01:39 PM
Don't like the idea of having to buy the animals. Having it as an option like it currently is in the shop or when limited animals come back would b ok. But don't think it's fair to only be able to buy them. I know you don't need to buy/have all the animals but if the game is free to play, how can u ask ppl to buy. I want to breed for them and then if I can't get it, I can decide if I want to buy it when the event ends.

JustKay
07-26-17, 04:55 AM
I think what they did with the Grand Unicorn and the Swan Prince was a great strategy. Make the animal win-able by association to the same type of event, but optional to the completion of the new event. People who missed out in last years can try again, while those who have it are not forced to do anything for a prize they already have. You could take the same concept and do it for Leaderboards. Make a past leaderboard top prize attainable as an extra hard last milestone. something insane like the 20000 points so that those that really want it do have to put in an effort for it. Certainly don't give away Leaderboard top prizes in simple 4 step goal lines that require breeding, evolving and mating a common 6 hours timer dragon like they currently am doing in DS with Skylord, the first leaderboard prize animal!

Feenfunke
07-26-17, 01:08 PM
I like the S8 strategy to get the LB price later by breeding or purchasing. I could get some less leaderboard price animals. But there are lots that i missed - and some of them I would really love to get. I think it would be wonderful for so many players to bring them back one year later. There are so many players that wasn't rich enough to spend a lot of money and some that did it and even tho didn't got the beloved 1st or 2nd price and missed the grand price.
For this players it is wonderful to have a chance to get this animal later. The winners of the LB's have them exclusively 1 year earlier. I guess that lots of players will still spend money to get the first price animals earlier.

cng500
08-01-17, 09:34 AM
As a newer player, I have no problems when the dragons are made available. I've tried a few events, and frankly they are NOT worth the effort. It is such a fleeting pleasure to achieve the goal when the next goal is within sight and only you are the person who knows your achievements. If these dragons are the desired ones for breeding, battles and filling in the inventory gaps - any way they are available is OK with me. I've already figured out only the wealthy can be on top in this game, so for us others, its unending hard work of trying over and over to be satisfied with playing the game.

My bug a boo is the never ending pop up boxes which steal your gold bars and S8 policy NOT to have a cancel button. I have lost enough gold to buy 3 diamond dragons, which has been my goal and sadly will likely never be achieved. this week alone, twice the boxes appear when I'm working through a task and now my hard earned stores are again depleted.

Alohatami
08-13-17, 12:09 AM
I respectfully disagree with original poster, as a matter of fact I wasn't here in the first year this game came out, when treasure animals were BREEDABLE and I'd love to have that same opportunity return, and bet you would too! :)
I agree with you. I'm still fairly new to this game, and it seems unfair to punish us just because we didn't start playing on day one. As a new player, I appreciate the chance to obtain some of these early release creatures. This is, after all, only a game. In the grand scheme of things, is it really that big of a deal if creatures are made available again? In my very humble opinion, I don't think so.