PDA

View Full Version : Liam never drops envelopes anymore

krisoobv
11-16-15, 12:36 AM
Hi,

I was just wondering how often Liam the Handyman shows up?

Thanks,
krisoobv

Rynetory2
11-16-15, 12:56 AM
He shows every 2 hours.

krisoobv
11-16-15, 01:02 AM
Thank you very much :)

Rynetory2
11-16-15, 01:06 AM
Thank you very much :)

You are most welcome. :) fyi dont collect too many Thank you notes else you may end up jamming your pantry.

If you have further questions pertaining to game, you can also check out this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86184-Bakery-2-Help-Me-I-have-a-Question) and see what other players ask. You can also post your questions there. Hope this helps. Have fun. :)

Beecause
11-17-15, 02:41 PM
He struts when he walks!

LonePudding
11-17-15, 02:43 PM
He struts when he walks!

I love it! I wish they all had their own individual walk styles.

214sed
11-17-15, 05:03 PM
I had a note how many hours. It only said that he shows up every few hours. That's all it said.

blackeneddove
11-18-15, 01:30 PM
He shows up too often if you ask me! lol - and he won't leave until you take his thank you note! I have enough of them already, thanks Liam!

janddolphins
11-19-15, 11:07 PM
Finally have enough parts to upgrade my pantry from 50-60 minus the notes as I stopped collecting them to save space....alright Liam do your strutting I need 5 or 6 notes to upgrade! lol

TrixiDeCat
11-20-15, 09:30 PM
He shows up too often if you ask me! lol - and he won't leave until you take his thank you note! I have enough of them already, thanks Liam!

Exactly! After realizing I could not control how many "thank you notes" I could delete from my pantry I just let Liam sit there until I needed the notes. Yes, he occupies a seat but controlling the pantry "stock" seems to be more of an issue for me anyway.

bexiboo2
11-21-15, 07:24 AM
I only take Liam's thank you notes when I need them, the rest of the time he just sits in the bakery. He can't be making much money doing handy-work if he's filling his face all day!

Lippy53
11-25-15, 09:38 AM
Liam is now giving me 150 coins when he visits. The symbol is still a thank you note but when I click on it I get coins. Can someone please take a look. Thanks

FrozenTurtle
11-25-15, 04:31 PM
We've noticed several players were maxing out their Pantries with Thank You Notes, so we've made a change to allow other things to be dropped by Liam. Sorry for any confusion!

sweetypies97
11-25-15, 05:59 PM
Please change it back! Now that I am trying to get thank you notes, I can't get one! He is visiting way less often. The way to fix the pantry max out is to let us be able to designate a number of a certain item to be deleted instead of having to delete them all.

moinkmama
11-25-15, 07:34 PM
How rare of a drop are thank you notes now supposed to be? I'm now on 7 drops in a row of all coins.

bexiboo2
11-25-15, 11:41 PM
We've noticed several players were maxing out their Pantries with Thank You Notes, so we've made a change to allow other things to be dropped by Liam. Sorry for any confusion!

Thank you!! Liam was taking no up a valuable seat in my bakery before. Now I can click on him for coins etc

Alasala
11-26-15, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the change. It was getting to be a problem. I just hope the drop isn't too rare now!

molby29
11-26-15, 05:58 PM

So... an item that you need to save up lots of, but takes up valuable storage space, is now even rarer. That seems like a silly solution to me.

Why not do what you did in RS2? First, make a separate storage for the expansion items! Second, let us delete a few of an item, instead of the whole lot!

I don't understand why you would create a game with an effective way of dealing with storage of items, then go and create another game later where the storage is completely ineffective and unfair! (well.... I sorta do understand..... it entices us to use gems to expand and to get the things we need...... I think most players will think a better option is just not to play).

kooky panda
11-26-15, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the change. It was getting to be a problem. I just hope the drop isn't too rare now!
I did get all coins yesterday, but today I only got notes!
I will see what I get tomorrow!

mamascoobi
11-26-15, 11:56 PM
I would like it put back the way it was ! To solve the problem of storage I just wouldn't click on Liam and now I need notes and can't get any! Very Frustrating!!!!!

CammoAmmo
11-27-15, 08:53 AM
I would prefer it if he had the gift symbol over his head to avoid confusion because I haven't clicked on him in two days to save space and wasnt even aware of this. This doesn't even fix the storage problem because I have more Liam notes than I need right now so if I click on any more and just one gives me a note it will be taking up more storage but I cannot delete them now at all because it will take even longer to get the notes back... please look at my suggestion and make it a player choice to select whether they want notes or coins.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
Let us choose how many of one item we want to delete! And why only let us delete items when our storage is 90% full? Why isn't the option always available?

kooky panda
11-27-15, 01:08 PM
I did get all coins yesterday, but today I only got notes!
I will see what I get tomorrow!
I now seem to get coins and notes pretty equally now.

ghjvcucjb
11-28-15, 02:16 AM
Now that I need thank you notes, Liam doesn't drop any, just coins now.

VanaCatu
11-28-15, 02:38 AM
Now that I need thank you notes, Liam doesn't drop any, just coins now.

on which level you are now?

interesting... i never got coins from him.
if it's not a glitch, maybe it cd depend on level?
or, maybe thank you notes has a cap / max allowed qtty in pantry?
ah! or maybe yr pantry is full in the moment you tap liam?

catfoodie
11-28-15, 10:12 AM

I too started getting coins, I think s8 just lowered the drop so people don't have as much thank you notes. I was getting coins from him but also couple times I got coins and thank you note!
Btw I don't think it depends on level because I was on level 18 and was constantly getting those notes but then when the new thanksgiving items appeared I started getting only coins with rare drop of notes (being on the same level). Pantry not even close to being full.

lauraleighashby
11-28-15, 11:47 AM
I am getting a mix of coins and TY notes.

ghjvcucjb
11-28-15, 11:49 AM

Level 19. 0 notes in the pantry because I don't collect until I need them to keep my pantry available for ingredients and no pantry is not full. I noticed about 2 days ago, that's when I started trying to collect notes again. I agree with everything Cat foodie said up above and in the quote down below. I think S8 adjusted the drops so we wouldn't fill up so fast. Wondering though, if they can adjust and change the drop rates for Liam so fast how come the pantry issues haven't been addressed yet?

I too started getting coins, I think s8 just lowered the drop so people don't have as much thank you notes. I was getting coins from him but also couple times I got coins and thank you note!
Btw I don't think it depends on level because I was on level 18 and was constantly getting those notes but then when the new thanksgiving items appeared I started getting only coins with rare drop of notes (being on the same level). Pantry not even close to being full.

ITA with everything you said

ETA: just got my first note in two and a half days

moinkmama
11-28-15, 05:27 PM
I'm still getting a much heavier ratio of coins to notes....about 3 to 1..... But it's managable now :). I got worried when I went 2 days without a single note!

mumofsonic
11-29-15, 07:01 AM
It's been over two days now and I keep getting just coins. The fix went from one extreme to the other. It would be nice if Liam could occasionally drop something else other than thank you notes and coins - the elusive brick or ticket for example. But at the moment all I'm getting is coins

gracelinda
11-29-15, 07:51 AM
Me too. For 2 days I've been getting only coins. Why doesn't the pantry have divided storage snd easy deletion of items like restaurant story 2? The building items should be in one category and the food items in another. Makes the game better.

devlinholics
11-29-15, 08:38 PM
I am day3 STRAiGHT coins 150 atm... Omg I only bother to tap him when I have all the stuffs now day 3 I am still at 0 thank you notes please change it back

Rynetory2
11-30-15, 07:18 AM
There were feedbacks from members that they maxed their pantry due to frequent Thank you notes and others said Liam just sat there the whole day... Perhaps the change of Thank you notes to the randomness of coins and notes was a temporary quick fix while they work on adding a toolbar which takes a longer time. Well this is just my guess. I do hope they will add in the toolbar like RS2. :)

BiggerBubbles
11-30-15, 05:02 PM
I agree it's very frustrating. I had 23 thank you notes, so deleted them while I was waiting for the last brick to upgrade, now I nearly have enough coins again, I have only had 1 note in 3 days. Glad I looked here, I thought I was losing them. I agree we really need to be able to select how many we want to delete. If this doesn't happen, I think it will just make playing this game too annoying and people will not bother playing.

lauraleighashby
11-30-15, 05:47 PM
I stopped clicking today after getting four TY notes in a row. He is back to just living in my bakery.

devlinholics
11-30-15, 06:55 PM
I agree it's very frustrating. I had 23 thank you notes, so deleted them while I was waiting for the last brick to upgrade, now I nearly have enough coins again, I have only had 1 note in 3 days. Glad I looked here, I thought I was losing them. I agree we really need to be able to select how many we want to delete. If this doesn't happen, I think it will just make playing this game too annoying and people will not bother playing.

4.5 days in a row I have only 2thank you note... Either change it back or have an option for him to drop coins or notes...

I am not trying to be mean here but even if you have thank you notes max just delete it since the option is just delete all... Or wait till you have your final part n press him since he will always drop notes.

Or you all want to randomly drops notes n over these days yr parts is increasing more n more... N you are getting 150coins..

I need 8notes to get an upgrade for 10more space.... Over these days I have extra 10parts n just 2notes I really do not want to see I have extra 30parts till I upgrade

Now I am at a stage of not cooking n just logging in for notes n serve a simple dish or I delete basket, discount coupon which is so silly...

Whoever suggest this seriously wait till you get to the stage like me n you will realise... Even if he drops coins or notes, you still need to delete notes if you do not have lots of parts... N he just occupied 1 SINGLE space in yr place...

Now I am CLOSING my whole place, I can upgrade inventory, expansion n food but 2 thank you notes.... Thanks genius who suggest this

lauraleighashby
12-01-15, 03:24 PM
So I have had to stop clicking on Liam because all I get now is TY notes and my pantry is almost out of space. Every time I open the game though he comes in and grabs a plate. If I close the game without clicking on him, do I get the coins for whatever he took? I am close to uninstalling due this pantry issue and if I am losing coins to boot it is just going to push me closer to that decision.

devlinholics
12-01-15, 05:15 PM
So I have had to stop clicking on Liam because all I get now is TY notes and my pantry is almost out of space. Every time I open the game though he comes in and grabs a plate. If I close the game without clicking on him, do I get the coins for whatever he took? I am close to uninstalling due this pantry issue and if I am losing coins to boot it is just going to push me closer to that decision.

We should exchange Liam lol since he always drop ty notes while Liam in my place drops 150coins lol

Imagine u gt yr final item to upgrade... Now u just need ty notes... But Liam 5.5 days gives u 4ty notes during these period u can even upgrade yr store, expansion but you just need ty notes lol

BiggerBubbles
12-01-15, 07:07 PM
I used to get probably 8 notes a day, now I have had 1 in 4 days. This is getting rediculous. Why are some getting lots & some zilch? I don't think I've ever had a game frustrate me so much. Also when you have fulfilled an order the ✅now never appears on the little pink box like it used to.

merlin3108
12-02-15, 06:24 AM
I used to get probably 8 notes a day, now I have had 1 in 4 days. This is getting rediculous. Why are some getting lots & some zilch? I don't think I've ever had a game frustrate me so much. Also when you have fulfilled an order the ✅now never appears on the little pink box like it used to.

I have the same issue... Liam used to stop by so often and drop notes that I had to ignore him otherwise the notes would have filled up my pantry... Now that I've used all my notes to upgrade the pantry he only gives coins... For the past two days I have not reveived a single note and I've been checking in very often!
PS also miss the little green check box for deliveries which are ready

etoile1996
12-04-15, 09:54 AM
I am glad I'm not the only one that has noticed the lack of thank you notes lately! I had gotten up to 23 and deleted them all (as one does) and now I'm only 1 note away from an expansion and for the last two days I've only gotten coins. It's one thing if he is going. To alternate, but I had been used to counting on getting TY notes when I needed them, which is why I deleted them when they started crowding my inventory. if there was a change in programming this needs to be adjusted, because I preferred having too many TYs as opposed to too few.

ghjvcucjb
12-07-15, 10:03 AM
FEEDBACK: I appreciate that S8 and TL listen to our feedback and make adjustments. I hope they will continue to do this. Regarding Liam and the thank you notes, it is true we were getting overloaded with too many BUT now it's the opposite problem . I've need 8 thank you notes and haven't been able to get that many in over 5 days! And that's collecting pretty much on time all day and night. Can you please readjust to a better drop rate? Can't finish my only two goals at this rate plus it's very frustrating. Thank you.

catfoodie
12-07-15, 10:17 AM
I think the problem was not Liam dropping lots of notes but rather inability to delete certain amount of items. Like in rs2 I get lots of nails and planks but I just delete the excess to have some space for showels and hummers. I would not like the drop being cut. For Liam it's the same, I wanna be able to get as much notes as I need in short period of time but then if I have too much of those notes I would be able to delete some

ghjvcucjb
12-07-15, 10:32 AM
I think the problem was not Liam dropping lots of notes but rather inability to delete certain amount of items. Like in rs2 I get lots of nails and planks but I just delete the excess to have some space for showels and hummers. I would not like the drop being cut. For Liam it's the same, I wanna be able to get as much notes as I need in short period of time but then if I have too much of those notes I would be able to delete some

I would rather they had separated the pantry into parts and ingredients or fix the delete issues instead of reducing the drop rate of the thank you notes. But since that is what they did, I hope they can readjust somewhere in the middle so we can collect enough notes to upgrade in a timely manner

FrozenTurtle
12-07-15, 12:30 PM
FEEDBACK: I appreciate that S8 and TL listen to our feedback and make adjustments. I hope they will continue to do this. Regarding Liam and the thank you notes, it is true we were getting overloaded with too many BUT now it's the opposite problem . I've need 8 thank you notes and haven't been able to get that many in over 5 days! And that's collecting pretty much on time all day and night. Can you please readjust to a better drop rate? Can't finish my only two goals at this rate plus it's very frustrating. Thank you.

Thanks for sharing! I have let the game team know that the change made might have been a bit too drastic. We do appreciate the feedback so we can make sure it's fair for everyone. :)

ghjvcucjb
12-07-15, 01:59 PM
thanks for sharing! I have let the game team know that the change made might have been a bit too drastic. We do appreciate the feedback so we can make sure it's fair for everyone. :)

thank you!

214sed
12-07-15, 02:36 PM
Update: According to the other posts, he still only gives out coins to me :(. Why?

CourtneyMeow
12-11-15, 06:00 PM
I get a thank you note like once every 3 days. Very irritating

mykindofking
03-19-16, 04:04 PM
This is not useful at all!! We decided to stop clicking on Liam to avoid filling up the pantry, but when we are finally ready after many weeks waiting for the right parts from the go-to-orders, we need to be able to get our thank you notes. Its been 2 weeks since i'm ready to expand my bakery and open up 18 spaces in my bakery, but missing one thank you note.

LHbaker8
03-19-16, 08:21 PM
It's a tricky thing - Obviously BS2 is a work in progress, and it's great that the development team is responsive when there is a roadblock/issue. But part of successful gameplay is being able to learn how a game works and managing things accordingly. So when suddenly the way things work changes dramatically without notice (like Liam's note drop rate being substantially lowered) it winds up penalizing players who have started to learn how the game works. ( Like many of us learned to just let Liam sit when we were full of notes and start tapping him again when we had space for more, assuming he'd drop at the same rate again) It just make the whole thing seem chaotic and not rewarding of attention. It's kind of like if all of a sudden sugar refreshed every hour instead of every 10 seconds. Players would have planned game play expecting a 10 second refresh, but get suddenly stopped in their tracks by a new refresh rate.

I'm not sure what the right answer is, IDK, maybe release notes on the updates? Not necessarily saying the details of everything that has changed (because half the fun should be discovering what's new), but maybe a vague "some changes to drop rates" that alerts established players that the rules of the game have changed.

mykindofking
03-30-16, 11:56 AM
Not a single Note for the past 5 days! This is getting very annoying!! Missing just one to upgrade pantry from 90 to 100 and be able to finally stock up on much needed items to cook! I'm about to give up

basil6
06-29-17, 05:24 PM
Just coins. Anyone else have this happen?

bobbyrae
08-16-17, 12:48 PM
Very rarely for me. But he still drops envelopes

burly28
08-19-17, 11:27 PM
I've clicked on Liam 2 times day and for almost 2 weeks I haven't gotten a single thank you note. I'm trying to get jacks counter and used all of the notes I had trying but got furniture items I've already got 3 times over.

bobbyrae
08-23-17, 11:48 AM
Maybe the drops of "Liam" items could be even instead of random? Purposefully reducing the envelope drops has not solved any problem.

006ria
10-26-17, 08:25 PM
I am facing same problem in my game too

gurmita
12-17-18, 02:21 AM
Liam does not drop envelopes anymore just jars of red stuff for weeks now!!!:mad::mad::mad: I need more envelopes to upgrade please help storm8!!!!!!

bobbyrae
01-15-19, 09:25 AM
Liam does not drop envelopes anymore just jars of red stuff for weeks now!!!:mad::mad::mad: I need more envelopes to upgrade please help storm8!!!!!!

I suspect this game has fallen by the wayside. Nothing new ever. No response to our pleas for help. I am two envelopes away from an expansion. It may be years before I can get those two envelopes. Sigh.

de8bmet
05-02-19, 01:57 AM
Received an e-mail stating the following:

Bakery Story 2 | Thanks for contacting us.

We have limited support services for Bakery Story 2 and will not be able to respond to individual requests. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the Community Forums, as the community may have already shared information related to your request. You may want to turn on automatic updates to ensure your app is automatically updated if our team is able to address your issue and release an update with bug fixes and improvements.

- [Apple Support] Turn on Automatic Downloads

This sucks!!