PDA

View Full Version : Problem about gifting neighbors, need some advice.

WillRockRoo
06-28-17, 11:37 PM
:confused:

I have been having this issue for quite a while, but with these recent back-to-back events, did not seem to be a good time to ask.

Well now looks like everybody is well on track to the star faerie or not working on it, I am hoping I can get some answers.

I think everyday, one can send out three gifts to neighbors, and I was able to before. Ever since bout three weeks ago, I can only send out ONE gift everyday! I tried different neighbors, different times, but the second gift always got the same message like the neighbor has received max number of gifts or I had send the neighbor gift already. I even stayed up late till 2 am(my game starting time for a new day) quite few times to try send more gifts. I don't believe all the neighbors would get three gifts right at that moment......

Anyway, am I doing something wrong or people just love to give gifts late at night? I really hope to be able to return gifts and send out some gifts......Any answers or advice is welcome, thanks.

Good luck on the star faerie task.

SpiritWind00
06-29-17, 03:31 AM
Do you gift one person at a time or 3 in one go with the same gift?

If you get the message that the gift didn't go through however your news feed gifts disappear, then it did go through.

There is an open issue about gifting in this thread which is on the list of unresolved issues: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79778-Help-Meaning-behind-different-gifting-message It's an older thread, but still active.

WillRockRoo
06-29-17, 05:01 PM
Thank you, SW. I just checked that thread, not same problem. I give one gift to one person, the first one always go through with a gift sent message. Second gift, no matter I chose neighbor from news list or neighbor list or try to gift when visiting, always the max message! Like I mentioned, I tried multiple times when the new game day started, every neighbors were maxed out. It does not make sense to me......I will check tonight if the item has been taken even with that cannot send message.

SpiritWind00
06-29-17, 05:41 PM
Ok, yes and also please try 3 at a time as an experiment for your game in the next couple of days. Might be something to escalate to Support.

WillRockRoo
06-29-17, 07:50 PM
Right, thanks. Will try to gift 3 at once.

ShibuyaCloth
06-29-17, 10:28 PM
Some gifts are limited to 1 per day: Seaweed, Reef Column, Reef Block

In the past the gem gift was also capped.

WillRockRoo
06-30-17, 12:11 AM
Update

Tried to send out 3 gifts(stone block) at once, only 1 went through, 2 were rejected. Rejected gift item still in inventory. Tried at least 50 neighbors in 5 minutes after new game day just started, no luck. Looks like I am stuck here......

BTW, I only got 1 gift a day for a while, is this two issues related? I wonder......

cavegirl1
06-30-17, 01:30 AM
Just to clarify, when you say "Rejected gift item still in inventory", do you mean the number of items in your inventory hasn't reduced? If so, gifts don't come out of our inventory.

( Not that this helps solve your problem )

WillRockRoo
06-30-17, 11:37 AM
Just to clarify, when you say "Rejected gift item still in inventory", do you mean the number of items in your inventory hasn't reduced? If so, gifts don't come out of our inventory.

( Not that this helps solve your problem )

Thanks, I did think the gift item has to be coming from my inventory..... I don't know any my neighbors personally, guess I will have to leave a message on their walls to ask if they get gift. Wonder if they have time to reply.

WillRockRoo
07-01-17, 08:51 PM
Update

Tried to send out 3 gifts(stone block) at once, only 1 went through, 2 were rejected. Rejected gift item still in inventory. Tried at least 50 neighbors in 5 minutes after new game day just started, no luck. Looks like I am stuck here......

BTW, I only got 1 gift a day for a while, is this two issues related? I wonder......

Update again,

The 3 neighbors I tried to gift were from gifting list, one gift went through, the neighbor's name disappeared from the list. 2 did not go through, names stayed. Then somehow the 2 name disappeared from the list after lunch time, so I assume the gifts went through somehow. That was yesterday; today there were only two names on my gifting list. I tried to gift both of them, the message said 2 did not go through, but one name disappeared. Later I tried to gift the last neighbor, it somehow went through!

I will try to send 3 gifts tonight, let's see what will happen. For now I am just very happy that I don't have a list of gifts that I could not return the favour......

jaymieb2
07-05-17, 07:57 PM
If the neighbor is maxed on an item, the gift will not go through. Sometimes I have to try every single gift before something will go to a particular gifting neighbor. It is time consuming and frustrating, but they are a reliable gifting partner, so it is worth it.

WillRockRoo
07-05-17, 09:22 PM
OK, Today is my lucky day! I sent out 3 gifts successfully! Though went through some trouble, still 3 gifts were all sent out.

Here is how this goes: Firstly, I tried to send out 3 gifts together, the message said 3 of my neighbors were maxed out. But one name disappeared from gift list. Then I visited one remaining neighbor and tried to gift there, and it went through. So I visited the last neighbor and gifted the same way, and it was sent out successfully again!

I am hoping from now on, I won't have any gifting issues. Thanks a lot!

PS, can't wait for another Monster Hunt!