PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye All

ccorbett4
06-27-17, 01:17 PM
I haven't been a super-active member of this community, but I still felt compelled to say goodbye before stepping away from the game for good, if only as a service to the rest of you still playing that possibly my post as I leave could help spur s8 to change their ways. I hope for your sake they do, but I cannot wait any longer for things to improve...especially since many of us here have been voicing a hope that they just stop getting worse, let alone get better.

I don't think I need to enumerate my reasons, since if the developers spent 5 minutes on this forum they should be able to figure it out. In summary, though, this game went from being a fun distraction that I could escape to a number of times a day during spare moments, to requiring my absolute attention and even having to plan my life around it to successfully complete tasks/events/goals. Even worse, they continue down a path of making things impossible for players even if they dedicate the required amount of time, thereby forcing us to spend gold/money just to complete the basics. And now they've decided to make it even harder to accumulate food by requiring it for all events, not just tales, when they already overvalue food while making it incredibly time-consuming to acquire. I feel the game has strayed further and further from its central premise of breeding dragons...you now go weeks between opportunities to actually breed dragons you want, and even then you have to just accept that you are giving up on breeding the limited availability dragons that are available at that time (which, if you tried to breed, you likely wouldn't get anyhow). Breeding has even changed, where now it is significantly harder to breed the more rare dragons, leading to frustrating fail after fail. Wrap all of this in a bow of the developers not caring enough about their players to address our frustrations, which is a clear sign that things are not going to get better, and likely are going to get worse. Thus, my decision to finally listen to that voice in my head that kept telling me to uninstall the game and move on with my life.

Ok, I said I wasn't going to list my reasons, but then did so anyway...frustration got the best of me. Anyhow, I've really enjoyed my time playing this game, despite all the frustrations. I leave behind hundreds of unique dragons, nearly a million food (highest it's ever been...got there because I refused to use it for the last leaderboard and community events), and an island I had a ton of fun building, despite all the frustrations. Wish I could give what I have away to you guys who are still playing. Best of luck to you, and thank you to the moderators of this forum who I now realize are just dedicated players, not paid employees...sorry for going off on you once or twice as my frustration mounted. :-)

[S8] Elsa
06-27-17, 01:20 PM
We're sorry to lose you as part of our vibrant gaming community. If you'd like to send a message to your friends, we recommend that you message them directly via private message. :)