PDA

View Full Version : Number badge showing up on icon - how to remove?

trek_guy
03-16-11, 05:51 PM
Hello. When Bakery Story receives a push notification, for example when an item is done being baked, a number badge appears on top of its icon on the iPhone home screen. Just like other iPhone apps. This is nice because it tells me that something is needed to be done, or I've received a message.

However, once this happens the badge never seems to go away. So I go into Bakery Story, serve my food, start cooking new food, check messages, check gifts, etc. -- all things that should make the badge go away, but it remains there. Is there a step I need to do within Bakery Story to clear it?

I've see another posting where someone says to double-click the iPhone home button and then **** the app and restart it, which works, but I'm not going to do that multiple times per day. I'm curious if there's something I need to look at inside Bakery Story (for example My Gifts) to make this go away, or if it's a true bug. If it's a bug, it really needs to be fixed.

Donnahh
03-16-11, 07:09 PM
It depends on what you have asked to be notified on.
I only ask to be notified when my food is ready. If you are asking for push messages for food, tips and food ready then yes you have to address all those issues.

If all else fails, turn push notifications off, restart your device and then reinstate the push notifications. Hope that helps :)