PDA

View Full Version : Server sync error

ABADD0N
03-16-11, 05:41 PM
This is starting to be real cumbersome with the sync error. I place down chairs that I have and 5 seconds later a pop-up says "OH DARN, your restaurant is out of sync with our server. We have refreshed your restaurant" removing my chairs that I've placed down. I am level 9 and want to continue but this is only allowing me 2 chairs in my restaurant. Please fix

Unregistered
03-16-11, 06:12 PM
Definitely something weird going on. I can't place chairs from storage, but tables and everything else works.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 06:20 PM
I jus posted an add but the same thing has been happening to me!!! I was trying to redesign my restaurant and I could place my tables but wen I took my chairs out of storage that sync error would come and refresh my place and my chairs would be gone. I'm starting to get annoyed cuz I had tables setup with no chairs and I had to remove my tables cuz there was no point having them out with no chairs so I'm losing valuable sitting space ugh not happy

hallquest
03-16-11, 06:27 PM
I keep getting a server error. this is really annoying!

Donnahh
03-16-11, 07:13 PM
I have seen three fixes to this problem around the forum.
I'd have to say tho, I haven't had this problem (only briefly on Treasure Story, and I hard-closed) but you can try one or all to see if they work.

1 - Hard close your program if using a newer iPod/iPhone (hitting the home button quickly twice and clicking the red minus button on the program you want to close.

2 - delete and reinstall faulty app

3 - buy a cheap chair/table and place it elsewhere in your restaurant. Somehow that seems to sync things back in. Obviously, make sure you don't buy something you have already in storage.

Good luck!!

Unregistered
03-16-11, 07:39 PM
I'm on Android, 1 and 3 did not work for me. The new chair I bought didn't get a sync error, but when trying to pull a white chair from storage afterwards I did get the error, and the white chairs were gone.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 07:50 PM
I'm on Android, 1 and 3 did not work for me. The new chair I bought didn't get a sync error, but when trying to pull a white chair from storage afterwards I did get the error, and the white chairs were gone.

Okay, when I buy a new chair it stays. If I store, and then re-position the chair, I get the sync error. So the problem is pulling chairs out of storage. Can pull tables, clocks, and flowers out of storage just fine.

Going to try deleting and re-installing.. couldn't hurt I guess

Unregistered
03-16-11, 08:05 PM
Okay, when I buy a new chair it stays. If I store, and then re-position the chair, I get the sync error. So the problem is pulling chairs out of storage. Can pull tables, clocks, and flowers out of storage just fine.

Going to try deleting and re-installing.. couldn't hurt I guess

None of the 3 options above worked for me. Looks like its time to sit and wait for TL to fix it themselves.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 08:08 PM
This is starting to be real cumbersome with the sync error. I place down chairs that I have and 5 seconds later a pop-up says "OH DARN, your restaurant is out of sync with our server. We have refreshed your restaurant" removing my chairs that I've placed down. I am level 9 and want to continue but this is only allowing me 2 chairs in my restaurant. Please fix

Same thing here! Allows me 15 chairs that's it

Unregistered
03-16-11, 08:22 PM
I jus posted an add but the same thing has been happening to me!!! I was trying to redesign my restaurant and I could place my tables but wen I took my chairs out of storage that sync error would come and refresh my place and my chairs would be gone. I'm starting to get annoyed cuz I had tables setup with no chairs and I had to remove my tables cuz there was no point having them out with no chairs so I'm losing valuable sitting space ugh not happy

FWIW you should leave the tables to get tips and block the door.

I'm hoping the error is because they were working on a new update and just mixed up some code or something. Bet it gets fixed tomorrow or sooner.

ABADD0N
03-16-11, 10:56 PM
Ya leave tables out for tips, only thing good that comes out of this. Losing satisfaction but don't really care at thus point, will help with the # of tables I have.

Unregistered
03-17-11, 01:40 PM
i had this problem yesterday after redecorating. It is the chairs that is the issue indeed. It didnt work when I tried to place chairs next to tables from storage. Every time I did that I would get out of sync and it would roll back even though I was clearly connected.

I was able to get around this by placing chairs not adjacent to a table, like in the middle of the restaurant. The chair does stay in place. Then I move the chair next to the table afterwards and I dont get an error.

Unregistered
03-17-11, 01:48 PM
nice find ! worked for me

Unregistered
03-17-11, 03:19 PM
The problem for me is when I reached a new level I go to tip people, check News, etc and when I come back Im at my old level before leveling up and all my food is gone since I leveled upped. This is my third time today to hit the level again. Im on the Ipad 2.

Unregistered
03-17-11, 06:31 PM
i had this problem yesterday after redecorating. It is the chairs that is the issue indeed. It didnt work when I tried to place chairs next to tables from storage. Every time I did that I would get out of sync and it would roll back even though I was clearly connected.

I was able to get around this by placing chairs not adjacent to a table, like in the middle of the restaurant. The chair does stay in place. Then I move the chair next to the table afterwards and I dont get an error.

I did that too without a problem.

Unregistered
03-18-11, 11:57 AM

That worked! Hope someone from TL reads this. This should help them locate and fix the issue.

The problem appears to be in the module that automatically orients chairs when placed at a table.

Unregistered
03-19-11, 08:07 AM
Same problem here as others have had. This is what I did. I had quite of few tables and chairs stored so I sold them all and bought new chairs and placed them in the spots where I kept getting the out of sync message. So far so good I haven't gotten that message and my chairs have stayed. I also was getting the same message in BS so I did the same thing as I did in RS and so far so good there too. Hope this helps for others as it is annoying and frustrating. If you would like to add me in either RS or BS or both my ID for both are: mom2twins76

Restaurant Name: Bunch's Cafe