PDA

View Full Version : ★ DS iOS Update, 19 Jun 17 ★

Den8137259
06-20-17, 04:15 AM
Edit KP

Elsa;1430084']Bug fixes and performance improvements is the standard app note for a non-major update. This update is just general optimizations. It doesn't include any major changes to the game.

★ hi mods and all, what does the new update do? At 215 MB it is a huge update! ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCwphR6U0AA-LHG?format=jpg

kooky panda
06-20-17, 08:56 AM
Looks like just a update with some fixes.

FireballFarm
06-20-17, 08:14 PM
Can we get an answer for this question, please? Like some specifics? Are the non-working arena ads fixed? Will the ads actually reduce the wait time now? Or has the crashing when visiting friends been fixed?
What 'fixes,' exactly, in this update will use 215 MB (especially when the App Store details claim the entire DS app only uses 228 MB?? which is EXTREMELY inaccurate and misleading?)

Dragon Story is already taking up over 2 GB of space on my iPad. The size of this update, alone, is larger than most of the other games on my device. I have several other games that each take up less than 200MB.

The amount of space this app takes up is a serious problem.

Mercy1st
06-20-17, 09:09 PM
Can't seem to find what the update did except that I'm not seeing more land on any of the big islands??? Nor has the dragon stable increased or the availability of a second dragon stable. Having just updated I did notice that it freezes more than once in each island especially the bigger ones. And I did turn off the phone and restart. If Anyone has any information but the improvements are please let us know. Thank you

Hartoled
06-20-17, 11:38 PM
Can't seem to find what the update did except that I'm not seeing more land on any of the big islands??? Nor has the dragon stable increased or the availability of a second dragon stable. Having just updated I did notice that it freezes more than once in each island especially the bigger ones. And I did turn off the phone and restart. If Anyone has any information but the improvements are please let us know. Thank you

Takes a while for the cache to fill when you update. Those big islands probably have a lot of things that you are encountering for the first times (again). I usually get 2 days of exasperation from an update.

Maybe they added some confirm purchase popups. I know a lot of people have been asking for those. Make a lot of random purchases to test it for us. :o

JustKay
06-21-17, 01:16 AM
I nervously updated, since in the past, new features can make the game crash more. Was relieved I could still login. In fact it seems a bit more stable. Early days, but I got in with only one crash which might have been related to the game rejigging data after the update, which was less frustrating. Moving around the island is more jerky tho, but that might be due to the game taking the time to load new data instead of just crashing on something that's not loaded yet. A fair trade off. Maybe what they said in the description is true, just bug fixes and performance tweaks. Given the streamlining recently maybe they are not adding any new big game feature in the future. The new WE is just a hash of existing features & bumping up numbers on WE milestones.

[S8] Elsa
06-21-17, 04:45 PM
Bug fixes and performance improvements is the standard app note for a non-major update. This update is just general optimizations. It doesn't include any major changes to the game.

Den8137259
06-21-17, 04:59 PM
★ ty all for your inputs. I am actually looking for the info brief on the updates, same as what FireballFarm is asking. moreover we are sufficiently IT-trained to understand these, to discern on the urgency to update or not ★

well if it is just minor updates, and i could live with a few app poofing at times (it just tells me i have played too long). In addition I could save 215MB of device space.

thus I am not updating (: ★ ty ★

[S8] Elsa
06-21-17, 05:06 PM
★ ty all for your inputs. I am actually looking for the info brief on the updates, same as what FireballFarm is asking. moreover we are sufficiently IT-trained to understand these, to discern on the urgency to update or not ★

well if it is just minor updates, and i could live with a few app poofing at times (it just tells me i have played too long). In addition I could save 215MB of device space.

thus I am not updating (: ★ ty ★

It's not an urgent update, but we recommend players always update to the latest version. If you need the space, it's okay to wait.

P.S: As you encounter new images, they're cached offline. If you haven't reinstalled in a while, you can try this to free up space because it'll clear out whatever image you saw previously but don't need to interact with anymore. Please note it would be a full reinstall of the game files, though. Just allow a few minutes over wifi for your Dragons on your board to load up.

bakerystoe
06-21-17, 07:47 PM
Why you guys always complain?? It is a update and you should be happy with it. plus bug was fixed and more improvements were included. I saw the difference when you type in your emojis icons like it is more real and more beautiful

nicsdragonisle
06-22-17, 07:14 AM
I updated with hopes that crashing would be improved. I'd like to share that not only am I crashing when visiting nbrs, I now crash on my own islands. A lot...as in every few minutes. I'm almost afraid to do anything that's event related -- had purchased a 30 gold boost for LB then crashed. Gold was deducted but boost never activated. Notified tech support and was told the problem must be an unstable internet connection. It most definitely was not. Btw, I've not asked for reimbursement before.
I've gone from a daily visiting all nbr 4 egg player to occasionally 1-2 eggs. Usually my rating now is 0 -- since I just don't have enough time to revisit everyone at least twice.
If you haven't updated, I'd advise against it. I REALLY wish I hadn't.

Shar33
06-22-17, 09:27 AM
Why you guys always complain?? It is a update and you should be happy with it. plus bug was fixed and more improvements were included. I saw the difference when you type in your emojis icons like it is more real and more beautiful

Well on Android we can't see any emoji for some reason even though we can see them EVERYWHERE else. I would say hopefully they will fix that bug for us but I no longer have faith in anything storm 8. Btw people always complain because they do everything to upset players that's why. Also every time android gets an update it always says bug fixes even if it's filled with new features and plus the bugs I have and see are never fixed