PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Sun leaderboard Event

random59
06-05-17, 11:58 AM
Can't get photo on this post but 3 new dragons tomorrow The Sun, Dawn and Dusk dragon in new leaderboard starting tomorrow.

Hey everyone, the Sun Dias is a 2x2 habitat. It's actually more efficient. In the same space that a normal habitat would take up, you can put 4 Sun Dias habitats and hold double the amount of dragons.

Milestones:

50- 8000 coins
500- Dusk Dragon
1600- ?
2400- ?
3600- Sun Dias Habitat
4800- ?
6000-?
7200- Sunflower Dragon
8600-Sunlight Dragon
10,500- Dawn Dragon

Anaboe
06-05-17, 12:26 PM
Forgot if you can earn points by growing crops, does anyone know?

And at what time (West Europe) does it start?

katali119
06-05-17, 12:39 PM

Not usually (Warning: Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance) it is usually nests, dens and temples, plus banners. And the wheel. UK starts 6:30pm.

Bastiaan0
06-05-17, 12:40 PM

Not for growing, but for feeding. 1 point for every 500 apples fed.

10:30 DST (Dragon Story Time :p), 18:30 GMT or 19:30 CET

Anaboe
06-05-17, 01:10 PM
Thnx!

Carbuck
06-05-17, 01:39 PM
I hope we are able to get more info on this before it starts.

random59
06-05-17, 01:54 PM
Actually looking forward to this as I need some me time and need to get food reserves up so I can feed some starving dragons. Sorry I couldn't post the pop up banner of this event, maybe one of the mods could do it!

.....Almost forgot, should be a new craftable dragon from battling in the arena as well.

Den8137259
06-05-17, 03:34 PM
★ random ty for heads up (: ★ the pic .. see if you could clone it up to your post (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBl1UTnUAAAWS1A?format=jpg

PinkBubbles75
06-05-17, 03:43 PM
I guessing the one on the far right is dawn? It's the cutest one of the bunch in my opinion. Not crazy about the middle one... it looks off in the face & unfinished.. The other one looks kind of nice. Can't wait to see the milestone prizes.

belarica
06-05-17, 06:37 PM
These dragons look so..blah. Good luck everyone going for them. I'll save my apples and gold for better looking ones.

Hartoled
06-05-17, 10:30 PM
I used to like Leaderboards, but now I can't even justify trying for a trophy from a game that has degenerated into something that makes me regret the efforts to even win the victories that I had in the past. They bring back the prize dragons as breedables or value packs, they literally encourage people not to try by rewarding them with the Wheel, they make matches between disparate players, or those who have serious advantages over others, and then ignore us when we bring stuff like that up. I have serious suspicions that it's somehow been hacked or S8 is sending in ringers with unlimited free gold. That might not be true, but things are off enough to make something seem very wrong.

I applaud the efforts of those who make the dragons. I might even buy one if it has some kind of super powers.

ksbmommy
06-06-17, 02:55 AM
These dragons look so..blah. Good luck everyone going for them. I'll save my apples and gold for better looking ones.

I thought the same thing, none of them really a must have from the visuals. I'll work on the milestones and collecting food during this one.

I did prep everything, I have a 40 hour ultra rare ready to go to the nest and left the nests full this morning. I'll hatch them once the event starts. With only 150k food right now, no one is getting fed. I'm looking to save 500k apples before anyone gets anything.

Clark_Wayne
06-06-17, 07:50 AM
not fan of these dragons. hope milestones prizes are better
and will see if my group is easy or not ;)

sophiensissi
06-06-17, 08:16 AM
★ random ty for heads up (: ★ the pic .. see if you could clone it up to your post (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBl1UTnUAAAWS1A?format=jpg

Middle one looks like my MIL, smug and annoying. 😂😂😂

amerirish
06-06-17, 10:42 AM
One of the Milestone prizes (also for sale in the Market) is a habitat "Sun Dias". The info card says that it's dragon capacity is 2 (???) That has to be a misprint right?

farmday0123
06-06-17, 10:47 AM
Omg nice that they made new habitat for leaderboard but only event hold only 2 dragons, i think i will not let it out, waste of space :(

kooky panda
06-06-17, 10:48 AM
One of the Milestone prizes (also for sale in the Market) is a habitat "Sun Dias". The info card says that it's dragon capacity is 2 (???) That has to be a misprint right?

Ummm... I will check on this.

AuroraLava
06-06-17, 10:53 AM
Yaaaay someone is already over 1.5K points with boosting in my main account's group. I hope they keep fighting so we can get all the milestones through big spin points!!!

Hartoled
06-06-17, 11:05 AM
I already have a Sunlight Dragon from the Shattered Sky Tales, and I bred a Sunflower Dragon the other day. With triple points, I think this will be an easy LB to just ride along until I get the Dawn Dragon. I already have an epic Mage Dragon with the same colors as the Sun Dragon, so I can't really see much point to spending my usual crazy amount of Gold to take him home.

ksbmommy
06-06-17, 11:07 AM
Yaaaay someone is already over 1.5K points with boosting in my main account's group. I hope they keep fighting so we can get all the milestones through big spin points!!!

Well.........I'm at 1,471 points with a boost - that won't keep up, lol! That is one of my higher starting totals on a LB ever! Lucky pre-planning this time.

By the way this is only a TEN day event - and the last milestone is at 10.5k points. Do the math - that's over 1k points a DAY to get the Dawn dragon. The math is NOT in our favor unless your boosting, enough said!

katali119
06-06-17, 11:08 AM
I already have a Sunlight Dragon from the Shattered Sky Tales, and I bred a Sunflower Dragon the other day. With triple points, I think this will be an easy LB to just ride along until I get the Dawn Dragon. I already have an epic Mage Dragon with the same colors as the Sun Dragon, so I can't really see much point to spending my usual crazy amount of Gold to take him home.

Don't think I'm in your group this time, (although I've forgotten your island name :O) so I might stand a chance of the top prize lol Hang on, triple points? Where did you see that?

Hartoled
06-06-17, 11:18 AM
Don't think I'm in your group this time, (although I've forgotten your island name :O) so I might stand a chance of the top prize lol Hang on, triple points? Where did you see that?

Under the Info tab in the LB.

Florr06
06-06-17, 11:20 AM
Pleasantly surprised to see the only dragon I liked of the three in the pop-up (Dusk) is only the 2nd milestone. I'm not crazy about the big prize dragons and already have Sunlight so I'll take a relaxed approach - Dusk & the habitat should be achievable for me

ksbmommy
06-06-17, 11:20 AM
It's not really triple points, it's 3 points per hour.

So, it's 3 points per hour of breeding, hatching and evolving. Essentially, 24 x 3 = 72 points per "thing" you have each day. If you have 4 nests, 2 evolution temples and 2 dens going on the main island, it's only 576 points per day - far short of the 1,000 points per day we need to get the Dawn. We're going to need some help here to get Dawn!!!

Someone please tell me my math is wrong..........

Florr06
06-06-17, 11:21 AM
Under the Info tab in the LB.

Isn't 3 points per hour of breeding, hatching and evolving normal for a LB?

ksbmommy
06-06-17, 11:22 AM

Yes!

starship412
06-06-17, 11:23 AM
This is a blah Leaderboard. Most of the dragons in this one have white elements which, a lot of the times, are weak in tournament play as we experienced with Fungi.

Phoenix406
06-06-17, 11:26 AM
I'm in first place with 72 points. yay me! ;)

sharbuch
06-06-17, 11:28 AM
This event sucks i have gone through so much food trying to get dusk to level 12. Its just stupid to have to do it. I am so P.O right now. What where they thinking my next level is trying to get him to 11/ 12000 food each time bull complete bull.

Hartoled
06-06-17, 11:29 AM

Oh...OK...Then I guess 10.5K is pretty high for people who aren't aiming to win. With no new Bingo Dragons for months, there's not much incentive to get busy, unless they come up with some nice breedable dragons in the week ahead.

I agree, Dawn is a cutie.

katali119
06-06-17, 11:51 AM
Oh...OK...Then I guess 10.5K is pretty high for people who aren't aiming to win. With no new Bingo Dragons for months, there's not much incentive to get busy, unless they come up with some nice breedable dragons in the week ahead.

I agree, Dawn is a cutie.

Yes, it's always 3 points per hour, my spreadsheet tells me :p ;) Without crazy high leaders, or something else, I can manage to get between 4-8000 points (and the 8 would be using ALL my food) not a hope of that high. Normally they're around the 7-8k mark, and often more days. This is the highest one I remember since I started playing.

amerirish
06-06-17, 12:17 PM
10.5k for the last Milestone?? :eek: Usually it's around 7.5k - 8.5k. Why do they keep making such drastic changes that no one asks for? :(

starship412
06-06-17, 12:24 PM
Another thing about this Leaderboard that's pretty sad is most of the dragons on it are rare and recycled. Plus the Sun Dragon is nothing to write home about as one person stated here, it has the same attributes as Mage (which, by the way is a great dragon) so I'll just sit back and maybe go to the habitat and stop. High leaderboard point numbers for Sunflower (7200) and Sunlight (8600) are just ridiculous for rare, re-released dragons but c'est la vie, life goes on. Good luck to all of you who will battle through this event.

lenasdinner
06-06-17, 12:34 PM
There is a "side book goals" in this event again.Does anyone now something about that?
It's like hatching Dusk dragon and feeding him brings a huge amount of points,maybe that has something to do with last milestone huge points,since my game is loading all the time,I can't even see whats the final prize of that gooal,if you finish all 10 tasc in it (I think there are 10)......

random59
06-06-17, 12:53 PM
There is a "side book goals" in this event again.Does anyone now something about that?
It's like hatching Dusk dragon and feeding him brings a huge amount of points,maybe that has something to do with last milestone huge points,since my game is loading all the time,I can't even see whats the final prize of that gooal,if you finish all 10 tasc in it (I think there are 10)......

To take Dusk to level 15 = 712,000 apples. There was a post previously about someone stating how much food it was taking!

random59
06-06-17, 12:58 PM
This event sucks i have gone through so much food trying to get dusk to level 12. Its just stupid to have to do it. I am so P.O right now. What where they thinking my next level is trying to get him to 11/ 12000 food each time bull complete bull.

May I ask how many crowns you have received so far, just worked out to get it to level 15 is 712,000 apples.

amerirish
06-06-17, 01:00 PM
To take Dusk to level 15 = 712,000 apples. There was a post previously about someone stating how much food it was taking!

This is ludicrous - they keep upping the food requirements without increasing our farm outputs. Loco in la cabeza!

lenasdinner
06-06-17, 01:03 PM
To take Dusk to level 15 = 712,000 apples. There was a post previously about someone stating they had taken it up to level 11 and they had no more food left, that post looks to have been removed, looked twice for it but can't find it.

ok,thanx,diden't see that post at all.....at the end what's the prize when you feed him to lvl 15? As usual you get points for feeding every other dragon,I don't see the point if there is no other prize,I can feed any dragon to get leaderboard points :confused:

lenasdinner
06-06-17, 01:10 PM
This is ludicrous - they keep upping the food requirements without increasing our farm outputs. Loco in la cabeza!

totally agree with you...I'm with low food this time,don't know how far I can get,but what ever,this week will be relaxing for me,I'm not in to this one at all.......will preapre my food for future time....even thou I need to level up some dragons,but low food low food can't go very far,even with no leaderboard

random59
06-06-17, 01:22 PM
totally agree with you...I'm with low food this time,don't know how far I can get,but what ever,this week will be relaxing for me,I'm not in to this one at all.......will preapre my food for future time....even thou I need to level up some dragons,but low food low food can't go very far,even with no leaderboard

Must admit I will be joining you, getting very tired of recycled dragons and the bar being raised all the time. Will concentrate on harvesting food and battling.

ksbmommy
06-06-17, 01:26 PM
ok,thanx,diden't see that post at all.....at the end what's the prize when you feed him to lvl 15? As usual you get points for feeding every other dragon,I don't see the point if there is no other prize,I can feed any dragon to get leaderboard points :confused:

I won't be working on this - he may get fed if I need something to evolve but I doubt it. I have a list of dragons that need food and farming as much as I can 712k for just one dragon is ridiculous.

So you will have to tap and plant a total of 890 diamond dates or 2,373.33 rushrooms or 7,120 upgrapes to get this much food. It's kind of depressing when you do the math on it.

With 7 farms, it still takes forever for that much food. Someone at S8 isn't doing the math on the feeding to farm output ratios.........

katali119
06-06-17, 01:28 PM

How many points are you getting for doing the tasks?

dragonsblue90
06-06-17, 01:28 PM
Maybe I've overlooked it, but how do you get the shrines (Solar and Dawn)?

katali119
06-06-17, 01:30 PM

buy them.

random59
06-06-17, 01:31 PM

Buy them in the market.

AnnirasSweets
06-06-17, 01:35 PM
How many points are you getting for doing the tasks?

I missed how many I got for the first task which is to hatch the egg itself.

2nd task - Raise Dusk to level 4 for 50 crowns.
3rd task - Raise Dusk to level 5 for 50 crowns.
4th task - Raise Dusk to level 6 for 75 crowns.
5th task - Raise Dusk to level 7 for 75 crowns.

He is currently evolving with a boost but still at 19 hrs it might be a bit, I'll report back later but I'm not sure how far I'll go with this as food is always in such short supply at my island.

FieldsLikeB
06-06-17, 01:36 PM
There no way to get to the last milestone as it stands really sad I like the last milestone very much.

katali119
06-06-17, 01:38 PM
There no way to get to the last milestone as it stands really sad I like the last milestone very much.

If your group has some high point-ers, then you can get a lot of points on your spins and make it :) I'm hoping for that, because I won't make it otherwise!

random59
06-06-17, 01:40 PM
I don't know how far you have raise Dusk or what you get in return, waiting to see if Sharbuck responds. I did the food requirement to level 15, food requirements are 100, 200, 500, 1,200, 3,000, 5,000, 12,000, 28,000, 50,000, 60,000, 84,000, 109,200, 142,000, 217,500.

random59
06-06-17, 01:42 PM

He is currently evolving with a boost but still at 19 hrs it might be a bit, I'll report back later but I'm not sure how far I'll go with this as food is always in such short supply at my island.

Thanks for the heads up, can't see me doing it!

lenasdinner
06-06-17, 01:44 PM
With 7 farms, it still takes forever for that much food. Someone at S8 isn't doing the math on the feeding to farm output ratios.........

I think we don't need another farm....to have 8 or 9 or 10,it would be great only to put new dragon food with biger amout so we can feed this dragons more often,especialy when we need food in every single event to be able to finish it

AnnirasSweets
06-06-17, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up, can't see me doing it!

Even though I have tons of dragons that need feeding, I see this task pop up and I just feel compelled to do it, lol, I can't turn away from a goal. I figure losing the food won't **** me since I already have a few level 15 that work really well for tournaments. The rest of my dragons will just have to go on a bit of diet til Dusk is happy and fat.

kooky panda
06-06-17, 02:21 PM
I am sorry but the 2 Dragon capacity is not a glitch.

random59
06-06-17, 02:39 PM

Another habitat to languish is storage then, won't place 3 dragon habitats as don't have the room and now you guys are rewarding us with a 2 dragon habitat. Think my habitats in storage after this will be 14!

starship412
06-06-17, 03:06 PM
I used to like Leaderboards, but now I can't even justify trying for a trophy from a game that has degenerated into something that makes me regret the efforts to even win the victories that I had in the past. They bring back the prize dragons as breedables or value packs, they literally encourage people not to try by rewarding them with the Wheel, they make matches between disparate players, or those who have serious advantages over others, and then ignore us when we bring stuff like that up. I have serious suspicions that it's somehow been hacked or S8 is sending in ringers with unlimited free gold. That might not be true, but things are off enough to make something seem very wrong.

I applaud the efforts of those who make the dragons. I might even buy one if it has some kind of super powers.

You know what, I have the same suspicions about the LB events sometimes. The way the last 2 events have been handled (Dragon Tales and the last tournament) it only heightened my suspicions. I hope, as well, it's not the case.

starship412
06-06-17, 03:11 PM
Another habitat to languish is storage then, won't place 3 dragon habitats as don't have the room and now you guys are rewarding us with a 2 dragon habitat. Think my habitats in storage after this will be 14!

So true, the 2 dragon habitat is a waste of space. Granted, there's more coins that come from this habitat and it may be good for low level players who need the coins but it's not good for multi-millionaire coin holders like me. So sad that these events have come to this.

FireballFarm
06-06-17, 03:48 PM
Really? Of all the sun-based dragons in the game Sunlight and Sunflower are the two picked?? Sunlight was the first dragon in Tales less than a year ago. Lame. Sunflower was breedable last week. For recycled dragons, Sunset, Sunshine, or Sunburst would have been much better choices- older dragons that everyone doesn't already have. These events are starting to feel like slapped-together after thoughts, and they are certainly not worthy the time and money you expect players to dump into them. Even the 'prize' dragons on this one are weak. I do like 2nd milestone one, but the other two look unfinished and not up to the usual high standards or expectations.

And a 2-dragon capacity habitat? Really? Have you not seen the huge thread of paying customers who have no space left for ANY new habitats? What is the point of a 2 dragon habitat? It's not like it can be put in storage when someone inevitably runs out of space and needs to replace it with a real, 3-4 dragon habitat...a totally pointless waste.

My bit of speculation: I think they are trying to suck as much money out of everyone as they can for a few months ($30 offers. Really?) and then end it all or sell out to another developer. It's the only thing that makes sense at this point. And, some of these recent, head-scratch-inducing behaviors mirror what the developer of one of my other favorite games did before they sold it off. The good news is we got a new, better developer- and that's what I am hoping happens here.

At first I couldn't believed they'd managed to ruin even a LB event...but then I remembered who we are working with, here.

Really, S8?

katali119
06-06-17, 03:53 PM
Is it a tiny habitat like the diamond one?

kooky panda
06-06-17, 06:21 PM
Is it a tiny habitat like the diamond one?

Yes it is a small habitat like the diamond habitat.

nicsdragonisle
06-06-17, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the clarification Kooky and thanks to you also Katali119 for thinking to ask about the size. Makes it a WAY better prize for those with limited space to squeeze it in.

JustKay
06-06-17, 08:47 PM
Wow, so many new different things this LB. They clearly want to burn through peoples stocks of food!

Not sure how seriously I'll play this LB. The trophy looks so flat, the new dragons look rushed (and kinda flat too except for Dawn) in the banner and the points requirements are pretty steep for milestones. I guess I probably should use up some of my 2millinom stockpile of food but would prefer to feed better dragons

FireballFarm
06-06-17, 09:08 PM
Oh, yay. Stellar Steps.
Again. -_-

retseho
06-06-17, 09:28 PM

So area used is only 4 small squares to hold 2 dragons. This works out to 8 dragons for the same area used by a large or premium habitat.
Now, if S8 put another 3 more tiny-2 dragon habitats as milestones in future events, we can put these 4 tiny habitats together to occupy the same area as a large/premium habitat but hold 8 dragons.
Good solution for the lack of space.
Quite many long term players have over 100 dragons in storage. Some have multiple hundreds in storage.

Probably need to keep the dragons as babies in these tiny habitats otherwise it will look overcrowded.

AnnirasSweets
06-06-17, 09:42 PM

6th task - Raise Dusk to level 8 for 100 crowns
7th task - Raise Dusk to level 9 for 100 crowns.

Also, I just received my 1,600 point prize and it was 8,000 coins. I was so annoyed it was mere coins I barely glanced before closing it so there is a small chance it was 80 thousand but I'm pretty sure it was only 8.

JustKay
06-06-17, 11:09 PM
So area used is only 4 small squares to hold 2 dragons. This works out to 8 dragons for the same area used by a large or premium habitat.
Now, if S8 put another 3 more tiny-2 dragon habitats as milestones in future events, we can put these 4 tiny habitats together to occupy the same area as a large/premium habitat but hold 8 dragons.
Good solution for the lack of space.
Quite many long term players have over 100 dragons in storage. Some have multiple hundreds in storage.

Probably need to keep the dragons as babies in these tiny habitats otherwise it will look overcrowded.

This might be the future of new habitats. It could be that the permanent solution to the space issue is to bring in more compact habitats, and convince maxed out islands to phase out older less space efficient habitats with the new smaller ones. That's the best idea they had so far! It means my old device should still be able to run my own island while other islands that I can't safely visit anyway with just get more dense. Only drawback is that to switch to the compact habitats you'd have to sell off lots of older habitants including premium ones since there's no way to store habitats in storage... Hint hint

Hartoled
06-06-17, 11:25 PM
Food is not my favorite point accumulator. I think that if they gave us a point per 100, I'd still be stingy with it.

I second the need for the ability to store habitats. Just think how much fun it would be to redecorate from time to time. Add in multiple stables and you'd breath new life into the game for older players.

katali119
06-07-17, 12:02 AM
I'm going to be thousands of points short of that massive amount needed for the final milestone. It appears I'm not in a big boosting group this time. A few hundred for that goal is not going to be enough :'(

pernmagic
06-07-17, 01:10 AM
Must admit I will be joining you, getting very tired of recycled dragons and the bar being raised all the time. Will concentrate on harvesting food and battling.

Agree with you all ... simple :) will just plod on and feed whom I want to feed up ....

JustKay
06-07-17, 03:31 AM
I used to like Leaderboards, but now I can't even justify trying for a trophy from a game that has degenerated into something that makes me regret the efforts to even win the victories that I had in the past. They bring back the prize dragons as breedables or value packs, they literally encourage people not to try by rewarding them with the Wheel, they make matches between disparate players, or those who have serious advantages over others, and then ignore us when we bring stuff like that up.

I was playing FFS story's previous LB and it seemed like they tweaked the wheel so that it only ever rubber banded you to about 15th rank. Maybe they are tweaking the wheel to be less advantageous. I'll assess how this LB goes and report back what I experience. There seems to be less low hanging fruit in this game these days, they want us to work for it now as per the new milestone points requirements demonstrate.

JustKay
06-07-17, 03:35 AM
Food is not my favorite point accumulator. I think that if they gave us a point per 100, I'd still be stingy with it.

I second the need for the ability to store habitats. Just think how much fun it would be to redecorate from time to time. Add in multiple stables and you'd breath new life into the game for older players.

I second your multiple stables idea! They don't need to actually expand the existing stable, just up the number of stables you can have and watch the gold flow it for the additional upgrades. I would love to be able to store more of my dragons as it would definitely help ease the crashing problem for me.

Clark_Wayne
06-07-17, 04:09 AM
This might be the future of new habitats. It could be that the permanent solution to the space issue is to bring in more compact habitats, and convince maxed out islands to phase out older less space efficient habitats with the new smaller ones. That's the best idea they had so far! It means my old device should still be able to run my own island while other islands that I can't safely visit anyway with just get more dense. Only drawback is that to switch to the compact habitats you'd have to sell off lots of older habitants including premium ones since there's no way to store habitats in storage... Hint hint

but for those who have no places (already full of 4x4 habitat) , this is not a solution.
i'm not going to sell my gold habitats !
i think they should transform the existing 4x4 habitats into 3x3 habitats so we will have lots of free space
or create bigger stable as suggested ;)

amerirish
06-07-17, 07:28 AM

Thank you for checking on this & letting us know kooky. This really seems like poor game design. With all of the players begging for more land & habitats, why would they put out habitats that hold less dragons ( SMH :confused: )

bakerystoe
06-07-17, 08:20 AM
We need to spend tons of golds if we want to get dawn dragon. About 1050 points a day is hard for a person who doesn't have lots of foods. Will get the sunflower though!! Nice event dragons btw!!! I am looking forward to some features( good beneficial ones) for these kinds.
P/s: there is a side quest which gives points

katali119
06-07-17, 08:24 AM
Is anyone else having a problem spinning the wheel? It just will not spin for me. It's not me being stupid either, because it spins first try on my baby account on a different device. I don't normally have this problem on this account/device.

AnnirasSweets
06-07-17, 09:16 AM
Just received my 2400 prize box and it was more coins. 16,000 to be exact so this confirms the 1600 prize box was indeed only 8,000 coins. I was really hoping for something slightly useful like food.

Morag2000
06-07-17, 09:29 AM
Is anyone else having a problem spinning the wheel? It just will not spin for me. It's not me being stupid either, because it spins first try on my baby account on a different device. I don't normally have this problem on this account/device.

I too, am having trouble spinning the wheel, someimes it spins ok and sometimes it takes about 20 goes. The same happens on FFS.

FlatFoot
06-07-17, 10:39 AM
Thank you for checking on this & letting us know kooky. This really seems like poor game design. With all of the players begging for more land & habitats, why would they put out habitats that hold less dragons ( SMH :confused: )

Hey everyone, the Sun Dias is a 2x2 habitat. It's actually more efficient. In the same space that a normal habitat would take up, you can put 4 Sun Dias habitats and hold double the amount of dragons.

pernmagic
06-07-17, 10:51 AM
Flatfoot thanks for your explanation AND the diagram to explain ...... but not sure how many will want to sell existing habitats but will wait and see how it goes .....

Florr06
06-07-17, 11:08 AM

Hey FlatFoot thanks for the explanation :D in that case I would not mind more 2 dragon habitats (although I'm not short on space so wouldn't have to sell anything)

farmday0123
06-07-17, 11:29 AM

37034. That kool, that making same habitats like fantasy forest, i like that, hope design looking better later :)

random59
06-07-17, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the explanation but I am not selling my premium habitats which I scrimped and saved to get the gold to buy them by ceasing to sped breed etc for new ones. Make our current 4 habitats automatically upgrade able to 8 dragons, otherwise to me this is just another cash grab manoeuvre or your part and you can pat yourselves on the back about solving our lack of space issue.

AnnirasSweets
06-07-17, 06:47 PM
The 8th task in the Dusk to Dawn side goal is to Raise Dusk to level 10 for a 125 crown reward.

starship412
06-07-17, 07:00 PM
How many Sun Dias habitats are offered in this Leaderboard?

Habajaba69
06-07-17, 07:35 PM
Someone's already over 12k in my leaderboard.. yeah, not going to bother with trying to compete with that.

cherrycastleorchard
06-07-17, 07:50 PM
Oh, yay. Stellar Steps.
Again. -_-

Getting beyond a joke now. So sorry that I have spent so much gold on this game,makes it hard to give up. Maybe I will just play and not do any events. If they cannot even give people room for habitats and we have to leave so many in storage as well as dragons, what is the point? Crappy prizes anyhow lately, very disenchanted.

JustKay
06-07-17, 07:51 PM
How many Sun Dias habitats are offered in this Leaderboard?

Just one. I really think they need to allow us to store habitats we've bought. We can't be expected to buy more SunDias type habitats for gold while at the same time selling off older habitats we paid gold for. It'd be like expecting us to invest more gold into something which one day we will have to delete. We know habitats can go into storage, we just need the button to do it ourselves. Imagine how crazy we can decorate our islands if we could place and store habitats like decorations! And entire island in Halloween theme or valentines theme! So much money could be spent!

The 2x2x2dragon habitats are a genius way to solve the space issue, but they are just missing this one thing to make it really work

AuroraLava
06-08-17, 06:03 AM
Just one. I really think they need to allow us to store habitats we've bought. We can't be expected to buy more SunDias type habitats for gold while at the same time selling off older habitats we paid gold for. It'd be like expecting us to invest more gold into something which one day we will have to delete. We know habitats can go into storage, we just need the button to do it ourselves. Imagine how crazy we can decorate our islands if we could place and store habitats like decorations! And entire island in Halloween theme or valentines theme! So much money could be spent!

The 2x2x2dragon habitats are a genius way to solve the space issue, but they are just missing this one thing to make it really work

Can you imagine how much money they could make if they offered 4 of the 2*2 habitats that fit together in a theme and sold for 100 gold each? I know many people would buy the 4 habitats to see how they all fit together plus at 100 it is affordable so MANY players would get it and if they looked nice enough we would buy TWO sets. On BOTH of my FFS games I bought two sets of all four celestial habitats because they were 1) reasonably priced and 2) looked good as a set. Of course now I have no more gems but it was worth it to me to spend at a lower price to get all four habitats. If they were more expensive I would not even get just one.

katali119
06-08-17, 06:24 AM
Can you imagine how much money they could make if they offered 4 of the 2*2 habitats that fit together in a theme and sold for 100 gold each? I know many people would buy the 4 habitats to see how they all fit together plus at 100 it is affordable so MANY players would get it and if they looked nice enough we would buy TWO sets. On BOTH of my FFS games I bought two sets of all four celestial habitats because they were 1) reasonably priced and 2) looked good as a set. Of course now I have no more gems but it was worth it to me to spend at a lower price to get all four habitats. If they were more expensive I would not even get just one.

Yeah, they've not quite got the hang of the "microtransaction" model have they!

amerirish
06-08-17, 08:51 AM

I appreciate this concept FlatFoot but in order to take advantage we need to spend a minimum of 450 gold :( (buy three in Market for 150 Gold each and achieve the Milestone for one)

katali119
06-08-17, 10:00 AM
The 8th task in the Dusk to Dawn side goal is to Raise Dusk to level 10 for a 125 crown reward.

Thanks, I appreciate knowing this :)

I do think whoever wrote this needs to clarify why they think a total of, so far, less than 1000 points equals "a ton of points" when the last milestone is more like 2-3k points bigger than normal though! I've been spoiled the last couple of lb's in being in big scoring groups and been able to get all the milestones.

amerirish
06-08-17, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know when the sale on the Sun Dias ends? Is it tomorrow or Tuesday? As much as it'll burn me up to spend so much gold, I might have to in order to finally hatch some of my stored eggs.

starship412
06-08-17, 11:51 AM
Does the Dusk side task start after hatching? I don't see those tasks on my game at all.

katali119
06-08-17, 12:10 PM
Does the Dusk side task start after hatching? I don't see those tasks on my game at all.

I've had it up right from the start. Check in your goalbook?

kooky panda
06-08-17, 12:24 PM
Scroll down your goals. Mine was the very last one and it showed up when the Leaderboard started.

FieldsLikeB
06-08-17, 12:35 PM
I really, really like the Sun Dias! Had just the spot for it where I couldn't place a big habitat and I love 10k coin earners. Really a dandy addition to my island.

I also like my dusk dragon but it surely isn't earning what she's eats, hey.

starship412
06-08-17, 01:01 PM
Oh okay, Thanks Kooky and Katali!

AnnirasSweets
06-08-17, 03:11 PM
The 6th prize that you get when you reach 4.8K points is 16,000 coins.

The 9th task in the side goal is to raise Dusk to level 11 for a reward of 175 crowns.

Curlywhirlygirl
06-08-17, 03:15 PM
I am so frustrated with this event. I have yet to win points in a spin but now have 60 stellar steps. I play 4x a day and have moved into last place. I watch the spinner jump to the steps every time. Fishy! I have spent more money on this game than any other ever and now think that I was stupid. I think I'm going to quit trying and just try to get different dragons thru breeding. Not one more penny.

Shar33
06-08-17, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know when the sale on the Sun Dias ends? Is it tomorrow or Tuesday? As much as it'll burn me up to spend so much gold, I might have to in order to finally hatch some of my stored eggs.

Are you sure you want to use 1 4x4 habitat space but 4 actual habitat slots?

JustKay
06-08-17, 06:32 PM

I bet that once it is proven that 2x2x2 is the future for habitats, then they will crank up the habitat limits massively to support this. However u make a good point that in the transition period u do have to make that trade off. I think some people have already mentioned a mismatch between the habitats limit & space available

amerirish
06-08-17, 08:27 PM

Not particularly but I haven't actually mapped out the strategy in my head fully yet. This is one of the reasons I would like to know when the sale ends. I have about 83-85 unique eggs in storage that I am afraid to hatch for fear of running out of space to house them. Just trying to weigh all my options at this point :)

ksbmommy
06-09-17, 02:57 AM
I like the 2x2x2 idea if this is the future. Not sure how that will impact performance of the game but it does solve the land dilemma. It seems easier for them to lift the habitat cap than to give us land. More options to decorate with this size - might be easier to find my dragons too.

AnnirasSweets
06-09-17, 10:31 AM
The 7th prize box you get for reaching 6K points is 7500 food, which in my opinion is better than coins too bad it's the last prize other than dragons.

SassieNewf
06-09-17, 10:42 AM
If my math is correct. Even if we planted upgrapes every ten minutes for 16 hrs a day for the 7 days left...we'd still only have made around 450000 apples not the 750000 needed for lv 15. Again they do something impossible like asking us to find 360 hrs of breeding time in a 10 day period (240 hrs) Really starting to dislike this game. The greed in just the last two months is astounding!!!

random59
06-09-17, 11:43 AM
I bet that once it is proven that 2x2x2 is the future for habitats, then they will crank up the habitat limits massively to support this. However u make a good point that in the transition period u do have to make that trade off. I think some people have already mentioned a mismatch between the habitats limit & space available

I have my doubts about them giving us more habitats, it will be a control issue for them to use.

I have concerns about the quality and performance of the game should this become a norm. The game is unstable as it is, my game crashes even on playing with an iPhone 7, so it is certainly not my device. The graphics certainly need a complete overhaul before they introduce something like a 2 habitat, can you imagine what it will look like with say 2 level 15 dragons trying to share a small space like that!

I have problems finding some of my dragons now, cramming them in like sardines would just make it worse.

I will not be buying any of these habitats as I can't see anything good coming from them, all they will do is eat up our habitat allotment!

Shar33
06-09-17, 11:59 AM
I have my doubts about them giving us more habitats, it will be a control issue for them to use.

I have concerns about the quality and performance of the game should this become a norm. The game is unstable as it is, my game crashes even on playing with an iPhone 7, so it is certainly not my device. The graphics certainly need a complete overhaul before they introduce something like a 2 habitat, can you imagine what it will look like with say 2 level 15 dragons trying to share a small space like that!

I have problems finding some of my dragons now, cramming them in like sardines would just make it worse.

I will not be buying any of these habitats as I can't see anything good coming from them, all they will do is eat up our habitat allotment!

Yep, bingo. Lol. Unless there is no longer a habitat cap (when pigs fly) they're useless. Now some will be begging for land and some for habitats, because who ever starts using the little 2x2s will be habitat capped but they'll have land. I'm not buying anything from them until they fix this issue. Not going to end up like my level 200 old school neighbors

FireballFarm
06-09-17, 01:17 PM
So, does the Dusk do something spectacular once you get it leveled all the way up? Does it transform from a weak purple/yellow/white into a mega-Champion? Because, so far, I am not impressed. At all. The crowns from feeding it up are certainly not the promised 'tons,' and it takes waaaay too much food. I have a bad feeling the 'prize' at the end will be something useless, as usual- like 20,000 food or some coins. Sadly, I don't trust S8 enough to find out, so I think I'm done feeding mine.

chuckyt888
06-09-17, 05:39 PM
All the signs of a game end-of-life burn are there unfortunately. At this point all they are trying to do is squeeze every last penny from whales. It's really sad when there are so many dedicated players who have stopped contributing real money to the game due to the way the game started heading well over a year ago. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for S8.

It is impossible to reach the last milestone on this leaderboard without spending a substantial amount of gold. Barring days of double or triple points or a massive increase in points for several days on the wheel, there are going to be many unhappy players this time.

There are many competitive people on my leaderboard as usual and nobody is even close to the 1000+ point per day mark needed to reach the last milestone. Nobody is boosting. No point when even 30 gold boosts barely keep your head above water.

I really hate to say it but this feels like the beginning of the end.

Den8137259
06-09-17, 10:20 PM
★ sorry can't help but notice similar posts on habitats, space and stuff in multiple threads (: ★

★ will shift mine to other one (: ★

zaccy678
06-09-17, 10:35 PM
Just realised that I already have Sunflower and Sunlight :(

My doubles are getting out of control.

If old dragons are going to be reissued, can they at least be really old, rather than from the last year?

Den8137259
06-09-17, 10:42 PM
If old dragons are going to be reissued, can they at least be really old, rather than from the last year?

★ agree totally on this (: ★

or just redesign, tweak a bit like how Pokemon did, with a new name ★ (:

Anaboe
06-10-17, 01:04 AM
Next task: Dusk to dawn: raise your Dusk dragon to level 11. Reward: 175 leaderboard point.

So not gonna do this. I refuse to feed any dragon above lvl 7, apart from the dragon-tales, and those already are a huge drain on my foodsupply.

noemata
06-10-17, 02:38 AM
Hey, did anyone notice that if NO-one plays leaderboard in their teams...everyone wins first prize!! ;)

JustKay
06-10-17, 05:46 AM
Hey, did anyone notice that if NO-one plays leaderboard in their teams...everyone wins first prize!! ;)

That would involve not breeding or doing anything in the game for a whole week or two! Better off just not opening the game and you have to organise this with 20 other complete strangers?? good luck!

Shar33
06-10-17, 11:58 AM
Just realised that I already have Sunflower and Sunlight :(

My doubles are getting out of control.

Ive also been wanting older dragons. I've been noticing lately, even all the value pack dragons I have and that's really saying something since I by no means am close to having every dragon. They seem to just add new and then recycle dragons from the same year or last. If they actually had someone on top of this and also the land habitat issue they'd be doing a lot better

Hartoled
06-10-17, 01:46 PM
I was in 16th place before I spun the wheel today, and it gave me about 500 points including the points in a chest. Now I'm in 17th place and the top person is about 2000 points ahead of me. I've only seen one of the small boosts used so far. I don't think anybody cares.

I hatched Dawn because I think he's a pretty cool little dragon. The rest of the dragons in the Marketplace (except the Diamond Prism that I've already bred), the Tournament dragon, the Leaderboard dragons, they can keep them all. I was ambivalent about the Leaderboard, but the gelding of my Pyramid Dragon makes me positively morose about the entire game.

FieldsLikeB
06-10-17, 02:12 PM
I really DISLIKE this event!

Hawk1
06-10-17, 02:24 PM
I'm begging S8 please no more Stellar steps, I'm up to 74 and bet there are people that have more than I have. Interesting how I never win food from the wheel.

JustKay
06-10-17, 04:05 PM
... but the gelding of my Pyramid Dragon makes me positively morose about the entire game.

Gelding? What happened?

Hartoled
06-10-17, 07:00 PM
Gelding? What happened?

They made them Egypt-Yellow types, now, making it more susceptible to Champions.

I always have to log into the game to make sure that they haven't changed it back before I post, because I can't believe that they haven't yet.

zenkitty99
06-10-17, 11:36 PM

Yes please! Particularly the old dragons which were available on iOS only. I can't be the on Android user that would like a chance to get some of them...

leysanne
06-11-17, 09:08 AM
They made them Egypt-Yellow types, now, making it more susceptible to Champions.

I always have to log into the game to make sure that they haven't changed it back before I post, because I can't believe that they haven't yet.

I fed mine up to level 15 as soon as i got it during the last leaderboard and i'm sure it was just Egypt then or i wouldn't have bothered. But i've been to have a look and you're right .... when did they do that then? A bit sneaky really. Hope it's just an error.

katali119
06-11-17, 09:59 AM
I fed mine up to level 15 as soon as i got it during the last leaderboard and i'm sure it was just Egypt then or i wouldn't have bothered. But i've been to have a look and you're right .... when did they do that then? A bit sneaky really. Hope it's just an error.

About three days ago. There are 2 threads about it further down. It's not an error, it was very deliberate.

Hartoled
06-11-17, 10:14 AM
About three days ago. There are 2 threads about it further down. It's not an error, it was very deliberate.

If the Pyramid had been Egypt\Yellow from the start, it would still be in Storage with the High Priestess, Cleopatra, and Pharaoh. I would probably not have bought the Snake River habitat and Mummy Dragon to celebrate the Event, either, because, frankly, Pyramid is a pretty boring dragon now. If they needed to make Pyramid accessible to users with attention deficits, the least they could have done is make it Egypt\Metal to preserve it's neutral qualities.

Shar33
06-11-17, 10:27 AM
Yes please! Particularly the old dragons which were available on iOS only. I can't be the on Android user that would like a chance to get some of them...

No you're not alone. Many android users have been waiting for those dragons. I've seen other users post this before, plus neighbors of mine say the same. If storm 8 really wanted to make money these would be the dragons to have in value packs, or for sale

Shar33
06-11-17, 10:31 AM
Why not just add a color type to the Pyramid habitat too? What if someone only made it to the first prize (the habitat)? What will they put in a single type useless 4 dragon habitat? Even if they did make it to the first dragon it'll be a waste of a 4 dragon habitat for 1 dragon

katali119
06-11-17, 10:40 AM
Why not just add a color type to the Pyramid habitat too? What if someone only made it to the first prize (the habitat)? What will they put in a single type useless 4 dragon habitat? Even if they did make it to the first dragon it'll be a waste of a 4 dragon habitat for 1 dragon

Well, that would be far too easy. And not solve the problem of apparently some people mistakenly sold their habitats. Plus it wouldn't really REALLY annoy a whole bunch of their customers. I'm honestly not sure which of those points was most important to them, because it's nonsense to think they didn't know how much it would upset everyone to nerf Pyramid. And after they'd made us all so happy giving him out, we'd all been really grateful and everything. That's all gone now. All that goodwill they'd managed to gain back. Gone. Just so gone.

Shar33
06-11-17, 12:31 PM
Well, that would be far too easy. And not solve the problem of apparently some people mistakenly sold their habitats. Plus it wouldn't really REALLY annoy a whole bunch of their customers. I'm honestly not sure which of those points was most important to them, because it's nonsense to think they didn't know how much it would upset everyone to nerf Pyramid. And after they'd made us all so happy giving him out, we'd all been really grateful and everything. That's all gone now. All that goodwill they'd managed to gain back. Gone. Just so gone.

Yes I get it. I'm not happy about the dragon having a color now either. I'm one who actually know how to find the habitat and have it placed. Just something worth mentioning is I can only place 1 dragon in that 4 dragon habitat. Seems like a waste since it's one of the only 4 dragon habitat I have and it'll only have 1 dragon in it

cherrycastleorchard
06-11-17, 07:51 PM
How can I upload a photo, please? I have a doozy, never seen this before.

Rynetory2
06-11-17, 08:54 PM
How can I upload a photo, please? I have a doozy, never seen this before.

How To A Post Photo On The Forum (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum)

Hartoled
06-12-17, 10:01 AM

I'm sorry that it's cramping your space, for now. Since they offered 7 Egypt types, and it was no great hardship to muster the enthusiasm to get a few, I don't see the merit of your point. What you have is a temporary problem, not best solved by permanently ruining for everybody one of the best dragons in the game. Don't hold others back because you are only willing to make a casual investment. Perhaps, if it's a burden, sell it.

I remember when I just had one Champion type. It got it's own habitat. How many it would accommodate was irrelevant. I wanted that dragon.

Den8137259
06-12-17, 10:07 AM
★ I'm always putting such drags n habitats into Cold Storage, until they had enough types or strong justifications to warrant them on my island (: ★

kooky panda
06-12-17, 10:41 AM
Thread is going a little off topic. There are other threads discussing habitats you can continue your discussions on.

Please keep you posts on topic of the current Leaderboard.

Hartoled
06-12-17, 11:40 AM
Over half of my score in this Leaderboard has come from the Wheel and Milestones. Even at position 16 I could double the Leader's score in about 15 minutes with a few hundred bars. The enthusiasm has been doused with disappointment, and even if there was a worthy prize, I couldn't count on it being worth the effort by the time the next LB rolls around.

katali119
06-12-17, 11:40 AM
Well, I'm not making much effort in the current leaderboard thanks to some terrible decisions made by the s8 team. Apparently neither are the rest of my board, possibly the leader might make it to the final milestone, but I doubt the rest of us will. I can't really understand why the points needed for this current leaderboard are so much higher than all the rest of the ones I've participated in. Especially as the dragons don't seem to be anything special. As for the "Raise this dragon for a ton of points" I'm a little confused how under 1000 points so far == a ton, especially when it requires about twice as much food as the average dragon tales to get all the way through that little "side quest". Given how many people cannot farm enough food for a Tales, and that this is straight after a tales, which wipes out many players food; not to mention the repeated requests for rebalancing the food production in the game to reflect the huge demands placed upon it by the ability to raise dragons to level 10, it seems somewhat incongruous.

Hartoled
06-12-17, 11:56 AM
Well, I'm not making much effort in the current leaderboard thanks to some terrible decisions made by the s8 team. Apparently neither are the rest of my board, possibly the leader might make it to the final milestone, but I doubt the rest of us will. I can't really understand why the points needed for this current leaderboard are so much higher than all the rest of the ones I've participated in. Especially as the dragons don't seem to be anything special. As for the "Raise this dragon for a ton of points" I'm a little confused how under 1000 points so far == a ton, especially when it requires about twice as much food as the average dragon tales to get all the way through that little "side quest". Given how many people cannot farm enough food for a Tales, and that this is straight after a tales, which wipes out many players food; not to mention the repeated requests for rebalancing the food production in the game to reflect the huge demands placed upon it by the ability to raise dragons to level 10, it seems somewhat incongruous.

My former goal was always to keep a million apples in reserve. I've upped that to 2 million now. I really have only 3 level 15 dragons, two of which I raised to breed a Prime Eternal. The other is my Glasswing. Dawn Dragon is cute, but he's just fine at Juvenile or Adult. There is definitely a gap between what we think our labors are worth, raising apples, and what S8 thinks they are worth.

The Side Mission is a good idea. It just fails at expectations.

Clark_Wayne
06-12-17, 03:18 PM

something just hit me : 2x2 habitat might be more efficient, but it is sold for 150 golds ! so how many players can afford 600 golds (4 habitats) ?
or even would pay such amont ?
if players can buy with coins, they would probably buy, but using golds to buy habitats ... only players with 14 treasure dragons could do it !

angelfish1212
06-12-17, 03:40 PM
This LB is very disappointing imho. I usually get some nice food prizes from milestone chests but none this time. Just LB points and an embarrassing amount of coins; 8k from one chest and 16k from another. I'm sitting on over 1.9 billion coins, I don't need anymore and rewarding such paltry amounts is like a slap to the face.

Dragonwise, Dusk is cute but Dawn and Sun look so flat and are nothing special typewise. I only have a little more than 6.5k points and doubt I'll reach Dawn unless the wheel decides to give me a few gold chests instead of those worthless tiles. Sun is out of the picture since the top 4 or 5 players in my group have been boosting regularly. It's not worth the gold, food, and stress to try for a chance at Sun when I already have a Mage dragon with the same attributes.

As for Sunflower and Sunlight; why are these even late milestone prizes? Sunflower was just recently breedable and Sunlight was an easy to get tales dragon from less than a year ago. I don't mind recycled dragons, just make them ones that we haven't seen in awhile. Dragons that were exclusive to the now defunct spin to win (the one with dragons and food as prizes, not the LB wheel) would be ideal. Old tournament and mining dragons would also be nice.

Events are getting worse and worse. They require more points and are much less rewarding. I usually don't post on forums but this recent decline has encouraged me to voice my opinions. I know I'm not alone. I appear to be joining an ever-growing number of dissatisfied players.

ksbmommy
06-12-17, 04:20 PM
Most everyone is bunched up on my leaderboard. I'm at 11 with 7,199 points - only boosted once at the beginning. Just playing how I normally would. I did have the second den for a couple of days when it was on sale during DT, so that helped. I'm not dropping any gold into this event other than the one boost.

Looks like there are boosters off and on. I just don't care. I could make a run at it but I'm still sitting in my corner seething over the dragon that shall not be named being nerf'd..........

bakerystoe
06-12-17, 07:08 PM
I got almost 6k this time. Heading for dawn soon. I really love this leaderboard event if everyone is placed more fairly. I am also looking forward to some new exclusive updates in DS. love

bakerystoe
06-12-17, 07:11 PM
I saw many people complaining about the habitat. I think it is a very good and new update of the game but the only thing is it can only buy by golds. Many high lol players will get frustrated due to that. I hope this 2x2 habitat will be bought by coins soon.( bit off topic) I think the value pack should be cheaper so many players could buy it.

JustKay
06-13-17, 05:22 AM
am seeing disinterest in my group too. i'm not playing very hard, haven't made dawn yet, only boosting three times, and I have three times the points of my nearest contender. i think the high milestone points requirements and reused dragons might have really put off people.

Hartoled
06-13-17, 09:20 AM
My group has yet to earn a Sunflower Dragon. With 2 chests full of coins and 2 redundant dragons between most of us and the Dawn Dragon, there's not much incentive. It's like they didn't hear us when we told them that coins were not considered to be prizes. I have habitats that I haven't collected from in two months.

Shar33
06-13-17, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry that it's cramping your space, for now. Since they offered 7 Egypt types, and it was no great hardship to muster the enthusiasm to get a few, I don't see the merit of your point. What you have is a temporary problem, not best solved by permanently ruining for everybody one of the best dragons in the game. Don't hold others back because you are only willing to make a casual investment. Perhaps, if it's a burden, sell it.

I remember when I just had one Champion type. It got it's own habitat. How many it would accommodate was irrelevant. I wanted that dragon.

First of all actually there was 6. Also I'm on Android so it's very hard to "muster up the enthusiasm" . I didn't get the first 4, plus the habitat easily from a community event like you ios users. Also the leader board point numbers are way to hard being an android user, we don't get points for breeding, hatching and evolving in artic isles because we can't access our arctic isles

Hartoled
06-13-17, 12:13 PM
First of all actually there was 6. Also I'm on Android so it's very hard to "muster up the enthusiasm" . I didn't get the first 4, plus the habitat easily from a community event like you ios users. Also the leader board point numbers are way to hard being an android user, we don't get points for breeding, hatching and evolving in artic isles because we can't access our arctic isles

I stand corrected. I keep forgetting that Pharaoh is only an honorary Egyptian.

I'm with you, on that other point. I've been a proponent of separating the IOS users from Android users in the Leaderboards, but you probably never got the chance to read it. I don't have Arctic Isles capability so I have had to pay a lot more to earn the trophies that I've gotten in the past.

JustKay
06-13-17, 07:23 PM
The other people at the top of my group havent really moved. No 2 is still just above 3000. Either the ranking board is broken or everyone in my group just quit the game!

Hartoled
06-13-17, 08:49 PM
The other people at the top of my group havent really moved. No 2 is still just above 3000. Either the ranking board is broken or everyone in my group just quit the game!

I'm sure that a few groups are getting bumps from all of the Ridgeback breeding. I hope nobody at S8 gets thinks it's anything to do with this LB being a rousing success on it's own merits. I'm resisting the urge to go after Ridgeback, myself. I'd hate to start a points race in my nice quiet neighborhood.

cherrycastleorchard
06-13-17, 09:33 PM
How To A Post Photo On The Forum (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum)
Thankyou

cherrycastleorchard
06-13-17, 09:50 PM
The leader on my board is 42800 and has 10 of each of the sun boosters. Number 2 just went from 7600 to 25593 in a matter of minutes, glad I held back as I was waiting for her to do this. I have played with her before and she must have unlimited funds.
37088 not sure if attachment worked, hope so

katali119
06-14-17, 01:18 AM
I thought you couldn't have more than 3 of each of those?

JustKay
06-14-17, 04:37 AM
The leader on my board is 42800 and has 10 of each of the sun boosters. Number 2 just went from 7600 to 25593 in a matter of minutes, glad I held back as I was waiting for her to do this. I have played with her before and she must have unlimited funds.

OMG! This is so hilarious! I've only ever considered buying one and to see someone with 10! That must be a super heated group. I didn't realise S8 would put a limit on how many you could have... seems like it would be gold unspent... but I guess it's better to get players to spend gold on breeding instead.

Are both those top two players displaying and trying to keep unbroken winning streaks on LBs wins? The dragons are not so interesting in this LB and the trophy's not as nice as some of the past designs.

Clark_Wayne
06-14-17, 07:52 AM

that's why i wouldn't spend real money on games :D

bozotc19
06-14-17, 09:31 AM
Has anybody gone thru the dusk challenge to the end. Is there any real benefit to getting him l15, or beyond?

AnnirasSweets
06-14-17, 12:17 PM
I'm currently on task 11 which is to raise Dusk to level 13 and the reward is 400 crowns. I'm just doing it because I don't really have anything else to focus on in-game so why not? Not too sure if I'll finish it or not, but no harm in trying.

AnnirasSweets
06-14-17, 01:03 PM
For every event I always leave a note on my wall stating that I only want the dragon and if the people in my bracket want to tie, we could settle on a number of points that way we can all get the prize. I don't really understand having to be number one just for the sake of saying you won. I personally feel much more accomplished if my neighbors and I can all walk away with the prize.

saghaven
06-14-17, 02:37 PM
Ugh, I am nowhere near getting this dragon. Top two in my group are already over 10k and I thought that was nuts. But as I see some of these other numbers I'm like, really? People must be using everything under the sun to get these totals, no pun intended.

Hartoled
06-14-17, 08:57 PM

That's really very funny, but plausible, I guess. I had more points the last LB before I quit it, so I'm a bit surprised that somebody who would go to such lengths isn't farther ahead in points. Unless he has all of the dragons from breeding, I don't see why he'd choose to just get old decorations to carry on into the game, rather than speed breeding and probably getting some new dragons to keep. But, hey, play it like you want to.

I'm trying to get back to a happy place with the game. Thanks for the smile you gave me.

cherrycastleorchard
06-15-17, 01:03 AM
That's really very funny, but plausible, I guess. I had more points the last LB before I quit it, so I'm a bit surprised that somebody who would go to such lengths isn't farther ahead in points. Unless he has all of the dragons from breeding, I don't see why he'd choose to just get old decorations to carry on into the game, rather than speed breeding and probably getting some new dragons to keep. But, hey, play it like you want to.

I'm trying to get back to a happy place with the game. Thanks for the smile you gave me.

I know what u mean, I think that a lot of people are not happy at the moment. Glad to put a smile on your face.

FieldsLikeB
06-15-17, 10:33 AM
I won't finish last milestones inspire of three nests and constant food production for Dusk. Not OK.

maryamhjm
06-16-17, 02:26 AM
I won't finish last milestones inspire of three nests and constant food production for Dusk. Not OK.

I just manage to reach end of the milestones but I bosted 3 times otherwise I wouldn't make it either.

bakerystoe
06-16-17, 08:07 AM
In spite of spending 100 golds to try to win Dawn, I stopped at sunlight because the requirement is too high:(( I like the previous leaderboards better although there is a side quest to grow Dusk to 15.

saghaven
06-16-17, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I'm going to fall short too. I've got an Infinity sitting on the nest and even with a boost and spending gold to finish quick I'd be about 750 points short. The final requirement number was just too high.

Den8137259
06-16-17, 10:15 AM
★ my real bonus in this event is a ridgeback drag (: ★

divanightclub
06-16-17, 11:52 AM
Thankfully I was in a VERY relaxed non-competitive group, where I was able to come in 1st place, and due to the 10x breeding boost I was also able to reach the last milestone. Really didn't think I would have made it if I didn't use the boosts, and I really wanted to get the dawn dragon. Especially since I already had both sunflower and sunlight dragons.

I'm glad that the event is over, not really looking forward to the next one cause I'm sure I'll be in placed in a tougher, more competitive group.

pernmagic
06-16-17, 02:30 PM
Was in a high flyer group .....came 13 but did get dusk dragon .....just ....

JustKay
06-16-17, 03:17 PM
An easy win this time. Didn't even log in for the finish since my lead was too large. Made dusk, but only just.

19sparkles96
06-16-17, 03:21 PM
Another smooth leaderboard for me, added 16th Gold trophy to the collection. I am level 130. Haven't spent any money since the beginning, just careful strategy and judicious use of my daily 25 gold.

Me- 10,565
2- 2,547
3- 2,275
4- 1,090

Hawk1
06-16-17, 03:31 PM
Only the top 2 on my leaderboard got Dawn, #20 had 6700 points. Not worth boosting to get Dawn I was lucky to get another bronze with 8900 points... oh well I do appreciate 25,000 food. I've never been lucky enough to be on a leaderboard with low numbers.

Please S8 no more Stellar Steps, not once have I won food from that darn wheel it's always coins or an old decoration and if I'm really lucky 31 points from a chest.

Hartoled
06-16-17, 04:00 PM
I dedicate my 13th place loss to the memory of my beloved Tut, former Wonder of the Ancient Dragon Story World.

bakerystoe
06-16-17, 06:06 PM
I didn't get dawn but do get the chance to get Sun

dragonfliesplace
06-16-17, 11:59 PM
That's awesome.
I get 3 gold gifts daily (occasionally 4) and 4 from my recently aquired gold dragon 😀
I accidently came second on the leaderboard. Was always sitting around 7. Did one boost at the end to get the second dragon (7200) and ended up with a big points chest

19sparkles96
06-17-17, 12:17 AM
That's awesome.
I get 3 gold gifts daily (occasionally 4) and 4 from my recently aquired gold dragon ��
I accidently came second on the leaderboard. Was always sitting around 7. Did one boost at the end to get the second dragon (7200) and ended up with a big points chest
Sweet!