PDA

View Full Version : African Expedition Cruise - Jun 1, 2017

Rynetory2
06-01-17, 04:41 AM
African Expedition Cruise This is a 10 days cruise.

Join Hattie the Huntress on the African Expedition Cruise!

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/RS2/IMG_2998_zpsmzkkhwnm.jpeg

Cruise Guide
Refer to Cruise Main Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide) for more information.

Cruise Day
This cruise uses Set B in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792

Prizes
Once you have completed all 10 days, Hattie the Huntress will visit your restaurant every ? hours and drop you the ingredient to make the Klappertert (gem recipe).

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/RS2/IMG_3001_zpss8c8ybwk.jpeg

Gem Recipe

Klappertert - 6 coconut, 5 cream, 4 flour, 3 sugar

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37062

SunUpSunDown
06-01-17, 05:08 PM
New Cruise: African Expedition

Chaotarch
06-02-17, 12:55 AM
hey kooky or ryne,
maybe it is possible to add the new deco stuff in post1 like the saleinfo ( fe: motherday )?:rolleyes:
just a question, would be nice:eek:
thx

tara21264
06-02-17, 02:45 PM
And it already auto started.... ��

BonnieBobbles
06-02-17, 11:04 PM
And it already auto started.... ��

Just discovered that as well!! Obviously don't want to give you time to prepare and stack dishes!!

Carbuck
06-05-17, 06:56 AM
It's a good thing I don't stack dishes and I decided to start at my convenience instead of waiting for autostart.

I was hoping for a dish that didn't require sugar and cream. Hmmmm....

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
06-05-17, 06:16 PM
Whoopsie, just found out today there's a cruise and it seemed to have autostarted fast. I had 7 days left when I saw it. Ah well I should be fine as the first couple of days aren't that difficult.

Very pleased to see the gold stamps back as prizes! :D

If this recipe uses the same coconuts as Erin the Explorer drops then it's another recipe I'll only cook until it's mastered and then not bother ever cooking again as Erin's recipe only requires tomatoes

tuffyjkitten
06-05-17, 11:23 PM
Only got thru day 8 of this one last time around....same prizes...will see if I can fiinish this time.

Carbuck
06-06-17, 01:23 AM
I'm on day 6 and was pleasantly surprised to see that the reward is 2 gold stamps instead of one. Alright! ;)

Rainstorms45
06-07-17, 09:25 AM
Yeah I got all except the last one last time around.... I'm doing good this time haven't had to play catch up yet. Hopefully I will finish. Only ever finished one of these.

Rynetory2
06-08-17, 05:37 AM
I found it kinda strange that Day 8 gave only 1 gold stamp while Day 6 gave 2 gold stamps. I thought the prizes should get better as we progressed further. :confused:

pixiegamer
06-08-17, 06:00 PM
I found it kinda strange that Day 8 gave only 1 gold stamp while Day 6 gave 2 gold stamps. I thought the prizes should get better as we progressed further. :confused:

Maybe they switched the days? :eek:

Generally liking this cruise, but I really wish I could have earned the Coconut Fish Curry that was the reward recipe the first time this cruise came around :( Not that I'm not happy about the Klappertert, but because of when I started playing and how many cruises I wasn't able to finish as a lower-level player, I don't have very many recipes on my Celebration Oven.

Rainstorms45
06-08-17, 06:22 PM
Finished day 8... took forever!!! Will start tomorrow with 3, 4 coin items...

Rynetory2
06-09-17, 03:25 AM
Maybe they switched the days? :eek:

Generally liking this cruise, but I really wish I could have earned the Coconut Fish Curry that was the reward recipe the first time this cruise came around :( Not that I'm not happy about the Klappertert, but because of when I started playing and how many cruises I wasn't able to finish as a lower-level player, I don't have very many recipes on my Celebration Oven.

The coconut fish curry is definitely a better deal compared to the Klappertert. I see myself cooking this once for the goal and I'll use the coconut to cook more fish curry for gems. Don't fret, cruises do get easier as you level up your shops and expand your pantry. Good luck for yours. :)

MysticOrchid
06-10-17, 12:22 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37062

Carbuck
06-10-17, 01:35 AM

I thought the same thing.

I'm now on Day 10 and I'm getting lower values for my coin recipes than I've gotten in the past. I noticed the same thing for Day 9. A 4-coin dish gave me 54 on Day 9 and 55 on Day 10. Hmmmm...I must pay more attention to this in the next cruise so I can see whether this change will stay the same.

pansylover
06-10-17, 05:34 AM
I noticed the same thing ... I guess someone decided that cruises were becoming too easy to complete. Or perhaps it's just that we weren't buying enough gems to complete the cruises???? Seems like the majority of my four coin recipes are taking 8 hrs to complete (16 hours total). Not sure if I will bother with more cruises for awhile, especially when they are running almost all of the time.

Rynetory2
06-10-17, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the pic. Added to Post 1. Congratulations! :)

Rynetory2
06-10-17, 07:54 AM

I'm now on Day 10 and I'm getting lower values for my coin recipes than I've gotten in the past. I noticed the same thing for Day 9. A 4-coin dish gave me 54 on Day 9 and 55 on Day 10. Hmmmm...I must pay more attention to this in the next cruise so I can see whether this change will stay the same.

My Day 10 values were the same as Set B. Hmmm not sure why yours were different. Let's keep a lookout for the next cruise and see if they change the values. Hope you managed to complete your cruise. Good luck. :)

Rynetory2
06-10-17, 07:57 AM
https://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/sgraff55/Green%20and%20Pink%20Bubbles/clc-roundroundmyfeedback2.gif
Hi Everyone,

I've started this poll to gather your feedback on this cruise. Since a member mentioned additional food counters during the last poll, I've added more poll options this round.

Did you enjoy the cruise? What did you like or dislike about it? Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback.

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days. Thank you for your participation! :)

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

nmishii
06-10-17, 12:48 PM

Same here. I thought another day or two was off from the normal patterns.

tuffyjkitten
06-11-17, 08:17 AM
I finished this time! Wasn't sure I would, very busy on Friday (day 9) and didn't even get to touch the game until 3 pm. Had to play catch up and started day 10 with about 13 hours left. Thanks to quick serves and some gems to refresh ingredients I was able to finish with about half an hour left.

Overall I enjoyed this cruise, despite having all the prizes except the safari van (or whatever it is called) already from the last time this cruise came around. Was not asked for any recipes from the fryer, which I haven't bought yet. Only recipe I kept getting that I have not learned yet was rustic wheat loaf. Need a lot more gold stamps to restock the butter!

Carbuck
06-11-17, 08:53 AM
My Day 10 values were the same as Set B. Hmmm not sure why yours were different. Let's keep a lookout for the next cruise and see if they change the values. Hope you managed to complete your cruise. Good luck. :)

I will be checking the coin values for all days next time I do a cruise.

I did manage to complete the cruise in time. Thanks.

Carbuck
06-11-17, 08:56 AM
Same here. I thought another day or two was off from the normal patterns.

Yes you are right. I was puzzled a few times earlier but I didn't start checking and comparing until Day 9.

pixiegamer
06-11-17, 09:44 AM
*sigh* It looks like I'm not going to finish this one :( I'm on Day 10 and still have half of Day 9 to get through, and I've been getting more 2-coin recipes than anything else. So... it looks like I'm gonna have a ton of Safari items, but no gem recipes to show for them.

What's more, the option to ask for more recipes has bumped up to 100 gems for me now - even up until the last cruise, it went to 50 by Day 8 at least (possibly sooner; I'm not sure about Day 7). I wish that had stayed the same.

I also wish there were an option to buy an extra day, or that the gem recipe price factored in your progress if you weren't able to finish. It costs 1,300 gems to obtain a gem recipe regardless of whether you participated, and I wish that would be reduced depending on how far you were able to get in the cruise :(

workingitout
06-13-17, 11:49 AM
I enjoyed the cruise. I wish it was more African with African descendants and focused on a specific country in Africa.

chrissydid
06-17-17, 11:25 AM
This was my second time playing the African cruise. It is one of my favorites, decor wise, though I wish there had been new items! I prefer the original coconut recipe as it has fewer ingredients than the new one. And I agree with @workingitout it would have been great to actually have more African themed/african descendants

I really didn't like having stamp recipes on the cruise. I don't horde my stamp ingredients so I'm unable to make those recipes on demand. ~ at least it only asked me for butter required recipes. I have tons of stamp sugar and stamp eggs.