PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Menus for the Cellar

npt727
10-13-16, 03:26 PM
My storage is a mixed up, jumbled up, chaotic mess. I've been with this game for 3 yrs and have tons of decorations that won't fit on my farm. It would be great if we had a way to organize item into categories. Even separating out by flowers, paths, and fencing would help. Or by holiday, season, event, etc. Any tips on getting organized?

Allie0105
10-14-16, 08:44 PM
I like this idea. I too have a very disorganised storage area. I sometimes find it t hard to work out what I have and haven't got. Any way to organise would be great.

Rynetory2
10-16-16, 02:42 AM
Sorry guys, we dont have the ability to organise our cellars. It'll be really nice if we can. :) Mine is extremely clustered with everything I've collected since game launch.

Moved to suggestion forum where it's better seen by the team.

PookieBear50
06-01-17, 01:29 AM
I know it has been mentioned before on other threads, and I may have posted one myself, but I can't recall. Still...

Please consider adding a few sub-menus to the Cellar inventory. With all the decorations some of us are collecting from various events, along with the pets and the pet habitats, it is extremely difficult to find things. Perhaps, following from what the Buy menu lists, there could be sub-menus for Paths, Fences, and Pets. There might be ways to organize everything else in the Cellar, but these three at least might be sorted out most easily, since there are precedents for these in the Buy Menu.

justmine2
06-04-17, 08:19 AM
That would be great!!!

PookieBear50
11-15-17, 07:52 PM
Since June, when I originally posted this thread, there have been (at least) 10 new pets capable of being acquired through events, not to mention the return of older pets (and pets not originally sold) to the Market. I don't know how many players purchased or received pets, but those of us who have been playing from or almost from the beginning have been obtaining pets on a regular basis, and it becomes harder and harder to find them in our Cellar menus, considering all the decorations we also receive during the same events we acquire new pets.

While it would be nice to have menus to sort all the decorations into, I know it would be unreasonable to organize them by season or by event. However, in the Market menu, the animals available for purchase are sub-divided into Livestock and Pets, and the decorations are sub-divided into Paths and Fences (and Skins, but since those don't need to be stored, it's not relevant).

Our Inventory menu, not unlike the Market menu, is divided into tabs--Barn, Silo, and Cellar. I don't know anything about the programming and coding needed to create new sub-menus, but it can't be impossible if it has already been done for other aspects of the game. I know I have approximately 421 (or so) items in my Cellar, of which about 70 (I think...I may have miscounted) are Pets or Pet habitats, and about 30 of which are Paths or Fences. I am sure other, higher level players have even more items and pets in their Cellars. Having at least some of these items sorted out into sub-menus would make it much, much easier to find them when we want them.

The sorting might not even need to be done automatically. Following a future update, players would be able to move items that were out on the farms into the sub-menus, and any time something is pulled from the main menu, it would be sorted into a sub-menu when it was returned to the Cellar.

One other alternative might be to provide a new building (a Kennel, perhaps, for lack of a better name) that would function in the same way as the Cellar, the Barn, and the Silo in that specific items--in this case, Pets and their habitats--would appear there instead. Other players may object to having another building on their farms, but perhaps not. It would still require instituting another sub-menu to our Inventory, but perhaps that would be easier than applying sub-menus to the Cellar itself?

FarmerIreneOK
11-17-17, 04:22 PM
storm8, I would also love to be able to have bins in the shed for organizing items in storage to make it easier to find them. ��������

grameys
11-23-18, 10:54 AM
if we could search cellar by theme for our decorations

gc0912
04-24-19, 03:52 AM
I would love my pets that are in the cellar to be separated out from the decorations (and habitats and fences, paths etc if possible) as my cellar is increasing all the time due to the amount of events we have now. I would love to change my pets and decorations more often according to the season/holiday but I find I miss things due to the amount of things stored in there lol.

PookieBear50
10-07-19, 03:57 PM
So, the last time I posted about this was almost 2 years ago (I think...unless I mentioned it in another thread). Since then, I have acquired a lot of Pets and a lot of Pet Habitats. And it is becoming very confusing to find all them amid all the decorations that I have also acquired.

I won't list all the Pets I have, but as far as Pet Habitats go, I have: Dog House, Pony Pen, Cat Bungalow, Wildlife Den, Icy Igloo, Exotic Enclosure, Foxy's Den, Nest, Bunny Burrow, Mythical Menu, Rescue Pen, Goat Glade, Tropical Bird Base, Piggy Paradise, Rodent's Grotto, Bird Tree, Crawler's Hollow, Sugar Glider Stop, Haunted House, Cornucopia, Chinchilla Habitat, Duck Pond, Reindeer Stable, Jungle Falls, Backwoods Bayou, Sand Castle, and Gnome Gathering, and also the ones I received from Leaderboard events that I cannot use, like the Roosters' Roost and the Lovebird Tree. There are also the Show Pony Stable and Rabbit Burrow, neither of which I have bought yet, and the Fawn Meadow (which may be a glitch in the Store, because it is ALWAYS locked by "Goal". Those are just the ones that I have...other players may have even more than that. And considering that each Pet Habitat has at least one pet that needs to go into it, that is a lot of pets as well.

Please do not mistake me...I am very grateful for the chance to win all these pets and collect their respective habitats. I just wish it were easier to find them amid all the decorations.

I would like to repeat one of my original suggestions: another non-crafting, inventory building called the Kennel. Maybe it can be part of an update when Android player are finally given the option to store pets. Instead of Pets going back into the Cellar, they would all go into the Kennel instead. The Kennel could be divided into two sub-menus, one for Pets, and one for their Habitats. This would make it easier for players to find the Pets and Habitats they want to put out, and also make it easier to distinguish from decorations that look like they might be Pet Habitats (some of them look very similar, to be honest).

I know the Inventory menus don't have this subdivision...to be honest, it is not really necessary to do so, because the habitats would be with the pets and away from the decorations anyway. Either way, the objective would be met.

(Now...if something similar could be done with the Paths and Fences, maybe into a building called "Groundskeeper's Shed", that would be nice too. But, I won't be greedy :D)

PookieBear50
10-27-19, 02:29 AM
Having received more of them from the latest events, I am going to further expand on my urging for sub-menus in the cellar. In addition to all the pet habitats (and the pets that go with them) in the previous post, the other sub-menu that could be sorted out would be the Paths and Fences.

I have the following: Carnival Path, Beach Path (straight), Beach Path (corner), Autumn Path, Mardi Gras Path, Spiderweb Path, Peppermint Path, Rocky Road Path, Hay Path, Alfalfa Path, Spring Meadow Path, Victorian Path, Spring Blossom Path, Confetti Path, more Autumn Path (apparently different from the first one), Snowy Footprints, Snowy Footprints Corner, Gingerbread Path, Snow Paw Prints Corner, Snowy Path, Snowy Path Corner, Snow Paw Print, White Petal Path, Rose Petal Path, Rocky Road Path (again, apparently different from the first one), Paint Puddle Path, Egg Trail, Sandy Path, Hot Coals, Roadway Tile, Leaf Path, Jack O' Path. And then the event Plots that became path pieces: Soil Path, Gilded Soil Path, Outback Succulent Path, Gold Outback Succulent Path.

And then there are the paths: Webbed Gate, Webbed Corner Fence, Webbed T-Fence, Cross Webbed Fence, Webbed Fence, Xmas Fence, Corner Xmas Fence, Cross Xmas Fence, T Xmas Fence, Cross Flourishing Fence, Corner Flourishing Fence, T Flourishing Fence, Flourishing Fence, T Spring Blossom Fence, Corner Spring Blossom Fence, Cross Spring Blossom Fence Spring Blossom Fence, T Rainbow Fence, Rainbow Fence, Corner Rainbow Fence, Cross Rainbow Fence, Cross Garden Fence, Garden Fence, T Garden Fence.

Please understand...I appreciate all of these decorations: they add character to farms (not mine, because I don't have enough space--or pieces--to really make use of them) and they allow players to do really creative and appealing things with their layouts and landscaping. And even with these items--Paths, Fences, and the Pets and their Habitats--sorted into Sub-Menus (or new buildings), I will still have a LOT of decorations to sort through when I am looking for something. But, at least when searching for these, it will be easier to find them. And maybe if it were not so much trouble trying to find everything, perhaps I could finally do more with the Path and Fence pieces I have now.

PookieBear50
01-01-20, 01:31 PM
I am sorry to keep bringing this up again and again, but may we please, please, PLEASE have menus in the Cellar? Between the decorations that look like decorations, decorations that look like pets, and the pets themselves (along with their habitats), it is very difficult for me to find what I am looking for when I am searching for specific pets and habitats. This morning I went through my cellar's contents from top to bottom and back again before finally finding my Siberian Husky.

I don't know how difficult it is to code or re-code game features to allow for these changes. When Pets were originally added, when the menus for the Cowbells were added...I know it was more a matter of adding onto and partially modifying the existing coding. And I know what I am asking for will require a lot of editing and modifications. But, in the end, I think players will be happy with the end result.

Whether it might be new sub-menus in the cellar or all-new buildings to sort these Pets/Habitats (and also the path and fence pieces) into as we place and store them, I do not know which would be an easier or more viable option. But please take these suggestions into serious consideration. Thank you.

Paul__
01-01-20, 01:50 PM
I am sorry to keep bringing this up again and again, but may we please, please, PLEASE have menus in the Cellar? Between the decorations that look like decorations, decorations that look like pets, and the pets themselves (along with their habitats), it is very difficult for me to find what I am looking for when I am searching for specific pets and habitats. This morning I went through my cellar's contents from top to bottom and back again before finally finding my Siberian Husky.

I don't know how difficult it is to code or re-code game features to allow for these changes. When Pets were originally added, when the menus for the Cowbells were added...I know it was more a matter of adding onto and partially modifying the existing coding. And I know what I am asking for will require a lot of editing and modifications. But, in the end, I think players will be happy with the end result.

Whether it might be new sub-menus in the cellar or all-new buildings to sort these Pets/Habitats (and also the path and fence pieces) into as we place and store them, I do not know which would be an easier or more viable option. But please take these suggestions into serious consideration. Thank you.

It would probably require all of the decorations to be resorted by the team; I think a more realistic edition would be a search button.