PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to make a suggestion to storm8 about purchases.

KNOBWARS
05-30-17, 01:29 PM
Hi,

First of all, I hate to admit that I love this game but such is the nature of addiction. :cool:

I like that there is so much going on, even though sometimes it feels like a bit much. Having to manage so many things at once is like an exciting brain teaser that never ends with the constant cycles of bingos, tournaments, storybooks, etc.

I am the kind of player that doesn't really spend much real money in these games, usually because I don't plan to get into them enough that I would stick around. I am pretty locked into this one but there's no way on earth that I will spend $29.99, $39.99, $99.99 etc. on virtual dragons and gold. That just isn't going to happen, especially since the game can be rather flaky with the rollbacks and when that happens you get nothing but you can be sure it will take any gold you used during that time.

Last Christmas, my wife paid for the value pack on her phone and got it for me on mine as a little Christmas gift. They cost $2.79 each and once you do that, you never see it again. All I see now are the $12+ offers so I take it the value pack was a teaser to get you in.

My suggestion to you is to bring that value pack back and leave it forever. I do believe that hardcore users who play daily and with zest owe you a fee. It's like a subscription to some online game only the beauty here is that it is voluntary. Servers and staff don't operate for free but I would rather quit the game then have to pay hundreds of dollars to play the game. If there was a $3 option that gave me 120 gold (like the value pack) or more, I would probably pick one up from time to time. That is easy to justify and is easy on the wallet if done no more than once a month.

I feel like you have a lot of casual players that could probably end up giving you $20 a year, whereas now you get $0. You might sell 1000 $30 dragons but you could probably get 50,000 $3 customers. I'd like to know how other people feel about this. It's clear to me that some of our suggestions are being listened to and relayed to other teams within storm8 by the fantastic admins who run this forum. I only wish you folks were as s****ed at coding the server communication and authentication section of this app. ;)

FireballFarm
05-30-17, 02:04 PM
I totally agree. I will not spend $15 or $20 on a 'valuepack,' but I would spend $2 or $5, and often. Plus, the offers should include gold. Maps and food have no value because we can earn them for free in the game (esp. the strangely small amounts being included in the offers). The things I find worthy of spending real money on are gold and old dragons that cannot be bred (not dragons that were just in an event a couple months ago). The sales offers are very unappealing, imho, in both price and content.

$5 for a bit of gold and an expired, super rare dragon? People would be all over that.

Two deals come to mind: the $5 Lunar Horse + gold from a few months ago, and the $20 for gold, a premium diamond habitat and a diamond hybrid dragon from about a year ago. Those two were actually worthy of the title 'value pack.' The [] offers we get everyday are not.

Shar33
05-30-17, 02:23 PM
I agree the value packs would sell more if they were a bit cheaper. Also nobody is going to buy newer dragons that keep getting recycled into value packs that were just available not long ago or many times recently. I hear from many friends who are sick of these recycled dragons and want older ones

Ilsadrago
05-30-17, 08:17 PM
I always buy a little gold when I have a gold sale: $6.99, $13.99...
I used to buy Value Packs now and then, but they are ridiculous now. $20 and $30? I think it's funny they're still called Value Packs, because there's not much value compared to the cost. I no longer buy those.
I don't need as much gold now that I don't need to save for GPD sales ($600 - $800).
I agree completely that people would be more likely to spend money if there were less expensive options with better value. Throw us a bone and offer a little gold with a dragon and either decent amounts​ of food or maps. Coins are only good for newer players.
I play steadily, but I will not spend much money on low value offers.

amerirish
05-31-17, 05:35 AM
Lately I've been seeing Value Packs for $29.99 which include 2 dragons or some combo of dragon & materials (food, maps, event items, etc.). I can't imagine that very many players would plop down 30 bucks at once so that doesn't make it much of a value. If they offered cheaper packs with just a little gold in them I think sales would definitely increase.

Also, how about selling some tickets for people like me who have given up on Bingo? The tasks are too hard and the rewards are too low; not to mention that it's just one more responsibility to tend to in addition to World Events, Tales & Tournaments.

ksbmommy
05-31-17, 06:46 AM
Lately I've been seeing Value Packs for $29.99 which include 2 dragons or some combo of dragon & materials (food, maps, event items, etc.). I can't imagine that very many players would plop down 30 bucks at once so that doesn't make it much of a value. If they offered cheaper packs with just a little gold in them I think sales would definitely increase.

Also, how about selling some tickets for people like me who have given up on Bingo? The tasks are too hard and the rewards are too low; not to mention that it's just one more responsibility to tend to in addition to World Events, Tales & Tournaments.

Agree, I would spend probably more if the value packs were just a little cheaper. I really want immovable, but at $29.99 I don't see much value. It would have already been bought and on the nest by now if it was a $14.99 value pack for the two. I can better justify a champ I don't have at 700 gold than this "value".

Technically you can buy the tickets you are missing. If you go into the temple, there is a reduced price to outright buy them but its EXPENSIVE!!! About 20 gold per ticket. I only need 35 more for the gold horizon or 700 gold. I can use much less gold to win my bingo tournament and then craft it.