PDA

View Full Version : Side Tasks For Astro, Portal and Time Travel

starship412
05-26-17, 05:42 PM
Can anyone post the specific tasks needed to get these three dragons? Thanks in advance :-)

ksbmommy
05-26-17, 05:59 PM
Portal Dragon - Collect 360 Portal Favors (12 days - 1 favor per hour of breeding it appears)

Astro Dragon - Collect 10 Astro Favors (12 days - you get 1 for each tales chapter you complete, gotta do the whole thing if you don't have him already)

Time Travel - Hatch an Astro, Hatch a Portal, Breed Astro with Portal (19 days)

starship412
05-26-17, 06:09 PM
Thanks! It looks like I have some work to do, lol.

moonchild1987
05-26-17, 07:29 PM
Portal dragon needs 360 favors and you get 1 for each hour of breeding. The event is 12 days long, that's 288 favors. So, it's not even possible to get this unless you buy the extra breeding den... Am I understanding this correctly?

kureka
05-26-17, 07:46 PM
i dont have the time travel dragon task in game :(

lnztrekfan
05-26-17, 09:53 PM
Portal dragon needs 360 favors and you get 1 for each hour of breeding. The event is 12 days long, that's 288 favors. So, it's not even possible to get this unless you buy the extra breeding den... Am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you! I'm so glad you did the math and I saw it so early. I'm going to use my breeding boosts from bingos and hope I can do it that way. I don't have the second breeding roost so hoping this does the trick. Good Luck!

If I purchased the breeding roost does it disappear after 7 days or does it remain on island taking up space? Thank you for your time.

moonchild1987
05-26-17, 10:54 PM
Breeding roost will remain.

KNOBWARS
05-27-17, 12:26 AM
So let's say I was willing to give up 50 gold so I could buy a second breeding roost. I have lots of apples to be sure I can complete the storybook and get the Astro with Portal dragons. After going through all of that and having another six days to breed these two together, what is the likelihood of getting the Time Travel dragon? It has an ultra rare status but is it something that will automatically trigger because I am using these two special dragons? Will it be as hard to get as any diamond dragon and I am likely to be tossing 50 gold in the garbage?

katali119
05-27-17, 03:17 AM
So let's say I was willing to give up 50 gold so I could buy a second breeding roost. I have lots of apples to be sure I can complete the storybook and get the Astro with Portal dragons. After going through all of that and having another six days to breed these two together, what is the likelihood of getting the Time Travel dragon? It has an ultra rare status but is it something that will automatically trigger because I am using these two special dragons? Will it be as hard to get as any diamond dragon and I am likely to be tossing 50 gold in the garbage?

I read it as you get time travel given as a reward for breeding the pair, you aren't aiming to breed time travel, I think it's unbreedable.

Betsy0923
05-27-17, 06:25 AM
I went back to an older game where I had both the Astro and Portal dragons. First I thought bummer, but then I realized I could still hatch the dudes but I won't have to feed them as much. HOWEVER, after searching high and low, it looks like my Portal decided to skip out on me. I think he was dragon-napped by S8!

cocauina
05-27-17, 07:21 AM
For the ones that already have Portal and Astro dragons hatched from past events the hatching tasks shouldn't be necessary to re-do, why the hell should I want to have 2 Astros and 2 Portals? That doesn't make anysense

lnztrekfan
05-27-17, 07:41 AM
Breeding roost will remain.

Thank you for your response! :)

Hartoled
05-27-17, 08:53 AM
They wish us to do a certain amount of breeding, to finish the Tales, and then to do a little more hatching, feeding, evolving, and breeding to get the prize dragon.

Already having Portal and Astro is irrelevant to the tasks at hand. Bingo would seem pretty ridiculous if every time a new card popped up it gave you credit for every dragon that you had ever evolved and hatched, every crop that you had ever harvested, every neighbor that you had ever visited, and every battle that you had ever won.

They made the tasks, and tokens, and are offering an awesome dragon.

Play the game, have fun, sell the extras.

lenasdinner
05-27-17, 12:24 PM
I really don't get this goals..:confused:
do we need to collect those astro favores in order to get Astro dragon and collect 360 Portal favors to get Portal dragon? so after we collect all this favors,we have both dragons in storage,right?
so hatching them and breeding them together will gave us a Time Traveler dragon from B-den or we are geting him as a reword soon as we put Astro and Portal to breed together?.
Am I right all totally wrong??
I'm android player so I don't have any of these dragons,and I really really really like Time Travel dragon.:p

DR0G0N
05-28-17, 08:55 AM
Could we sell the breeding roosts after we're done using it? I'm also aiming to breed Circuit...(seems like no one is trying for this beauty b/c all the cool drags coming out at the same time).

katali119
05-28-17, 09:00 AM
I'm really liking having these extra aspects to the tales. Fingers crossed for Glasswing making a similar comeback....not that I have a one track mind lol.

Hartoled
05-28-17, 11:40 AM
I'm really liking having these extra aspects to the tales. Fingers crossed for Glasswing making a similar comeback....not that I have a one track mind lol.

I'm no fan of the manipulation. Suddenly there's a plague of Firestorms when I try to breed the Breeze Dragon. 'Coincidentally' the Tales wants us to breed with a Firestorm. I'm sick of being *****ed out of time and gold for the sake of silly tasks that contribute nothing of value to the experience.

starship412
05-29-17, 11:29 AM
Well I guess I can forget about Portal and Time Travel. Are you kidding me with the 360 favors in a 12 day event (12x24 hrs a day=288)? I'm not going to be forced to buy a recharge of my other den just to get this even if it is on sale for 50 gold. See, it's things like this that turn people off from the game. I keep saying greed is not good.

njbhugjjgnj
05-29-17, 11:48 AM
I'm no fan of the manipulation. Suddenly there's a plague of Firestorms when I try to breed the Breeze Dragon. 'Coincidentally' the Tales wants us to breed with a Firestorm. I'm sick of being *****ed out of time and gold for the sake of silly tasks that contribute nothing of value to the experience.

I agree hon.....

KNOBWARS
05-29-17, 12:04 PM
I read it as you get time travel given as a reward for breeding the pair, you aren't aiming to breed time travel, I think it's unbreedable.

Hey, that's a great point! If this is an unbreedable dragon, then is has to be a reward as soon as you breed for anything. I didn't even think about whether it was breedable. Thanks katali119!

Hartoled
05-30-17, 09:46 PM
I just collected the Portal Dragon, and it went straight to the Nest. I'm not sure if it would have been allowed to go to Storage if I hadn't had a Nest open, but you might want to take that into consideration while planning what you do.

ksbmommy
05-31-17, 02:27 AM
I just collected the Portal Dragon, and it went straight to the Nest. I'm not sure if it would have been allowed to go to Storage if I hadn't had a Nest open, but you might want to take that into consideration while planning what you do.

If it can't go to the nest because they are full, it will go to storage. That's what happened to me.

Hartoled
05-31-17, 09:54 AM
If it can't go to the nest because they are full, it will go to storage. That's what happened to me.

Choice is nice. Ya'll might want to park a Fire Dragon on your empty Nest if you need it for something else. Luckily, Portal is a short duration dragon at only 5 hours of hatching time. You get no warning before the delivery begins, other than that you have completed some cryptic percentage of the task.

DR0G0N
06-02-17, 11:21 AM
Hope they could put the Interstellar Gateway habitat on sale to put these babies in. <3

amerirish
06-02-17, 11:35 AM
I know this is a stupid question, but here goes: if you already have Astro, Portal & Time Travel, this task really isn't necessary to complete, right? I don't particularly want duplicates of any of these dragons, especially since we have to hatch them right away.

Hartoled
06-02-17, 12:02 PM
I know this is a stupid question, but here goes: if you already have Astro, Portal & Time Travel, this task really isn't necessary to complete, right? I don't particularly want duplicates of any of these dragons, especially since we have to hatch them right away.

You get 3 experience points for doing them all. How can you pass that up?

katali119
06-02-17, 01:21 PM
I don't think any part of the game is necessary to complete? If you don't want them, don't do it!

random59
06-02-17, 02:43 PM

They don't have to be hatched straight away, just received Portal, nests are full so it went straight to storage and as I have already previously hatched a Portal that task auto completed.

So in theory after we complete Chapter 10 with nests full Astro goes into storage with the auto complete task of hatching and we can place our Astro and Portal on the den and receive Time Travel to storage if nests are full.

They are always useful for gem trading.

Hartoled
06-02-17, 04:08 PM
Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, load your empty nests up with Fire Dragons once you get close to satisfying the goals, in order to force the prize dragons to storage.

amerirish
06-02-17, 06:04 PM
You get 3 experience points for doing them all. How can you pass that up?

LOL, good point ;)

I don't think any part of the game is necessary to complete? If you don't want them, don't do it!

I didn't mean that I think the DS police are going to come for me; I meant there's no other accomplishment to finishing except to get the dragons. Sometimes I misread or might overlook something so I trust the astute players on this board to give their insight.

amerirish
06-02-17, 06:05 PM
They don't have to be hatched straight away, just received Portal, nests are full so it went straight to storage and as I have already previously hatched a Portal that task auto completed.

So in theory after we complete Chapter 10 with nests full Astro goes into storage with the auto complete task of hatching and we can place our Astro and Portal on the den and receive Time Travel to storage if nests are full.

They are always useful for gem trading.

Thank you, that's exactly why I asked the question. Something to consider for sure :)

busybee222
06-02-17, 07:22 PM
I am excited to get this 3 dragons as I don't have them. Hope they will continue bringing more old dragons out this way, so people can decide to participate or not. Especially old champion dragons...that will be really sweet.

katali119
06-03-17, 05:34 AM
LOL, good point ;)

I didn't mean that I think the DS police are going to come for me; I meant there's no other accomplishment to finishing except to get the dragons. Sometimes I misread or might overlook something so I trust the astute players on this board to give their insight.

Lol FEAR THE DS POLICE!

FieldsLikeB
06-03-17, 03:05 PM
Heads up everyone! I just bred Astro and Portal and Time Travel went straight to storage; so, he's a guaranteed breed! Plus whatever is on the den.

random59
06-03-17, 03:33 PM
Heads up everyone! I just bred Astro and Portal and Time Travel went straight to storage; so, he's a guaranteed breed! Plus whatever is on the den.

It is what I theorised in a previous post on this thread, good to know I was on the right track with my thoughts!:D

katali119
06-04-17, 03:03 AM
Do we have to craft Astro and Portal? Because a) I can't find them in my spell shop and b) I have to craft the arena dragon before it leaves. Although I guess as long as I start that before update time on Tues it will complete. If we do have to craft them, do you know how long they take?

Lurker2
06-04-17, 04:16 AM
Do we have to craft Astro and Portal? Because a) I can't find them in my spell shop and b) I have to craft the arena dragon before it leaves. Although I guess as long as I start that before update time on Tues it will complete. If we do have to craft them, do you know how long they take?

You don't have to craft them. You get the egg as soon as you have enough of the required favors. If you don't have an open nest, it goes to storage. If you have an open nest, the egg goes on the nest.

katali119
06-04-17, 04:26 AM
Thankyou!

maryamhjm
06-04-17, 04:40 AM
Thank you, that's exactly why I asked the question. Something to consider for sure :)

I have both portal and Astro but it didn't auto complete my hatching goals, I have already bred them and that is completed but I still need no acually hatch the dragons.

katali119
06-04-17, 04:52 AM
I have both portal and Astro but it didn't auto complete my hatching goals, I have already bred them and that is completed but I still need no acually hatch the dragons.

Have you received the eggs again yet? The previous person said the task auto completed when they received the new eggs into storage.

DR0G0N
06-04-17, 11:15 AM
Hmm...with only 3 days left (maybe just 2 and some hours)...I only received about 50% of the Portal favors so far and that's from actively playing. I know that it wasn't possible since the beginning to get all favors without the use of gold (or breeding roosts). So as of now, it'll take about 180 golds to get this baby. Which leads to getting Time Travel.

Was hoping they would give us double favors for breeding, but looks like that's just wishful thinking.

katali119
06-04-17, 11:41 AM
Scared me, I got a "View your nest/Buy nest" message come up with Astro, but it's there in my storage now (and will be on the nest in a minute). Should have enough tokens for the Portal dragon by this time tomorrow.

jjblueyes
06-04-17, 01:24 PM
I don't see them
Anymore on my side tasks. I don't see how to get them or hatch them. I don't know if I missed something but I'm not done with the tales, got an Astro token today and I have no idea what to do with it.

jjblueyes
06-04-17, 01:37 PM
So now I got the message that I earned the portal but my nests were full and there's nothing in storage except the tokens which directs me to the spell shop but nothing in there. Confused.

Hartoled
06-04-17, 02:34 PM
So now I got the message that I earned the portal but my nests were full and there's nothing in storage except the tokens which directs me to the spell shop but nothing in there. Confused.

Jeez, more confusion, lack of clarity, and inconsistencies. Somebody told me that they had hidden the Contrastias that we won in the last World Event, in our Storage, but they never did show up. This might be like that, or maybe you need to relog a couple of times.

My Portal went straight to my Nest, but ksbmommy said that hers went to Storage. There was never a crafting requirement on them. I'm thinking, now, to be safe, I better have a Nest empty when I finish the Tales.

jjblueyes
06-04-17, 05:30 PM
Thank you you for the response. Portal is now ok lu storage after restarting. It is crazy the inconsistencies you are correct. I used to have 3 little icons on my game page for the quests but they disappeared a day or so ago. It gets confusing. Thanks again.
jen

Jeez, more confusion, lack of clarity, and inconsistencies. Somebody told me that they had hidden the Contrastias that we won in the last World Event, in our Storage, but they never did show up. This might be like that, or maybe you need to relog a couple of times.

My Portal went straight to my Nest, but ksbmommy said that hers went to Storage. There was never a crafting requirement on them. I'm thinking, now, to be safe, I better have a Nest empty when I finish the Tales.

Hartoled
06-04-17, 10:28 PM
I forgot to empty out the Nest that I was saving for the Astro Dragon before I did my final Tales battle. It asked to show me the Nest and I found the Astro in my Storage, so I guess that went ok, for me.

Den8137259
06-04-17, 11:31 PM
I forgot to empty out the Nest that I was saving for the Astro Dragon before I did my final Tales battle. It asked to show me the Nest and I found the Astro in my Storage, so I guess that went ok, for me.

★ my astro went straight to the storage the moment the nests are unavailable

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBiaCCoUIAAwPaf.jpg

★ btw could i know what is the dragon prize name the moment you put astro and portal together? ★ any info on this drag is most welcomed! Ty (:

starship412
06-05-17, 12:24 AM
Time Travel will automatically either go on an empty nest or into storage when you breed Astro/Portal.

Florr06
06-05-17, 04:07 AM
I even activated the 2nd breeding den and am only at 80% towards Portal... I also used several breeding boosts. Only 2 days to go (might as well be 1.5 day) I guess I won't make it. Feel bad for spending all those boosts and 50 gold, the only reason I did that was to breed Circuit and get Portal and I got neither.

Den8137259
06-05-17, 09:56 AM
★ I'm currently at 66% breeding iterations ★ Long way to go, with so little time remaining ★

kinetikos
06-05-17, 12:09 PM
So, I wasn't able to complete the Dragon Tales. I got stuck on the battles. This means I didn't get all the tokens necessary for Astro. I already have Astro from previously, but of course, it doesn't count. It is too bad that I can't continue to get Time Travel.

Is anyone else in this boat?

lenasdinner
06-05-17, 12:16 PM
I've got all dragons.:D raised Astro and Portal to lvl 7 and put them to breed,got 9h of breeding and I really hope it will be someting that I don't allready have(lots of 9h outcomes). Time travel went directly on nest.
Got pretty amazing dragons this week...thank you S8!!:)

DR0G0N
06-05-17, 12:31 PM
So, I wasn't able to complete the Dragon Tales. I got stuck on the battles. This means I didn't get all the tokens necessary for Astro. I already have Astro from previously, but of course, it doesn't count. It is too bad that I can't continue to get Time Travel.

I thought you could still get Time Travel as long as you breed Astro and Portal together.

random59
06-05-17, 01:06 PM

If you already have Astro you should be fine! Do you have Portal? If so you should be able to breed them and still get Time Travel, I bred my 2 original dragons and got another Time Travel sent to storage.

kinetikos
06-05-17, 02:16 PM
You did? I bred my existing Astro & Portal. I completed the breed past of the Time goal, but not the hatch portions.

Did anyone else get Time with their original Astro & Portal?

katali119
06-05-17, 02:23 PM
From what someone said earlier, whilst you don't have to Hatch your new ones, you do have to receive them before the hatch portion of the task completes.

KevinW07
06-06-17, 07:41 AM
Sigh, I purchased the Time Travel dragon back in August 2015, when S8 put it on sale for 450 gold. Those of us that did that should get a different bonus dragon! Thanks S8!!!

Clark_Wayne
06-06-17, 07:53 AM
Sigh, I purchased the Time Travel dragon back in August 2015, when S8 put it on sale for 450 gold. Those of us that did that should get a different bonus dragon! Thanks S8!!!

absolutely agreed !
i had all of them from the tales so the 2nd astro will stay in storage until i need some small black gems.
and i don't even bother try to get the 2nd portal : would wasting my time and my gold ;)

djeyefly
06-06-17, 10:05 AM
Your absolutly right. Thanks team lava for another great challenge ! Even though i already had the astro and portal dragons, no time travel for me.

Nikkook
06-06-17, 10:15 AM
I got my second Portal Dragon through the side task and my second Astro from the tales, only then did I get the time travel egg in storage, even though I bred the original portal and Astro 10 days earlier. I don't think there was any chance of breeding time travel directly.

Florr06
06-06-17, 11:15 AM
Will be at 348 about an hour before the goal ends - hopefully I can then breed a dragon of at least 12 hours and not much longer so I won't have to spend more gold than necessary.

DR0G0N
06-06-17, 06:44 PM
About 5 hours left, only 70% progress, needed 100 favors. Lol, this is harder than the Dragon Tales b/c at least the DT I don't need to spend any gold, but for this one, it's a different case since it started with a impossible goal. Boosting like crazy, realize not only do I need to speed through breeding, but also hatching (needed nest to clear den), and evolving (need space to clear nest). All ties in together. So base on this, not sure how much gold needed for it.

Phoenix406
06-06-17, 07:28 PM
I bred Astro and Portal and got a Royal dragon (yes, I was awarded the time travel dragon as well). I've been getting a lot of "oddball" dragons lately, which is great, but now I have a bunch of habitats that each only have one dragon in them so far (Royal, Dino, Tropic, Fairytale). So happy I got a Dino dragon!!

pod5124cra
06-06-17, 08:24 PM
I'm not impressed with this side event. This morning it said I had 2 days to get the portal dragon and when I got home in the evening it said I only had 5 hours left NOT HAPPY. Now I won't get the final dragon which ends in 8 days total scam.

DR0G0N
06-06-17, 08:41 PM
3 hours left, 7 gold spent at 80%
2 hours left, another 7 gold spent at 83%
1 hour 30 minutes left, 9 gold spent at 85% (on my last boost)
1 hour left, 14 gold spent at 90%
30 minutes left, 34 gold spent at 95%
15 minutes left, 36 gold spent at 100%

Total= 107 golds and 8 - 5x breeding boost plus a bunch of nest and evolution boosts along with 2 Firegrass dragons that needed to be sold instead of traded due to no space (so lost 4 common gems)

Received 366 Portal Favors (6 extra favors)

Phew...one of those impossible events that requires golds no matter how hard you try. I think this was the worst one, no chance at all.

Den8137259
06-06-17, 11:20 PM
★ here's portal after some gold speeding ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBspg9yXkAAgqr5?format=jpg

Den8137259
06-06-17, 11:25 PM
★ ooo i have two portal drags in my storage! how un-wonderful lol ★

★ anyway will wait till it's nearly the end of event to "mate" the two drags lol ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBsrI98XgAEe8Uf?format=jpg

Hartoled
06-06-17, 11:47 PM
I got 8 hours from breeding Astro and Portal. Would really make my day if it turns out to be an Archangel.

Den8137259
06-06-17, 11:50 PM
I got 8 hours from breeding Astro and Portal. Would really make my day if it turns out to be an Archangel.

★ archangel is 8 hours! wow okay (: ★ I was thinking it would take 40-plus hours, like all diamond-related drags do (: ★

Florr06
06-07-17, 02:21 AM
Will be at 348 about an hour before the goal ends - hopefully I can then breed a dragon of at least 12 hours and not much longer so I won't have to spend more gold than necessary.
Didn't get lucky. In the end I spent 14 more gold than necessary :(

Hartoled
06-07-17, 10:50 AM

It WAS! That's a fantastic way for me to end this Challenge! Sugar Skull and Fortune Teller would have also been nice.

Good luck with all of yours!

Florr06
06-07-17, 11:06 AM
It WAS! That's a fantastic way for me to end this Challenge! Sugar Skull and Fortune Teller would have also been nice.

Good luck with all of yours!

that's so lucky! congrats :)
I'm just waiting for Portal to finish evolving, hopefully I get a nice dragon as well ;)

Hartoled
06-07-17, 11:32 AM
that's so lucky! congrats :)
I'm just waiting for Portal to finish evolving, hopefully I get a nice dragon as well ;)

Thank you! I hope you do. I counted about 11 dragons from that pair that I might not have, so I'm sure almost all of us could stand a chance of improving our herds.

katali119
06-07-17, 02:03 PM
I have either a clown or seer breeding :'( I have several of both of them sadly. But I'm really happy to get portal and time travel, as those are colour combos I don't have yet :)

Florr06
06-09-17, 12:06 AM
Thank you! I hope you do. I counted about 11 dragons from that pair that I might not have, so I'm sure almost all of us could stand a chance of improving our herds.

Well, I was lucky as well, I got Beastmaster :D

Den8137259
06-09-17, 10:14 PM
★ I have the necessary prerequisite drags; and yes on second thoughts I might just pass the Time Portal (: ★