PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant is out of sync with the server

Unregistered
03-15-11, 07:29 PM
I'm running android 2.3.3 fw on a Nexus 1 phone. This app has worked flawlessly the past few days. Today as I'm trying to add tables and chairs to my restaurant it the game keeps having to refresh after I place 2 chairs down and erases all my furniture. It says "OH DARN! Your restaurant is out of sync with the server. We have refreshed your restaurant." I have 3G with full bars...this is very frustrating because I don't have tables and chairs for my customers because it keeps deleting them. Please fix.

beatdoctor
03-16-11, 02:41 AM
Same happens to me since today, using a Samsung Galaxy with Android 2.1. During an expansion session i put all furniture into storage, ,now i only am able to place tables, but no chairs. Even if i try - after a short while the message appears and all chairs i added have been deleted and put back to storage - needs to be fixed urgently!!!
ID: beatdoctor
Restaurant Name: Slayer?s Inn

beatdoctor
03-16-11, 08:57 AM
During trials to fix the problem i found out, that if i buy a new item (at me is?s chairs) wich i haven?t got (i tried a pine chair - got none before) i can properly place. No problem occures. So i sold three of my Holly chairs (exspensive experiment...) and bought them newly, placed them....no error message.
I suppose that the server hasn?t noticed i put the items into storage.
That means your items are saved at ur phone or iPod, but if u place them into your restaurant the server "thinks" u have none to place, cause it ain?t got the information what?s in your storage room.
Am curious how they fix that problem...

id: beatdoctor
Restaurant name: Slayer?s Inn

Unregistered
03-16-11, 12:19 PM
same is happening to me, I have a my touch 4g.... everything was working fine till i put all my tables and chairs in the storage. I can put a table or anything else out and i wont get the message but when i put out the chairs i get the out of sync message. how do i fix this ?!?

Donnahh
03-16-11, 03:10 PM
I have seen three fixes to this problem around the forum.
I'd have to say tho, I haven't had this problem (only briefly on Treasure Story, and I hard-closed) but you can try one or all to see if they work.

1 - Hard close your program if using a newer iPod/iPhone (hitting the home button quickly twice and clicking the red minus button on the program you want to close.

2 - delete and reinstall faulty app

3 - buy a cheap chair/table and place it elsewhere in your restaurant. Somehow that seems to sync things back in. Obviously, make sure you don't buy something you have already in storage.

Good luck!!

Unregistered
03-16-11, 03:49 PM
The same thing has been happening to me today I have the 4g samsung epic it even deleted the dishes I had made :( its been doing it all day ughhh plz fix this problem

Unregistered
03-16-11, 04:25 PM
... hard-closed) but you can try one or all to see if they work.

1 - Hard close your program if using a newer iPod/iPhone (hitting the home button quickly twice and clicking the red minus button on the program you want to close.

2 - delete and reinstall faulty app

3 - buy a cheap chair/table and place it elsewhere in your restaurant. Somehow that seems to sync things back in. Obviously, make sure you don't buy something you have already in storage.

The hard close didn't work but the purchase of new chairs did. I bought the new chairs and they set fine. Then I swapped them out for the chairs I had in storage. I had a few more resets, but at least I had chairs out until what I wanted "took". Thanks for the tips.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 04:53 PM
My level has gone down to the 50s :( I have bough new chairs and even deleted the app and it still says out of sync. I just expanded and only have 1,000 left so I can't buy all new chairs. This sux

Donnahh
03-16-11, 07:10 PM
My level has gone down to the 50s :( I have bough new chairs and even deleted the app and it still says out of sync. I just expanded and only have 1,000 left so I can't buy all new chairs. This sux
Aww that sucks, just try buying one chair, not many!! I didn't want you to go broke fixing your place!!

The hard close didn't work but the purchase of new chairs did. I bought the new chairs and they set fine. Then I swapped them out for the chairs I had in storage. I had a few more resets, but at least I had chairs out until what I wanted "took". Thanks for the tips.

No worries you are most welcome :D

Unregistered
03-16-11, 07:21 PM
I bought a chair but still doesn't work. I hate life lol

Donnahh
03-16-11, 07:29 PM
I bought a chair but still doesn't work. I hate life lol

This is why I don't mess with my bakery ... I'm scared to now.
I hope it all works out for you soon, I'm sure it's some silly glitch and will be fixed promptly. I hope!

deeslatrommi
03-16-11, 09:48 PM
Try clearing the app data and cache.
Android Home, Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Restaurant Story, Force Stop, Clear Data, Clear Cache.
The method will vary depending on the Android version and manufacturer customizations.
Clear Cache may be grayed out.

If that doesn't help what happens when you visit a neighbor or community member? And placing the problem furniture and visiting another? The reason I bring this up is every time you visit someone else it forces a sync.

deeslatrommi
03-17-11, 03:58 AM
Very strange. My iPad is having the same problem with chairs. This bug is spreading and is not limited to android.

kimiko912
03-17-11, 06:44 AM
It seems that the server is recognizing the chairs, but won't recognize the chair in certain spots if that makes sense. This solved my problem. So, I have 10 chairs in my restaurant, but when I try to place an 11th chair from storage in a spot it goes poof. I then continue to scream in frustration and cuss my phone out. But I discovered if I slide one of the original 10 chairs in that spot then take a chair from storage and place it where the chair I just moved it seems to stick. Try it. I hope that makes sense and I hope it helps!

deeslatrommi
03-17-11, 03:27 PM
Here is another workaround...

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?9938-Server-sync-error&p=53637&viewfull=1#post53637

Ashleym1991
03-18-11, 04:33 AM
I use a iphone 3gs and everytime i put my chairs that i had in storage out, it says it need to resest itself with the server. I cant put chairs out! Please help. This is very frustrating.

Thanks
Ashley