PDA

View Full Version : Runic Fox - 2017 May 23

Clark_Wayne
05-23-17, 12:21 PM
Limited until May 30 2017

NON BREEDABLE

Hatching time : 12h

Evolving time : 12h

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36890&d=1495647924&thumb=1 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36890&d=1495647924)

36884 36885

sparklegirly
05-23-17, 12:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yrrCkKX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UWN3nZh.jpg

Collect up to 4 Realm Runes per day!
Runic Fox on sale for 600 gems until May 30th.

DirkDragon
05-23-17, 12:25 PM
My store has a Runic Fox, but there is a banner across it saying Limit Reached? Same for Runic Retreat. Don't understand what that means?

sparklegirly
05-23-17, 12:33 PM
I need a gems sale! This fox is beautiful! I don't have much space left especially for a large habitat but I'm hoping this is an indication that new expansions are coming soon!

Destiel0918
05-23-17, 12:39 PM
I need a gems sale! This fox is beautiful! I don't have much space left especially for a large habitat but I'm hoping this is an indication that new expansions are coming soon!

I'm waiting few days - there should be gem sale before the Leaderboard ends- Fox is 50 % off until 30-th. So it should fit into that time.

AppieP
05-23-17, 02:00 PM
I'm also waiting for a sale. I really want this one. Love the idea for a realm prune animal at last.

@Dirkdragon;
I had the same during the World Event for some deco I just placed and still had 2 in storage. Couldn't placed out and into the field. Don't know what it means.

torfhoeken3
05-23-17, 02:04 PM
My store has a Runic Fox, but there is a banner across it saying Limit Reached? Same for Runic Retreat. Don't understand what that means?

Not clear, but think it is a big teaser different for each player: mine has that same banner, and the habitat supposedly is only available from lvl86, while I am lvl85, my daughter's lvl54 and unlocks at lvl56, while my son's lvl56 and his will only be available at lvl58... S8 wants you to play and level up quickly!

gramland
05-23-17, 02:05 PM
I also have both the Runic Fox and the Runic Retreat listed in my store. Both have a banner saying Limit Reached. Can someone please explain this?.

Phoenix406
05-23-17, 02:17 PM
All I know is that I'm going to buy it as soon as they give me a gem sale!! Mine does not say "limit reached." Also, I was thinking that I was under level 86, but I just realized I am now level 91. Wow, when did that happen? I'm very excited about this. We have been asking them to provide additional ways to earn Runes, so I guess this is our answer. It makes perfect sense since we can already buy gem producing and food producing animals.

kooky panda
05-23-17, 02:19 PM
I also have both the Runic Fox and the Runic Retreat listed in my store. Both have a banner saying Limit Reached. Can someone please explain this?.
Try force closing and restarting your game.

Drachenia
05-23-17, 02:51 PM
Hello Elsa and moderators, just like all community managers! I have one please can one extend for sale price of 600 Gems on 31.05.2017. I can not buy it now and get only 31.05.2017 my money in the account. Thanks to all of TL, I love this game and the Realm Rune giving animal is so great. :confused: :rolleyes:

poofyena
05-23-17, 03:46 PM
Oh gosh I'm actually in love with this little fox....i think I'll actually buy this one! Sooo pretty. I'm also waiting to see if I get a gem sale though.
Nice job S8, it's a beautiful animal!

Clark_Wayne
05-23-17, 03:56 PM
i'm still wondering if i'm going to buy it.
i wanted to buy the emerald habitat !
well i have 1 week to think on it :D

ArcadiaTofu
05-23-17, 05:41 PM
Not worth it, imo. If they expand their limit for habitats and animals, then, yeah, I might buy it. But what's the point when space is starting to get low again and the habitat limit is still horrifically abysmal and I only have a few spaces left for habitats? S8 needs to get more expansions again and really increase the habitat limit for players that are forced to use crappy Treasure Trove habitats that only allow TWO animals instead of three. If the Living Wood habitat allows THREE animals then why the heck is the Treasure Trove STILL stuck at two animals? I'd be allowed more space if they upped the limit to three, but of course... that won't probably ever be answered (along with why the habitat limit is still so low and when new expansions will be released) :\

kinetikos
05-23-17, 06:14 PM
Has anyone done a cost analysis?

JustKay
05-23-17, 06:33 PM
Thought about getting this, but would rather see a bomb producing animal like in DS. That would be so much more useful, even after fully expanding out to all spaces

Clark_Wayne
05-23-17, 06:50 PM
Not worth it, imo. If they expand their limit for habitats and animals, then, yeah, I might buy it. But what's the point when space is starting to get low again and the habitat limit is still horrifically abysmal and I only have a few spaces left for habitats? S8 needs to get more expansions again and really increase the habitat limit for players that are forced to use crappy Treasure Trove habitats that only allow TWO animals instead of three. If the Living Wood habitat allows THREE animals then why the heck is the Treasure Trove STILL stuck at two animals? I'd be allowed more space if they upped the limit to three, but of course... that won't probably ever be answered (along with why the habitat limit is still so low and when new expansions will be released) :\

Thought about getting this, but would rather see a bomb producing animal like in DS. That would be so much more useful, even after fully expanding out to all spaces

good points :)
i don't think neither that this will be a good investment, just wanted to have confirmation of what i was thinking :)

alyssafriends
05-23-17, 06:54 PM

I agree. I'm at 125 habitats with a limit of 126. This just doesn't make any sense.

haku8cafe
05-23-17, 08:35 PM
first of all the design for the fox is really awesome very nice but again if it make sense it really depend on your playstyle or how you are looking at it... I go for looks & design

now there are a total of 496 or 490+ TOTAL animals if you are that awesome or started to collect on day 1 of this game so if anyone is max (but again I can never stop or advise any1 be it you have 10x crystal Unicorn or 10x Pyro Pony since it is your game & your collection.

125 habitats is limit to 375 animals you can upkeep so either you have the WHOLE collection or you want to keep your duplicates is entirely up to you now if you spend gems to get exclusive habitats 125 habitats x 4 is 500 animals

So either you have all animals or you are going for duplicates, I have 2 neighbours who have ALL exclusives habitats yes you hear me right ALL I have never heard of them complain about animals upkeep but they are complaining about the animals they cannot get or they ever will release it... I have even seen one with the crystal habit which holds 4 animals she/he has 5 of them(but I never seen 20 crystal type in them as I mention maybe he/she just like to purchase them for d?cor or whatever reason)

but again how we want to play this game is entirely up to you but the fox is really very nice & awesome so kudos to whoever design it great job :)

missKristel
05-24-17, 12:11 AM
The Fox isn't listed in my Store... The habitat isn't there either?

AppieP
05-24-17, 12:40 AM
The Fox isn't listed in my Store... The habitat isn't there either?
Start to force enclosed and start the game again. Maby this can help you.

alyssafriends
05-24-17, 03:04 AM
first of all the design for the fox is really awesome very nice but again if it make sense it really depend on your playstyle or how you are looking at it... I go for looks & design

now there are a total of 496 or 490+ TOTAL animals if you are that awesome or started to collect on day 1 of this game so if anyone is max (but again I can never stop or advise any1 be it you have 10x crystal Unicorn or 10x Pyro Pony since it is your game & your collection.

125 habitats is limit to 375 animals you can upkeep so either you have the WHOLE collection or you want to keep your duplicates is entirely up to you now if you spend gems to get exclusive habitats 125 habitats x 4 is 500 animals

So either you have all animals or you are going for duplicates, I have 2 neighbours who have ALL exclusives habitats yes you hear me right ALL I have never heard of them complain about animals upkeep but they are complaining about the animals they cannot get or they ever will release it... I have even seen one with the crystal habit which holds 4 animals she/he has 5 of them(but I never seen 20 crystal type in them as I mention maybe he/she just like to purchase them for d?cor or whatever reason)

but again how we want to play this game is entirely up to you but the fox is really very nice & awesome so kudos to whoever design it great job :)

Yes, I started on day one. I don't have any duplicate animals. My 125 habitats are a mix of normal and exclusive habitats that I won or bought with the gems people gave me. The album says that I have a total of 400 animals. I also have 69 animals in storage. There is no room for this new rune animal though I like the design.

Sakrysta
05-24-17, 05:16 AM
I would love to have this animal, but I just can't afford to buy animals. I miss being able to breed prize animals. I tried so hard for one until they turned off that ability. So there will just always be animals that I will never have. :(

missKristel
05-24-17, 07:07 AM
Start to force enclosed and start the game again. Maby this can help you.

This doesn't help. But I also didn't get the message saying the Runic Fox was available. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't even know it existed. I even rebooted my phone but that doesn't help either...

AppieP
05-24-17, 08:01 AM
This doesn't help. But I also didn't get the message saying the Runic Fox was available. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't even know it existed. I even rebooted my phone but that doesn't help either...
Which version of FFS do you play? Font know for sure, but I think you need to play the original "Land Before Dragons".
If you play this version the last option I can give you try to reinstall the game. Sometimes this will help. Otherwise you need to contact support from S8.

AppieP
05-24-17, 08:04 AM
I got a gem sale. Bought 780 gems. Just placed the habitat and in 2 and a half hour my nest is empty and I can buy the Runic Fox. Im so exited to see the egg into the nest. Can barely wait 😀

missKristel
05-24-17, 08:29 AM
Which version of FFS do you play? Font know for sure, but I think you need to play the original "Land Before Dragons".
If you play this version the last option I can give you try to reinstall the game. Sometimes this will help. Otherwise you need to contact support from S8.

Thank you so much for the tip. I was still playing an old version, because it runs the most smooth on my phone. Downloaded 'Land before Dragons' and the Runic Fox is there!

Destiel0918
05-24-17, 10:22 AM
The Habitat is the big one (4x4) in case someone is wondering.

Clark_Wayne
05-24-17, 10:29 AM
if someone got an egg pic, please post it ;) so everyone got the look on it ;)

AppieP
05-24-17, 10:47 AM
Here's the Egg. Couldn't wait more longer to put it into the nest.;)

AppieP
05-24-17, 10:49 AM
Thank you so much for the tip. I was still playing an old version, because it runs the most smooth on my phone. Downloaded 'Land before Dragons' and the Runic Fox is there!
Your welcome. Glad I could help.

Clark_Wayne
05-24-17, 11:00 AM
Here's the Egg. Couldn't wait more longer to put it into the nest.;)

thx and thx to kooky for putting the pic in post#1 ;)

:)KP

Phoenix406
05-24-17, 11:17 AM
Come on, S8, give me a gem sale! And a gold sale in DS, too. I'm ready to give you guys some moolah! (Not like I don't spend enough already - I bought 3 of those rune packages with the Snappy Turtle. Now I wish I had done one more so that I would have an extra space for the Runic Fox. Gonna have to get him and skip one of the Emerald habitats I was planning to buy.)

GreytMom
05-24-17, 12:32 PM
I'm gonna do it, especially because he's adorable. I'm not even close to my habitat limit yet so I'm good there. I figure an extra 28 runes a week for a cute animal is worth it for me, and I can feed him up during the LB

MystiqueRealm
05-24-17, 04:47 PM
Hello Elsa and moderators, just like all community managers! I have one please can one extend for sale price of 600 Gems on 31.05.2017. I can not buy it now and get only 31.05.2017 my money in the account. Thanks to all of TL, I love this game and the Realm Rune giving animal is so great. :confused: :rolleyes:

They missed the boat on timing for a lot of people, some get paid 1st week of the month. I usually get gem sales on the weekend too when I can't put money on my card because banks are closed.. I use prepaid cards for games so I can't be overcharged ;) plus it's for online so I think it's safer..but timing for sale items are off, if they want more buyers they need to take it into consideration

littelprincess0313
05-24-17, 07:52 PM
I agree. I'm at 125 habitats with a limit of 126. This just doesn't make any sense.

Same for me 124/126 no sense in buying this fox - maybe would have done it if they would have given us expantions and a habitat raise BEFORE (we still need it!)
Someone wasnt very clever...

missKristel
05-24-17, 10:38 PM
BTW, if you have him leveled up it will take 21 weeks to break even at four runes per day.

What do you mean by this? (I don't understand sorry :()

GreytMom
05-24-17, 11:32 PM
What do you mean by this? (I don't understand sorry :()

Sorry about that, you're right, I totally did that wrong. I was thinking of gems, not runes. I'm going to post my math once I figure it with runs and see how everyone else figured it. Mine's not seeming to work out.

missKristel
05-24-17, 11:38 PM
Sorry about that, you're right, I totally did that wrong. I was thinking of gems, not runes. I'm going to post my math once I figure it with runs and see how everyone else figured it. Mine's not seeming to work out.

I thought you might mean the Runic Fox "disappears" after 21 weeks in het habitat. So you can only get daily runes for 21 weeks, much like the Golden Unicorn...

GreytMom
05-24-17, 11:52 PM
Will someone please check my math?
The gem cost per Rune is the variable in question. I'm figuring each Rune is worth about three gems. I'm using 3:1 because I'm currently 9 runes or 30 gems away from an expansion. I can't remember how many runes or gems it costs to expand from nothing.

So if that's the case, 28 Runes per week is the equivalent of 84 gems per week. Since the Runic Fox costs 600 gems, that would make the break even point just over seven weeks (84 x 7.15 = 600).
Is that possible? It seems like it would be too good to be true for those of us who have lots of space open.
I'm thinking I must be making a mistake somewhere in my figuring.
Thanks, folks!

missKristel
05-25-17, 01:11 AM
Will someone please check my math?
The gem cost per Rune is the variable in question. I'm figuring each Rune is worth about three gems. I'm using 3:1 because I'm currently 9 runes or 30 gems away from an expansion. I can't remember how many runes or gems it costs to expand from nothing.

So if that's the case, 28 Runes per week is the equivalent of 84 gems per week. Since the Runic Fox costs 600 gems, that would make the break even point just over seven weeks (84 x 7.15 = 600).
Is that possible? It seems like it would be too good to be true for those of us who have lots of space open.
I'm thinking I must be making a mistake somewhere in my figuring.
Thanks, folks!

I'm level 54 and each expansion for me costs 70 runes. I'm currently 26 runes away from the total, or I can spend 260 gems to expand now. Making each rune worth 10 gems for me. So if I buy the Runic Fox and get 28 runes a week, that would be worth 280 gems a week for me. Since the Runic Fox is 600 gems, I would've earned it back in a little over 2 weeks.

If my math is correct, it was never my strongest subject...

haku8cafe
05-25-17, 03:10 AM
if we are talking about usefulness esp if you are low level or what you want to get with your gems... I say go with nest first

having extra nest 250gems is way better than anything else in FFS if you look at the way of how I look at it...

just 250gems than 500gems or even better 1000gems it nets you 4 nest, my mate has 4 nest so any I REPEAT any world event/storybook & LB milestone she has no problem it is just the difficultly of getting LB UR animals if she meets "play to win" players, SB events she has trouble because of breeding a rare animal, world event is really a walk in the park for her she always brags she complete around 7days or less without planting 20hrs apples

now 28runes a week is great but it will greatly expand your forest in a really fast way so if you have problem getting runes it help I really cannot say it help greatly but I know my mate just bought 2 habitats one at the lvl1 stage since she says it really is cute the other at lvl10 or 15 well I did mention to her does she need that many runes?

she reply nope never need the runes but runic fox is sure cute & well design so just bought it to display on my island :)

Destiel0918
05-25-17, 06:09 AM
Bought it - seems to be worth for me. I'm not even close to my habitat limit - but always out of space- so it will certainly help me out. Each rune is 10 gems worth - if you buy them for expanding. So this fox will give you abou 280 gems worth runes in one week.
In 20 days level 15 animal- it will produce enough gems to expand 80 runes plots....

Someone mentioned - that " bomb producing animal would be more worth it" - I 'm not sure about that. You can only hold like 15 bombs ( which by miracle could give you like 45 ( if you get 3 runes with EVERY hit)....I have never gotten over 3 runes per bomb...

You can certainly hold more runes than bombs though - at least in my game.

Destiel0918
05-25-17, 06:15 AM

Sure about that? Can't you only have like 15 bombs in this game? If you get lucky and get like 3 runes per every bomb - it would equal to 45 runes....
Fox produces runes - no wasted bombs, and 4 runes every day => 28 per week.

Cdnfroglover
05-25-17, 06:31 AM
I don't see this anywhere in my game... did I miss another update?

missKristel
05-25-17, 06:45 AM
I don't see this anywhere in my game... did I miss another update?

I had the same problem. What version of FFS are you playing? You can download the newest version 'Land before Dragons' in the PlayStore/AppStore.

Cdnfroglover
05-25-17, 06:47 AM
Oh drat... I'm on the true love version right now... so I did miss another update?

Cdnfroglover
05-25-17, 06:56 AM
I had the same problem. What version of FFS are you playing? You can download the newest version 'Land before Dragons' in the PlayStore/AppStore.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed it. ❤

GreytMom
05-25-17, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys for checking that out. The fox is certainly worth it if someone is looking to expand still. I still have 70 plots to expand.
After that, he's just super cute!

And yes, extra nests & flowers come in handy for the challenges, especially LB's.

missKristel
05-25-17, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know the total food cost to get the Runic Fox to level 15?

AppieP
05-25-17, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know the total food cost to get the Runic Fox to level 15?
Food schedule 5. 138.325 apples.

missKristel
05-25-17, 12:52 PM
Food schedule 5. 138.325 apples.

Thank you!
Better start planting some crops then :p

GreytMom
05-25-17, 01:49 PM
Thank you!
Better start planting some crops then :p

Don't forget there's probably a Storybook coming, so be sure to save some apples (about 150k) if you plan on participating in that.

Phoenix406
05-26-17, 12:52 AM
Come on, S8, give me a gem sale! And a gold sale in DS, too. I'm ready to give you guys some moolah! (Not like I don't spend enough already - I bought 3 of those rune packages with the Snappy Turtle. Now I wish I had done one more so that I would have an extra space for the Runic Fox. Gonna have to get him and skip one of the Emerald habitats I was planning to buy.)

Still no gem sale. 😕 I used to get one several days each week. Now nothing for days, but 2 days in a row gold sales in DS. Is there some sort of algorithm that determines when you get a gem sale?

missKristel
05-26-17, 01:47 AM
I had a Gem sale 1 or 2 days ago. I didn't buy any then because I was still considering whether or not I wanted to buy the Runic Fox. But now I really want to buy it, already bought the habitat!

Hopefully there will be another sale this weekend.

Limequat
05-26-17, 07:26 AM
I raised my Runic Fox to level 10, which is the look that is featured in the banner. Has anyone raised their Runic Fox to level 15 yet? If so, could you please post a screenshot of what he looks like? I'm satisfied with receiving 3 runes/day, but I wouldn't mind receiving 4/day if I like how the Runic Fox looks in epic form.

Silverrain1
05-26-17, 09:18 AM
I really want this. It's absolutely gorgeous! But I have something like 140 gems and the crashing the past few days has been horrendous so I really cnt justify buying gems. So I'm gonna miss this animal as well as the wealth corgi that I wanted.

cheetahblood
05-26-17, 11:35 AM
agreed Limequat!

Destiel0918
05-26-17, 12:23 PM
My fox is level 15.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36907

sparklegirly
05-27-17, 07:03 AM
My fox is level 15.

Thank you so much for uploading a picture of your fox. I really do love it but I only have 7 expansion spaces left. If they don't give us more space this would not be a good investment for me. I wish the habitat was 3x3, then I would by it without hesitation. I just don't have space for a large habitat that will only hold one animal. My question is, if I collect 80 Runes and have no space left will they just accumulate in my account? Or will I be unable to collect from my fox?

Destiel0918
05-27-17, 11:18 AM
Thank you so much for uploading a picture of your fox. I really do love it but I only have 7 expansion spaces left. If they don't give us more space this would not be a good investment for me. I wish the habitat was 3x3, then I would by it without hesitation. I just don't have space for a large habitat that will only hold one animal. My question is, if I collect 80 Runes and have no space left will they just accumulate in my account? Or will I be unable to collect from my fox?

They really should open up new expansions - I was praying for 3x3 habitat too. 4x4 for ONE animal is bit ridiculous. Not that it would change since you can only have 1 fox - you can't buy two ( one is the limit). But I have over 44 expansion left myself - and Fox will help me to reach it faster than bombs. I do hope thy do expand soon thoguh - for older players it is a huge problem, and ****s the mood to play. But I needed it - since I'm no where NEAR my habitat limit. I think later I will try to slowly buy gem habitats and replace ordinary ones out one by one.

poofyena
05-28-17, 07:59 AM
I actually ended up skipping the fox despite how much I love the design, my game is just to buggy these days to justify spending money on it...very disappointing but I just don't feel like it's worth it at the moment....sob.

missKristel
05-28-17, 08:26 AM
The Fox will still be available on May 30th right? Or wil it dissapear at midnight?

Destiel0918
05-28-17, 10:44 AM
The Fox will still be available on May 30th right? Or wil it dissapear at midnight?

I think it will still be available - but with full price. It will be 50 % off until then ( 600 gems). I think they will leave it available - but for 1200 gems.

sparklegirly
05-28-17, 05:14 PM
I caved and bought the Runic Fox. Now Storm8 give us more islands please :)

MisterBlu
05-29-17, 02:36 AM
At exactly what time on May 30 will the sale price offer for the Runic Fox end? I find that gem sales usually appear at 8am UK time and last 24 hours. It would be extremely annoying if I wait until tomorrow morning in the hope of a gem sale only to find that the sale price for the fox ends at the same time

missKristel
05-29-17, 05:00 AM
At exactly what time on May 30 will the sale price offer for the Runic Fox end? I find that gem sales usually appear at 8am UK time and last 24 hours. It would be extremely annoying if I wait until tomorrow morning in the hope of a gem sale only to find that the sale price for the fox ends at the same time

Yes. Same for me.

Eluzyion
05-29-17, 05:11 AM

"Usually" a sale ends at the start of new events which would be Tuesdays (next is the 30th) and Fridays 11:30 am pst so I'd suggest getting before that time in case it goes off sale ;) I think that's 7:30 pm UK time? Some have said sales end a bit earlier at times so I'd probably get it by 11am pst to be safe..

My gem sales start at 12am pst so my attempt at conversion times could be off ;)

haku8cafe
05-29-17, 05:31 AM
since my mate dun log in here I thought I will share her idea...

The rune habitat should increase to more counts like can hold 3-4 animals since it only hold 4 runes max.

I know S8 would not want to have players having an advantage or log in few days & farm runes. But the trick she suggest is if you have 1 rune fox it holds 4runes a day if you have 2 animals in there it hold 8runes maybe cap to 12 or 8runes.(12 runes means you have 3 rune animals getting the forth is entirely your choice since it max at 12)
So as long as you have only 1 fox it can only farm 4 runes a day but additional fox grant you more runes so as least in a way you spend gems to get them.

this way S8 you can create additional rune animal instead of just cap it to just rune fox.

Trust me my mate is a fan of the well design fox & have gotten 2.. one keep at lvl1 the other lvl15 she dun need the runes she have at least 4 empty space for future premium habitats :) but I know she Gladly purchase more well design rune animals instead of you guys just capping to 1 rune fox for a long time :)

Limequat
05-29-17, 05:38 AM
My fox is level 15.

Thanks for posting a photo of your fox. I'm a bit wary of the sparkle filter they use on epic animals because it often ends up making the animals look washed out (especially animals that are light and sparkly to begin with like the birthstone ponies, though sometimes darker colored non-sparkly ones too), but it looks alright on the fox. I might raise mine to 15 in the future, especially if new expansions are added.

Destiel0918
05-29-17, 09:18 AM
since my mate dun log in here I thought I will share her idea...

The rune habitat should increase to more counts like can hold 3-4 animals since it only hold 4 runes max.

I know S8 would not want to have players having an advantage or log in few days & farm runes. But the trick she suggest is if you have 1 rune fox it holds 4runes a day if you have 2 animals in there it hold 8runes maybe cap to 12 or 8runes.(12 runes means you have 3 rune animals getting the forth is entirely your choice since it max at 12)
So as long as you have only 1 fox it can only farm 4 runes a day but additional fox grant you more runes so as least in a way you spend gems to get them.

this way S8 you can create additional rune animal instead of just cap it to just rune fox.

Trust me my mate is a fan of the well design fox & have gotten 2.. one keep at lvl1 the other lvl15 she dun need the runes she have at least 4 empty space for future premium habitats :) but I know she Gladly purchase more well design rune animals instead of you guys just capping to 1 rune fox for a long time :)

Wouldn't work.
Rune fox is limited per one for an account - you can't buy more than one. And animal habitat doesn't hole more than one animal.

missKristel
05-29-17, 09:38 PM
I bought the Runic Fox yesterday :)

phoebe2423
05-30-17, 04:23 AM
I can see Runic fox on my tablet but not on my phone �������� what happen?

AppieP
05-30-17, 10:15 AM
I can see Runic fox on my tablet but not on my phone what happen?
A silly question, but do you play the original Land Before Dragons on your phone? Don't know if the other versions have the Runic Fox, but I know the original have.

FlatFoot
05-30-17, 10:33 AM
I can see Runic fox on my tablet but not on my phone �������� what happen?

You need the most recent version of Fantasy Forest installed or you won't be able to see and interact with the Runic Fox.

Phoenix406
05-30-17, 11:41 AM
I bought the Runic Fox, and now, for the life of me, I can hardly get runes in the mine. I usually get 2 runes per mine. Now I'm getting one. *thinking face emoji*

Destiel0918
05-30-17, 12:27 PM
I bought the Runic Fox, and now, for the life of me, I can hardly get runes in the mine. I usually get 2 runes per mine. Now I'm getting one. *thinking face emoji*

Same issue started with me few weeks before - this is why I bought runic fox- to get more runes. I don't think it is fox's fault - just bad luck or they made it harder to get runes.

Orginalbluetooth
05-30-17, 07:10 PM
My runic fox isn't making any rune stones and I've hatch it 3 days ago!

NannaSherry
05-31-17, 07:19 AM
My runic fox isn't making any rune stones and I've hatch it 3 days ago!

Yes my Rune Fox is at level 14, and awaiting the evo flower to get to epic level and 4 runes a day. Nowshouldmt I be receiving 2 runes a day? Why does it just show 1 rune to collect? Will all three runes be available together or is it a rune every 8 hours? I expected when I popped my game on this morning to collect 3 runes as you do your coins for the other habitats. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help offered.

Phoenix406
05-31-17, 08:13 AM
Yes my Rune Fox is at level 14, and awaiting the evo flower to get to epic level and 4 runes a day. Nowshouldmt I be receiving 2 runes a day? Why does it just show 1 rune to collect? Will all three runes be available together or is it a rune every 8 hours? I expected when I popped my game on this morning to collect 3 runes as you do your coins for the other habitats. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help offered.
You get a new rune every 8 hours. You can always click on the habitat to see how many runes have been earned so far - you don't have to wait for the time to float over the habitat before you can collect.

Destiel0918
05-31-17, 10:12 AM
Level 15 fox gets you 4 runes per 24 hours => Every 6 hours you can see at least 1 rune, but after 2 runes - it will show you to collect. Basically - It does give you 1 rune after every 6 hours. I usually collect 2 per day - trying to keep 12 hours between the collections.

NannaSherry
05-31-17, 02:29 PM
Level 15 fox gets you 4 runes per 24 hours => Every 6 hours you can see at least 1 rune, but after 2 runes - it will show you to collect. Basically - It does give you 1 rune after every 6 hours. I usually collect 2 per day - trying to keep 12 hours between the collections.

Ok thanks very much. I'll check it out. Excited to be getting runes. I have been waiting to speed up expansion!!

Morag2000
06-01-17, 01:05 AM

I hatched my Runic Fox 6 days ago and I have only recieved 2 runes so far.

At level 4 it says 2 runes in 24 hours, at, level 10 it says 3 runes in 24 hours, and at level 15 you get 4 runes in 24 hours but I am only getting one rune in 24 hours..

I have just evolved him and shall wait and see how many I get this time, I only expect 1 again!!!

Obviously there is a problem as other people are having the same trouble.

Destiel0918
06-01-17, 03:15 AM
I hatched my Runic Fox 6 days ago and I have only recieved 2 runes so far.

At level 4 it says 2 runes in 24 hours, at, level 10 it says 3 runes in 24 hours, and at level 15 you get 4 runes in 24 hours but I am only getting one rune in 24 hours..

I have just evolved him and shall wait and see how many I get this time, I only expect 1 again!!!

Obviously there is a problem as other people are having the same trouble.

Normally it shows 1 rune, the "collect" appears once it has collected 2 runes ( in 12 ) hours.

You can try it - collect - and wait 24 hours- and see if you got 4 runes. If yes- then your fox is normal.
For me - most of the time it has 1 rune if I click on habitat - so it should be normal.

Also - what level is your fox? Only level 15 fox will get you 4 runes per day? If your fox is level 1-3 - you will get 1 rune per 24 hour! If your fox is 10- 14 - you will get 3 in 24 hours. level 15 fox gets 4 per 24 hours.

RainbowsandRandoms
06-01-17, 03:23 AM
Did anyone else not get the runic fox offer? It's one I most definitely would have bought. Have to hope it comes round again.

Destiel0918
06-01-17, 04:10 AM
Did anyone else not get the runic fox offer? It's one I most definitely would have bought. Have to hope it comes round again.

What game version are you playing? It has to be the original one - " land before the dragons" - the fox is there. I hope it is still available - but now on full price 1200 gems. Can't check though, since I already have it, and can't buy more.

sparklegirly
06-01-17, 07:57 AM
My Runic Fox is at level 10 and so far I've been receiving 2 Realm Runes per day. It pops up with a Runes icon about every 12 hours as Destiel0918 has mentioned above. I don't plan on feeding my fox to 15 until more expansions are released.

RainbowsandRandoms
06-03-17, 04:13 AM
I was still playing the valentine's one that I'd had to upgrade to a couple of months back. How do people know when it's time to upgrade the game version? I've never seen anything in the game telling me to.

Destiel0918
06-03-17, 04:21 PM
I was still playing the valentine's one that I'd had to upgrade to a couple of months back. How do people know when it's time to upgrade the game version? I've never seen anything in the game telling me to.

I turned on automatic updates- this way it automatically is always on the latest possible version...

Phoenix406
06-06-17, 02:42 PM
So I tend to just go along and assume that everything is working normally, like I'm getting the right number of shadows from harvesting, etc. However, I am now questioning my Runic Fox. Last night at 9:00 P.M. MST, he found/collected/produced the second rune of the day (I noticed at 8:00 that he had one, and when I checked back at 9:00, he had 2, and I collected them). So I thought this was perfect - I would be able to track when my next runes would be available, and I expected to have 3 by 9:00 P.M. tonight. My fox is at level 13 and produces 3 runes/day. So I should have 1 rune at 5:00 A.M., a second one at 1:00 P.M., and the third should be there at 9:00 P.M. tonight. However, he didn't show any runes until 1:00 today - just one rune. So it seems he is only making 2 per day, maybe? I will check back at 9:00 tonight, but this is making me a bit upset now.

GreytMom
06-06-17, 03:18 PM
^I was wondering the same thing, it seems like I'm not getting four per day at level 15. I haven't taken the time yet try to investigate though, so I will make it a point to keep an eye on him. It's possible he's being a crafty fox and not giving us what he's supposed to.

Phoenix406
06-06-17, 08:33 PM
Confirmed: I received 2 runes in 24 hours, not 3. My fox is level 13.

Destiel0918
06-06-17, 09:34 PM
I have small doubts. if I wait exactly 24 hours ( + like 2 extra minutes to be sure) I get my 4 runes ( from level 15 fox).
What sucks however is....let's say I collect 3 runes few minutes BEFORE 24 hours are up. Like 2 minutes missing from 24 hours - where 4-th rune should show up. If I do collect the three - the timer seems to RESTART from that minute - counting 6 hours towards NEXT rune, not the mere 2 minutes that should have taken, for the one rune to appear. So for maximum effect - I'm really considering starting to collect ONLY after 24 hours are up ( + few extra minutes) - NO collections in the middle.

supermaay
06-07-17, 07:33 AM
I have small doubts. if I wait exactly 24 hours ( + like 2 extra minutes to be sure) I get my 4 runes ( from level 15 fox).
What sucks however is....let's say I collect 3 runes few minutes BEFORE 24 hours are up. Like 2 minutes missing from 24 hours - where 4-th rune should show up. If I do collect the three - the timer seems to RESTART from that minute - counting 6 hours towards NEXT rune, not the mere 2 minutes that should have taken, for the one rune to appear. So for maximum effect - I'm really considering starting to collect ONLY after 24 hours are up ( + few extra minutes) - NO collections in the middle.

Thanks for sharing this important observation. If this is the case, I think we're *****ed by Storm8. I have been collecting runes whenever I like. No wonder I feel I got short changed. It's terrible.

GreytMom
06-07-17, 05:49 PM
Looks like Destiel0918 is correct on how the timer resets. I waited a full 24 hours and got all four runes.

Destiel0918
06-07-17, 09:11 PM
Good to know. I started to notice this past week. That if the timer WOULDN*T restart after collecting - then we would ideally get 4 runes EVERY tame at the same time - but collecting 2+ 2 - the time started to change for the runes to show up. 12 hours- it showed me I could collect 2 runes- but If I did - then it took another 12 hours from THAT MOMENT to the next " 12 hours- you have 2 runes collection mark". In fact, I collected those " 2 runes on like 16 hour remark - so if the timer wouldn't have restarted- it would have been MUCH sooner.

So - seems the most effective way is being patient - and collect after 24 hours to get most runes. 12 +12 is not worst, but also easier to miss out if you collect before 24 hours - since timer would restart. Those who collect every single rune separately - each time timer would restart - and they may end up with even less- absolutely worst possibility.

I hope they will fix it soon.

Destiel0918
06-07-17, 09:26 PM
Thanks for sharing this important observation. If this is the case, I think we're *****ed by Storm8. I have been collecting runes whenever I like. No wonder I feel I got short changed. It's terrible.

No wonder you missed out! Imagine collecting randomly, whenever you like!
Each time you collect - the timer WILL restart. Let's say you are as unlucky and collect randomly in like every 11 hours - you would get 1 RUNE! Since it takes 12 hours for 2 to appear!. you collect on 11 - and timer RESTARTS counting 6 hours towards next one - no wonder you have had such an hard time! Imagine though, in MOST unlucky case you could only get 2 runes per day ( if you are SO unlucky that you collect ever 11 hours and 59 minutes).

I'm starting to collect ONLY after 24 hours ( + few extra minutes, to be sure) - this way there is no fear that I will miss out. If you collect even mere moments before 24 hours- you would get 3 runes ( not 4) as timer would restart once again!
By now I'm SURE the timer restarts with each collecting - so don't collect randomly anymore. If you can resist - not even every 12 hours ( when collecting sign repairs" - if you are unlucky - you restart it again - and miss few precious hours!

Please let me know if it changed things for you. Try the 24 hours + like 2 minutes to be sure method. It's really tempting to collect before, but if you resist - it should work. Just be sure it has definitely been 24 hours, if you are really unlucky and collect even 1 minute BEFORE you will miss one rune at least! Since it takes time to even open the game, and you normally don't know which second you collected last day - wait like 2 minutes to be sure.
I was this unlucky once....thought that it had been EXACTLY 24 hours - but apparently I forgot that seconds also count - and got 3 runes....not 4. Now I always wait extra minute at least to be sure it is safe to collect.

AppieP
06-08-17, 08:01 AM
And how about the realm rune that's shows above the habitat when I collected 2 of them? I know the max is 4 for the habitat. But im collecting everytime the realm rune appears above. And then I can only collect 2.
@ Destiel0918;
Is this just a feeling you have, or can someone from the development team S8 confirm that the timer will reset everytime whe collect?!

Destiel0918
06-09-17, 03:49 AM
So far it is observation - but for every day I have checked the time and amount of runes I got. I did like you - once the "collect runes showed up above" I collected and got 2 runes. But few times - I was 4 hours late....so It had been like 16 hours - 2 hours until 3rd rune should have showed up. So I collected. But timer DID restart 100% since next one took 6 hours to show 1 rune, not 2. Tried it several times.

12 hours (2 runes) - collect works fine - if you are really punctual. But if you are even bit late- you WILL create time gap between collectors and miss out.

Also - If you collect once - after 24 hours- there is NO possibility to reset timer and miss out.
If timer WOULD NOT reset then technically 12 + 12 would be AS effective, but it is not. Let's say you collect ever day 10 am and 10 pm - like clock work... yeah - you would get 4 runes. But if you even ONCE collect 10 am and then 11 pm - you will get new runes 11 am - so - the timer MUST have reset and not counted the 1 hour you delayed before. If the timer WOULDN't reset then we would get runes always on the same time we collected them last time ( 24 hours later), but I tried 12 + 12 method ( as soon as collecton mark appeared above) and each day - I got little delayed, and then I noticed that it definitely starts counting from THAT moment until the next rune shows up. So yes- the timer MUST reset each time you collect. If the timer would NOT reset then it should not have created ANY time gap between 12 + 12 hours. It still should have given me next 2 runes at 10 am - but it was delayed - exactly 12 hours after my last collection. And each day It got delayed a bit more.

tahitii
06-09-17, 05:56 AM
I noticed it too. I can't collect exactly every 24 hrs so I'm getting only 3 runes each day instead of 4. I think it isn't fair, the timer should be fixed in another way

Destiel0918
06-09-17, 06:48 AM
I also hope they will fix this. Currently if you collect even one moment before 24 hours -you would get 3 runes, timer would reset....
They should fix this - so it doesn't restart every time you collect - this way everyone misses out. Only once 24 hours are up you can be sure you got all 4 runes from the fox.

AppieP
06-09-17, 07:42 AM
A timer like there is for the nest and garden, would be a nice option for it. Hope s8 can fix this.

Destiel0918
06-09-17, 08:16 AM
A timer like there is for the nest and garden, would be a nice option for it. Hope s8 can fix this.

Timer would be nice indeed. Or instead of " collect mark" showing up above on 12 hours, it should currently show up once all four are collected - this way you won't accidentally reset timer, if you want to wait until you are sure there are all 4. It would SUCK to collect at 23 hours and 59 minutes....and then discover you got 3 runes, and timer is counting 6 hours towards next one...unfair.

Morag2000
06-09-17, 08:49 AM
So far it is observation - but for every day I have checked the time and amount of runes I got. I did like you - once the "collect runes showed up above" I collected and got 2 runes. But few times - I was 4 hours late....so It had been like 16 hours - 2 hours until 3rd rune should have showed up. So I collected. But timer DID restart 100% since next one took 6 hours to show 1 rune, not 2. Tried it several times.

12 hours (2 runes) - collect works fine - if you are really punctual. But if you are even bit late- you WILL create time gap between collectors and miss out.

Also - If you collect once - after 24 hours- there is NO possibility to reset timer and miss out.
If timer WOULD NOT reset then technically 12 + 12 would be AS effective, but it is not. Let's say you collect ever day 10 am and 10 pm - like clock work... yeah - you would get 4 runes. But if you even ONCE collect 10 am and then 11 pm - you will get new runes 11 am - so - the timer MUST have reset and not counted the 1 hour you delayed before. If the timer WOULDN't reset then we would get runes always on the same time we collected them last time ( 24 hours later), but I tried 12 + 12 method ( as soon as collecton mark appeared above) and each day - I got little delayed, and then I noticed that it definitely starts counting from THAT moment until the next rune shows up. So yes- the timer MUST reset each time you collect. If the timer would NOT reset then it should not have created ANY time gap between 12 + 12 hours. It still should have given me next 2 runes at 10 am - but it was delayed - exactly 12 hours after my last collection. And each day It got delayed a bit more.

I too have been checking the timer on the Runic Fox and as you say, the timer resets when you collect the runes.

I collect twice a day when the rune sign appears, sometimes I am a few hours late, so I only get three runes in 24 hours not four, that's not what we were led to believe.

My Fox is on level 15

We should be getting 4 runes in 24 hours irrespective of what time you pick them up!!!!

Please S8 will you sort these timers out!!!

T

Phoenix406
06-09-17, 10:39 AM
Agreed. I would very much like them to fix the timers so that they work properly. I haven't even checked to see how my Wealth Corgi is working. He supposedly earns 3 gems every 2 days, so I'd have to check every 16 hours to see if he had made a new gem, and that would put me having to check in at some weird times of day.

Destiel0918
06-09-17, 11:12 AM
Agreed. I would very much like them to fix the timers so that they work properly. I haven't even checked to see how my Wealth Corgi is working. He supposedly earns 3 gems every 2 days, so I'd have to check every 16 hours to see if he had made a new gem, and that would put me having to check in at some weird times of day.

Yeah, currently the ONLY way to make 4 runes in 24 hours is if you wait at least 24 hours with NO collectings in between( even 23 hours and 59 minutes would not be enough - timer WOULD reset.). 12 +12 - even if you are extremely punctual there is still minimal delay while you "collect" - so....technically it wouldn't make 4 runes in 24 hours.

Destiel0918
06-10-17, 03:51 PM
Worse....I started thinking, and I suspect now that all treasure animals have same " problem".

We never noticed since most of us probably collect 1 gem per day from one animal. But times are making me suspicious.
The average treasure animal makes 3gems in 72 hours. In this case- you wait 72 hours - and get 3 gems/ no delay, no resets.
But average player collects every day one gem.
Now...
Let's say you are at point zero - freshly collected from treasure animal - for example 10. am. Next day you open game bit later - and collect 1 gem at 1 pm. Now...on the third day, the gem will NOT appear before 1pm...
If the timer would NOT reset itself, then the 1 gem should be ready every day on the same time ( unless you once collect all 3 and then restart new cycle with new collecting time). But if you DO collect like 1 per day - and every day - you have to wait until the moment you collected it on the last - then it DOES seem, that those " few hours" are delayed and added to the timer. So if you get them separately - then it takes LONGER than 72 hours to get all 3 gems - unlike taking them in one go! We just never noticed, since it still makes "1 gem per day".

adrianalima4
06-14-17, 03:09 AM
I collected my runes around 24 hours after I had collected them previously. I was obviously a few minutes too early and only collected 2/3 (my fox is only currently producing 3 a day). 20 minutes later I checked again and there was a new rune stone to be collected. A couple of hours later I checked my mine and the third rune I collected has disappeared.. come on storm8.. this is meant to be a fun game. I've spent money to buy this fox - at least be fair and give me my money's worth, or you should have been more explicit in its description so that people could make a more informed decision of whether to waste their money. This is terrible.

tahitii
06-14-17, 06:32 AM
There should be a visible timer as there is for the breeding den/nest and evolution flower. Once you collect one or more runes the timer should not reset but keep going till 24 hours. My fox is level 15 and im losing one rune a day :(

Destiel0918
06-14-17, 07:32 AM
There should be a visible timer as there is for the breeding den/nest and evolution flower. Once you collect one or more runes the timer should not reset but keep going till 24 hours. My fox is level 15 and im losing one rune a day :(

TO avoid this issue - wait at least 24 hours, like - make SURE it has been at least 24 hours. and you will get 4 runes. Collect even once in the middle - and you will get 3...

Phoenix406
06-14-17, 08:28 AM
Timer would be nice indeed. Or instead of " collect mark" showing up above on 12 hours, it should currently show up once all four are collected - this way you won't accidentally reset timer, if you want to wait until you are sure there are all 4. It would SUCK to collect at 23 hours and 59 minutes....and then discover you got 3 runes, and timer is counting 6 hours towards next one...unfair.
This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. I thought I had waited an entire 24 hours, but I was off by a few minutes. Only got 2 runes instead of 3 and the next 1 didn't show up until late last evening when it should have been there by noon yesterday.

GreytMom
06-18-17, 07:58 PM
I would definitely like some sort of timer, too. It seems like we've been mislead with the way it works now.

I AM really seeing a big difference on how fast I am able to expand though, I just have to watch the time to make sure I hit that magic 24 hour mark.

Phoenix406
12-05-17, 07:31 PM
I am wondering why the Runic Fox now says something about 3 runes per day on the sale page. It originally gave 4 runes at max level (and mine still does). Will foxes that are bought from now on only give 3 max runes, or is it a misprint in the description?

Rynetory2
12-05-17, 08:16 PM
Can you post a screenshot of the screen that says 3 runes a day?