PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 5/18 Community event | Judgment Gray | Noble Stable

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

MoonVillage3
06-07-17, 10:05 PM
As an all-day/everyday player..
I won't be doing the poll this event as one important voice is missing: those who were able to complete the event only by use of gems.
With all the possible time I had to baby-sit the game I considered this event (as said way back in the earlier pages of forum) really lacking spawn rates!
OT spawned about every 4th day doing all the collections (not useful at all)
IH not bad but collections being twice per day was not getting you anywhere in the collection!
So.. was only left to push/speedup/gem the Mines to get something! After a couple days of play figured the event was programmed to do so, as spawning frequencies did not change. The cost was not much each time.. but times were many! My opinion after years of play.. is this was the first event planned that way.. and NOT appreciated.

riverly
06-07-17, 10:08 PM
I agree. I continued it hoping to be proved wrong. Was very disappointed.
A better way to say this is that I was really hoping that this was not set up to force players to use gems.

luckylu98
06-07-17, 10:57 PM
Sorry to have to ask, but where is this poll everyone is talking about?? I've never been asked to participate before.

PolarDini
06-07-17, 11:00 PM
I love the big lynx. I think they are the best creature so far. I have 2 and they guard my glimmer gate. I think they look cool there. :cool:

You may be the first person loving the 4x4 space one lynx occupies! How lovely to meet you! My two Giants are guarding the haunted castle with their werebeast buddies. Super cool but they'd be just as awesome as a 1x1 scale IMHO. 😊

PolarDini
06-07-17, 11:01 PM
Sorry to have to ask, but where is this poll everyone is talking about?? I've never been asked to participate before.

At the top of this page. Handy!

Don't be embarrassed,... blame it on exhaustion from the shadow cat hunting. ��

cavegirl1
06-07-17, 11:02 PM

It is at the top of this thread (shows on each page)

But to see it (from SW's post): Make sure you select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.

luckylu98
06-07-17, 11:07 PM
It is at the top of this thread (shows on each page)

But to see it (from SW's post): Make sure you select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.

Thanks! That was my problem. I had an abrieviated version on my phone & it wasn't showing.

starnanou
06-07-17, 11:34 PM
Yes please! I agree that the lynx should shrink down to 1 square size!!!! Please! They are ridiculous at this size!

Disagree I like it big because
I placed mine to guard the entrance of OT house to scare the old fool away !
Very frustrated with the spawn rate!

appppppplecrumble
06-08-17, 12:40 AM
As an all-day/everyday player..
I won't be doing the poll this event as one important voice is missing: those who were able to complete the event only by use of gems.
With all the possible time I had to baby-sit the game I considered this event (as said way back in the earlier pages of forum) really lacking spawn rates!
OT spawned about every 4th day doing all the collections (not useful at all)
IH not bad but collections being twice per day was not getting you anywhere in the collection!
So.. was only left to push/speedup/gem the Mines to get something! After a couple days of play figured the event was programmed to do so, as spawning frequencies did not change. The cost was not much each time.. but times were many! My opinion after years of play.. is this was the first event planned that way.. and NOT appreciated.

Hello Moon,

i have read this forum for years seen you help so many people in such a friendly open way & i hate seeing you unhappy with the game. Prob from lurking all these years your one of the people on the board i respect the most.

which makes this next bit even harder, i disagree, if it wasn't for the sheer joy so many of my level 39-44 friends have had on reaching level 10 in something for the 1st time i wouldn't write this.

They hated the quest to btw so did i. i think this was S8's trying to address the chop a billion rocks issue. My friends couldn't compete & with the tea party they just cudnt get the dye it was impossible for them & they had to give up 1/2 way thru. This time even if they fell short & were frustrated the way this event worked they did have a chance & most played till the end either getting multiple cats or the field.

the 42% ish for the frog prince completion & the results above are about the same. maybe s8's completion target is 35-45% (dunno why) its just this time that % is made up of different people & not as level 50 biased.

Think only % that matters in the poll is how many people disliked it. This way did mean lower levels got to complete it was in some ways a fairer event for the whole community but it made us all miserable. So S8 need a third option, not this & not so much bashing or things like impossible amounts of red dye.

Sorry Moon

appppppplecrumble
06-08-17, 12:57 AM
well said!

i wish i knew how to multi quote but i don't sorry

Storiadelcastello,

the post you had replied to had been as a reply to mine but my point had been more then just level 7,8,9 was a good goal.

i hadn't meant it for level 50's used to getting level 10 event buildings.

My point had been for someone who is level 30-50 who has got a level 6 tea party and lily pond & the thingy from the little shop of horrors event then yes for them getting 8 or 9 or even some of my lower level friends have got the 10 is a good thing & i have friends very pleased who have been able to play right to the end of an event for once (felt they had a chance at completing) & have a level 8 pasture.

i'm not going to write about this anymore and i did not enjoy this quest but i can see how on some levels it worked, would a bit better spawn rate be better, yeah but lot of people got close or did finish who day 3 said they wudnt. Maybe they gemmed i dunno.

Just think the CS community has gotten so complicated now even within level 50's that S8 have a very complicated job in events to please all. Maybe storyline & more frequent beasthunts instead.

Jennerwein1
06-08-17, 02:54 AM
I am puzzled. I read that lower levels got to finish, but many, many lvl 50 (including me) did not. So, was the spawn rate different for them, or did they spend more gems? Or am I missing something? Because in my case, it did not matter that I played a lot (more than I dare admit), there was no way my pasture would get past 8. So I made three cats. They at least are cool, if kind of big. They would look good at the size of the were beasts.
At least I got some gems, which I refused to spend, because I did not like that this event was so obviously geared to make players spend gems. I don't mind paying, but just don't like being forced to. Kinda like taxes!

Scratte717
06-08-17, 03:01 AM
I am lvl50 and I managed to finish all tasks just on the last day and by buying 2 value packs of furs. Must admit - I did not use any opportunity to spawn lynx, there were days when I loged on only twice maybe. If I would have been glued to game whole periodnof time - probably I could do it without purchases, but not 100% sure if that

appppppplecrumble
06-08-17, 03:17 AM
I am puzzled. I read that lower levels got to finish, but many, many lvl 50 (including me) did not. So, was the spawn rate different for them, or did they spend more gems? Or am I missing something? Because in my case, it did not matter that I played a lot (more than I dare admit), there was no way my pasture would get past 8. So I made three cats. They at least are cool, if kind of big. They would look good at the size of the were beasts.
At least I got some gems, which I refused to spend, because I did not like that this event was so obviously geared to make players spend gems. I don't mind paying, but just don't like being forced to. Kinda like taxes!

Hi Jennerwein,

No the spawn rate was the same but as it was a rare spawn that was the same for everyone no matter the level so it wasn't an advantage to be higher level.

so everyone had the same chance of getting the pelts & same chance of getting level 10.

getting the flowers was harder for low levels & level 50's can do gem exchanges to get 'free gems' easier to get traps so it was still easier for us.

but low levels didn't struggle with having less energy sources (as energy was an issue) which with recent quests has been a problem & so was hard for them to finish them

KekeAndLittle
06-08-17, 03:48 AM
Hi Jennerwein,

No the spawn rate was the same but as it was a rare spawn that was the same for everyone no matter the level.

so everyone had a chance of getting the pelts

getting the flowers was harder for low levels & level 50's can do gem exchanges to get 'free gems' easier to get traps so it was still easier for us.

but low levels didn't struggle with having less energy sources which with recent quests has been a problem

I am only recently at level 50. Can you please exchange how, or what, is the gem exchange you mentioned that lets us get "free gems". Thanks for the help....

appppppplecrumble
06-08-17, 04:06 AM
I am only recently at level 50. Can you please exchange how, or what, is the gem exchange you mentioned that lets us get "free gems". Thanks for the help....

Hi KekeAndLittle,

By the free gems i mean in the Royal Exchange is a trade for a golden apple, 3 nuggets & 2 eggs i think (or some combination) and it gives you 5 gems. Is it 10 hours long???

Many long term players have at least 1 gold mine that drops a gold item a day or just over time you build up stock. Doing the exchange four times gives you 20 gems so enough for in a way a free trap. i did the exchange more then normal during the event so if i needed i could get traps on the last day but i didn't need them.

Though ofc the gold mines were bought for real money once upon a time so it's not free free (thou my 1 has paid for itself)

Also ofc you can get golden nuggets, eggs and apples from other places.

icydove
06-08-17, 05:11 AM
I set a timer for both the pasture/Thomas and the mines. I couldn't get enough horseshoes because I couldn't upgrade the pasture fast enough. I couldn't get enough pelts because the cats wouldn't spawn. It took 3 days to get neighbor requests because my game wouldn't sync properly, not because of my lack of good neighbors. This is the 3rd or 4th event in a row now that I could not finish either due to lack of random drops or because of game sync problems. Setting up events as impossible without spending gyms is why I quit all the other Storm8 games I played regularly. Castle Story is all that's left, and I doubt I am going to stick around much longer.

appppppplecrumble
06-08-17, 05:14 AM
i have to agree with friend request issues over last few events mine have been very odd.

Even Stormy :-(

Jennerwein1
06-08-17, 05:23 AM
Hi Jennerwein,

No the spawn rate was the same but as it was a rare spawn that was the same for everyone no matter the level.

so everyone had a chance of getting the pelts

but low levels didn't struggle with having less energy sources which with recent quests has been a problem

Hi appppppplecrumble,
I know about the resource problem for lower levels. On one hand this is not fair, on the other hand I have seen in other games, that you work up to obtain the necessary resources by leveling up and playing. That is you have to earn it. That is a part of those games and is understood. It should not be tedious or difficult to advance though.
If the spawn rate was indeed the same ( and how do we tell, S8 claim that the beast spawn rate does not change with quests, but it sure looks like it), then it boils down to the luck factor again. And that's OK, most games are part strategy, part luck.

Den8137259
06-08-17, 05:48 AM
★ I wish for a easier event, some guaranteed drops, predictable spawn n items (: ★ ty S8 ★

meme1098
06-08-17, 05:50 AM
Hi, appppppplecrumble. To multi quote, just tap the "+ icon at the bottom right of each quote. Then tap the +Reply to Thread button.

All posts you tapped should appear in the window so you can respond to each by tapping the cursor after the last quote bracket.

I was not a fan of this goal either even tho I did finish.

appppppplecrumble
Hi appppppplecrumble,
I know about the resource problem for lower levels. On one hand this is not fair, on the other hand I have seen in other games, that you work up to obtain the necessary resources by leveling up and playing. That is you have to earn it. That is a part of those games and is understood. It should not be tedious or difficult to advance though.
If the spawn rate was indeed the same ( and how do we tell, S8 claim that the beast spawn rate does not change with quests, but it sure looks like it), then it boils down to the luck factor again. And that's OK, most games are part strategy, part luck.

Yeah Jennerwein

i do agree. but i've also so enjoyed my level 41 ish mates get level 10 on a building for the first time even getting level 8 & 9 some have been chuffed bcos so many events recently have been hard for them & just one feeling of failure after another.

this has been so frustrating & the lucky/unlucky phenomena is horrible but 34% and 44% completing the quest is close to the frog prince 42% so about same finishers but different people possibly????

i think is a place for quests where the field is more equal as well as the more traditional events just can they think of a different way then rare spawns

camcohn
I am a level 50 player with a Love Shack (which means I've been playing for years) and this was the first event I needed gems to finish. I have so much decor from events I have no room in my queendom for most of it and it's all in my inventory. I'm retired so I can set timers and collect regularly during the day. I missed only 3 days during this event with real life issues needing my attention. And if I'm being honest, I did manage a collection during my nephews graduation. With less than 2 hours left I needed 150 horseshoes and 6 pelts. I was very lucky with my drop rate from the lynx when he actually showed up. Totally shocked that I wasn't able to finish without gems.

appppppplecrumble
06-08-17, 06:09 AM
Hi, appppppplecrumble. To multi quote, just tap the "+ icon at the bottom right of each quote. Then tap the +Reply to Thread button.

All posts you tapped should appear in the window so you can respond to each by tapping the cursor after the last quote bracket.

I was not a fan of this goal either even tho I did finish.

Thanks Meme,

i'll work up my bravery level & give it go next time (insert panic emoji)

crumble

Jennerwein1
06-08-17, 06:42 AM
Yeah Jennerwein

i do agree. but i've also so enjoyed my level 41 ish mates get level 10 on a building for the first time even getting level 8 & 9 some have been chuffed bcos so many events recently have been hard for them & just one feeling of failure after another.

this has been so frustrating & the lucky/unlucky phenomena is horrible but 34% and 44% completing the quest is close to the frog prince 42% so about same finishers but different people possibly????

i think is a place for quests where the field is more equal as well as the more traditional events just can they think of a different way then rare spawns
Agree appppppplecrumble
This is just the third event I have not been able to finish. All of them lately, and I have played for years. Probably because I play on an iPad and work. I do want everybody to be able to get the prize, like in Dragonstory, (except the LB's, where you still get some good prizes). In this game, if you don't finish, you have worthless decorations, for which we don't have room. That feels like a waste of time and effort.
Hoping the next event will better. And .. S8, hold off on horses for a while please.

EsmeW2
06-08-17, 07:17 AM
Yeah Jennerwein

Sorry applecrumble, but I'm struggling to see why anyone - at any level - would be happy to reach level 8 or 9 of the pasture. It's always been finish or bust for me for the past two and a half years of playing as soon as I got to a level where I could participate. And I've made heavy use of the forum to plan ahead, and pick up tips. I did manage to complete lots of events even when I was on a lower level simply by sheer persistence and being prepared to play a lot. I've failed on a few, but generally when life intervened to stop me playing so often - that's until recently when it has become impossible. I was really upset about not getting the level 10 lily pond in the frog event.

I know that from level 8 the pasture looks better than the earlier levels, but otherwise it's no more use than level 2 and it takes up a fair bit of room. I think the coin drop - which can be useful in the earlier stages of the game - is the same for all levels. And what we all wanted was to get to level 10 so we could get the noble stable.

Sorry, so many opinions here and different ways of playing. This is just me.

appppppplecrumble
06-08-17, 09:03 AM
Hi Jennerwein,

i'm not feeling brave enuf to try the multi-quote. i have to totally agree about firstly all prizes being deco, cud the pond thing not have dropped water? or the fountain? finishing the horseshoe quest gave as you so rightly said YET ANOTHER horse. When alicorns look like horses too it is all a bit equine. i think someone high up in S8 didn't get a pony as a child. Actually getting to the talking/non talking horse conclusion only really gave you another basic horse so not sure it's much better then just deco. The extra stable, hmmm to lower levels still doing expansions the milk and hides & bacon maybe? i dunno. To a high level 50 with full expansions. i don't know.

To Esme

i understand that for some people things are all or nothing. But i also do know how demoralised with level 6 tea party's & lily ponds & the my little shop of horrors some of my lower level neighbours have been. This quest they felt they had a chance to complete & if you are used to feeling forced out of the event 1/2 way through bcos you can't make the red dye playing to the end & yeah level 8 or 9 for once instead of always level 5 or 6.

For a level 50 player i can understand that possibly level 9 feels rubbish but i think this quest anyone reaching 9 & above did well. But when you are looking at level 5 & 6 time after time level 9 is a good result.

i do though agree that until recently events could be done at a much lower level. i used to have a level 20 alt i used to keep just to see if by babysitting fone i cud do the events i stopped about the time of the desert palace. i think since then all quests have got harder. :(

Andro45
06-08-17, 11:25 AM
i think someone high up in S8 didn't get a pony as a child. LOL

I do want everybody to be able to get the prize, like in Dragonstory, (except the LB's, where you still get some good prizes).I'm a high level player (146) in Dragonstory but I have yet to finish an event. Never got higher than chapter 7. Even with the help of the forum. And I refuse to use gold or gems in Castle story. I'm having better luck with Castle story.

I haven't read all this thread, because I didn't have enough time, but will give a summary of my results:

Kingdom #1: Pasture level 7 and crafted 5 lynx (total of 312 pelts gathered). I got between 1300-1400 horseshoes.
Kingdom #2: Pasture level 4 and crafted 4 lynx (total of 164 pelts gathered). I got about 650 horseshoes. And a gazillion boars...I do hope they stay for the monster hunt...I just was 1 pelt short of crafting a 5th lynx.

HuckleTown
06-08-17, 12:38 PM
Sorry applecrumble, but I'm struggling to see why anyone - at any level - would be happy to reach level 8 or 9 of the pasture. It's always been finish or bust for me for the past two and a half years of playing as soon as I got to a level where I could participate. And I've made heavy use of the forum to plan ahead, and pick up tips. I did manage to complete lots of events even when I was on a lower level simply by sheer persistence and being prepared to play a lot. I've failed on a few, but generally when life intervened to stop me playing so often - that's until recently when it has become impossible. I was really upset about not getting the level 10 lily pond in the frog event.

I know that from level 8 the pasture looks better than the earlier levels, but otherwise it's no more use than level 2 and it takes up a fair bit of room. I think the coin drop - which can be useful in the earlier stages of the game - is the same for all levels. And what we all wanted was to get to level 10 so we could get the noble stable.

Sorry, so many opinions here and different ways of playing. This is just me.

Esme, this is my opinion also. In my opinion, Reaching level 8 or 9 isnt satisfying. Most lower level players have already missed out on most of the useful event rewards (i.e. Love shack) so investing tons of time and resources only to fail isn't good enough. These events don't have to be extra hard for the lvl 50 players to be interested, they need to just require persistence and each event using different resources. There should not be a luck factor. Effort should reward.

appppppplecrumble
06-08-17, 01:32 PM
Esme, this is my opinion also. In my opinion, Reaching level 8 or 9 isnt satisfying. Most lower level players have already missed out on most of the useful event rewards (i.e. Love shack) so investing tons of time and resources only to fail isn't good enough. These events don't have to be extra hard for the lvl 50 players to be interested, they need to just require persistence and each event using different resources. There should not be a luck factor. Effort should reward.

Hi Huckletown,

i didn't totally follow all of your message, it isn't low level players who missed out on the loveshack i think i started to play in the March following that Feb. i've been playing years. Lots of level 50's don't have it? All other rewards aren't useful? since? (thou i often think you have a point) but i didn't follow investing time to fail bit bcos of it? Thou i'm not keen on alicorns, don't like flappy wings en masse.

i've been trying to think of a third option not luck not rock bashing but how do you keep level 50's with alicorn hoards interested (yes i know they have been nerfed but they are still useful or people wouldn't have them out when space is limited) & for them to 'just require persistence' ?

surely that's gotta be effected by/involve energy? or maybe clicking on a stable a hundred times??? guess that cud be level unspecific thou might cause people to say it's only been done by S8 to get gems for speeding up????

i've been trying to think of a way to keep 50's involved & challenged but yet give 40's a chance also levels 30-40. i am glad it's S8's problem. i think they tried with this way. Shame it took all fun outta game for most people.

My own conclusion in my little mind is that no1 quest can so .... STORYLINE !!!!!! (or rotate events between goal audience - which might be what they've done)

KekeAndLittle
06-08-17, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=appppppplecrumble;1426384]Hi KekeAndLittle,

By the free gems i mean in the Royal Exchange is a trade for a golden apple, 3 nuggets & 2 eggs i think (or some combination) and it gives you 5 gems. Is it 10 hours long???

Appppppplecrumble, Thanks soooo much for that explanation and help.

jessiefromshimerville
06-08-17, 03:29 PM
I was a happy level 50 in the not too distance past. When i was a lower level, I did not always reach the goal. But after achieving a level 50, I was able to make it to the end goal successfully. Not too fast and not to nail biting. There was a goldilocks time with castle story where if you muscled through and logged on frequently you made it. Now I fail event after event. I have not deleted my game yet but I think about it a lot. I feel foolish getting suckered into yet another frustrating event

spyd58
06-08-17, 07:07 PM
I am another level 50 player who has completed every event I have tried up to the last couple. I play every day and during the middle of the night when more difficult events are in progress. It is plain as many players have pointed out that money is the main motivator for S8 and what they seem to fail to understand that losing players does not make money. The story line we all came to love needs to come back and instill that excitement in playing we all used to. I did get the pasture to level 10 and crafted 1 cat but fell short around 500 horseshoes for horse. Bring back the love S8!

KekeAndLittle
06-08-17, 08:18 PM
Sorry, I know this is not the right place to post this, but....could someone please tell me where to find the link for the current new event, with crouching flygers, fang beasts, and more? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks much.

riverly
06-08-17, 08:22 PM
Sorry, I know this is not the right place to post this, but....could someone please tell me where to find the link for the current new event, with crouching flygers, fang beasts, and more? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks much.its the monster hunt. What level are you? It's for 22 and up.

cavegirl1
06-08-17, 08:44 PM
Sorry, I know this is not the right place to post this, but....could someone please tell me where to find the link for the current new event, with crouching flygers, fang beasts, and more? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks much.

Here's the link
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?99145-Castle-Story-6-8-Monster-Hunt-Season-7-*-goal-info-in-posts-1-3*

And there are a number of ways to find this, apart from using the search function :)
2 simple ones:
- It is at/near the top of the list at the moment in the discussion forum (which this thread is in as well) if you order by last post
- Or you can go to What's New / Activity Stream in the menu bar and you will be able to easily find threads that people are currently posting to, which includes the monster hunt.

CuteTali
06-08-17, 10:07 PM
I couldn't finish the event. I couldn't even finish getting the pasture to level 10. I managed to get it to level 8 by playing a LOT more than usual, really it was giving me anxiety checking the game and playing every 2 hours. It's too much, this game was supposed to help me feel more relaxed, not more stressed out. I like playing it 1-4 times a day at the most (I play a lot of other S8 games and they're all very time consuming). Trying to up my game time to every two hours made me want to delete it altogether.

starnanou
06-09-17, 07:08 AM
Hi appppppplecrumble,

Totally agree.
What is the point to lvl up if you have the same change as a higher lvl to complete a task?
When I started this game I couldn't finish the events, but I did't care couse I was hoping to finish them when I will be a higher lvl

I am lvl 50 long time ago and still don't finish them :P

Destiel0918
06-09-17, 08:14 AM
Same problem, in past I could almost always finish the events, I play really regularly, but those past events- i fail ALL of them. Can't even upgrade to the level 10. Logging in the middle of the night, speeding up with gems - and still end up short. If anything those have been so frustrating and pointless that I even deliberately IGNORE gem sale button - since I'm so mad at the game.
Hopefully they will make this things easier again - so you could make it without sweating or cutting rocks/ trees like maniac, or failing to spawn monsters, which just WON't show up...

Sweepster
06-11-17, 12:17 PM
I was a happy level 50 in the not too distance past. When i was a lower level, I did not always reach the goal. But after achieving a level 50, I was able to make it to the end goal successfully. Not too fast and not to nail biting. There was a goldilocks time with castle story where if you muscled through and logged on frequently you made it. Now I fail event after event. I have not deleted my game yet but I think about it a lot. I feel foolish getting suckered into yet another frustrating event

That's exactly how I feel. I stopped playing Farm Story because of this problem and might just do the same to Castle Story. I'm OK with Dragon Story because I never finish the tasks but I like the dragon breeding and I never spend any money. This game is getting ridiculous though, unless you spend loads of money on it, you must literally have to spend all day and night sat by your device trying to to achieve unachievable goals (& I have wasted money on it every week).

Sweepster
06-11-17, 12:21 PM
I don't know if anyone else had the same problem but even with logging in every hour or so and speeding up with gems, I was literally only getting 3 lynx a day almost every day - no fun for a long time level 50 player who has spent a fortune on this game!