PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 5/18 Community event | Judgment Gray | Noble Stable

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

topmom952
05-22-17, 03:54 PM
Ooh!! I am soooo mad! I had a lynx on the board, 1 energy left to ****, game reset, lynx and all pelts gone!!!

wamboltia
05-22-17, 04:44 PM
On a positive note, if you do slay 30 lynxes, you get the 20 gems back that need to be spent on a trap. However, I wouldn't purchase that trap until you are at 29 defeated, so you know you will complete that goal.

When you collect 50 horseshoes you win a trap, it counts towards the goal. You don't have to spend gems to buy a trap

caron7
05-22-17, 04:48 PM
When you collect 50 horseshoes you win a trap, it counts towards the goal. You don't have to spend gems to buy a trap

it did not count toward my goal, as shown in my previous post. you can see 0/1 in the picture.

kattkrazie
05-22-17, 05:07 PM
it did not count toward my goal, as shown in my previous post. you can see 0/1 in the picture.

Did you chop it before you got to that goal? Mine did count maybe because I left it in my inventory.

appppppplecrumble
05-22-17, 05:16 PM
Mine counted, but i was on that quest when it dropped.

Just to muddy the water further.

Not sure am helping

Txs for changes to first guide post SpiritWind

A thanks for keeping us all heading in vaguely the right direction

i haven't had many more but def more cats today, maybe 4 or 5 ????? lassos total going well

lennumber1
05-22-17, 05:47 PM
Is there a difference between the mine and the sparkling mine? I leveled up my sparkling mine to level 2and now it says it's a mine.

transberry
05-22-17, 05:52 PM
Finally crafted lynx

Just now got a lynx from ot and mine

First lynx in 3 days

Zummat
05-22-17, 06:02 PM
Is there a difference between the mine and the sparkling mine? I leveled up my sparkling mine to level 2and now it says it's a mine.

The sparkling mine is labeled "Mine" and the other ones are labeled "Deep Mine".

Rustybullets
05-22-17, 06:06 PM
Well I thought lvy's hut was supposed to be "guaranteed to trigger the shadow lynx." Nope.!!!!!!😡 I wonder how many times you wait hours and hours just to get nothing. You get one about every 4th hit at OT place and the same for the mine.

Zummat
05-22-17, 06:09 PM
I went ahead and crafted the lynx and if I complete the challenge ok, if not, ok. I really think it's mean that Ivy's house doesn't always give a lynx because of the wait time. The crafted lynx is one big cat.

kattkrazie
05-22-17, 06:09 PM
Well I thought lvy's hut was supposed to be "guaranteed to trigger the shadow lynx." Nope.!!!!!!�� I wonder how many times you wait hours and hours just to get nothing. You get one about every 4th hit at OT place and the same for the mine.

I don't think Ivy is supposed to be a guaranteed lynx spawn. I'm getting cats from there at about 50%.

ashanthya
05-22-17, 06:34 PM

...I know it's OT, but I don't think our British friends are caring about Shadow Lynx spawn rates right now.

My prayers with you all, and I hope you're all safe tonight.

farmerbrown2010
05-22-17, 07:23 PM
That didn't work for me - I used the trap that I won - plus I had purchased some (I wanted to craft a lynx) and now I will need to buy another one.😞

RenZenGoddess
05-22-17, 07:24 PM
I have just collected OT, BOTH Sparkling Mines and Ivy's Hut: not one single Shadow Lynx from all that. This is the second (3rd?) time I haven't gotten a Lynx from Ivy. I have only gotten 1 from collecting OT. Really, Pika, Storm8 says this is an acceptable drop rate? Although, I DO have loads of wildflowers and horseshoes! Please, S8, just a few more?🙏🏼

appppppplecrumble
05-22-17, 07:30 PM
ashanthya, Thank-you x x x

RenZenGoddess
05-22-17, 07:37 PM
If you craft the shadow lynx does he drop pelts after on a timer?

No, the pet Lynx drops coins and horseshoes-not pelts. I had thought I saw that it did-and I spent gems for it. Oh, well...Goodluck, fish63...

kattkrazie
05-22-17, 07:50 PM

...I know it's OT, but I don't think our British friends are caring about Shadow Lynx spawn rates right now.

I agree. An off topic post we can all get behind. So sad for England.

Stymie52
05-22-17, 08:27 PM
Lived in England for three years. Two children born in Wimbledon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

marykidd
05-22-17, 08:33 PM
How do you collect golden horseshoes? Is collecting from the horse pasture the only way? I didn't see anyone complain or wonder about this, so I was thinking that maybe I missed out on something!

Queenzod
05-22-17, 08:39 PM
Do we use the horse feed/stallion feed for anything or just make it?

wamboltia
05-22-17, 08:42 PM
That didn't work for me - I used the trap that I won - plus I had purchased some (I wanted to craft a lynx) and now I will need to buy another one.��
Very sorry to hear this. I had the goal to buy the trap and acquired my 50 horseshoes after that goal was available, and it counted for me and I know for others as well. The information about it is on the first page about side goals. It says it will auto complete.

Elen4070
05-22-17, 08:47 PM
Couldn't they at least make the crafted lynx drop pelts, or spawn a monster lynx too?!

Den8137259
05-22-17, 08:56 PM
★ Uncle Thomas House spawns quite a few Dire Boars, at least for my acct .. lol ★

AnisWa
05-22-17, 09:06 PM

Yes, it's pretty sad that people aren't able to attend a concert, without having a horrendous night. Prayers for England!

kattkrazie
05-22-17, 09:27 PM
Do we use the horse feed/stallion feed for anything or just make it?

You don't use it for anything, so don't make extras. :p

merlin3108
05-22-17, 10:21 PM
Well I thought lvy's hut was supposed to be "guaranteed to trigger the shadow lynx." Nope.!!!!!!😡 I wonder how many times you wait hours and hours just to get nothing. You get one about every 4th hit at OT place and the same for the mine.

Got my first Lynx from Ivy on day 4 of the event... In total I think I got 2-3 Lynx from her. So definitely not a guaranteed drop.

On an upbeat note...was able to craft my own cat yesterday and ever since then the drop rate of the other cats seems to have picked up....just hope I don't jinx it now ....

riverly
05-22-17, 10:57 PM
Old Thomas was stingy today.- 0. But the mines came through and I was able to get to L5 pasture. I figure it will take about 4 days to get to 500 horseshoes. I don't know how all this will pan out. Something's got to give somewhere. At this rate the goals seem unrealistic. Anyway on to level 6. Really the farm stable is what I'm aiming for.
And thank you Shibuya for the spreadsheet. I better pay more attention to flowers and lassos!!!

My thoughts and prayers for those in Manchester.

PurpleScorpion76
05-22-17, 11:26 PM
Well I don't know if anyone is noticing my consistently changing post on page 73 but the spawn rate is increasing by day in fact it seems to have shot up by two every couple of days so far. Yesterday I had 6. I'm starting to think this is all part of the plan and we shouldn't worry but I suppose only time will tell. I'm going to keep going and see how I get on. For those that have barely spawned a few I can understand the frustration and anger and I've lost at least 1 neighbour over this. I was starting to think all was lost, and the numbers just didn't make sense, the numbers still don't to a degree, but I'm trying to remind myself there are still 14 days on this and I'm nearly at levelling to level 5 on the horse pasture. Keep plugging away and I hope the spawning starts to work for you.

My thoughts and prayers are for those affected by the attack in Manchester. Thankfully I'm in the south of England, but have to be aware whenever I go into London. Such sad news that children are dead from this attack which should have been a fun evening for all.

GlvtenFree
05-22-17, 11:30 PM
honestly i think even if they made OT house a 100% guaranteed spawn, i dont think we would get enough pelts to fully upgrade. i mean even if we spawned the lynx there every two hours 5 times a day that is 10 hours of game play and even with its lowest drops of 3 pelts we would only be averaging 30 pelts a day, so i dont understand why s8 wont do this. its not like we will all be finishing super fast this way..

LawyerLynn
05-22-17, 11:44 PM
I have yet to spawn a lynx at OT house. I have had much better luck at the sparkling mines. I have had the same experience as other's at Ivy's house- it is not a guaranteed spawn. There is no way I will get very far. There are more important things to worry about.

Prayers to the people in Manchester and their families.

nadinana
05-23-17, 12:12 AM
What for lvl 10 need? Shadow pelts.

storiadelcastello
05-23-17, 12:23 AM
Does any one know why we need to complete the goals, eg horse feed, 10 shadow swords using 29 iron ore and 2 enchanters essence each. We don't seem to need to use the products for anything and we can upgrade the pasture with out them. Don't want to waste resources on unessassary items.

PurpleScorpion76
05-23-17, 12:24 AM
What for lvl 10 need? Shadow pelts.

I think it's 105 it's been posted but not yet on first page. Trawl through previous pages up to around 96 I think you'll find it after that page. Thinks that where I started this morning.

PurpleScorpion76
05-23-17, 12:28 AM
Does any one know why we need to complete the goals, eg horse feed, 10 shadow swords using 29 iron ore and 2 enchanters essence each. We don't seem to need to use the products for anything and we can upgrade the pasture with out them. Don't want to waste resources on unessassary items.

It'll get you the stable I think it's called at the end which can drop amongst other things Golden apples if I remember correctly. It's part of the Judgement Gray line. Last time we worked out we could get the final individual prize if we didn't fully upgrade the I think it was the lily pond. This time s8 have ensured we aim for both as they've put a good prize on finishing the upgrades too aside from a building that will probably drop coins only.

Title of thread: Noble Stable

storiadelcastello
05-23-17, 12:44 AM
It'll get you the stable I think it's called at the end which can drop amongst other things Golden apples if I remember correctly. It's part of the Judgement Gray line. Last time we worked out we could get the final individual prize if we didn't fully upgrade the I think it was the lily pond. This time s8 have ensured we aim for both as they've put a good prize on finishing the upgrades too aside from a building that will probably drop coins only.
Oops silly me I thought the stable was the final upgrade to the pasture. Thanks. Will get to making enchanted essences

HuckleTown
05-23-17, 12:48 AM
Well I don't know if anyone is noticing my consistently changing post on page 73 but the spawn rate is increasing by day in fact it seems to have shot up by two every couple of days so far. Yesterday I had 6. I'm starting to think this is all part of the plan and we shouldn't worry but I suppose only time will tell. I'm going to keep going and see how I get on. For those that have barely spawned a few I can understand the frustration and anger and I've lost at least 1 neighbour over this. I was starting to think all was lost, and the numbers just didn't make sense, the numbers still don't to a degree, but I'm trying to remind myself there are still 14 days on this and I'm nearly at levelling to level 5 on the horse pasture. Keep plugging away and I hope the spawning starts to work for you.

My thoughts and prayers are for those affected by the attack in Manchester. Thankfully I'm in the south of England, but have to be aware whenever I go into London. Such sad news that children are dead from this attack which should have been a fun evening for all.

First, thoughts and prayers with our British friends.

Purple, I'm glad your spawn rate is increasing and thanks for acknowledging those of us without this turn of events. I'm still on 2-3 every 36 hours.

Shibya, thanks for the spreadsheet, always helpful...I've got a long way to go :)

transberry
05-23-17, 01:16 AM
3 more ot collections, 4 mines no lynx

Crazy low drop rates

I've only been able to upgrade to stage 3, 23 pelts needed to stage 4

At least I get horseshoes

AnnirasSweets
05-23-17, 01:29 AM
Just woke up and got 3 Lynx from ivy and both mines! What an auspicious way to start the day, here's hoping the good fortune spreads!

PurpleScorpion76
05-23-17, 01:46 AM
First, thoughts and prayers with our British friends.

Purple, I'm glad your spawn rate is increasing and thanks for acknowledging those of us without this turn of events. I'm still on 2-3 every 36 hours.

Shibya, thanks for the spreadsheet, always helpful...I've got a long way to go :)

This is terrible, I couldn't imagine what I'd be thinking if this was what was happening in my game - tbh I'd have probably given up by now and I'm generally not someone that does that but I did do it for Naga last year and stopped at Level 9 Tea Party this year. I remember the removal of the Wedding Alicorn and the change in the Glimmer Alicorn crafting abilities and then I was just left with confusion. But as I don't pay for gems I had to try to put my feelings aside but I still felt anger for those that pay for gems.

Yes big thank you to Shibya for the figures, as always along with the gem spenders and those ahead for passing info to us. We literally couldn't do it without you on these timed events.

mayennalee
05-23-17, 02:19 AM
I just got 1 from my mines. And 1 from Ivy.

OT has stopped completely now - past 3 days.
Ivy- I only get once every day - so every 2nd collection is nothing.

The only small > < positive is that the Lynx seems to be dropping more than just a couple of pelts each time

Tamochan
05-23-17, 02:23 AM
anyone know if the CRAFTED lynx drops pelts at all? I am just about giving up on getting them as monsters at the moment, have not had one in over 24 hours....

SpiritWind00
05-23-17, 02:37 AM
no it doesn't. I'll put some big red text in page 1 :)

Den8137259
05-23-17, 02:37 AM
anyone know if the CRAFTED lynx drops pelts at all? I am just about giving up on getting them as monsters at the moment, have not had one in over 24 hours....

★ hi Tamochan, no pelts from the crafted lynx, only gives out 10 horseshoe every 8 hours n some jewels (: ★

// SW (: ty for the updates (: ★

belbar22
05-23-17, 03:00 AM
Level 7 Pasture drops 16 horseshoes

GlvtenFree
05-23-17, 03:25 AM
goal 3 reward for shadow lynx is also another 20 gems, idk how i didnt notice that!
rewards: 20 gems, 10xp, 25 pelts

edit: im curious if im the only one who wishes the crafted lynx was smaller? she looks like shes going to eat all my other kitties :0

PrincessCelestian
05-23-17, 03:31 AM
Just woke up and got 3 Lynx from ivy and both mines! What an auspicious way to start the day, here's hoping the good fortune spreads!

I also got two from the mines this morning. And so far I have only had two from the mines for the entirety of the event. Fingers crossed that it is a portent of what is to come!!

dragoniakingdom
05-23-17, 03:39 AM
Glad to see players are getting good spawns of the Lynx. I must be doing something wrong at best I get 2 a day.

Just collected from OT & both mines for 0. My total for the day so far is 1.......

janf2
05-23-17, 04:12 AM
A few days ago I posted that I got my free lynx trap (from gathering horse shoes) and I placed it beside my mines that had never spawned a lynx. After that the mines spawned lynx.

Before that I would get 1 lynx per day at 11 pm from OT or Ivy.
They now give me nothing and it's only the mines that spawn lynx.

Seems everyone's games have different things happening and not one thing works for another.
I'm just glad to get 1 lynx per day....
I created a lynx so will continue to get horse shoes and figure wherever I get to with the paddock upgrade will do.
Won't be spending any money on it.

Flowersandgems
05-23-17, 04:26 AM
Well, yesterday I was feeling quite positive as I got 4 lynxes, giving me 15 shadow pelts. My best day yet.
With growing the crops and picking flowers it felt like fun. Today I have only had one lynx, and now that I have read that we need 25 pelts per day to finish, it would cost too much in gems to continue. I was looking at what it would cost at the rate I am getting lynxes, oh dear!

appppppplecrumble
05-23-17, 05:15 AM
Dunno if this has been mentioned, i do read the forum quite thoroughly, but red trillium always drop one wild flower, at least for me, without fail.

The flower garden thou isn't a definite drop thou it needs a red trillium to make doesn't it? bcos it drops them. /shrugs

i know it's the pelts that's the issue but all other flowers are random drops & as we have couple of weeks still (ish) of the event just checking the bush thingy, red trilliums & faerie gardens might be enough for some people without energy wasting on the random drop flowers. Dunno if it's worth mentioning in first SWind message or at all about the red trills. It's at least something kinda positive to post.

i was just thinking has anybody turned their red trills into a bush & if so is it dropping wild flowers & how many & how often??????

people weren't sure about combining them at the time bcos they are a gem purchase & all ..... i would love to know, am such an anorak

Lyzau
05-23-17, 05:32 AM
I got two lynxs from the mines today. They must be in a good mood?
I still don't see how I'm ever going to make it to level 10 at this rate, but I'll stay calm and just give it a try.

cat_rider
05-23-17, 05:51 AM
I dont know if someone mentioned this before, but does the Horse Pasture look change with more upgrades, and if yes, are there any pictures of how it looks like at certain lvls?

I'm sure I wont be able to finish the event, but I was thinking about upgrading the Pasture to some lvl where it will look a bit more pretty (like lvl 5 for Tea party event). I would love to keep the Pasture itself on the board cause it gives decent 1000 coins every 2 hours (which is a lot for my lvl 31 kingdom in its growth progress) but one of the reasons of playing this game is the fun and enjoyment I get from decorating and styling the kingdom itself, and honestly, the current pasture look does not really fit into the current kingdom vision I have.

meme1098
05-23-17, 06:16 AM
I dont know if someone mentioned this before, but does the Horse Pasture look change with more upgrades, and if yes, are there any pictures of how it looks like at certain lvls?

I'm sure I wont be able to finish the event, but I was thinking about upgrading the Pasture to some lvl where it will look a bit more pretty (like lvl 5 for Tea party event). I would love to keep the Pasture itself on the board cause it gives decent 1000 coins every 2 hours (which is a lot for my lvl 31 kingdom in its growth progress) but one of the reasons of playing this game is the fun and enjoyment I get from decorating and styling the kingdom itself, and honestly, the current pasture look does not really fit into the current kingdom vision I have.

There's a link to Shibuyacloth's pics on page 1 although not complete yet.

Here's a pic of my L6 pasture:

***S8***
Here you can see how ridiculously big the lynx is in comparison to the horses.

sunnygirl634
05-23-17, 06:23 AM
i was just thinking has anybody turned their red trills into a bush & if so is it dropping wild flowers & how many & how often??????

people weren't sure about combining them at the time bcos they are a gem purchase & all ..... i would love to know, am such an anorak

The red trillium shrub dropped 1 wildflower for me. The shrub has a 20 minute timer.

appppppplecrumble
05-23-17, 06:30 AM
Oh txs sunnygirl634, stops me from wondering, the red trillium plants are dropping one each time and they are 20 minutes too, or is it 30 i forget.

Guess you are getting 3 red petals for one energy use, but even making floral glow i'm pretty much maxed on red (thou still replenishing red dye after tea party too).

Mighta been nice if the bush dropped 2 or 3 wild flowers.

Thou i know it's the pelts that matter.

riverly
05-23-17, 06:46 AM
goal 3 reward for shadow lynx is also another 20 gems, idk how i didnt notice that!

edit: im curious if im the only one who wishes the crafted lynx was smaller? she looks like shes going to eat all my other kitties :0yes, I wasn't even going to craft a lynx. Too big! But I see this is required in goal 3. So I won't gain 25 pelts. They will be consumed by crafting a cat. Hiss Hiss

This is assuming if I get to goal 3.

cat_rider
05-23-17, 07:11 AM
Thank you meme, I seem to have missed that link!

Ugh, even lvl 6 looks kinda meh, and I'm lvl 4 with really low lynx spawn rate. I crafted the lynx itself, tho I'm starting to regret it since its huge space taker and it doesnt give much other than the usual resources I already have (except of course for those golden horse shoes for the event itself).
If the lynx spawn rate were higher this would have been a really fun event since it involves lots of different things (flowers, crops, animals, buildings), but so far it only made me annoyed that I have to give up yet another event because of the ridiculously hard to achieve goals.

Nikospets
05-23-17, 09:10 AM
I am soooo mad, I finally got a lynx from OT's house and I get the box that says the game is a online game!GRRRR There were no problems with my connection until I got the lynx, it really makes me wonder! Anyone else having this issue?

ShibuyaCloth
05-23-17, 09:17 AM
Pics updated!
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98899-Castle-Story-5-18-Community-event-Judgment-Gray-Noble-Stable&p=1420466&viewfull=1#post1420466

wamboltia
05-23-17, 10:18 AM
Yesterday was a good day for pelts. My mines were spawning a lynx at every collection or every other collection. Which considering it took 3 solid days for them to start spawning lynx, maybe they are balancing out. O.T's is a dry well. I spawn a lynx at his house maybe every 12-16 collections. Ivy's hut is down to about every 3 collections. So, I'm hopeful and going to see if I can make it to the end. Best of luck to everyone else!!

Scawr
05-23-17, 10:33 AM
Prizes not appearing in storage. Is this a glitch?

scavaig
05-23-17, 10:57 AM
Nah - just not happening for me. 2-3 cats a day max. Never going to make it.

Game over. :-(

PikaSquirrel
05-23-17, 10:59 AM
Prizes not appearing in storage. Is this a glitch?

Which prize are you missing?

Amarice
05-23-17, 11:04 AM
Nah - just not happening for me. 2-3 cats a day max. Never going to make it.

Game over. :-(

In these events, you can usually get all prizes even if your building is not lvl 10. So you always reached the goal just fine as long as it was not like lvl 2 and you collect regularly from it.

ladlasse
05-23-17, 11:21 AM
Dunno if this has been mentioned, i do read the forum quite thoroughly, but red trillium always drop one wild flower, at least for me, without fail

I have not been getting a drop from the red trillium every time.

kooky panda
05-23-17, 11:33 AM
edit: im curious if im the only one who wishes the crafted lynx was smaller? she looks like shes going to eat all my other kitties :0

***S8***
Here you can see how ridiculously big the lynx is in comparison to the horses.

Hey guys, I did check on this and found out that the size is intended. It's a monster that's bigger than some other monsters and farm animals.

idrispad
05-23-17, 11:38 AM
Hey guys, I did check on this and found out that the size is intended. It's a monster that's bigger than some other monsters and farm animals.

And buildings

appppppplecrumble
05-23-17, 11:43 AM
Really ladlasse, how odd. i just checked my four red trillium again & have been doing so every well at least once if not twice an hour. i have always got one wildflower from each of my red trillium each time. They are (were i've moved them) positioned in odd place i needed to click carefully not to click on other flowers so i wud click slower so i ended up watching.

That's why i thought it ok to mention it.

Mind you i've never got above 4 pelts from a lynx yet.

i had checked it many many times before i mentioned it as well. Will keep even closer eye on it

kattkrazie
05-23-17, 11:50 AM
Really ladlasse, how odd. i just checked my four red trillium again & have been doing so every well at least once if not twice an hour. i have always got one wildflower from each of my red trillium each time. They are (were i've moved them) positioned in odd place i needed to click carefully not to click on other flowers so i wud click slower so i ended up watching.

That's why i thought it ok to mention it.

Mind you i've never got above 4 pelts from a lynx yet.

i had checked it many many times before i mentioned it as well. Will keep even closer eye on it

My red trilliums have been a definite source of wildflowers with every collection. I have 6 so I've been using them rather than other flowers that are hit or miss.

riverly
05-23-17, 11:55 AM
Hey guys, I did check on this and found out that the size is intended. It's a monster that's bigger than some other monsters and farm animals.I figured as such because I noticed that their traps contained whole hams. lol.

HuckleTown
05-23-17, 11:57 AM
Had 2 lynx 12 hours ago (I used the get 2 pelts tap something else trick for decent pelt return 5) but nothing since.

6 days in, 41 pelts...the math just won't work :(. I know I should stop but my current story goals are long term or need dire boars (which I'm also not spawning anymore) so I'll just keep tapping. Hopefully this time I can at least help the community.

appppppplecrumble
05-23-17, 12:10 PM
My red trilliums have been a definite source of wildflowers with every collection. I have 6 so I've been using them rather than other flowers that are hit or miss.

Txs Katt, i've just checked my four twice thru & got wildflower all 8 times, as only gem flower it kinda makes sense. Least i'm not going mad, madder.

(first time trying the quote thing apologies if i crash the forum)

Andro45
05-23-17, 12:21 PM

Hehe, she is as big as a house ;) Well, proportions are all way off in this game. I hope to be able to do that goal, 20 gems will come in handy, but I'm not counting on it, 30 lynx seem a bit too much.

In my second kingdom it is boar season. I had 1 boar pelt during the previous event (and hardly any boars), now I am maxed out. I get boar after boar, it gets kinda boaring.:cool: Ivy's, Old Thomas, each mine, ponds, boars, boars everywhere.
The shadow lynx is practically extinct. I collected a grand total of 26 pelts :rolleyes:

I did a little better in my first kingdom, I managed to craft a giant lynx. In both kingdoms my pasture is level 3.

I am not really complaining, just stating facts. I already decided at the beginning I was not going to stress about this event. I was still happy from the previous event, though I did not get more than 2 (and 4) gems from the steed. I agree with others: It looks like it is a disguised dragon :D

kattkrazie
05-23-17, 12:35 PM
Txs Katt, i've just checked my four twice thru & got wildflower all 8 times, as only gem flower it kinda makes sense. Least i'm not going mad, madder.

(first time trying the quote thing apologies if i crash the forum)

All of the gem flowers will get you 12 wildflowers every 4 hrs. Multi-color hedge drops 12 every 4 hrs., faerie flowerbush drops 6 every 2 hrs. which is 12 in 4 hrs. and red trillium drops 1 every 20 min. which is also 12 wildflowers in 4 hrs.

I've used the other common flowers to get specific colored petals for upgrades, but count on my gem flowers for the wildflowers.

appppppplecrumble
05-23-17, 12:41 PM
All of the gem flowers will get you 12 wildflowers every 4 hrs. Multi-color hedge drops 12 every 4 hrs., faerie flowerbush drops 6 every 2 hrs. which is 12 in 4 hrs. and red trillium drops 1 every 20 min. which is also 12 wildflowers in 4 hrs.

I've used the other common flowers to get specific colored petals for upgrades, but count on my gem flowers for the wildflowers.

Oh i hadn't noticed that, done all the maths involved. i like it when things follow a pattern thou and fit together.

i'm showing off doing another quote now i worked out (the very easy trick how i know i know ) small things entertain small minds :D

ShibuyaCloth
05-23-17, 02:07 PM
Made the math.

Assumptions:
Lynx Spawn: 5
Pelt Drop: 5
# Harvest: 8

That would mean:

Level Wild FlowersShadow PeltLassoUpgradeHorseshoes #
#1:00000
#2:2501000
#3:501515116
#4:752525232
#5:1003550348
#6:15045755144
#7:200601008288
#8:2507012510256
#9:3009017514640
#10:375105250181280
Total15254458252704
Collector1526446826

Conclusion:
1) You can level your pasture to L10
2) You can get the grand prize

The problem here is the spawn rate and drop rate. By my current experience it is too ambitious.
Scenario 1: Drop rate is 4, then the spawn rate must increase to 6
Scenario 2: Spawn rate is 6, then we can live with an average drop rate of 4

All in all, the spawn rate is the determining factor for this event. So far below expectations, except today as I reached 6 spawns :)!!! But a low pelt drop :( <4

Possible Spawn-Drop pairs:
4-6
5-5
6-4

kendysek
05-23-17, 02:08 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I've crafted two shadow lynxes while having pasture only level 4.
And I'm asking myself - Can I still make it to level 10? :rolleyes:

ethan1brothers
05-23-17, 02:16 PM
on the last shadow cat goal does it matter if you all ready have prime cuts and the beams ? or do you have to collect them ?

PrincessCupOButter
05-23-17, 02:52 PM
on the last shadow cat goal does it matter if you all ready have prime cuts and the beams ? or do you have to collect them ?

The ones you have in inventory count.

Den8137259
05-23-17, 04:01 PM
// no sightings of cats, as of now .. please save your clicks lol ★

vickyville14
05-23-17, 05:28 PM
Sooooo, I need help deciding what to do first.
1) leveling up the horse pasture from 4 to 5
OR
2) making a shadow lynx

Which do you think? I am having the same struggles as everyone else. I am on the game 4-6 times everyday.
So far I have:
66 pelts (40 spent to get lvl 4 pasture + 26 remaining pelts)
1129 wildflowers (I have 4 multicolor hedges & a faerie flowerbed)
349 lassos

How are you doing?

zarac18
05-23-17, 05:55 PM
OR
2) making a shadow lynx

Which do you think? I am having the same struggles as everyone else. I am on the game 4-6 times everyday.
So far I have:
349 lassos

How are you doing?

That will depend on what you wanted most.
For me, I am working towards owning Gray and Lynx. Though I am able play most of the time, but I doubt I am able to have the Pasture at Level 10.
Moreover, Pasture requires 5 Golden nuggets for Level 10 upgrade and I am not willing to part my previous nuggets.

freddy1343
05-23-17, 05:58 PM
Thank you meme, I seem to have missed that link!

Ugh, even lvl 6 looks kinda meh, and I'm lvl 4 with really low lynx spawn rate. I crafted the lynx itself, tho I'm starting to regret it since its huge space taker and it doesnt give much other than the usual resources I already have (except of course for those golden horse shoes for the event itself).
If the lynx spawn rate were higher this would have been a really fun event since it involves lots of different things (flowers, crops, animals, buildings), but so far it only made me annoyed that I have to give up yet another event because of the ridiculously hard to achieve goals.

Agree with you, Cat. Thought this was a really fun event, with all the variety, until the abysmal drop rate of the lynx. Does someone think people spend more money if they are being coerced into purchases than if they spend because they are having fun? Ever been in a casino? Just sayin'

atidybear
05-23-17, 07:05 PM
I have not received any shadow lynx from anywhere since I crafted a "real lynx". Not old Thomas house, not Ivy's House nor the golden mine. Anyone else having this problem? Thank you.
Will not invest any more real money in this game.

ktorewqas
05-23-17, 07:20 PM
Made the math.

Assumptions:

That would mean:

Total15254458252704
Collector1526446826

Conclusion:

The problem here is the spawn rate and drop rate. By my current experience it is too ambitious.

All in all, the spawn rate is the determining factor for this event. So far below expectations, except today as I reached 6 spawns :)!!! But a low pelt drop :( <4

4-6
5-5
6-4
Sometimes, I only get 2 pelts from a lynx :(
I think I might get 300 or a little bit more pelts during the whole event and I crafted 2 lynx :o so it's obviously I will not be able to get pasture to lvl 10. Good luck to everyone else trying to work on the pasture :)

AnnirasSweets
05-23-17, 07:31 PM
I have not received any shadow lynx from anywhere since I crafted a "real lynx". Not old Thomas house, not Ivy's House nor the golden mine. Anyone else having this problem? Thank you.
Will not invest any more real money in this game.

I've crafted 2 Lynx and haven't noticed any problems with my spawning. It was never great but the only building that's not spawning is OT and it looks like everyone is having trouble with that old geezer. I'm sure it'll pick up in a bit, it seems spawning comes in fits and spurts especially this time around. I just keep on tapping and saying a little prayer to the Lynx each time, lol.

Zummat
05-23-17, 08:04 PM
OT gave me a dire bore. 😡 Got 1 lynx from mine and 0 from Ivy. I don't know if I can get more bored with this challenge.

karak71
05-23-17, 08:15 PM
OR
2) making a shadow lynx

So far I have:
349 lassos

How are you doing?

Hey! I'm sort of right where you are. I'm just going ahead and crafting the lynx. I just figured it couldn't hurt. What did you end up doing?

ladlasse
05-23-17, 08:41 PM

All day today, it has been dropping a wildflower with each collection, but I could have sworn the first few days I didn't get one every time. I had been watching because I wanted to confirm which flowers were dropping. I know people thought the shrubs weren't dropping wild flowers, but they were. I'll keep watching my red trillium.

vickyville14
05-23-17, 08:45 PM
Hey! I'm sort of right where you are. I'm just going ahead and crafting the lynx. I just figured it couldn't hurt. What did you end up doing?

Just checking in again before I decide. I think we have to make a linx sometime during the event anyway. Hmmmmm, dn't know yet, but I'll let you know!

littelprincess0313
05-23-17, 10:49 PM
Just wanted to sum up my last 2 days. Im really happy here and finally enjoying this event: a cat nearly every mine and ivy collection - I dont know what happend. Im close to lv 5 now. But OT is a bust. I think I had only one cat since the event started but as I dont need him, he can keep his cats ;)
Really sorry for those still with poor spawn rares :(

Gaillock
05-23-17, 10:50 PM
I just got 7 pelts & 1 energy from lynx at Ivy's house! I hope this continues tomorrow! Maybe it's true drops improve the further in the game we go. I'm at L7 with 15 days to go. I'll keep you posted.

ShibuyaCloth
05-23-17, 10:54 PM
Refined the math:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98899-Castle-Story-5-18-Community-event-Judgment-Gray-Noble-Stable&p=1420466&viewfull=1#post1420466

starnanou
05-23-17, 11:40 PM
Good morning to you all.
Today's collection 1 from Mines.
0 from OT and Ivy, a couple of days now.
I think, they have send away the Cats themselves. LOL
So I find occasionally a Cat at the Mines

My opinion is that S8 increase the drop rate at Mines and decreased in the OT and Ivy

transberry
05-23-17, 11:42 PM
2 lynx out of 8 collections today

112 horseshoes

Definitely not increasing for me

Zirilka
05-23-17, 11:44 PM
Made the math.

Assumptions:

That would mean:

Total15254458252704
Collector1526446826

Conclusion:

4-6
5-5
6-4

Refined the math:

Your math is great, but I have similar issue that has been raised before: my spawn rate is OK, but the pelt drop rate is not so with 2 pelts per lynx being quite frequent. That said, I am halfway through L6 upgrade so I should make it to the stable I guess.

PurpleScorpion76
05-24-17, 12:33 AM
In these events, you can usually get all prizes even if your building is not lvl 10. So you always reached the goal just fine as long as it was not like lvl 2 and you collect regularly from it.

On this occasion you have to decide what is most important, the Noble Stable can only be reached by upgrading HO to level 10, but many prizes are still available just by collecting horseshoes. I suppose you need to decide on what you want. Last time, with the Tea Party, I didn't care about fully upgrading the Tea Party, but I wanted the Spring Peacock. This time I want the Noble Stable so I'm leaving getting the lynx til last least that's my current plan.

kattkrazie
05-24-17, 01:46 AM
Level 10 horse pasture drops 30 horseshoes.

Judgement Gray's first drop was 6 lassos and horsehair.

(SW, I see you had the level 10 hs, but not Level 9. Level 9 dropped 25 hs.)

zarac18
05-24-17, 02:07 AM
OMG!!!!!
My wedding Alicorn has just given me 100 Energy!!!
What a surprise!!!

adekil40
05-24-17, 02:46 AM
OMG!!!!!
My wedding Alicorn has just given me 100 Energy!!!
What a surprise!!!

It did that for me in the last event first time in god knows how many years of having it, though I may not see 100 energy again, was a nice surprise though!

xhuxhmaxhuxh
05-24-17, 03:43 AM
The lack of lynxes is really obnoxious. Haven't had fun in a challenge in ages, and at first I thought this one would be better finally... but NOPE.

cavegirl1
05-24-17, 03:45 AM
Made the math.

Assumptions:

That would mean:

Level
Wild Flowers
Shadow Pelt
Lasso
Upgrade
Horseshoes #

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

#7:

#8:

#9:

#10:

Total

Collector

Looking at this I'm not quite on track at this stage. Was not looking too bad yesterday as spawn rates had been a lot better for a couple of days. But pelts drops today have been very poor. My last Lynx gave me 6 (yay!) but that only brought me to 15 pelts for the whole day as previous had been 2, 2, 2 and 3. Need 30 more to get level 6.

Am hoping today was a temporary backward step.

(Oh and like for others, OT has turned into the worst for giving me lynxes. Maybe he's in hiding from a shouting horse!)

zarac18
05-24-17, 04:01 AM
It did that for me in the last event first time in god knows how many years of having it, though I may not see 100 energy again, was a nice surprise though!

And it comes in handy for harvesting of carrots, wheats and corns
Wish I can still hold on to the 100 energy.

Stymie52
05-24-17, 04:03 AM
Yesterday was a dreadful day for spawning lynxes. Old Thomas is so addled by the talking horse that he can do nothing else but walk around in a fog. This morning I got 2 lynxes already, so hopefully it will be a better day. My lynxes also seem to be dropping less pelts. Before I could get 5 pelts from a Lynx. Now I notice that I am getting only 2 or 3.

On a side note, I got a value pack which offers the Dark Knight Steed, 5 Dark Wisp Lilies, and 100 energy. Hope everyone got it as many seem interested in having both the dark and light steeds.

Stymie52
05-24-17, 04:18 AM
All day today, it has been dropping a wildflower with each collection, but I could have sworn the first few days I didn't get one every time. I had been watching because I wanted to confirm which flowers were dropping. I know people thought the shrubs weren't dropping wild flowers, but they were. I'll keep watching my red trillium.

The red trillium definitely do drop a wildflower each collection. The white trillium drop a wildflower very consistently (most often 3 out of the 4 that I have), but not every time.

Den8137259
05-24-17, 04:45 AM
★ spawned a lynx for one sparkling mine, received 4 pelts ..
Zero for the other mine. And I gave up on Uncle Thomas ★

idrispad
05-24-17, 04:47 AM
I'm on the L6 pasture, have crafted my lynx (although I wish I hadn't as he is far too big and will be going into storage. Shame as I really liked it). I just can't see how I am going to get to L10 on the current spawn rate. It has to be impossible without gems. I have 19 out of the 60 pelts needed to get to L7 and that is about 24 hours worth of collecting, possibly more.

I think I'm one of the luckier ones with spawn rates too - they are dire but at least they are happening. I now seem to be getting one per 2 mines at each collection and on at Ivy. Old Thomas has turned rarer than rare whereas he was spawning them fairly regularly until yesterday.

Flowersandgems
05-24-17, 06:32 AM
Yay! I spawned a lynx from Thomas' House. He also gave me 5 pelts. That makes 5 cats today, with..... drumroll.... 16 pelts. I just love to play, can't help myself. Will see how far I get. My pasture is at level 5, long way to go. Should have crafted a lynx, but haven't yet. Soldier on!

kendysek
05-24-17, 07:09 AM
I've got silver, creep tooth and jewel from crafted shadow lynx.

nateryd
05-24-17, 07:13 AM
I don't know what to do... It seems I'm very far behind! Most ppl are already at least at level 6 and they have a Lynx crafted. I haven't crafted the Lynx yet. And I'm nowhere near level 6. I feel like I must have the unluckiest kingdom for spawn rates and then for pelt drops! I seem to only get 2 pelts on the very rare occasion that a Lynx does spawn... What am I doing wrong?? Should I force close my game? HELP!!

mrootje
05-24-17, 07:38 AM
I don't know what to do... It seems I'm very far behind! Most ppl are already at least at level 6 and they have a Lynx crafted. I haven't crafted the Lynx yet. And I'm nowhere near level 6. I feel like I must have the unluckiest kingdom for spawn rates and then for pelt drops! I seem to only get 2 pelts on the very rare occasion that a Lynx does spawn... What am I doing wrong?? Should I force close my game? HELP!!

Doing nothing wrong I think. Or I am also :-). Level 4 now, far from 6!

Den8137259
05-24-17, 07:52 AM
★ just tapped on ivy, lynx's found n dropped 6 pelts (:

AnnirasSweets
05-24-17, 07:56 AM
All I can think is thank goodness my mines are spawning so well now. It really balances out OT being a Scrooge about it, I think. With the drops I'm accruing I should be able to upgrade to level 8 within the next 8 hours. I'm torn because I think if I rush to complete it I won't have anything to do for the last week but at the same time I'm equally worried I won't make it in time, lol.

Stymie52
05-24-17, 07:59 AM
We none of us are doing anything wrong. The spawning of the Lynx and the drop rates for the pelts are very random. For some of us the drops are very low. I have used a few gems already.
I am trying to upgrade the pasture to level 10 first. I feel that the Lynx is so big and out of proportion to everything else that I also would probably put it into storage.
All in all though, I am finding that this event is much more enjoyable than some of the past events. It is not as tedious as other events with the endless chopping of rocks and trees. The drop rates are very low at times, but there is still plenty of time. This forum always encourages me to keep plodding along. Hang in there everybody!

farmgirl8888
05-24-17, 08:13 AM
I know what you mean. I feel the same way with each new event. The suspense is ****ing me. But, I think that's part of what makes the game fun and challenging enough to keep me coming back, even after some major disappointments. I'm hooked . . . what can I say.

Sorry meant to reply to with quote this is in response to Annirassweets

Den8137259
05-24-17, 08:28 AM
★ interesting to note we have not used much energies for this event, cos there're not much things that we are supposed to tap in order to advance ★

★ lynx spawn rate is Low or very Low, so that by itself saves 10 energies (:

★ awesome event, if you think this way (: ★ lol

riverly
05-24-17, 08:38 AM
Just made L6. Again with no help whatsoever from OT. What's up with that guy?
Now getting 12 horseshoes each collection, but it will still be a while before I get to 500 and qualify for community prizes.
Onward with L7.
Really curious how all this comes out. (Even though the random spawns gets irritating)

Zummat
05-24-17, 09:07 AM
I'm beginning to hate OT. Knocked on his door for help and what do I get, another dire bore. That's two in a row he's given me. Need 8 more pelts to get my pasture up to level 6. Yes, I could have already leveled up but I went ahead and crafted the lynx. I like him. He's the biggest of all the creatures. Since I don't try to display everything I have in inventory at the same time I'll keep him around for awhile. I try to rotate decorations and buildings in my kingdom.

I don't see how you can get up to level 10 without using gems or buying a value pack. I am concentrating on the community event. If a miracle happens I might get the stable. Good luck everyone!

appppppplecrumble
05-24-17, 09:18 AM

Hi Ladlasse, mine still have always dropped and are dropping i'm sure if it & Katt did a brilliant post explaining why (think forums safest if i don't try multi quoting just yet :D )

Nikospets
05-24-17, 09:30 AM
Doing nothing wrong I think. Or I am also :-). Level 4 now, far from 6!

I agree you're doing nothing wrong, the spawn rate is very low for me also and I am only on level 4. I will keep plugging along and what ever happens, happens! There are more important things going on and I'm stressed enough, I refuse to let this game get to me. Hopefully something will change and the spawn rate will increase. Good luck to everyone!

appppppplecrumble
05-24-17, 09:37 AM
hi nateryd,

i'm trying to explain/ask my mates on my wall (but making a codswollop of it) but you know 'normally' when fighting you hope/try to fight & use least amount of energy possible? with the lynx do we need to not do this, bcos longer the fight (more hits) more chance to get pelts or do we think the amount of pelts each lynx is going to drop is already set as it spawns. i know we can't know i meant by people's experience.

i also have been doing terrible on pelts dropped per lynx. Thou today (& its 17:26 here) i have only had 1 lynx since midnight so been hard to tell. Am sure cat occurances are on increase thou.

sorry if this is muddled cough -> chest infection making me a bear of very little brain. Thou thanks to coughing & insomnia i'm checking game 2/3 hourly 24/7 as my 3791 lassos total (i'm making up my own mini games :D )

coolssp
05-24-17, 09:37 AM
Hey really good to see many players experiencing increased spawn rate :) Unfortunately, I'm not one of those :( Infact, I'm getting only 2-3 per day and last three visits to Ivy didn't spawn any lynxes, none from OT since the start of the event!!!

I'm just curious to see how far can I go without spending gems.

Thanks to Katt and Shibuya for their fantastic work in helping all of us .

ladlasse
05-24-17, 09:51 AM
My opinion is that S8 increase the drop rate at Mines and decreased in the OT and Ivy

I agree with this. I was just going to post the same thing. I've only had 1 or 2 Lynx from OT from the beginning. Ivy is hit or miss. Just collected and no Lynx from her either. I think she and Old Thomas went on vacation.

Mines are better, but still not great spawn rates from them either. I finally got to level 5 this morning. Hopefully I'll get the 500 soon so I can join the community.

jesslau9
05-24-17, 09:53 AM
hi nateryd,

i'm trying to explain/ask my mates on my wall (but making a codswollop of it) but you know 'normally' when fighting you hope/try to fight & use least amount of energy possible? with the lynx do we need to not do this, bcos longer the fight (more hits) more chance to get pelts or do we think the amount of pelts each lynx is going to drop is already set as it spawns. i know we can't know i meant by people's experience.

i also have been doing terrible on pelts dropped per lynx. Thou today (& its 17:26 here) i have only had 1 lynx since midnight so been hard to tell. Am sure cat occurances are on increase thou.

sorry if this is muddled cough -> chest infection making me a bear of very little brain. Thou thanks to coughing & insomnia i'm checking game 2/3 hourly 24/7 as my 3791 lassos total (i'm making up my own mini games :D )

Yes i like having more hits at the lynx for more pelts. Personally i will hit it 3 times and get 2 pelts.
Then move off to collect some flowers etc and return to finish the lynx. I find it gives me average of 4 per lynx

jesslau9
05-24-17, 09:54 AM
My ivy's is at 100% with spawning a lynx

appppppplecrumble
05-24-17, 10:10 AM
i dunno if i have ever noticed that having a break & doing somet else within a fight helps & i am last person to believe i have found a trick etc. This is where i'm struggling to explain myself on my wall. Sorry. Playing for 3-4 years & last thing i am saying is this is a fact or something like the one click spawn trick. More a hypothesis (at a push) BUT, here goes.... this is what i kinda thought happens anyway

Is three options per hit left, right, middle & you get options of 2 hit points, getting energy back or 1 hit point. Dunno if others don't think so. In my experience & only that it has seemed that if i get a 'good result' energy back or two hit points then that option (be it left, right or middle) normally the next time doesn't give a 'good' option. Normally you want fight over in least number of energy hits as possible but do we with the lynx? Norm if i get 'good option' i change to one of the other hit types.

maybe i'm totally wrong with the good option not being followed by another, i haven't really really studied it. Maybe i shudnt have mentioned it here as thou i don't think it's me seeing patterns that aren't there & certainly am not superstitious. My apologies all if this makes no sense or if people think it's not right.

i will be first to put hand up & say if it's wrong & tbh scientifically speaking it probably is coded that each hit has chance to be anything, maybe ..... i dunno.

Please feel free to ignore my rambling sorry. Antibiotics plus cough medicine turning my brain to porridge.

wamboltia
05-24-17, 10:11 AM
Been a sad day for cats in my kingdom. I see people finishing this event or really close to finishing cause I am receiving brush request from neighbors and I'm fighting tooth and nail to reach lvl 5. I play at least every two hours (which is a bit pathetic). I don't know... guess we'll see how far this goes. Maybe spawn rate will jump back up soon

HuckleTown
05-24-17, 10:18 AM

I am also on level 4. I had 3 lynx today but only 2-3 pelts per lynx. The rest of my energy is going toward flowers right now because I don't have the gem flowers and bushes.

I won't spend gems ...hit 2 gem traps tapping flowers. So frustrating.

appppppplecrumble
05-24-17, 10:26 AM
i was wondering (as nowhere near myself) is the community count thingy about where it normally is at this point?

most of my friends have opted out & so many people struggling.

i will continue to plod along.

ladyperidot
05-24-17, 10:35 AM
Hey really good to see many players experiencing increased spawn rate :) Unfortunately, I'm not one of those :( Infact, I'm getting only 2-3 per day and last three visits to Ivy didn't spawn any lynxes, none from OT since the start of the event!!!

I'm just curious to see how far can I go without spending gems.

Thanks to Katt and Shibuya for their fantastic work in helping all of us .

I think my queendom must be related to yours! I have not noticed an increase in cats, but the reverse..nothing from Ivy this am. She was good for a cat each time, maybe she went on vacation and didn't leave any food out.

I'm on level 4 and have the lynx but I think I'll still be lucky to get to 500 to get the community prizes

starnanou
05-24-17, 10:38 AM

You are not alone!

AnnirasSweets
05-24-17, 10:39 AM
i was wondering (as nowhere near myself) is the community count thingy about where it normally is at this point?

most of my friends have opted out & so many people struggling.

i will continue to plod along.

As of right now, the first community prize is at 89%, whether that's above or below average? I have no idea. I'm just realizing I haven't paid much (any) attention to them before now. It'll be interesting to see how it goes though.

karak71
05-24-17, 10:41 AM
I'm still at level 4 myself. Not making so much progress. I feel like Dory. Just keep swimming .....

starnanou
05-24-17, 10:58 AM
I'm positive, by now, Old Thomas **** all the Cats by himself...
Just check again today 4th time no Cats at his place...

wamboltia
05-24-17, 11:05 AM

LOL!! It has been 36hrs now since O.T spawned a cat for me and the last one that did spawn from there only dropped 2 pelts. I'm getting pretty sick of O.T and Ivy better start shaping up as well with her ridiculous 12hr timer

ktorewqas
05-24-17, 11:08 AM
Lol

I got 4 lynx spawned today <- good
I got 13 pelts today <- definately not good

AnnirasSweets
05-24-17, 11:14 AM
I just figured Old Thomas got sick of the cats hanging around his garden so he put out some moth balls to keep them away and the poor lynx had no choice but to retreat to the mines to hide out from the mean old man.

nateryd
05-24-17, 11:25 AM
I'm still at level 4 myself. Not making so much progress. I feel like Dory. Just keep swimming .....

LOL!!!!! Thanks for laugh! I'm with you feeling like Dory, I'll just keep swimming ;)

riverly
05-24-17, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the laughs you guys. Funny!
Old Thomas and Ivy better come through for us.

huntiw396
05-24-17, 11:59 AM
I need 306 pests to complete to level 10. I have 15 days to do it. I get 3 o 5 pelts per lynx, i need between 5 and 7 lynx's per day. I have been getting at least 5 or 6 a day. Good event very doable. Heck of a lot better than chopping trees and rocks. Good job guys.

ladyperidot
05-24-17, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the laughs you guys. Funny!
Old Thomas and Ivy better come through for us.

I think they've gone to the beach!

newzealander
05-24-17, 12:50 PM
I totally agree, but we need to let Pika, who said the drop rate was fine and there is no problem with the coding, know that the cats are not droppng, if everyone posts when they spawn the very rare cat it defeats the purpose, we need in this instance to drive home to Pika that the cats just arent spawning and it is ruining the game, I havent had one today, well I almost had one, and I have never had one from the mine, which Pika told us to build multiples of, I have two and I call that a pair, so I and Princesscupobutter tried to build multiple mine and you cant, so we believe there is a mistake and they need to relook at the situation, they need to realise there is a lack of spawn and the clock is ticking. We are reacting to a post from Pika who said just before the office closed for the weekend that there was nothing wrong with the spawn rate, we need them on Monday morning to realise there actually might be soemthing wrong, so until then please post your results. Hopefully with a sheer weight of numbers Pika will have to concede that there is a problem, and do something about so just bear with it for a few days : )
Totally agree. We have to present here on the forum as honestly as we can so the true picture is known. Yes, that means posting if you're having a good success with spawning (hardly likely in this event), but also showing the weight of numbers that are not getting enough to even get CLOSE to the end. Then there is a chance that someone at S8 will actually realise that this event is unacheivable for most and maybe do something about it.

so....that said....add me to the pool of non-spawners. I have had two in the last 24 hours with regular collections from mines, Old Thomas and Ivy. I have worked out that I will probably not get past level 6 if the current drop rate continues for me.

catlover1959
05-24-17, 01:00 PM
I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I got a Shadow Lynx trap from the "Search the Ancient Vault" quest. Pleasant surprise!

pikachu73
05-24-17, 01:15 PM
Lynx spawns have been extremely low for me. Hardly getting any at all from Old Thomas's house - 2 or 3 at most in total since the event started. Means I've only been getting 2 a day from Ivy's Hut and therefore making very very slow progress and unlikely to complete at this rate
I got my first ever fro a mine just now

HuckleTown
05-24-17, 01:18 PM
the Skunkupine Army has taken control of my queendom. They are jumping out of every building, bush, well, crop and farm animal. They have succeeded in scaring off the cats on steroids (too big lynx).

Seriously, I spawn 5-8 skunupine every 40 energy.

mayennalee
05-24-17, 01:57 PM
I only play twice a day due to work.
This morning I got 1 Cat from OTs house. That is only the 2nd time for me that I have had a spawn from OTs house and the clock says 15days left. Thats a pretty poor algorithm.

My 2 mines which have consistently spawned at least 1 cat per collection (so at least twice a day) gave me nothing, neither did Ivy.

Cant see any consistency there.

I have basically given up on upgrading the pasture. I think I will concentrate on the Community prize and just go about my normal play.

The only gems I spent on this game were 4 traps and all that did was get me the big cat.

PurpleScorpion76
05-24-17, 02:00 PM
I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I got a Shadow Lynx trap from the "Search the Ancient Vault" quest. Pleasant surprise!
Wow! I'll do those tomorrow then!

Clark_Wayne
05-24-17, 02:25 PM
@SW : for the side goal #3 in post#4 you get 20 gems too ;)

appppppplecrumble
05-24-17, 02:45 PM
just had a thought this isn't a new trend of animals being bigger is it?

with space at a premium how many will keep a pet out that possibly won't drop much different to other cats post event & takes up 4 times the space? or will it drop four times as much? Not taking apart aesthetics or size comparisons with other things.

i have not heard/read as many people after 2 as did with the teethy brown bear or wanting both steads.

or ofc you could always give us more space /flutters eye lashes.

wamboltia
05-24-17, 02:50 PM

Good information to know! Wish I had known it sooner.

Stymie52
05-24-17, 03:00 PM
So far today, only 3 Shadow Lynxes. After criticizing Old Thomas, he finally gave me a Lynx. It is very slow going.

barbarix
05-24-17, 03:18 PM
So far today, only 3 Shadow Lynxes. After criticizing Old Thomas, he finally gave me a Lynx. It is very slow going.

none from Thomas in the last three days...mine is best but also only once a day... ivy has done it, but not today.... undoable without many gem bought lynx traps I think... sad... I would buy lets say 250 gems, may ne even twice if I thought I was getting close, but with theserates it is not calculable fo me and I cannot justify to buy more for an online game.....

confuzzled88
05-24-17, 03:20 PM
How come i stopped spawning lynx only get boars even from old thomas house?

Zirilka
05-24-17, 03:58 PM

Same here. I think Old Thomas hijacked all the cats and keeps them for ransom. Or is in a dire need for some felinotherapy.

Den8137259
05-24-17, 04:53 PM
★ one lynx from a mine, 4 pelts ★

Clark_Wayne
05-24-17, 04:56 PM
no more lynx from OT . they all moved in the mine ! got many of them in the mine now :)

EsmeW2
05-24-17, 05:09 PM
I thought I'd better join in to what has already been said and post about how useless OT is in this event. Monsters from his house are extremely rare. I was excited to see one spawn there earlier today, only to realise it was a boar not a lynx. Useless. And then I generated a lynx from a mine only to see the game freeze and back up to before the collection. No Lynx when clicked again.

OT! Pay attention! Stop gossiping with that horse and start helping out! You are holding things up. (Maybe posting this will somehow magically help, as nothing else has...)

wamboltia
05-24-17, 05:18 PM
Can't speak for anyone else but I've been having pretty decent luck finding wildflowers in just the plain ole bushes, they are way more reliable than the blue flowers and the rocket larkspur and about dead even or a little better than white trillium

ktorewqas
05-24-17, 05:19 PM
Sir daisy drops petals :cool: when did that happen? I have a neighbor told me so I tried it out and got red petals :D

FlowerBurst
05-24-17, 05:35 PM

Happened to me today too! Three dire boars in a row--my two mines and OT!

gracelinda
05-24-17, 05:43 PM
The drop rates for the shadow lynx are decreasing while the amount needed to upgrade increases. This quest is the most disappointing one ever. What is the logic in having quests that anger the players? Harvested today Thomas, Ivy and 2 level 6 mines and got zero lynx. Really takes the fun out of this game. Considering on just using the pelts to craft a lynx.

Zummat
05-24-17, 06:40 PM

I got 8 hours left hunting for roaming bandits so I will try tomorrow. I wonder if the quest would work with the Haunted Keep or the Barracks. If nothing is posted to the contrary I'll give those a try tomorrow night.

meme1098
05-24-17, 06:48 PM
Sir daisy drops petals :cool: when did that happen? I have a neighbor told me so I tried it out and got red petals :D

I went to go check mine & got a purple petal...lol. Petals are new for me.

hkcorrigan
05-24-17, 08:21 PM
In the last few days, I've only had 2-3 cats spawn. Today has only been one, and that was from Ivy this morning (no lynx this evening). And definitely paid attention today to the drop rate of pelts... a whopping 2 pelts. I did get a few boars. I can only play once in the morning and twice in the evening as I do work and can't access the game during the day. I will admit I miss the days I could play with that frequency (and less alicorns) and always finish the events. I'll keep plodding away, but my enjoyment has definitely diminished. I truly wish the spawn rate were increased. Keeping fingers crossed.

DarthDebater
05-24-17, 08:54 PM
It may just be me, but are the drop rates improving a bit? This quest is too much...:p

newzealander
05-24-17, 09:06 PM
Had a wee giggle when I opened my inventory just then.....I may not have many shadow pelts (I have 19) but....

Pretty impressive!! Just a tad out of balance, perhaps?!

PrincessCupOButter
05-24-17, 09:19 PM

I went to go check mine & got a purple petal...lol. Petals are new for me.

Saw the posts and that's news to me too! So I checked him and got an orange petal.

HuckleTown
05-24-17, 09:20 PM
It may just be me, but are the drop rates improving a bit? This quest is too much...:p

I think it's just you;)

DarthDebater
05-24-17, 09:32 PM
Not sure if this actually helps at all, but try spreading out potential Lynx triggers throughout collections. So maybe try collecting from OT, other random things, THEN Mine. Worth a shot. :)

newzealander
05-24-17, 09:39 PM
Not sure if this actually helps at all, but try spreading out potential Lynx triggers throughout collections. So maybe try collecting from OT, other random things, THEN Mine. Worth a shot. :)
At this point, anything' worth a shot! Actually I have decided that if the drop rate doesn't improve by the weekend, I'm going out lynx hunting in my actual neighbourhood, instead of in my kingdom. I think the success rate might be the same, or perhaps even higher! And at least I'll get to stop and chat with a few neighbours on the way.

starnanou
05-24-17, 10:16 PM
At this point, anything' worth a shot! Actually I have decided that if the drop rate doesn't improve by the weekend, I'm going out lynx hunting in my actual neighbourhood, instead of in my kingdom. I think the success rate might be the same, or perhaps even higher! And at least I'll get to stop and chat with a few neighbours on the way.
Ha ha ha
I'll do the same

starnanou
05-24-17, 10:23 PM
no more lynx from OT . they all moved in the mine ! got many of them in the mine now :)

For me that is yesterday's news.
Today
0 from Mines
But OT gave 1 lynx very generous 2 pelts

This turns out Mission Unpossible

rilette
05-24-17, 10:26 PM
I confirm that OT is no more dropping lynx... my mines is giving all lynx now.
ivy is a disapointing.
I reach lvl 6 while I was in bathroom at work!!! Lol
So I didnt pay much attention at dialogue.

I choose to have a lynx craft and collect every 2 hours. I am now reaching 500 today to go on public goal.

Of course I miss black steed bc when I see offer it had a bug... no price for the packet. (It means free, right?). And clicking on it, it doesnt go out on google for paiement. And also too few times to think about it.

At least with my craft kitty I see lynx all time I collect, I love seeing him jumping while I fight. So cuteee !

PurpleScorpion76
05-24-17, 10:35 PM
As we're into a new week I'll start a new post. Just upgraded to Level 6 first thing so very happy chappy here. I should add as well apart from one spawn last night OT hadn't spawned for 48 hours.

Day 8

OT: 1
Ivy: 1
Mines: 5

Total: 7 Running Total: 40 Current HP Level:6 Daily Pelt Total: 29 Current Pelt Total:24

Day 9

OT: 2
Ivy: 2

Total: 9 Running Total: 49 Current HP Level:7 Daily Pelt Total: 36 Current Pelt Total:0

Day 10

OT:0
Mines: 3

Total: 4 Running Total: 53 Current HP Level:7 Daily Pelt Total: 20 Current Pelt Total:20

Day 11

OT:0
Mines: 3

Total: 5 Running Total: 58 Current HP Level:7 Daily Pelt Total: 18 Current Pelt Total:38

Day 12

OT:2
Mines: 6

Total: 9 Running Total: 67 Current HP Level:8 Daily Pelt Total: 33 Current Pelt Total: 1

Day 13

OT:1

Total: 8 Running Total: 75 Current HP Level:8 Daily Pelt Total: 30 Current Pelt Total: 31

AnnirasSweets
05-24-17, 11:44 PM
Old Thomas must have gotten wind we were all disappointed in him because he finally gave me a lynx! First time ever I had 4 in a row from all sources, fingers crossed it means my luck is improving because I'll sure need it to finish this Pasture.

spanisheyes1
05-25-17, 12:49 AM
I need 306 pests to complete to level 10. I have 15 days to do it. I get 3 o 5 pelts per lynx, i need between 5 and 7 lynx's per day. I have been getting at least 5 or 6 a day. Good event very doable. Heck of a lot better than chopping trees and rocks. Good job guys.
Firstly congratulations on your good fortune, it is honestly nice to hear of someone who is bucking the trend and getting good results but.......

spanisheyes1
05-25-17, 12:54 AM
Totally agree. We have to present here on the forum as honestly as we can so the true picture is known. Yes, that means posting if you're having a good success with spawning (hardly likely in this event), but also showing the weight of numbers that are not getting enough to even get CLOSE to the end. Then there is a chance that someone at S8 will actually realise that this event is unacheivable for most and maybe do something about it.

so....that said....add me to the pool of non-spawners. I have had two in the last 24 hours with regular collections from mines, Old Thomas and Ivy. I have worked out that I will probably not get past level 6 if the current drop rate continues for me.
I just replied to a rare instance of someone who is getting a good return. That fits with your first comment about presenting a honest picture and it is one drop of good news in an ocean of bad. I just had one (Ivy) return which gave me 5 pelts in the last 24 hours.

Andro45
05-25-17, 01:08 AM
For all the people who think they are doing badly: my pasture in kingdom #2 is level 3 and I have a whopping 15 pelts for next level (or a giant lynx). Spawning boars all over the place. Waiting for Ivy's hut but that's spawning boars too. My goal is to craft a lynx and that's it. Collected 51 horse shoes so far...
Kingdom #1 is doing a lot better, but not as good as other kingdoms. Decided to craft a second lynx there and my pasture is also level 3. I hope to slay 30 lynx, so I get the 20 gems from The Shadow Lynx goal. I'm at 12 now. Collected 133 horse shoes here.

Edit: got a boar from OT in kingdom #1 just now. Beasties spawn, but just not the right beasties.

Sirelie
05-25-17, 03:04 AM
From yesterday Ivy and Thomas give me only dire boars :-/

spanisheyes1
05-25-17, 03:19 AM
Andro.
We are all doing badly it seems. I am happy for the few but my support is for the many.

PrincessCelestian
05-25-17, 03:58 AM
Old Thomas must have gotten wind we were all disappointed in him because he finally gave me a lynx! First time ever I had 4 in a row from all sources, fingers crossed it means my luck is improving because I'll sure need it to finish this Pasture.

I got 4 this morning too!! I was very dubious about the one energy spawn thing but I must say that I think it's working!! Instead of collecting from all of my daily Ali's at one time, I collect from two or so after I spawn a lynx and battle it and then move on to the next spot that spawns. It's been working pretty well now for the last 48 hours. The spawn rates for me have gotten better and better. Just upgraded to level 7. I will occasionally drop a gem or two at night to speed up the mines and OT before bed. And the mines do seem to have a higher spawn rate for me that OT now. Ivy has been pretty much guaranteed for me. Only one or two collections with no Lynx. I am starting to think I may even be able to craft my pair of pets too!!

fazerJan
05-25-17, 04:10 AM
Hi everybody!

I did some calculations:

The event for me ends in 324 hours

Old Thomas drops every 2 hours
Ivy drops every 12 hours
Mines (lvl 3) drop 2x every +/- 3,5 hours

This leaves me with 351 chances of spawning a Shadow Lynx
Assuming that i play 24/7.....

I play for about 16 hours a day with timers on the above using my smart watch.

Currently lvl 6 Pasture and 25 Pelts and counting.

Good hunting to all.

Jaybeast72
05-25-17, 04:14 AM
Unable to upgrade the horse pasture to level two. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Same here. Really curious as to what is going on? Im sure S8 must know what theyre doing...? Im stocked up on flowers & lassos through lvl7, but still sitting on lvl4 for 4days now waiting for the mysterious lynx. There's only a few left in existance you know, and [evidently] theyre inhabitants of some far, far away kingdom. It's been so long since Ive seen one, Ive forgotten what they look like. Must have migrated for the summer. ;}

Has anyone had different luck or a change in luck? Sorry havent been keeping up with the forums.

cavegirl1
05-25-17, 04:36 AM
Same here. Really curious as to what is going on? Im sure S8 must know what theyre doing...? Im stocked up on flowers & lassos through lvl7, but still sitting on lvl4 for 4days now waiting for the mysterious lynx. There's only a few left in existance you know, and evidently theyre inhabitants of some far, far away from kingdom cause it's been so long since Ive seen one Ive forgotten what they look like. Must have migrated for the summer. ;}

Has anyone had different luck or a change in luck? Sorry havent been keeping up with the forums.

Some people do seem to be getting better rates. I thought I was in that category but last 2 days have been poor for me again. Sigh.

And number of pelts per lynx have also dropped for me. So hoping it will pick up again.

Den8137259
05-25-17, 04:43 AM
Some people do seem to be getting better rates. I thought I was in that category but last 2 days have been poor for me again. Sigh.

★ yes I noted this phenomena too, they got level 10 pasture and have a half a dozen crafted lynxes :confused: ★

So did they speed using gems? maybe, perhaps, or did they have Super Luck? ★

fazerJan
05-25-17, 04:50 AM
Hi everybody.
I used to read all the posts here during events.
It was fun.

Almost 99% of all the posts for this event are complaints about spawn rate of Shadow Lynx.
So you lost me at about page nr. 60....

I am level 32 and the last 3 events were all about energy / resources and gem purchase red flower etc.

Everybody high level could easely finish.

For me it was impossible to complete those quests.

S8 in my opinion is listening very well to this forum because they gave us this event with no pressure on ENERGY / RECOURSES / GEM PURCHASE.

Spawnrate is in the algorythm of this game.
Offcourse they want to triggger the players to buy gems / items for real money.

Why don't we all stop complaining about it until let's say the last 5 days of the event.
Also in my honest opinion the posts of Old Thomas / ivy / Mines dropping or dropping not after about 100+ pages....
Comon, ENJOY the challange plz.

cavegirl1
05-25-17, 04:50 AM
★ yes I noted this phenomena too, they got level 10 pasture and have a half a dozen crafted lynxes :confused: ★

So did they speed using gems? maybe, perhaps, or did they have Super Luck? ★

Judging by your signature, if you are working towards 70 pelts (aka lvl 8), you are doing better than me. I am very slooooowly building up the 45 needed for lvl 6 :)

But I know I am still ahead of others, so feel for them.

appppppplecrumble
05-25-17, 05:30 AM
Hi fazerJan,

i kinda half agree & half disagree. Which i guess is what forums are for. i was thinking the same about this quest, after the tea party & then 400 tooth/teeth collections for a bear people were struggling with energy, especially lower levels or 50's without herds of energy droppers. i was thinking this quest is more for those who struggled with those quests.

i disagree about people not being able to post spawn rates & worries about finishing, some have been very funny (dory swimming e.g.)

thou for few reasons i said before in a post. People want to be heard, i love this game been playing years & committed to it & the community but i honestly am not going to read a list of people's spawn posts as well as this forum certainly without like here other posts between them. Even thou as an anorak i find it interesting

couple of other points i made 1 person early on had made mistake we all sometimes do & read event wrong they complained about spawns and added community etc counter not going up either thou they had been collecting lassos or pelts (i forget). someone cud help & said no it's the horseshoes. if that had been in a different section they might not have been helped.

at first was awhile before a lynx was seen at a mine & then longer till seen at a level 6 if people hadn't been posting then if this had been a problem it cud have been solved by the community. i know now is prob not things to find out but no1 can say upto x point you can mention things & after that no.

biggest reason for me thou is the end and the neighbour requests on last quest. i LOVED how the community pulled together people adding people etc trying to help them complete. Those posts would be in a way considered someone 'moaning' they hadn't got their requests filled. People were writing update posts then on requests. After years of just reading i signed up & started posting bcos of how positive that all made me feel. i made news friends & i am reading posts now & commiserating along (& pleased when someone says actually today was a better day)

for what it's worth i haven't been posting my spawns i have had good days & bad thou i never seem to get many per lynx. is a lot of days left thou & spawn rates will prob change.

trouble started (in my very limited opinion) when luck got introduced as a variable rather then 'if i babysit my device & put in the effort it's down to me if i succeed'

people don't like to feel unlucky especially when doing something like playing a game which they do feel good. More of something, but a definite spawn v less (ish) and luck. It's tightrope Storm8 have to walk, rather them then me.

hexappeal
05-25-17, 06:04 AM
I believe Katt was correct about the spawn rate increasing as the pasture levels up. I also received 4/4 lynxes from all sources today (yes, even Thomas) which allowed me to level up to 6 and then the 2 mines spawned.
It does seem the mornings have always been good for spawning them.
I also received my 20 gems for ****ing 30 lynxes.
It's been a good morning in the Queendoom.

meme1098
05-25-17, 06:08 AM
Saw the posts and that's news to me too! So I checked him and got an orange petal.

Well, this morning Sir Daisy also dropped seeds including a purple petal. 😳.

Jaybeast72
05-25-17, 06:08 AM

And number of pelts per lynx have also dropped for me. So hoping it will pick up again.

Lol, I just noticed your signature (Lynx extinction). We had the same thought! This is similar to my experience with the Lynx as well, it ebbs and flows, like a marriage. In fact, my husband is half Lynx (elusive and almost extinct). Haha, Im totally kidding (happily married 14yrs).

My pelt number has also dropped by 50%. Im halfway thru lvl4 and just waiting for spawns/pelts all the way thru lvl7. So good to know it's more intermittent than hopeless. Thanks for the insight!

ktorewqas
05-25-17, 06:57 AM
Well, this morning Sir Daisy also dropped seeds including a purple petal. ��.I got red petals again and ...tada... Faery's murmur :rolleyes::cool:

ladyperidot
05-25-17, 07:32 AM
Lol, I just noticed your signature (Lynx extinction). We had the same thought! This is similar to my experience with the Lynx as well, it ebbs and flows, like a marriage. In fact, my husband is half Lynx (elusive and almost extinct). Haha, Im totally kidding (happily married 14yrs).

My pelt number has also dropped by 50%. Im halfway thru lvl4 and just waiting for spawns/pelts all the way thru lvl7. So good to know it's more intermittent than hopeless. Thanks for the insight!

Intermittent.. at least that sounds hopeful! So far today, 2 visits to OT, 1 to Ivy and 4 to mines. Only 2 lynxes, one from Ivy and one from mine. Thomas, Thomas, what have you done with the kitties?!

Den8137259
05-25-17, 07:35 AM
// howdy all, doing a quik check here .. which adventure gives a lynx trap? ★ lmk just the adventure name, ty ★

wamboltia
05-25-17, 07:38 AM
I could lvl my pasture to lvl 6 almost lvl 7 (with a few more flowers) if I only had the pelts to go with it, but I'm still stuck on lvl 4, and have been for a few days now. As I have stated before, I play this game at least every 2hrs, but if the lynx do not spawn, how can I do anything about it?!! I was sure I would hit lvl 5 before I went to sleep last night, I was only 5 pelts away and had all my collections to visit. Spawned 1 lynx and it dropped 3 pelts... My morning collection yielded no lynx. So, it's not that I and so many others aren't trying, they just aren't spawning, and I can't afford to gem my way through this (for a game). So to those who say," it's do-able, you just need to put in the work" -- doesn't appear to be the case.

riverly
05-25-17, 07:49 AM
I could lvl my pasture to lvl 6 almost lvl 7 (with a few more flowers) if I only had the pelts to go with it, but I'm still stuck on lvl 4, and have been for a few days now. As I have stated before, I play this game at least every 2hrs, but if the lynx do not spawn, how can I do anything about it?!! I was sure I would hit lvl 5 before I went to sleep last night, I was only 5 pelts away and had all my collections to visit. Spawned 1 lynx and it dropped 3 pelts... My morning collection yielded no lynx. So, it's not that I and so many others aren't trying, they just aren't spawning, and I can't afford to gem my way through this (for a game). So to those who say," it's do-able, you just need to put in the work" -- doesn't appear to be the case.this is the stuff I don't understand. Why is it easy for some and not for others? Anyway, I hope your game turns a corner, and you start seeing some significant progress. Sending good vibes.

Jaybeast72
05-25-17, 08:13 AM
Hi fazerJan,
i kinda half agree & half disagree. Which i guess is what forums are for. i was thinking the same about this quest, especially lower levels or 50's without herds of energy droppers. i was thinking this quest is more for those who struggled with those quests.
i disagree about people not being able to post spawn rates & worries about finishing, some have been very funny (dory swimming e.g.)People want to be heard...but i honestly am not going to read a list of people's spawn posts as well as this forum certainly without like here other posts between them. Even thou as an anorak i find it interesting.
couple of other points i made 1 person early on had made mistake we all sometimes do & read event wrong they complained about spawns and added community counter not going up either thou they had been collecting lassos or pelts (i forget). someone cud help & said no it's the horseshoes. if that had been in a different section they might not have been helped.
at first was awhile before a lynx was seen at a mine & then longer till seen at a level 6 if people hadn't been posting then if this had been a problem it cud have been solved by the community. i know now is prob not things to find out but no1 can say upto x point you can mention things & after that no.
i LOVED how the community pulled together people adding people etc trying to help them complete. Those posts would be in a way considered someone 'moaning' they hadn't got their requests filled.

This is the other 0.01%. Im not sure what to think on this event yet. But aside from the spawn rate it has been less intensive energy-wise. Im also finding the spawn rate posts funny (i.e. cavegirl1 "Save the Lynx Fund" extinction). This is also why I love the event-related threads, the creativity and humor. Btw, I could go on about the anorak thing, thats awesome if you're serious. My "joys" rest in observational analysis of patterns (numerical, behavioural, verbal) so I can share your enthusiasm on the spawn rate comps. And as you were getting at (i.e. "moaning", off-topic vs. related, redundancy), it all comes down to perspective. To post me it's completely event-related, even when a tech issue, etc comes up it's still related if it pertains to completing this event. At least, that's my understanding. It all depends on how you want to approach it when a question like this is merged... is it a tech issue/general question or event-related and the effect on their progress is the distinguishing factor. Plus reading between-the-lines is key and in this case it wasnt even a tech issue at all but as you said a simple misunderstanding over collecting horseshoes. And the spawn rate posts have been helpful for me rather than redundant. You dont panic "mine's broken," so much, lol. And yes, knowing it'll pick up as someone else said too, is a tremendous comfort... if I ever get to lvl6. :]

appppppplecrumble
05-25-17, 08:40 AM
Hi jaybeast72, a fellow nerd (i mean that as a compliment :D )

your post is brilliant, so much better then mine (thou i'm gonna take praise as inspiration for it :P )

i also now feel slightly more normal then i normally or at least not alone in being anorakish. do. i totally agree with your perspective comments.

infact i think you worded my thoughts just 100% better.

hagypagy
05-25-17, 10:25 AM
I just hit LVL7 ��

... Only another 66 more Shadow Lynx to battle ��

Waiting to craft my Shadow Lynx til all of Part 3 of the side-quest is ticked off , that way the 25pelt reward will replace the ones used in crafting immediately.
Also seems smarter to level the Pasture soon as possible, returns more horseshoes that way.

Hopefully I'm on track 'cause I really don't want to miss out the Noble Stable.
Still super disappointed I couldn't finish the Lily Pond and score Wysteria House.

Pity Storm8 hasn't released any new expansions...
I'd be spending real money on this quest if I had enough room to display new items
... But everything will end up in storage anyways.

cheers196
05-25-17, 10:45 AM
On the 4th day I had to accept that I would not be able to level up the pasture to level 10 without using gems. That will be first for me. I have always completed event with souvenirs with no gems and cash spent by sheer obsession. However, I can't make the cats spawn with my obsession. So, I decided not to use any pelts to upgrade the pasture (it is currently level 3) and use all the pelts to craft the Lynx. According to my math, I can still get the horse this way. I have five Cats now and will craft 6 more or so before the end of the event. I am going to have quite a pack! (Except I don't think " pack " is the right word for Lynx.) Now I am happily obsessed with making cats! Good luck, everyone!

By the way, there is no cat today for me. Not even from Ivy's this morning...

appppppplecrumble
05-25-17, 10:57 AM
FIVE CATS

wow

applause

colour me impressed hehe, is there a way to see other people's worlds if you aren't on friends list? i wanna see 5 cats. Really wanna see 10. Thou you aren't worried about getting the 'crazy ol cat lady' nickname? Love idea of 6 more on top 10/11 massive cats??? You must at least post pics, the litter trays you are going to need? & the space!

i am seriously impressed with your goals, cheering you on. Def made me giggle.

huntiw396
05-25-17, 11:43 AM
Just upgraded pasture to level 7. Need one collection to get the third prize at 420 horseshoes. I have crafted 1lynx. I have bought 1 starter pack and used some gems to speed up some production, but not many. Less than 100. My experience is not the same as others but at level 50 these events keep me interested. I think this is a better event than some of the recent ones with a much better prize. That stable looks really cool.

ladyperidot
05-25-17, 11:53 AM
On the 4th day I had to accept that I would not be able to level up the pasture to level 10 without using gems. That will be first for me. I have always completed event with souvenirs with no gems and cash spent by sheer obsession. However, I can't make the cats spawn with my obsession. So, I decided not to use any pelts to upgrade the pasture (it is currently level 3) and use all the pelts to craft the Lynx. According to my math, I can still get the horse this way. I have five Cats now and will craft 6 more or so before the end of the event. I am going to have quite a pack! (Except I don't think " pack " is the right word for Lynx.) Now I am happily obsessed with making cats! Good luck, everyone!

By the way, there is no cat today for me. Not even from Ivy's this morning...

If they were lions, it would be a pride. I don't know that lynx typically travel in groups. Since these are imaginary shadow lynxes, how about a phantom of shadow lynxes

dipwid
05-25-17, 12:29 PM
Anyone have pics of when the pasture levels up it's image picture changes ?

stormy4me2
05-25-17, 01:27 PM
About same luck as everyone else. Pasture level 5 with 25 pelts to go. Bought the lynx with 25 pelts a day or 2 ago. Long time for horseshoe drops but an awesome drop.
Question: Is it more advantageous to craft another shadow lynx or keep upgrading stable?
Apologies if already discussed but yes, there is a LOT of discussion here.
💜💥Purple💥💜
Purple Sprite...appear/disappear in a flash. 💜💥💜
Level 50. ID: stormy4me2

littelprincess0313
05-25-17, 02:11 PM
Spawn rates are down for the last two days -.-
But I just got the BEST value pack:
Flowers, lassos and 20 horse shoes!
Yeah! Exactly the stuff I need -.-

jbfps116
05-25-17, 02:12 PM
these events have become a "aim low and see where you end up"
with me being gone 4 days over Memorial day week and the low cat appearances I'm aiming for 500 horseshoes and whatever level I get to on the pasture. working on 5 right now.

riverly
05-25-17, 02:12 PM
// howdy all, doing a quik check here .. which adventure gives a lynx trap? ★ lmk just the adventure name, ty ★i think it was Search the Ancient Vault. Anyway I have one out and should be back in a little over 2 hours. I'll post if I get a trap.

stormy4me2
05-25-17, 02:13 PM
About same luck as everyone else. Pasture level 5 with 25 pelts to go. Bought the lynx with 25 pelts a day or 2 ago. Long time for horseshoe drops but an awesome drop.
Question: Is it more advantageous to craft another shadow lynx or keep upgrading stable?
Apologies if already discussed but yes, there is a LOT of discussion here.
💜💥Purple💥💜
Purple Sprite...appear/disappear in a flash. 💜💥💜
Level 50. ID: stormy4me2

A real valid discussion question

appppppplecrumble
05-25-17, 02:27 PM
A real valid discussion question

think Katt & others were saying with cat versus field upgrades it depends what your goal/what you want the mostest.

if it's the horse, then it's golden horseshoes def making a cat early people were suggesting (which you have)

then other posters have added, as that's their goal, they have made more & more cats (someone has impressively made 5 & is planning on 10)

if it's the stable you want then i guess the field. From what people seem to be posting it depends on your personal want/goal

also playing style/availability to click every 2 hours on the field compared to 8 hourly on the lynx

guess you right is a discussion point, but like with most things in this game don't know if there is a right answer lol

bernadette16668
05-25-17, 02:29 PM
I I have than enough of everything but pelts , I collect and collect but they don't drop the shadow Luxor me I even bought 2 traps and I'm on level 4! No way I will ever make it.

riverly
05-25-17, 02:46 PM
I I have than enough of everything but pelts , I collect and collect but they don't drop the shadow Luxor me I even bought 2 traps and I'm on level 4! No way I will ever make it.i have seen a lot of posts where people seem to be stuck on L4. I suggest that you just hang in there and keep trying. Because I think after L4 things seem to get a little better. They got easier for me, but I still am running into some dry spells. I feel like I'm just along for the ride, because I have no control over the spawns. Just keep trying. Not much else you can do aside from spending gems and IMO it won't be worth spending gems on.

dragon2046
05-25-17, 02:52 PM
i think it was Search the Ancient Vault. Anyway I have one out and should be back in a little over 2 hours. I'll post if I get a trap.

I tried ancient vault like previous player stated but didn't get the trap. Not sure if I'm unlucky or if it was just some kind of glitch that the player received the trap. Can someone from S8 verify if the traps do indeed drop from the ancient vault ? Thank you. Thanks to the players who speed ahead to guide others thru the quests. I'm enjoying this quest but did spend gems on traps to get ahead. :). Enjoy everyone.

ladyperidot
05-25-17, 03:13 PM
On the plus side with this event, I had forgotten that Sir Daisy dropped petals and fairy murmur besides the normal horsey things. I hadn't collected from him/her in a long time.

Den8137259
05-25-17, 03:27 PM
i think it was Search the Ancient Vault. Anyway I have one out and should be back in a little over 2 hours. I'll post if I get a trap.

★ thanks riverly (: ★ have one running n will update if there's trap (: ★

Den8137259
05-25-17, 03:29 PM
★ hey all, I got this new bundle 20 horseshoe (no pelts) deal .. (: anyone's interested ? ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAtKUMaWAAUfBhT?format=jpg

Den8137259
05-25-17, 03:31 PM
On the plus side with this event, I had forgotten that Sir Daisy dropped petals and fairy murmur besides the normal horsey things. I hadn't collected from him/her in a long time.

★ I've upgraded Sir Daisy to a prime tap spot.. thanks all for reporting the daisy-related drops, and is very unique for a horse (: ★

riverly
05-25-17, 03:57 PM
★ thanks riverly (: ★ have one running n will update if there's trap (: ★me too. Am curious about this info.

Just collected from adventure. No trap.

SpiritWind00
05-25-17, 05:57 PM
Morning all, couple of things:
- if you want to have a chit chat, take it to PMs so the thread is not derailed.
- posting personal medical info is against the forum rules, so be mindful what you post. I'll go back through the overnight posts and update some posts.
- posting about Comms with support is also not allowed.
- You are free to leave your gaming experiences as normal, but not to critisice others.
- You do not need to read the whole thread if you want info on the goal. page 1 is your go to place.
- If you post off topic, it will be removed as normal.

- I will post when I hear back about Lynx traps from Ancient vault adventure.

ktorewqas
05-25-17, 07:11 PM

By the way, there is no cat today for me. Not even from Ivy's this morning...lol nice to meet you :) I have 5 cats too and going to craft as many as I can because I think I will not get the pasture to lvl 10 either. I am going to post screenshots after events :rolleyes:

ktorewqas
05-25-17, 07:14 PM
Morning all, couple of things:
- if you want to have a chit chat, take it to PMs so the thread is not derailed.
- posting personal medical info is against the forum rules, so be mindful what you post. I'll go back through the overnight posts and update some posts.
- posting about Comms with support is also not allowed.
- You are free to leave your gaming experiences as normal, but not to critisice others.
- You do not need to read the whole thread if you want info on the goal. page 1 is your go to place.
- If you post off topic, it will be removed as normal.

- I will post when I hear back about Lynx traps from Ancient vault adventure.
Thank you, SW :) I did not know that we should not post personal medical info although I've never wanted to post such things but good to know :)

hexappeal
05-25-17, 08:13 PM
Well....this is an unjinx myself post. Since posting about my lynx luck this morning, I have become unlynxed.
That is all.
Carry on.
(Hope this works. Ha ha)

kattkrazie
05-25-17, 08:17 PM
After you upgrade the horse pasture to level 10, the lynxes will keep spawning. I hope everyone's spawn rate keeps improving. I've crafted 3 cats and can see a few more in my future. So those of you who choose to do the upgrade first, you'll have plenty of chances to craft your lynx.

Good luck!

Queenzod
05-25-17, 08:30 PM
I do hate these spawn rates. I'm stuck halfway to level 6, maxed out on wildflowers and lassos, just waiting on Lynx to spawn. It does seem not quite right that if we don't make it due to inadequate lynxes there's nothing to do about that. Please nudge up the spawn rate, and make it 100% for Ivy's hut! I'm at about 70% there and that's way too low!

Den8137259
05-25-17, 09:12 PM
★ not getting lynx since this morning.. ★ instead had fangbeasts and dire boars.. shoo !! ★ lol

AnnirasSweets
05-25-17, 10:19 PM
After you upgrade the horse pasture to level 10, the lynxes will keep spawning. I hope everyone's spawn rate keeps improving. I've crafted 3 cats and can see a few more in my future. So those of you who choose to do the upgrade first, you'll have plenty of chances to craft your lynx.

Good luck!

Excellent. Every time I open the workshop and see how many Lynx I could create my finger gets itchy but I've stayed firm on only crafting 2 until I'm at level 10. Glad to know that I'll have a decent chance at making more after, kudos for finishing!

coolssp
05-25-17, 11:03 PM
I believe Katt was correct about the spawn rate increasing as the pasture levels up. I also received 4/4 lynxes from all sources today (yes, even Thomas) which allowed me to level up to 6 and then the 2 mines spawned.
It does seem the mornings have always been good for spawning them.
I also received my 20 gems for ****ing 30 lynxes.
It's been a good morning in the Queendoom.

Fantastic!!! May with you be the good luck continue :) May the force be with you ;)

PurpleScorpion76
05-26-17, 12:30 AM

Yes it was Ancient Vault, I've got two adventures going Haunted Keep and Queens Court will keep you posted.

PurpleScorpion76
05-26-17, 01:08 AM
Just done some calculations based on I'm seeing a lot of level 6 players We've still got to get 325 pelts at that level which sounds awful but if you combined that with my following few days of info it doesn't look that bad...

Day 6 - 8 lynx (pelts not calculated)
Day 7 - 7 lynx & 23 pelts
Day 8 - 7 lynx & 29 pelts
Today Day 9 - already got - 4 lynx & 14 pelts.

12 full days left 12 x 23 (pessimistic average): 276
12 full days left 12 x 29 (optimistic average): 348

Now these figures don't include the remaining time of day 13. It also doesn't show the change in my s8 day, I have managed to collect at 5am then sleep for 1.5 more hours then again when I properly wake but my s8 day starts at 8am. But it appears in my game that not only are the lynxs steadily increasing but the drops are too, once my s8 day started today I got 3 lynx's within an hour, but the first was before the s8 day. I've also not included the current pelts I already have.

Page 73 Post #727 shows my first weeks spawn and drops rate
Page 118 Post #1174 for week 2's figures.

Whilst some will see this as a nightmare post because they're not at level 6 yet or they're drops aren't great either, I hope it will give hope that the figures always look worse than they are. And if the spawning and drops are steadily increasing then I haven't got the proper knowledge at how high that increasing will go and the figures are forever changing.

jesslau9
05-26-17, 01:31 AM
I do hate these spawn rates. I'm stuck halfway to level 6, maxed out on wildflowers and lassos, just waiting on Lynx to spawn. It does seem not quite right that if we don't make it due to inadequate lynxes there's nothing to do about that. Please nudge up the spawn rate, and make it 100% for Ivy's hut! I'm at about 70% there and that's way too low!

I'm at 100% with Ivy but today, I didn't get any at OT or mines. I am at level 5 but not near 6. I am at level 49-ish on CS, but I never used to come on forums. these events pages help me to know in advance what to collect/keep/which building to not collect from (eg wait for next step so that i don't wait another 12 hours)

are we supposed to only waxed lyrical about good things? ok... I'm glad I'm not growing trees this event?

anyway I can't be bother to upgrade to 10, the tea party taught me not to stress over upgrades, the 400-tooth bear taught me I don't need another bear.

that's why i chose to craft 2 lynx instead

sorry for complaining!

GlvtenFree
05-26-17, 02:02 AM
i need 84 more pelts and 100+ flowers and i am finally done this event, and honestly i am so bored of it at this point but i cant just quit now lol

when i first started playing this game, there was only events like once a month and i thought that was amazing the devs updated the game that often, now there are 2+ per month and its just too much, but i really love this game and seeing new items, i just think s8 needs to slow down and put more effort into making each event fun instead of so many repetitive ones so often.

Den8137259
05-26-17, 03:25 AM
★ keep calm n carry on (: ★

starnanou
05-26-17, 04:51 AM
Well....this is an unjinx myself post. Since posting about my lynx luck this morning, I have become unlynxed.
That is all.
Carry on.
(Hope this works. Ha ha)

Unjinx me too!

Not that I ever had your luck but i use to spawn 1 lynx every four collections!

Now i spawn 0 over all !

I think this quest made to collect a lots of "gems" to S8's bank...
they don't compromise with some...

mayennalee
05-26-17, 04:57 AM
1 for Ivy. 0 = OT. 0 = mines.

Ive just put away all my flowers and horses as this is no longer fun. I will keep the hay pile and lynx out as I can help contibute to the Community event, but as of now, Im not bothering any more.

Oh and I got a Boar from OT at one of the collections today. Lol. Thought the game must have finished and I didn't notice.

dipwid
05-26-17, 05:09 AM
Shadow Lynx collection math:
1 lynx x 2 collections per day for 13 days remaining = 260 horseshoes
2 lynx x 2 collections " " " " = 520 horseshoes
3 lynx x 2 collections " " " " =780 horseshoes.
lynx drop 10 horseshoes every 8 hours I believe.
Also-i checked page 1 and am still needing the answer to what level of pasture that the grass in the picture first turns green. I did manage to find out another change between level 7/8.

cavegirl1
05-26-17, 05:27 AM
Also-i checked page 1 and am still needing the answer to what level of pasture that the grass in the picture first turns green. I did manage to find out another change between level 7/8.

The grass first turns green in level 6. The level 6 picture is in the link to pictures in post 1.

Anikaof9
05-26-17, 05:29 AM

The pasture turns from yellow to green at level 6, but the tree still looks dead :)
It's still somewhat an improvement I guess though.

riverly
05-26-17, 05:37 AM
It appears I will have to chop rocks. Forge the sword takes a lot of ore. I'll be chopping iron rich piles. I can do this while waiting on pelts though.
I hope to see an increase in pelt drops. Onward to L8.
I like the looks of the overgrown grass.
Here I call it a meadow.

Also I still haven't reached 500 horseshoes. Hopefully today.

Stymie52
05-26-17, 06:16 AM
Two adventures to Search the Ancient Vault yielded no traps for the Lynx.
I love the pasture and am on Level 9. I feel that my drops of both the Lynx and pelts when I spawn a Lynx have been reduced. Even nice little Ivy has gotten very stingy. Thomas still wanders aimlessly, giving nothing in his sadness that the horse is no longer talking to him. My mines must have had cave-ins, since they no longer seem to spawn any lynxes. Thank heaven there is still a lot of time left!

PrincessCupOButter
05-26-17, 06:30 AM
My adventure to the ancient vault yielded nothing. (Queens keep)
I still have one out in the barracks, but I am doubtful.

I am beginning to wonder if it's possible someone checked the pasture and the adventure within moments of each other, and just happened to collect the first individual prize either right before or after the adventure drops. :confused: (Not that I'm doubting the player who posted, just wondering if that is a possibility.)

Thanks SW for checking into this one for us!

idrispad
05-26-17, 06:37 AM
I assumed the trap dropping from the ancient vault adventure was just a random drop like the overgrown benches.

appppppplecrumble
05-26-17, 06:48 AM
i need 84 more pelts and 100+ flowers and i am finally done this event, and honestly i am so bored of it at this point but i cant just quit now lol

when i first started playing this game, there was only events like once a month and i thought that was amazing the devs updated the game that often, now there are 2+ per month and its just too much, but i really love this game and seeing new items, i just think s8 needs to slow down and put more effort into making each event fun instead of so many repetitive ones so often.

Got tbh am a little bit with you on this one. i know it sounds ungrateful tx you S8 as a free game for the new content/events many free games don't and all but i'm getting a bit of event quest fatigue.

Maybe few more beast hunts inbetween?? they are like events for me but less full on.

also sorry to say another downer but just more events with more prizes & no more space to put them. i know i cud rotate things in my world but i like some of my older prizes & want them out, am a sentimental old fool.

thou as i'm at the end of the storyline atm, as many others have been for lot longer then me i'm sure, i do understand how people need things like the events or they'll get bored.

as ever S8 can't please everyone. sorry if this kinda off topic

to bring it back on topic ish is there a link between the sneaky elves & their demands & what quests need?

they have twice needed exact same petals as horsie field upgrade. �� i still don't trust them.

Listal
05-26-17, 07:05 AM
Yes it was Ancient Vault, I've got two adventures going Haunted Keep and Queens Court will keep you posted.

How can you be on twp different adventures at the same time?

appppppplecrumble
05-26-17, 07:22 AM
How can you be on twp different adventures at the same time?

You can be on 3 :D

1 in your Kings/Queens Castle thingy, one in the Barracks and one in the Haunted Keep!!!!

Den8137259
05-26-17, 08:48 AM
★ 12 days plus to go (: ★

PrincessCupOButter
05-26-17, 08:52 AM
I assumed the trap dropping from the ancient vault adventure was just a random drop like the overgrown benches.

I figure that's how it would be too. Except the benches, etc come in crates that you have to tap on and decide whether to place or store them.
I just haven't seen any other posts confirming the traps drop from the adventure, so I was wondering about other explanations.

*snip*

to bring it back on topic ish is there a link between the sneaky elves & their demands & what quests need?

they have twice needed exact same petals as horsie field upgrade. �� i still don't trust them.

I have been noticing this for the last several events and mentioned it a few events ago. There is also some discussion about it in the elven outpost thread. Last event they were very insistent on getting boar pelts, asking for them repeatedly. Quite the coincidence considering the quest required 75 of them. :rolleyes: They've also been pestering me for petals and it is always the color the next upgrade requires.

I don't have any scientific proof, but I'm convinced there is a connection. So during events, I don't send off any trades before checking post 1 of the event thread.

Zummat
05-26-17, 09:23 AM
Search the Ancient Vault got the usual stuff, no trap. Not believing this is a real source for a trap. On a positive note I upgraded my pasture to level 7. Still not confident will get to level 10. I'll just keep plodding along. Anyone who already finished and crafted multiple cats must have spent a fortune.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-26-17, 09:39 AM

Good luck!
Katt ~ Have you also completed the third Lynx side goal where 1 of the items is to craft a lynx or is your side goal still open?

I assumed the option to craft a lynx (& the spawning of them) would disappear if the pasture was at level 10 and all side goals were also finished because technically, there'd be no other use for pelts. I've held off on donating that royal beam for the side goal to keep the craft option open, but if the craft still remains, that 25 pelt reward is enough to craft a lynx, lol.

PS. to SW/KP/Pika.. if Katt responds that she still has the lynx crafting option with all goals completed, would you please check with S8 to see if that craft remains for the entire duration of the event? Thx! :-*

lulamiami
05-26-17, 09:45 AM
I been playing this game for many years but lately it is very hard to complete a mission or quest or whatever eather because the quantities are too high and it is imposible to gather stuff or in the case of this last one those black cats are nowhere to be found this is getting old and not fun anymore

Jaybeast72
05-26-17, 09:57 AM
Hi jaybeast72, a fellow nerd (i mean that as a compliment :D )
your post is brilliant, so much better then mine (thou i'm gonna take praise as inspiration for it :P )
i also now feel slightly more normal then i normally or at least not alone in being anorakish. do. i totally agree with your perspective comments.
infact i think you worded my thoughts just 100% better.

Aww, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me (especially the nerd). And believe me, it took 5 takes to get it right or "worded better." In reality, I talk like the original version... and I don't even have cough syrup to blame. That's why I knew exactly what you we're saying, lol. As for the normal/not alone thing, you literally made my day yesterday.

Oh and of course, the praise is definitely all yours. (Dont tell anybody, but I actually just 'thesaurused' your original post. ;} )