PDA

View Full Version : New Items in Farm Story!

Norman
08-17-10, 09:53 AM
There are many more items to chose from in Farm Story! Explore your store to find these cool new additions:

Flint Corn
Celery
Spotted Dachshund
Pembroke Corgi
Hampshire Hog
Spotted Cow
Miss Mallard
White Chicken - GIFT
Corral Fence
Dog House
Dog Bowl - GIFT
Potted Forget-Me-Nots
Potted Azaleas
Potted Rose

Unregistered
08-17-10, 10:30 AM
I have been reading this message board for over a month. and with the new stuff added it doesn't appear to have anything anybody has been asking for.Are you sure your "listening" i mean common did we really need another dog for 55 gems? or a spotted cow for 32 gems? obviously people buy gems and that's how you make your money. but to be honest i'd rather pay a one time charge for farm story and earn gems and coins.and i know people will have something negative to say to my post that's ok. i enjoy farm story and i'll continue to play. i just hope with the release of city story you can really start reading what people are requesting. because there have been some really good sugestions. thank you

Tara
08-17-10, 10:49 AM
I have been reading this message board for over a month. and with the new stuff added it doesn't appear to have anything anybody has been asking for.Are you sure your "listening" i mean common did we really need another dog for 55 gems? or a spotted cow for 32 gems? obviously people buy gems and that's how you make your money. but to be honest i'd rather pay a one time charge for farm story and earn gems and coins.and i know people will have something negative to say to my post that's ok. i enjoy farm story and i'll continue to play. i just hope with the release of city story you can really start reading what people are requesting. because there have been some really good sugestions. thank you

I agree with you 100%. I paid like $80 for jems. Thats kinda stupid. I rather pay like $10 for the game, then keep buying jems. Its stupid, We need more jem offers or something. I cant keep paying.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 10:54 AM
Norman,

Thanks for the update and the new items. Could hint at when the next app update might be coming, with new crops, trees, features, etc ? Fall maybe ?

There are many more items to chose from in Farm Story! Explore your store to find what's new:

Flint Corn
Celery
Spotted Dachshund
Pembroke Corgi
Hampshire Hog
Spotted Cow
Miss Mallard
White Chicken - GIFT
Corral Fence
Dog House
Dog Bowl - GIFT
Potted Forget-Me-Nots - GIFT
Potted Azaleas
Potted Rose

Unregistered
08-17-10, 11:14 AM
You can't send Forget-me-nots as a gift.

Vanillina
08-17-10, 11:14 AM

I agree to that. I like the potted plants, but they are way too expensive....like the dogs and the cow. 55 gems in Euro = 7,50 Euro....sorry, I'm not ready to pay 7.50 Euro for a virtual dog for my farm. ;-)

Unregistered
08-17-10, 11:26 AM
I can't see the potted plant in the gifts.

Hawk 8
08-17-10, 12:58 PM
I can't see the potted plant in the gifts.

That's because it's not there, we are fed a bunch of lies, lol

Unregistered
08-17-10, 01:52 PM
How much has everyone actually spent playing this free game since it came out?

I have spent over a hundred and fifty bucks on Gems. I have been addicted to this game and now, I am at a point where I refuse to pay another penny. I am stuck at level 69 and cant get to level 70 for the next expansion. Ive been at level 69 for 3 weeks, Its getting boring very fast. I have over 8 million coins and i really cant do much of anything with it. I have dozens and dozens of almost every single item that can be purchased either with coins or with Gems in my inventory that I cleared off my farm just to make room to grow more crops in the hopes that I can reach level 70 faster. I think Ive reached a point where I cant take it any further. or even if I can, What would the point be?

Unregistered
08-17-10, 02:38 PM

I have spent over a hundred and fifty bucks on Gems. I have been addicted to this game and now, I am at a point where I refuse to pay another penny. I am stuck at level 69 and cant get to level 70 for the next expansion. Ive been at level 69 for 3 weeks, Its getting boring very fast. I have over 8 million coins and i really cant do much of anything with it. I have dozens and dozens of almost every single item that can be purchased either with coins or with Gems in my inventory that I cleared off my farm just to make room to grow more crops in the hopes that I can reach level 70 faster. I think Ive reached a point where I cant take it any further. or even if I can, What would the point be?

Use your 8million coins to buy gazebos which give u 300xp then delete the gazebos u still keep the xp. You will level up very quickly & it's much easier than crops.

I also agree are team lava listening everyone seems to be asking fir the same items eg a tractor! Not extremely expensive dogs!!!

Unregistered
08-17-10, 03:25 PM
The common theme seems to be that the game is too expensive. For what it offers, I agree. The game is a time passer. It isn't challenging to play. There is no strategy, no serious problem solving, and for a social game, the opportunity for social interaction is surprisingly limited (Posting back and forth to walls). I realized very early on that to have a really cool farm was going to cost a lot of money and decided only to use items that could be purchased with coins and experience after using up the gems I received from downloading other TeamLava games (and then deleting them). I'm nearly to level 40, I'm tiring of the sameness. I'm weary of working my way through 100 neighbors each day and I suspect there a lot of other players who feel the same way. I honestly don't see potential to evolve this game into something more challenging. Me, I'll probably move on to another mindless, time consuming game to pass the time, hopefully something that won't be so potentially expensive.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 03:45 PM
Some of you have just chosen to spend money on gems. You didn't have to. Like a poster said, it's just something to pass the time. There are thousands of other gaming apps available to you. Many of them free.

I got almost 100 free gems by downloading the games offered and at level 73 I still have 83 of those gems. My farm is cool and adorable without a dog or a parrot or a gendered gnome. My animals have water and I splurged on a sundial for the garden. That's it. True, my swimming pool made out of hay bales seems terribly passe now that real pools are available in City Story, but I'll get over it.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 04:11 PM
You are right people choose to spend money on gems. But you wait and wait for team lava to come out with new stuff and most of the new items cost gems. So how much of the new items that don't cost gems can you actually use on your farm not many. If team lava were smart they would put out items that people are requesting like tractors, cats, pool ect. And charge gems for them( reasonable) people would be more likely to stay interested instead they put out more cows and dogs and ask a crazy amount for them. Team lava would keep more people interested and probably still make good money if they would lower the cost of items and put out what people want.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 04:22 PM
At this point, I can only assume that TeamLava is giving everyone the business on purpose. Maybe they are ticked at all the complaining or maybe they just want to design what THEY want to design. From a develper standpoint I see nothing wrong with them charging gems for the new stuff. I think they would be beyond crazy to make this a paid game with the content inside being at no cost. You guys complain so much about a free game with inside costs I can only imagine how much you would complain if you had to pay upfront. ("The game freezes and I paid $99 cents for this app, how dare you, rarr!") They give you options and they want to make money too. There's nothing wrong with that.

Ellie
08-17-10, 04:32 PM

Or plant Red Quinoa, then sell the plots. you keep the xp. I levelled up 5 levels in 2 days, using this and the gazebo trick.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 04:36 PM
For starters being that you are a developer yourself it's obvious your going to look at it from their point of view. I understand they are in it to make money and that is great. And I don't mind paying for gems. And I would continue if they would make items reasonable to purchase I would probably buy more if they would put out items that are worth it but again another cow , dog , dog house it's ****. And you are right people on here do complain alot for a semi free game but I'm sure you get that with other games as well. So either team lava is in it for the quick buck or they just don't care about what people are saying. My guess is the quick buck

Unregistered
08-17-10, 04:43 PM

Why not make a farm story deluxe and make it a pay game, I think people will pay uo to $30 if its only a one time fee and you could ern gems and coins

Unregistered
08-17-10, 09:42 PM

^ What you said. The actual cost to play the game with access to everything would rival even Blizzard's greedy setup.

Hawk 8
08-17-10, 09:46 PM
^ What you said. The actual cost to play the game with access to everything would rival even Blizzard's greedy setup.

But everyone loves Blizzard lol

Unregistered
08-18-10, 08:40 AM
I agree with you 100%. I paid like $80 for jems. Thats kinda stupid. I rather pay like $10 for the game, then keep buying jems. Its stupid, We need more jem offers or something. I cant keep paying.

I agree too. i haven't purchased any gems cuz i dont want to, i would have paid a couple bucks to buy the game and get gems for free. id really like to have a dog or another duck on my farm but i wont pay money for gems. the prices are a little over the top for me personally. or at least another way to get bonus gems or something. like trade in coins for gems every so often.

Mr. Ed
08-18-10, 10:11 PM
I don't necessarily agree with those that complain about the cost of the game. True that if you want a real pretty farm it will cost you some serious $$. The game can be played for free albiet (sic) without all the cute additions. Team Lava has bills to pay and it's understandable to raise cash in some way. How many of you would have tried the game if it were not free to start? Yes you may end up spending 10's of $ getting what you want in the end but would you have paid that up front? Like most i games it's free to start and you support it with game purchases. I can't think of a single game that does not do this unless it is from a major dev that can afford a free game. I have played the game for awhile without any purchases and am happy with it. I did manage to win the first "post your farm" giveaway and got 100 gems (all gone now) but not much to show for it. TL TAKE NOTE: the best that tl can do is follow the volume over quantity method and reduce the cost of gems to where avid (not finatic) players will shell out a couple of $$ for gems. Those tuT are dedicated will spend lots of $$$ but there Re many more that will spend $ to enhance there enjoyment. Take a hard look at your user base, would you rather get 2$ from most or 50$ from a select few?

Mr. Ed
08-18-10, 10:25 PM
One thing I would suggest now that you have the 'featured items' is to put gem items up for sale for coins on a limited time/quantity basis. I'd love to be able to buy a puppy for coins (assuming a reasonable cost) if it were offered for a limited time (quantity limits could be troublesome with a global user base and time zone differences). And can I pretty please have a cat?

Unregistered
08-19-10, 11:49 PM
FarmVille, FrontierVille, whatever, you go up a level you get one unit of paid game currency; you get to save for the things you like and getting the odd freebie actually makes people buy more of the paid content. Many here will say that the bonus gems for downloading other versions take the place of this system but I have only ever seen two prompts and with the highly suspect transition to version 1.5 there seems little chance of seeing more any time soon, I'd take the drip feed myself tyvm.

As it stands I've been tempted but have never paid for gems and cannot reasonably see myself ever doing so, while the game remains playable and enjoyably diverting for free I will stay.

Unregistered
08-21-10, 05:54 AM
First of all I would like to say. I love this game. It's a really fun and addictive game.There is just a couple of things I would like to see added. I like to build things with hay and fences. But something ground level that the color could be changed would be great. Like maybe make the limestone colors changeable like the hay. That way it could be used for water or other things. Second I would like to see a tractor and maybe a farmer. So it looks like someone lives there. Maybe make a farmer expansion with several farmers to choose from. Thanks again. Fantastic game

Unregistered
08-21-10, 12:14 PM
i really don't know why people ask for things team lava obviously isn't listening

Unregistered
08-21-10, 11:50 PM

How about exchanging coins for gems as well? I know this game is just like club penguin, You pay real dollars for gems to decorate your farm but the amount is quite a hefty sum. anyway, It's an alternative.

Unregistered
08-22-10, 11:38 AM
Could someone post the items?

Unregistered
08-24-10, 06:41 AM
Can som1 please tell me how you give & recieve gifts in farm story? I hav had neighbors send me gifts but there i don't kno how 2 get them or send them back!! Was there an upgrade I missed or wat!!

Unregistered
08-24-10, 12:33 PM
We were supposed supposed to have regular updates with new crops. We've been waiting for this one for 2 months and WHAT ?! ONLY 2 MORE CROPS !?

and days / 16 hours one to boot, when we really need here some new 8 hours or 2 hours ones...

I realize now you've been working on City Story and leaving Fram Story to the side, which I'm really upset about.

And you can add all gems items you want, I will NOT buy any gems. Can you please just respect all players by following your word and :
- listen (see all the suggestions !!)
- give new crops every week
- add stuff you can buy for coins !!!

thanks

An upset player

Unregistered
08-24-10, 03:38 PM
As CS has just had it's top lev increased to 75, does this mean that lvl 75 is going to be the maximum level in FS with no further progression. I have reached 75 and have nothing left to play for. No expansion - nothing. I can't even reset and start from scratch.

Although I haven't purchased gems I have invested my time in the game which I believe is equally important to the success of the game.

If you do not plan anymore levels can you at least unlock all the gem only items so we can buy them with coins on reaching level 75. Even if they are enormously expensive at least we have something to work towards and have fun redesigning our farms to incorporate them.

Unregistered
08-28-10, 06:30 PM
U now win gems when u master crops. I know, I won one mastering strawberries :). Thanks team lava, seems u are listening.

Unregistered
08-29-10, 03:40 AM
Narcissus
Marigold
Gloadiolus
Iris
Lettuce - lvl 48
Blueberry - lvl 52
Yam- lvl 57
Eggplant - lvl 61
Chili Pepper - lvl 66

Not sure what coinage and time is cos im only on lvl 41 lolz... but nice to see new stuff and something to work for

Unregistered
08-29-10, 05:49 AM
First of all I would like to say. I love this game. It's a really fun and addictive game.There is just a couple of things I would like to see added. I like to build things with hay and fences. But something ground level that the color could be changed would be great. Like maybe make the limestone colors changeable like the hay. That way it could be used for water or other things. Second I would like to see a tractor and maybe a farmer. So it looks like someone lives there. Maybe make a farmer expansion with several farmers to choose from. Thanks again. Fantastic game

I too would love to buy a farmer! And a wife and kids etc would be great to see some human life around the farms. Also how about some decent dogs, no offense but what use are those yappy dogs on a farm??? A english staffordshire would be great but I'd settle for a farm dog. Cat sounds great too!

Unregistered
08-29-10, 02:56 PM
Stop adding so many things that you have to pay with gems seriously all you guys have been adding is things you can only buy with gems and about 70% of f
the people can't buy gems mabye less or more it's just an estimation.

deadpix
08-30-10, 11:19 AM
Stop adding so many things that you have to pay with gems seriously all you guys have been adding is things you can only buy with gems and about 70% of f
the people can't buy gems mabye less or more it's just an estimation.

Uhh...which ones in the latest list of additions have to be paid for with gems?

On the other hand, I'd like to know why the eggplant is classified as a fruit?

Unregistered
08-30-10, 01:09 PM
On the other hand, I'd like to know why the eggplant is classified as a fruit?

Eggplants are berries and berries are fruits.

deadpix
08-30-10, 05:31 PM
Eggplants are berries and berries are fruits.

Ah! I see, they're classifying the crops by their botanical groupings and not by their uses.

Hmm, but then the tomato is botanically a fruit used mostly as vegetable though sometimes still as a fruit, but the eggplant is always treated as a vegetable ... Ahhh whatever! I guess it's ok since the United States Supreme Court has classified the tomato as a vegetable for taxation reasons ... ha! ha!

Unregistered
08-30-10, 06:43 PM
Ah! I see, they're classifying the crops by their botanical groupings and not by their uses.

Hmm, but then the tomato is botanically a fruit used mostly as vegetable though sometimes still as a fruit, but the eggplant is always treated as a vegetable ... Ahhh whatever! I guess it's ok since the United States Supreme Court has classified the tomato as a vegetable for taxation reasons ... ha! ha!
Yes, tomatoes are berries. Tomatoes are also listed under fruits in the game so there is no discrepancy in the classification in the game.

swati
08-31-10, 01:51 AM
Yes, tomatoes are berries. Tomatoes are also listed under fruits in the game so there is no discrepancy in the classification in the game.

Pumpkins & bell peppers are also technically fruits, but are listed under veggies in the game.

Greysider
09-22-10, 04:16 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new to the game and had a few questions that you could hopefully answer. How do I obtain gems other than buying them? Secondly, is there an easier way to get neighbors than asking strangers whom never respond.

Thanks,

Greysider

PS Invite me to be a neighbor if you need watering!

Unregistered
09-23-10, 05:40 AM
How do I obtain gems other than buying them?
1-way: Sometimes there are promo-offers if you install a new game, which give free gems to you.
2-way: As you plant more of the same crop, you'll get gold leaves and at some point a free gem, at the 2nd leaf, I think.

Secondly, is there an easier way to get neighbors than asking strangers whom never respond.
Well, around the forums there is a thread to "add me" with people's IDs for adding. Other than that, you just have to put yourself out there!

Unregistered
09-23-10, 02:19 PM

You all kill me. I've spent thousands of $$$ playing games like Vamps Live & Zombs Live. Yes, I have no life LOL. Remember, before complaining about buying gems, nobody's forcing you to do it. I suggest complaining before your thumb hits the purchase button. It will benefit your bank account if you do ;)

Unregistered
02-20-11, 09:08 AM
I think soicial is awesome because you get to invite people to be your neighbor

wesley
02-20-11, 09:11 AM
I think social is awesome because you get to invite people to be your neighbor

wesley
02-20-11, 09:16 AM
I think social is awesome because you get to invite people to be your neighbor.

Unregistered
02-20-11, 09:19 AM
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

wesley
02-20-11, 09:22 AM
I think social is awesome because you get to invite people to be your neighbor.

babyboo
02-21-11, 06:54 PM
1-way: Sometimes there are promo-offers if you install a new game, which give free gems to you.
2-way: As you plant more of the same crop, you'll get gold leaves and at some point a free gem, at the 2nd leaf, I think.

Well, around the forums there is a thread to "add me" with people's IDs for adding. Other than that, you just have to put yourself out there!

How does one get free gems if there are no promo offers to install a new game. I've been at it for weeks now and at lvl 30, I still have not encountered a promo offer.

Unregistered
02-22-11, 03:04 PM
The promo offers just pop up occasionally. I just bought a 48 gem house using gems from promo downloads, which i immediately delete after getting the gems, and from the gem you get from the seconf leaf of crop mastery. I won't buy gems because, for me, that takes the fun out of "earning" stuff. I still have a lot of 2nd level masteries to reach...plan on doing the surprise box next time...not the valentine one though since the panda scares me ;)

Most of the fun i have with farmstory is redesigning the farm. I can see though how that woukd get boring by level 70. I just hold out hope for more new items and crops to master to keep getting those gems!

ID SamAnika

Unregistered
03-02-11, 07:47 PM
I have gotten several pop ups offering to download other games and get Gems, so i downloaded but never got the Gems??? Has anyone else actually gotten any Gems and is there a method to this madness???

Unregistered
03-04-11, 02:57 PM
Hi you need to open the downloaded games and do one action to activate the gems. Sshhh than delete if u don't like it.

Unregistered
03-04-11, 07:55 PM
I have gotten several pop ups offering to download other games and get Gems, so i downloaded but never got the Gems??? Has anyone else actually gotten any Gems and is there a method to this madness???

After you download the game, you must open it. Then you will get the gems.
You can then get rid of it if you want.

JJEvans0047
03-04-11, 08:51 PM
Suggestions.......Log House, Goats, Rabbit Hutch, Frogs, Ponds....we have ducks and no pond for them to live in?
Just need a little more variety please!!!!

Unregistered
03-05-11, 02:41 PM
Suggestions.......Log House, Goats, Rabbit Hutch, Frogs, Ponds....we have ducks and no pond for them to live in?
Just need a little more variety please!!!!

I agree. Pls can we have new animals, crops and items that do not reqire gems. Crops that are ready between 15 mins and 2 hours would be good too.

Unregistered
03-07-11, 08:06 PM
i have decided the game is not worth my time, effort, or money. I'm glad I read the fora before paying anyyhing.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 12:28 PM
I've received the free gems, but only after I opened the game and proceeded through a page or 2 to get a message showing that I will receive gems, but I have to click on 'accept' first.

lilbune
03-09-11, 02:21 AM
How do I retrieve gifts from inventory

Unregistered
03-09-11, 04:58 PM
what about adding spices......oregano, parsley, etc. and a moving tractor. have farmers walking around farming their business. after all, you can have zombies in restaurant and bakery moving along. so come on now. give us something new. people are seriously getting bored or have left my nbr. list................................

Unregistered
03-09-11, 05:52 PM
Use your 8million coins to buy gazebos which give u 300xp then delete the gazebos u still keep the xp. You will level up very quickly & it's much easier than crops.

I also agree are team lava listening everyone seems to be asking fir the same items eg a tractor! Not extremely expensive dogs!!!

Yes! A tractor would be good!

bigtornado88
06-12-11, 10:13 AM
How do you build from ground up?