PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunt Season 7?

PikaSquirrel
05-11-17, 04:34 PM
Hey Kings and Queens!

We've received reports of an increase in Monsters in surrounding areas of Glimmerwood. It's possible they're plotting their next attack...

We need to be fully prepared! Please send us any feedback you have on the previous Monster Hunts we've had!

What did you enjoy the most about the event?
What did you least enjoy about the event?
What do you want to see be done differently?
Anything new you want to see in the next one?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

ninjalejones
05-11-17, 04:47 PM
1) They're wild and so much fun, it's constant action!

2) It ended too soon

3) Restore energy crates as prizes for completing daily tastks of 5 Fangbeasts etc.

4) New animals in the MRC and a continuation on the locket story arch and raise the limit on the Glimmer ali to 4 like the armored ali.

PrincessCupOButter
05-11-17, 06:03 PM
Enjoyed most: The surprise 'extras' from the trades...towers, walls, etc.
Enjoyed least: The fact that spawn rates seemed to be extremely low. And the season was too short.
Done differently: * Maybe add new/different surprise drops from the trades * Return the energy crate rewards for the daily goals
Something new: * New/special monsters to fight * New items in the trade wagon and in the MRC

ktorewqas
05-11-17, 07:11 PM
1) I enjoy to hunt and be able to do other tasks. now I will say to build up inventory for elves ;)
2) too short and less
3) different thing: please add more type of monsters like naga, bear, pirates etc so we can hunt more, more and more lol
4) new: please make maximum number of tokens to be like 999 :rolleyes:

dipwid
05-11-17, 08:05 PM
I liked the statues to commemorate each event-that also dropped tokens and had a use in the event and in new ones.
Perhaps while ****ing monsters we might collect items to craft the monsters we fight. I liked the trades and might like to see some new ones added.

FrostedThings
05-11-17, 09:36 PM
The monster hunts are always too short. I still am only half way to getting the kitchen while others seem to have billions of monster hunt coins. Also, maybe add a new way or two for us to get the golden coins.

coolssp
05-11-17, 10:52 PM
Loved the ability to craft purple Alicorns!!! For someone without love shack, they've been a blessing...

But was disappointed when in last season you didn't get energy crates :(

Lyzau
05-11-17, 10:57 PM
- it has simple tasks and wonderful rewards, hope to see some added.

- too short

- not a lot, I really enjoyed them as they are!

- possibility to purchase an additional Beastbane Display.
- more lovely surprise drops of rare walls, towers and arches

cavegirl1
05-12-17, 03:10 AM
As well as what everyone else has said :)

Enjoyed - the fact that it works through normal game play that triggers monsters, as well as having the extras (means we don't have to ignore everything in our King/queendom while it is on, as we do for other recent events)

Least enjoyed - not long enough

Done differently - don't change the drops from prizes ...

Something new - new trades that require a different mix of tokens. (e.g. Shield And staff tokens, sword and staff tokens) as this gives more flexibility when maxed on any of these
(Added - or maybe some new land in which to hunt monsters ;) )

hkcorrigan
05-12-17, 03:49 AM
Enjoyed most:
- daily goals of troll, direbeast, and fangbeasts/skunkupines with energy crate prizes
- MRC crafts
- Trades
- event statues, especially ones that drop tokens for completing goals
- bundle offer with traps and energy
- daily goal that included both fangbeast and skunkupine
- beastbane display

Enjoyed least:
- limits on MRC crafts (if purple Ali is limited to one, please return its original energy drop)
- change after event to crafted item drops
- last event was too short and monster spawn rate was noticeably decreased

New or different:
- add monsters like flyger or other monsters we've been fighting all year for these events
- spawning from more sources
- new MRC crafts, maybe some without gold tokens
- new trades in wagon
- beastbane sale
- more options to get gold tokens

Don't change:
- Basic format of event! It is fun, relaxing, and not too taxing. It's nice to be able to do normal play during the event.

Thank you for asking for our input!!!

rulerofjennyville
05-12-17, 04:11 AM
I enjoyed it because it was an event I could do. If they make it a deal where the monsters show up much more rarely than the past I won't enjoy it and won't bother to participate. I don't want to see anything done differently because "differently" equals "lets make the monsters so rare this event is practically impossible" like it does for their other events. Nothing new in the next one just make it go on long enough to get something off of it. I don't think we'll be getting a monster hunt, however - we're more likely to get another leaderboard event.

cavegirl1
05-12-17, 04:23 AM
I don't think we'll be getting a monster hunt, however - we're more likely to get another leaderboard event.

To be fair, this thread was created by Pikasquirrel, from S8, so I think that is a very positive sign we will get another monster hunt :). Maybe not as the next event, but hopefully in the very near future.

flowerqueen007
05-12-17, 04:41 AM
Enjoy : the event is as busy as you want/need it to be, there is no down time, if you have the energy you can just keep hunting.
Dont enjoy : the caps on the tokens especially the two lower "value" ones
Do differently : use some of the different monsters we have had lately.
Make it better : new crafts in the mrc, maybe a special drop from a monster that we can use in a side game like the mine in Fantasy forest, a new building where we could design our own cow, horse, sheep and chicken, dont have to have different drops but a herd of rainbow cows might be fun.

mayennalee
05-12-17, 04:54 AM
The monster hunts are always too short. I still am only half way to getting the kitchen while others seem to have billions of monster hunt coins. Also, maybe add a new way or two for us to get the golden coins.

Yes to all this. Actually attaining something would be good. Having them go for longer to assist those who cant play multiple times every day

GlvtenFree
05-12-17, 04:57 AM
would love to trade gold troll tokens for a FLYGER

peachtreeshoppe
05-12-17, 05:02 AM
I agree with a lot of above comments... last one felt very short, spawn rates felt somewhat low, I appreciate the daily goals so days I can play more I can work to achieve them, and I much prefer when they give the energy crates.

Would be nice to add new alicorns to mythic research center which I have, or something to make the other building different from what we have. I didn't get that one yet.

I also prefer when the statues drop something. I keep my three animals in hopes the hunt will be back.

Love the flygers! If they come back and we can make a statue from them now or down the line, that'd be great.

kdgulle
05-12-17, 01:51 PM
I have always liked the monster hunts. They used to be every few months then dropped off. One of the changes I would love to get back is the reward of energy crates for the daily monster quests. I still have quite a few saved up to use on a quest where I gotta have the prizes. If we could get the crates back.

Some new helpful prizes would be good as well. I'm still working on the cooking camp as a long time player. Another potion shop would be great. We could trade in gold coins for that. Even a building with a one gem drop a day for 99 gold coins I think that's a great incentive but you need to bring back the every 6 weeks or 2 months monster hunt.

Other than that please don't make any major changes. I've always liked the original monster hunt then you've started making changes some good, some not so good. I'd like the few bad changes to come back. Especially the crates.

cheers196
05-12-17, 02:44 PM
would love to trade gold troll tokens for a FLYGER

I was just thinking the other day how I would love to participate in an event in which I can get a pet flyger or two!!

Zirilka
05-12-17, 03:45 PM
The only thing I disliked about monster hunt is the fact that in spite of being level 50, there has been only ONE of those since I have be*** playing CS (mind you, I own the Beastbane and I'm maxed on all tokens except for the goldies, naturally).

LocalNews
05-13-17, 06:17 AM
I bought the locket but there has been nothing to do with it. I really like this event. It is one f the most enjoyable. I will be looking forward to this starting up again.

LocalNews
05-13-17, 06:19 AM
I bought the locket but there has been nothing to do with it. It is one of the most enjoyable Castle Story events. I will be looking forward to this starting up again. Really hope we get some energy crates.

EsmeW2
05-13-17, 12:52 PM
The first few seasons weren't good for Android players. This got resolved in the later seasons, but I've still got a long way to go. As long as everything works OK for Android I'll be happy.

I'm still quite a way off getting the mythic research centre, so it would be good to know that monster hunts would be scheduled into the game every few months. That would make it worth making an effort to play as much as possible while the hunt is on. And some new things to get with the gold coins might have to be introduced for players who are further along with getting gold coins.

And as quite a few other players have mentioned I'd really like to see something happening with the locket story. I never purchased it because the story didn't go any further, so it's still sitting in my goal book.

jbfps116
05-13-17, 02:46 PM
a monster hunt should have at least slightly higher spawn rates.

bjkingdom8id
05-13-17, 05:18 PM
I agree with better spawn rates, something new with the locket story(although I believe that started in the main storyline), when the event first started we would get gold coins from the special monsters that would be nice to have again but at least energy crates would be helpful, being able to gift coins again would be good, always like new options for Mrc, and I would like a sale on the beastbane display!

Ida877
05-14-17, 10:38 AM
Thank god, I've just realised a few weeks ago that I need monster hunts to get ridd of the goal Loreleis fountain. I aldeady have some tokens but didnt know what to do with them. Anyway, I cant wait, start it asap please :)))

puzzlecatz
05-14-17, 01:21 PM
Higher cap on glimmer alicorn ️s please. Au one point there was no limit and some people have several. I spent last hunt gathering enough gold tokens for my mythic research centre and when I finally got it glimmer alicorn ️s were capped at one. I was really disappointed with this as I was hoping to craft more. I crafted one and went on to craft some dragons and when I came back to craft another glimmer alicorn option was gone. Ouch. Also the last hunt was way to short.

Wonkaland99
05-14-17, 02:39 PM
I have been very half-hearted with CS the last few weeks and did not finish the last 2 events.
A monster hunt will definitly rekindle my interest, and I hope there will be a return of some of our favourite beasts, especially raccoon and flyger.
Please let it last 3 weeks and have a respectable spawn rate.

candie1230
05-14-17, 07:59 PM
Bring back energy crates!!!! Can we also have a craftable love shack?????? PLEASE!!!!!!!

idrispad
05-15-17, 03:05 AM
Ugh. I find them tedious beyond belief. Ever since the fiasco with the mythic research centre I have no interest in the monster hunts.

brigadoon365
05-15-17, 09:03 PM
Enjoy the hunts for a different pace. Need to be longer and have an announced end date in game so we know how much time we have. Get rid of the Ali cap. Gold tokens are hard enough to get and buying the MRC already cost a fortune. It should have more worthwhile returns available.

morsith
05-15-17, 09:54 PM
Something new - A stronger sword that hits 2-3 instead of 1-2. Would be really useful even after the event for creatures like the flyer, nagas or bears that are 10 and don't drop energy

PurpleScorpion76
05-16-17, 02:02 AM
Hey Kings and Queens!

We've received reports of an increase in Monsters in surrounding areas of Glimmerwood. It's possible they're plotting their next attack...

We need to be fully prepared! Please send us any feedback you have on the previous Monster Hunts we've had!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I like the ability to craft new animals, I would also like to see more animals for crafting. Not necessarily different versions of the same animals (although another Alicorn wouldn't go amiss), but maybe something different i.e. Phoenix, Centaur, Hippogriff etc. I loved the daily challenges to also earn extra energy boxes and obviously the troll tokens. Maybe some decorations to craft?

Least enjoyed only getting around 15 gold tokens each event. With some craft or purchase prizes you need a few hunts (sometimes a years worth of events) to accumulate enough tokens for one item. Hence keeping the events fairly regular is a must, or drop the requirements in number.

3. Please don't change the goalposts half way through events or even after. Some people work in different ways and will consequently have advantages over others if things are changed.

Thanks for asking.

allisisland77
05-16-17, 09:16 AM
PLEASE get rid of the dire boars! Hate those guys :( but love the hunts :) and please continue the locket storyline and add some expansions would love to see what's going on in the lower area that we can't get to :) oh more ways to get gold tokens would be nice since there are so many things to use them for now. Thx :)

islandtyme
05-16-17, 01:48 PM
Fun and fast paced. Probably my favorite.

Too short.

Original purple Alicorn dropped 40 energy. Then you changed to only able being able to have one purple alicorn, gold needed to craft dropped and you took the energy drops down to 4-8. If we can only have one, and new players dont have the love hut, it would be nice to have the extra energy.
Last, the energy crates were really nice as a reward. You stopped that last hunt.

Different monsters. Longer timeline. Provide a timeline. Chances to earn more gold tokens.

Thank you for asking for our input.

doodledoo20000
05-16-17, 04:55 PM
Please don't discontinue prizes before android players are able to catch up!

hexappeal
05-16-17, 05:02 PM
Whoo hoo! A monster Hunt!
Great suggestions. My wish for the upcoming hunt is for my gorgeous peacock to actually supply me some lightning ( er energy)
My peacock is actually a chicken born in a peacock body. Every time I collect and it clucks, I ask it for it's pronouns.
( Yes...I'm very PC in my queendoom)

tamaraalexisreave
05-17-17, 07:35 AM
Id be happy with just a monster hunt. Thanks!

mojcar
05-17-17, 09:02 PM
I like that there is not as much pressure as with the usual timed events.

I would like to have the option to trade just the sword tokens for the staff or even the other ones. Because for some reason I always have too many of those and I dislike having to let them go to waste.

I liked the energy crates as prizes a lot. And there used to be gem rewards too, right? And those disappeared...

rainsunset
05-18-17, 05:57 AM
I enjoyed monster hunt a lot.

But it's very seldom event. So I would like to have this event more often or I'll never collect enough tolkens for a kitchen.

May be to have more days for a monster hunt. It was 10-12 days, wasn't it?

About the reward for the day (reaching fighting goals) I think it's better to change rewards so 1 season it's energy crates and another is tokens.

And of course can it be that more monsters appear when the season starts ;)

barbarix
05-18-17, 10:28 AM
Like: Something every day and not too terrible if you miss a day or cannot play so much in a day
Dislike: Low drops, wrong monsters showing up (disable the bulls for the event...)
New: New weapon might be interesting, like the idea of hippogriffs and centaurs
And: May be something to use what we have but have never used, like the purple fur from purple cow or the green emeralds and other stones...make something extra for the long term players and something easy with a useful prize for the newer ones (glimmerdust, royal cow, big mushroom)

littelprincess0313
05-18-17, 11:03 AM
Hey :) I really like Monster hunts and would love to have it for a longer time so we will be able to trade in more tokens :)

Nosysew
05-18-17, 01:06 PM
What I liked most was the ability to get another kitchen. Would like the chance to get one!
What I like least is the spawn rate for the lowest goal was always poor. Also it would be nice to know how many days the hunt runs for.
I agree that some new monsters would be fun, as long as we get some energy returned from our ****s. It's really not fun to lose all your energy to **** monsters. I can't play every two hours!
Everyone wants Ali's,and if you offer them as a prize don't change your mind about what it will drop!

SpiritWind00
05-18-17, 06:53 PM
I would really like to see a different way to spawn monsters. I'm max on crops, flowers, wood, stone etc etc and so trying to find a monster doesn't yield any 'goodies'. I would like the goals to include spawning from new items we build or new items with new drops as an incentive to collect from loads of places.

More time to complete / able to complete the hunt goals by just playing a couple of hours after work / really high spawn rates / 1 off craft with a really high energy return - like 50 minimum.

PikaSquirrel
06-02-17, 02:40 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your feedback!

candie1230
06-02-17, 06:33 PM
New hunt starts Thursday... just got an in game pop up, previewing it!!!!!

SpiritWind00
06-02-17, 06:37 PM
new (closed) thread started in anticipation! :) You can discuss the upcoming event in the Sneak Peek thread. This thread is now closed as feedback deadline now concluded.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?99145-Castle-Story-6-8-Monster-Hunt!!!!!

kdgulle
06-02-17, 06:38 PM
I hope they took our suggestions and make this the best hunt yet.