PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 5/4 - Storybook event | The Knight's Tale | *4 day timed poll added*

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Zirilka
05-13-17, 02:48 AM
I realised I will not be able to complete the event as I am travelling all day Sunday and Sunday is my day 10. Hence my question to those who finished already: do you reckon the steed is an investment worth gemming through? I'd need to unlock the last day earlier and I'm not sure if I should be bothered.

Andro45
05-13-17, 03:30 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but are there any Game of Thrones fans here?

I ask because Moffrey sure does resemble Joffrey. Even his cocky expression looks like him. Not to mention Moffrey's bragging about things he'll be getting on his "name day," and being first of his name. :D

I was pretty amused by this, especially since I'm rewatching every season in preparation for the new one. :)

Hehe, Gemma would be Arya then? :D Unfortunately HBO stopped activity in our country, so we'll have look for alternatives come august :(

Low level players need 50 furs for chapter 8, goal 2.

If everything goes according to plan, I will make it...Now waiting for chapter 9 to start.

cheers196
05-13-17, 05:06 AM
This never happened to me before but the neighbor requests counter is stuck at 12 in one of my kingdom and 18 in the other. I know I received all 20 already. I counted. I force closed and restarted the game a few time already. What else should I do? It sucks if I can't finish because of this!

papaservice
05-13-17, 05:35 AM
This never happened to me before but the neighbor requests counter is stuck at 12 in one of my kingdom and 18 in the other. I know I received all 20 already. I counted. I force closed and restarted the game a few time already. What else should I do? It sucks if I can't finish because of this!

Oh no, that happened to me too in the first neighbor request. I even tried reinstalled the game. I had to re request the next day. Now I'm worried.

ShibuyaCloth
05-13-17, 05:41 AM

Same for me first blocked at 12, then jumped at 18, it is now waiting there. Well I have time until the timer runs out, but still.

EsmeW2
05-13-17, 05:42 AM
I just wanted to say that I think the community support today for the 'thanks' responses has been FANTASTIC! I've got it all to go through again tomorrow on my other game, which is a day behind, but I'm so grateful for so many speedy responses. Such a stupid goal to have in the last chapter, but we've got beyond it!

It's been exactly the opposite of the horrible competitiveness that happened at the end of that last awful leaderboard event. I love the way the community has pulled together. Community support and this forum are a big part of the reason why I'm still playing this game after two and a half years. Awesome players!

sophiensissi
05-13-17, 06:05 AM
I will be on all day to respond to requests if you need more

Gleukos
05-13-17, 06:08 AM
I'm on level 34 but I didn't unlock boars yet. I didn't notice that requirement; I was trying to get the 10 golden eggs. So I guess I can't complete this quest either. (My knights finally found the wisps and I started chapter4!) Is it even worth trying to craft a frizzly bear? 400 teeth are a LOT! Are the dark and light lilies only decorative after the quest ends?

You can unlock the boars by defeating the troll king at end of the "Thurston the Knight" quest line and placing Troll Pit.
Boar spawning increases dramatically by doing the "Troll Tribe part 1" quest line. Spawning of boars goes back to normal levels when you build the Swampy Pond.

cheers196
05-13-17, 06:11 AM

So I sent a neighbor request to Stormie after the counter got stuck. I received the response and that one counted. Now I am stuck at 13 and 19.

jessiefromshimerville
05-13-17, 06:21 AM
It took 4 tries for me to get the knights helm, which I thought was short for me. I am not usually so lucky

jessiefromshimerville
05-13-17, 06:23 AM
Where do we collect bones? I see we need them for chapter 10 but i am not finding them. I found my inventory on page 62. It says you must slay monsters.

icydove
05-13-17, 06:28 AM

Oh no, that happened to me too in the first neighbor request. I even tried reinstalled the game. I had to re request the next day. Now I'm worried.

Same for me first blocked at 12, then jumped at 18, it is now waiting there. Well I have time until the timer runs out, but still.

I have had this problem during the last several events. The requests are returned in the news section, yet the counter doesn't count them. I sent my requests out very sparingly on chapter 7, and things seem to progress slowly but smoothly. Today, I have only sent out requests to the people who returned chapter 7 requests or those who have sent me requests today so I know they are actively playing. 10 have showed up in the news section; only 4 are counting. If Storm8 is going to require neighbor requests on the last day of an event, they need to fix the system.

sophiensissi
05-13-17, 06:35 AM
Where do we collect bones? I see we need them for chapter 10 but i am not finding them. I found my inventory on page 62. It says you must slay monsters.

From THE HUB:
Bone
Found: fangbeast, trolls, dire boars, lovecupines, Ivy's hut, troll pit, troll castle, spooky tree, Gentleman Troll (Baron's Tent prize), L10 Colosseum, Friendly Werewolf, Haunted Castle, Merry Reindeer

sophiensissi
05-13-17, 06:37 AM
I have had this problem during the last several events. The requests are returned in the news section, yet the counter doesn't count them. I sent my requests out very sparingly on chapter 7, and things seem to progress slowly but smoothly. Today, I have only sent out requests to the people who returned chapter 7 requests or those who have sent me requests today so I know they are actively playing. 10 have showed up in the news section; only 4 are counting. If Storm8 is going to require neighbor requests on the last day of an event, they need to fix the system.

I sent my request to all neighbors a half hour ago and am at 18. Hoping those last two come through quickly. They did a few days ago.

Ki250
05-13-17, 07:09 AM
It took 6 Frizzly Bear slayings for me to get the Knight's Helm. 342 Frizzly Bear Teeth. 17 hours before Chapter 10 starts. I still have 1 day and 16 hours. Hopefully my neighbors respond quickly. Good luck to all who are still working towards the steed. :)

freddy1343
05-13-17, 07:21 AM
It took 6 Frizzly Bear slayings for me to get the Knight's Helm. 342 Frizzly Bear Teeth. 17 hours before Chapter 10 starts. I still have 1 day and 16 hours. Hopefully my neighbors respond quickly. Good luck to all who are still working towards the steed. :)

Den8137259
05-13-17, 07:23 AM
★ I started on the day the notification showed up n I have about 17 hours remaining .. hope the glitch be fixed n all could get the 20 request bouquet in time .. ★

★ it seemed like the crafting of steed is an independent event .. there is no timer, same as the bear ★

★ I will be picking the white sliver steed (: ★ GL to all ★

hagypagy
05-13-17, 07:36 AM
Just finished up :D
Got my White Steed crafting now. :)
All in all a great quest.

Really wish the Knights Tribute was 2x1 in stead of 2x2 ... Will end up in storage now :(

Seems we're getting another monster hunt soon! :cool:

Hope we get some main story and/or expansions soon too!!

FlowerBurst
05-13-17, 07:47 AM
I am not getting credit for all of the bouquet requests I received--have force closed and shut down several times but still no change.

cheers196
05-13-17, 07:59 AM
I am not getting credit for all of the bouquet requests I received--have force closed and shut down several times but still no change.

I received all the 20 responses to my requests within the first hour as I always do. I have many awesome neighbors. But the counter has been stuck at 13 in one of my kingdom and 19 in the other for 7 hours now...

storiadelcastello
05-13-17, 08:14 AM
I am flying on my day ten. Would it be better to gem ahead so I can send my neighbour requests the day before or would it take less gems to skip the neighbour requests. I think I read that day 10 neighbour requests used less gems than day 7.
I also had a terrible time with getting replies. I sent them out at around 8:30 in the morning and at 1:30 the following morning I still hadn't got the last 1. Woke up with all 20 this morning so very worried about day 10. I only sent to active neighbours who visit me or requested from me so I know they are playing too.

caron7
05-13-17, 08:20 AM

love your picture!!! did she slay the savage Frizzly for you? at least then the elves would be helping!!

riverly
05-13-17, 08:32 AM
Freddy that picture is great! Love it.

trilogylass
05-13-17, 08:38 AM
I, too, am stuck on 16 responses....it's been 8 hrs and nada. I always get all my responses within few hours...my neighbors are awesome! I have force closed several times and am getting a tad stressed out...I don't want to spend gems to move on.

FlowerBurst
05-13-17, 08:42 AM
I received all the 20 responses to my requests within the first hour as I always do. I have many awesome neighbors. But the counter has been stuck at 13 in one of my kingdom and 19 in the other for 7 hours now...

There must be a lag in the system--my number just jumped up. One of my neighbor's counter registered zero for 4 hours and then the counter jumped up to 20.

barbarix
05-13-17, 08:43 AM
Yes, my neighbors have also been awesome, the thanks came in within five hours - Thank you all! And am refreshing all the time to make sure I do not miss any of your requests.

ipaddolo
05-13-17, 08:48 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but are there any Game of Thrones fans here?

I ask because Moffrey sure does resemble Joffrey. Even his cocky expression looks like him. Not to mention Moffrey's bragging about things he'll be getting on his "name day," and being first of his name. :D

I was pretty amused by this, especially since I'm rewatching every season in preparation for the new one. :)

i noticed the "first of his name" bit and sure Gemma looks like Arya :) well played developers, well played :)

meme1098
05-13-17, 09:05 AM
S8---I know it's the weekend & you most likely won't see this, but having to make requests on the last day of a goal is just cruel & inhumane. All the players that started on Day 1 are now flooding your servers with requests & that will continue again tomorrow (again when no one will be around).
I know you need to make money but when you drive players away with these inane goals, your revenue will dry up faster than a new version by Microsoft needs to be patched. :D

cheers196
05-13-17, 09:07 AM

Any change from 18?

Scratte717
05-13-17, 09:08 AM
i noticed the "first of his name" bit and sure Gemma looks like Arya :) well played developers, well played :)

Can you guess which song I am singing now when fighting bears? ;) Bear, bear and maiden fair ... :)

justmine2
05-13-17, 09:10 AM
I have been checking my game about every hour to answer request as quickly as possible, but my game is running very behind for some reason,. Actually all 3 of my Storm 8 games are having extremely bad lag and the no internet access pop up! Even getting this forum to load took a while ☹️

jewelsagain
05-13-17, 09:13 AM
I've asked all of my awesome neighbors & know I've gotten over 20 Knights bouquets but I've been stuck on 14 for hours. This big happens every time we have a timed storyline. I have forced closed multiple times even resent requests to all & it said you already requested today please help

Scratte717
05-13-17, 09:21 AM
I am stuck on 17 answers. And I know that quite a few neighbors are online, I just got and answered their requests that were sent only minutes ago. I do not think that they ignore me on purpose...

cheers196
05-13-17, 09:33 AM
I am stuck on 17 answers. And I know that quite a few neighbors are online, I just got and answered their requests that were sent only minutes ago. I do not think that they ignore me on purpose...

It's not them, your neighbors. I think your counter is stuck like others who posted here this morning with the same problem including me. I know for sure I received 20 responses already. I wrote down the names of my neighbors who responded, and there are 20 of them.

hoplatralala
05-13-17, 09:48 AM
I, too, am stuck on 16 responses....it's been 8 hrs and nada. I always get all my responses within few hours...my neighbors are awesome! I have force closed several times and am getting a tad stressed out...I don't want to spend gems to move on.

Me too. Stuck at 13 responses for the last ten hours. Never happened to me before! My stress level is rising...

Zummat
05-13-17, 09:48 AM
I got to 18 bouquets and then spent the gems. I had everything else in inventory to complete the quest and my dark knight steed is crafting. But the timer is gone now and I don't know if I'll get a tame frizzly bear as I only have 376 teeth. Fighting this many frizzly bears is monotonous and boring. Having to give away 70 teeth was just mean.

coolssp
05-13-17, 09:50 AM
I was stuck on 19 after the first hour for 7 hours although I counted 20 responses and 1 from Stromie... finally just got frustrated and paid 6 gems to skip

dollyjanet
05-13-17, 09:58 AM
Im blocked too,this has happened to me before,so the whole of this event was a waste of time, not worth taking part if this carries on,

darthkris
05-13-17, 10:01 AM
My counter for the bouquets is also stuck on 18.
Very angry with this because I have many active neighbours in different time zones and somehow I feel betrayed...
So short to the final goal they want us to spend gems.

sophiensissi
05-13-17, 10:03 AM
I'm stuck at 19 and typically I get them all right away. It's a game issue for sure. At least it's 19 and not stuck at 5 because they cost 6 gems each. I will spend the 6 gems if it doesn't work soon.

kattkrazie
05-13-17, 10:11 AM
This is definitely confusing. I'm getting requests for the Knights Scrolls and hate to send them if those neighbors have already moved on since it will prevent them from getting the 20 they need for Chapter 10. Unless they are actually on Chapter 7 and need the scrolls. Keep in mind that some of you whose timer appears to be stuck might also be getting old responses for the scrolls as well as the bouquets. You can tell by seeing if the scrolls in your inventory have increased. The bouquets don't show up in inventory so you have to depend on the number showing in the storybook to know how many have come through.

cheers196
05-13-17, 10:17 AM
This is definitely confusing. I'm getting requests for the Knights Scrolls and hate to send them if those neighbors have already moved on since it will prevent them from getting the 20 they need for Chapter 10. Unless they are actually on Chapter 7 and need the scrolls. Keep in mind that some of you whose timer appears to be stuck might also be getting old responses for the scrolls as well as the bouquets. You can tell by seeing if the scrolls in your inventory have increased. The bouquets don't show up in inventory so you have to depend on the number showing in the storybook to know how many have come through.

I thought it might be because of the old request, so I checked my inventory. The scroll counts stayed the same.

Zirilka
05-13-17, 10:27 AM

What I did is the following:

1. I sent out about 10 requests to my most rusted and always active friends.
2. Then each time when I logged in, I was accepting requests from my friends and sending immediately my own to them thinking that those who sent out will also be checking in often.
3. I was done with requests in couple of hours.

sophiensissi
05-13-17, 10:30 AM
I'm stuck at 19 and typically I get them all right away. It's a game issue for sure. At least it's 19 and not stuck at 5 because they cost 6 gems each. I will spend the 6 gems if it doesn't work soon.

Thank you TT! I accepted neighbor request and sent you request. I appreciate it!

freddy1343
05-13-17, 10:31 AM
love your picture!!! did she slay the savage Frizzly for you? at least then the elves would be helping!!

She piled on to protect the Frizzly! Lucky to get out of that one alive!

FlowerBurst
05-13-17, 10:32 AM
Mine is definitely not the scrolls. My counter has jumped three times since I sent out requests--I now have 15/20, but it still does not match the number I have received based on my News Feed. Very frustrating!

rilette
05-13-17, 11:04 AM
What I did is the following:

1. I sent out about 10 requests to my most rusted and always active friends.
2. Then each time when I logged in, I was accepting requests from my friends and sending immediately my own to them thinking that those who sent out will also be checking in often.
3. I was done with requests in couple of hours.
I have done the same and receive in 2 hours all roses.
As soon I send neighbors request I ask them.
But I follow what was written and controlled active players and send only at 40 at previous chapter for scrolls.
Thks at those that add me because I now have much more active players.
this morning I stay online 3-4 hours to send all roses to my neighbors.
thks at the forum I have now my white steed.
Good luck for all that are trying.

Scratte717
05-13-17, 11:11 AM
For me unfortunately amount in news feed and in goal matches. Still - no responses since 5 hours ago, this does not look like my neighbors at all...
And amount of scrolls has not changed

puzzlecatz
05-13-17, 11:11 AM
Ok. So I am on the last day where you have to receive thanks from 20 friends. 19 have responde d as of 5 hours ago and even though I have requested from about 150 friends it is still stuck on 19. Help! When I try asking other friends it will not let me.. I have tried force quitting the game to no avail. So close to the end and the last hours are ticking away....

riverly
05-13-17, 11:31 AM
A great quest? Are you in lala land? Read the forumi kinda liked the quest too BUT! so far I have dodged all the snafus. Hope my luck holds out.

Added: I have not done the dreaded bouquet requests yet.

riverly
05-13-17, 11:37 AM
The Knights Trial has to be crafted and placed before the timer is out.
Correct? So 3 hour craft time. I would not depend on the timer too much. Don't cut it too close. The timer is not very accurate some times.

annieo2
05-13-17, 11:42 AM
Chapter 9:
Goal 1 Slay Frizzly Bears 0/15 Go
Goal 2 Give Frizzly Bear Tooth 0/70 Give
Goal 3 Find the Knight's Helm 0/1 Go | (I found the knight's helm after fighting just 2 bears. Kattkrazie)

So it was that Squire Gemma saved the kingdom...with a little bit of help. A ceremony was to be held in her honor, so all in the land would know the true qualities of a knight.
Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Receive Thanks. (Get these from neighbors!) 0/20 Ask
Goal 2 Build the Knight's Tribute. (Let the ceremony commence!) 0/1 Go | Market, 100 coins. Build: 50 jewels, 75 bones, 20 knight's bracers, 10 golden eggs
Goal 3 Complete the Knight's Trial. (Use the rewarded scroll to claim a Knight's Steed!) 0/1 Go | Magic Forge, 3 hours - 1 Plushy Knight's Sword and 1 Knight's Helm

After you place the Knight's Trial, you receive a Knight's Writ. You can craft either a black steed or white steed.
You'll need 1 Knight's Writ, 25 glimmerdust, and 10 light petals for white horse or 10 black petals for black horse.

Im just in the process of crafting the knights tribute, i went to craft something else in my other forge and noticed my knights helm was missing as the ingredient to be able to craft the knights trial (the next step i need to complete after i finish crafting the knights tribute in the other forge) ive looked in my inventory and it isnt there, is it just a goitch? And will it be there by tge time i get to chapyer 10 goal 3? I must have received it as cgapter 9 fir it to let me proceed

riverly
05-13-17, 11:50 AM
The Knights Tribute has to be crafted? I did not know that.
I'm not on Ch 10 yet.

Gleukos
05-13-17, 11:52 AM
I am now on chapter 6 trying to fight 20 bears.
But yesterday I was home and played all day long, I get only dire boars all day. I get only 5 bears. How it is possible ?

I will never be able to finish the quest.
If someone want to add me I respond quest quickly.

If you are in the middle of the Troll Tribe part 1 goal, story arc, you will preferentially summon dire boars over bears from pond/wells. You need to complete the story arc by making the "swampy pond". This will bring back the bears.

annieo2
05-13-17, 12:11 PM
I'm not on Ch 10 yet.

Think ive got that wrong i just gemed through and had the ability to craft the steed, so must have been up to goal 3

kattkrazie
05-13-17, 12:13 PM
I'm not on Ch 10 yet.

It doesn't have to be crafted, just built.

kattkrazie
05-13-17, 12:14 PM
Think ive got that wrong i just gemed through and had the ability to craft the steed, so must have been up to goal 3

Lol. You are further ahead than you realized. Congrats!

msmorg
05-13-17, 12:27 PM
If I'm understanding the posts related to chapter 10, which doesn't open until the last day of the event, we have to rely on 20 neighbors responding to our request before the event timer expires the same day? Why would they design the event so you are put in that position of not finishing waiting on someone else? Usually all neighbor requests are in earlier chapters. I am waiting to start Chapter 9 tomorrow and my timer says I only have 2 more days.

Scratte717
05-13-17, 12:28 PM
Knights Tribute is just built, but then you have to craft Knights Trial (3 hours)

cheers196
05-13-17, 12:32 PM
Kings Tribute is just built, but then you have to craft Kings Trial (3 hours)

Were all your neighbor's responses counted so you could complete the part 1?

ShibuyaCloth
05-13-17, 12:35 PM
Any change from 18?

Nearly 10 hours blocked at 18. So I fear that some old request from the scrolls have blocked the counter. So unless I pay 12 gems, there is not chance for me to get the steed.

riverly
05-13-17, 12:37 PM
If I'm understanding the posts related to chapter 10, which doesn't open until the last day of the event, we have to rely on 20 neighbors responding to our request before the event timer expires the same day? Why would they design the event so you are put in that position of not finishing waiting on someone else? Usually all neighbor requests are in earlier chapters. I am waiting to start Chapter 9 tomorrow and my timer says I only have 2 more days.i hope I didn't mislead people about the timer. My point was intended for players who are on Ch 10 and basically on the final countdown. In the past, that is the part that have tripped players up. So I was just saying to give a little leeway as far as timing is concerned on the last day.
You are Ok. You will still have 24 hours on each of your chapters

I agree though. Having this on the last day and especially 2 in the same event is giving players a hard time.

kinetikos
05-13-17, 12:37 PM
When do the Bears stop? I have finished the quests, and my steed is crafting. I only have 234 bear teeth. How much longer do I have to craft the bear. Will it end today or in a few days?

gracelinda
05-13-17, 12:43 PM
I agree! The quest should be limited to one item for a neighbor request. Not 2 with the second one being the last day. So very wrong......

ladlasse
05-13-17, 12:56 PM
Like so many others, I have been stuck at 19 bouquets for over 5 hours. I've force closed several times. I know I've actually received 20 responses based on my news line. I even had my husband check his game so he could reply, and he didn't even have my request. I tried force closing his game, too, but to no avail. Something is definitely wrong. I think S8 might think we'll just pay with gems to move forward, and we may have to. But if it's a glitch like I think, I'll want my gems back. Otherwise, for me, this was a nice challenge. I was fortunate to get my 3 wisps in 4 adventures and I had everything else needed, so it left me time to slay bears and collect teeth.

ladlasse
05-13-17, 01:06 PM
Barbarix - I sent an invitation to you in hopes you'll accept. Then I'll send a request for the bouquet and see if I can finally get my 20th response. I believe I've already received 20 but the counter isn't showing it. Maybe it will help get the counter to display the correct number..

Listal
05-13-17, 01:10 PM
So close yet so far need 8 more thanks!! Listal is my id

Sieressa
05-13-17, 01:10 PM
How do I get the plushy knight sword to craft the knight's trail? Is it found by hunting bears?

puzzlecatz
05-13-17, 01:15 PM
Well I gave up and paid 6 gems to complete..hoping I'll get them back somehow. Anyway...anyone know if the chance to craft the bear disappears after you have completed the quest? Don't want to complete the knight's trial til I know for sure. Need 20 more teeth for the bear

barbarix
05-13-17, 01:21 PM
Hmmm,...have only received about 8 requests and none - zero- in the last 7 hours.... is there a bug? I am crafting my steed now but perhaps if you are not and waiting for replies you should start pestering them....

riverly
05-13-17, 01:24 PM
So close yet so far need 8 more thanks!! Listal is my idi sent neighbor request. Accept and then request. I'm playing now.

ladlasse
05-13-17, 01:30 PM
Hmmm,...have only received about 8 requests and none - zero- in the last 7 hours.... is there a bug? I am crafting my steed now but perhaps if you are not and waiting for replies you should start pestering them....

Just sent you a request. Not sure what your kingdom name is so I sent a request to everyone and let the game tell me that it couldn't send to thes OI already did, but your request should have gone through. Thanks in advance for your response.

ladlasse
05-13-17, 01:31 PM
So close yet so far need 8 more thanks!! Listal is my id

Listal - I did the same thing as riverly. I sent a friend request and I'll respond as soon as you accept and send request.

Scratte717
05-13-17, 01:35 PM
Were all your neighbor's responses counted so you could complete the part 1?

Nope, l spent 18 gems, not going to stay up whole night to wait for it :(

ninjalejones
05-13-17, 01:36 PM
Well I gave up and paid 6 gems to complete..hoping I'll get them back somehow. Anyway...anyone know if the chance to craft the bear disappears after you have completed the quest? Don't want to complete the knight's trial til I know for sure. Need 20 more teeth for the bear

I already crafted the steed and the bears are still spawning and the craft is open in the workshop.

jewelsagain
05-13-17, 01:42 PM
Again is anyone working in IT on the Cadtle Story platform? I'm stuck at 14. Forced closed, deleted app & reinstalled. Resent to all my neighbors only to have it say I've already sent the request. I know I've gotten 20. When the game is working properly I'll get that in 30 mins. I sent an email, got an automated reply waiting for a live rep to see it. Fingers crossed they fix the glitch or extend the time to makeup for the tech issue. We shouldn't have to spend gems because of bugs!

Scratte717
05-13-17, 01:47 PM
Listal - I did the same thing as riverly. I sent a friend request and I'll respond as soon as you accept and send request.

So - did it work? Are at least requests to brand new neighbors going through?

annieo2
05-13-17, 01:48 PM
Ill be playing for the next couple of hours and will answer any requests as soon as i see them, mu id is annieo2 (alpha o not zero) ��

riverly
05-13-17, 01:51 PM
How do I get the plushy knight sword to craft the knight's trail? Is it found by hunting bears?it should be in your inventory. That's what was crafted in Ch 5 in the forge with the petals

riverly
05-13-17, 01:52 PM
i sent neighbor request. Accept and then request. I'm playing now.bouquet sent. Waiting to see if it went through.

annieo2
05-13-17, 01:52 PM
Listral i just accepted your flowers request, hope your tally has increased :-)

ladlasse
05-13-17, 02:07 PM
So - did it work? Are at least requests to brand new neighbors going through?

I did get a request and responded, so hoping it will show up in their counter. I have now sent about 5 additional requests and my counter is still at 19. My husband's game still isn't showing my request from this morning, so that's another reason I believe I have 20 responses already. Hope they fix this or I'll have to spend gems.

Thanks everyone for your help to those of us stuck on our response counters.

annieo2
05-13-17, 02:12 PM
Jenland, my game is crashing everytime i try to visit you, have accepted your bouquet request

Jinc4
05-13-17, 02:16 PM
Jenland, my game is crashing everytime i try to visit you, have accepted your bouquet request

I received the bouquet from you, thank you so much!!

Jinc4
05-13-17, 02:18 PM
I'll be playing for the next 30 minutes or so if anyone needs a bouquet send me an invite - Jinc4

This is very close to the wire for me!

sal911
05-13-17, 02:19 PM
I did get a request and responded, so hoping it will show up in their counter. I have now sent about 5 additional requests and my counter is still at 19. My husband's game still isn't showing my request from this morning, so that's another reason I believe I have 20 responses already. Hope they fix this or I'll have to spend gems.

Thanks everyone for your help to those of us stuck on our response counters.

Having to get 20 help from neighbours is frustrating because you can only send 20 each day; lately i have been sending out 15-19 & waiting for relies, only got 9 in 12 hours so wiil buy some gems as i really want a new pony! I have not bought gems since I first started playing as it is still far to easy to accidently speed up an item then woosh thete goes your gems. Another glitch S8 aren't going to change.
Anyway, good luck to all waiting for roses r thanks, feel free to add me especially if you are from Australia or New Zealand.
Thanks

FlowerBurst
05-13-17, 02:20 PM
Thanks, annieo2 and listral for offering to help--sent both of you a request but no sign of anything yet! Looks like I am going to have to gem my way out of this one!

sophiensissi
05-13-17, 02:28 PM
Ok. So I am on the last day where you have to receive thanks from 20 friends. 19 have responde d as of 5 hours ago and even though I have requested from about 150 friends it is still stuck on 19. Help! When I try asking other friends it will not let me.. I have tried force quitting the game to no avail. So close to the end and the last hours are ticking away....

Yep, I had the same situation. And, a few players here saw my post so added me and I also sent to them. It didn't help. I was forced to spend the 6 gems or not be able to complete the quest. It's not ideal, but gems is not much. I wish the game would work better.

darthkris
05-13-17, 02:28 PM
Just asked a few neighbors.. Nobody has gotten my request.
I spent 12 gems because I want the steed now, but somehow I don't feel happy about it

nessa005
05-13-17, 02:29 PM
Can I work ahead and craft the Knights Tribute while waiting for chapter 10 to start?

puzzlecatz
05-13-17, 02:30 PM
I already crafted the steed and the bears are still spawning and the craft is open in the workshop.

Thanks ninjalejones!

annieo2
05-13-17, 02:44 PM
Thanks, annieo2 and listral for offering to help--sent both of you a request but no sign of anything yet! Looks like I am going to have to gem my way out of this one!

Im still playing and accept neighbours and bouquet requests as soon as they come through

annieo2
05-13-17, 02:46 PM
Having to get 20 help from neighbours is frustrating because you can only send 20 each day; lately i have been sending out 15-19 & waiting for relies, only got 9 in 12 hours so wiil buy some gems as i really want a new pony! I have not bought gems since I first started playing as it is still far to easy to accidently speed up an item then woosh thete goes your gems. Another glitch S8 aren't going to change.
Anyway, good luck to all waiting for roses r thanks, feel free to add me especially if you are from Australia or New Zealand.
Thanks

Last night when i sent my requests out i wrote down the first 20 in one list who i sent them too, then i sent a few more out and received boughts from the 20 + ones so make sure you send more than 20

freddy1343
05-13-17, 02:47 PM
Im still playing and accept neighbours and bouquet requests as soon as they come through

I will also be playing off and on for three hours. Glad to respond with flowers.

jbfps116
05-13-17, 02:47 PM
does anyone know how long we have to get the bear? because I can't be online on sunday :(

Passera
05-13-17, 02:50 PM
Try force closing the game and then check to see if neighbor requests came in before spending gems. As for me I quit, bears aren't spawning and I'm over a day behind.

olcastle
05-13-17, 02:52 PM
If I'm understanding the posts related to chapter 10, which doesn't open until the last day of the event, we have to rely on 20 neighbors responding to our request before the event timer expires the same day?

1) We have to rely on 20 neighbors responding timely
2) We have to rely on neighbors not answering the requests from Day 7 on Day 10
3) We have to rely on the game working properly (Today I sent 2 requests from my main account to my two other accounts, answered form both of them but never received "thanks".)

purpledaisy1511
05-13-17, 03:01 PM
Is there a difference in what the steeds drop or drop rates?
Just wondering as the dark steed takes 2 hours to craft and the white steed takes 3 hours.

ladlasse
05-13-17, 03:01 PM
Did any of my new neighbors (from today) receive a request from me for the bouquet? I've had several people whom I have invited to be neighbors (I.e. Barbarix and annieo2) and several others invited me. To each of them I've sent a request for the chapter 10 bouquet, but I haven't seen anything in my news for the last 3 hours and I'm still stuck at 19 for almost 8 hours.

meme1098
05-13-17, 03:04 PM
Did any of my new neighbors (from today) receive a request from me for the bouquet? I've had several people whom I have invited to be neighbors (I.e. Barbarix and annieo2) and several others invited me. To each of them I've sent a request for the chapter 10 bouquet, but I haven't seen anything in my news for the last 3 hours and I'm still stuck at 19 for almost 8 hours.

I'm gonna send you a nbr request, ladlasse. My Queendom is Lorrainne (listed below). Then send me a request. We're gonna try to get this done.

GiselleX16
05-13-17, 03:04 PM
I'm with the rest of you; up to 18 and waiting so looks like one of the 19 "responded" must have been from the Day 7 request. So that must mean it's impossible for me to get the 20. Hoping to get at least one more so thanks annieo2 and listal; I've invited you and am checking the game obsessively.

annieo2
05-13-17, 03:07 PM

Whats your kingdom name ladlasse, im accepting any that come through.

Also when you visit check my wall as there are other neighbours that have left messages that are in the same stage as you

olcastle
05-13-17, 03:12 PM
I'm with the rest of you; up to 18 and waiting so looks like one of the 19 "responded" must have been from the Day 7 request. So that must mean it's impossible for me to get the 20.

It's possible if Stormie didn't respond yet.

ladlasse
05-13-17, 03:20 PM
I'm gonna send you a nbr request, ladlasse. My Queendom is Lorrainne (listed below). Then send me a request. We're gonna try to get this done.

How kind of you meme1098! I just accepted your neighbor request and sent a request for the bouquet. Please let me know if you receive the request. This is really very thoughtful of you. I love how everyone is working together and helping each other out.

Thank you also to kingdom Storybrook for sending me a neighbor request. I sent a request to you, too.

I have 175 neighbors now, but when I first started this game, I had no neighbors and had no idea about this forum which has proved to be of invaluable help. I never knew what was coming in the next event goal or any of the tips. I only had Stormie and my husband's iPad (I loaded the game for him so I had one other person I could send requests to). It was slow going, but I'm glad I kept going. Once I found the forum and more neighbors, things did get easier, but I think I was already at level 50 before I lucked into the forum. I've now been trying to help those at lower levels so they can avoid some of the pain I felt.

Thank you so much!!!

meme1098
05-13-17, 03:21 PM

I'm still waiting on the thank you request. Have you sent it?
Have force closed several times but none is showing up.

GiselleX16
05-13-17, 03:22 PM
Stormie responded - but so did annieo2 - thank you!!!! At least I'm up to 19 so only 6 jewels if no more come through as I suspect. No rush I guess.

GiselleX16
05-13-17, 03:25 PM
Nancelot - you put me over - many many thanks! I don't go on the boards often but play compulsively and always answer requests. So be sure to ask Storybrook for any requests!

olcastle
05-13-17, 03:26 PM
Stormie responded - but so did annieo2 - thank you!!!! At least I'm up to 19 so only 6 jewels if no more come through as I suspect. No rush I guess.

You can add me, I'll respond.

cheers196
05-13-17, 03:30 PM
I am still stuck at 13 and 19. It has been like 14 hours. So am I correct to assume no one from Storm8 is checking in and fixing this glitch on the last day of the time sensitive chapter book event? Use gems or give up on the steed kind of deal now??

meme1098
05-13-17, 03:37 PM
How kind of you meme1098! I just accepted your neighbor request and sent a request for the bouquet. Please let me know if you receive the request. This is really very thoughtful of you. I love how everyone is working together and helping each other out.

Thank you also to kingdom Storybrook for sending me a neighbor request. I sent a request to you, too.

I have 175 neighbors now, but when I first started this game, I had no neighbors and had no idea about this forum which has proved to be of invaluable help. I never knew what was coming in the next event goal or any of the tips. I only had Stormie and my husband's iPad (I loaded the game for him so I had one other person I could send requests to). It was slow going, but I'm glad I kept going. Once I found the forum and more neighbors, things did get easier, but I think I was already at level 50 before I lucked into the forum. I've now been trying to help those at lower levels so they can avoid some of the pain I felt.

Thank you so much!!!

Did you get your 20? I still didn't receive a request after several more force closes. Hoping you're done :)

meme1098
05-13-17, 03:38 PM
I am still stuck at 13 and 19. It has been like 14 hours. So am I correct to assume no one from Storm8 is checking in and fixing this glitch on the last day of the time sensitive chapter book event? Use gems or give up on the steed kind go deal now??

It's the weekend in the US. Doubt anyone is around or even checking on the forums, unfortunately.

annieo2
05-13-17, 03:38 PM

Youre welcome, will be playing for another 30 mins then need to go out

freddy1343
05-13-17, 03:39 PM
Did you get your 20? I still didn't receive a request after several more force closes. Hoping you're done :)

I sent you an invite about ten mins ago. Nothing yet.

ladlasse
05-13-17, 03:45 PM
I'm still waiting on the thank you request. Have you sent it?
Have force closed several times but none is showing up.

My kingdom name is Nancelot. I have sent you a request and about 6 other requests from new friends from the forum all in the last 30 minutes. I've also force closed the game and even shut my iPad off. If none of you are seeing the requests, does that mean the game thinks I've received the 20 already even though it's only reflecting 19 in the count?

I really appreciate everyone who is trying to help me and the others in this situation.

If I have to, I will spend the gems, but I feel it's different when I chose to spend them vs being forced to spend them.

ladlasse
05-13-17, 03:48 PM
Nancelot - you put me over - many many thanks! I don't go on the boards often but play compulsively and always answer requests. So be sure to ask Storybrook for any requests!

GiselleX16 - so glad you made it! It's encouraging to hear. Glad you can finish the event and get your steed. I will, too, one way or another.

meme1098
05-13-17, 03:54 PM
My kingdom name is Nancelot. I have sent you a request and about 6 other requests from new friends from the forum all in the last 30 minutes. I've also force closed the game and even shut my iPad off. If none of you are seeing the requests, does that mean the game thinks I've received the 20 already even though it's only reflecting 19 in the count?

I really appreciate everyone who is trying to help me and the others in this situation.

If I have to, I will spend the gems, but I feel it's different when I chose to spend them vs being forced to spend them.

Still no request but saw your message on my wall. I have to go for a bit but keeping my fingers crossed you get that last one. 🙂

100Anne
05-13-17, 04:15 PM
I haven't seen an answer yet about when the craft for the bear will go. Do we know this yet?
I don't want to keep collecting teeth if there is no way I can make it.

federerGOAT
05-13-17, 04:16 PM
If you see a Knight's Scroll request that is 2-3 days old, it is probably best to decline or ignore it or you'll mess up that neighbour's flowers request.

kattkrazie
05-13-17, 04:19 PM
If you see a Knight's Scroll request that is 2-3 days old, it is probably best to decline or ignore it or you'll mess up that neighbour's flowers request.

That's a good point. I've received at least 8 requests for scrolls today, but since they were sent within hours, they are from neighbors who started late. That's a relief.

bjkingdom8id
05-13-17, 05:24 PM
Thanks to all my neighbors who responded today! Received all of my requests in the allowed amount of time!!!��

Den8137259
05-13-17, 05:33 PM
// federerGOAT, great pointer you got there (:

Will decline outdated requests so as not to affect their new requests (: ★ ty ★

Zulac99
05-13-17, 05:42 PM
So as far as I can tell this quest is impossible to complete. I can usually get 20 request in by 8:00 am. There is no way I can invest the time to add a bunch of new neighbors this evening as I have a life. I don't think I can get the bear either. This has been a waste of time. Grrr.

Iceglimmer
05-13-17, 05:47 PM
Yep. I am a bit sad too. Got all my requests back pretty quickly for chapter seven. I managed to finish each chapter before the day was up. Sent out my requests more than thirteen hours ago, and I only have nine. I could use gems to skip, but I don't think it's worth it for a horse. Kicking myself for making an effort with this event.

caron7
05-13-17, 06:07 PM
Yep. I am a bit sad too. Got all my requests back pretty quickly for chapter seven. I managed to finish each chapter before the day was up. Sent out my requests more than thirteen hours ago, and I only have nine. I could use gems to skip, but I don't think it's worth it for a horse. Kicking myself for making an effort with this event.

don't forget to force close to make sure all your replies have registered

sweetz804
05-13-17, 06:18 PM
I'm level 23, got up to the chapter 10 point where need 75 bones and I only have 42, monsters are not appearing often when I farm or harvest from animals. This is really no fun to get to this point and not be able to finish. ��

kattkrazie
05-13-17, 06:44 PM
Just finished up :D
Got my White Steed crafting now. :)
All in all a great quest.

Really wish the Knights Tribute was 2x1 in stead of 2x2 ... Will end up in storage now :(

Seems we're getting another monster hunt soon! :cool:

Hope we get some main story and/or expansions soon too!!

I agree. Enjoyed the event but wish I'd gotten the white steed. The black one is difficult to see, for me at least.

And the 871 club is a lonely place. At least I have my 2 bears to keep me company. :rolleyes:

FlowerBurst
05-13-17, 06:45 PM

It was definitely a glitch on my end, so I decided to use gems! Just wanted you to know that I really appreciate you taking the time to help! Thank you again!!!

ladlasse
05-13-17, 07:00 PM
Aval suggested I invite bjkingdom8id, zulac99, and den8137259 to be neighbors since they were active. If you do accept my invitation, I will send you a bouquet request and see if that works. I don't hold out much hope since several other active people never received the requests I sent, but I am willing to try.

Once again...thank you to everyone in this forum for your outstanding support of me and everyone else in my situation. I applaud your willingness to jump in and help.

I will likely have to use gems to get my last bouquet. I've sent over 180 requests and my counter has been stuck on 19 for almost 12 hours.

karinscafe
05-13-17, 07:11 PM
I've battled over a dozen bears and no helm. Anyone else have this issue?

Den8137259
05-13-17, 07:29 PM
Dear ladlasse n all, den8137259 is my poster acct, is pretty inactive in CS, except on forum here :ⅅ ★

★ I'll check again in list who required adding to my active acct :ⅅ ★

ladlasse
05-13-17, 07:31 PM
I bit the bullet and spent the gems to get my last bouquet. I didn't want to stay up all night waiting for the knight's trial to finish crafting.

I am so grateful for the helpfulness of this group. I had many wonderful people invite me to be their neighbor or accept my invitation in hopes of getting that last bouquet. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or if I still had a chapter 7 request that was answered that took one of the spots needed for today, but at least it's done and I've made some good friends.

I will try to help everyone else whenever I can.

ladlasse
05-13-17, 07:33 PM
Dear ladlasse n all, den8137259 is my poster acct, is pretty inactive in CS, except on forum here :ⅅ ★

★ I'll check again in list who required adding to my active acct :ⅅ ★

Thanks for letting me know. Aval probably saw you active in the forum and suggested I add you. I appreciate your help.

sophie_luv
05-13-17, 07:48 PM
I think I can't finish the bear this time. Only got 190 tooths now after handed 70 out. :(
I like it a lot.

jewelsagain
05-13-17, 08:05 PM
I'm still waiting. I'm now at 15 with no hope. I don't have enough gem to complete because I used all I saved on the last goal that I was unable to complete. I should have been able to fish this one without gems if the game was working right. I deleted the game forced closed reinstalled CS forced close. I contacted Storm8 got an automated response of course no answer. I'm an old timer started play right after the love shack goal. Spent way too much money & feel so let down. Come on guys make this right.

Den8137259
05-13-17, 08:14 PM
I think I can't finish the bear this time. Only got 190 tooths now after handed 70 out. :(
I like it a lot.

★ Sophie, just continue getting your teeth cos there is no end-date indicated, at least for now (: ★

★ I'm pushing to make my first n second bear concurrently, n to join the exclusive 871 Club (: ★ I hope I will (: ★

ladlasse
05-13-17, 08:19 PM
I'm still waiting. I'm now at 15 with no hope. I don't have enough gem to complete because I used all I saved on the last goal that I was unable to complete. I should have been able to fish this one without gems if the game was working right. I deleted the game forced closed reinstalled CS forced close. I contacted Storm8 got an automated response of course no answer. I'm an old timer started play right after the love shack goal. Spent way too much money & feel so let down. Come on guys make this right.

I sent you a neighbor request. I'f you send me a request for bouquet, I'll reply. If you want to invite my husband, lasselot2, then I'll have him respond to you, too. He doesn't play except to help me with requests like this, but he can be another bouquet count.

riverly
05-13-17, 08:52 PM
I'll be popping in and out of my game for a while. I'm bear hunting. If anyone needs help sent an invite or request. I'll be glad to try to help.
ID : Riverly
Kingdom Talia.

Lucinda1989
05-13-17, 08:54 PM
I'm so feed up. I didn't finish the tea party because the spring flower I purchased failed to drop anything and the tea leaves were impossible to gather. Now this, I sent out my requests at the very start of this last day and have been stuck on 11. Not receiving any requests for bouquets nor receiving any. Don't have any gems so.........probably just going to once again not get the goal.

wagygirl
05-13-17, 08:58 PM
I can't do the bear, even though I bought like $50+ worth of energy. I have a grand total of 144 teeth. And the bears stopped coming after I sent the requests for bouquets. :mad:

I bought the arena only to find out I need 10 golden eggs . I just leveled up to 31, and a few weeks ago unlocked Glimmerwood Forest with rainbow!
My grand total of eggs has been 7. Used 5 for regular goals. To buy 8 more eggs is 644 gems! That's over $20 dollars, and I would still need to finish part 3 of the final. It appears I need to ask my neighbors for a scroll. Not enough neighbors, not enough time, not enough money I am willing to spend, and for reaching level 10 in the goal: I have a building I can't finish or remove :mad: & I get no frizzly bear or horse. :mad:

Never doing timed goals again!

GlvtenFree
05-13-17, 08:58 PM
i spent 30 gems to get my horse and i woulda spent more if i had to because i love how he looks in my kingdom.
i wish i could have spent another 500 gems and gotten the other colored horse to, but it wasnt an option, silly storm8!

dinoTT
05-13-17, 09:02 PM
Yep, I had the same situation. And, a few players here saw my post so added me and I also sent to them. It didn't help. I was forced to spend the 6 gems or not be able to complete the quest. It's not ideal, but gems is not much. I wish the game would work better.

I added neighbors to get "fresh" requests and stuck on 19 for 8 hours, gave up and spent the 6 gems. Have not received any responses or requests since this morning... I KNOW tons of neighbors are playing to help with requests.

nateryd
05-13-17, 09:47 PM
So I bought a second knights tribute by accident. I don't want to use any more of my golden eggs, but I can't seem to just sell it or store it when it's at its unfinished state. Anyone know if there's a way to get rid of it without building it?
I know I'm probably stuck building it, but being hopeful!!

nateryd
05-13-17, 09:53 PM
I had to gem to get the last few neighbor request aswell... Definetly a glitch going on! I have a list of very active neighbors, so I think they either didn't get the request or I didn't get the accept back. Neighbor requests should just be put at the beginning of these events so there's less problems next time

A7B92
05-13-17, 10:01 PM
There is some peace in realizing that there is no way to finish the current challenge. I can just clean up my kingdom. Perhaps we'll soon have some events that are not timed.

MoonVillage3
05-13-17, 10:05 PM
I'm so feed up. I didn't finish the tea party because the spring flower I purchased failed to drop anything and the tea leaves were impossible to gather. Now this, I sent out my requests at the very start of this last day and have been stuck on 11. Not receiving any requests for bouquets nor receiving any. Don't have any gems so.........probably just going to once again not get the goal.
After sending out your requests.. if you keep your game ON and visit: neighbours, community, your wall, your news feed, reloading your game, you have a much greater possibility of refreshing your game memory, thus receiving your needed replies.
Sending out other batches of requests.. remember this only over-rides your former requests, thus putting them at the tail of your request list.. thus slowing down the process of delivering as data has been changed.
Doubling the amount of requests needed is a safe number.. too many only slows down the process as only 20 are delivered randomly.
Needless to say.. check if your neighbors still play beforehand. Better choosing from your list who lives in your country or is ahead in time so you know more or less they are within your timing to send immediate answers and not sleeping/working hours.
If you have to turn off your game.. have the patience to turn in on frequently during this time, so as to refresh your game memory.
Hope you find some hints here for future requesting and lots of Good Luck!

MoonVillage3
05-13-17, 10:11 PM
I had to gem to get the last few neighbor request aswell... Definetly a glitch going on! I have a list of very active neighbors, so I think they either didn't get the request or I didn't get the accept back. Neighbor requests should just be put at the beginning of these events so there's less problems next time

This I fully agree with as neighbor requesting is always a delicate part of the event that we don't personally have full control and can just do what is wise, not having an garanteed immediate outcome. We players just pray during these goals.. so having more time is always appreciated.

Zirilka
05-13-17, 10:49 PM
As my steed is grazing the green grass in my queendom it's feedback time: Thanks S8 for a very very pleasant event. I did enjoy it greatly, especially after the tea party disaster. It was a nice, balanced thing that didn't require from me a total abandonment of real life and doable (particularly with the accumulated wisdom of the forum) without spending any gems. Having said that, I did unlock last chapter earlier because I COULD not because there was no other option to win otherwise.
I look forward to the upcoming monster hunt!

dipwid
05-13-17, 10:54 PM
i spent 30 gems to get my horse and i woulda spent more if i had to because i love how he looks in my kingdom.
i wish i could have spent another 500 gems and gotten the other colored horse to, but it wasnt an option, silly storm8!
For 500 gems you are better off buying a regular alicorn.

MichaelKors1
05-13-17, 11:12 PM
I send out request to all 292 neighbours all at the same time , many maybe inactive. I get request filled in an hour soon as chapter begins.

RevdKathy
05-13-17, 11:13 PM
I too got stuck. My counter stuck on 15 for most of the day. Then stuck totally at 19. I paid the gems for the last bouquet. Not pleased about this, but I am now crafting my horse.

I have said it before and it seems I shall have to go on saying it. There should not be neighbour requests on the last day of a timed quest unless/until the infrastructure is fit for it. This is just stupid - annoying good players/customers for no good reason.

starnanou
05-13-17, 11:30 PM
I have been checking my game about every hour to answer request as quickly as possible, but my game is running very behind for some reason,. Actually all 3 of my Storm 8 games are having extremely bad lag and the no internet access pop up! Even getting this forum to load took a while ☹️
Same here no internet acess pop up all the time and a lots of lag

coolssp
05-14-17, 12:40 AM
Hey guys happy to accept neighbour requests if anyone is struck. I'm based in India so time difference means I'll be checking my game for next 8 odd hours :)

puzzlecatz
05-14-17, 12:55 AM
★ Sophie, just continue getting your teeth cos there is no end-date indicated, at least for now (: ★

★ I'm pushing to make my first n second bear concurrently, n to join the exclusive 871 Club (: ★ I hope I will (: ★

Ok so what is this 871 club?

wagygirl
05-14-17, 01:11 AM
After goal ended the horse was 500 gems, cheaper than 644 gems for 8 golden eggs!
I'll never fall for this again. Only bought horse because I had spent so much $$ for energy, gems and coins.
I had enough gems from those purchases, I didn't have to buy more.

I will be sticking to the normal goals now!

Does anyone know how to remove an incomplete building? I don't know what to do with the final goal building from step 10 that I was unable to build. I don't want this thing in my way forever, and I am definately not gonna waste my resourses to build it now.

annieo2
05-14-17, 01:35 AM
It was definitely a glitch on my end, so I decided to use gems! Just wanted you to know that I really appreciate you taking the time to help! Thank you again!!!

Youre welcome flowerburst, thanks for the message, pleased you finished :-)

KaywinnetteLee1
05-14-17, 01:42 AM
I really hope they let us put the unfinished thing away. I am never going to complete it.

Den8137259
05-14-17, 02:16 AM
Ok so what is this 871 club?

★ details to the 871 Club is found in this thread, open to all (: ★
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98716-The-official-871-club!

★ the goal to pursue 871 teeth for event is a personal one (: ★

mrootje
05-14-17, 02:38 AM
What to choose, the white or the black one? Any suggestions?

HuckleTown
05-14-17, 02:49 AM
For all those who felt forced to use gems because of this glitch, please submit something to S8.

I am on this part now and refuse to use gems if S8 has an issue at their end. I am documenting everyone that answers my request so I can report that to S8. If it's an S8 issue, we all deserve the end prize (maybe even both).

I'm still miffed that they acknowledged a problem with the adventure drops but didn't compensate those players that had to use way too many resources (I spent 3 days sending adventures probably about 30 sent, while others had to send 50+. That's a lot of resources wasted).

cavegirl1
05-14-17, 02:54 AM
What to choose, the white or the black one? Any suggestions?

I think I read someone earlier on who said they got the black, but wished they got the white, as the black is harder to see. Might be something to consider.

cavegirl1
05-14-17, 02:59 AM
Sorry to read all the issues those had who were on day 10 yesterday. I was on day 7 and was lucky to get those responses relatively easily. But it was wonderful to see everyone here trying to help out. What a great group of people.

I am hoping that my great neighbours don't decide to take a break now many have finished , so they will be around for my day 10!

ShibuyaCloth
05-14-17, 03:28 AM
On this account it took me around 1 hours to get 20. Just a matter of luck with the neighbors and the request backlog!

MoonVillage3
05-14-17, 03:30 AM
Sorry to read all the issues those had who were on day 10 yesterday. I was on day 7 and was lucky to get those responses relatively easily. But it was wonderful to see everyone here trying to help out. What a great group of people.

I am hoping that my great neighbours don't decide to take a break now many have finished , so they will be around for my day 10!
even if finished.. I keep checking continously for players who still have time to finish. keep your eye on finishing time, so you can make sure your steed is crafted and safety placed in your kingdom.

UnkelFester
05-14-17, 03:50 AM
I too got stuck. My counter stuck on 15 for most of the day. Then stuck totally at 19. I paid the gems for the last bouquet. Not pleased about this, but I am now crafting my horse.

I have said it before and it seems I shall have to go on saying it. There should not be neighbour requests on the last day of a timed quest unless/until the infrastructure is fit for it. This is just stupid - annoying good players/customers for no good reason.

Yes agree totally. The same happened to me. Stuck on 15 most of the day, it gradually creeped up to 18 before I gave in and used 12 gems to complete and build the Knight's Tribute. Thanks to a couple of brand new neighbours who asked to be invited as a neighbour and we then quickly exchanged bouquets otherwise I might have given up on this at the bitter end.

Living in the UK, I was up until very late at night waiting for those last elusive bouquets from neighbours, and then I had to set my alarm early to collect the Knight's Trial from the Magic Forge and craft my Black Steed before the event finished at 8am UK time. I wouldn't have bothered with finishing this if the Steed wasn't going to drop Gems occasionally. I didn't even try going for the Frizzly Bear with it's useless drops.

Feeling that this was intentional on S8's part to set up the last stage of a timed quest relying on us getting 20 requests using the flawed request system so that many of us had to use Gems to finish. Luckily I'll get those gems back eventually from the Steed (I hope).

And ironically I'm still receiving requests for bouquets from neighbours from yesterday that are useless now...

SpiritWind00
05-14-17, 04:29 AM
I sent out requests to all my neighbors, closed my game and came back in 2 hours. When I came back I still said 0/20 so I force closed and then the goal completed. You need to make sure you're synced with the servers. Good luck to those close to the finish line!

janf2
05-14-17, 04:54 AM
1) We have to rely on 20 neighbors responding timely
2) We have to rely on neighbors not answering the requests from Day 7 on Day 10
3) We have to rely on the game working properly (Today I sent 2 requests from my main account to my two other accounts, answered form both of them but never received "thanks".)

I sent out requests to all my neighbors, closed my game and came back in 2 hours. When I came back I still said 0/20 so I force closed and then the goal completed. You need to make sure you're synced with the servers. Good luck to those close to the finish line!

I can't understand why S8 would make the last day of the chapter relying on us getting 20 neighbours to answer our request.
Getting neighbour responses is never an easy task for me and prob a lot of others. I don't spend money on this game at all and don't plan to. I play this for fun but this is Doomed to fail when relying on this kind of request on the last day grr.

Hanachan5
05-14-17, 05:03 AM
Thanks to krisna, alvaka and camelot from this forum for your help! I had to spend 6 gems for the last bouquet anyway because i got stuck like many others...the responses from my neighbors came hours later... S8 please don't do this in the last day of future quests!

zoroak
05-14-17, 05:46 AM
Just like to say that if you send a request on chapter 7 to say 30 neighbours and had no problems with responses, you should send requests on Chapter 10 to the same 30 neighbours (not just the 20 who respond and/or other neighbours) because if amongst the 10 that did not respond in time, some may be sporadic players who do not play every day. Sending the requests on Chapter 10 to different neighbours may result in the sporadic players responding to chapter 7 requests if they happen to log on during the day you are on chapter 10 before your active neighbours do. Sending requests to the same neighbours in Chapter 10 overrides earlier requests in chapter 7 even if they don't respond.

HuckleTown
05-14-17, 06:06 AM
Just like to say that if you send a request on chapter 7 to say 30 neighbours and had no problems with responses, you should send requests on Chapter 10 to the same 30 neighbours (not just the 20 who respond and/or other neighbours) because if amongst the 10 that did not respond in time, some may be sporadic players who do not play every day. Sending the requests on Chapter 10 to different neighbours may result in the sporadic players responding to chapter 7 requests if they happen to log on during the day you are on chapter 10 before your active neighbours do. Sending requests to the same neighbours in Chapter 10 overrides earlier requests in chapter 7 even if they don't respond.

That's great advice. This request stuff is so confusing because it doesn't always work the same.

My problem is some of my Chapter 7 responses came after 20 hours (middle of the night for me) which would mean I'd never craft in time. I spent chapt 8 and 9 seeing who visited and sent me requests. Hoping this helps:)

EsmeW2
05-14-17, 06:27 AM
For anyone who is having a problem with the counter not going up even though you can see that neighbours have responded it may be that closing and restarting doesn't help. When this happened to me this morning I went off and visited a few Neighbours and checked out or posted on a few walls and sent a couple of gifts - and bingo! the counter updated from 11 to 18 with some additional responses coming through as well. So if you are having problems and force closing isn't enough I'd suggest giving this a try before using gems or getting too stressed. Good luck everyone!

zoroak
05-14-17, 06:34 AM
I didn't have a problem with chapter 10 requests but had issues with chapter 7. Not entirely sure how the request system works but was stuck on 18 all day and some neighbours who are actively playing that day, never received the requests. My guess is that 20 players who log in first, receive the requests. However, some lower level players who are not doing the storybook event may log in just once a day, receive gifts but do not accept them so if they don't scroll down their news feed, they won't see the requests. The last 2 came in quickly, 24h later after reset so I was able to start Chapter 8 without much delay or skipping with gems.

riverly
05-14-17, 06:39 AM
Well I went back and sent to my no responders, so I hope I'm good. Thanks for the tips.
Maybe just hitting send to all would have been the thing to do.
But so far, so good.

zoroak
05-14-17, 06:46 AM
Well I went back and sent to my no responders, so I hope I'm good. Thanks for the tips.
Maybe just hitting send to all would have been the thing to do.
But so far, so good.

Good luck! I only sent to some neighbours for chapter 7 but sent to all neighbours for chapter 10 and it seemed to have worked better for me in my case. Only problem was I had loads of neighbours and when I clicked on all of them (took a while) and sent, it didn't register so I had to do this in 4 batches!

Ki250
05-14-17, 06:46 AM
Just finished. Crafting my Frizzly Bear and White/Silver Steed right now. This was an ok event for me I did use gems on the adventures to get the wisps I needed and to speed up my Wizard Schools for energy because I was impatient. I did not have any issues with the neighbor requests. Good luck to those still trying and waiting for requests. :)

P.S. I don't know if it is to late but my ID is Ki250 and I respond very quickly.

xellosspoo
05-14-17, 06:55 AM
Is there any way to get both steeds? I want both so that they can be with my other pair of steeds. But I saw on the first page that you can't craft two. :S if there's not, that is sad and seems like a wasted opportunity for S8 to get some money.

rulerofjennyville
05-14-17, 06:57 AM
Glad it's finally over. And in this lifetime I would not pay $19.00 for a prize

calicokittennope
05-14-17, 06:58 AM
I have not had anyone request anything in over 24 hours that relates to this event. I sometimes get the news icon show a red icon but there's never anything new.

I'm force closing about every hour or two while awake, just got up and in 5 hours or so, no requests for items of any sort. Then returning anywhere from right away if I'm mid-decorating or after a bit to have energy refill a bit.

I'm around all day for the next 12 or so hours off and on, sat here anyway so I might as well fight bears while I work on projects.

Zulac99
05-14-17, 07:24 AM
I got ripped off! I used gems to get the last bouquet. I built the Knights Tribute (not cheap), I obtained the Knits Writ, then I started the last part of the quest in the magic Forge before I went to bed. This morning I got nothing!

karinscafe
05-14-17, 07:33 AM
I also used gems to finish the thank you part but then after battling bears for over an hour, I couldn't get a helm! I'm sure I battled over two dozen of them! Doesn't seem quite right. I ran out of energy and time to continue. Not happy.

1ch1ps
05-14-17, 07:36 AM
I have a question for those of us those of us that tried to build that last thing and didn't finish....How do I get rid of it? I tried deleting it, can't sell it, cant just dump it in inventory. I'm short the eggs but now that I don't need it, I'm not wasting them on finishing (hate building things you can't dump into inventory) ... sorry for a bit of a ramp I just want it gone off my board...it's a 2x2 and I can use that space. Thanks

cheers196
05-14-17, 07:41 AM
I got ripped off! I used gems to get the last bouquet. I built the Knights Tribute (not cheap), I obtained the Knits Writ, then I started the last part of the quest in the magic Forge before I went to bed. This morning I got nothing!

Do you mean you finished chapter 10 and crafting the steed in the magic forge and you didn't get anything when you collect from magic forge? Is so, you may still have the goal where you pick either the light or the dark steed in the goal book.

cheers196
05-14-17, 07:50 AM
I also used gems to finish the thank you part but then after battling bears for over an hour, I couldn't get a helm! I'm sure I battled over two dozen of them! Doesn't seem quite right. I ran out of energy and time to continue. Not happy.

If you finished the thank you part, you should already have the helm. When you go to the magic forge to craft (what was the last thing you craft before the steed? Forgot...), you see the helm missing?

ShibuyaCloth
05-14-17, 07:58 AM
The steed can be crafted before you start goal 3 of chapter 10. But it will cost you 500 gems. Do not grab your production before finishing goal 3.

Zulac99
05-14-17, 08:07 AM
Do you mean you finished chapter 10 and crafting the steed in the magic forge and you didn't get anything when you collect from magic forge? Is so, you may still have the goal where you pick either the light or the dark steed in the goal book.

There is no offer for a steed. Only an offer to buy another writ for 500 Gems. I feel totally ripped off!

Zulac99
05-14-17, 08:29 AM
The steed can be crafted before you start goal 3 of chapter 10. But it will cost you 500 gems. Do not grab your production before finishing goal 3.

How was I supposed to know that? That by trying to collect my steed I would lose it?

Ki250
05-14-17, 08:38 AM
How was I supposed to know that? That by trying to collect my steed I would lose it?

I would contact support if you completed everything and didn't get your steed.

Can someone remind other than monsters and the friendly werewolf where can we get bones. This event almost took all of them.

zoroak
05-14-17, 08:49 AM
I would contact support if you completed everything and didn't get your steed.

Can someone remind other than monsters and the friendly werewolf where can we get bones. This event almost took all of them.

From inventory guide:
Bone
Found: fangbeast, trolls, dire boars, lovecupines, Ivy's hut, troll pit, troll castle, spooky tree, Gentleman Troll (Baron's Tent prize), L10 Colosseum, Friendly Werewolf, Haunted Castle, Merry Reindeer

I think the feral lands adventure also has a chance of dropping bones, but I could be wrong.

cheers196
05-14-17, 09:16 AM
There is no offer for a steed. Only an offer to buy another writ for 500 Gems. I feel totally ripped off!

So you were crafting the steed over night after you picked the light or dark, right? I would contact the support if I were you. If your were crafting the writ over night, I imagine you would get nothing if you try to collect past midnight (California time) of chapter 10 day.

HuckleTown
05-14-17, 09:16 AM

As cheers said, if you are in Chapter 10 then you already obtained the helm. That is a goal in chapter 9.

dipwid
05-14-17, 09:48 AM
I can't understand why S8 would make the last day of the chapter relying on us getting 20 neighbours to answer our request.
Getting neighbour responses is never an easy task for me and prob a lot of others. I don't spend money on this game at all and don't plan to. I play this for fun but this is Doomed to fail when relying on this kind of request on the last day grr.
This is due to their economic model; every event is designed with a built in bottleneck to encourage gem spending and generate income. Requests of neighbors at the end of timed events and low spawn rates and low drop rates are some of the ways to control the purchasing and the flow of the event. It is not necessarily a bad thing, as they are running a business. They have to balance things though, to not come across as arbitrary or draconian. I ended up sending out requests but had to gem skip with no responses and just a few hours left in the event.(120 gems to skip, I don't know if it was scaled).

Zulac99
05-14-17, 09:56 AM
So you were crafting the steed over night after you picked the light or dark, right? I would contact the support if I were you. If your were crafting the writ over night, I imagine you would get nothing if you try to collect past midnight (California time) of chapter 10 day.

I started crafting just before midnight. I was under the belief that I could collect it after the three hours construction time.

And why would I be offered another writ if a steed can not be obtained after the event?

kiryuuku123
05-14-17, 10:31 AM
So hard getting 400 bear teeth why do they make the goals impossible to achieve 😡😡😡 also how come lower level players get to give in fewer teeth it's not like the higher level players have extra energy to get bears why can't everyone have the same amount to give in

janf2
05-14-17, 10:34 AM
So hard getting 400 bear teeth why do they make the goals impossible to achieve ������ also how come lower level players get to give in fewer teeth it's not like the higher level players have extra energy to get bears why can't everyone have the same amount to give in

I agree on the 400 bear teeth, I've had my phone with me all day every day and with 13 hours left I still only have 130 teeth.
I won't be getting a Frizzly Bear that's for sure.

riverly
05-14-17, 11:30 AM
Crafting the Knights Trial takes 3 hours(timed goal) on Ch 10. Needs to be finished before timer runs out.
Crafting the Steed (black steed)takes 2 hours(not timed goal)

HuckleTown
05-14-17, 12:47 PM
Thank you to my neighbors for a quick response. I was lucky enough to not get the non-receipt bug.

I agree the knights tribute is way too big. It's as big as some of the buildings.

Good luck to those still working on this. Timing really is everything on the last day.

puzzlecatz
05-14-17, 01:06 PM

Hi Spirit Wind. Nice to hear from you. I tried several times force quitting and still could not get past 19. After about ten hours and seeing what everyone else was going through on the forums I decided to pay the 6 gems to complete the requests and was finally able to complete the quest and get my steed. I am wondering if S8 will re-imburse the people who ended up using gems to complete the requests since there was definitely a glitch in the game

puzzlecatz
05-14-17, 01:13 PM
For all those who felt forced to use gems because of this glitch, please submit something to S8.

I am on this part now and refuse to use gems if S8 has an issue at their end. I am documenting everyone that answers my request so I can report that to S8. If it's an S8 issue, we all deserve the end prize (maybe even both).

I'm still miffed that they acknowledged a problem with the adventure drops but didn't compensate those players that had to use way too many resources (I spent 3 days sending adventures probably about 30 sent, while others had to send 50+. That's a lot of resources wasted).

I ended up spending 6 gems on the final day to get my final bouquet after waiting 10 hours. I would be happy if S8 would re- I bourse us

kendysek
05-14-17, 01:16 PM
Just want to thank for this non stressfull event. That was just some cliks a day and then I was taking care of my kingdom. Maybe I was just really lucky. I also want to thank all my great neighbors that helped me with requests. Now I have my own dark knight steed that gave me 2 gems now!

Clark_Wayne
05-14-17, 01:23 PM
everyone crafted the black steed ? anybody crafted the white steed ?
could someone tell if the white steed 1st drop is 2 gems too ?

wamboltia
05-14-17, 01:33 PM
I can see right now, I'm probably not going to finish this one, which is a shame cause I was 3 days behind trying to find wisp from the adventure and managed to catch-up only to fall apart with neighbor requests things. I never have good luck with neighbors. So if anyone else is in the same boat needing a request my ID is wamboltia and I have notifications on and will accept ASAP

cheers196
05-14-17, 01:43 PM
I can see right now, I'm probably not going to finish this one, which is a shame cause I was 3 days behind trying to find wisp from the adventure and managed to catch-up only to fall apart with neighbor requests things. I never have good luck with neighbors. So if anyone else is in the same boat needing a request my ID is wamboltia and I have notifications on and will accept ASAP

I just sent you an invite from my two kingdoms. Hope you can get all the requests in time!

smtpx
05-14-17, 01:50 PM

Yep I did it and yep I received 2 gems!

ktorewqas
05-14-17, 01:54 PM
Yep I did it and yep I received 2 gems!same here. I got 2 gems from my white horse too :)

gfp60
05-14-17, 01:55 PM
I was working chapter 10, using gems for Goal 1 and Goal 2, as I'm getting short on time and couldn't be online to finish. After completing Goal two, I was unable to do Goal 3. I had to use six more gems to finish Goal 1 (again) and it took me to Goal 3. Great, except that my Writ was missing and I can't choose a steed! Also, I've followed this to the tee, not skipping ahead until today. I remember crafting a plushy knights sword-- that is gone, too! Nor do I see a helmet, which I honestly don't recall crafting. What can I do to rectify all this? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have force closed, rebooted iPad and deleted & reinstalled, all to no avail.

KekeAndLittle
05-14-17, 02:02 PM
Day 10, with ten hours left. Still need 19 out of 20 bouquet/thanks, 4 more bones and 3 golden eggs. So close, and yet all very far...
I have been clicking on my chickens ad nauseam and rarely get a golden egg 1, maybe 2, but definitely no more- in past 7 days. The gold mine, which usually gives me golden eggs frequently hadn't given one up in 7 days. Also, Adimeer, who usually drops a gold item every third time or so, hasn't given me ANY gold items at all in last 7 days.
Question..can golden eggs still drop from chickens if regular white eggs and/or roast chicken are full at 99?. It has been very difficult to keep white eggs under 99, as there are just not a lot of places to use them up.
Mahalo for your help.

ShibuyaCloth
05-14-17, 02:27 PM
All cards & pics are in:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98639-Castle-Story-5-4-Storybook-event-The-Knight-s-Tale&p=1416610&viewfull=1#post1416610

Just missing the drops from the major prizes.

cheers196
05-14-17, 02:34 PM
I was working chapter 10, using gems for Goal 1 and Goal 2, as I'm getting short on time and couldn't be online to finish. After completing Goal two, I was unable to do Goal 3. I had to use six more gems to finish Goal 1 (again) and it took me to Goal 3. Great, except that my Writ was missing and I can't choose a steed! Also, I've followed this to the tee, not skipping ahead until today. I remember crafting a plushy knights sword-- that is gone, too! Nor do I see a helmet, which I honestly don't recall crafting. What can I do to rectify all this? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have force closed, rebooted iPad and deleted & reinstalled, all to no avail.

You don't have the sword and the helm maybe because you started to craft for the part 3 and used up those? Then you were not able to collect it before timer runs out? So you didn't get the writ, maybe? Just my guess... Another person said she/he did not get anything when she/he collected from magic forge because of this.

riverly
05-14-17, 02:45 PM
I started crafting just before midnight. I was under the belief that I could collect it after the three hours construction time.

And why would I be offered another writ if a steed can not be obtained after the event?i don't want to beat a dead horse(bad pun) but are you sure you don't have the ability to craft the steed in your forge? I too am trying to understand what that writ was for. I hate that this happened to you. And you're right -it is you know what. I really don't know how players can do these without the forum.

gfp60
05-14-17, 02:57 PM
No, I didn't use those parts. There was a glitch somewhere along the way. I received the Writ, then it disappeared, which has caused me not to be able to move forward.

wamboltia
05-14-17, 03:06 PM

You guys are awesome!!! Filled my request, thanks so so much!!

cheers196
05-14-17, 03:13 PM
No, I didn't use those parts. There was a glitch somewhere along the way. I received the Writ, then it disappeared, which has caused me not to be able to move forward.

I am a little confused. You have to use those parts to get the writ. Then you use the writ to craft the steed. Do you mean you gem skipped the part 3 of chapter 10?

mitsmarduke
05-14-17, 03:15 PM
Day 10, with ten hours left. Still need 19 out of 20 bouquet/thanks, 4 more bones and 3 golden eggs. So close, and yet all very far...
I have been clicking on my chickens ad nauseam and rarely get a golden egg 1, maybe 2, but definitely no more- in past 7 days. The gold mine, which usually gives me golden eggs frequently hadn't given one up in 7 days. Also, Adimeer, who usually drops a gold item every third time or so, hasn't given me ANY gold items at all in last 7 days.
Question..can golden eggs still drop from chickens if regular white eggs and/or roast chicken are full at 99?. It has been very difficult to keep white eggs under 99, as there are just not a lot of places to use them up.
Mahalo for your help.

Yes,it can still drop when eggs are full. Note if you have a Bride Swan or Groom Swan, you can get a golden egg from them if you're lucky.

federerGOAT
05-14-17, 03:43 PM

I crafted a different coloured steed in my two kingdom, and they both dropped gems the first time.

HuckleTown
05-14-17, 03:49 PM
Does the Knight Tribute drop anything useful? It's so out of proportion with the rest of my kingdom, I think it will need to be stored.

fhyffddh
05-14-17, 03:56 PM
Does the Knight Tribute drop anything useful? It's so out of proportion with the rest of my kingdom, I think it will need to be stored.

Nope, just 200 coins. I like it though so am leaving it out - I just pretend it is deco and don't waste energy on collecting from it.

Den8137259
05-14-17, 03:57 PM
★ Buyers Beware: the Knights Tribune drops coins and is available on market for 100 coins .. ★

★ but do note that you cannot sell the Second Tribune if you buy it, the storage and selloff buttons are removed.. this is nothing but a liability and a space hogger ! ★

★ check out the requirements to build one .. never buy second one unless you love it so (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_0nIWfU0AAFoqB.jpg

KekeAndLittle
05-14-17, 03:57 PM
Yes,it can still drop when eggs are full. Note if you have a Bride Swan or Groom Swan, you can get a golden egg from them if you're lucky.

Thanks, but unfortunately don't own them. But it helps alot to know I don't have to have space for more white eggs in order to get a golden egg to drop. Saves me from wasting energy trying to get milk in order to use up the eggs, so thanks for that tip!

Anikaof9
05-14-17, 05:29 PM
★ Buyers Beware: the Knights Tribune drops coins and is available on market for 100 coins .. ★

★ but do note that you cannot sell the Second Tribune if you buy it, the storage and selloff buttons are removed.. this is nothing but a liability and a space hogger ! ★

★ check out the requirements to build one .. never buy second one unless you love it so (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_0nIWfU0AAFoqB.jpg

I made this mistake before I read this post...so now I have a second one I can't get rid of. I don't have enough eggs to build the second one yet so it just sits there. If I build it will I be able to put it into storage then, or would I have to sell the first one in order to put it into storage. Or is it stuck on my board for all time. Has anyone built two that can let me know?

calicokittennope
05-14-17, 07:16 PM
12+ hours of checking off and on all day, and not one single event request showed up, so if you requested from me, I never saw it. I only got requests for non-event quests today.

Also do low levels need 10 eggs too? If so I'm not handing over the teeth, since I do not have 10 eggs!

darthkris
05-14-17, 07:19 PM
I had to use gems in the end because my counter was stuck on 18 with those bouquets.
I asked some neighbors who play frequently if they had gotten my request and guess what?!
Of course not!!! :mad:
One day after this event has ended I received many bouquets.
What kind of stupid mess is this?
I want my gems back because there must have been a glitch!
Where can I file something? Just not right what happened here since I don't seem to be the only one facing this issue!

1ch1ps
05-14-17, 07:45 PM
I wasn't able to finish the thing that needed the golden eggs, and I don't want to waste Golden eggs on it, just to dump it into inventory. I was only doing it for the quest. How can I get rid of it? I don't have room. It would be nice if support could just delete it. I'm sure there's a bunch of people with the same problem...we should get a choice to delete things like this after the end of the quest

jesslau9
05-14-17, 07:49 PM
Wish i didn't start it because we need help from neighbor TWICE, which is always a problem for many. I had to buy 1 final invite for chapter 10 & 6 bones!

Now I'm all out of bones...

PrincessCupOButter
05-14-17, 08:33 PM
I will never understand how the neighbor requests work. I sent out at least 40 for the bouquets, as soon as the day started. When I woke up 5 hours later, I had 18 responses. So I sent out at least a dozen more and gave it another 2 hours before getting the last 2. I have not received one response today. So apparently the unanswered requests from yesterday did not roll over. Not that it matters, I obviously don't need them. I just wonder why some do roll over and some don't. :confused:

Most of the requests I received today were for the scrolls, but they were all only minutes or hours old, so I felt safe in accepting them. I don't want to mess anyone up by responding to an old request on day ten.

Feedback: This event was much more relaxed for me. Who would have ever thought I'd learn to appreciate storybooks? Conditioning I guess. Lol! I truly hated storybooks until we were introduced to leaderboards and the barons tea party. Those make storybooks seem fun!

BUT, there should never be neighbor requests twice in one timed event and NEVER EVER on the last day! I was one of the lucky ones (Thanks awesome neighbors!) but I hate seeing so many people forced to use gems or give up, or run out of time over something totally beyond our control. The limit that can be received daily needs to either be raised or made unlimited. OR it needs to be coded so that old requests always expire at the start of each new day. That way we would have to send out new requests, but we don't risk having an old request take up a precious limited spot on time sensitive requirements.

I realize selling gems and value packs is important to developers, but IMO, S8 missed out on a bonanza by refusing to allow players to purchase a second horse. There are ways to make money that do not involve making players feel forced to spend. In fact, that always makes me more determined to NOT spend.

400 bear teeth was extreme, especially for a prize with poor drops, but it wasn't completely frustrating, because for the most part the bears spawn rate was very good. (Unlike the tea party with it's horrible drop rates)

Overall, this one was much better for me, but I didn't experience the bugs with requests, and I was able to get the wisps and helm without too much trouble. I do think there should be some compensation for those who were unable to finish the event because they got stuck for days and ran out of resources for the wisps before the drop rate was improved. And also for those who had to "buy" flowers on day ten due to issues with the requests.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck to those still at it!

Ps. My dark horse also dropped 2 gems for the first collection. Thanks S8, for a great prize this time!

babublik
05-14-17, 08:35 PM
I didn't see a post for it, if there is one, sorry! Trying to keep track of what steps so far.

Low Level
(I was level 26 when I started, I'm 27 now)l

CHAPTER 1 (3 steps)

Visit 2 Marketplaces (A day or something refresh?)
Visit 5 Cottages (4 hour refresh)
Visit 5 Farmhouses (10 minute refresh)

CHAPTER 2 (3 steps)
Visit Library (I got book on first visit)
(Step 2 auto completed, with Ivy saying something like "You did it!")
Read a Plushy Knight's Tale to Ivy

CHAPTER 3 - same for everyone including the adventure. (SW)

CHAPTER 4 - (4 steps) (It was the same as high level version)
Introduce yourself to the squire girl (clicking "Hello")
Place a Dark Wisp Lily (To the Potion Shop!)
Place a Light Wisp Lily (To the Potion Shop!)
Harvest the Dark and Light Wisp Lilies

CHAPTER 5 - (3 steps) Same as high levels!
Gather 25 Light Petals (I pre-collected a few yesterday, it stayed at 0/25 then after a bit it caught up to what i owned!)
Gather 25 Dark Petals
Forge the sword

CHAPTER 6 (3 steps)

Steps 1 and 2 are same as high level

Step 3: Slay 15 Frizzly Bears

added this for you... SW :) (you can delete this line when you're next here.) (thank you!!!)

Chapter 7:
Goal 1 Visit Kingdoms (Search for Moffrey!) 0/10 Visit
Goal 2 Receive Knight's Scroll (Get these from your neighbors.) 0/10 Ask (Edited to match my quest, 10 not 20)
Goal 3 Summon Moffrey 0/1 Summon

Chapter 8:
Goal 1 Slay monsters 0/5 Bears count as monsters
Goal 2 Give fur 0/40 (edit to add on May 13th: I am 27 and have give 50 fur, not 40)
Goal 3 Celebrate at a Tavern Level 3 0/1 G

(thank you!)

Chapter 9 (3 steps) (So far same as high levels at step 1)
Slay 15 Frizzly Bears
Give 50 teeth
(not there yet)Assume based off dialog it's find a knight helm too.

Chapter 10 (I'l add it May 15 when it starts for me)

edit: May 14th 9:30pm, I will be unable to continue if it requires 10 eggs, I don't have 10. Debating if I give up 50 teeth for quest and hope the gold egg count is lower tomorrow for us low levels or keep the teeth and craft the bear!

Want me to edit this post, re-post a new post each day, or not bother if there's hardly any low levels? yes please! Okay! :)

Chapter 10 for lower level players is the same for goal 2 & I'm assuming goal 3. Goal 1 is 10 flowers not 20. I'm stuck on goal 2 as I only have 8/10 golden eggs :(

SpiritWind00
05-14-17, 08:41 PM
https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee10/ginapooh35/vote.gif
I have added a timed poll about the event to this thread. Please refresh your screens to see it.

Make sure you select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.

babublik
05-14-17, 09:00 PM
:( I feel robbed. I was more than 3 days behind on this event because I only had 1 marketplace so it took me almost 3 days to finish chapter 1. Today I finally caught up thanks to some awesome neighbors that fulfilled both requests within 24 hrs... Don't know how that happened... But I got lucky. However, now I only have 3 hrs left to finish the goal and I will finish with about 7 min to spare, but I had to purchase gems and am not happy about that. I tried very hard and put time and effort, so I guess I'd be more disappointed to walk away with nothing... I simply didn't have enough golden eggs. I just hope my $4.99 stallion pays his dues in drops (as advertised) or I'll never spend money on goals again.

flowerqueen007
05-14-17, 09:11 PM
My only criticism of this event is we couldnt pay extra and get a second steed, I like things in sets its my OCD, now everytime I see my lonely steed it makes me anxious, it might be stored.

calicokittennope
05-14-17, 09:38 PM
Chapter 10 for lower level players is the same for goal 2 & I'm assuming goal 3. Goal 1 is 10 flowers not 20. I'm stuck on goal 2 as I only have 8/10 golden eggs :(

Oh man this sucks! I have 6 eggs :( My chicken army is stingy. Thank you very much for the info! I'll go add it to the list for others too.

I'll craft the bear when I reach 225 instead of handing over 50 for chapter 9's step 2 and just stop and not do step 3 and chapter 10 then.

Those eggs are too hard to get, for me anyway.

edit to add: It's been over 48h and I never have gotten an event related request, but the first request round I sent out got filled quickly early that day. Even new neighbors who added me to request, nothing shows up. I force close every hour or two, unless I'm sleeping.

mitsmarduke
05-14-17, 09:49 PM
Thanks, but unfortunately don't own them. But it helps alot to know I don't have to have space for more white eggs in order to get a golden egg to drop. Saves me from wasting energy trying to get milk in order to use up the eggs, so thanks for that tip!

Do you have any Pots of Gold? Check your I inventory, I just opened one and got a gold egg and a gem.

MoonVillage3
05-14-17, 10:25 PM
My feedback:
It would have been extra satisfying if we could have had.. in some way.. the 'pair' of steeds. like flowerqueen above I enjoy pairing off my animals.

Even if frizzly bear is easily spawned and still can be crafted after completing the steed.. and continued even if you have crafted 1, but.. the 400 teeth requested (with no energy return) is overwhelming and did create problem limits, in time, very high energy consume, risk of repeated compulsive actions, anger, frustrations and boredom.. for only a bear that gives milk. I would have completed another one if drops were worthwhile, but, adding up the pros and cons.. will be stored anyway like my pair of polar bears due to lack of space and not being useful. My compliments to those who were able!

The steed gave a pleasant surprise of gems on first collection.. let's hope this continues! as the last events have been giving beautiful but 'no profit' objects even after unusually high level requests to complete. This deludes the player and makes you think.. why is this done? Virtual Games have been created for relax, enjoyment and to take away RL frustrations, not to cause it. The right dose of attraction is needed to entertain players, but exaggerated doses drives players to abandon.

babublik
05-14-17, 10:29 PM
Oh man this sucks! I have 6 eggs :( My chicken army is stingy. Thank you very much for the info! I'll go add it to the list for others too.

I'll craft the bear when I reach 225 instead of handing over 50 for chapter 9's step 2 and just stop and not do step 3 and chapter 10 then.

Those eggs are too hard to get, for me anyway.

edit to add: It's been over 48h and I never have gotten an event related request, but the first request round I sent out got filled quickly early that day. Even new neighbors who added me to request, nothing shows up. I force close every hour or two, unless I'm sleeping.

You're welcome, I was in the same boat but a bit more fortunate as I had 8 eggs... I don't know how many times I clicked on chickens to find eggs but got nothing. I ended up buying the last two for 40 something gems each & now I have 0 eggs which means I'm probably out for the next event if these requirements keep up. Anyway, happy to help :)

riverly
05-14-17, 11:07 PM
:( I feel robbed. I was more than 3 days behind on this event because I only had 1 marketplace so it took me almost 3 days to finish chapter 1. Today I finally caught up thanks to some awesome neighbors that fulfilled both requests within 24 hrs... Don't know how that happened... But I got lucky. However, now I only have 3 hrs left to finish the goal and I will finish with about 7 min to spare, but I had to purchase gems and am not happy about that. I tried very hard and put time and effort, so I guess I'd be more disappointed to walk away with nothing... I simply didn't have enough golden eggs. I just hope my $4.99 stallion pays his dues in drops (as advertised) or I'll never spend money on goals again.If it was me in this situation, I would keep a really close eye on the timer! It would be horrible if it ran out. Good Luck.

babublik
05-15-17, 12:18 AM
Thanks riverly, I set my timer and am now crafting my horse so at least there's that :)

calicokittennope
05-15-17, 12:29 AM
Woo! I got my first knight's bouquet request from someone! (as in they requested from me) Wasn't sure they'd ever show up.

Andro45
05-15-17, 12:43 AM
Oh, I'm sooooo lucky. I'm waiting for my 10 bouquets and just leveled up to 31...Wouldn't have made this (especially with the boar pelts) if I was level 31 when this event started.

The new Castle story day started at 9AM for me and I'm currently waiting for my 10 and 20 bouquets coming in (impatiently of course :D). Sent requests to the kingdoms I asked in chapter 7 and some more to be on the safe side.

Checked first to see how may knights scrolls were in my inventory (so if I'm missing bouquets I will be able to check if I got knight scrolls instead). But I'm pretty optimistic about my chances of getting the horses.

SpiritWind, is it possible to select more than one option in the poll?

There is definetly something weird going on. I have given myself a bouquet when my request was a couple of minutes old and now I'm getting a request from a neighbor that is 3 hours old. My own request was sent less than an our ago...

katbtodd
05-15-17, 01:17 AM

White steed here , she droped 2 gems and jewels

SpiritWind00
05-15-17, 01:28 AM
SpiritWind, is it possible to select more than one option in the poll?

Yes, It is multiple choice.... So click away! :)

kiryuuku123
05-15-17, 01:30 AM
I have 80+ neighbors and sent them all invites for the neighbours requests the first one I had to spend gems on getting 4 of the scrolls the 2nd time I have to spend gems on 2 of the bouquets off my neighbors are active but a lot didn't receive the requests please put my name down for reporting this problem I felt I had to spend money on gems because I really wanted the steed and I'm sad I won't be able to get the grizzly bear because I need 400 bear teeth and only have 107 

cavegirl1
05-15-17, 01:54 AM
I will never understand how the neighbor requests work. I sent out at least 40 for the bouquets, as soon as the day started. When I woke up 5 hours later, I had 18 responses. So I sent out at least a dozen more and gave it another 2 hours before getting the last 2. I have not received one response today. So apparently the unanswered requests from yesterday did not roll over. Not that it matters, I obviously don't need them. I just wonder why some do roll over and some don't. :confused:

It is weird. It has definitely worked differently for me this time. I sent out more than 20 requests for day 7. Now on day 9 and have not received any scrolls after the initial 20 on that first day, so they don't seem to have rolled over. And I know everyone I sent to is doing this event.

Will be sure I send requests on day 10 to everyone I sent to on day 7, to (hopefully) ensure they override any previously unfulfilled requests.

Cesar49
05-15-17, 02:07 AM
I'm confused by the timing of this event. I started day 9 at 8.00am today - I'm 8 hours ahead of Storm8 time - and the book on my screen says (correctly) 2 days left, but when I open the task book it says event expires in 1 day! I've been doing each day in the correct amount of time, and began before the event started automatically, so how much time do I have?!

SpiritWind00
05-15-17, 02:21 AM
Time rounds up until you get down below 1 day and then it turns to hours. So, you're right on track.

dragoniakingdom
05-15-17, 02:24 AM
I'm confused by the timing of this event. I started day 9 at 8.00am today - I'm 8 hours ahead of Storm8 time - and the book on my screen says (correctly) 2 days left, but when I open the task book it says event expires in 1 day! I've been doing each day in the correct amount of time, and began before the event started automatically, so how much time do I have?!

It's less than 48 hours so the correct time is the 1 day plus x hours. It is very confusing & wish they would show in the task book the actual time. When you go under 24 hours left then it shows you the time left in hours.

Edit: Bit slow typing SpiritWind had replied in the meantime :rolleyes:

GC5410
05-15-17, 02:35 AM
I got my steed 2 days ago, yay!

I didn't enjoy the random drops section, getting the wisps, but the rest was fine for me. I send out 85 requests for chapter 7 and then about 150 requests for chapter 10 and got a quick response from my neighbours, so I was lucky there and didn't need to use any gems.

Still 30 short for the bear, but can hopefully finish today! I missed a day yesterday, because I went to go see the new Pirates of the Carribean film! Great film, so worth missing a day of play for it! :)

Cesar49
05-15-17, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the replies, SpiritWind and dragoniakingdom. That's a relief. I've just finished day9 so now the long wait for the last day!

idrispad
05-15-17, 03:03 AM
I'm trying to work out why on earth I spent so much time and effort crafting a bear that drops milk and rat tails :confused:

ragga666
05-15-17, 03:43 AM
Very disappointed in total failure. Only got 14 required bouquets so couldn't progress. My bears only ever dropped 1 tooth so had less than 100 at the end.

katbtodd
05-15-17, 03:57 AM
Thinking our beautiful steed is nothing more then another dragon, max flag saying "maxed on dragon scales "

iona2012
05-15-17, 04:02 AM
Until what date/time will we have to craft the bear?

cavegirl1
05-15-17, 04:57 AM
Until what date/time will we have to craft the bear?

Have a look at this reply to a similar question from others
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98716-The-official-871-club!&p=1419393#post1419393

starnanou
05-15-17, 05:49 AM
Over all, I think this quest, was less stressful than the last ones. A huge thank to the forum 💋 I'm sure I couldn't make it without you.
I didn't went for the bear 'couse then that would stress me out. But I think it was good as optional quest for players that either have the time for that or the nerve.
Love you all.