PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard 2017-05-05 : Twisting River

Clark_Wayne
05-04-17, 10:51 AM
No ! please no egypt type in leaderboard ! sigh !

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36678&d=1493920276 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36678&d=1493920276)

starship412
05-04-17, 10:53 AM
Ugh, another ************ I have no chance of winning. Ah well, I hope the milestones are good.

Clark_Wayne
05-04-17, 10:59 AM
i hoped for egypt type return but not in leaderboard :eek: ! sigh !
both dragons are really beautiful !

Florr06
05-04-17, 11:01 AM
These dragons look beautiful, unfortunately I don't have a big chance of getting them :) but, only 2 new dragons this time? Isn't it usually 3?

jbyn4e
05-04-17, 11:05 AM
^^
Well it's the "birthday party" so we are getting less... everything goes to S8, they don't wanna share it with us! :confused:

Clark_Wayne
05-04-17, 11:24 AM
These dragons look beautiful, unfortunately I don't have a big chance of getting them :) but, only 2 new dragons this time? Isn't it usually 3?

no it is not always 3 new dragons . sometimes there are 2 , sometimes there are 3 ;)

random59
05-04-17, 11:35 AM
i hoped for egypt type return but not in leaderboard :eek: ! sigh !
both dragons are really beautiful !

Absolutely love these 2 But I won the last leaderboard in the most chilled out group to date, with no gold used. I do believe I will be in amongst the win at all costs group but unfortunately my food tally has dropped below 500,000 usually I start with over a million. :-/

jaymieb2
05-04-17, 01:19 PM
Personally, I like the Leaderboard events. I know I won't take 1st/2nd, but usually rank in the 4-6 range. I can breed the dragons I want, stock up on food... usually grow 300K+ worth of food during the Leaderboard in preparation for the next Tale. I get free dragons, and maybe a habitat for doing what I would probably be doing anyway, AND I get free food at the end because of my rank.

So, yeah... I like leaderboard events.

belarica
05-04-17, 01:20 PM
I have 2.1 million apples and hungry dragons. Bring it on!

Hartoled
05-04-17, 01:57 PM
I have more than a million apples, a new 2nd Evolution Temple, 8 10x Farm Boosts, 8 10x Nest Boosts, a bunch of gold, and more than a dozen infant Diamonds saved up. That's all preparation for a Leaderboard. That's *****ing with a singular purpose, laid out months in advance. :p

So these are Egypt types? That's awesome! I hope they have a new habitat and perhaps the old one in the Milestones.

njbhugjjgnj
05-04-17, 02:14 PM
I have more than a million apples, a new 2nd Evolution Temple, 8 10x Farm Boosts, 8 10x Nest Boosts, a bunch of gold, and more than a dozen infant Diamonds saved up. That's all preparation for a Leaderboard. That's *****ing with a singular purpose, laid out months in advance. :p

So these are Egypt types? That's awesome! I hope they have a new habitat and perhaps the old one in the Milestones.

Very impressive :) I hope that I don't end up in your group...lol. I can get competitive too ;). I have plenty of gold,lots of SR/UR to play with. Food level is low....working on that at the moment, only thing I wish I had were the diamond babies :( Too much time trying to breed new dragons with not much luck so,we'll see how it goes. Good luck to everyone!

random59
05-04-17, 02:28 PM

Oh my, please let me not be in your group, good luck but with those stats you are going to me a WINNER by the sounds of it!

Hartoled
05-04-17, 02:48 PM
The last Leaderboard that we had, the most difficult part was trying to not get too far out in advance of the pack. I think the final score was less than my typical round of Bingo.

Depending upon how this round goes, I want to stay in the pack and let everybody think they can win before I crush their bones and feed them to my Firegrass, so that he gets smart enough to learn his place behind the Life Dragon. Just kidding! (...but that would probably be the best scenario for S8 to make a lot of bucks)

njbhugjjgnj
05-04-17, 04:01 PM
The last Leaderboard that we had, the most difficult part was trying to not get too far out in advance of the pack. I think the final score was less than my typical round of Bingo.

Depending upon how this round goes, I want to stay in the pack and let everybody think they can win before I crush their bones and feed them to my Firegrass, so that he gets smart enough to learn his place behind the Life Dragon. Just kidding! (...but that would probably be the best scenario for S8 to make a lot of bucks)

Funny,that's usually my strategy as well ;). I stay within the top 5 until the last 10 mins,then I release my Ninja dragon :)

DR0G0N
05-04-17, 04:02 PM
I just "wish" they would bring back the Pyramid dragon.

Hartoled
05-04-17, 04:06 PM

That miserable Beast was a Pill in the Quicksand Tournament! I finally beat him with a level 7 Sphinx, after he a pranced all over my first string dragons.

JustKay
05-04-17, 04:13 PM

There's almost zero chance they won't be Egypt types, and given the special type they would need to provide a special type habitat. I suspect that the old habitat will return as that was Egypt only. It's a nice habitat, but given the streamlining at S8, it's very likely they will reuse the existing one rather than create a new one as most newer players wouldn't even have the original one.

starship412
05-04-17, 04:21 PM

I'd love that DR0G0N! FlatFoot, can we get this back? It'd be a first for Android I think.

JustKay
05-04-17, 04:30 PM

BAM! Rainstorm of 3 Million Apples Attack, clearing into a combo of Rainbow of Diamonds Attack :p

I still hope we don't end up in the same group though :)

Hartoled
05-04-17, 04:30 PM
There's almost zero chance they won't be Egypt types, and given the special type they would need to provide a special type habitat. I suspect that the old habitat will return as that was Egypt only. It's a nice habitat, but given the streamlining at S8, it's very likely they will reuse the existing one rather than create a new one as most newer players wouldn't even have the original one.

They should give me two Egypt habitats in these milestones to make up for the two Sand Citadels that they gave me in the last one.

I'll happily buy the new model, if they make one.

I'm kinda also hoping that they have a Spin to Win with the Egypt Dragon on it.

JustKay
05-04-17, 04:34 PM
I'd love that DR0G0N! FlatFoot, can we get this back? It'd be a first for Android I think.

I have one but I'd +1 that too. It'd be an awesome milestone prize. Could even be a lower level milestone prize too since it's just a rare dragon, but it would be a step towards completing the full set of types available for most current players.

DR0G0N
05-04-17, 04:37 PM
That miserable Beast was a Pill in the Quicksand Tournament! I finally beat him with a level 7 Sphinx, after he a pranced all over my first string dragons.

Surprisingly, it only took one try by using my level 13 Lost Love K.O. I figure since Egypt is a neutral type, I'll just use one of my Valentine type (neutral vs neutral) and have the water type to water down that sand. LOL, But I think it was just luck since most have trouble against it.

Anyways, a good fighter to add to the collection.

DR0G0N
05-04-17, 04:45 PM
Yes, and I "wish" they bring it back in either limited time breeding or milestones (preferably the latter), not in value pack. This gives everyone a chance to obtain one of the ADIPPS collection.

starship412
05-04-17, 04:46 PM
Surprisingly, it only took one try by using my level 13 Lost Love K.O. I figure since Egypt is a neutral type, I'll just use one of my Valentine type (neutral vs neutral) and have the water type to water down that sand. LOL, But I think it was just luck since most have trouble against it.

Anyways, a good fighter to add to the collection.

I beat Pyramid with Dame of Darkness but I like your strategy with the Lost Love and it does make sense to use a neutral Valentine that has the blue to down the sand. I will keep that in mind if I ever have to fight it again. I just hope Pyramid does come back in either a World Event or even a Leaderboard but as a mid milestone however.

Clark_Wayne
05-04-17, 04:46 PM

in the past , this pyramid helped me a lot against champions ;)
took down lot of champ for me
i think that it is considered as a pure type like passion :)

Hartoled
05-04-17, 04:55 PM
Maybe that is also why the Sphinx prevailed, DR0G0N. He's got a blue element. I think you unearthed a riddle from the Sands of Time.

starship412
05-04-17, 04:57 PM
Yes, and I "wish" they bring it back in either limited time breeding or milestones (preferably the latter), not in value pack. This gives everyone a chance to obtain one of the ADIPPS collection.

I definitely would like to complete the ADIPPS collection soon. The only ones I have are DIP - Diamond, Infinity and Passion. Still missing Achillies big time. Hopefully the S8 Gods will let me get one during this "leaderboard" event.

Den8137259
05-04-17, 08:14 PM
★ hey these are nice looking dragons, they're great design too! ★
but alas only few winners get them ★
I do hope luck on my side to be paired up with sleepers lol ★ (:

random59
05-05-17, 12:44 AM
Funny,that's usually my strategy as well ;). I stay within the top 5 until the last 10 mins,then I release my Ninja dragon :)

I would love to be able to do that, BUT I cannot see me setting the alarm for 2.30am just to be a stealthy ninja!(Teehee)

aprilbluebird
05-05-17, 08:41 AM

How are you able to get so much food? Having more than 100k food is rare for me and I always struggle in the Tales events where you need to level up dragons.

FlatFoot
05-05-17, 10:09 AM

Mmmmm...maybe.

Hartoled
05-05-17, 10:25 AM
How are you able to get so much food? Having more than 100k food is rare for me and I always struggle in the Tales events where you need to level up dragons.

I starve my dragons unless there is a very good reward for feeding them, or I am feeding up a dragon that I think will reward me in the Arena. I also get the 10x Farm boosts from Bingo and try to dedicate about 3 hours a week to just maximizing their output. If I work hard at it, I can get about 50k from a boost. It doesn't come fast or easy, that's for sure.

The constant need to breed Common dragons is helped by my bank of immature dragons, I believe. They say there's no difference between mature and adolescent dragons, but I have seen a rare high level dragon break loose a stubborn egg from the Roost too many times to believe there is nothing to it.

But high level dragons are also not always the key. Some pairings might work best by using Adults instead of Epics. You just have to keep trying until one way works, and then that way seems to be repeatable.

Den8137259
05-05-17, 10:29 AM

Lol Hartoled ★

katali119
05-05-17, 10:38 AM
Mmmmm...maybe.

You crack me up :) Thankyou :)

lenasdinner
05-05-17, 10:39 AM
if not the prize dragon,I'm really happy with all milestone..... HIDDEN OASIS...PYRAMID.....CLEOPATRA.....PHARAOH this all I'm gonna get!

Florr06
05-05-17, 10:41 AM
Love it... I can get a habitat for my Sphinx dragon and get some new dragons :)

Hartoled
05-05-17, 10:43 AM
if not the prize dragon,I'm really happy with all milestone..... HIDDEN OASIS...PYRAMID.....CLEOPATRA.....PHARAOH this all I'm gonna get!

Some pretty awesome Milestones! Most players should be able to get the Pyramid to sweeten up their Arena Beasts.

Den8137259
05-05-17, 10:48 AM
★ good grief .. 5 players are now using the boosters ★ :confused:

https://pbs-h2.twimg.com/media/C_FKavjUMAAi9JO.jpg

Florr06
05-05-17, 10:52 AM
For me, I pretty much plant Diamondates and Rushrooms non-stop, except during Community Events, I also try to mine as much as possible (don't waste those bombs) and send my Magic dragons questing for food all the time.
I try to level up mostly baby and juvenile dragons. I try to keep my food levels above a certain mark, which is currently 1.5 million. I am now at 1.3 million after the Tales, so I won't level up to high levels until I reach 1.5 again.
I used to struggle a lot with Tales as well, but as my island expanded and dragons grew bigger, I started earning more and more coins and now I can easily sustain my food levels and even grow them :)

Hartoled
05-05-17, 10:53 AM
Only one player using a 1.5 boost in mine, but the field doesn't seem to be fully populated yet. I think I'll wait a while before I display any anti-social behavior.

I'm happy to see that I don't seem to have any of my Neighbors in my group.

katali119
05-05-17, 11:01 AM
Please remember, all you guys going for the Gold....some of us can't get the milestones without the extra spin points, for which we require the leaders to be far ahead. Please think of us :)

Hartoled
05-05-17, 11:18 AM
Please remember, all you guys going for the Gold....some of us can't get the milestones without the extra spin points, for which we require the leaders to be far ahead. Please think of us :)

:D Best to wait a while, and let the early bloomers get some distance, so your first spins are big ones.

Looks like the two available habitats will just hold all of the dragons, but it seems we'll have to buy the Mummy Dragon, so stock up on a few extra bars of Gold today, while it's on sale.

Oh, wait! The Pharaoh is an oddball with no Egypt attribute, and some might need to buy the Sphinx, which I can testify, was worth owning in that last Tournament.

katali119
05-05-17, 11:26 AM
Well the leader is way out ahead. Mind you, that happened last time and I though I had no chance, and then the second place randomly stopped playing for the last 4 days or something!

Hartoled
05-05-17, 11:31 AM
Well the leader is way out ahead. Mind you, that happened last time and I though I had no chance, and then the second place randomly stopped playing for the last 4 days or something!

There's always danger of real life interfering. I know my relatives love to visit during the last days of Leaderboards, and they are totally capable of making me forget to play.

starship412
05-05-17, 11:42 AM
I'm not even going to bother trying to win the grand prize. All the milestones are wonderful enough. Good job in the dragons chosen for this event.

njbhugjjgnj
05-05-17, 12:01 PM
Only one player using a 1.5 boost in mine, but the field doesn't seem to be fully populated yet. I think I'll wait a while before I display any anti-social behavior.

I'm happy to see that I don't seem to have any of my Neighbors in my group.

I'm happy not to see you and JustKay in my group :p lol. I have at least 2 in my group that I need to pay close attention to.....it's still early so,we'll see how it plays out.

starship412
05-05-17, 12:28 PM
Amerirish, do you have a description of the milestone dragons?

PinkBubbles75
05-05-17, 12:47 PM
I want that pharaoh dragon and that habitat. I don't know how I feel about the cleopatra dragon... it looks cool but also weird at the same time in my opinion.

njbhugjjgnj
05-05-17, 01:09 PM
I want that pharaoh dragon and that habitat. I don't know how I feel about the cleopatra dragon... it looks cool but also weird at the same time in my opinion.

Have her on my main acct and she's not very attractive :\

DR0G0N
05-05-17, 01:20 PM
Mmmmm...maybe.

Thank you for answering my wish, FlatFoot. I'm like so stoked that I'm staring at the milestones, wondering what to do. Normally I would just hatch, finish breeding and complete evolution all in one go, but this time I'm like wait, maybe I should think this through before doing anything too drastic.

This is one of the best milestones: Egyptian habitat, PYRAMID dragon (this this is it), other Egypt type dragons that Android players didn't get a chance to get. Though I would want Mummy and Sphinx, but at this moment I can't afford 950 golds. Still, I am very delighted about the Pyramid dragon and habitat.

Thank you~

Clark_Wayne
05-05-17, 01:26 PM

have all of them but good to see them back for the new players ;)

:D Best to wait a while, and let the early bloomers get some distance, so your first spins are big ones.

Looks like the two available habitats will just hold all of the dragons, but it seems we'll have to buy the Mummy Dragon, so stock up on a few extra bars of Gold today, while it's on sale.

Oh, wait! The Pharaoh is an oddball with no Egypt attribute, and some might need to buy the Sphinx, which I can testify, was worth owning in that last Tournament.

yes pharaoh have no egypt type. many players were disappointed when it was released (craft shop if i remember correctly)

rummie55
05-05-17, 01:37 PM
I don't have the leaderboard in my game.

ksbmommy
05-05-17, 01:41 PM
I'm super excited about all of the milestone prizes. I can save my gold on this event, I like the final prize but not as much as some of the others. I think I'll just do my ususal breeding and stock up some food for a while.

NeidusBluetip
05-05-17, 01:42 PM

I wonder if I'm in the same board as you xD I lol'd hardcore when I saw all the boosting. Like. Why. It JUST started. The people in my board are now at like, 4000 points? When the rest of us are around 200+.

You'll be so far past the individual milestones that you'll now be boosting for the next 10 days, just to stay ahead. I...just. What. Why. @____@

kooky panda
05-05-17, 02:09 PM
I don't have the leaderboard in my game.
What level are you on?
What device do you play on?

Make sure you are playing the most current version of the game.

heather11778
05-05-17, 02:23 PM
Storm 8 u r really pissing me off. Everytime themes a new thing I somehow cont get on to play. Ive been trying for 3 hours now to play. Ive forced closed, uninstalled, and cleaned my phone still nothing. Im really starting to not like playing your games. Fix this problem. Its ridiculous.

rummie55
05-05-17, 02:49 PM
What level are you on?
What device do you play on?

Make sure you are playing the most current version of the game.

Amber on level 172 on android phone.

starship412
05-05-17, 02:53 PM

I can see the S8 IDs under the black, lol.

starship412
05-05-17, 02:54 PM
Mmmmm...maybe.

Thank you FlatFoot! This is what's up!

starship412
05-05-17, 02:58 PM
I'm super excited about all of the milestone prizes. I can save my gold on this event, I like the final prize but not as much as some of the others. I think I'll just do my ususal breeding and stock up some food for a while.

That's exactly what I'm thinking although I would love another ultra rare in my stable. The Egypt type dragons in the milestones are great enough.

geoffreydahmer
05-05-17, 03:29 PM
Why am I in the same group as people 40+ levels above me, with 4 hatching roosts, 2 evolution crystals and 2 breeding posts??????? These people have 3000 points and I only have 48.... How am I supposed to compete with this? How are these leaderboard groupings determined???? The event has been on for 5 hours and I already give up.

starship412
05-05-17, 04:04 PM
I've got a question about groupings too. Why are there iOS users in my group when I'm on Android? If you want proof then I have screenshots of this. Aren't iOS users supposed to be grouped with other iOS users because of the parity between them and Android because of the Arctic Isles?

NeidusBluetip
05-05-17, 04:42 PM
Storm 8 u r really pissing me off. Everytime themes a new thing I somehow cont get on to play. Ive been trying for 3 hours now to play. Ive forced closed, uninstalled, and cleaned my phone still nothing. Im really starting to not like playing your games. Fix this problem. Its ridiculous.

I was actually going to open a request ticket for help on my end as well. Ever since several weeks ago, my ipod has been crashing at least several times before I'm able to load my island.

For the most part, I've had to switch to playing it on my phone, which obviously not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to do, should they encounter crashes such as this, or failure to launch at all, like in your case :/

amalsaba
05-05-17, 05:47 PM
Ok.... I am loving this event. I don't have any of the dragons and we're getting a habitat too xx thank you storm 8

zenkitty99
05-05-17, 06:08 PM
I normally don't like leaderboard events, but I'm pretty excited by this one! Although I doubt I have much chance at the main prize, I'm definitely aiming for all the milestone prizes. I might even buy the Egyptian habitat on sale in the marketplace.

It's a pity there's not a Bastet dragon though - she's my favourite Egyptian deity. In fact, I'd love to see more dragons based on Egyptian deities. It's really disappointing that S8 doesn't do more with these specialty dragon types!

Den8137259
05-05-17, 06:50 PM
★ I'm hoping for a 2 in 20 chances to get the main prize lol ★ issit too much a request from me? ★ :D

Hartoled
05-05-17, 07:00 PM
It's off to a good start. Looks like there will be a lot of boosting, this round.

I like to set semi-achievable goals for a LB event. I thought I would try for a Neon, that I have wanted for so long, but he came in just a few tries with a Quetzal and a Circuit. I thought I would go for the Naga, but a firm Virtue response to my first attempt sobered me up. I think I'll go for a Red Queen, next.

Lots of food in the Milestones left me ahead of where I started out today, after evolving quite a few dragons.

aprilbluebird
05-05-17, 08:02 PM
I starve my dragons unless there is a very good reward for feeding them, or I am feeding up a dragon that I think will reward me in the Arena. I also get the 10x Farm boosts from Bingo and try to dedicate about 3 hours a week to just maximizing their output. If I work hard at it, I can get about 50k from a boost. It doesn't come fast or easy, that's for sure.

The constant need to breed Common dragons is helped by my bank of immature dragons, I believe. They say there's no difference between mature and adolescent dragons, but I have seen a rare high level dragon break loose a stubborn egg from the Roost too many times to believe there is nothing to it.

But high level dragons are also not always the key. Some pairings might work best by using Adults instead of Epics. You just have to keep trying until one way works, and then that way seems to be repeatable.

I rarely feed dragons outside of certain leaderboards/events. I don't use boosts (don't usually have any) and tend to plant 5hr Diamondates. I suppose I should be planting Upgrapes or even 30 sec food and just sitting for a couple hours harvesting them non-stop?

Your theory around dragon level and breeding is interesting, though. There's a lot of dragons I still don't have (took a break from the game for 2-3 years) so I tend to use pairings that can give me many outcomes, rather than target a specific egg. Most of the dragons I use for breeding are level 7 or level 10 - I only have 4 over level 10 and those have been because of events, so currently don't have many results from breeding high levels!

aprilbluebird
05-05-17, 08:08 PM
For me, I pretty much plant Diamondates and Rushrooms non-stop, except during Community Events, I also try to mine as much as possible (don't waste those bombs) and send my Magic dragons questing for food all the time.
I try to level up mostly baby and juvenile dragons. I try to keep my food levels above a certain mark, which is currently 1.5 million. I am now at 1.3 million after the Tales, so I won't level up to high levels until I reach 1.5 again.
I used to struggle a lot with Tales as well, but as my island expanded and dragons grew bigger, I started earning more and more coins and now I can easily sustain my food levels and even grow them :)

I guess I just need to be more active at harvesting my food regularly (although difficult because I can't really stop every hour at work to harvest Rushrooms haha). I also forget to quest for food so that's something I need to be doing. 1.5 million food seems like an insane amount! Challenge accepted :P

Den8137259
05-05-17, 09:13 PM
I guess I just need to be more active at harvesting my food regularly (although difficult because I can't really stop every hour at work to harvest Rushrooms haha). I also forget to quest for food so that's something I need to be doing. 1.5 million food seems like an insane amount! Challenge accepted :P

★ aprilbluebird, I'm joining you in this challenge (: ★ go go go (:

Clark_Wayne
05-05-17, 09:19 PM
waouh i received 10 golds from the 3rd mystery chest :)

retseho
05-05-17, 09:50 PM
Thank you for answering my wish, FlatFoot.
: : :
This is one of the best milestones: Egyptian habitat, PYRAMID dragon (this this is it), other Egypt type dragons that Android players didn't get a chance to get. Though I would want Mummy and Sphinx, but at this moment I can't afford 950 golds. Still, I am very delighted about the Pyramid dragon and habitat.

Thank you~

I agree. The best LB so far with the habitat & Egyptian themed animals as milestones prizes. Pyramid being an early milestone will add a Champion Chomper to the anti-Champion squad for many of us.
Thank you for listening & responding.
BTW, the max. Habitat limit just increased to 232 for me at L195.

Hartoled
05-05-17, 10:14 PM
I kinda like the look of the Silver Trophy the best.

random59
05-05-17, 11:34 PM

Way to go!

aprilbluebird
05-06-17, 12:22 AM

Haha, good luck to us both! :)

pernmagic
05-06-17, 01:07 AM
In my group I'm going to be just a milestones hunter ..... :)

Den8137259
05-06-17, 02:13 AM

★ yes it's something new in a LB event, to more than 2 players (: ★ here's my screenshot ★ ty S8 ★

https://pbs-h2.twimg.com/media/C_IeDWVU0AArFwO.jpg

random59
05-06-17, 03:50 AM
★ yes it's something new in a LB event, to more than 2 players (: ★ here's my screenshot ★ ty S8 ★

https://pbs-h2.twimg.com/media/C_IeDWVU0AArFwO.jpg

Awesome!

katali119
05-06-17, 05:19 AM
I got a gold chest on one of the last ones, it was awesome!!

I am about 10th, and still only getting crappy amounts of points on the spin-to-win, which is sad. I'm on 500ish, and the top 3 are all on multiple thousands, with 1st over 7000 already (first time I'm even in a group this boosty and pointy within the 1st day) but I want more points in the spin. Hoping they increase over the week.

JustKay
05-06-17, 05:20 AM
I agree. The best LB so far with the habitat & Egyptian themed animals as milestones prizes. Pyramid being an early milestone will add a Champion Chomper to the anti-Champion squad for many of us.
Thank you for listening & responding.
BTW, the max. Habitat limit just increased to 232 for me at L195.

Yup, looks like we got all our wishes! Am excited for this one too. Should finish off my 10 win streak for DS, and it looks like i am in a reasonable group so far :)

JustKay
05-06-17, 05:23 AM

That's not so bad, only a few 2x boosts, some 1.5x boosts mean those will fall to the side soon enough.

njbhugjjgnj
05-06-17, 06:26 AM

Awesome :). My first 2 chests were map's...these are useless to me as I'm fully expanded on my main acct. :( What I'm really hoping for is the Sphinx, that would make me super happy :0)

Florr06
05-06-17, 07:26 AM
Lucky! I got 51 LB points and some decor (Sarcophagus)

Florr06
05-06-17, 07:27 AM

Good luck to you both ;)

Florr06
05-06-17, 07:31 AM
It seems my league is too strong to have a chance at getting the High Priestess dragon, but at the same time they're not far enough ahead to earn big points from chests.
Somehow I've never been in a really ridiculous group, which means I've been able to get the grand prize a few times, but it also means I can't collect more than ~4500 points without spending gold! I'm hoping first placed in my group goes crazy, right now she's at 1100 vs my 550 :)

njbhugjjgnj
05-06-17, 08:05 AM
Lucky! I got 51 LB points and some decor (Sarcophagus)

That's the one I waaaaaaaaaaaant!

kureka
05-06-17, 08:08 AM
I'm at 1200 and 5 th place:mad:

njbhugjjgnj
05-06-17, 08:09 AM
It seems my league is too strong to have a chance at getting the High Priestess dragon, but at the same time they're not far enough ahead to earn big points from chests.
Somehow I've never been in a really ridiculous group, which means I've been able to get the grand prize a few times, but it also means I can't collect more than ~4500 points without spending gold! I'm hoping first placed in my group goes crazy, right now she's at 1100 vs my 550 :)

Leader in my group is almost at 10,000 :\ Day 2 and she's at that number,hopefully she'll slow down enough for me to catch up. I have 4,000+ gold and I may have to dip in it in order to pass her.

Florr06
05-06-17, 08:15 AM
That's the one I waaaaaaaaaaaant!

Wish I could send it to you!

njbhugjjgnj
05-06-17, 08:41 AM
Wish I could send it to you!
Awww...so sweet,thank you :) I would gladly pay you the 10 gold bars for it :p

Den8137259
05-06-17, 09:15 AM
★ hey all, just throwing a question on LB strategies n approaches ..

I have the following eggs on my nests: 1) wish, 2) archilles, 3) mama .. ★
which approach is best? do I

1) use the 2x booster to get ahead now, n breed new eggs
2) use 2x booster later when LB is in middle or end part or
3) just hatch them normally (no booster)?
4) is there a fourth option? do share (: ty

Do share your views (: ty ★

ksbmommy
05-06-17, 11:02 AM
First place on my board used a 2x boost and then a 1.5x boost right after. Not sure I've seen that before and not a huge point boost either. Island isn't running at full capacity either. Can't figure this one out yet....

Sitting in 2nd for now. A LONG wait ahead for this stuff to be ready. Working my arctic isles for points today.

Hartoled
05-06-17, 01:07 PM
First place on my board used a 2x boost and then a 1.5x boost right after. Not sure I've seen that before and not a huge point boost either. Island isn't running at full capacity either. Can't figure this one out yet....

Sitting in 2nd for now. A LONG wait ahead for this stuff to be ready. Working my arctic isles for points today.

The only guy in my group that seems to offer any challenge, used a 1.5, and then when I boosted from zero to top in a pretty short time, he started using 2x boosts. I think he used 3 or 4 more of them throughout the evening, and was mostly concerned with trying to stay ahead of me. He seems disorganized and didn't average nearly as much as I did with one boost, for his efforts.

He's going to hate this event before long.

I'm tempted to spend 30 bars just to see him panic some more. LOL

ksbmommy
05-06-17, 01:13 PM
The only guy in my group that seems to offer any challenge, used a 1.5, and then when I boosted from zero to top in a pretty short time, he started using 2x boosts. I think he used 3 or 4 more of them throughout the evening, and was mostly concerned with trying to stay ahead of me. He seems disorganized and didn't average nearly as much as I did for his efforts.

He's going to hate this event before long.

The person above me (booster) didn't get nearly the value on hers. If done well, you can make some great progress. It's always neat to see how things shake out at the end :-)

Last LB, I didn't play for 1/2 of it, used the boosts well and finished in 1st out of nowhere. Only 2 of us got all of the milestone prizes that time.

njbhugjjgnj
05-06-17, 06:11 PM
Seriously S8 (-_-メ) If I get another milestone chest with map's in it I'm shooting my tablet....:p Enough with those MAP'S (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

Hartoled
05-06-17, 06:14 PM
Seriously S8 (-_-メ) If I get another milestone chest with map's in it I'm shooting my tablet....:p Enough with those MAP'S (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

...And Island Parts...

One of mine was awesome. 20,000 Apples

njbhugjjgnj
05-06-17, 06:23 PM
...And Island Parts...

One of mine was awesome. 20,000 Apples

Right! I can't use either item,especially the island parts or I loose my mine (T_T). Yes to the apples,I sooooo need them :\

Hartoled
05-06-17, 06:33 PM
Right! I can't use either item,especially the island parts or I loose my mine (T_T). Yes to the apples,I sooooo need them :\

The Island Parts that I got from the Tales went on top of my max of 999. Now I have 1011, so I'm not sure if we lose them, but they are pretty worthless without the real estate to park them.

njbhugjjgnj
05-06-17, 07:04 PM
The Island Parts that I got from the Tales went on top of my max of 999. Now I have 1011, so I'm not sure if we lose them, but they are pretty worthless without the real estate to park them.

Totally agree. I think they stay in storage, I remember seeing a thread a while back regarding Island Parts.

random59
05-06-17, 07:05 PM

No we get to keep the extra parts until the powers that be release more islands for us to create. It really does suck being on 999 parts, at least your chest prize can be used, I was getting rubbish!

starship412
05-06-17, 08:54 PM
I got 201 island parts holding because I learned my lesson from the last mining fiasco, lol.

AwesomeChefDad
05-06-17, 09:55 PM
Yeah I am also at the 999 level for Island parts, now I will just collect the dynamite and wait it out for the next opp to use them.

Oh and I dont give congrats too often but giving the newer players the chance at Pyramid is pretty nice...its a top battler and has been out of the loop for a long long time.

So good job on letting people earn a solid dragon that is great for battling. I have one but still its nice to see some good prizes.

Hartoled
05-06-17, 11:53 PM
Yeah I am also at the 999 level for Island parts, now I will just collect the dynamite and wait it out for the next opp to use them.

Oh and I dont give congrats too often but giving the newer players the chance at Pyramid is pretty nice...its a top battler and has been out of the loop for a long long time.

So good job on letting people earn a solid dragon that is great for battling. I have one but still its nice to see some good prizes.

I hatched mine and raised him to Epic, right away. That 6 hour clock makes for rapid deployment.

PeppiVille
05-07-17, 10:15 AM
Given the team I'm on it's doubtful I'll even get maps. I'm currently 8th with a 5k point delta to 1st. Lol. Even with that I am so excited about this LB event! Thank you so much for bringing pyramid back! :o

JustKay
05-07-17, 09:16 PM

Nah, you don't lose them. They just keep adding, so not sure if they have a bug limit like the coins over 2 billion. I had quite a few over 1000 from Tales goal prizes and so on. When the new expansions came in I just used up all of them to expand all the way, short of one of course ;)

JustKay
05-07-17, 09:20 PM

You don't get much of a boost if only one gets that far ahead. It has to be a really competitive group for everybody to get carried to the last milestone. In such a group, you won't hold second at 550 points. I've been in groups where I have raced ahead, and everyone is still thousands behind me. I beat the milestones and some in my group barely made it half way. If its just that one leader rushing ahead, don't kick back and relax just yet, keep working hard or you won't make the last milestone!

JustKay
05-07-17, 10:45 PM
Leader in my group is almost at 10,000 :\ Day 2 and she's at that number,hopefully she'll slow down enough for me to catch up. I have 4,000+ gold and I may have to dip in it in order to pass her.

They might not even be crazy interested in the LB prize, just trying very hard for a Mama dragon. Breeding an ultra rare with no help from a Diamond Temple for better odds AND a splitting pink. What a nightmare!

JustKay
05-07-17, 11:27 PM
I feel like this should by my last LB. I think if I can get a 10 win streak, I should be happy with that. I think if the game starts affecting relationships in the real world, maybe that's a bit of a warning flag :rolleyes:

NeidusBluetip
05-08-17, 03:22 PM

I wonder if that's the same one, as currently, my board's #1 is at an insane almost 16,000 points....

Limequat
05-09-17, 07:48 AM
Just finished a second unsuccessful speed breeding session for Mama - I now have 2.5 times more points than the person in 2nd place and four times more than the people who are playing at a normal pace. I notice the people in the middle of my group made a lot of gains since yesterday, they must be getting at least 100 points per spin on the wheel. I hope they're enjoying the boost on the wheel thanks to my failure at getting Mama. :p

visit123
05-09-17, 10:57 AM
This is like the 4th time where the event doesn't even appear for me.

random59
05-09-17, 01:08 PM
Well, just the shock of my life when I visited the leader of my group this morning. I couldn't get over the fact that it would be possible to put on like 14,000 points in just under 5 hours from when I started work to lunchtime.

This player has 64 diamond habitats, 56 being singular habitats. No visible gold habitats but all the 1st place trophies from the leaderboard events.

NeidusBluetip
05-09-17, 01:30 PM
Well, just the shock of my life when I visited the leader of my group this morning. I couldn't get over the fact that it would be possible to put on like 14,000 points in just under 5 hours from when I started work to lunchtime.

Haha same here. When I launched earlier this morning, the first place leader was over 20,000 points. My mind has been pretty blown this event.

kooky panda
05-09-17, 01:31 PM
what device do you play on?
What is the version number of the game you are playing?
What level are you on?

jaymieb2
05-09-17, 11:08 PM

Exactly! If I am near the top of the pack, I spin 25 points. If I am thousands behind, I have gotten up to 298 points ( 189 is my best, this leaderboard! ) So, please use gold freely! :-)

Hartoled
05-09-17, 11:20 PM
I thought there might be beer in all the clay pots, but there's just some old mummified cats. Those seem popular with my Purple types. I save up my spins for when I'm going to boost, but that never gives me points...just pots.

jaymieb2
05-09-17, 11:26 PM
Thank you S8 for the amazing milestone prizes in this leaderboard! And the habitat holds FOUR dragons! Fantastic! What a great event!

And I just found out that Eco is breedable! :-) Woo Hoo!

kooky panda
05-10-17, 12:15 PM
You should be seeing the Leaderboard events. You will need to have an agent check your game to find out why they are not showing up in your game.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8. (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us)
How to submit Support Request (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95181-ANNOUNCEMENT-Contact-Storm8-Support-via-Form)

Hartoled
05-10-17, 01:09 PM
The guy in my group keeps putting on a ton of points every day, and every day I match him and just stop right there. The concept that it will be determined by a showdown on the last day is either too sophisticated or terrifying for him to grasp. He just topped 40,000.

katali119
05-10-17, 02:46 PM
The guy in my group keeps putting on a ton of points every day, and every day I match him and just stop right there. The concept that it will be determined by a showdown on the last day is either too sophisticated or terrifying for him to grasp. He just topped 40,000.

Huh. Is 3rd place on around 6000?

Hartoled
05-10-17, 03:24 PM
Huh. Is 3rd place on around 6000?

Yes

katali119
05-10-17, 03:30 PM
Yes

I think you might be in my group! Well, I appreciate getting all the milestones thanks to the leaders, even if I do think you're nuts to fight over a trophy :)

Hartoled
05-10-17, 04:24 PM
I think you might be in my group! Well, I appreciate getting all the milestones thanks to the leaders, even if I do think you're nuts to fight over a trophy :)

Yes, especially since I like the Silver Trophy better. It's one thing to know the mechanics of the game, though, and another to have a strategy. I just refuse to be discouraged by what it takes me about a half hour to accomplish.

I am getting quite a few dragons that I've craved in the process, though. I got the Red Queen, Dionysus, Eco, Neon, Pinata, and Naga, so far. I have a few others on my target list.

* Got a few more of them: Fluffy, Iris, and Nano.

amalsaba
05-10-17, 05:37 PM
Hi guys
just a question regarding the Dragons that are not part of the leaderboard award system but are still released in the in the market on sale. It says that they are not breedable, does that mean we have to purchase them if we want to get them?

Hartoled
05-10-17, 06:14 PM
Hi guys
just a question regarding the Dragons that are not part of the leaderboard award system but are still released in the in the market on sale. It says that they are not breedable, does that mean we have to purchase them if we want to get them?

The Daredevil is the prize in the current tournament. Mummy is a purchase-only item, for now.

If you meant the Sobek and High Priestess, yes, win them or buy them.

jaymieb2
05-10-17, 11:25 PM
Thanks to the high rollers in my group, I am now over 5000 points. My last spin was for 291 and my milestone was 189. Biggest point haul for me, ever! My current rank is 7th, but there are over a dozen of us within 1500 points, so a lot can happen there.

I have not boosted, but I did a few rounds of speed breeding - mostly to accomodate schedule and Bingo.

My newly bred dragons include Aurora, Chameleon, and Naga, as well as hatching Rose Magma, my first Comet, Wish, and the one I need to breed Eco is on the nest... not to mention these amazing 4 dragon Hidden Oasis, Pyramid, and the next three milestone dragons that I will definitely reach! :-)

What a great event! Thank you, S8! And thank you, high rollers! :-) You make the leaderboard easier for the rest of us! :-)

Hartoled
05-11-17, 12:20 AM
Thanks to the high rollers in my group, I am now over 5000 points. My last spin was for 291 and my milestone was 189. Biggest point haul for me, ever! My current rank is 7th, but there are over a dozen of us within 1500 points, so a lot can happen there.

I have not boosted, but I did a few rounds of speed breeding - mostly to accomodate schedule and Bingo.

My newly bred dragons include Aurora, Chameleon, and Naga, as well as hatching Rose Magma, my first Comet, Wish, and the one I need to breed Eco is on the nest... not to mention these amazing 4 dragon Hidden Oasis, Pyramid, and the next three milestone dragons that I will definitely reach! :-)

What a great event! Thank you, S8! And thank you, high rollers! :-) You make the leaderboard easier for the rest of us! :-)

That's awesome, Jaymie! After months long dry spells, it's nice to do some productive breeding for a change. Grats on getting that Comet!

I got a Chameleon, also. Forgot to add that to my tally. Always nice to get a new Rainbow.

pernmagic
05-11-17, 12:32 AM
Oh well....athough lying 2-5th , really only after the milestones and my breeding den just produced 44 hr egg time ( have all possible eggs from 44 hrs ) from Hook and lost bones so guess I will just plod on ....... life! and it's only a game :)

amerirish
05-11-17, 07:17 AM
In my group, 1st place has over 42,000 and 2nd place has over 14,000 - I'm at just under 10,000 in 5th place. The player in 1st right now is pretty much guaranteed to win.

katali119
05-11-17, 07:30 AM
In my group, 1st place has over 42,000 and 2nd place has over 14,000 - I'm at just under 10,000 in 5th place. The player in 1st right now is pretty much guaranteed to win.

Wow, that's quite a lead!

kooky panda
05-11-17, 09:36 AM
Hi guys

yes

rudipreciousmocha
05-11-17, 10:15 AM
I'm already past the 4th milestone and haven't seen hide nor hair of the "gold carving". When does it show its lovely head? In the past I wouldn't have to buy both of the point produceres.

Hartoled
05-11-17, 10:29 AM
I'm already past the 4th milestone and haven't seen hide nor hair of the "gold carving". When does it show its lovely head? In the past I wouldn't have to buy both of the point produceres.

That's not really new. The last couple of Leaderboards or so, they quit giving those things out.

katali119
05-11-17, 10:45 AM
I've never seen them given out on these, I've been playing 6 months now? Aren't they normally a WE thing?

amerirish
05-11-17, 10:53 AM
I've never seen them given out on these, I've been playing 6 months now? Aren't they normally a WE thing?

Yes; you only get the point giving deco as a prize in World Events. In Leader Boards you have always had to buy it with gold. I bought the first couple then they started cutting the price in half 1-3 days into the event and not giving a rebate to the players who bought in on the first day at full price. After that nonsense I refuse to pay for one.

Hartoled
05-11-17, 11:41 AM
Yes; you only get the point giving deco as a prize in World Events. In Leader Boards you have always had to buy it with gold. I bought the first couple then they started cutting the price in half 1-3 days into the event and not giving a rebate to the players who bought in on the first day at full price. After that nonsense I refuse to pay for one.

I stand corrected.

Yes, they have a tendency to sabotage early birds in these events, not to mention making a Grand Prize dragon like the Mama breedable after so many had to fight so hard to get them. I know they're dealing with cutbacks, but some things are semi-sacred. It's like buying a signed and numbered print, and then seeing them in the same gallery with the 100 crossed out and 2500 penned in.

As a newb, I spent a lot on gold to get an early lead in a Leaderboard. The simple act of putting gold on sale half way through it, after I'd paid so much, seemed like a betrayal. Sigh...Experience points gained...

katali119
05-11-17, 11:53 AM

But if you don't buy it til part way through, you don't get so much benefit from it, as you only get the points on the days you have it. It seems reasonable that it shouldn't cost as much halfway through the event as at the beginning, because you will only get half the benefit? I can see your annoyance if they drop the price after only a day though.

Hartoled
05-11-17, 12:09 PM
But if you don't buy it til part way through, you don't get so much benefit from it, as you only get the points on the days you have it. It seems reasonable that it shouldn't cost as much halfway through the event as at the beginning, because you will only get half the benefit? I can see your annoyance if they drop the price after only a day though.

I've seen a lot of people say that they just like to collect those decos. So, now days, they wait for it to go on sale, and then they feel slighted because they waited and then had to pay full price, losing points all along the way. Not sure that there is a happy answer for everybody. I'm not even sure they produce as many points as they used to.

amerirish
05-11-17, 12:35 PM

I agree with you in theory, but it was definitely not ever half way through. When I had my issue, I had bought the deco on Friday and it went on sale on Saturday (if memory serves me correctly). After that I never bought another one, but did notice that subsequent events put the deco on sale 3 days into the event which was not even close to half way through yet. My point is that it was just a bad customer service move in my opinion.

katali119
05-11-17, 12:55 PM
I've seen a lot of people say that they just like to collect those decos. So, now days, they wait for it to go on sale, and then they feel slighted because they waited and then had to pay full price, losing points all along the way. Not sure that there is a happy answer for everybody. I'm not even sure they produce as many points as they used to.

It's kind of funny here. I'm from the UK, and here we do not get money back if something goes on sale after we buy it. I only recently learnt that in the USA it was different, there if something goes on sale you can take your item back to the shop and they will refund you the difference. Discovered that when someone was feeling scammed due to this difference, in a fb group, and we all had a go, ridiculing that she would expect this treatment. So she informed us that was actually how she was used to it working. I can't even imagine it. Funny thing is though, this company is run from the USA, so you would expect it to follow US rules, and instead it seems to follow UK rules.

rudipreciousmocha
05-11-17, 12:57 PM
Thank you. I get confused on what is a World Event and what is a Leader Board.

starship412
05-11-17, 01:17 PM
I got my last milestone and now it's time for me to fall behind. I'm tanking this Leaderboard on purpose to maybe get put into a better group next time. Here's hoping I drop to 10th place or below, lol.

katali119
05-11-17, 01:20 PM
I got my last milestone and now it's time for me to fall behind. I'm tanking this Leaderboard on purpose to maybe get put into a better group next time. Here's hoping I drop to 10th place or below, lol.

Ooh, good plan. And not hard to do as I'm already in about 7th. Although I randomly made it up to 4th at some point!

Hartoled
05-11-17, 01:55 PM
Ooh, good plan. And not hard to do as I'm already in about 7th. Although I randomly made it up to 4th at some point!

Good luck with reducing expectations for the next LB!

I think the leader in my group has shown either sufficient fear or respect for me to allow me to coast to second place with honor. I hate losing the incentive to speed breed, but I guess I can display a Silver Trophy as a symbol of passable mental health.

Hartoled
05-11-17, 10:59 PM
It's kind of funny here. I'm from the UK, and here we do not get money back if something goes on sale after we buy it. I only recently learnt that in the USA it was different, there if something goes on sale you can take your item back to the shop and they will refund you the difference. Discovered that when someone was feeling scammed due to this difference, in a fb group, and we all had a go, ridiculing that she would expect this treatment. So she informed us that was actually how she was used to it working. I can't even imagine it. Funny thing is though, this company is run from the USA, so you would expect it to follow US rules, and instead it seems to follow UK rules.

I think that may just be at some stores, here in the US. There are always some places that have price-matching policies, wherein, if you paid them more than some other place advertises, they may refund you the difference. I don't think you could call that a hard and fast rule, though.

When I ran a shop, I'd almost never put anything on sale at all, out of deference to those who'd already paid a certain price. The onus was upon me to price it sensibly in the first place, and not be beholding to fads or fashion to capitalize upon. But, admittedly, I'm a bit strange.

cherrycastleorchard
05-12-17, 12:43 AM

How is it when it is a quest for crops you get coins instead? Is this correct?

katali119
05-12-17, 04:11 AM
I think that may just be at some stores, here in the US. There are always some places that have price-matching policies, wherein, if you paid them more than some other place advertises, they may refund you the difference. I don't think you could call that a hard and fast rule, though.

When I ran a shop, I'd almost never put anything on sale at all, out of deference to those who'd already paid a certain price. The onus was upon me to price it sensibly in the first place, and not be beholding to fads or fashion to capitalize upon. But, admittedly, I'm a bit strange.

I'm sure your silver trophy will look suitably awesome :)

I wish all shops would just price right at the start. There's some places that have constant sales on, til that price is just the normal price. Makes you feel bad for anyone who bought stuff in the 15 days it was ever full price.

katali119
05-12-17, 04:13 AM
How is it when it is a quest for crops you get coins instead? Is this correct?

Sadly yes, the quests often don't give you the thing you wanted. It gets worse the rarer the item you are questing for is. I don't think I've ever received gemstones from thee gemstone in the sky quest (I don't often do it because it takes so much longer than just trading my spares) and I know some people have quested for a long time before they get the parts for the comet dragon.

Den8137259
05-12-17, 05:35 AM

★ hiii aprilbluebird, I'm at 600K food atm (: ★

katali119
05-12-17, 10:46 AM
So....boosts are on sale, and I have 2 offers showing with LB points included, one for 500, and one for 1500! Are the rest of the groups not being as spendy as mine then?!

Hartoled
05-12-17, 02:51 PM
So....boosts are on sale, and I have 2 offers showing with LB points included, one for 500, and one for 1500! Are the rest of the groups not being as spendy as mine then?!

That Mysteries of the Jungle Leaderboard gave us some pretty awesome Cursed Idol, Amazon, Regrowth, and Pathfinder dragons in the milestones. The Jungle Queen is essentially a dressed up Lunar Rainbow, typewise. Took me quite a while to figure out where I'd stuck my Jungle Queen. I think the only reason that I ever evolved it was because I mistakenly thought it's Ultra Rare status would give me some extra points.

There's such large gaps in my group, between first, second and third, and I don't see any incentive to go for first, if you're in second, or even to compete for third place. They should come up with progressively sweeter rewards, rather than just the color of a trophy for first, and some apples and a day's worth of maps for placing third.

When I saw that there were only two of us playing in our group, I thought it might be interesting and fun to just have a showdown on the last day, but the guy in the lead would apparently spend a thousand real bucks to keep that from happening. So why bother?

As for that Jungle Queen...If they did away with the discontinued and not-available-through-breeding stigmas on these old dragons, they'd probably seem as a lot more attractive purchases.

I think the Boost Sale is nice for people in passive groups to get those milestones. They have some pretty awesome dragons in there. The people who already paid for a lot of boosts at full price...I guess they can suck lemons.

Hartoled
05-12-17, 03:35 PM

Thanks to your post I was reminded to try for a Comet Core, and got my final one. Comet is crafting now, in the Spell Shop.

Phoenix406
05-12-17, 04:04 PM
What is the "not available through breeding" stigma? I thought it was cool to get dragons that can only be won or whatever because they are more rare....?

Hartoled
05-12-17, 04:19 PM
What is the "not available through breeding" stigma? I thought it was cool to get dragons that can only be won or whatever because they are more rare....?

It's like when they are less powerful in the arena than their listed rarity because they can't be bred, or you don't get bonus points for them in events because they are no longer available, or you crafted them instead of bred them.

starship412
05-12-17, 04:58 PM
It's like when they are less powerful in the arena than their listed rarity because they can't be bred, or you don't get bonus points for them in events because they are no longer available, or you crafted them instead of bred them.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see this. I got a few non-breedable ultra rares that can't fight their way out of a paper bag in the arena.

Hartoled
05-12-17, 05:45 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see this. I got a few non-breedable ultra rares that can't fight their way out of a paper bag in the arena.

I guess that what I'm really talking about is an ignored opportunity to improve our herds and restore an extra layer of collectibility to the dragons we compete for. I don't know how it all relates to the dragons that we meet in the Arena, though. Not sure if they are burdened with the same behaviors.

glenngenius
05-12-17, 06:27 PM
Only the gold boost is on sale, right? :) Because last night, the bronze (?) one still had the same amount (7) before the gold one is on sale (from 30 to 15).

Den8137259
05-12-17, 07:44 PM
// 3-days 14 hours left to go n the boosters are on sale. Nope my group aren't spendy on this to get ahead (: ★

// everyone awaiting n see how things go (: ★ GL ★

cherrycastleorchard
05-12-17, 10:08 PM
Sadly yes, the quests often don't give you the thing you wanted. It gets worse the rarer the item you are questing for is. I don't think I've ever received gemstones from thee gemstone in the sky quest (I don't often do it because it takes so much longer than just trading my spares) and I know some people have quested for a long time before they get the parts for the comet dragon.

That is rediculous they should say for the rare chance of getting whatever lol

Hartoled
05-12-17, 10:55 PM
That is rediculous they should say for the rare chance of getting whatever lol

Try to do your quests on days when your Map and Orchid requests have dwindled to nothing.

It takes me 3 days to get the Maps for an expansion (60). Then it takes 3 days to do an expansion. So I put in a large request for Maps and stop asking then. By the second day of the Expansion nothing is coming in. That's the day that I aim for finishing up my Quest. I got all of my Comet Tails and Cores by doing just that.

Your time for an Expansion may be less, so adjust accordingly. It will greatly improve your odds of not getting coins.

cherrycastleorchard
05-13-17, 12:00 AM
Try to do your quests on days when your Map and Orchid requests have dwindled to nothing.

It takes me 3 days to get the Maps for an expansion (60). Then it takes 3 days to do an expansion. So I put in a large request for Maps and stop asking then. By the second day of the Expansion nothing is coming in. That's the day that I aim for finishing up my Quest. I got all of my Comet Tails and Cores by doing just that.

Your timer an Expansion may be less, so adjust accordingly. It will greatly improve your odds of not getting coins.
Thankyou for your advice

Hartoled
05-13-17, 03:33 PM
Thankyou for your advice

Luckily, most of the Quest Goals are just for "doing" rather than success. As you can tell, you sacrifice some Maps to try and assure success. It might not be feasible, if you're really needing space, to slow down your expansions for Gemstones. Balancing that against the likelihood of getting disposable Rare and Super Rare dragons at your point in the game, so that you can Trade them, is another consideration.

Apologies to Panda for the off topic posts.

Leaderboards, however, are great times to accumulate a few extra dragons for trading, so it's kinda relevant. Events like Leaderboards, and World Events are opportunities to be rewarded for failures, so "speed breed" a bit, if you can afford it. You also might just get a few keepers like I did this round.

starship412
05-13-17, 07:04 PM
I have to say thank you FlatFoot again for bringing the Pyramid-type dragons to us Android users. I can't wait for the Soccer dragons to make a comeback too. I got another idea too, introduce more Corrupt dragons and make a habitat available for Elemental dragons that can be purchased with coins - those would be cool since there's been 10 or more that has been released.

sipland
05-13-17, 07:34 PM
Wow the leaders in my group have 67,000 points!

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on Mummy dragon?

Hartoled
05-13-17, 07:42 PM

Purple is a pretty useful color. An Artemis just took down my Pyramid in the Arena. My Island is kinda busy at the moment, so I tend to put off buying dragons that I have to hatch right now, but I'd like to get him.

FieldsLikeB
05-14-17, 03:06 PM

In my experience a high level not found through breeding has a very distinct advantage, and not just champions. So I really disagree here.

pernmagic
05-15-17, 12:35 AM

I've had him for a long long time I think from spin a wheel, not sure, occaisonly useful but that's just me

pernmagic
05-15-17, 12:36 AM
Completed milestones but no chance of top two :)

Den8137259
05-15-17, 04:18 AM

★ wow, highly competitive group! ★

saghaven
05-15-17, 08:23 AM
Our group has generally been a good one until last night. No one at 20K points in the first two days or anything like that. Leader was about 1000 points ahead of #2 person then everyone else within a few hundred points of each other. Then suddenly someone who was in 4th or 5th place jumped more than 2000 points in the span of about 5 hours. So now they're 1000+ points ahead of the person who was the leader. How does that even happen? This is why I hate this event.

katali119
05-15-17, 08:31 AM
Our group has generally been a good one until last night. No one at 20K points in the first two days or anything like that. Leader was about 1000 points ahead of #2 person then everyone else within a few hundred points of each other. Then suddenly someone who was in 4th or 5th place jumped more than 2000 points in the span of about 5 hours. So now they're 1000+ points ahead of the person who was the leader. How does that even happen? This is why I hate this event.

Well, they could have used gold, or boosts, or they could have used around 1 million food.

sipland
05-15-17, 09:45 AM
Purple is a pretty useful color. An Artemis just took down my Pyramid in the Arena. My Island is kinda busy at the moment, so I tend to put off buying dragons that I have to hatch right now, but I'd like to get him.

I've had him for a long long time I think from spin a wheel, not sure, occaisonly useful but that's just me

Thanks for your input on Mummy. I'll probably break down and get him!

Good luck to those going for the grand prize. No chance in my pool where the leaders are +80K ... out of my league, but actually kind of impressive!

Hartoled
05-15-17, 12:18 PM
I think any way you crunch the numbers, getting to 80,000 is going to take almost 13,000 bars. Obviously there is a whole other class of players obsessed with this game. I hope the matchmaking system pits them all against each other the next round of Leaderboard.

katali119
05-15-17, 01:52 PM
The person at the bottom of my board has 140 points. The person at the top, over 50,000! That definitely seems like a bad match-up. I have no idea how anyone could have that few points though!

JustKay
05-15-17, 05:35 PM
The person at the bottom of my board has 140 points. The person at the top, over 50,000! That definitely seems like a bad match-up. I have no idea how anyone could have that few points though!

They gave up. They probably think the game is rigged or unfair and just quit altogether. You can't breed normally and still have only 140 points in 5 days. That's the dark side of LB, new players can readily see just how behind the pack they are, where as normally community dragons you get shown are around the same level as you.

JustKay
05-15-17, 05:36 PM

Artemis can come up as a bingo goal. Save it for then as it's pretty easy to breed.

JustKay
05-15-17, 05:38 PM

I'd say you're still in a fairly ok group. There's only a thousand or so gap between ranks. Some groups I've been in you have to scale several thousand just to make the next rank, and based on reports there are even worse match-ups you could be. It's still an open chance game in your group.

JustKay
05-15-17, 05:46 PM

This player has 64 diamond habitats, 56 being singular habitats. No visible gold habitats but all the 1st place trophies from the leaderboard events.

Hats off to this guy/gal, they're keeping DS and S8 in business for the rest of us :D

JustKay
05-15-17, 05:48 PM

Lol, stop playing with your prey :p I almost wish I could watch that showdown as it could be epic... cept for the fact that I would have to be in said group to do that... >_<

Hartoled
05-15-17, 07:32 PM

I visited her. Seems like she is in the right group from the look of her island. Maybe she was backpacking near Wolf Creek and there's no cell service...or escape. :eek:

Hartoled
05-15-17, 07:38 PM
Lol, stop playing with your prey :p I almost wish I could watch that showdown as it could be epic... cept for the fact that I would have to be in said group to do that... >_<

He can have first. He wasn't sneaky about it. I decided I'd rather have a pair of extra large pizzas than match him again. I am tempted to poke him and see how high he'll jump the last hour or two, though. ;)

JustKay
05-15-17, 09:35 PM
He can have first. He wasn't sneaky about it. I decided I'd rather have a pair of extra large pizzas than match him again. I am tempted to poke him and see how high he'll jump the last hour or two, though. ;)

Am somewhat confused... that's rather generous of yourself to let him have first, and yet you still taunt them. LOL. I guess however this game amuses you is what matters :D

JustKay
05-15-17, 09:41 PM
I visited her. Seems like she is in the right group from the look of her island. Maybe she was backpacking near Wolf Creek and there's no cell service...or escape. :eek:

I am seeing a drop off in long time serious players. Another one of my reliable gold gifters has stopped suddenly. Maybe there's a serial on the loose :eek: ... maybe I'm next >_<

JustKay
05-15-17, 10:09 PM
I'm getting excited about this finish. A good end to cap off my last LB. I haven't had a good challenger in the last few LBs and now I have two stepping up to the plate! One just boosted to the top ahead of me, but probably since they're worried about the sneaky third who's been hiding in the wings for most of the round. They have mostly silver trophies so am certain they just really want the dragon prize. Both are loaded up with GPDs but from their behaviour I can sense that they want to avoid an all out gold slinging fest. Third is sneaky and they're staying 1000 below me even though I know they could easily overtake already as they've boosted closer than they've ever been. I can see they bought an Alchemy dragon and have fed it to max already so am guessing they might be lower on gold and not swimming in food. Neither seem to have the Gold Horizon dragon yet so I know they don't know my trump card trick. I haven't been this excited since maybe the Islander dragon LB event!

I feel like this should by my last LB. I think if I can get a 10 win streak, I should be happy with that. I think if the game starts affecting relationships in the real world, maybe that's a bit of a warning flag :rolleyes:

harobeda
05-15-17, 10:25 PM
Neither seem to have the Gold Horizon dragon yet so I know they don't know my trump card trick. I haven't been this excited since maybe the Islander dragon LB event!

Care to share? I'm curious.... something to do with bingo I'd assume...

JustKay
05-15-17, 11:01 PM
Care to share? I'm curious.... something to do with bingo I'd assume...

Not before I finish this LB round :D Maybe if I ever quit DS I might do a quick brain dump on all the tactics I've come up with on the forum, however that sort of defies logic since a secret advantage ceases to be an advantage when it's public knowledge.

Hartoled
05-15-17, 11:35 PM
Not before I finish this LB round :D Maybe if I ever quit DS I might do a quick brain dump on all the tactics I've come up with on the forum, however that sort of defies logic since a secret advantage ceases to be an advantage when it's public knowledge.

That's totally understandable. I have a devastating attack, myself, all pre-loaded and ready, but I doubt I'll use it, this time. Still, wouldn't want to tip my hand.

Speaking of devastating, that Cleopatra Dragon is pretty tough in the Arena. Good crop of fighters this LB round. I went ahead and sprang for the Mummy, just to have the full set. 24 hours to hatch that thing, though!

Good luck, BTW!

emnatja
05-16-17, 01:11 AM
hmmm, I hit 5643 and didn't get the cleopatra dragon. I have the green check mark in milestones, but no dragon in storage. Anyone else have this issue?

katali119
05-16-17, 01:57 AM

Lol, having one of those Tech breaks I keep hearing about! Yes, I'd forgotten sometimes people go on holiday! :)

Den8137259
05-16-17, 02:07 AM

★ JustKay better to brain dump outside of this forum if you decide to do a show and tell! S8 will delete this for sure lol.. ★

★ but S8 might not delete if you dispense a pointer a day.. too much work for S8 to delete (: ★

ksbmommy
05-16-17, 02:34 AM
My LB has been quiet as far as lead changes after the first day.

First and second are 10k+ points ahead of third. Third made a move on Saturday to put distance between him and fourth. I'm in second. I was speed breeding with my boosts for mama dragon (no luck). Now I want second because I've been sitting there for a while. I know 10k points can be done quick enough - I have a plan if third tries a last minute sneak attack.

Den8137259
05-16-17, 05:06 AM
★ just 5 hours to go! gentlemen, start your engines (: ★

kooky panda
05-16-17, 09:10 AM
hmmm, I hit 5643 and didn't get the cleopatra dragon. I have the green check mark in milestones, but no dragon in storage. Anyone else have this issue?
Please try force closing and restarting your game, then check your storage again.

emnatja
05-16-17, 09:31 AM
I did and its still not showing up, but then I did the spin to win which turned my 5643 to 5860 and I got the pop up saying I got the cleopatra dragon. Checked storage and it is now in there. Maybe a glitch with the numbers? Thank you.

kooky panda
05-16-17, 09:56 AM
I did and its still not showing up, but then I did the spin to win which turned my 5643 to 5860 and I got the pop up saying I got the cleopatra dragon. Checked storage and it is now in there. Maybe a glitch with the numbers? Thank you.
Oh wonderful ! I am glad she showed up! Thank for reporting back!

Den8137259
05-16-17, 10:03 AM
Now I want second because I've been sitting there for a while. I know 10k points can be done quick enough - I have a plan if third tries a last minute sneak attack.

★ ksbmommy, did u succeed in staying second? ★

cheerwine
05-16-17, 10:24 AM
Finished seventh place with 8099 .First place was 181268 ,second place 128443

Clark_Wayne
05-16-17, 10:36 AM
Finished seventh place with 8099 .First place was 181268 ,second place 128443

crazy lol

divanightclub
05-16-17, 10:39 AM
In my group, 1st, 2nd and 3rd all had the gold boost activated. It was less than 10 points between 1st and 2nd, and 3rd place lost by 2 POINTS,that had to hurt losing by 2, when they were boosting like crazy. This was the closest I ever seen the first three players trying to get ONE DRAGON, while everyone else just sat back and waited to see the final results. It's unbelievable to see how this particular event makes players spend soo much gold, when only the first 2 players are able to get the grand prize.

I am happy that I was able to win Gentle Knight ,because it least it was a champion dragon..

katali119
05-16-17, 10:53 AM
I always think it's harsh that 3rd gets a trophy but no dragon, like s8 think people play for the trophy. But then I know there are people on here who actually do play for the trophies so what do I know?!

ksbmommy
05-16-17, 11:23 AM
★ ksbmommy, did u succeed in staying second? ★

Yes I did. Third didn't make a move. I think they just wanted third :-)

starship412
05-16-17, 12:29 PM
I finished in 6th place and I tried hard to finish below 10th - all I wanted was the milestone prizes because I worked hard in previous LBs just to have 1st place snatched from me by snipers. The only time I ever won a LB dragon was when the Tropic Tide was the prize and ever since then I've been placed in ultra competitive groups. I learned my lesson from the Gentle Knight and Above leaderboards - if I want the dragon that bad then I'll just shell out the $34.99 US or so to get it instead of boosting and stuff which costs more.

jjblueyes
05-16-17, 03:00 PM
I just do what I do and get what I get. I could care less about any virtual trophy or my place. I have gotten near last when I have a busy week and I've been 1st many times when I had the time to play and or going for a certain dragon by breeding. I think some take things way to seriously. When people are spending a boat load of money trying to get first when you both get dragons I think that's so silly. Just my take on it and it's not changed since day one. LB could disappear and I wouldn't mind at all. I still don't like them. I wish everyone luck with whatever they partake in. Cheers.

starship412
05-16-17, 03:27 PM
I just do what I do and get what I get. I could care less about any virtual trophy or my place. I have gotten near last when I have a busy week and I've been 1st many times when I had the time to play and or going for a certain dragon by breeding. I think some take things way to seriously. When people are spending a boat load of money trying to get first when you both get dragons I think that's so silly. Just my take on it and it's not changed since day one. LB could disappear and I wouldn't mind at all. I still don't like them. I wish everyone luck with whatever they partake in. Cheers.

Cheers to you too. I agree that spending a bunch of gold to get a virtual creature is crazy when they spend more than the dragon is in the market. I see a bunch of people spending twice or three times as much gold in Leaderboard than it costs to get the dragon itself. High Priestess costed 1500 gold in the store but clearly the leaders in my group wanted the trophy more because I know, for a fact, they spent at least 4500 gold to catch 1st place. To me, that's not worth it.

Den8137259
05-16-17, 04:16 PM
★ hi ★ just to inform, the Gold Carving and Sandstone Obelisk boosters aren't storable anymore .. could S8 enable that feature, please? Ty ★

amalsaba
05-16-17, 04:35 PM
So I was coming first throughout the whole leaderboard but I had to go to sleep during the last 3 hours. Just enough time for someone to sneak up and snatch it from me. I still got the dragon prize but I really do wish that the leaderboard event would finish sometimes at the same time tournaments do. Just to make it fair for other players playing in different time zones.

Den8137259
05-16-17, 07:01 PM
Yes I did. Third didn't make a move. I think they just wanted third :-)

★ woot woot ! Congrats ksbmommy (: ★

JustKay
05-16-17, 08:48 PM
Whaaa, had fun in this LB finish. So tense in the last few days with three contenders. I did read my challenger's moves right though. 2nd boosted ahead to lead in the last day, but mostly since they weren't going to be online for the finishing hours so they wanted that slim chance at staying at least 2nd. Sneaky 3rd was the one to watch. While they had trophies stored I could count at least 7 top LB prize dragons bouncing around their island. They also stayed just far back enough, but boosted to stay within reach. I was wrong about my trump card, I visited their island in the last hour and could see their setup so clearly I knew this person was doing the exact same strategy, so I had to change tack. Still managed to clinch the no1 win on food and free gold alone :D

Was a good LB for me. Invited 3rd to be a neighbour and got gold in return, so might have a new reliable gold gifter! I also finally got to feed up my Gold Horizon to lvl15. Didn't get to feed my Mithril anything but that's ok. Also, got my 10 win streak on DS now, and my baby account had no problems placing first too.

JustKay
05-16-17, 09:09 PM
In my group, 1st, 2nd and 3rd all had the gold boost activated. It was less than 10 points between 1st and 2nd, and 3rd place lost by 2 POINTS,that had to hurt losing by 2, when they were boosting like crazy. This was the closest I ever seen the first three players trying to get ONE DRAGON, while everyone else just sat back and waited to see the final results. It's unbelievable to see how this particular event makes players spend soo much gold, when only the first 2 players are able to get the grand prize.

Wow, that is a paper thin, photo finish! Am curious how many points they had to rack up to even stay in contention. The closest finish I've ever been in was a 30 point difference between my 2nd place and the person in third, way way back for Skylord the first LB. Since then I've always ensured a wide berth.

I think this LB prize was particularly attractive since the Egypt type is well known to be a Champion ****er, and now paired with the new Mystic type it's all somewhat a mystery just how good this dragon will be in tournaments. Am almost tempted to hatch mine, when I mostly keep eggs in storage. Even my gentle knight is still in storage despite the benefits she might confer.

JustKay
05-16-17, 09:11 PM
I always think it's harsh that 3rd gets a trophy but no dragon, like s8 think people play for the trophy. But then I know there are people on here who actually do play for the trophies so what do I know?!

Funny fact is that the bronze trophy is just as rare as the gold or silver trophy! There's only one given out in every 20 players.

Hartoled
05-16-17, 09:36 PM
Seriously, hearing about victories that would require thousands of dollars worth of gold to purchase leaves me incredulous, especially since a former LB Prize, the Mama Dragon, was on sale in concert with this event.

JustKay
05-16-17, 09:46 PM
Seriously, hearing about victories that would require thousands of dollars worth of gold to purchase leaves me incredulous, especially since a former LB Prize, the Mama Dragon, was on sale in concert with this event.

But the trophy wasn't on sale ;) ... if they ever put out these trophies again for direct purchase or otherwise, there would be so much hell raised...

When you think about it, a dragon and a decoration are not that much different. They're both virtual digital sprites and in some tournament rounds you start to feel like any champion dragon out there has about the same chances of winning as a decoration does >_<

Den8137259
05-16-17, 09:47 PM
Am almost tempted to hatch mine, when I mostly keep eggs in storage. Even my gentle knight is still in storage despite the benefits she might confer.

★ Congrats on win, kay (: ★

JustKay
05-16-17, 10:51 PM
★ Congrats on win, kay (: ★

Thanks, Den!

Limequat
05-17-17, 06:40 AM

Well, if you ever decide to reveal your secrets, the one I'd most like to know is how you manage to never be in a super crazy group! You say you only use food and gold you get for free from your GPDs, I imagine being placed in a group with leaders getting 100,000+ points would quickly deplete your supply of both and make it difficult to compete in subsequent leaderboards.

The 20th person in my group didn't arrive until Saturday, even though I logged in shortly after leaderboards started. As soon as they got into the game, they quickly made their way to the top and stayed in first place for a few days. But then other people started to pick up the pace, and they slipped lower and lower. 1st and 2nd ended the event with twice the amount of points they had. I guess they thought delaying their login time would get them put into an easier group, but it turns out the game had saved a spot in my group (full of winners from the previous leaderboard) just for them...

comeseecomesah
05-17-17, 03:44 PM
★ JustKay better to brain dump outside of this forum if you decide to do a show and tell! S8 will delete this for sure lol.. ★

(: ★
...or use it to their advantage to make things harder for us

JustKay
05-17-17, 04:50 PM
The 20th person in my group didn't arrive until Saturday, even though I logged in shortly after leaderboards started. As soon as they got into the game, they quickly made their way to the top and stayed in first place for a few days. But then other people started to pick up the pace, and they slipped lower and lower. 1st and 2nd ended the event with twice the amount of points they had. I guess they thought delaying their login time would get them put into an easier group, but it turns out the game had saved a spot in my group (full of winners from the previous leaderboard) just for them...

I am not suprised they do this. it's not hard to change the grouping to factor in the number of trophies you have. I have in many recent LBs seen a lot of trophies and prize dragons in my competitor's islands. There is a psychology element to it though. Some of these players would have been capable of out-spending me with real money but I didn't let it get to that. The competitive drive is something that can build up over the course of the event. Not everyone is dead set on winning from the get go. I also have accumulated a pretty visual deterrent for any one who sizes up their opponents.