PDA

View Full Version : New Habitat Caps May 5 2017

FlatFoot
05-03-17, 11:00 AM
Hey everyone, I want to let you know that we have a new schedule for habitat allowance throughout the levels. This new change will start with levels 84 and affect every level past it. Some levels will see an increase of 1 habitat while others may see an increase of up to 20!

We're hoping this update will alleviate the pressure of placing and purchasing new habitats on your Island. We understand this has been a problem and hope this fixes it for the near future. As we move forward we will continue to monitor the space and address it to the best of our abilities.

Best,

Flatfoot

(goes live May 5th at 10:30am PST)

littelprincess0313
05-05-17, 10:38 AM
Yeah!!! Thank you Flatfoot :)

Den8137259
05-05-17, 10:53 AM
★ flatfoot thankies for bringing in this news ~ a wish come true :D ★

starship412
05-05-17, 10:56 AM
You da man FlatFoot!

random59
05-05-17, 10:57 AM
Is the update live now?

Level 200, habitats 220 can't see an increase!

FlatFoot
05-05-17, 11:09 AM
Let me just double check that it went out :rolleyes:

FlatFoot
05-05-17, 11:45 AM
Heh... thought it was ready to go live this morning. It IS coming out, just maybe in an hour or so. :confused:

Shar33
05-05-17, 11:51 AM
This is good news but aren't most high levels land locked as well?

random59
05-05-17, 11:53 AM
FlatFoot, Shar33 does raise a valid point, what is the use of a habitat increase if some players have no space left to place them?

amerirish
05-05-17, 11:55 AM
I am super excited by this news :D I really hope it's a BIG increase!

random59
05-05-17, 11:58 AM
I am super excited by this news :D I really hope it's a BIG increase!

No it doesn't appear to be, just another band aide increase from 1 at level 84 to 20 at level 200.

amerirish
05-05-17, 12:00 PM
No it doesn't appear to be, just another band aide increase from 1 at level 84 to 20 at level 200.

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised with more just so they can shut us up for awhile, lmao :D

FlatFoot
05-05-17, 12:17 PM
Okay, the update should be live now!

kimandamelia
05-05-17, 12:39 PM
For once, I have no complaints!!!! I have extra space from the last mine opening to get more island parts and at level 188, just saw a 20 habitat increase!!!! That is great!!!

random59
05-05-17, 12:52 PM

Yes it is, thanks.

What happens with my neighbours who at level 200 are already land locked, you have given us an increase but they have no room to place any more habitats. I would not be able to place an additional 20 habitats!

Shar33
05-05-17, 12:52 PM
Just found out, at lv 200 you can only place 227 habitats. 228 if you use the last mining space (not sure who would do this after the last mine closing fiasco) but that leaves another 13 habitats that can't physically be placed. So technically without land lv 200 players get a 7 habitat increase

random59
05-05-17, 01:02 PM
Just found out, at lv 200 you can only place 227 habitats. 228 if you use the last mining space (not sure who would do this after the last mine closing fiasco) but that leaves another 13 habitats that can't physically be placed. So technically without land lv 200 players get a 7 habitat increase

Just worked mine out, if I removed what decor I have and use the last mining space (as if) I can place only 225 habitats!

Shar33
05-05-17, 02:08 PM
Just worked mine out, if I removed what decor I have and use the last mining space (as if) I can place only 225 habitats!

Yeah that's even worse. That means you can only place 5. I don't understand why the games with the habitat and land. It's either there's never none or one or the other. A little extra land but habitat locked or raised habitat cap and no land. It never seems to work out so players can just play and not have to be stuck and stressed.

blueangel826
05-05-17, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the habitat increase! I'm one who can only add 5 new ones, then I'm out of land to put more! That counts all the recently added mining spots except the last one that may close that side of the mine! Not talking any chance of that happening as before!! Appreciate what you've done but keep working for more land for those of us who are overloaded & overwhelmed with dragons in the stable & 50+ eggs in storage!

Clark_Wayne
05-05-17, 04:45 PM

thx for the habitats cap raising :)
any infos about when we will have more lands ? :D

starship412
05-05-17, 05:08 PM
I don't know if this is possible for the future or can even be done in Dragon Story but how about a travel button to travel to a second island - but unlike the Arctic Isles, just have a normal land like the island we start with. It would probably save on the upgrades and I think it would make for a smoother gameplay with graphics split between two screens as opposed to everything being stuck on one land if you know what I mean.

njbhugjjgnj
05-05-17, 05:58 PM
I don't know if this is possible for the future or can even be done in Dragon Story but how about a travel button to travel to a second island - but unlike the Arctic Isles, just have a normal land like the island we start with. It would probably save on the upgrades and I think it would make for a smoother gameplay with graphics split between two screens as opposed to everything being stuck on one land if you know what I mean.

Yes,yes I do know what you mean ∩(^o^∩)=͟͟͞͞(∩^o^∩=͟͟͞͞(∩^o^∩)=͟͟͞͞(∩^o^∩)=͟͟͞͞(∩^ o^)∩

Shar33
05-05-17, 05:59 PM
thx for the habitats cap raising :)
any infos about when we will have more lands ? :D

Of course not. Now they go back to looking the other way and pretend they don't hear us.

random59
05-06-17, 04:14 AM
I know this is going to fall on deaf ears but can someone PLEASE EXPLAIN to WHY we get an extra 20 habitat increase (level 200) to 240 allowable habitats when I can only place 225 if I strip my game of decor, use the last mining space (as if)!

I now have 13 habitats in storage from leaderboard events, really want to buy the new one but feeling apprehensive with doing this!

The only habitats holding 3 dragons are Metal, Ancient Tarpit, Tropic, Fairytale, Stone, maybe a couple of single colour option. Then we have the RESOURCE habitats Cartographer occupies one but he will be sent back to the stables when I need the habitat space. 7 GPD habitats housing just 14 dragons, this really needs addressing, my concern is that these habitats have cost us 8,000,000 coins so the upgrades in my opinion should not be of an exorbitant cost of gold.

Could someone from Storm8 please address these concerns for us please.

LocalNews
05-12-17, 08:39 AM
Thanks so much for listening to our concerns and increasing the habitats allowed. This will be a great help!

random59
05-12-17, 03:30 PM
I know this is going to fall on deaf ears but can someone PLEASE EXPLAIN to WHY we get an extra 20 habitat increase (level 200) to 240 allowable habitats when I can only place 225 if I strip my game of decor, use the last mining space (as if)!

I now have 13 habitats in storage from leaderboard events, really want to buy the new one but feeling apprehensive with doing this!

The only habitats holding 3 dragons are Metal, Ancient Tarpit, Tropic, Fairytale, Stone, maybe a couple of single colour option. Then we have the RESOURCE habitats Cartographer occupies one but he will be sent back to the stables when I need the habitat space. 7 GPD habitats housing just 14 dragons, this really needs addressing, my concern is that these habitats have cost us 8,000,000 coins so the upgrades in my opinion should not be of an exorbitant cost of gold.

Could someone from Storm8 please address these concerns for us please.

I am still at a loss, will someone from Storm 8 please answer this question of why allocate an additional 20 habitats to 240 when we can only place 225?

Clark_Wayne
05-12-17, 05:04 PM

yes yes i know what you mean too :)

Shar33
05-12-17, 05:38 PM
I am still at a loss, will someone from Storm 8 please answer this question of why allocate an additional 20 habitats to 240 when we can only place 225?

Yeah who knows why it's so hard for them to have even a bit of respect for their customers and respond to something very easy that only they can answer.

jjblueyes
05-12-17, 09:47 PM
Yeah who knows why it's so hard for them to have even a bit of respect for their customers and respond to something very easy that only they can answer.

It creates anger customers. We've consistently been asking for help, some of us for YEARS. It's the same circle of issues, no room, habitat caps. I don't remember a time where I had lots of room and no issues with habitats. Frustrating.

Den8137259
05-13-17, 07:02 AM
★ If only existing dragons n habitats can be stored ~ that would solve all problems, don't they ? ★

★ take a leaf from S8's Castle Story, see how they do it successfully or at least not so much complaints as bad as DS (: ty ★

Mercy1st
05-13-17, 10:55 AM
Thanks but need more land. We also don't have enough land to put up decorations and then had to take down most of them just to have room for habitats

Shar33
05-13-17, 02:03 PM
★ If only existing dragons n habitats can be stored ~ that would solve all problems, don't they ? ★

★ take a leaf from S8's Castle Story, see how they do it successfully or at least not so much complaints as bad as DS (: ty ★

Storing habitats isn't the way to go. More land is. People can't display all of there stuff if they're sticking it in storage

random59
05-19-17, 03:03 PM

Another week has passed and still no answer, PLEASE, humour us for once and answer. If the answer is you just don't know it would be refreshing to hear and I might stop with the queries.

random59
05-26-17, 01:21 PM
Another week has passed and still no answer, PLEASE, humour us for once and answer. If the answer is you just don't know it would be refreshing to hear and I might stop with the queries.

Stone the crows, another week has passed, SIGH! Is there an answer? When do we get he increased land as I can only fit 225 habitats of my allowable 240 habitats.

I know what, should I sell my premium Diamond habitats and buy single habitats so I can all my allotted habitat spaces. NOT HAPPENING!

Well I probably know where I will be posting next week and I am pretty sure it will be to this thread.

Clark_Wayne
05-26-17, 03:21 PM
i have 2-3 spots left for habitats !
i like buying habitats but without new lands , i won't be able to buy any habitat !

njbhugjjgnj
05-26-17, 03:29 PM
i have 2-3 spots left for habitats !
i like buying habitats but without new lands , i won't be able to buy any habitat !

Sadly I'm in the same boat with you :( Can.....can S8 throw us a LAND line?

Shar33
05-26-17, 05:35 PM
Sadly I'm in the same boat with you :( Can.....can S8 throw us a LAND line?

Many are. Few of my neighbors are too

Den8137259
05-29-17, 03:24 PM
★ I'm level 200, and I have used up my habitat quota!! Help me Obi Wan S8! ★

Den8137259
06-02-17, 09:36 AM
★ I have used up my habitat quota of 240!! S8, give us more land, more habitats please! ★

random59
06-02-17, 01:14 PM
Stone the crows, another week has passed, SIGH! Is there an answer? When do we get he increased land as I can only fit 225 habitats of my allowable 240 habitats.

I know what, should I sell my premium Diamond habitats and buy single habitats so I can all my allotted habitat spaces. NOT HAPPENING!

Well I probably know where I will be posting next week and I am pretty sure it will be to this thread.

Yet another week has passed and still no comment forthcoming, I am not going to relent on this question. When are we going to have the allotted space to allow us to use our allotted habitats.

I really want my extra space now and not next year. Why in Hades allocate us more habitats without the space to place them?

You really need to address this but knowing Storm8's past history of ignoring the fact of the matter and correcting it, I dare say I will be posting to this thread again next week!

Sheesh, man up and admit you guys made a mistake because no one thought it through properly!

Until next week then:mad:

Shar33
06-03-17, 11:28 AM
Yet another week has passed and still no comment forthcoming, I am not going to relent on this question. When are we going to have the allotted space to allow us to use our allotted habitats.

I really want my extra space now and not next year. Why in Hades allocate us more habitats without the space to place them?

You really need to address this but knowing Storm8's past history of ignoring the fact of the matter and correcting it, I dare say I will be posting to this thread again next week!

Sheesh, man up and admit you guys made a mistake because no one thought it through properly!

What I really don't get, is why try to half way help and then dissappear. They make this new thread, post about a new change for keeping up with staying ahead of the habitat issues and then when the players say they can only place 3 to 5 of the new habitats no response. How hard is it to let users know what's going on? We are the game supporters

random59
06-03-17, 01:33 PM
What I really don't get, is why try to half way help and then dissappear. They make this new thread, post about a new change for keeping up with staying ahead of the habitat issues and then when the players say they can only place 3 to 5 of the new habitats no response. How hard is it to let users know what's going on? We are the game supporters

It comes down to one word CONTROL, this way it is they who CONTROL the direction of the game and we who BEG for habitats and space and it really needs to stop.

random59
06-09-17, 11:53 AM

Gosh, has it been a whole week, surely I jest, but it has!

Your silence on this issue is getting somewhat boorish and the introduction of a 2x2 habitat is laughable to say the least.

If it is a graphics and coding problem with new land release then has the stability of the game been thought through if we were to purchase and place these new habitats with 2 level 15 dragons! Crash, Crash, Crash!

Just introduce new land that we can utilise, simple as that, haha as if!

Well, as you tend to have a problem with addressing these issues, I guess I will be posting on this issue in another 7 days.

One way to get me to stop posting is actually to fix the problem!

Den8137259
06-09-17, 09:36 PM
★ this habitat is tiny! ★ can foresee it will pose a space and habitat issue in not too near future ★ imo ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DB7ujVbV0AApY9F?format=jpg

Den8137259
06-09-17, 10:23 PM
Yes it is a small habitat like the diamond habitat.

Talking about making efficient habitats, how about :

1) squeezing 2 diamond drags in the diamond habitat? ★

2) shrinking existing 4x4 habitats to 3x3 size, you'll get tremendous savings on space (: ★

3) increasing habitat drag capacity to accommodate one more drag (: ★

ksbmommy
06-10-17, 07:08 AM
I placed two of the new 2x2 habitats and for right now, it worked really well for my island. Two dragons in there wasn't overwhelming space wise. Plus I used them more in a decorative placement rather than having 4 of them in the same space as a 4x4. I'm not land locked or habitat maxed yet. Tonight I'm going to work on my island layout and see what's actually left as I continue to expand. I'd like to be able to use some decorations and spread my dragons out a bit. I'll see how that goes.

random59
06-16-17, 01:14 PM
Gosh, has it been a whole week, surely I jest, but it has!

Your silence on this issue is getting somewhat boorish and the introduction of a 2x2 habitat is laughable to say the least.

If it is a graphics and coding problem with new land release then has the stability of the game been thought through if we were to purchase and place these new habitats with 2 level 15 dragons! Crash, Crash, Crash!

Just introduce new land that we can utilise, simple as that, haha as if!

Well, as you tend to have a problem with addressing these issues, I guess I will be posting on this issue in another 7 days.

One way to get me to stop posting is actually to fix the problem!

Gosh, has it been a week since I last posted here. (Haha of course it is)

The designers of this game really need to release more land as this game is just not working for the long term players due to the quality of graphics causing game crashes etc.

I must say that I have not seen many of these 2 dragon habitats around on my neighbours games but then again like me they see that this bandaid fix will not work. For it to work you would still need to introduce more land for it to works as can you just imagine what the game would do if we had 8 epic dragons in the space of a 4 capacity habitat - nope my brain can't get around it.

Then you have the problem of games like mine that can only operate with a little over 2 billion coins and then it goes a bit haywire and yet I have neighbours with 9 plus billion coins, apparently this is a coding issue which you are aware of. (Must have downloaded on a Monday and got a sluggish game, lol) But I digress so back to the point, these new habitats will hold up to 10,000 coins but what can we do with them, nothing!

I can only place 125 of my allotted habitats out of 140 that is if I removed every bit of decoration I had which is negligent. OR I could drag all my spare diamond hybrids out of my Stables and buy single Diamond habitats, that probably may use up my allocation.

There is a bucket load of space both on the main isle and the arctic isle, why not release the Arctic section up to Android and open up more land up there as well.

What is the use of all these decorations from various events if they cannot be displayed, oops I forgot we can sell them but what for if again we can't use the coins.

Another new habitat has been released today and for many they can not purchase it has they have no spare place to place it as they are land locked. I will be they shortly and that really Displeases me!

So how about responding to some of these issues, by not addressing these pressing issues your silence just tells us that you don't give a d..n.

So until next week, I bid you adieu and I take it there will be no forthcoming response from Storm8!

Den8137259
06-16-17, 08:38 PM
★ I am maxed. no means to add another habitat even if I wanted to ★

Shar33
06-17-17, 01:07 PM
Yeah another new habitat many people cannot buy. I don't understand. The people who buy all these habitats for storm 8 to make money cant possibly buy any more (not enough land). They could be making a lot more money. Between this issue and the newer value pack dragons that almost everyone already has is costing them money for sure.

Den8137259
06-17-17, 07:55 PM
★ old players stayed to play DS cos they tend to their drags n support S8 all these years.

S8, do take care of us cos we spend a lot (: ★

Mercy1st
06-18-17, 01:36 AM
Totally agree we need more land. Have been playing for four years and it seems like now those of us that have been in it long term are the least represented as far as storm8. We also need to be able to give more gold. Understand a limit of three for newer players but I have over 300 neighbors and it's really difficult to be able to give them gold. Finally it would really be nice when you upgrade the app that you made it so that we did not crash every time we went to visit someone over 160 levels. It is like visit ONE and crash visit to more and crash and those of us who have been in a long time have had friends in this for years.

Den8137259
06-18-17, 04:22 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37122

★ I really love this habitat but I'm maxed ★ lll

random59
06-23-17, 12:59 PM
★ I really love this habitat but I'm maxed ★ lll

Such a shame that you can't buy this habitat through being maxed out, I want to buy it but am getting close to using all my free space.