PDA

View Full Version : Not to be compliant with upcoming iOS

JudyReno4
04-28-17, 04:33 PM
Still playing and enjoying with iOS 10.3. Apple is messaging that the game needs an upgrade to be compliant with future iOS updates. I would hate to get locked out of one of my favorite games. The support center closed my ticket and sent me here.

kooky panda
04-28-17, 05:52 PM
I did check on this and right now is it recommended that you do not update to iOS 11 at this time for certain games .

You can check your device to see if you have any games that may have issues by going to:

Settings > General > About > Applications. This brings up a list of the installed apps that are 32-bit.

Note: City Story Metro isn't on the list, but we recommend not updating to iOS 11 at this time, since you're seeing this message in the game.

annie566
05-01-17, 10:02 PM
Hi we are neighbors this is Annie. They closed my ticket as well...

annie566
05-01-17, 10:03 PM
What does not compliant mean will the game go away

kooky panda
05-02-17, 07:57 AM
They are checking to see why this pop up was in the game, since this game is not on the list , so I am hopeful that there will not be any issues with the
game in the future. :)

mchelzville
10-01-17, 11:34 PM
I just found this thread. As you guys, my ticket was closed. I wasn’t aware of this. My iPad automatically updated to iOS 11, now I’m locked out. Will there be updates? There’s never help for this app, that I’ve spent hundreds maybe thousands on!! Help pls

kooky panda
10-02-17, 09:32 AM
I am sorry but iOS 11 will not support 32 bit apps any longer.

Settings > General > About > Applications. This brings up a list of the installed apps that are 32-bit.

busters19
10-07-17, 08:29 AM
I am sorry but iOS 11 will not support 32 bit apps any longer.

If I am understanding correctly, my City Story will not work anymore on iOS 11 update? Or, will there be an update coming?
Thanks

kooky panda
10-08-17, 01:48 PM
There is no word on any updates at this time.

MisterBlu
04-10-18, 10:44 AM
At the beginning of 2018 Apple advised users of iPhones, iPads etc to upgrade to the latest version of iOS for security reasons.
I have so far continued with iOS 10 because I don't want to lose City Story Metro and all my neighbours but feel it is high time I upgraded to iOS 11.
Does S8 have any intention of upgrading CSM in the light of Apple's advise?
It seems a poor show if S8 isn't prepared to keep up with the latest technology or is it just a good way to phase out a game they want to get rid of?