PDA

View Full Version : Storybook : 2017 apr 27 - April Showers NEW POLL

Clark_Wayne
04-28-17, 11:32 AM
TIPS :
- save your bombs because you will need them for the mine in ch1, ch3, ch6 and ch9 !
- food needed to raise Hoppour to level 15 : 44930 apples (food schedule C)
- food needed to raise Fluffingo to level 14 : 72660 apples (food schedule D)

FOR HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS

Ch1 : 2 acts
- harvest adventurenips x5 (skip : 20 gems)
- collect 1 umbrella in the mine (skip : 12 gems)
reward : 8 expansion runes (unlock next chap : 5 gems)

ch2 : 4 acts
- hatch ANY animal (skip : 30 gems)
- plant rune prunes x3 (skip : 40 gems)
- collect 6 Rain Jars from EVOLVING (skip : 18 gems)
- hatch a CHROMADILE (dark water, breeding 11h) (skip : 72 gems)
reward : Hoppour (dark water, hatching 8h, evolving 8h) (unlock next chapter : 10 gems)
[
ch3 : 4 acts
- hatch Hoppour (it count if you already hatched it) (skip : 16)
- collect 32 rain boots from farms (1,5 per hour) (the rune prunes planted in ch2 must be enough) (skip : 42)
- raise Hoppour to level 5 (skip : 12)
- collect 2 Umbrellas in the mine (skip : 24)
reward : 5000 apples (unlock next chapter : 15 gems)

ch4 : 3 acts
- raise Hoppour to level 8 (skip : 40)
- hatch an AQUATTER (nature water, 8h) (skip : 24)
- plant Spell Melon x6 (skip: 45)
reward : 4 cloud bushes (unlock next chapter : 20 gems)
TIP : for chapter 5 you can plant 2 runes prunes or 6 mangoes ;)

ch5 : 4 acts
- feed RACMOON x30 (skip : 38)
- collect 50 rain boots from farms (1,5 per hour) (skip : 66)
- breed Rainguin WITH another animal (skip : 30)
- raise Hoppour to level 11 (skip : 75)
reward : 20000 coins

ch6 : 4 acts
- collect 4 Umbrellas in the mine (skip : 48)
- plant mystic mangos x6 (skip : 48)
- collect 8 Rain Jars from EVOLVING (1 per hour) (skip : 24)
- raise Hoppour to level 15 (skip : 120)
reward : Fluffingo (water fire, hatching 7h, evolving 7h)

ch7 : 3 acts (thx to agrowculture)
- hatch Fluffingo (it count if you already hatched it) (skip : 14)
- breed Chromadile WITH another animal (skip : 40)
- raise Fluffingo to level 4 (skip : 16)
reward : 4 Umbrellas Trees (unlock next chapter : 35)
TIP : you can prepare chapter 8 by planting 2 runes prunes or 6 mystic mangoes

ch8 : 4 acts (thx to agrowculture)
- collect 60 Rain Boots from farms (1,5 per hour) (skip : 80)
- raise Fluffingo to level 7 (skip : 35)
- Feed FIREFOX x25 (skip : 18)
- Plant Adventurnips x6 (skip : 18)
reward : 10 expansion runes (unlock next chapter : 45)

ch9 : 4 acts
- Raise Fluffingo to level 11 (skip : 95)
- feed FIREFOX x15 (skip : 65)
- collect 5 Umbrellas in the MINE (skip : 60)
- hatch a FROSTFANG (you can just buy it in the market ;)) (skip : 44)
reward : 7500 apples (unlock next chapter : 50)
TIP : buy 2 frostfang so you will save time in chapter 10 ;)
TIP : you can prepare chapter 8 by planting 2 runes prunes or 6 mystic mangoes
[

ch10 : 5 acts
- Feed FROSTFANG x30 (skip 38)
- raise Fluffingo to level 14 (skip : 175)
- collect 50 Rain Boots from farms (skip : 66)
- breed Hoppour with another animal (skip 50)
- collect 6 Rain Jars from EVOLVING (skip 18)
reward : Drizzly Bear (water earth, Ultra Rare, hatching 19h, evolving 20h )
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36734

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36630

Limequat
04-28-17, 11:43 AM
Heads up: the event autostarted as soon as I opened the game. If you usually wait a few days before starting the Storybook, don't do that this time or you'll be in for a nasty surprise when you look at the timer!

Silverrain1
04-28-17, 11:53 AM
Oh no. Not happy at all with an auto start!

Scangelina
04-28-17, 11:59 AM
AUTO START😡Ugh!!! I'm not ready. I need to build up my food. This happened on Dragon Story too. Whyyyyy😫

Clark_Wayne
04-28-17, 12:01 PM
yes the storybook start right now . they did the same with dragon story ! many people wasn't happy and complained

Eluzyion
04-28-17, 12:19 PM
I'm not caring for these animals but good luck to all doing this one! :)

MystiqueRealm
04-28-17, 12:21 PM
yes the storybook start right now . they did the same with dragon story ! many people wasn't happy and complained

Too many complaints about storybook start and end times? So I guess this is their fix, careful what people gripe about! :)

Eluzyion
04-28-17, 12:23 PM
Too many complaints about storybook start and end times? So I guess this is their fix, careful what people gripe about! :)

I was thinking the same thing!

Clark_Wayne
04-28-17, 01:09 PM
the 2 first chapters are on line ;)

Alideh
04-28-17, 01:16 PM
Thank you soo much for posting the steps. Thank you again Clark_Wayne and everyone else who posts steps!!

Omg...Auto Start :o WHY :(
I handn't realized it until I read the previous posts ... :/

The bear is soo cute in baby form, and the flamingo is pretty :o
The lizard's colors are pretty however not a huge fan of lizards/geckos. As for the theme, I like it :) It's something different and new! Not sure if I'm going to aim for the bear yet since I have yet to complete a full Story book, and I know it takes about 150k apples and a whole bunch of breeding and evolving. I will try for the flamingo and see how I am with apples and time.
Good luck all :D

poofyena
04-28-17, 02:35 PM
Auto start! Whhhhy! I have enough apples but usually wait a few days to make sure. I'm kinda glad that i dont like any of the animals for this event. I might not bother trying to complete it.

littelprincess0313
04-28-17, 05:01 PM
Auto start -.- I cant believe it. I normally wait a few days.
A new thing nobody wanted but the habitat cap is still there and no new expantions.
Please let us have our 2/4 days to start by ourselves back!!

LauraGSJK
04-28-17, 08:06 PM
A huge thank you to Clark_Wayne for posting the steps and other information. I don't know if I could do these Storybooks without you. Thank you so much to everyone who posts helpful tips/info. Your help is greatly appreciated! Good luck everyone! :)

LauraGSJK
04-28-17, 08:15 PM
A new thing nobody wanted but the habitat cap is still there and no new expantions.

I 100% agree with you. I don't want my weekend tied up. Especially right on the heels of the birthstone tournament, and the Leaderboard event. I've quit other S8 games for all the back to back and overlapping events. At least with the SB we could start a few days later if we wanted to. I haven't missed a SB, but this may be the first. I haven't made up my mind yet.

MauiLady7
04-28-17, 09:18 PM

I'm going to throw in my two cents as well--Auto Start after a Leaderboard? **SCREAMS** My baby account won't make it for sure with 13,000 apples, but I may get up to day 8 or 9. But I refuse to buy any gems on that account. Guess S8 will find out how many complete it by how many Drizzly Bears they give out.

Many Thanks to Clark Wayne as always for leading the way!

Silverrain1
04-29-17, 01:50 AM
Hopefully any breeding tasks will be able to get done first time or I'll fall right behind. Not gonna use gems if that happens. So we will see if I can catch up. Just about to try for the chromodile so let's see.

Main account has 3 hours left of a breeding pair before I can try.
Second account got (drum roll please!) 40 hours. Hahahahaha.

luna2cute
04-29-17, 02:21 AM
Hopefully any breeding tasks will be able to get done first time or I'll fall right behind. Not gonna use gems if that happens. So we will see if I can catch up. Just about to try for the chromodile so let's see.

congrats on 40 hours!!!!! ;)

Clark_Wayne
04-29-17, 03:48 AM

ha ! ha ! ha ! congrat !

and for all players : leaderboard or not leaderboard, i always keep about 100-135k of apples because i rather finish a storybook than an leaderboard. that's my baseline ;)
and knowing now how s8 send events now, i think that may be i will raise my food stockpile to a little more just in case ;)

btw chapter 4 is online ;)

btw2 : i'd like to know if my template is ok or there is anything to add or remove ?

btw3 : anyone could give me the 2 animals name ? (i have Hoppour and Fluffingo)

and if anyone got more info for the missing chapters, don't hesitate to post ;)

Morag2000
04-29-17, 05:09 AM
Thank you Clark_Wayne for posting the storybook challenges.

I am very disheartened to see that we have to breed an Aquatter. I have been playing FFS for over a year and I still can not breed an Aquatter, so I don't think I will go very far this time and I am not paying 600 gems for it.

Some you win, some you lose.

Good luck to you all.

GreytMom
04-29-17, 06:31 AM

Too funny. Congrats!

GreytMom
04-29-17, 06:38 AM
Got my Chromodile on the first try.
And so begins my endless flock of Turtisles. Breeding an Aquatter is going to be tough. It took me a very long time to get my first one.

Sidenote: You know you write about FFS too much when your autocorrect knows the animals and will auto-fill them in after the first few letters.

Clark_Wayne
04-29-17, 06:58 AM
Thank you Clark_Wayne for posting the storybook challenges.

I am very disheartened to see that we have to breed an Aquatter. I have been playing FFS for over a year and I still can not breed an Aquatter, so I don't think I will go very far this time and I am not paying 600 gems for it.

Some you win, some you lose.

Good luck to you all.

Got my Chromodile on the first try.
And so begins my endless flock of Rainguins. Breeding an Aquatter is going to be tough. It took me a very long time to get my first one.

Sidenote: You know you write about FFS too much when your autocorrect knows the animals and will auto-fill them in after the first few letters.

Edit: Just checked and I must have saved an extra Aquatter at some point so I have two I can feed, so I can gem skip hatching if I really need to but I'd much prefer to save my gems towards the zodiac habitat when it goes on sale.

yes breeding aquatter is a VERY big challenge !
it is supposed to be rare but imo it is super hard to get it because there are also seamus and chilly goat so this is really not fun to ask us to breed an aquatter !
beside they are not asking us to feed them !
chapter 5 : we have to feed racmoon 30x ! this storybook is going to be really tough !

GreytMom
04-29-17, 07:36 AM
yes breeding aquatter is a VERY big challenge !
it is supposed to be rare but imo it is super hard to get it because there are also seamus and chilly goat so this is really not fun to ask us to breed an aquatter !
beside they are not asking us to feed them !
chapter 5 : we have to feed racmoon 30x ! this storybook is going to be really tough !

Ah, thanks. I hadn't noticed the updated post. I just assumed we'd feed the Aquatter. My Racmoon is a baby so I'm good there.
Again, thanks for all your posts. It is very much appreciated!

Limequat
04-29-17, 08:20 AM
Breed an Aquatter? What a pain this is going to be. Rare is going to feel more like an ultra rare when you're trying to breed something under such time constraints. I like the Fluffingo so I'll probably end up paying the 24 gems to skip breeding an Aquatter, but depending on what the remaining tasks are, I don't think I'm motivated enough to aim for the final prize.

I complete every Storybook (and Tales in DS) that comes out regardless of whether or not I like the animals, but I'm going to have to reconsider from now on. In addition to the auto start on the first day, they really upped the difficulty of the tasks in both games. :(

epinederose
04-29-17, 09:13 AM
ah.... not a great fan of those animals..... but ! I just had a 47 hours "fail"...... topaz tiger, wow !.... I gemed ! gne !
thank you for your help, Clark Wayne, your advices are always veeeery helpul, merci !!

MauiLady7
04-29-17, 10:57 AM
Breed an Aquatter? What a pain this is going to be. Rare is going to feel more like an ultra rare when you're trying to breed something under such time constraints. I like the Fluffingo so I'll probably end up paying the 24 gems to skip breeding an Aquatter, but depending on what the remaining tasks are, I don't think I'm motivated enough to aim for the final prize.

I complete every Storybook (and Tales in DS) that comes out regardless of whether or not I like the animals, but I'm going to have to reconsider from now on. In addition to the auto start on the first day, they really upped the difficulty of the tasks in both games. :(

Talk about difficult, how about almost impossible for a one day task? Even in the zodiacs we had a week to breed a rare animal! On top of that we have to feed a racmoon 30 times which I bet most of us don't have a baby one laying around. Maybe this should be the storybook that you fill out your gem hybrid line since the odds are better that you breed them during a storybook.

judyandthecat
04-29-17, 11:00 AM

I got 43 hours so perfectly happy if I don't finish this storybook.
Congrats to you too.

Silverrain1
04-29-17, 12:35 PM
Thanks on all the congrats and congrats to those of you who got gem 💎 hybrids to!
Main account didn't get the needed 11 hours so not sure.
I'll keep playing and see where I end up (if I ever get the 11 hours) but I'm not spending gems on it.
I have fortunately been able to finish every storybook on my main account but then I wait for the auto start, Where I have more apples and you helpful, amazing ppl tell me what needs done! This time, I'm just not feeling it!

salmakyounis
04-29-17, 01:02 PM
Hi. What did people breed for the higher hours? I really like FFS but can't say I'm up to date with tips etc. Shame about the auto start as didn't have enough food. Trying to get the woodpecker at the moment. That's looks better than the SB creatures.

poofyena
04-29-17, 01:12 PM
I'm not really trying to complete this event thanks to the odd looking animals which I just don't like and the fact that Aquatter is needed. I've only ever bred one. My first attempt at Chromadile is a fail so I am already behind in this storybook. Ah well, you can't win them all I guess and I got lucky breeding Woodpecker first try so I'm content to sit this out.

rasike
04-29-17, 03:12 PM
ch2 - hatch a CHROMADILE - in one day because the game autostarted. It's possible, but still a lot more difficult than in the previous storybook adventures.
ch4 - hatch an AQUATTER - its a RARE animal! Even if I was lucky and got a Chromadile on the first try, it is necessary to have extremely much luck to get a rare animal.
ch5 - feed RACMOON x30. What? 30 times??!! This adventure is the craziest I've seen in FF. I doubt anyone will finish it without investing gems. At least I do not like the animals of this storybook so much.

DirkDragon
04-29-17, 03:26 PM
I tried to breed a Racmoon just to feed it, but got a Pygmy Giraffe instead. I am NOT buying one. Then there's the Aquatter! Rapidly losing interest.

BBHome20
04-29-17, 06:44 PM
Chapter 5 - Act 3 - breed a RAINGUIN with another animal

Chapter 6 - 4 acts

1) Collect 4 Umbrellas
2) Plant 6 Mystic Mangoes
3) Collect 8 Rain Jars from evolving
4) Raise Hoppour to Level 15
REWARD: FLUFFINGO

Chapter 7 - 3 acts

- hatch FLUFFINGO (it counts if you already hatched it)
- Breed Chromadile with another animal
- Raise Fluffingo to level 4
REWARD: 4 Umbrellas Trees

CHAPTER 8 - 4 ACTS

- Collect 60 Rain Boots from harvesting
- Raise Fluffingo to level 7
- Feed Firefoxes 25 times
- Plant Adventurnips x6
REWARD: 10 Expansion Runes

CHAPTER 9 - 4 ACTS

- Raise Fluffingo to Level 11
- Feed FIREFOX 15 times
- Collect 5 Umbrellas from the Mine
- Hatch a Frostfang
REWARD: 7500 Apples

CHAPTER 10 - 5 ACTS

- Feed Frostfang 30 times
- Raise Fluffingo to level 14
- Collect 50 Rain Boots from harvesting
-

BBHome20
04-29-17, 06:48 PM
I would like to thank everyone who posted what is needed for each chapter; especially Clarke Wayne; it's very helpful ☺

GreytMom
04-29-17, 07:49 PM
Luckily my Racmoon is a baby. Whenever​ I breed duplicates the adult is the first one to go and I keep the baby for the SB's (plus I think the babies are cute). I'll need to level up my Rainguin in order to breed him though.
Tip: All my duplicates that I can get rid of if necessary are named "Dup". I check the album at hatching time to check. When I hatch something I already have, the adult's name gets changed to Dup and the baby aquires the cute name. This keeps me from having to search around too much when I'm trying to make room for someone else, if it's name is "Dup" I know it's okay to sell it.
Also, if I have two critters I see I need to feed for the SB I name it "Dup4SB" so I don't accidentally sell it.

Limequat
04-29-17, 08:19 PM
Fortunately, I was able to breed a Chromadile on the first try yesterday, and I already have a juvenile Racmoon I can feed 30 times. So I've been able to devote all of my time today to getting that Aquatter. Here's what I've gotten so far:

1. Turtisle
2. Turtisle
3. Turtisle
4. Skyena

:rolleyes:

GreytMom
04-29-17, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know the rate of Rain Boots from farming? I'd like to use the other farms for Cherries & Nuts while the Prunes finish growing.

themusicloverme
04-29-17, 09:11 PM
I'm having a hard time breeding a chromadile! goodness. I may only be able to reach the second animal. it's a good thing I don't like the prize so much. and I could also try for other animals while trying to breed the chromadile. oh well. I'll see how I roll.

comeseecomesah
04-29-17, 10:34 PM
Rediculous and ruthless!!!

Sakrysta
04-30-17, 12:03 AM
My first attempt at a Chromadile gave me a Sea Lion fail. My second has yielded a 45-hour "fail." *facepalm* I'm glad as I don't have any crystal hybrids yet on my secondary account, but the timing sure is lousy.

Silverrain1
04-30-17, 12:12 AM
Trying for a chromodile
Main account
14 hours
19 hours

Second account
40 hours

Does t look like either account will win.

BBHome20
04-30-17, 12:31 AM
Trying for a chromodile
Main account
14 hours
19 hours

Second account
40 hours

Does t look like either account will win.

What did you use to get the 40 hours?

BiggerBubbles
04-30-17, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know the rate of Rain Boots from farming? I'd like to use the other farms for Cherries & Nuts while the Prunes finish growing.

Think one 20 hr crop gave me 30 rain boots so must be 1 1/2 per hour.

Silverrain1
04-30-17, 01:17 AM
What did you use to get the 40 hours?

Crystal unicorn and beast

a_beautiful_day
04-30-17, 05:48 AM
Hi. What did people breed for the higher hours? I really like FFS but can't say I'm up to date with tips etc. Shame about the auto start as didn't have enough food. Trying to get the woodpecker at the moment. That's looks better than the SB creatures.

I didn't see if anyone answered you so forgive me if it's been answered. I know for myself & I think for the others(correct me if I'm wrong), when trying to breed any new animal, I use my gem animals with the other element (i.e. Water, earth, fire, dark etc) & since the chance of breeding the ultra rare gem animals is so low, most times it's like breeding just the other elements. So when I tried breeding the Chromadile, I used Onyx Direwolf & Sapphire Sphinx. I got the Chromadile first try luckily but I still need the Jade Kirin which uses the dark element. So I had a chance of that as well. Sorry this is a long explanation lol...but I hope it made sense & answered your question! :)

geckoos
04-30-17, 07:40 AM
45 hour fail !! :D dont have any Crystal animals yet so this was really amazing! :D

PurpleSonya
04-30-17, 08:24 AM
Yep! An unpleasant surprise.

Morag2000
04-30-17, 09:42 AM
Has anyone completed the Storybook yet?

Does anyone know what the tasks are for chapters 5-10 yet please?

I think everyone would be most grateful for any information, thank you.

Limequat
04-30-17, 12:33 PM
Well, this is amazing. My fifth try at the Aquatter gave me an 8 hour timer in the breeding den. I don't see any other 8 hour water-nature animals on the list, so this should be it.

I won't need to spend gems to skip this step, but I probably won't be as lucky in the future. This breed a rare animal nonsense needs to go. They might as well have just phrased it as "Chapter 4, Act 2: Pay 24 gems."

Clark_Wayne
04-30-17, 01:09 PM
Well, this is amazing. My fifth try at the Aquatter gave me an 8 hour timer in the breeding den. I don't see any other 8 hour water-nature animals on the list, so this should be it.

I won't need to spend gems to skip this step, but I probably won't be as lucky in the future. This breed a rare animal nonsense needs to go. They might as well have just phrased it as "Chapter 4, Act 2: Pay 24 gems."

yes aquatter is the only 8h for water-nature combo ;)

chapter 5 on line ;)

GreytMom
04-30-17, 01:45 PM
Think one 20 hr crop gave me 30 rain boots so must be 1 1/2 per hour.
Thank you.

GreytMom
04-30-17, 01:48 PM
They might as well have just phrased it as "Chapter 4, Act 2: Pay 24 gems."

Lol, you speak the truth.

Ann255780
04-30-17, 02:01 PM
Seriously! Hatch an aquatter what a pain :( to think I almost have enough food to finish
1st Turtisle
2nd semur 11 hrs
3rd Turtisle 6hrs
4th chill goat 14 hrs
This is gonna be nearly impossible but still try:mad:

BBHome20
04-30-17, 02:31 PM
Has anyone completed the Storybook yet?

Does anyone know what the tasks are for chapters 5-10 yet please?

I think everyone would be most grateful for any information, thank you.

It's listed on page 1 ☺

salmakyounis
04-30-17, 03:16 PM
No this is great. Thank you so much. The only gem one I have is ornate ocelot, and I bought it with gems. Is it possible to breed gem with elements and get gem animals. I thought gem ones weren't available through breeding? I think I'm just going to keep trying breeding it with diff combinations after this event is over!

salmakyounis
04-30-17, 03:18 PM
I didn't see if anyone answered you so forgive me if it's been answered. I know for myself & I think for the others(correct me if I'm wrong), when trying to breed any new animal, I use my gem animals with the other element (i.e. Water, earth, fire, dark etc) & since the chance of breeding the ultra rare gem animals is so low, most times it's like breeding just the other elements. So when I tried breeding the Chromadile, I used Onyx Direwolf & Sapphire Sphinx. I got the Chromadile first try luckily but I still need the Jade Kirin which uses the dark element. So I had a chance of that as well. Sorry this is a long explanation lol...but I hope it made sense & answered your question! :)

Sorry I replied but not sure how to link you to it! New to msg boards. It's the post above this one. Thanks for your help.

MystiqueRealm
04-30-17, 03:29 PM
No this is great. Thank you so much. The only gem one I have is ornate ocelot, and I bought it with gems. Is it possible to breed gem with elements and get gem animals. I thought gem ones weren't available through breeding? I think I'm just going to keep trying breeding it with diff combinations after this event is over!

Gem animals to get gem hybrids are legendary crystal animals, treasure animals cannot be bred :)

DirkDragon
04-30-17, 03:38 PM
Chapter 3, mine for 2 umbrellas. I had 8 bombs which gave me 12 runes and ONE umbrella!!! As if the stuff that follows isn't bad enough.
Edit....just realised you start chapter 6 by mining for FOUR umbrellas. So l need another 40 bombs then. Yeah right, no problem! (Yes, that is sarcasm.)

DirkDragon
04-30-17, 03:46 PM
It's listed on page 1 ☺

No it isn't. This is clarke's template and all unknowns are xxx.

Clark_Wayne
04-30-17, 03:59 PM
No it isn't. This is clarke's template and all unknowns are xxx.

and that's all we got at the moment ;)
for sure if anyone got all the chapters, i would have put it in post #1

btw if it follows the old pattern, you will have to mine for more umbrellas in ch9 ;) so 40 bombs would probably not be enough ;)

Drachenia
04-30-17, 04:36 PM
Hi Guys! I am now at the 2 Racmoon and now also Aquatter breeding. I've now fed my whole apples to Hoppour. I just ran out of the apples with my leaderboard and did not collect any new apples. I do not know if I can complete the storybook. :(

BBHome20
04-30-17, 05:24 PM
for sure if anyone got all the chapters, i would have put it in post #1

btw if it follows the old pattern, you will have to mine for more umbrellas in ch9 ;) so 40 bombs would probably not be enough ;)

I have posted what is needed for chapter 6 & 7.... check my post on page 4

Clark_Wayne
04-30-17, 05:52 PM
I have posted what is needed for chapter 6 & 7.... check my post on page 4

thx ;) adding it to post #1 ;)

question : who do we need to feed in chapter 8 ?

BBHome20
04-30-17, 07:13 PM

Not there yet but will emend my post when I do

haku8cafe
04-30-17, 07:42 PM
Chapter 3, mine for 2 umbrellas. I had 8 bombs which gave me 12 runes and ONE umbrella!!! As if the stuff that follows isn't bad enough.
Edit....just realised you start chapter 6 by mining for FOUR umbrellas. So l need another 40 bombs then. Yeah right, no problem! (Yes, that is sarcasm.)

I am having this issue with SB events for a while so this is what I do, once this issue comes out... keep mining & look if you are using 3 mines & you are getting eg 6runes & 6xumbrella ALTHOUGHT you do not need the umbrella.. stop mining & keep acummalting your mine

there are issue which I just mine & once the events need that particular part it never spawns... I know it is a pain to have 15mines piling up but at least you manage to clear the SB & move on....

I have like 10mines & gotten 1 part & many runes so I switch to this... I use 2 mines if my parts keep spawning I just stop mining till that event needs might be a few days away but at least it works for me

hopefully the issue gets better when you move on to the 4 parts & you do not need to resort to try what I am doing now :(

DirkDragon
05-01-17, 12:51 AM

OMG l hope you're joking! It just gets better and better!

DirkDragon
05-01-17, 12:55 AM
I am having this issue with SB events for a while so this is what I do, once this issue comes out... keep mining & look if you are using 3 mines & you are getting eg 6runes & 6xumbrella ALTHOUGHT you do not need the umbrella.. stop mining & keep acummalting your mine

there are issue which I just mine & once the events need that particular part it never spawns... I know it is a pain to have 15mines piling up but at least you manage to clear the SB & move on....

I have like 10mines & gotten 1 part & many runes so I switch to this... I use 2 mines if my parts keep spawning I just stop mining till that event needs might be a few days away but at least it works for me

hopefully the issue gets better when you move on to the 4 parts & you do not need to resort to try what I am doing now :(

I stop mining as soon as l have what l need, then save my bombs. Unfortunately, l had to use 10 bombs for 2 umbrellas. Thanks for trying to help.

Morag2000
05-01-17, 01:41 AM
For the past 3 days I have hatched a shoal of Turtiles and 1 Seamur, but no Aquatter, so I have bitten the bullet and paid the 24 gems to skip that quest.

On the bright side, I have managed to hatch I Racmoon and another is in the breeding den, I just hope I don't have to feed the Aquatter further down the line.

This is a tough Storybook.

Good luck. to you all

Mrsveralorraine
05-01-17, 03:51 AM

Congrats. What animals did you use to get the aquatter?

njbhugjjgnj
05-01-17, 06:02 AM
On my main acct I used,frost fang and hydro yak :)

Limequat
05-01-17, 06:51 AM
yes aquatter is the only 8h for water-nature combo ;)

Just hatched mine this morning. I would have gone nuts if there was another animal with that timer and then ended up getting that other animal!

Lol, you speak the truth.

There's no way they really expect a lot of people to be able to successfully breed an Aquatter in just a few days. Especially considering that there are a year's worth of threads where people complain about not getting the zodiac animal because they couldn't breed something in time...

I used Chilly Goat and Crystal Unicorn. Good luck!

Ellerslie6
05-01-17, 11:18 AM

First attempt at Chromadile failed so I guess that's it for me. Don't mind auto start but it would've been good to get official warning in advance given it's not happened before. My biggest complaint is number of hatchings required - especially when lack of space forced me to sell Rainguin recently. This will be first storybook I've missed but I'm sure it won't be the last. My total lack of luck with mining makes it too difficult to expand fast enough such that I constantly have to sell animals to make way for super rares etc. Surely it's time we get the option to store up to 3 animals in a storage place we purchase???
Good luck to those playing and thanks to a Wayne for advance posting

Ellerslie6
05-01-17, 11:29 AM

I agree with Limequat. Breeding rare animals is unrealistic requirement. I refuse to spend gems on storybooks - it's just too risky. It's already impossible for me to finish this one so why spend gems? Add to this the mining requirement and I totally give up - my luck at mining is so bad that It usually takes me two bombs to get just one rune.

Now that I've decided not to move to Ch 4 I feel like a winner thinking about all the food and bombs I'll save for normal breeding.

Good luck to all those that persevere.

Silverrain1
05-01-17, 12:01 PM
Just got my chromodile on main account. Second account got 26 hours after the 40 so no luck there. I dnt even no what I'm doing any more tbh! Continue and hope I'll catch up or just call it quits? The good news, if I continue, I have more food now since it took so long to get chromodile. First attempt at semur is 6 hours

Mrsveralorraine
05-01-17, 02:01 PM
Thank you!!!

GreytMom
05-01-17, 02:06 PM
I'm on the fence trying to decide if I'll continue, too. I like both the bear and flamingo but not sure if I want to use the gems, especially if there's going to be another tough one to breed in Chapter 9 or if I need to breed more critters for feeding.
Again, thanks to those who post the steps!

poofyena
05-01-17, 02:30 PM
After many 6 hour fails and now an 11 hour fail trying for the Aquatter I feel like I'm probably going to just leave the SB here. I have no Racmoon either so still need to breed and hatch that to be able to feed it. It's just not looking likely I'll finish this without spending a large amount of gems to play catch up, especially as we don't know whats to come and that could require more gems to get past. I didn't like the prize animals to much but it's still a sting not to be able to finish up for the first time in a long time. The hatch requirements are just getting harder and I feel like S8 are forcing us to use gems this way.
Oh well, at least I can save a ton of food this way to use on something else! Good luck to everyone who will be trying for the final prize!

Silverrain1
05-01-17, 02:33 PM
I'm on the fence trying to decide if I'll continue, too. I like both the bear and flamingo but not sure if I want to use the gems, especially if there's going to be another tough one to breed in Chapter 9 or if I need to breed more critters for feeding.
Again, thanks to those who post the steps!

Think I'll continue till I either run out of time or can't achieve something. I'm not spending gems on this event. Especially since I'm currently in the process of reinstalling the game again

luna2cute
05-01-17, 02:36 PM
Stuck on trying for Aquatter. So far 2 turtisles and 2 seamurs.

This one is very difficult. Might not make the final animal but I guess I'll take the Fluffingo. Lol.

Drachenia
05-01-17, 02:50 PM
Excuse me, I can not give tips anyone. I'm lagging behind the tasks and still have all the habitats full. Tomorrow I get a country unlocked, but almost no more bombs. Now the breeding tasks with animals I sold out of lack of space. I do not know if I can finish the storybook. :(

BBHome20
05-01-17, 03:03 PM

We have to feed a FIREFOX 25 times

Clark_Wayne
05-01-17, 03:52 PM
Stuck on trying for Aquatter. So far 2 turtisles and 2 seamurs.

This one is very difficult. Might not make the final animal but I guess I'll take the Fluffingo. Lol.

i skipped the aquatter : too hard to get it !

@agrowculture : thx about firefox ;)

GreytMom
05-01-17, 04:40 PM
So just for this SB we need a Chromodile, Racmoon, Aquatter, & Firefox PLUS whatever else we need to feed and breed for Chaps 9 & 10. Goodness gracious​, this one is tough.

Tiamat68
05-01-17, 08:01 PM
I agree with Limequat. Breeding rare animals is unrealistic requirement. I refuse to spend gems on storybooks - it's just too risky. It's already impossible for me to finish this one so why spend gems? Add to this the mining requirement and I totally give up - my luck at mining is so bad that It usually takes me two bombs to get just one rune.

Now that I've decided not to move to Ch 4 I feel like a winner thinking about all the food and bombs I'll save for normal breeding.

Good luck to all those that persevere.

I agree with those who are commenting about breeding an Aquatter. I think that is an unrealistic requirement. I've had five tries so far and none were Aquatters. And the clock is ticking. Storybooks used to be my favorite thing to do. Not any more. They've become more frustrating than fun. I have an Aquatter. I'm sure not going to buy one to fulfill the requirement or pay to skip it. So I'm out of this one. I'll spend my gems on things that are more rewarding.

JustKay
05-01-17, 08:50 PM
I decided early to sit this one out. Might get the Hoppour but everything after that isn't so special for me. Even the happour, i tried for a Chromadile and ended up with a 20 hour breeding clock! I'm going to just go back to trying for the Wood pecker now while i still can ...

BBHome20
05-01-17, 09:10 PM
We have to feed a FIREFOX 25 times

Chapter 9 has been updated on page 4.

greeneyedalexa
05-01-17, 09:51 PM
It's a Virgo zodiac all over again. More than half of us couldn't breed the Aquatter for almost a week then, and now they want us to breed it in one day with autostart? No, thank you. I'm outta here. This was supposed to be a fun game, with beautiful animals to enjoy, and for a long time it's money dependent and frustrating. The requirements are insane, the game is constantly crashing even on brand new phones, that are almost better than computers (hardware speaking).
I don't want to uninstall and reinstall a game every two days, waste half of my salary, just to get one animal on a storybook, or stressfully wake up in 3 am to collect something, or breed something, just to get ahead in some crazy schedule.
Bye guys.

BiggerBubbles
05-02-17, 01:40 AM
I believe I am up to my 8th Turstile, this is not fun. I would just like to get the pink birdy animal, don't really care about the rest, but not a single gem will be spent, so don't like my chances.

rosenvito
05-02-17, 02:42 AM
why even bother giving us a tales event when you've made it near impossible to do, i'm on my 6th try for the aquater & after that i still need to breed another racmoon if i want to get any further. I have completed every tales event since I started but this one is just ridiculous, shows just how greedy storm 8 has become, & now all i want to do is quit all youir game!!

luna2cute
05-02-17, 03:14 AM
I believe I am up to my 8th Turstile, this is not fun. I would just like to get the pink birdy animal, don't really care about the rest, but not a single gem will be spent, so don't like my chances.

Same. I'm getting turtisles and seamurs. I'll keep trying for the fluffy pink thing then I'll probably run out of time. Oh well. It's just a bear in a raincoat! Lol

poofyena
05-02-17, 04:39 AM
This mornings try for Aquatter is a 16 hour fail. Thats My nest tied up for the day and zero chance of catch up now especially when i don't even have racmoon. I'll keep trying to breed for Aquatter for fun to see how long it takes to get one!

Silverrain1
05-02-17, 05:01 AM
Onto my third turtisle fail which is better than what some of u poor folks are getting. Gonna keep going and see how I get but by looking at the comments, it sounds like a lot of ppl are ready to give up. Myself included

Clark_Wayne
05-02-17, 07:00 AM
Onto my third turtisle fail which is better than what some of u poor folks are getting. Gonna keep going and see how I get but by looking at the comments, it sounds like a lot of ppl are ready to give up. Myself included

i gave up after 5 turtles :D and skipped the task ! fortunately i have enough gems to do it :)

Ann255780
05-02-17, 07:35 AM
And my 5th try is semur or other 1 which has an 11 hr good grief at this rate I won't go pass chap 4 :(. Such a shame I wanted 2nd animal too

JanineQuinty
05-02-17, 07:45 AM
I don't seem to get the aquatter. I even tried breeding with my level 15 aquatter but I only get turlisles and other animals but no aquatters. #fail

Silverrain1
05-02-17, 07:55 AM
i gave up after 5 turtles :D and skipped the task ! fortunately i have enough gems to do it :)

That's ashame you had to do that. I cld spend some gems but I'm not going to lol. I'm not planning on buying more so gonna save them where I can. Even if it means missing out. Not achieving story books I can live with but I'll b gutted if I miss habitats!
Game just crashed and I'm at work so cnt reinstall. Probs b an other 3 hours till I get home.

PrairieGrass
05-02-17, 08:27 AM
After monsoon marmet and 2 aqua fox fails, I finally got my chromodile and finished chapter 2!
I've never been so far behind and I don't even care about finishing at this point. But I may still go for the second animal. I've lost track of how many chapters I'm behind. Can some one tell me what chapter I should be on if doing one per day?

NilsonPets
05-02-17, 08:40 AM
After monsoon marmet and 2 aqua fox fails, I finally got my chromodile and finished chapter 2!
I've never been so far behind and I don't even care about finishing at this point. But I may still go for the second animal. I've lost track of how many chapters I'm behind. Can some one tell me what chapter I should be on if doing one per day?

I am in the same boat, I can't get Aquatter so i am stuck on chapter 4. I don't usually find them this hard to get but it just isn't working.

sweethutch
05-02-17, 09:27 AM

I believe we are on chapter 5 today. Chapter 6 should unlock tonight if I calculated correctly. ��

Clark_Wayne
05-02-17, 10:40 AM
i think it is the 1st time i have so many problems with a storybook ! i used to do it without spending lot of gems !

seraconan
05-02-17, 11:23 AM
i think it is the 1st time i have so many problems with a storybook ! i used to do it without spending lot of gems !

I agree
This SB is way too complicated

GreytMom
05-02-17, 11:34 AM
I gem skipped the Aquatter and now my first attempt for a Firefox is an Ember Bear fail. Now to wait the 13 hours for it to finish breeding before I can try again. Boo.
And then i just I mistakenly put in my Dragonfly to evolve without checking the evolution time first. So I'm playing the waiting game to get the rain buckets, too. Not sure that I'll finish a SB for the first time. Boo again.

Silverrain1
05-02-17, 12:17 PM
Got the aquatter on 4th attempt

GreytMom
05-02-17, 12:25 PM
<jealously sticking tongue out at Silverrain>
Congrats! Glad you were able to breed it without too much struggle.

Silverrain1
05-02-17, 01:27 PM
<jealously sticking tongue out at Silverrain>
Congrats! Glad you were able to breed it without too much struggle.

Lol, little green eyed monster on your shoulder? Thabks, I thought it was going to be a nightmare considering how much trouble every one else was having! Hope the rest of the quest goes well for you!

GinettaZ
05-02-17, 05:49 PM
Me and 3 friends are all stuck on ch 4 trying to breed the d Aquatter! There is only a little over 5days left and I've been trying to breed this for 3 days. Even an Aquatter and crystal uni aren't working! No sense playing this game anymore ever.all 4 of us have just about had it.one more stunt like blocking us like this and we're all done. And in the past all 4 of us have spent real money on th I s game. No more.

Clark_Wayne
05-02-17, 07:46 PM
imo this is a really bad move from s8 : making players unhappy with such hard chapter 4, this only makes them stop playing , not encouraging them to spend money on the game.
besides i saw on the other thread that gems sale was not as interesting as in the past ! even Drachenia found this too expensive !
and it seems that lots of players found the last tourney much more difficult than in the past
honestly i don't think that making so many things harder will help the game :(

BiggerBubbles
05-02-17, 08:28 PM
Up to 8 turstiles then a chilly goat, now a 16 hr skyena. I have all these. It's just about 'all over, red rover'!
Next try is at 5:30am....

On the other hand, I am on round 30 of the tournament!

delimiah
05-03-17, 02:14 AM
Couldn't breed aquatter so I'm just gonna stop playing this SB. Anyway not excited about the other 2 animals.

Sakrysta
05-03-17, 07:24 AM
I refuse to give up until all hope is lost. LOL Sometimes those last steps can go by pretty quickly, and I always want new animals, even when they are less attractive. A lot of times the ugliest ones end up growing on me because of their eating or battle animations, or ... just because. ;-)

Limequat
05-03-17, 11:33 AM
Chapter 6 was really easy, I was able to finish it within minutes. I expect chapter 7 will go smoothly as well. Don't know about chapter 8, though. I'm trying to breed an extra Firefox for feeding, and my first two tries both gave me Ladypugs.

flatulent
05-03-17, 01:50 PM
I'll not give up hope for an aquatter but a 13 hour fail at this point does make me a little dark.

Buttercup0001
05-03-17, 04:14 PM
Reading through previous post and it seems I'm not the only one stuck trying to breed an Aquatter. 1 Chilly Goat and 7 Turtisle fails and 5 days left in the SB, it's looking grim. I'm trying to stay positive but honestly think this SB is the hardest SB since they were released. Being a long time player I've bred most rare and SR animals, so it's little bit frustrated having to sell Epic animals just to replace them for the SB and feed them up all over again. In this SB you need to breed a Chromadile, Aquatter, Racmoon and a Firefox. IMHO this is a bit much, especially from us long term players. I sold off my Epic Chromadile to house the new one (no room on runes to expand for a new habitat). And now the Aquatter being a rare is extremely hard to breed. I have the gems to skip the step but feel like it's defeating the game.

PolarDini
05-03-17, 04:58 PM
7th turtisle and no aquatter,.. This is the perfect example of impossible quests .

BiggerBubbles
05-03-17, 04:59 PM
8 turstiles, chilly goat, skyena, now another turstile, next try 9:30 tonight when skyena gets out of the nest.

No, I have no intention of giving up, you've got to breed something right to get bombs, might as well try for an aquatter!

cng500
05-03-17, 06:34 PM
difficulty breeding acquatter - tried over 8 and only get turtisle - any thoughts what to do?

luna2cute
05-03-17, 06:37 PM
Reading through previous post and it seems I'm not the only one stuck trying to breed an Aquatter. 1 Chilly Goat and 7 Turtisle fails and 5 days left in the SB, it's looking grim. I'm trying to stay positive but honestly think this SB is the hardest SB since they were released. Being a long time player I've bred most rare and SR animals, so it's little bit frustrated having to sell Epic animals just to replace them for the SB and feed them up all over again. In this SB you need to breed a Chromadile, Aquatter, Racmoon and a Firefox. IMHO this is a bit much, especially from us long term players. I sold off my Epic Chromadile to house the new one (no room on runes to expand for a new habitat). And now the Aquatter being a rare is extremely hard to breed. I have the gems to skip the step but feel like it's defeating the game.

same. I don't want to use gems to skip and just keep trying. But fail after fail for days is very disappointing. :(

Pippinville
05-03-17, 10:41 PM
I CANNOT breed the Aquatter (have been trying for days) and also think this sb is ridiculously hard! Will not use gems to skip. Thinking I will not play FFS anymore....

DirkDragon
05-04-17, 12:30 AM
I would like to thank everyone who posted what is needed for each chapter; especially Clarke Wayne; it's very helpful ☺

Our thanks to you too for the later chapters and clarke-wayne as always.

arrouk
05-04-17, 12:37 AM
Well I was about to catch up with the story book and decided to put a cheeky breaking pair in over night while I waited for my racmoon to hatch. Boom 45 hours :). Doesn't look like there will be time to finish the story after.

AppieP
05-04-17, 12:38 AM
Also cannot breed the Aquatter. Now a 16 hour "fail" Skyena. Didn't have it. Will keep trying, but probably not been able to finish the SB.

arsenialina
05-04-17, 12:42 AM
Sorry to bother you, xxx is a type of a dragon or it's just a code to cover it's real name?

Clark_Wayne
05-04-17, 01:29 AM
Sorry to bother you, xxx is a type of a dragon or it's just a code to cover it's real name?

xxx is for things we don't know yet ;)

arsenialina
05-04-17, 02:19 AM
xxx is for things we don't know yet ;)

Will you let me know when you do? Thank you very much 

cherrycastleorchard
05-04-17, 02:55 AM
Please can anyone tell me the chapters for the lower levels eg. Level 23

rasike
05-04-17, 03:45 AM
Finally I was able to breed Aquatter! In one hour my crops will be ready and I should finish chapter 5. I wonder how much I am behind.

Clark_Wayne
05-04-17, 03:58 AM
Will you let me know when you do? Thank you very much 

of course ! everyone is waiting for what is missing ;)

BiggerBubbles
05-04-17, 04:51 AM
8 turstiles, chilly goat, skyena, now another turstile, next try 9:30 tonight when skyena gets out of the nest.

Followed by Seamur or ocean owl. Next try 8:30am, at least I don't have to wake up during the night!

transberry
05-04-17, 06:51 AM
I gladly spent 24 gems to skip breeding aquatter after 4 failed attempts

Still behind as racmoon didn't have 30 slots left to feed, hated having to pay 38 gems to skip

But 4 days behind now waiting to try to breed racmoon

Hate having to breed feed sell what we already have

LauraGSJK
05-04-17, 08:00 AM
Me and 3 friends are all stuck on ch 4 trying to breed the d Aquatter! There is only a little over 5days left and I've been trying to breed this for 3 days. Even an Aquatter and crystal uni aren't working! No sense playing this game anymore ever.all 4 of us have just about had it.one more stunt like blocking us like this and we're all done. And in the past all 4 of us have spent real money on th I s game. No more.

Yes, I agree with you and so many others. I feel I'd have to spend A LOT of gems for this Storybook. In the past I was willing to spend a few gems here and there, but not as many as I would need to for this SB. So, I flat out won't do it. I think S8 would have made more money on how they did their previous SBs. I just now finally bread an Aquatter. Still in the breeding den. I refuse to spend gems when it looks like I will have to dole out a lot of gems for several chapters. This will be the first SB I haven't finished. I don't like the direction S8 has taken.

Good luck to everyone! Once again, a huge thank you to Clark_Wayne and others for posting the steps and other helpful info. I sure hope S8 sees these posts & change their next Storybook so it's more likely we can accomplish it. Best wishes! :)

LauraGSJK
05-04-17, 08:04 AM
Would someone tell me what Chapter we are on now? It took me all this time to breed the Aquatter (which is still breeding). I think it would take more than luck to catch up at this point. Thank you, & once again, wishing everyone the best of luck!

njbhugjjgnj
05-04-17, 08:23 AM
Would someone tell me what Chapter we are on now? It took me all this time to breed the Aquatter (which is still breeding). I think it would take more than luck to catch up at this point. Thank you, & once again, wishing everyone the best of luck!

I'm currently on CH 6....but,I'm a little behind due to waiting on evolving flower :\

GreytMom
05-04-17, 10:52 AM

Chapter 8 unlocks in 13 hours from now. Not sure where you are, but in the States EDT (it's 1:45 pm here right now) it will be at 3am on Friday morning. So at the time of this posting you have about 3 1/2 days to finish. If you need to exactly figure out breeding hatching farming there's 85 hours.
You'd have to do the exact math but, depending where you're at now, it seems possible to finish as long as you have a Firefox and Frostfang to feed and are extremely diligent and set alarms to remind you.

Clark_Wayne
05-04-17, 11:26 AM

if you (auto)started on day 1 then you should be doing chapter 7 today and doing chapter 10 on sunday ;)

LauraGSJK
05-04-17, 02:54 PM
I'm currently on CH 6....but,I'm a little behind due to waiting on evolving flower :\

Chapter 8 unlocks in 13 hours from now. Not sure where you are, but in the States EDT (it's 1:45 pm here right now) it will be at 3am on Friday morning. So at the time of this posting you have about 3 1/2 days to finish. If you need to exactly figure out breeding hatching farming there's 85 hours.
You'd have to do the exact math but, depending where you're at now, it seems possible to finish as long as you have a Firefox and Frostfang to feed and are extremely diligent and set alarms to remind you.

if you (auto)started on day 1 then you should be doing chapter 7 today and doing chapter 10 on sunday ;)

Thank so much njbhugjjgnj, GreytMom and Clark_Wayne!! I greatly appreciate your help. No, I don't see how it's possible for me to finish without spending lots of gems. I'll try anyway. Thanks again! Take care! :)

LauraGSJK
05-04-17, 03:07 PM

I really, really appreciate you taking so much time breaking everything down for me. That was SO VERY nice of you to do that. I'm bummed about this SB, but your kindness, as well as everyone else's, made me feel a bit better. I hope you are doing well. Sending you & everyone good wishes.

Buttercup0001
05-04-17, 03:56 PM
See below

Buttercup0001
05-04-17, 04:00 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be able to finish the SB. Last night on my 10th attempt to breed an Aquatter, pairing my CU with an Aquatter and got a 50hr breed time. I bred the Sapphire Sphinx. I'm so very happy and tbh after so many fails, I'll can now sit back, grow food and stay calm. Good luck to all in the SB.

Clark_Wayne
05-04-17, 04:35 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be able to finish the SB. Last night on my 10th attempt to breed an Aquatter, pairing my CU with an Aquatter and got a 50hr breed time. I bred the Sapphire Sphinx. I'm so very happy and tbh after so many fails, I'll can now sit back, grow food and stay calm. Good luck to all in the SB.

congrat ! :) my baby account just got pearl peryton. hopefully it was doing the chapter 8 (breed with chromadile) so if things are going as usuel , there will be no incidence for the end.
but if there is another breeding in chapter 10 i still can speed with few gems :)

jim23cash
05-05-17, 04:24 AM
I am so annoyed with mining during SB! I crashed 5 times after getting the 4th umbrella in the last chapter, and had to uninstall, reinstall and try again 6 times to finish! :mad: Arrgh! I even got to the next SB screen one time, asking me to plant mangos before it crashed, and I still had to mine again! :mad: I'm almost unable to expand if not for the rune 'bump' these events give me. I wish we could ask neighbors for expansion permits like in Dragon Story.
Please stop requiring mining during StoryBooks!

I don't like the auto start, either. I usually wait until the last day to start, so I can save up food. I guess this will force more people to buy food to finish. :( Requiring rare animals is also a pretty easy way to get people to spend more money if they want to complete the storybooks. :(
The hunger for more money will eventually drive me away, like it has with Castle Story, Bakery Story, and my other (former) S8 games. I'm someone who actually spends money on games, I just don't like to be forced.
Those still trying for Aquatter: I have better luck breeding two animals with the same elements and not using gems during these events. (Or at least one non gem animal). You don't get the chance for a gem creature, but it seems to me that I get the one I want quicker. Good luck to those still trying! :) Annie

Clark_Wayne
05-05-17, 06:30 AM
All chapters complete ;)

poofyena
05-05-17, 08:26 AM
So I got the Aquatter on the 8th try, bred and fed my Racmoon. Only to realise that my Rainguin has vanished from my forest?! I know I didn't sell it as it was one of my fully evolved animals and I never sell them even if they're common, I only saw it flying around last week. So first attempt to breed and it's a rockodile. I really do not think I will be able to finish this SB now, if i get lucky on the next breeding and get Rainguin it still wont be hatched and evolved until sometime tomorrow...thats a lot of catch up even with 2 baby firefoxs to feed.
Oh this SB is a nightmare!

comeseecomesah
05-05-17, 10:55 AM
All chapters complete ;)

Thanks Clark for all your posts and tips.
Just completed event and my 2 forests (high lvl) required only 6 rain jars in chapter 10...last act, not 8 jars as in post 1.

Clark_Wayne
05-05-17, 11:15 AM
Thanks Clark for all your posts and tips.
Just completed event and my 2 forests (high lvl) required only 6 rain jars in chapter 10...last act, not 8 jars as in post 1.

yes :) thx !
i must be looking somewhere else when i was entering the number LOL

BBHome20
05-05-17, 12:14 PM
All chapters complete ;)

Congratulations!

diamonaydreamerd
05-05-17, 12:41 PM
LOL still trying to breed an aquatter. This is the first storybook in a long time I haven't been able to finish : (

luna2cute
05-05-17, 12:47 PM
LOL still trying to breed an aquatter. This is the first storybook in a long time I haven't been able to finish : (

Same here.

poofyena
05-05-17, 01:05 PM
Second attempt for rainguin is also rockodile. This game hates me.

Clark_Wayne
05-05-17, 01:56 PM
Congratulations!

not yet :) i only finished chapter 8
i just wanted to say to everyone that all chapters were complete in post #1 :)

BBHome20
05-05-17, 02:40 PM
not yet :) i only finished chapter 8
i just wanted to say to everyone that all chapters were complete in post #1 :)

Oops, thought you meant you were finished... lol I have finally completed the SB!

dragonwishsong
05-06-17, 12:26 AM
Got to chapter 9 only got one Firefox bit feeding 15 times no problem it's level 10

I take fluffingo off the evolution chamber and then go to next task feeding the Firefox and then the game just suddenly resets which it hasn't done in an event like this before
And I have to take the flufingo off the evolution chamber again and then it asks me to start feeding the firefoxe again and doesn't count what I just did

So now I am short 5 feeds and either have to give up finishing storybook or pay 65 gems.

So so not fair

Silverrain1
05-06-17, 01:15 AM
Got to chapter 9 only got one Firefox bit feeding 15 times no problem it's level 10

I take fluffingo off the evolution chamber and then go to next task feeding the Firefox and then the game just suddenly resets which it hasn't done in an event like this before
And I have to take the flufingo off the evolution chamber again and then it asks me to start feeding the firefoxe again and doesn't count what I just did

So now I am short 5 feeds and either have to give up finishing storybook or pay 65 gems.

So so not fair

Oh no. Try force closing your game then open it again. Sometimes that helps, but sometimes not. It's happened to me before to.
For me, this story book has been s nightmare start to finish

bellibee
05-06-17, 02:36 AM
Still no Aquatter for me. I must admit my heart sank when I saw we would have to breed one, it took me months of trying in my early days on FFS when it was one of the goals to achieve. There is no way I'm going to finish this storybook especially as the auto start caught me out and I was playing catchup too.

calicokittennope
05-06-17, 08:15 AM
I still cannot breed aquatter round after round a fail. I wish it would take into account what's already been bred in the past and still existing in the animal sanctuary.

1 day, 15h left to do all the chapters remaining plus still finish the aquatter task.

norylovescats
05-06-17, 01:34 PM
If you get 3 gems a day from friends, after 8 days you would have enough to skip the Aquatter task. That's what I did. But I agree, for rare animals, if you already have one, it should count.

Clark_Wayne
05-06-17, 03:19 PM
If you get 3 gems a day from friends, after 8 days you would have enough to skip the Aquatter task. That's what I did. But I agree, for rare animals, if you already have one, it should count.

but if it count if you already have one, then you won't spend your gems ;)
and the purpose of it is to make us spend our gems , otherwise you won't need to buy gems ;)
and s8 need you to buy gems , because they pay their staff this way ;)

Mrsveralorraine
05-06-17, 05:25 PM
Finally got the aquatter after 11 tries. Breeded aquatter and frostflang to get it. I refused to skip it. Look like racmoon is breeding now. I should be able to get fluffingo. That is all I really wanted anyway. This SB was truly a big struggle.

haku8cafe
05-07-17, 01:28 AM
ok maybe I am the only weird one in here but in fact the only hard challenge in this SB is pay 25gems or should I say breed aquatter....

I totally pay 25gems not a big deal but if you all really look at ALL of the challenge in this SB it is actually doable once you pay 25gems I seriously never even look at what is my next day or incoming SB I start on day 2 (day2 I am doing day1 quest) guys FYI

In fact I felt this is the EASIEST Sb I have ever done without the need to plan ahead of what to evolve/hatch/breed if I have 25gems but without 25gems this would be the hardest SB ever because I might be still breeding aquatter even now at day10 :p

spending 25gems gives you an ultra rare/super rare & rare.... well from a LB player who wants gold trophy I gladly spend 2x the amount 50gems just to get that UR (but it is not possible ever) but it all comes down to the point on how badly or you prefer to spend your free gems from neighbours or buying gems :)

Silverrain1
05-07-17, 06:01 AM
Noooooo! Game just crashed and I'm not in a position to re download just now! Sooooo annoyed!
The good news is is that by the time I can download again my farms should be ready, but my Firefox isn't in the evo flower yet so I'll not get the last feeds I need. I felt I had caught up pretty well and was doing well but now I'm not so sure I'll get to finish.
This is largely why I won't spend gems anymore, I can't guarantee game play and dnt wanna spend hard earned gems, no matter how little the cost (x amount of gems) i wld rather lose.

sparklegirly
05-07-17, 08:08 AM
I just need to wait 10 minutes for my Norse Horse to come out of the flower to finish the last step. I've never completed a storybook this early before and I wouldn't have been able to complete it without your help Clark_Wayne. Thank you for your service to all Fantasy Forest players! :D
I'm sorry that so many players are experiencing game crashing problems. This was the reason I was unable to play for 10 months before getting a new iPhone. I believe the game requires more processing than most cell phones or iPods can handle. I'm running low on expansions, only 10 more before I'm out, and I'm afraid adding more lands will only cause more crashing. I'm worried that Fantasy Forest will lose too many players because of this, but do not give up yet! There is still 16 hours left to complete this storybook! Make sure you have something in your evolution flower now so you do not have to watch the timer run out before your creature is done evolving!
Have a good day everyone 😘✨🐻

tuffyjkitten
05-07-17, 09:03 AM
Never got an Aquatter. Oh well!

transberry
05-07-17, 09:04 AM
Need 1 stupid bomb to complete already wasted 45 diamonds speeding things up to try to complete

Clark_Wayne
05-07-17, 10:44 AM
finished finally this SB :)

Silverrain1
05-07-17, 11:45 AM
finished finally this SB :)

Oh what a cute egg! Hope I get it but it's not looking promising. My Firefox evo still has 5 hours to go before I can finish feeding it. And my second account still dsnt have the aquatter.

Silverrain1
05-07-17, 12:46 PM
An other crash, there's no chance I'll catch up now.

Drachenia
05-07-17, 03:36 PM
An other crash, there's no chance I'll catch up now.

Oh no Silverrain I'm sorry you can not finish it :(

Drachenia
05-07-17, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone, I'm have finish it.

poofyena
05-07-17, 03:59 PM
My point is why should I keep spending gems on every event (as they're all getting to need gems) when my game is just getting more unplayable? For me the price of gems has gone up, my game crashes, animals vanish, tasks don't register. It isn't my device either. So no I'm not really willing to spend more gems. If the game was working properly i would happily pay more.

Anyway quit after the fluffingo, bred my rainguin 4 times and it wouldn't register. Then my iciclaw had vanished from the evo flower. So i just do not have time now. Happy with those two though.

luna2cute
05-07-17, 06:42 PM
Never got past breeding the aquatter.

Instead I got:

a chilly goat
2 seamurs
a skyeena
dozens of turtisles

they must have turned off the ability to get an aquatter because I got a super rare but never the rare aquatter.

First storybook I have not been able to complete

BiggerBubbles
05-07-17, 07:02 PM
As the storybook prepares to move over the horizon and the Fluffingo flies into the sunset never to grace my land, so sad about that....let's thank those responsible:

TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, CHILLY GOAT, SKYENA, TURSTILE, OCEAN OWL, SEAMUR, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, TURSTILE, SKYENA, TURSTILE, there may have been more that I forgot to record in the morning.

I have even set the timer to wake me up during the night. Some will ask why I didn't just gem it. Well after the aquatter there was the racmoon, then fire fox that I can remember. I figured I might need to gem them as well. I have 229 gems and I am saving them to hopefully get the only zodiac I missed out on. I even have the required animal ready, but it looks like if I am offered it, it will now be a tournament. Also I want to make sure I get all the birthstone ponies. Why do I not just buy more gems? I told my husband I wouldn't as our financial circumstances have changed.

So, as far as I am concerned it's just water under the bridge now, the only SB I have not finished as I am a lvl 200 original player. The ones that buy gems deserve to get through, the ones that post the steps ahead, so people like me can make decisions, I thank you. On the other hand I now have a lot of apples!

Yes, I know that I spelt Turtisle wrong, but I don't know how to do a global edit and the writing is so tiny, so they can stay like that!

supermaay
05-08-17, 07:38 AM
I always wonder if Storm8 plays the probability game against us when it really matters. The probability of breeding an Aquatter should not be this low. Examples above as well as examples we often came across may suggest that the probability of some acts has purposefully tuned own. It can be frustrating if you do not like to use gems to skip. Actually, it can be even more frustrating when you eventually got Aquatter but found yourself late to complete the SB. It's tantalizing to use more gems to speed up the game in the end as you getting so close. You can never win.

poofyena
05-08-17, 09:22 AM
I always wonder if Storm8 plays the probability game against us when it really matters. The probability of breeding an Aquatter should not be this low. Examples above as well as examples we often came across may suggest that the probability of some acts has purposefully tuned own. It can be frustrating if you do not like to use gems to skip. Actually, it can be even more frustrating when you eventually got Aquatter but found yourself late to complete the SB. It's tantalizing to use more gems to speed up the game in the end as you getting so close. You can never win.

I always wonder this since the first Birthstone Pony. The hatch a volcamel challenge took me nearly the entire 7 days to complete. Since this ended and I've been breeding for other fire/Rock combos I have easily hatched 7 or 8 of them in maybe 25 breedings. So it does seem like things get altered during a LB.
I've also never had such trouble trying for a Rainguin of all things! Several breedings until I managed to get one, i got two Rockodiles and an Iciclaw before the Rainguin.

BiggerBubbles
05-08-17, 04:50 PM

I obviously agree. It should not have been this difficult to breed the aquatter. I actually started trying to breed it on Day 2 as soon as the chromadile was moved into the nest. As this is the first SB I didn't complete I got a shock at the end to be offered to buy the bear for 2,200 gems, as if that was going to happen. The offer is still there on my screen, which is reminding me of my failure every time I log into the game.

kooky panda
05-09-17, 11:11 AM
https://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/sgraff55/Green%20and%20Pink%20Bubbles/clc-roundroundmyfeedback2.gif

Adding a new poll for feedback!
Please vote . You can choose more than one option.

Clark_Wayne
05-09-17, 11:56 AM
i voted "i did not like this event" because this is the 1st time i had to use gems to skip 1 act !

luna2cute
05-09-17, 12:20 PM
Did not like. Never could breed the aquatter or the racmoon. Did not have gems to skip so got only hoppour.

Frustrating being stuck one chapter for 7 days.

Silverrain1
05-09-17, 12:41 PM
I couldn't vote on either poll. Link not working

MauiLady7
05-09-17, 01:16 PM
i voted "i did not like this event" because this is the 1st time i had to use gems to skip 1 act !

I had to look what chapter one was! Must have been the mines that got you!

I CAN'T believe how many voted that they liked this event! Where are all the people who got stuck on Aquatter or racmoon? They must come to complain and never return. It was an okay event if you paid the gems right away to skip the aquatter. But a storybook has never required us to breed a RARE animal EVER let alone in ONE DAY before. We used to get a week for the zodiac signs, and half the time I ended up using gems just to breed one as the odds are all the luck of the draw. Just like going to Vegas. 50/50 chance you breed one. Also I did not like that the event started up right away!
If you had to work a job 12 days 4 days in a row, you had no choice in the days being picked, as the first 2 days are generally easier.

I hope others express their like or dislike in this thread now. Maybe we should have started a new thread so people know that there is a poll available and can express their opinion, even if it differs from mine.

Phoenix406
05-09-17, 01:26 PM
I liked this event about as well as any other Storybook event. The animals weren't my favorites of all time, but they are cute enough (except the Hoppour). I agree that it is very unfair to require the breeding of a rare animal. I am one of those fools who is easily parted from her money, so I just paid the gems to skip that task. I had just bred my first ever Aquatter the week before the event and didn't think I would have good luck getting another one, so I skipped right away and didn't even try. I have the Golden Unicorn, which I renew every month, and it makes gems about 1/2 price, which really helps. And I know that I am going to get 27 more gems from him every day for a month, plus the 3 I collect daily from gems, so skipping a task like that doesn't eat up too many of my monthly allotment of gems. And that is my 2 cents on this event!

BiggerBubbles
05-09-17, 02:49 PM
As MauiLady7 (neighbor of mine) said, where are all the people who had trouble with the aquatter? I only said yes to 2 things, I did not like the event and I liked the Fluffingo, never got it but liked it, put it on a spin wheel please, you never know I might fluke it.

There were at least 2 questions missing Kooky, Did you manage to BREED the aquatter? and Did you finish? That would be no and no.

GreytMom
05-09-17, 10:42 PM
I voted "did not like" mostly because of the Aquatter thing. There were already several animals that people needed to breed to complete steps and I think asking for a rare critter wasn't right. I was lucky with the other animals as I already had some to feed and/or bred them quickly. Pretty sure if I hadn't gem-skipped breeding the Aquatter I would not have finished.
My only other complaint is the auto start. I want to be able to work with my schedule when I'll have more time to keep up with a game. Sometimes playing all weekend works better for me, sometimes weekdays are better, depends on the week. Ya know, that whole work thing gets in the way sometimes.
Overall I liked the event and the Fluffingo and the Drizzly Bear is adorable, the frog is kind of creepy though.

Limequat
05-10-17, 07:39 AM
I like all of the animals for this event, but even though I finished, I still voted that I did not like this event. There were too many animals that needed to be bred and fed, and on top of that, one of them was a rare. I doubt I would have been able to finish if it hadn't been for Clark_Wayne and agrowculture posting the steps for us in advance (thanks guys!).

I also had some trouble breeding a Firefox. I wanted to breed an extra one to replace the one I had just finished feeding, and out of five breeding attempts, only one gave me a Firefox.

fwlzzzg
05-10-17, 08:33 AM
Where is the feedback supposed to be given? I couldn't vote for the last one eighter because I couldn't find where to awnser it 🤔

But anyway, didn't like the event but I don't like most storybooks anyway. The creatures weren't cute enough for me to even try but that's okay 😄

GreytMom
05-10-17, 10:14 AM
Where is the feedback supposed to be given? I couldn't vote for the last one eighter because I couldn't find where to awnser it 🤔

fwlzzzg, if you're using a tablet or phone for the forums you have to check the 'Request desktop site' box in your settings in order to see the voting poll.
Then I believe we are just supposed to leave our feedback in this thread. Mods, correct me if I'm wrong.

Silverrain1
05-10-17, 11:18 AM
My link still won't work but I didn't like the event. I never start on the first day and found the Siri start very unfair. Plus, the amount of breeding and feeding random animals is frustrating, especially if u struggle to get the animal or to get enough food. Then there's space for all these new animals, that u dnt want but have to keep for the event.

kooky panda
05-10-17, 12:28 PM
fwlzzzg, if you're using a tablet or phone for the forums you have to check the 'Request desktop site' box in your settings in order to see the voting poll.
Then I believe we are just supposed to leave our feedback in this thread. Mods, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, additional feedback comments can be left on the thread.

LauraGSJK
05-10-17, 08:19 PM
I did not like this event. First Storybook I've never finished. Also was not happy with the auto start. I had trouble breeding the Aquatter, but might have gem skipped if I wasn't worried I would have trouble breeding the other animals too. And trying to make room for so many animals wasn't an easy thing to do either. Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback. Sending everyone good wishes. :)

poofyena
05-11-17, 08:20 AM
This was the first storybook I have been unable to complete since I started playing and was a low level. The gem cost for me would have been to high really. First the auto start, then the Aquatter nonsense which even if I had skipped would have been useless considering my Firefox and Rainguin both vanished and it took me 4 or 5 tries to get another RAINGUIN!! Of all things. By the time I had a Rainguin I only had a day left so no hope of completing. I would have had to spend to many gems.
Anyway. The feeding tasks are a pain, I hate feeding the same common animals every SB just to sell them again. If it was feed any animal I could at least concentrate on feeding up the ones I want to keep. Which would keep me buying new animals on offer as I'd have space for them then. Which in the long run would mean I actually spend more gems.

So yes. Even if I had skipped Aquatter it took me to long to get Firefox and Rainguin to have made it worth using the gems. At least without the auto start we have a few days to prepare. I'm sorry, I will just never spend gems on a SB, I need them for the LB and gemstone ponies.

Phoenix406
05-11-17, 04:14 PM
Oh my gosh, I am such a dim bulb sometimes! It just struck me last night as I was trying to get to sleep that "Drizzly Bear" is a play on "grizzly bear." I mean, how dumb am I? I love word play and puns. I live in Montana and love grizzly bears. How did I not figure that out?

Sakrysta
05-11-17, 07:13 PM
^LOL. The puns sometimes take a while to sink in for me too. I had the same experience with the Ice Gator. I don't know how long it was before I realized it was a play on "ice skater." In fact, I don't think I realized it until I saw its battle animation. :D

EvieandIzzie
05-16-17, 07:51 PM
Like others on this thread I have disliked this SB.
I spent four days trying to hatch an Aquatter then gave up on the SB as there was absolutely no way I could finish. Very disappointed with the tasks but for me FFS is not a primary game for me, I generally keep it only to play with my daughter, so no big loss but SB are the only thing that kept me interested.

kooky panda
05-20-17, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the votes! Results have been shared with Storm 8!