PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Map "etiquette"

Phoenix406
04-27-17, 02:35 PM
I am wondering how often it is "okay" to ask neighbors for Mystic Maps. I am at the point where I need 32 maps per expansion, which is more than the number of neighbors I have. I would easily like to expand every couple days as I never have room, but I can't accumulate maps that quickly. Is it best to request a map only a couple times a week? Does it matter? I know that all the person has to do is press "accept," but I don't want to make anyone mad by requesting too often.

Clark_Wayne
04-27-17, 02:51 PM
you can have lots of neighbors but you can only receive 20 maps per day.
but i advice you to request as many maps as you can : once you reached 20 maps, the server will keep your other requests for the neighbors who could not approve your request.
32 maps it is 2 days requests if all your neighbors are active ;)
that's nothing compared to when you have to request 60 maps for each expansion ;)
so if you can have arctic isles , go there and start some expansion : because when you have to wait the end of your expansion, you can ask maps from arctic isles ;)
that's how i never stopped my expansion : i started a new one once i stopped the previous one ;)

Phoenix406
04-27-17, 03:35 PM
@Clark_Wayne Thank you for the help! I hate to bother people, but I'm just going to start requesting every couple days then.

harobeda
04-27-17, 03:52 PM
I request every day (when I remember anyways). I'm currently just expanding on my secondary accounts since I'm fully expanded on my main one. It's never bothered me to answer map requests - if a neighbor is that bothered they can take me off their list of neighbors.

I would make sure that all your neighbors are active players- that could explain why it takes a while to expand... if only 16 are active it'll take much longer to get the desired number.

Limequat
04-27-17, 06:27 PM
I personally don't care if people send me map requests everyday. It doesn't cost me anything to accept a map request, and it only takes me a fraction of a second to do so. Most people are the same, but occasionally, you'll come across people who aren't. Some people (mostly new players) decline map requests because they don't understand how item requests work - they think that the map will come out of their own inventory. Others take the social aspect of the game very seriously and decline requests from neighbors who don't visit and chat and post jokes/quotes/emojis on their wall. However, you don't need to worry about these people. They'll eventually delete you from their list when they get sick of pressing decline and keeping tabs on who's visiting and who isn't. :p

DragonThruTime
04-27-17, 06:36 PM
I don't mind people sending me requests daily either. It's all part of the game and only takes a split second to click on the accept button.

PeppiVille
04-27-17, 06:44 PM
It amazes me when folks actually post "I sent you a map". I don't even notice who sent the request. I accept them all and clear the list quickly every time I log on. Everyone needs them. Maps are a pest to gather. I feel it's best to send requests every day you can.

DR0G0N
04-27-17, 07:35 PM
Like everyone here, I think it's ok to send requests everyday. In fact it's actually a good thing since people know you're still active and it takes time to collect all your maps along with 2 days expansion. As for me. It doesn't bother me a single bit when I get requests for maps or any other materials. I help you and you help me kinda thing, nor do I really notice who's sending me requests since I just accept them all in one go. I'm sure majority of the players here are like that. So don't worry to much and have fun since this is a game. ;]

PinkBubbles75
04-27-17, 08:04 PM
I don't mind getting map requests every day, it's not a problem to hit the accept button. I don't send map requests out all the time but I probably should every other day or so - I need 60-some maps for expanding so probably every few days. There should be something like a "send requests to all" button. I have over 200 neighbors & having to select them all 1 by 1 is a bit tedious. I'm sure others would like this too lol

Hartoled
04-27-17, 09:40 PM
I visit every person that I get a map request from. You know they are active, and, almost every time, you find six dragons to play with. It's part of my daily routine and it's nice to watch their progress.

I also visit every person that sends me a map...usually a couple of times, before they scroll off my News page. I think that if the game prompts you to do something, it tries to give you a satisfactory result when you follow through.

Usually, about 30 visits a day keeps me topped up to 4 Social eggs, by the end of the day.

I have had an irate Caretaker tell me to stop visiting them, because he seemed to think it was costing him something. I'm not sure about whether it does or not, but, needless to say, he wasn't a neighbor of mine.

I never really got the need that some people have to tell you how many dragons they played with. I always thought there were better uses for the Wall. If somebody puts up a name, asking for Neighbors, I leave that up on my Wall as long as it will stay there.

amerirish
04-28-17, 05:40 AM
Amen to not minding daily requests. That's what neighbors are for so if anyone gets annoyed, they shouldn't be playing IMHO. It doesn't cost us anything so what's the issue? Personally, I get tons of requests per day because I have many neighbors and it makes me happy to accept them. We have all needed items at one time or another and continue to with different events.

One thing to be cautious about though, if you know you have a task in an event coming up that requires you to ask neighbors for a certain item, you might want to skip requesting maps the day before and the day of. Requests can get "clogged" in the system and it might prevent you from finishing a chapter of an event. I learned this the hard way :mad:

Hartoled
04-28-17, 05:58 PM
One thing to be cautious about though, if you know you have a task in an event coming up that requires you to ask neighbors for a certain item, you might want to skip requesting maps the day before and the day of. Requests can get "clogged" in the system and it might prevent you from finishing a chapter of an event. I learned this the hard way :mad:

Yes, I tend to give about 3 days for the requests to clear out before I expect an event task to require gifts. I also suspend requests, occasionally, when I want my Questing dragon to finish with a part that I need. It seems like, if I have gotten too many maps, that day, I can never hope to get the item I seek.

Phoenix406
05-04-17, 03:36 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your input and advice! :)