PDA

View Full Version : Annoying pop ups

Galadraal
04-22-17, 12:06 PM
Is there ANY way to turn off the useless and annoying pop up notifications that ask me to go to a game I haven't played since they stopped giving gems for it. They also says a game "misses" me that I am consistently playing.

kooky panda
04-22-17, 02:00 PM
I am sorry but a turn off feature for in the in game pop ups is not available.

GreytMom
04-22-17, 06:21 PM
They also says a game "misses" me that I am consistently playing.

If you haven't already, be sure to turn off notifications in your app settings. It should at least stop the games from missing you. I play on multiple devices and sometimes forget to turn them off on my iPod. It's no fun for an insomniac when your tablet blings you in the middle of the night to remind you to play a game.

JustKay
04-26-17, 08:02 PM
I just got one of these banners with an image of an incognito dragon from dragon story on it. The banner says "new dragons to breed" or something in that vein. This dragon isn't currently available to breed or buy right now. This is misleading advertising, surely there's some app ecosystem rule against this? I understand why they would do this since the incognito dragon is similar in design to the current LB prize bawny bear, so they're trying to attract people who might be interested in that type of cuteness design. It just doesn't seem right though, since people who do check would be disappointed.

JustKay
04-26-17, 08:03 PM
If you haven't already, be sure to turn off notifications in your app settings. It should at least stop the games from missing you. I play on multiple devices and sometimes forget to turn them off on my iPod. It's no fun for an insomniac when your tablet blings you in the middle of the night to remind you to play a game.

Its sort of sad to know that they've abused the notification system so much people just turn it off. It's supposed to be a useful feature. They don't need you to be logging in every hour. That's not going to make u want to spend more gems.

julesh11
04-27-17, 10:54 AM
Why the sudden Pop-Ups? So annoying! I've spent a lot of money on this game and really don't think I should be getting Pop-Ups regarding other games multiple times every day

Eluzyion
04-27-17, 01:42 PM
I got up a popup game ad while battling in the tournament! So uncool...

Clark_Wayne
04-27-17, 02:55 PM
I got up a popup game ad while battling in the tournament! So uncool...
yes completly silly !

Silverrain1
04-28-17, 11:43 AM
The pop ups need to stop. Every pop up causes my game to crash then it's delete and reinstall. So far FOUR times today

Eluzyion
04-28-17, 12:45 PM
The pop ups need to stop. Every pop up causes my game to crash then it's delete and reinstall. So far FOUR times today

With the game so unstable for so many people I'm surprised they did this, of course it knocking out people that are barely able to play as it is! I hate getting "your dragons miss you" for DS while I'm trying to play FFS and it causes a crash or a failed battle.. Makes me want to uninstall DS, I have it, if I wanted to play I know where it is.. I don't need it force fed to me ugh

I do usually delete all games that ads interrupt or bother me, it screams desperation when there is already a spot to find games manually when you want to get them, I've gotten a few that way, but deleting all that slam a game I'm playing..

Eluzyion
04-28-17, 01:37 PM
Now castle story interrupted my tournament and caused me to die in two hits.. Delete CS! Another game bites the dust..

Silverrain1
04-28-17, 02:12 PM
I tend to get them as soon as I open the game so the whole thing shuts down. Sometimes during mining and battles which causes the same problem. So frustrating! I'm not gonna download more games when I can barely access the one I have!

GreytMom
04-28-17, 02:49 PM
Strange that I've only gotten one pop-up since everyone else started getting them and it was for DS which I don't have installed anymore on any of them. I play on three devices (Android phone, Android Nexus 10 tablet, and iPod) and am very active and try to log on every hour to harvest food. Weird.
Now I probably jinxed myself though.

julesh11
05-06-17, 11:32 AM
I am also VERY annoyed with these pop-ups. Storm 8.... please STOP the pop-ups

DirkDragon
05-07-17, 12:25 AM
I get them for Sugar Swap several times a day, even though it's not available in the UK.

julesh11
05-08-17, 10:33 AM
Get rid of the pop-ups that occur now every time you open the App. The pop-up suggests another game I have played in the past. If I wanted to play the suggested game I would. Don't need an annoying reminder trying to get me to play a game and possibly spend MORE money for Storm8 games.

Destiel0918
05-26-17, 04:38 PM
Ironically the pop ups are only convincing me to play LESS and LEss. If I'd be interested - I would have downloaded it during first 2 days....showing me timer over 150 days.... - it only makes people mad and if anything- they are LESS likely to download new ones and more likely to grow to hate the current ones.

Clark_Wayne
05-26-17, 05:11 PM
Ironically the pop ups are only convincing me to play LESS and LEss. If I'd be interested - I would have downloaded it during first 2 days....showing me timer over 150 days.... - it only makes people mad and if anything- they are LESS likely to download new ones and more likely to grow to hate the current ones.

exactly my thought :) having this pop-up during 150 days just made me HATE the game, absolutely not attract me even if they offer golds/gems.
besides with all the other pop-up , this made games crash more often than ever ! non-sense if you want people play your game

Phoenix406
06-06-17, 12:42 PM
People have been frustrated with S8 pop-ups for years. Nobody at S8 cares.

I know what other games S8 offers; I don't need a reminder every. single. time. I log in to one game or another. Actually, I don't need a reminder at all, but even just once a week would be ok.

Once I've gifted my gems/gold for the day, I don't need the game to tell me every. single. time. I log in that I have received gifts. I can't return them until tomorrow.

I do, however, have notifications turned on so that I know when breeding is done, incubation is done, and even when crops are ready. When a tournament is going on, I grow Charm Cherries for an hour, get a reminder that they are ready to harvest, and then I get a reminder every hour to harvest my Charm Cherries and battle in the tournament.

epinederose
06-06-17, 10:05 PM
I have so much problems to get into the game. Trying maybe 20 or 30 times before I can get into it. It crashes all the time.
This can last an hour before I can get in.....

A few minutes ago, i completed the mining with 80 runes, and it asked me to ENLARGE
So I tried to enlarge, but the game crashed down again
I lost my realms, and it is saying 78 realms left...... this is the 4th time it does this to me
I am sick of those problems !
and I ve been trying to go back to the game, but no way, since 15 minutes it wont open

Please S8 make something to stop these crashes, fix that thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I must say is that when it happens to me, and I loose 15 gems, S8 always give me the gems bak after controlling my game.

I want to play easily as it was a few months ago.... I spent so many gems on this game, I just like it.....
but, S8, stop the anoying problems please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy me.....

epinederose
06-06-17, 10:12 PM
Okay, I just got into the game again, after trying 12 times...... I have not lost my 2 realm runes, i am with 78 runes and I can mine
So I mined, and got my 80 realm runes..... and now I am expanding... this is the first time I got the runes back..
thanks whoever .... Now I have to go to work.........

Marg1780
06-20-17, 12:35 PM
I hate getting "your dragons miss you" for DS while I'm trying to play FFS and it causes a crash or a failed battle.. Makes me want to uninstall DS, I have it, if I wanted to play I know where it is.. I don't need it force fed to me ugh

Even deleting the other game doesn't help. I get &*(*& useless pop-ups all the time for games that I tried (back when they gave out gems for that), hated and deleted months or years ago because I didn't want them.

And tell me, how much sense does it make - the first thing that happens when you enter an S8 game is that they try their best to coerce or trick you into LEAVING it again. Immediately.

Hmm, maybe we should all take the hint and just go away? Do you suppose that would make them happy?

rembetiko
11-02-17, 04:12 AM
Ok, I really liked this game but I can?t stand it any more. Whenever I open the app I get lots of pop-ups about new dragons to build, stuff to buy and so on. Last time, when I had closed 6 pop-ups and the 7th appeared, I closed the app again and deleted this game. For goodness sake, I open the app to play a game, not to click away pop-ups!

It is so annoying! It would be more customer friendly to limit the pop-ups to maybe 3 at a time - we have the list of to-do-quests anyway, no need for pop-ups. The developers should not test the patience of their customers.

Destiel0918
11-02-17, 09:59 AM
Ok, I really liked this game but I can?t stand it any more. Whenever I open the app I get lots of pop-ups about new dragons to build, stuff to buy and so on. Last time, when I had closed 6 pop-ups and the 7th appeared, I closed the app again and deleted this game. For goodness sake, I open the app to play a game, not to click away pop-ups!

It is so annoying! It would be more customer friendly to limit the pop-ups to maybe 3 at a time - we have the list of to-do-quests anyway, no need for pop-ups. The developers should not test the patience of their customers.

I agree! And some of those pop ups have like 150 days timers! Which makes it PURE nightmare. If anything it makes me motivated to DOWNLOAD THOSE APS ONLY TO LEAVE WORST REVIEW POSSIBLE AND THEN DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY.

freesiawoods
11-06-17, 07:51 AM
Agree completely. So terribly annoying. Especially those that need you to click Get started, then wait. There must be a better way, like a news tab or a single consolidated news popup.

MystiqueRealm
11-06-17, 07:53 AM
Agree completely. So terribly annoying. Especially those that need you to click Get started, then wait. There must be a better way, like a news tab or a single consolidated news popup.

They have these games in the goal tab they don't need popups that mess up battles or gameplay

KadeeDid
11-06-17, 08:44 AM
I gave up on FFS last Christmas. The frustration was too much. I find I am playing Castle Story and Dragon Story less too as the pop ups seem to have increased there. It impacts on game play.