good luck to all who are doing it ;)

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36553

milestones prizes :
50 milestones : random reward
400 milestones : deco
800 milestones : random reward
1200 milestones : habitat 36574
1700 milestones : random reward
2200 milestones : hatchling (from an old storybook)
2800 milestones : random reward
3500 milestones : grumpy gorilla (dec 2015 tourney prize)
4200 milestones : random reward
5000 milestones : mammoth trump (sep 2016 tourney prize)
5800 milestones : Phoney pony (Super Rare, Dark Earth, hatching 15h, evolving 17h) new animal

Leaderboard grand prize : Brawny bear (UltraRare, Earth Fire, hatching ?h, evolving ?h) new animal

I managed to take a screen shot of the pop up!
https://picoolio.net/images/2017/04/19/IMG_2155f20c3.png

DirkDragon
04-18-17, 12:39 PM
One hour in and the board leader has 6400 and rising on a booster. I've got 34 from a spin. Good job l'm happy just to get the milestones.

stellasfairyland
04-18-17, 12:58 PM
Not very fond of any of the animals listed. 😳
Glad to sit out on this one. Will be content if I can get some runes. First spin 10000 coins 😤

Silverrain1
04-18-17, 01:00 PM
It wld b great if there was a quick and easy way to check what animals I have. I have them all but I don't no about the gorilla and I really dnt wanna have to check my entire forest!
Well both accounts currently hold first place but let's see how long that lasts! To b honest, I thought I would have more points after the amount of food I used. Hopefully I just can't count and iv not lost them somewhere

sparklegirly
04-18-17, 01:23 PM
I don't really understand the theme of this event. It seems more appropriate for April Fools Day than after Easter, but good luck to everyone trying their best! I'm going to save my food for the next storybook. My first mystery chest was 5 realm runes which was just what I needed to expand again! Yay!

Sakrysta
04-18-17, 01:32 PM
It wld b great if there was a quick and easy way to check what animals I have. I have them all but I don't no about the gorilla and I really dnt wanna have to check my entire forest! I usually check the album if I can't remember. It's not completely logical in its organization, but if you know the elements of the animal you're looking for, it isn't too hard to find where the animal should be if you have it. Grumpy Gorilla is dark/nature, so check near the bottom of the album among your dark animals. :-)

Limequat
04-18-17, 01:44 PM
No one on my board is doing much beyond normal play so far, yet my first spin on the wheel gave me 97 points. I don't normally get this many points from the wheel if someone isn't way ahead of the rest of the pack. I wonder if this is a sign that there are a lot of big spenders in my group and that things will really pick up the pace later on? Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised because one of the people in my group is 40 levels below me but has twice as much land expanded. I do quite a bit of speed breeding myself and thus have more land expanded than most people my level, so this person must be spending a lot of gems to get those bombs. :eek:

Silverrain1
04-18-17, 01:54 PM
I usually check the album if I can't remember. It's not completely logical in its organization, but if you know the elements of the animal you're looking for, it isn't too hard to find where the animal should be if you have it. Grumpy Gorilla is dark/nature, so check near the bottom of the album among your dark animals. :-)

Thanks! I like it wen animals come back and they go on sale cos the sale sign goes in the album so that really narrows it down! Lol. I always appreciate animals coming back that I don't have. Super exciting! There's still quite a lot of old ones I'm missing so I'm always hoping for returns! Now how amazing would a treasure animal b to won! Hint hint for the next leaderboard!

poofyena
04-18-17, 02:07 PM
Really glad i dont like or want any of these leaderboard animals. I can sit and collect food and relax. Seems an odd theme for easter.

Good luck to those who are going for the prizes!

Phoenix406
04-18-17, 02:17 PM
Really glad i dont like or want any of these leaderboard animals. I can sit and collect food and relax. Seems an odd theme for easter.

Good luck to those who are going for the prizes!I think the theme is April Fool's Day.

Clark_Wayne
04-18-17, 02:20 PM
i have all of them except the last and the grand prize ;) the only 2 new
not fan of the design of the last prize but the grand prize is cute . remind me the dragon "incognito" in dragon story ;)

AppieP
04-18-17, 02:36 PM
I'm always exited to see what's new in the milestone. Always like another habitat. Thanks for that S8.👍
Is it wise to say I keep the habitat in storage for the moment will come I reach the max, and then put it out of my storage?
And I like the first 2 animals in the milestone. Don't have them. I'm glad if I can make it to there.

Lisa0107
04-18-17, 03:49 PM
I don't like the 2 new animals for this leaderboard but I am beyond thrilled the hatching is a milestone. I have always loved him but I started playing after he was in the game. He's my goal! !☺

Phoenix406
04-18-17, 04:02 PM
I'm so pleased that a new event started today. :) I'm home sick, so I had time to work on my game. I bought a small boost and then spent an hour going through my album and deciding which animals I wanted to feed up for evolving. I spent every bit of food I had, so I'm currently way ahead of the pack, by now I have no more food st all. :O I don't recognize anyone in my group. I visited one and saw she is level 199, so I'm definitely in with some high level players. I'm around level 75. I really want to spin for some runes. I want 3 new habitats. I got used to the game offering a pack with runes the first week of every month, but that didn't happen this month. :(

adrianalima4
04-18-17, 04:23 PM
I love the hatchling and grumpy gorilla! These have been two animals I have wanted for so long!! And I also love the habitat and have wanted it for a while too! So happy with this leaderboard!

NannaSherry
04-18-17, 04:36 PM
What level does a player have to be at to be eligible to play on the leader board? Thanks.

JustKay
04-18-17, 06:08 PM
Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised because one of the people in my group is 40 levels below me but has twice as much land expanded. I do quite a bit of speed breeding myself and thus have more land expanded than most people my level, so this person must be spending a lot of gems to get those bombs. :eek:

I think you're just lucky. Lots of land expanded is just a sign that that person has been a long time casual player. They breed but do nothing much else like feed or raise. They've probably been trying for a diamond type for ages and so managed to expand out but not level up much. They're not the one to worry about I think. The ones to worry about are the packed islands with higher levels, those guys have been gemming their way up through the levels without the same length of time breeding to expand much beyond what they need.

JustKay
04-18-17, 06:12 PM
Did anyone get a warning banner that this leader board was coming? They kinda really surprised me today, even had my evolution temple empty. I guess that fits in the with the April Fools theme. Maybe they will reset the leader board later and go "hahaha, gotcha" :rolleyes:

I guess the banners are really a waste of effort since they're single use. I probably need to be more on my toes for when the next ones are likely to start in future.

Clark_Wayne
04-18-17, 06:27 PM
Did anyone get a warning banner that this leader board was coming? They kinda really surprised me today, even had my evolution temple empty. I guess that fits in the with the April Fools theme. Maybe they will reset the leader board later and go "hahaha, gotcha" :rolleyes:

I guess the banners are really a waste of effort since they're single use. I probably need to be more on my toes for when the next ones are likely to start in future.

i had no warning so when i logged i was surprised ;)
btw april fool theme isn't a little bit late ? LOL

sparklegirly
04-18-17, 07:42 PM
I just spun 41 LB points and then lost them because the game reloaded to the news screen ☹️ So frustrating 

https://picoolio.net/images/2017/04/19/IMG_2155f20c3.png

JustKay
04-18-17, 10:15 PM
I just spun 41 LB points and then lost them because the game reloaded to the news screen ☹️ So frustrating 

Lol, not quite this banner. I was talking about the banners that tell you the event will start the next day at 10:30. Those used to let me put some long hour animals into the evolution chamber. Once I see the start banner, it's a bit too late to squeeze out every last point :)

I'm not liking the resets either. I put some eggs onto my nests earlier and three hours later they are empty... so missed out on a few points. Hopefully am not in a serious enough group that those points won't matter.

Silverrain1
04-18-17, 10:53 PM
Woke up this morning and I'm still first which is really surprising. Will keep playing and see how it goes. I haven't really looked to closely at the people who I'm in a group with so will check that out. See if there's any familiar faces.

DirkDragon
04-19-17, 12:03 AM

The last time l set myself up for a leader board it didn't happen as S8 were "adjusting". I was expecting one yesterday but did nothing in case there was another delay. I prefer to get that warning.

stellasfairyland
04-19-17, 12:34 AM
I think it's 14 cause my lowbie 14 got it

stellasfairyland
04-19-17, 12:34 AM
What level does a player have to be at to be eligible to play on the leader board? Thanks.

My level 14 got it

deadpixel
04-19-17, 01:06 AM
Is today Day One of this Leader board event? Then I believe that I can sit back and let the two "champs" in my current group go at each other:

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36556

AppieP
04-19-17, 01:41 AM
Is today Day One of this Leader board event? Then I believe that I can sit back and let the two "champs" in my current group go at each other
I should sit back and relax if I were you 🙄
16 and 12K wow. I'm 4500 behind number 1 and I'm not even trying to get it. 😂

Azriemw3
04-19-17, 06:01 AM
love this!

Clark_Wayne
04-19-17, 07:47 AM
could someone give me the new animals name ?
so i could put it on post#1 ;)

seraconan
04-19-17, 08:20 AM
could someone give me the new animals name ?
so i could put it on post#1 ;)

last milestone - Phoney Pony
winner prize - Brawny Bear

GreytMom
04-19-17, 08:24 AM
Is today Day One of this Leader board event? Then I believe that I can sit back and let the two "champs" in my current group go at each other:

Wowza. You sure you don't wanna go for it? You could max out a credit card and sneak up from behind (wink wink).
Over half of my group are 50-75 levels above me (seriously?) but don't appear to be big gem spenders. I always aim for third place for the runes, but I'm back to building my food so might miss it this one.

Best of luck to everyone!

GreytMom
04-19-17, 08:29 AM
Did anyone get a warning banner that this leader board was coming? They kinda really surprised me today, even had my evolution temple empty.

No warning for me. I had an empty nest and an empty evolution temple, too, with a CU all prepped to level up.

Clark_Wayne
04-19-17, 09:23 AM
last milestone - Phoney Pony
winner prize - Brawny Bear

thx a lot :)

Silverrain1
04-19-17, 02:17 PM
Both accounts fell into second place.
Main account is still there.
Second account - an evolution finished so I took it out. Which put me in first, a whole one point in front of the person who was in first. Safe to say. That one point won't keep me in first place for long!

JustKay
04-19-17, 05:35 PM
It seems like I am lucky enough to be in an ok group. A lot of winners of trophies for the Yin Yang LB, but nobody is doing anything overly crazy... yet.... Am still the one with the most trophies by a large margin. Am still the only one with Gem Producing Animals. Given I can also earn several thousand points in a few minutes with my current food stocks, am not too worried. Given this trophy is the last one for me to get a 10 win streak, I think I would dump all food and a handful of gems to get it.

I visited a few top rank players and played with their dragons so they know I'm sussing them out, and they might check my island out too... already had one player sort of throw in the towel... they sent me an neighbor invite request so I know they visited, realised what they're up against and don't want to ever end up in the same LB group with me again :rolleyes:

There is one player who is definitely feeding to get ahead, but by their island they look like a newbie player so looks like a newbie mistake. They're leading by about 300 points. Anyhow thanks to them I got ~190 points from a wheel spin :D ... will sit back in rank~4-5 and watch them run their food stocks down.

Phoenix406
04-19-17, 09:25 PM
I just visited every person in my LB and found out that they are *all* higher levels than I am. One is only one level higher, but everyone else is much higher. Does that mean anything? Like I've done well for the level I'm at or something? It was interesting to me to see how many of them haven't expanded to the Hareon and the Solar Bear yet. That was one of the first things I did.

JustKay
04-19-17, 10:04 PM
I just visited every person in my LB and found out that they are *all* higher levels than I am. One is only one level higher, but everyone else is much higher. Does that mean anything? Like I've done well for the level I'm at or something? It was interesting to me to see how many of them haven't expanded to the Hareon and the Solar Bear yet. That was one of the first things I did.

If you won a the previous LB, the game will lump you with other winners of that LB. Just about everyone in my top 10 has a gold or silver trophy from Yin Yang. Some have several gold & silver & bronze trophies from past LBs. So yes, if you have been doing well, expect the LB to be more challenging.

The extra bad news is that if you have higher level players that have not expanded far, then it means they may have been gem-ing their way to accumulate higher XP and get specific animals/goals, while only spending enough gems to expand to fit their animals. They also probably haven't been playing long enough to have worked out the most efficient sequence to mining multiple runes from one bomb. It could get ugly at the end when people start to unload gems. The opposite is true; if you see players who have expanded to all the hidden animals, but are a low level, then it means they're very casual players who won't really play seriously and probably accumulated runes from events and spin wheels over a very long time.

Caveat being me; I was a long time casual player until LBs started, so I managed to expand out all the way to the (Poppy?) Pony. I even got there early by using runes won from events to beat the 70 rune limit for my level at the time. My forest has straight lines bulldozed through it going directly to all the hidden animal squares.

JustKay
04-20-17, 12:45 AM
musta jinxed it. someone just used a 1.5x boost to earn about 1000 points more than me, leading now by 700 points. looks like someone wants to stake their claim... the brinksmanship game begins. that does sort of tell me they're not willing to spend much in gems though, however they have broken the seal on using boosts so others may start following suit. fine by me, that means more points for me from the wheel.

strange thing is they have only 4 large farms, 2 small ones so their ability to continue to build on that lead with more food is impaired :confused: no second nest means i'll eat into that lead progressively with just normal play ... they pretty much dumped all their food on a 1.5x boost... it's pretty much an act of desperation at this point.

EDIT: whooo, just got a neighbor invite from the current group leader :confused: maybe they're prepared to accept second if they can discourage any other challengers.

AppieP
04-20-17, 03:21 AM
Just made it to the Hatchling within 2 days. Normal more than enough for the top 3, for a normal group. But im placed 9. A tough group I'm sitting in. Was hoping for at least place 6 for the realm runes. But im afraid I can't make it through there, without spending gems.

Limequat
04-20-17, 05:42 AM
I think you're just lucky. Lots of land expanded is just a sign that that person has been a long time casual player. They breed but do nothing much else like feed or raise. They've probably been trying for a diamond type for ages and so managed to expand out but not level up much. They're not the one to worry about I think. The ones to worry about are the packed islands with higher levels, those guys have been gemming their way up through the levels without the same length of time breeding to expand much beyond what they need.

I took another really careful look at this person's forest because I'm intrigued by how much they've expanded. I've only seen a few very high level people with that much land, but never anyone below 100. Their forest is jam packed with habitats too, mostly premium ones with four animals. After looking over every square of their forest, I believe I've figured out why their level is low relative to the amount of stuff they have. They only have two grand farms and four small farms, so they must be losing out on the XP you gain from planting expensive crops.

Phoenix406
04-20-17, 08:47 AM
@JustKay Thank you for the info.

On another note, I got a neighbor request from a high level player a few days ago. When I visited her forest, I found out she is a decorator. She has very few animals, but lots of decos. It was nice to see a unique forest, but my forest is all about the animals. To each their own.

Sakrysta
04-20-17, 12:10 PM
I've been in the top two of the last few leaderboards, but I don't display my trophies. If you are really diligent you can find my prize animals in habitats, but I try not to broadcast too loudly that I try to win. 😉 This time I am playing two forests for the first time, as I recently "resurrected" my original account that I had abandoned on my old phone. I see lots of prior winners in both my groups, but so far, I haven't seen anyone boosting or doing anything crazy.

The new animals this go-round are ... odd. Not really to my taste, but I'm doing all the normal things to earn points. If it comes to the end and that top animal is reasonably reachable, I might still try for it. Much more interested in the milestones though. One account needs Grumpy Gorilla, and the other needs them all. And always glad for another habitat that can be stored and used when needed!

Oh, and I habitually send friend invites to my fellow players just for fun. Almost every time I get a new gem buddy. 😁

Silverrain1
04-20-17, 01:49 PM
Main account is still in second place and first place has started using boosts. Not too fussed, will keep playing and see where I end up. I sometimes visit the people I'm grouped with and send invites to. Just depends if the game lets me visit. Iv been crashing a lot the last few days.

JustKay
04-20-17, 04:19 PM
I took another really careful look at this person's forest because I'm intrigued by how much they've expanded. I've only seen a few very high level people with that much land, but never anyone below 100. Their forest is jam packed with habitats too, mostly premium ones with four animals. After looking over every square of their forest, I believe I've figured out why their level is low relative to the amount of stuff they have. They only have two grand farms and four small farms, so they must be losing out on the XP you gain from planting expensive crops.

Yes, very smart analysis. If their forest is packed with habitats, they might have sold some large farms to make space for habitats and now they are slow at earning crops and XP. Lots of premium habitats is not a great sign as that means they must spend real money for gems >_< ... another thing I look for is whether they have the final animals from recent Storybooks. If they don't then they're more careful with their gems. Caveat being me again, I don't hatch much of the eggs I get into storage so you won't see them on my island :D

JustKay
04-20-17, 05:45 PM
I've been in the top two of the last few leaderboards, but I don't display my trophies. If you are really diligent you can find my prize animals in habitats, but I try not to broadcast too loudly that I try to win. ��

I know a few people do this, you can see some empty spaces where they might have had trophies on the central island. I usually pick them out by finding their prize animals prancing about. The current group I'm in is unusual in that almost all of them are displaying their trophies. Only one I think is keeping it a "secret". After the event, you can see them putting their trophies out again.

I thought about doing this early on when it was a pretty level playing field and I didn't really understand how the wheel worked. I could go fully stealth since only one of my LB prize animal is hatched. Now I think it makes more sense to hit them with the trophy line up front. To be fair, they have the option of not using up their resources in the current round chasing the last remaining top prize animal spot. Those that still think they have a shot and insist on trying will dump their food and gems early to try to stake their claim and discourage others for that last spot. This just helps me out as the wheel is more generous to me and I can slip-stream behind a few others for most of the round. Normally I won't make the top milestone prize without boosting a bit and I'd rather not waste gems and food when I can avoid it.

Clark_Wayne
04-20-17, 07:18 PM
I know a few people do this, you can see some empty spaces where they might have had trophies on the central island. I usually pick them out by finding their prize animals prancing about. The current group I'm in is unusual in that almost all of them are displaying their trophies. Only one I think is keeping it a "secret". After the event, you can see them putting their trophies out again.

I thought about doing this early on when it was a pretty level playing field and I didn't really understand how the wheel worked. I could go fully stealth since only one of my LB prize animal is hatched. Now I think it makes more sense to hit them with the trophy line up front. To be fair, they have the option of not using up their resources in the current round chasing the last remaining top prize animal spot. Those that still think they have a shot and insist on trying will dump their food and gems early to try to stake their claim and discourage others for that last spot. This just helps me out as the wheel is more generous to me and I can slip-stream behind a few others for most of the round. Normally I won't make the top milestone prize without boosting a bit and I'd rather not waste gems and food when I can avoid it.

remind me not to compet with you if we are in the same group someday LOL
(but i think that my baby account met in some very old leaderboard LOL )
but if someday we are in the same leaderboard, let's synchronize together to beat all the other players ;)

Sakrysta
04-21-17, 08:35 AM
I don't hide my trophies per se. I just have no use for decorations. I keep a few squares on the main island empty so that when we have a decoration that gives tokens, it's a little easier to tap without hitting something nearby. And eventually, I'll probably add another nest - that is, if I ever manage to have enough gems at a time when I don't need a special habitat. ;-)

seraconan
04-21-17, 08:45 AM
I don't hide my trophies per se. I just have no use for decorations. I keep a few squares on the main island empty so that when we have a decoration that gives tokens, it's a little easier to tap without hitting something nearby. And eventually, I'll probably add another nest - that is, if I ever manage to have enough gems at a time when I don't need a special habitat. ;-)

I am also the same
whenever i collect the gems for second nest i end up buying a special habitat
since this leaderboard prize doesn't interests me I'm hoping to get the second nest this time

Phoenix406
04-21-17, 09:27 AM
Does the wheel really work like that? I think that is pure speculation.

GreytMom
04-21-17, 04:20 PM
I'm thinking that the group I'm in doesn't play much even though they're high level. I'm in the lead with 2400 and second place is 1700. Strange.

themusicloverme
04-21-17, 08:13 PM
I am currently playing and changing between the 4th - 7th places, which is fine by me because the prizes would be 20k food (or something like that) which I need. I have used up all of my food, and now I am gonna relax because I don't want any of the new animals. I will only try to reach the milestones. oh well.

JustKay
04-22-17, 12:18 AM
I dont think I want to battle u either CW... but if u can keep up with me am happyto deal :)

S8 really caught me out this time... dont think ive ever been this behind, so maybe the wheel is not so reliable at a point. I might not make my 10th

Alideh
04-22-17, 06:13 AM

Good luck to those who are going for the prizes!

I agree with Phoenix406 it's a April fools theme.
They just probably released it a little later than they initially intended to.

Alideh
04-22-17, 06:18 AM
I'm sure glad it's not a theme I'm in love with since I have a lot less apples than I usually do when the leaderboards start, I am definitely not prepared to win and I also am not a fan of the Trump animal or the last one since monkeys creepy me out o.o so thankfully I'm aiming for the grinch or possibly the last mystery treasure box and then will stop evolving and hatching an extra 1 element egg. I know there a bunch of people who do want the top prize (the baby form is cute :3) since the people in my group have really put in an effort to get up there, I went all the way down to 17 o.o and then surprisingly after a few spins I ended up in rank 5 :o I'm sure I'll end up in rank 20 or at least 15 since I'm no even trying and I see others who are.
Good luck to everyone who is aiming for the 1st or 2nd spot!
I'm saving this time to focus on saving up more apples :D and focusing on that tournament <3

Phoenix406
04-23-17, 11:16 AM
There is absolutely something fishy about the spinning wheel. There are 8 options, so each one should statistically come up 1 in 8 times, or 12.5%. I get the chest that has 25 points 80% of the time. I haven't spun for runes *once*. I'm getting really peeved about this, frankly. 25 points at a time isn't enough to advance up the leaderboard, and, actually I want runes. What gives on the spinning wheel, Storm 8 staff?

Silverrain1
04-23-17, 11:44 AM
I have been spinning coins and some points but not many points at a time. Don't think it's fair that the higher your score the lower amount of points you get.
But hey ho, I'm still second in both accounts

gramland
04-23-17, 12:04 PM
I agree with you Silverrain1 same here. Also if fed one of my Ultra Rares 12,000 in food last night and only receive a few points. And I had a 1.5 boost!. If this keeps up I might just not try anymore for the LB prize.

Silverrain1
04-23-17, 12:26 PM
I agree with you Silverrain1 same here. Also if fed one of my Ultra Rares 12,000 in food last night and only receive a few points. And I had a 1.5 boost!. If this keeps up I might just not try anymore for the LB prize.

That's what I'm thinking to. Why bother trying to get ahead when it has such a negative impact. Like your being penalised for spending your hard earned food etc.

HutterGal
04-23-17, 04:49 PM
I thought we are suppose to receive 1 point per 200 food we feed? I used 14,000 food & only received 6 points. My calculations it should have been 70. I don't understand how people climb the leader board so fast. I'm doing the wheel I am breeding evolving hatching & I even bought the 60 point horse & im getting no where fast😤can someone please give me some pointers

JustKay
04-23-17, 06:36 PM
... Also if fed one of my Ultra Rares 12,000 in food last night and only receive a few points. And I had a 1.5 boost!. If this keeps up I might just not try anymore for the LB prize.

I thought we are suppose to receive 1 point per 200 food we feed? I used 14,000 food & only received 6 points. My calculations it should have been 70. I don't understand how people climb the leader board so fast. I'm doing the wheel I am breeding evolving hatching & I even bought the 60 point horse & im getting no where fast��can someone please give me some pointers

Uh oh, that's a worry. It shouldn't be hard for the game to do the simple math. Is the food still all gone or the game rolled back? You might want to lodge a support request, as this type of functionality is critical to the game. If you can't count on guaranteed points, then why play this game seriously. Randomness on the wheel is luck based but points for food or breeding should be correct always. if it's not, why would I be spending my food or gems on this tourney if I don't know what i'm going to get??

your math is correct. i also believe that if you feed 1 food to multiple babies 200 times that should still earn you one point. it's cumulative.

JustKay
04-23-17, 06:41 PM
Does the wheel really work like that? I think that is pure speculation.

Speculation is not always incorrect. They are simply unproven/untested theories. Either way it seems to work for me. I've been getting over 100 points on various wheel spins, which keeps me floating around the 10th's rank. Not spectacular, but better than getting around 25 points per point winning spin. I'm still going to have to spend food/gems to get any higher than that though so it's not a spectacularly advantageous situation. You can just use it tactically to your advantage, while those that don't understand the wheel will tire themselves out.

HutterGal
04-23-17, 06:55 PM
Yes I did submit a complaint on points & food. Hopefully they compensate me.

Silverrain1
04-24-17, 11:01 AM
Yes I did submit a complaint on points & food. Hopefully they compensate me.

I don't think my points worked properly either but didn't pay enough attention to say how much I should definitely have. Bit sad.
Both accounts still second place. And I haven't visited any I'm on the board with but I think the same person is on first place on both accounts! They have the same name anyway! Will need to have a look if the game will let me! What are the odds!

sparklegirly
04-24-17, 11:50 AM
If anyone wants to see Brawny Bear walking around you can come visit my forest! The bears are all the way to the edge on the farthest green island with my Four Leaf Rover 😍🐻✨

JustKay
04-25-17, 02:09 AM
I don't think my points worked properly either but didn't pay enough attention to say how much I should definitely have. Bit sad.
Both accounts still second place. And I haven't visited any I'm on the board with but I think the same person is on first place on both accounts! They have the same name anyway! Will need to have a look if the game will let me! What are the odds!

I'm going to take a photo before and after a big feeding. That should make it clear. I might even be able to send that snapshot to S8 to prove my point if there is any discrepancy. There should only ever be a 200 food gap between the food you have and the points you have added on. If the number is less then it's obviously something funny is up.

JustKay
04-25-17, 02:10 AM
I agree with Phoenix406 it's a April fools theme.
They just probably released it a little later than they initially intended to.

This is understandable since they have to follow a set rotation between the different event types. They couldn't run an LB if there's a World Event or a Storybook is in the way. I don't mind. There are only so many Easter themed events before it gets boring. More variety is good. Maybe even some cultural events from different countries would be interesting! I think they explored this in Fashion Story back in it's day and it was a hit! I think everyone can appreciate seeing more about the world culture beyond their own country.

Silverrain1
04-25-17, 11:04 AM
Well lost a whole day worth of spins, feeding, hatching and evolving due to a game crash. I'm still in second but not by much and now my food supply is down cos iv lost a day of harvest. Not happy. I know I won't get first place but if I dnt get second I will b devastated. Mostly cos iv had second place since about day 2.

Silverrain1
04-25-17, 11:05 AM
I'm going to take a photo before and after a big feeding. That should make it clear. I might even be able to send that snapshot to S8 to prove my point if there is any discrepancy. There should only ever be a 200 food gap between the food you have and the points you have added on. If the number is less then it's obviously something funny is up.

Good luck. Hope your points get registered and I was just expecting more than I got.

Phoenix406
04-25-17, 03:11 PM
I would like to get the Brawny Bear, but, alas, he is out of reach for me. I hope to at least place high enough to get some runes, but even that it looking doubtful. I've been sitting in 4th place, but I'm sure more people will be pulling out boosts now.

Phoenix406
04-25-17, 03:14 PM
If anyone wants to see Brawny Bear walking around you can come visit my forest! The bears are all the way to the edge on the farthest green island with my Four Leaf Rover ����✨

Oh my goodness, your park is gorgeous! :)

Lisa0107
04-25-17, 07:57 PM
Speculation is not always incorrect. They are simply unproven/untested theories. Either way it seems to work for me. I've been getting over 100 points on various wheel spins, which keeps me floating around the 10th's rank. Not spectacular, but better than getting around 25 points per point winning spin. I'm still going to have to spend food/gems to get any higher than that though so it's not a spectacularly advantageous situation. You can just use it tactically to your advantage, while those that don't understand the wheel will tire themselves out.

What is the secret of the wheel? I read back through the thread but I don't see it.

Silverrain1
04-25-17, 10:41 PM
What is the secret of the wheel? I read back through the thread but I don't see it.

It seems to b that the lower your score on the board, the more points you will win from the wheel. When you have one of the top scores you get less points.

poofyena
04-26-17, 04:18 AM
After this event i truly think the wheel theory has credit. I was up in the top ten for the last few LB's and spun maybe 70 points if i was lucky. This time in hovering around 15th and am spinning 200+ points regularly. I haven't spun less than 100.
Its good for me as I wasn't playing seriously this time as i dont like the prizes, but I'm about to get Mammoth Trunk and haven't used any food or done much evolving plus my second nest has been mostly empty. I doubt I'll make the final prize but I'm not fussed.

However i can see how its annoying when hot actively trying. I really aimed hard for the 5k prize one lb and didn't make it by a mile, barely made it to the 4.2k prize. That was with active trying.

JustKay
04-26-17, 05:31 AM

It seems to b that the lower your score on the board, the more points you will win from the wheel. When you have one of the top scores you get less points.

Ditto. Not been feeding much, no boosts... and am now in third. Just hanging back in 10th spot swinging into the top ten again and again. A few in the group have boosted and lept ahead at various points. However there's also quite a few people in my group that seem to be swinging this way so the difference between 10 and 3rd has never been much. Only just now I've managed to leapfrog a few more spots than usual. Probably won't stay in third for long, but will swing back again for sure :D

UPDATE: I spooked my group leader. Visited them recently and played with their animals for the first time. They double boosted a 2000 point lead. So there is a big gap between second and first, but only 300 point difference to second. I doubt the wheel will help me close that gap in the time left, however that's what gems and boosts are for.

Silverrain1
04-26-17, 02:50 PM
Main account in second place. So was my second account, until I looked back and saw I was in 14th!

JustKay
04-26-17, 10:04 PM
Main account in second place. So was my second account, until I looked back and saw I was in 14th!

Whoa, sounds like things are getting serious in your group. The race to the finish is starting early. Should be an interesting show to watch :D

In my group everyone except for the top two have been civil. Maybe 10 people are floating around the same rank and only exchanging spots based on the luck of the wheel spin. Even second place is not going too crazy. At the finish, my group will either be very boring or an all out boosted points fest.

Silverrain1
04-27-17, 11:02 AM
Whoa, sounds like things are getting serious in your group. The race to the finish is starting early. Should be an interesting show to watch :D

In my group everyone except for the top two have been civil. Maybe 10 people are floating around the same rank and only exchanging spots based on the luck of the wheel spin. Even second place is not going too crazy. At the finish, my group will either be very boring or an all out boosted points fest.

We are all pretty close together. I'm still in 14th with 4592 and 1st has 5441. I dnt buy boosts on this account so it will b interesting to see how things go! Main account still in second and only a few hundred separate me and third place.

GreytMom
04-27-17, 12:37 PM
I'm still in first place by 1200 points and it looks like no one is going to boost or anything to pass me up. Of course this happens when I don't like the prize animal one bit. I've deliberately been trying NOT to get points hoping for third place for the runes.

JustKay
04-27-17, 09:10 PM
I'm still in first place by 1200 points and it looks like no one is going to boost or anything to pass me up. Of course this happens when I don't like the prize animal one bit. I've deliberately been trying NOT to get points hoping for third place for the runes.

I gotta say I'm not a fan of the trophy either but the animals are sort of cute. It's the 10th LB event though, so am still going to try for it even if it's not such a pretty trophy. Hoping for a 10 win streak :D

judafarm
04-28-17, 03:31 AM
I play this game on ipad and iphone.
2 different accounts.
By both games I it happened several times that I not get the winning points from the spinning wheel.
Just now, I spin and should have 48 points... but it doesn't count.
And this is not the first time.. More times the points doesn't count.
By both games..
Are here more people who had this problem?
By me its by two games..different accounts...

Silverrain1
04-28-17, 08:50 AM
Well I'm now third and the people who are in first and second place came from no where! So the person who was in first may hit back and then I'll just drop further and further down.

Alideh
04-28-17, 11:00 AM
6 people had bosted within the last 2 hours, The top 4 boosted with a 2x one while the 5th place used a 1.2 boost. REALLY glad I didn't love the first prize, it's cute in baby form but it didn't grab my attention like some of the previous 1st & 2nd spot prizes, which I'm glad because I'm sure I would have lost XD
I somehow managed to get all milestones even though I only tried up till the grumpy gorilla. LOVED the habitat!! Thank you Storm8 for adding another lovely habitat as a milestone prize :D
Good luck to all and congrats to those who won :D

Edit : I ended in 14th spot o.o Not sure exactly how that happened....I had gone down to 18 and thought I was going to end up as one of the last 3 XD

njbhugjjgnj
04-28-17, 11:06 AM
Shamefully I boosted :\ I went from 8th to first only bc I bred a Topaz Tiger and had a few UR's evolving. Not liking the final prize though. Congrats to the top player's :)

AppieP
04-28-17, 11:22 AM
Finished with a lot of luck and gems spending, boost, and feeding 6th place with 12.796 points. Luckily 10 realm runes. Top 4 and incl me are used the 2.0 boost. Hope I never see and get into such a tough group. First time not ending into the top 3 for me.

Sjadelove
04-28-17, 11:25 AM
Grrrrr!!! Was feeding my animal to win the event and when I was feeding the game froze and when I restarted the game it didn't count the food I spent before and made me lose my less then hundred points. I've been saving did for months just to win and this happens.... Seriously! This has never happened during an event!! Storm 8 please make this right! I was robbed!

Clark_Wayne
04-28-17, 11:27 AM
7 people (including me :D) boosted at the end !
what was crazy , i was 1st when when the leaderboard closed and when i restart , i was 2nd !
anyway i just wanted the bear :) all my trophies are staying in the storage :D

Silverrain1
04-28-17, 11:50 AM
Main account got 4th place second account was 13th

Phoenix406
04-28-17, 12:23 PM
At first I didn't like the final prize (Brawny Bear), but the more the event went on, the more it grew on me. Alas, I came in 4th, so no bear for me. But runes at last! So during the last event I spun for Runes regularly - more often than statistics would indicate. This time, I only spun for Runes 2x, so statistically much less than statistically likely. Really bummed. I wish I knew what the trick was to this wheel. I only got coins like once, so again, way out of the statistical likelihood. I typically spin 5-6 times per day, and with 8 possibilities on the wheel, each option should come up at least 1x within every 2 day period, 5x in a 10 day period (I know this is very inexact - I'm just doing some estimating in my head).

BatCrzy2
04-28-17, 12:49 PM
7 people (including me :D) boosted at the end !
what was crazy , i was 1st when when the leaderboard closed and when i restart , i was 2nd !
anyway i just wanted the bear :) all my trophies are staying in the storage :D

same thing happened to me, even reloaded dozens of times. winner earned over 8000 points in the last 8 minutes. crazy!

Silverrain1
04-28-17, 02:09 PM
I didn't count but I noticed a lot of boosts on my second account. Something that dsnt tend to happen on that account. I spend nothing on that one and I tend to b grouped with ppl who look like they do the same. Not this time tho

poofyena
04-28-17, 02:40 PM
Ended up finishing 14th. I'm happy with that as i didnt want the final prize and i somehow managed to get all the milestone prizes fairly easily. New tactic for these events i think. Providing i dont want the top prizes.

Sakrysta
04-28-17, 04:31 PM
I won on both of my accounts, which is kind of amazing. Persepheny was ranked in the mid/high teens for most of the time, but no one in my group was really pushing. I had plenty of animals ready to evolve, so I saved all my feeding for the last couple hours and bought a boost.

Sakrysta had more of a challenge, as I haven't done a leaderboard on that account before. I had to feed animals along as the evolution flower freed up, but again, my group was very laid back, and I was in the top five most of the event. I did the same thing & bought a boost at the end and fed up as many animals as I could for the next time I need to keep the flower filled.

Prize-wise, I would rather have had the runes, but the competitor in me always comes out in these things. LOL

JustKay
04-28-17, 11:47 PM
Only three people boosted at the end in my group, and they were exhausted, only bidding up just enough to get ahead. Without any Gem animals every bid must have been spending real money. Was surprised they thought they could win by only a few tens of points... but they do have trophies to show for it. I participated in the bidding war towards the end, testing their resolve but since I wasn't going to risk anything, I used up more food for a 750 point lead which was enough to settle the group. Had plenty of food left for more, but it was clear I didn't need to use more.

I think I did manage to thin the pack with my regular visits and trophy display. A few of the people who were leading early on, let their rank drop near the end. It's a much easier finish when there's less people boosting for a finish. Normally I would try to have a few thousand points lead just to be safe.

Looking at the trophy now, it's a bit of a dirty gold colour. Almost like its a gold trophy trying to look like a bronze one :p

Just checked and my plan B baby account won no contest. I wish my main account had it as easy as that account does.

GreytMom
04-29-17, 06:52 AM
Congrats on your streak, JustKay! That's quite an impressive trophy display you have going on.

JustKay
04-29-17, 05:15 PM
Congrats on your streak, JustKay! That's quite an impressive trophy display you have going on.

Thanks, GreytMom! To think I initially just wanted to see how many I could get with my 1 million food stockpile saved from years of casual play. LB definitely worked in turning me into a more serious player