PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 4/13: The Baron's Tea Party | POLL ADDED - PLEASE VOTE

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

cavegirl1
04-22-17, 07:12 PM
Feels like we need a virtual club, where people deciding not continue can go and chill out and relax together for the next 11 days.

Almost like a club for recovering addicts !

And we will understand those who 'slip' and have to continue to the end - we know it is not easy to stop :)

cavegirl1
04-22-17, 07:13 PM
Just deleted/stored everything I was using to get the required items for this event. I'm done.

Enjoy! It feels gooooood.

maxiandtaz
04-22-17, 07:23 PM
Enjoy! It feels gooooood.

It feels great and I agree with the club I stored my stuff earlier today

Loopielu
04-22-17, 08:08 PM
Can I join? Just reach L9 and started to put stuff into store and get my life back. Coin only after all that work??! I feel done.

Loopielu
04-22-17, 08:13 PM
I have been playing this game since it first opened in the US in the fall of 2013. I have enjoyed it for a long time. I spend some money for gems because it has seemed worth it. This particular event has the worst drop rate of any event I can remember. It may be first time since 2013 that I won't finish an event. I have been playing pretty steadily, I have a fair number of alicorns, and I still am not sure about completing the Tea Party. The sheer volume of items needed combined with the abysmal drop rate is making the game less attractive to me. We have been chopping rocks for a long time now in many different events and it is getting a little boring. I may complete this one, but I'll bored to tears chopping rocks and grass (60 chops to get 7 porcelain clay, 15 tall grass to get 2 spring petals)
SW, thanks for being the best Mod - your creativity and commitment to the community is outstanding. And thanks to all the "speeders" who move ahead to give the community vital information.
Good luck to all in finishing this one.

Ponds drop much better than rocks, but I agree. I'm giving up for the first time in years (got to level 9). Mainly because of the coin only reward, but also because of the effort. And I've got 25 alicorns to help me!

PrincessCupOButter
04-22-17, 08:25 PM
Feels like we need a virtual club, where people deciding not continue can go and chill out and relax together for the next 11 days.

And we will understand those who 'slip' and have to continue to the end - we know it is not easy to stop :)

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to join the club! 3 tea settings and 2 teas to go for level 9, then I can become a member!! And I am pretty sure I won't relapse. I'm so over tea leaves and porcelain clay.

Note to S8: If an event is going to be 3 weeks long, please consider adding some variety to it in the future.

cavegirl1
04-22-17, 08:32 PM
I'm so jealous! I can't wait to join the club! 3 tea settings and 2 teas to go for level 9, then I can become a member!! And I am pretty sure I won't relapse. I'm so over tea leaves and porcelain clay.

Note to S8: If an event is going to be 3 weeks long, please consider adding some variety to it in the future.

Happy to put you on the waiting list of the 'I gave up level 10' club :)

Queenzod
04-22-17, 08:34 PM
Changed my mind! I am going to continue on, but not at the frustrated pace I was going at. I'm just gonna do what I can without getting all anxiety ridden over it. If I make it, fine. If not, that's fine too.

This one was just too complicated and too big. That is all.

FinnsDairy
04-22-17, 08:40 PM

DeeDeeBird70
04-22-17, 10:25 PM
Luna48,
Castle Story started in the fall of 2012. I started playing in Feb. 2013 in the US with the Valentine Edition so lucky enough to have the Love Shack.

I've reached Level 8 with the garden and that's enough. If I collected every two hours around the clock I just might get the peacock but it is not worth that kind of effort and stress. I too miss the type of events from a couple of years ago. And PLEASE no more Leaderboards.

SpiritWind00
04-22-17, 10:58 PM
Changed my mind! I am going to continue on, but not at the frustrated pace I was going at. I'm just gonna do what I can without getting all anxiety ridden over it. If I make it, fine. If not, that's fine too.

This one was just too complicated and too big. That is all.
I'm also staying on the 'take me to level 10 train'! I'm on level 9 now. Didn't make the timed goal, but no biggie. I am concerned about the tea leaves but I'll plug away all week till my alicorns are ready for regeneration again. No gems, although I also accidentally sped up a mushroom for 1 gem, but I watched a video and got it back :)

Yes I will do a poll at the conclusion of the event :)

Den8137259
04-23-17, 12:18 AM
★ SW, see you at Club 10, just accomplish the tasks as per usual to get there (: ★

cavegirl1
04-23-17, 12:31 AM
I'm also staying on the 'take me to level 10 train'! I'm on level 9 now. Didn't make the timed goal, but no biggie. I am concerned about the tea leaves but I'll plug away all week till my alicorns are ready for regeneration again. No gems, although I also accidentally sped up a mushroom for 1 gem, but I watched a video and got it back :)

Yes I will do a poll at the conclusion of the event :)

Thx SW. Hope that train is first class all the way :)

SpiritWind00
04-23-17, 01:39 AM
Ha! I might definitely be travelling first class (my lounge is comfy enough!), but the scenery has been a bit bleak so far... I've travelled and survived through the isle of incredulousness (when I finished seeing what was needed for L8-10!), the misery of mushrooms, the turbulence of tea and am currently travelling through the pitiful petals. It wouldn't be so bad but the train keeps going in circles! I'm heading back into the magical land of mysterious mythic mushies now.... :)

Club 10 all the way Den... :)

MoonVillage3
04-23-17, 01:51 AM
Reading the last pages of posts on the formation of club9.. I do think this is happening, apart the difficulty if player has no extra energy aid as is terribly energy consuming.. is due to the fact this event lacks a motivation.

S8? It would be so nicer to work, even if hard, toward something we need in our kingdom and not just deco that drops coins. It would be wonderful if the Tea Table dropped FEASTS after the conclusion! Now this would push us along motivated and willing to try the impossible, instead of players giving up one step before the teribble final.

Jinc4
04-23-17, 02:11 AM
Ha! I might definitely be travelling first class (my lounge is comfy enough!), but the scenery has been a bit bleak so far... I've travelled and survived through the isle of incredulousness (when I finished seeing what was needed for L8-10!), the misery of mushrooms, the turbulence of tea and am currently travelling through the pitiful petals. It wouldn't be so bad but the train keeps going in circles! I'm heading back into the magical land of mysterious mythic mushies now.... :)

Club 10 all the way Den... :)

Well I'm going for L10 - I don't like things unfinished and there is a lot of time left. I'm focusing on the sweets first as the others are (relatively) easy. Working on sweet no 8 and trying not to get annoyed about those petals!!!

AnnirasSweets
04-23-17, 02:19 AM
All I can say is I really hope we have some downtime before the next update. I've spent all my energy this week on nothing but crafting for upgrades that I've not touched anything else in my poor neglected queendom. Also, was there a cap on the Spring flowers? I was going to buy another so I had an even amount but it's no longer available to buy.

Jinc4
04-23-17, 02:27 AM
All I can say is I really hope we have some downtime before the next update. I've spent all my energy this week on nothing but crafting for upgrades that I've not touched anything else in my poor neglected queendom. Also, was there a cap on the Spring flowers? I was going to buy another so I had an even amount but it's no longer available to buy.

Yes, it has gone for me as well. That is very strange...

AnnirasSweets
04-23-17, 02:29 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess it doesn't matter, I just always try to collect even numbers of decos when possible.

janddolphins
04-23-17, 02:45 AM
Well my cheery optimism in the beginning that I shared with so many has also disappeared. I'm still working to get level 10, but it's sad when in a game you have to choose what you want. My place is turning into a place for lost animals lol as I chose to make two raccoons early on and my goal is the peacock to give my other one a friend. So many animals I don't know where to place them all!

But it is sad when you have to pick and choose what you want to make sure you complete and what you might have to pass on. I'm only level 8, but there is still plenty of days and I have time to play. I am not going to go crazy, but at the same time I'll check in more often than I normally do. We will see what happens and maybe I will get lucky and reach 10.

Right now I wish I was one of those players with 100 Alicorns, but if I do the math right and they are bought with gems on sale and a few made with the shack, to have that huge army of Alicorns is costing you over $1,000. Wayyyyy to steep for me and the price is not worth the energy. If someone managed to get so many white without the love shack, maybe I am wrong and it doesn't cost so much. But without them for substantial extra energy I don't see how most people could have enough energy to collect with the low drop rates. I do hope those who are trying to continue like me are able to make it. Good luck!

RoenQ
04-23-17, 03:05 AM
Having trouble opening the game at the moment. Anyone else or is it just me? :confused:

RoenQ
04-23-17, 03:13 AM
The other games are opening so it's definitely not an issue with the connection.

cavegirl1
04-23-17, 03:16 AM

The spring flowers are still available for me to buy ...

Having trouble opening the game at the moment. Anyone else or is it just me? :confused:

I can get in okay.

Jinc4
04-23-17, 03:22 AM
The spring flowers are still available for me to buy ...

I can get in okay.

Are you on android or IOS? I've looked through decorations, plants and special and still can't find them.

darthkris
04-23-17, 03:28 AM
Is it correct that the level 10 table only drops coins? No sugar, cakes whatever?

cavegirl1
04-23-17, 03:43 AM
Are you on android or IOS? I've looked through decorations, plants and special and still can't find them.

I'm on iOS. They show in plants and in featured. Very odd ...

cavegirl1
04-23-17, 03:43 AM
Is it correct that the level 10 table only drops coins? No sugar, cakes whatever?

Yes, coins only :(

Jinc4
04-23-17, 04:40 AM
I'm on iOS. They show in plants and in featured. Very odd ...

I'm on android and they've definitely gone. I assume it's an error and they will reappear soon!

ladyperidot
04-23-17, 04:44 AM

Sign me up and pass me a drink! I stopped at level 7 and have stored the mushrooms and extra ponds. And I'm NOT setting an alarm to collect every 2 hrs.

Seriously700
04-23-17, 06:00 AM
From the first page: "There are 3 optional timed goals. If you do not complete this goal in the allotted time, you will only lose out on the reward.
* The timer is dependent on when you trigger the goal. You get the remainder of the S8 day you're in +22 hours. So, if you are going to trigger this goal, wait till your new day begins and then you will get the most amount of time. Even better, wait until you have all (or nearly all) of the resources FIRST before upgrading to the goal that triggers a timed portion."

I'm on the third timed goal triggered after getting to Level 8. It had a 3 day timer. My timing isn't following the above at all, which I guess is geared to the 2nd goal with a 2 day timer.

I triggered the goal 2 days ago, early Friday morning, approximately 4 am S8 time. I now have less than 3 hours on the timer, which means it is ending around 9 am S8 time on the 3rd day. I'm not quite sure what the algorithm is. I thought I'd have most of the 3rd day to complete the goal.

hagypagy
04-23-17, 06:10 AM
As much as I'm not into this event with repetitive actions and lacklustre prizes, I think I'm pretty on track at the moment.

Currently sitting on LVL7 gathering extra materials so the jump from LVL8 to LVL9 will be quick to guarantee the sweet gift.

LVL10 upgrade requirements are ridiculous and I'm really not looking forward to the next 10days of tedious collecting for zero reward.

Remember mainstoryline updates and having new expansions released and Baron's Tent updates and monster hunts???
Bring back the things that drive the game please Storm8 , everyone is tired of event after event.

The only reason I continue to play is in the hope that game will get back on track soon ... But hope is fading :(

rilette
04-23-17, 06:22 AM
For those who want to buy Spring Flowers... I have 6. It takes 16 hours to collect.
One flower can drop 2 petals but also ZERO !
I collect today from them. Here is the result :
first flower ZERO petal;
Second flower 2 petals;
Third flower ZERO petal.
I laught every time I see no petal at all. Ufff
I think i will reach level 9 then I stop too to join the Club.
I need to sleep because I collect every 2 hours from last saturday; night and day !!!!
This night I wake up at 4 am and then fall asleep with my phone in my hand.
Full crazzyness !!!!!!!

I need 1200 tea cups to get the peacock!!!!

rilette
04-23-17, 06:22 AM
Can I ask what are weekly Alicorns ? Thksss

saphirie
04-23-17, 06:51 AM
I feel your lack of sleep pain rilette. Last night i fell back asleep at 4am after only collecting half to wake in a panic 10 mins later. I'm almost at lv 9 (just a few more petals). Looking forward to a night's sleep without interruption. Our dedication to completing tasks is definitely crazy.

judafarm
04-23-17, 06:54 AM
Can I ask what are weekly Alicorns ? Thksss

An alicorn gives once a week 40 energy..
So, when you have collect from your alicorn, you have to wait 7 days before you can collect again 40 energy :)

transberry
04-23-17, 06:56 AM
Just realized my spring flowers are missing

Searched everywhere and no longer have them

Nothing I can do to complete now

riverly
04-23-17, 07:01 AM
Can I ask what are weekly Alicorns ? Thksssweekly alicorns are the alicorns that recharge once a week with 40 energy. I bought both of mine, but they are very pricey. 600 gems I think. Available in the market. Others have had the opportunity to craft and or buy parts that are available from the loveshack . ( I missed that event). We had an event that we earned a horse that recharges weekly with 40 energy. That was before this steady stream of events we've been having recently.
The daily alicorns are those that recharge daily with 4-100 energy. Yes I did get 100 energy, but that's pretty rare. Usually 4-6 energy.

riverly
04-23-17, 07:28 AM
Just realized my spring flowers are missing

Searched everywhere and no longer have them

Nothing I can do to complete nowhave you gone into edit mode and moved things around to see if they are hidden? This is just strange. Hope they show up.
Edit: I know you probably already knew about the edit tip, but that's the best I can offer. Sorrry.

PrincessCupOButter
04-23-17, 07:51 AM
As much as I'm not into this event with repetitive actions and lacklustre prizes, I think I'm pretty on track at the moment.

Currently sitting on LVL7 gathering extra materials so the jump from LVL8 to LVL9 will be quick to guarantee the sweet gift.

LVL10 upgrade requirements are ridiculous and I'm really not looking forward to the next 10days of tedious collecting for zero reward.

Remember mainstoryline updates and having new expansions released and Baron's Tent updates and monster hunts???
Bring back the things that drive the game please Storm8 , everyone is tired of event after event.

The only reason I continue to play is in the hope that game will get back on track soon ... But hope is fading :(

Agree! And sadly, my hope is fading too. :(

Ten more days of tedious collecting with no real reward is why I'm now a proud member of Club9! :D I have literally had to force myself to log in and collect/craft the requirements for level 9, I fear trying for level 10 would make me finally quit playing the game. This sounds like an exaggeration, but I swear it's not. I found myself dreading it and getting no enjoyment whatsoever (not even the usual sense of accomplishment), so I was questioning my own sanity for continuing. It's very liberating for me to realize I don't "need" to complete this one.

Having said that, I do wish good luck and plentiful drops to those who are soldiering on! I've got the congratulatory petit fours ready to send to my neighbors. :)

Now I'm headed off to the clubhouse for a little R&R :cool:

riverly
04-23-17, 07:53 AM
My reason for not going for L10 is I guess a matter of principle. Please make the prizes worth the effort!!!!!

PrincessCelestian
04-23-17, 08:09 AM

There are so many cool things it could drop!! Sugar, cakes, chocolate, lemonade, apple pie, orange pie, sweets needed for faerie adventures that take forever to craft. But nope. Just coins.

rilette
04-23-17, 08:36 AM
I feel your lack of sleep pain rilette. Last night i fell back asleep at 4am after only collecting half to wake in a panic 10 mins later. I'm almost at lv 9 (just a few more petals). Looking forward to a night's sleep without interruption. Our dedication to completing tasks is definitely crazy.

Ok I feel better that I am not the only one not sleeping... I go to drink some tea because I am -of course- sleepy.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-23-17, 08:37 AM
...I'm going to plead to S8 for the drop rate to go up! I noticed too that once I hit L8 the ponds were not dropping as much. Spring petals.... What petals!
Thanks for this, SW! It was nice to finally get a spring petal to drop from my gem-purchased Spring Flowers. One flower even dropped TWO petals & I thought I was just seeing things in my delirium, lol.

When S8 returns to the office on Monday, do you mind also asking if they would reconsider adding some drops to the L10 Tea Party? At a MINIMUM, it should drop a water & red petal, for crying out loud, lol. Logically, it should drop some of the items it took to build it - like a flour & sugar, too! A cake would be even better even though we never used chocolate, or other sweets as just suggested by PrincessCelestian!
(Sidethought: For the upgrade, why not ask for Candy Bonbons or TEACAKES, hello! - 2 recipes that have been in our kitchens forever & have NO use beyond a single faerie trade in the Royal Exchange. Part of the problem with making these events open to lower levels is S8 can't ask for items not yet available to them but still ask for so many things, lower levels have trouble completing the event ANYway while the higher level players have a bunch of stuff that NEVER GETS USED.)

If they added some drops to the finished table besides just coins (again!) and let us know in a timely manner, more players would have more incentive to actually CARE if their tables were level 10. Otherwise, WHY would any player want to give up 100 flour & 150 sugar in addition to finding more ad nauseam clay, tea leaves & spring petals just to get the table to a coin-dropping-only level 10 & rewarded a NON-animated "fountain" decoration that doesn't even drop teacups, when the peacock can be acquired with diligent collections from a lower level table?
Only reason I can think of, is the L10 club - we wanna finish stuff, regardless, just as a personal goal (&/or we just want a pile of dirty dishes to show for our efforts, lol).
We're a kooky minority like that (whose numbers are quickly dwindling)!
Go L10 train! *choo choo* LOL

SpiritWind. As you did for the frog prince event, it would be great to have a poll at the end for this one, with one of the options being where people deliberately chose not to try to complete all levels - which is a very different message to give to not being able to complete the event.

I know you can only pass on feedback and cannot directly influence what S8 does, but to me this speaks volumes ...

(And as always Thx for all you do :) :) :) )

....Yes I will do a poll at the conclusion of the event :)
If you're gonna ask something like "Did you complete the event, get the peacock & upgrade your Tea Party to level 10?", I'd like to see more yes/no response options, like:
"Yes to both but I intentionally spent gems (market items, speeding up collections, etc) &/or purchased a bundle"
"Yes to both but I accidentally spent gems (gem traps)"
"Yes to both, no gems spent or bundles purchased"
"Yes to peacock, No to L10 table; I chose to keep a lower level table"
"Yes to L10 table, No to peacock; couldn't collect enough teacups"
"No to either, but not for lack of trying"
"No to either; I gave up"

....or something like that, lol.
You do an AWESOME job, that's just an example of more options for us to pick. :)

This event has been an insane DOOZY! ...and we're not even half-way thru it?!?!
*Charlie Brown voice*: "Oh, good grief!" lol

rilette
04-23-17, 08:38 AM
weekly alicorns are the alicorns that recharge once a week with 40 energy. I bought both of mine, but they are very pricey. 600 gems I think. Available in the market. Others have had the opportunity to craft and or buy parts that are available from the loveshack . ( I missed that event). We had an event that we earned a horse that recharges weekly with 40 energy. That was before this steady stream of events we've been having recently.
The daily alicorns are those that recharge daily with 4-100 energy. Yes I did get 100 energy, but that's pretty rare. Usually 4-6 energy.

Thks for the explanations. I see the 600 gems alicorns wondering how it could ever cost so much. Maybe too much expensive and with no explanations.

gandalf72
04-23-17, 10:13 AM
I RAGE QUIT last night!!! When I accidentally hit the skip button on the "ask for Petit Fours" Task. Somewhere around 120 gems are now gone! The lack of a confirmation button has bitten me many times before, but this one is over the top!! I deleted the game in a RAGE but reinstalled to confirm the update had saved. Yep, it did!

I'm sorry neighbors... but the game keeps taking hard earned gems! I've lost my interest and I'm out. I opened a support ticket with Storm8. It remains to be seen if I play this game much anymore.

Alohatami
04-23-17, 10:35 AM
My hat is off to those of you who have made it to the end, or are at level 7 or more. I'm a level 38 player. I have no alicorns (out of my budget, even on sale), or any of the other gem-buyable extra sources of energy. A couple of months ago, I did have enough gems saved to buy the plant that gives a red petal every 20 minutes (I had about 70 red petals saved at the start of this event, but no red dyes.) At the moment, I have 2 of 5 tea, and 1 of 20 tea settings. Level 7 looks very far away to me right now, though I will continue to plug away at it to see if I can actually get there. From my perspective, it seems like this event was designed for the highest level, alicorn-rich players, with not much thought given to lower levels, or players without the extra energy resources. Events should be reasonably doable for all. (This is supposed to be fun, right?) I do hope S8 takes note of all the comments, and rethinks their strategy for future events. I feel like the little kid in the back seat, but instead of saying, "Are we there yet?", I'm asking, "Are we having fun yet?"

Ki250
04-23-17, 10:49 AM
My hat is off to those of you who have made it to the end, or are at level 7 or more. I'm a level 38 player. I have no alicorns (out of my budget, even on sale), or any of the other gem-buyable extra sources of energy. A couple of months ago, I did have enough gems saved to buy the plant that gives a red petal every 20 minutes (I had about 70 red petals saved at the start of this event, but no red dyes.) At the moment, I have 2 of 5 tea, and 1 of 20 tea settings. Level 7 looks very far away to me right now, though I will continue to plug away at it to see if I can actually get there. From my perspective, it seems like this event was designed for the highest level, alicorn-rich players, with not much thought given to lower levels, or players without the extra energy resources. Events should be reasonably doable for all. (This is supposed to be fun, right?) I do hope S8 takes note of all the comments, and rethinks their strategy for future events. I feel like the little kid in the back seat, but instead of saying, "Are we there yet?", I'm asking, "Are we having fun yet?"

Well I am level 48 and just leveled the Tea Party to 8 this morning. I have not used any gems except to buy the pink flower that has a chance to drop the pink petals. With a 16 hour timer and the drop rate it is not much use. Chopping the tall grass doesn't get you much either. The endless tapping and chopping has grown tiresome for me. With the current drop rates I will be lucky to make level 9. I seriously doubt I will make level 10. The only way I see that happening is by using gems. I have some but I don't think you should have to use them to complete an event. I have said it before Castle Story and all games are designed to make you spend money. I have supported this game by buying gems and I have purchased a starter pack here and there. So I do get frustrated with Castle Story at times when events require things but the drop rates are so poor. Again you should not have to use gems to complete an event in my opinion. Will S8 listen.

riverly
04-23-17, 12:09 PM
Ok. Now y'all got me worried. If they changed the drops I would be upset. But looking at past events I don't see that happening.

transberry
04-23-17, 12:29 PM
have you gone into edit mode and moved things around to see if they are hidden? This is just strange. Hope they show up.
Edit: I know you probably already knew about the edit tip, but that's the best I can offer. Sorrry.

Yep they are missing haven't seen them in days

Ki250
04-23-17, 01:28 PM
It's official I'm bowing out at level 9. Since the Tea Party is only going to drop coins anyway. I guess it's no biggie. My goal is to get the peacock. S8 should really listen to their players concerns. They should've made this event 30 days like the Desert Nights. With such poor drops at least we would still have 20 days to complete the event. I don't understand S8.

nateryd
04-23-17, 01:38 PM
Soooo... I put back out all my ponds, mushrooms and tall grass. I stopped at level 9, But after a two day break (much needed) I'm worried that the drops will change for a level 10 tea party and I'll miss out.. Lol.
I'm completely done the story line, so I really have nothing else to do anyhow.

tamaraalexisreave
04-23-17, 01:54 PM
Ive joined the masses and will bow OUT at L9! The tea leaf drops are disgusting! 24 mushrooms got me 2 leaves! AND the prize is only deco that will end up in storage. Also, it reminds me of a stack of dirty dishes! It doesn't flow like a fountain. Ill collect tea cups and hope for the peacock. Ive never quit a quest before! Nor have so many of my L50 neighbours quit!

AuntyRose32
04-23-17, 03:08 PM
I really would like the peacock but refuse to lose sleep over a game so I don't think I'll even get close to it. I can't level up quick enough to be able to collect a higher number of teacups. The tea leaves and spring petal drop rates are seriously disgusting.... I'd like the time extended on this event to make up for these drop rates but I don't see that happening. Castle Story is a shadow of itself these days.

AnisWa
04-23-17, 03:39 PM
I have chopped at least 100 tall grass today and I only received 1 spring petals. I got about 25 red petals so I can craft more potion, but the spring petals rate is too low! S8 needs to fix it. I need 30 to upgrade to level 9 so at this rate, it will take me longer than the event to get the necessary petals.

Very frustrating! I only need 15 to complete and upgrade to level 9. I haven't gotten any since early morning yesterday. I do not plan on upgrading to L10. I'll just collect the teacups from now on.
There aren't many Happy Campers in this event! UGH!
ps. I've lost count how much energy I've used!

FinnsDairy
04-23-17, 03:40 PM
ive played this game since almost from the beginning. The events used to be fun and doable. This latest event has turned me off to anything timed. I still like the game, just don't see me putting as much effort into it like I used to. Very disappointing

starnanou
04-23-17, 03:41 PM
What is going on with the drop rate ? I chopped 26 tall grass and I got 1 Spring Petal ... Is this normal?

janleigh
04-23-17, 04:48 PM
I understand where you are coming from it's much the same for me the spring petal drop is terrible

dfmomcat
04-23-17, 06:29 PM
What to do, what to do!
Just made my upgrade to L9 and now have to decide which club I want to join.
On the one hand I am pretty sick of the really low drop rate but on the other hand if they increase it I still have nine days to get to L10.
Guess I'll go shopping and think about it. You can bet I won't be buying any tea.

nessa005
04-23-17, 06:48 PM
I stopped at Level 5 and have actually had a RL for the last few days. I'm becoming quite easily un-addicted. I'll give s8 another chance but only if there are more expansions, more story line or monster hunts...... otherwise.....I will be out of the game. My Granddaughter ( age 7) will forgive me eventually......I hope.

janddolphins
04-23-17, 07:34 PM
In the past I believe buildings have started drops only after the event, I could be wrong but I do remember a few times so it wouldn't be a precedent and I wouldn't lose hope that level 10 won't have drops. Just my two cents, even though I am not sure I can make it.

Ideally I would like to complete it all. I seem to be behind on individual prizes as well so stepping it up for the peacock. Still several days to go but I must say I will be happy when this event is over. Most certainly not one of my favorites.

I will say one positive thing as I do like to share parts of an event that I enjoy so they hopefully carry over. This event did allow you a little more freedom to play at your own pace. With a two hour check in for the building and the same rate for energy it was timed well. I did not have to click every 10 minutes for farmhouses and nithing else, and on my time that I came in, though I admit it is not every 2 hours, I have enough ponds, mushrooms, and tall grass to use whatever energy I have in one shot, usually craft 2 things, and then not have to come back until tea party and energy are ready again, so I don't feel like I'm babysitting it.

BiggerBubbles
04-23-17, 07:54 PM
I have been playing this game since Oct'12. It was very disappointing when they deleted the Wonderland game as these were the only 2 games of this type that I knew of. I doubt I'll ever stop playing CS, you just take things as you go and get on with it. However, I do believe that there should have been different requirements for lower levels. It doesn't seem fair for them to not be able to finish.

There are those of you that have decided to just get a raccoon, some to stop at lvl 5, yes it is pretty, some just want the peacock. Me, I want the lot, but if I had to choose it would be the lvl 10 tea party as I do not like unfinished buildings and I'm just glad I am in a position to achieve this without using gems.

Dragosle
04-23-17, 08:25 PM
Looking at the entire event overall:
- Most of the price from event are decorations (minus the Peacock and the Racoon)
- Event Building will only drop coin even if fully upgraded.
- Side goal is difficult yet the items offer for completion is super cheap (1 piece of the upgrade material, hah!)
- Low materials drop rate but super high required quantity

Yep, nothing worth considering anymore! This is pretty much the same at the Frog Prince event, with longer time but much more work and worst prices :mad:

FrostedThings
04-23-17, 08:40 PM
Just upgraded to level 8 I am storing all my extraamushrooms and ponds I feel liberated my only goal is to get the peacock and I will achieve that ironically enough every mushroom I have harvested before storing them my tea leave rate is 1 for every 2 mushrooms it's like it knows I'm done lol good luck to everyone hope you achieve what ever goal you have set for your kingdom

The same thing happened to me! Once I gave up and stopped trying, I got SEVEN Tea Leaves out of my 12 mushrooms! And almost every pond now drops Clay. I can't help but chuckle.

cavegirl1
04-23-17, 08:41 PM
In the past I believe buildings have started drops only after the event, I could be wrong but I do remember a few times so it wouldn't be a precedent and I wouldn't lose hope that level 10 won't have drops. Just my two cents, even though I am not sure I can make it.

Note that SpiritWind did follow up for us a few days ago on whether the tea party would drop anything other than coins and was told it won't - see this post.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98345-Castle-Story-4-13-The-Baron-s-Tea-Party&p=1412136#post1412136

So at that stage S8 had no intention for it to drop anything else and that is partly what I based my decision on to not go to lvl 10.

If they do change it to do more than that, then maybe the power of the forum has worked???

janddolphins
04-23-17, 10:52 PM
Note that SpiritWind did follow up for us a few days ago on whether the tea party would drop anything other than coins and was told it won't - see this post.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98345-Castle-Story-4-13-The-Baron-s-Tea-Party&p=1412136#post1412136

So at that stage S8 had no intention for it to drop anything else and that is partly what I based my decision on to not go to lvl 10.

If they do change it to do more than that, then maybe the power of the forum has worked???

Thanks, I did not see it was confirmed. Well that is a bummer :( no reason to push to level 10 really as it looks fine as is, only reason is personal satisfaction, but I won't be ****ing my self to do it and honestly if I don't make it I'm not going to cry.

PurpleScorpion76
04-24-17, 12:45 AM
If we're supposed to level 9 today I'm stuffed. Lol. I even got 100 energy yesterday from an Ali. I've even been playing in the night. Waking and wearily bashing rocks. Lol. And collecting from table. First time I'm feeling I might not get this one. Well the fully upgraded table anyway. I'm still hoping for the peacock. Nearly half way there. Even at this level I'm pretty sure I can get there at least. I've even parked a troll as I almost maxed on invites. I'll move him again if needed at the end. 10 days to go. Let's see if I'm just panicking unnecessarily.

PurpleScorpion76
04-24-17, 02:19 AM
What is going on with the drop rate ? I chopped 26 tall grass and I got 1 Spring Petal ... Is this normal?

It is for me!

meme1098
04-24-17, 06:04 AM
If we're supposed to level 9 today I'm stuffed. Lol. I even got 100 energy yesterday from an Ali. I've even been playing in the night. Waking and wearily bashing rocks. Lol. And collecting from table. First time I'm feeling I might not get this one. Well the fully upgraded table anyway. I'm still hoping for the peacock. Nearly half way there. Even at this level I'm pretty sure I can get there at least. I've even parked a troll as I almost maxed on invites. I'll move him again if needed at the end. 10 days to go. Let's see if I'm just panicking unnecessarily.

Rocks are not a good source of clay at all. The ponds are a much better source & regen time is just 10 minutes. After the first few days I quit chopping rocks & only collected from the ponds.

rilette
04-24-17, 06:29 AM
Finally I join level 9... and as I have to connect and collect every 2 hours and I have 6 Spring Flowers (with packs) I think I will try for level 10.

rilette
04-24-17, 06:33 AM
It is the same for me... one petals for 17 tall grass this morning.

dipwid
04-24-17, 09:02 AM
I stopped at Level 5 and have actually had a RL for the last few days. I'm becoming quite easily un-addicted. I'll give s8 another chance but only if there are more expansions, more story line or monster hunts...... otherwise.....I will be out of the game. My Granddaughter ( age 7) will forgive me eventually......I hope.
I stopped at level 5 as well. I already have a peacock from another event, and the prize for completing the building to level 10 is the fountain (which I didn't want). In answer to other posts, events aren't about buildings usually, unless you like the deco. Events are about the prizes. Leveled buildings help you earn the different prizes depending on the event. You just have to decide what level of participation you want to earn something that is deco only, or if the item has drops you need.

Sirelie
04-24-17, 09:10 AM
It is the same for me... one petals for 17 tall grass this morning.

Yes, it is normal. I have 1 - 2 leaves from 10 red circle mushroom, and 1 spring petal from 20 - 25 grass :-( And from spring flower 33% chance to spring petal.

I decided to try a tea party to get a lv 10 (I do not like unfinished buildings and I like the tea party table), but I do not know... It does not seem possible. I play intensively, but I miss 3 sweets, 18 tea and 28 tea settings. With these drops but I have great doubt...

ShibuyaCloth
04-24-17, 09:29 AM
Yes, it is normal. I have 1 - 2 leaves from 10 red circle mushroom, and 1 spring petal from 20 - 25 grass :-( And from spring flower 33% chance to spring petal.

I decided to try a tea party to get a lv 10 (I do not like unfinished buildings and I like the tea party table), but I do not know... It does not seem possible. I play intensively, but I miss 3 sweets, 18 tea and 28 tea settings. With these drops but I have great doubt...

Sweets are the hardest part by far for level 10 (petals gave <10% chance to drop from grass), tea is second. The sets are easy, but energy guzzelers! ~800 energy just for clay!

riverly
04-24-17, 10:10 AM
I've spent 4 hours trying to get 2 teapots. Yea, I think I'll officially become a member of L 9 club.

sophiensissi
04-24-17, 10:31 AM
Just upgraded to level 9. Not sure I can get the peacock, but I am at 1215 right now. Not even going to try for level 10. I've worked too hard to get this far and don't see the point to try when drop rates are so low.

riverly
04-24-17, 11:17 AM
Just upgraded to level 9. Not sure I can get the peacock, but I am at 1215 right now. Not even going to try for level 10. I've worked too hard to get this far and don't see the point to try when drop rates are so low.I think you are on track to get the peacock and of course the community prizes. I had a busy weekend, and I haven't even reached L 9. I thought I could get it straight away this morning, but it didn't happen.
Did I mention that this is rediculous?
I think I'm going back to the greedy elves. I only need two gold runes for rainbow Ali. I love my Ali's. Energy drops seem to be more valuable than gold.
With the addition of the gold mine, I'm sure S8 will come up with another rare drop.

amerirish
04-24-17, 11:26 AM
This event feels like an anchor around my neck. I'm trying to level up to 9 but it takes sooooooooooo long to collect the necessary ingredients for the materials we have to make. This game has only 2 modes: absolutely nothing to do / tremendously demanding events :(

lalapu08
04-24-17, 11:29 AM
Droprates of spring petals are ridiculosly low. i am on Level 7 and chopped down at least 100 tall grass with only 11 petals so far. It's no fun anymore :(

lalapu08
04-24-17, 11:31 AM
This event feels like an anchor around my neck. I'm trying to level up to 9 but it takes sooooooooooo long to collect the necessary ingredients for the materials we have to make. This game has only 2 modes: absolutely nothing to do / tremendously demanding events :(

Second that! And neighbors drop by to tell me they can't help as I can't collect from my buildings as I need all the energy otherwise.

Destiel0918
04-24-17, 12:07 PM
Worst type of edvent in a long time- really hard to get the parts, and materials hard to find.

Andro45
04-24-17, 01:59 PM
Yep they are missing haven't seen them in days

Well that's bad. I sent you an invite so I could snoop around, but I don't see them either.

Is that raccoon parked? Because they could be hidden in the mist. Or they accidentally ended up in your inventory. Are you sure you're playing the latest version? I had that once...didn't understand where my building had gone, but I had an empty space where I couldn't place anything (because there was my lost building...). That's all I can think of.

I'm working as hard as I can, but I still think I'm not going to make it. By the way, my secondary kingdom (lvl. 29) is doing better than my primary kingdom (lvl. 41), because I had way more red petals when the event started.

Drop rates for clay have been going down. I'm definitely not getting as much clay as in the beginning. Tea leaves drop pretty good, one or two from 6 red mushroom circles. I had ten normal circles out, but they didn't drop a thing, so they went back in storage pretty quick.

rilette
04-24-17, 02:07 PM

I am also on level 9 but after throwing again 20 energy with no leaves... I decided to stop and put away all extra ponds-mushrooms. Even if I have cakes and time to do. I am really tired now.

FrostedThings
04-24-17, 02:21 PM
Reading the last pages of posts on the formation of club9.. I do think this is happening, apart the difficulty if player has no extra energy aid as is terribly energy consuming.. is due to the fact this event lacks a motivation.

S8? It would be so nicer to work, even if hard, toward something we need in our kingdom and not just deco that drops coins. It would be wonderful if the Tea Table dropped FEASTS after the conclusion! Now this would push us along motivated and willing to try the impossible, instead of players giving up one step before the teribble final.

Yes! I'd looooove to have a guaranteed feast drop!

It would also be cool if it dropped Teacake, Chocolate Cake, Candy Bonbons and Smoked Fish Sandwiches, since those are things that could be served at a tea party. :)

rainsunset
04-24-17, 02:26 PM
I've been playing CS since August 2013. And it's the most horrible event I've ever taken part in! I miss the time when I began to play CS. It was interesting and I wanted to see what would be next, what new buildings I could make. Now we have only these horrible events. There is no development in the game. I've missed so much that CS! And I'm dissapointed, I felt such disappointment last time when I knew that there wouldn't be the second film "Immortal instruments".
I don't think that I will be able to delete this game. But sometimes I have such thoughts.
S8, please, stop doing timed events, let's have a break from them! Let's give a present to long-time players and develope story line and let players feel the forgotten atmosphere of good old CS. We've missed it!

azriX2012
04-24-17, 02:54 PM
I agree with rainsunset. I've been playing since february 2012 and this is the most horrible event ever. What's wrong with S8 these days? I'm seriously considering stop wasting money in something that is not funny anymore.

Jennerwein1
04-24-17, 03:01 PM
Reached level 9 last night. Since I am not really interested in Level 10 I made 2 racoons. Now they are cute ! And I have two other ones to go with them. Since I have nothing else to do and a good bit of energy, I will just casually collect and see where I end up. 783 teacups, so most likely no peacock, oh well. But I like the raccoons and already have a peacock from which I don't collect.

stanis87
04-24-17, 03:21 PM
Mission Baron Tea Party is a most absurd mission that I have played so far ... I see that this project is made to spend money on diamonds ... just one element - Tea Leaves, spent 30 energy for 1 piece - Spring Petals I spent 40 energy, etc. I must do not sleep for days to play and I will not finish on time ... I would like to ask why the internet has written that the game Castle story is free ... it is absolutely clear that the game is totally paid. .. and last mission fully proves my thesis with the inability 120 friends and me to not finish this goal. Even if you do not sleep all night and you will play around the clock, you will not finish again within a certain time ... Gentlemen, what are you doing, it is illegal ... Please reconsider your indiscriminate profitability and change your politics Against Castle Storry and the missions you put there ...

riverly
04-24-17, 03:25 PM
Yes! I'd looooove to have a guaranteed feast drop!

It would also be cool if it dropped Teacake, Chocolate Cake, Candy Bonbons and Smoked Fish Sandwiches, since those are things that could be served at a tea party. :)yes to these. I don't like making any of these items. These for me would be perfect drops. And they do play into tea party theme. Tea cakes served at tea party makes perfect sense. Lol

starnanou
04-24-17, 04:18 PM
yes to these. I don't like making any of these items. These for me would be perfect drops. And they do play into tea party theme. Tea cakes served at tea party makes perfect sense. Lol

I agree with you, but ,if I had a request to be heard that it would be to fix the Drop rate , so it will be able to have the "Tea Party Table" at lvl 10
As it is right now most of us will stuck on 7-8 plus the "9Club"
It is a pity I was really happy when it started, now I am disappointed ��

AnisWa
04-24-17, 04:21 PM

I had 8 Mermaid Ponds and 10 regular ponds. The mermaid ponds dropped clay every 4 hrs. I never had issues with clay. It was tea leaves and spring petals. I've put all away once I leveled to 9.

tan5314
04-24-17, 04:27 PM
All of a sudden I miss Sister-Sister quest. It didn't have any timer.

Well, six more petals for level 9 and... Dobby is free!

riverly
04-24-17, 04:46 PM
I agree with you, but ,if I had a request to be heard that it would be to fix the Drop rate , so it will be able to have the "Tea Party Table" at lvl 10
As it is right now most of us will stuck on 7-8 plus the "9Club"
It is a pity I was really happy when it started, now I am disappointed ��agree. I was enjoying this until it took me 4+hours to make 2 pots of tea. I can't imagine 20 more

mayennalee
04-24-17, 04:50 PM
I just chopped 30 grass and got 1. ONE! petal.

Bahahahaha. Im done. Yet another ridiculously weighted quest with random drop rates.

I honestly dont know why I bother.

meme1098
04-24-17, 05:20 PM
yes to these. I don't like making any of these items. These for me would be perfect drops. And they do play into tea party theme. Tea cakes served at tea party makes perfect sense. Lol

Uh, yeah! And why didn't we use that recipe in the kitchen for this goal? Oh,yea, nobody at S8 even plays this game so they had no idea it was even in the kitchen...lol.

jkustak
04-24-17, 05:29 PM
Agreed. Games should be fun and engaging, not tedious. This is boring. Yet I'll bet thier analytics show it to be profitable or they wouldn't do it.

ktorewqas
04-24-17, 05:33 PM
91 tea leaves to join in club lvl 10 :cool:

sophiensissi
04-24-17, 05:45 PM
It's funny that there is a "club9" for those of us who actually made it to level 9. I say funny because it's kind of sad that we just can't muster up the want or energy to continue and try for impossible level 10. This event has been a drain and is insane!

riverly
04-24-17, 05:56 PM
91 tea leaves to join in club lvl 10 :cool:so you would have to average 16 a day now? Is this what you're saying? Sounds doable. I would have to average 26 tea leaves a day.
I'm not sure if I'm getting your meaning Sorry. I may be all wrong.

cavegirl1
04-24-17, 06:53 PM
91 tea leaves to join in club lvl 10 :cool:

So 91 to go
Say, 1 per 4 energy = 5 per hour (being generous here ;) )
91/5 = 18.2 hrs
Yep , you're almost there !

You, and everyone who makes it, will deserve your membership badge and, if it's like the scouts, an extra one for perseverance :)

cavegirl1
04-24-17, 07:18 PM
In a game they called Castle Story
My queendom shone in all its glory
But with events that were timed
My frustration, it climbed
And I couldn't be bothered fini....

Now, what was I doing before? oh yes, rubbing hands together with excitement, housework

ktorewqas
04-24-17, 07:27 PM
so you would have to average 16 a day now? Is this what you're saying? Sounds doable. I would have to average 26 tea leaves a day.
I'm not sure if I'm getting your meaning Sorry. I may be all wrong.

I meant that I only have to collect 91 more tea leaves to upgrade my tea party to level 10 (others are all done) ;)

So 91 to go
Say, 1 per 4 energy = 5 per hour (being generous here ;) )
91/5 = 18.2 hrs
Yep , you're almost there !

You, and everyone who makes it, will deserve your membership badge and, if it's like the scouts, an extra one for perseverance :)

The number decreased to 74 now :o 1 per 4 energy is generous :) I have some Ali so it should be less than 1 day but it all depends on luck :p I used 40 energy and got 11 leaves (my best record) then got 2 leaves from 19 energy

And I could be bothered fini....

Now, what was I doing before? oh yes, rubbing hands together with excitement, housework
Love it :D You must did lots of housework ;) it releases some pressures for sure lol

yummy_bistro
04-24-17, 08:09 PM
tea party lv 6 and struggling
so hard to get red petals and not enough energy
and too many diar boars!

PrincessCupOButter
04-24-17, 08:21 PM
tea party lv 6 and struggling
so hard to get red petals and not enough energy
and too many diar boars!

I always park a monster somewhere away from where I need to collect. I find it's a real energy saver during these events. Set up some tall grass away from your ponds, rocks, mushrooms, etc and chop those until you trigger a raccoon, then leave him there and collect your tea leaves and clay without having to keep fighting boars. Or, if you trigger a direboar, leave him and collect elsewhere.
Hope your red petals increase, I got a decent return from chopping the grass. Much better than the pink petals for sure.
Good luck!

PrincessCupOButter
04-24-17, 08:23 PM
And I couldn't be bothered fini....

:D Love it!!

35 more tea party collections until the peacock, then I can stop watching the clock!

Den8137259
04-24-17, 10:05 PM
★ eyes on the peacock (: stay, don't poof please lol ★

cavegirl1
04-24-17, 10:16 PM
35 more tea party collections until the peacock, then I can stop watching the clock!

The end is in sight, maybe just a bit out of focus still :). 29 more for me. Wont be able to get on the game much Fri-Sun (Oz time) so probably won't get the peacock until after that

Alohatami
04-25-17, 12:41 AM
I wish I could give my 45 Spring Petals to someone. I'll be lucky to upgrade my Tea Party to Level 7 before the end. In my game they're a byproduct of chopping grass for red petals, but it seems sad that they'll go to waste.

xellosspoo
04-25-17, 01:32 AM
Are you kidding me??? What is the point of a quest saying "give red, blue or purple petals...", if the stupid thing is only going to take red petals that I need to make more red dye? Why don't you takr any of the 99 blue or purple petals I have? I already have used my 99 ready made red dye and have had to use my store of 99 red petals to keep making more red dye. If I it had said "red petals (only)" before clicking the give button, I wouldn't have clicked give! Ugh! So frustrated.

To be fair, I've been generally able to play every 2-3 hours, which is the only reason I'm as far as I am. I think this whole arc is way too heavily dependant on red petals/dye. Too much red.

FreddieTeddy
04-25-17, 03:11 AM
Anyone on ideas on how to get more tea leaves, I'm really struggling to find more than 1 each time I collect from my mushrooms. I'm not even at level 8 yet it's been so bad! I will buy a few more to see if it helps.

xellosspoo
04-25-17, 03:23 AM
Anyone on ideas on how to get more tea leaves, I'm really struggling to find more than 1 each time I collect from my mushrooms. I'm not even at level 8 yet it's been so bad! I will buy a few more to see if it helps.

I don't think there's not much more you can do than just sink energy into it. With 40 energy I usually averaged between 4-6 tea leaves. Sometimes it was more. Sometimes it was less. You just have to keep doing it every 2 hours. :S Sorry, I couldn't offer more.

rulerofjennyville
04-25-17, 03:58 AM
I'm going to level up to 8 and then give up. I'm just going for the community prize - there's no way I'm going to get the peacock. Ironically I was the one pushing for them to make a peacock. If they did get the idea from me it was the only time they ever listened to me. And there's no way I can get it.

PolarDini
04-25-17, 04:51 AM
So, the energy requirements didn't throw me off necessarily. I think I'm a pretty average level 50: I have Wizard Schools, daily Ali's/Alicolts, and go on Adventures for the extra energy and Gems.

The petal requirement however is the game changer for me.
(I started out with 99 petals and maybe 20ish Red Inks in my inventory)

I adjusted the table (ty btw Shib and others who contributed to it) since I'm halfway to level 7 but going forward:
L8 -> 25 Dye -> 150 Red Petals
L9 -> 30 Dye -> 180 Red Petals
L10 - > 40 Dye -> 240 Red Petals
That's 570 Petals divided by my 17 days left of the event = 33 Red Petals needed (to collect) per day.

I have One Trillium, 2 Multi-colour Hedges, Flower Power Ali's, Autumn Carriage, Romantic Larkspur, Faerie Flowerbed, Witch Alicolt (and also collect from Ivy's Hut and chop tall grass) and there is no way i'll be able to gather 30+ petals per day - everyday - until the event ends (not with my job anyways).

If it were any other type of Ink I could see it being doable for me and I would just have to eat the Energy requirements, but being the rarer Red Petals...

I probably don't have to mention Spring Petals either since I currently only have a handful after dutiful Grass chopping :P

What helped me collect red.petals faster is I collected from my red trillium shrub made in the arboretum. It drops 3-6 red petals every 20 min. This saves energy and time as well as cutting frustration in half for this event! Granted it does take 22 hours to create the shrub but it's worth it for those who have 3 red trillium plants to their name. Good luck!

PolarDini
04-25-17, 04:54 AM
I'm going to level up to 8 and then give up. I'm just going for the community prize - there's no way I'm going to get the peacock. Ironically I was the one pushing for them to make a peacock. If they did get the idea from me it was the only time they ever listened to me. And there's no way I can get it.

I wonder if the peacock is designed the same as the Arabian nights event peacock from last year... hmm

ktorewqas
04-25-17, 05:57 AM

I don't think there's not much more you can do than just sink energy into it. With 40 energy I usually averaged between 4-6 tea leaves. Sometimes it was more. Sometimes it was less. You just have to keep doing it every 2 hours. :S Sorry, I couldn't offer more.
All depend on luck. This morning, I spent twice 40 energy and got 13 in total. The drop rate is about 16%. Yesterday I got luck on one round for getting 11 tea leaves from 40 energy

OzFamily
04-25-17, 06:00 AM

What I've been doing is focusing my morning energy on cutting tall grass/tapping ponds, and my afternoon energy on the mushrooms/ponds. I'm at maybe lvl 8.3. I have only 7 seven mushroom varieties out, but they revive pretty quickly, and that may help, too- collecting from the same plant more often. I sometimes get 1 every 7, sometimes 3 or 4, and every once in a while, zero.

Hope this helps!

(Oh, my afternoons are often more free to check in on the game- that may make a difference, and you may want to tailor my plan to fit your schedule)

Tinks1950
04-25-17, 07:52 AM
I've been playing CS since the beginning and never new there were shortcuts for getting things like the Peacock without finishing levels in the main goal! That being said, not sure it's achievable . Then again it took me a year to find and join the forum! Thanks to Gardenia (Spiritwind) ��

AinoDK
04-25-17, 08:52 AM
Welll I'm now halfway to lvl 10, it shouldn't take more than 4 days tops to get there. And even if I stay on lvl 9 I can get the peacock by collecting 5 times per day.

I haven't spend any gems or bought any packs, but I do have some daily and weekly alis.

So why am I joining the 10 club? Only because there is nothing else to do. Between events I find it harder and harder to motivate myself to log in. Maybe we should start a new thread with ideas for continuation of the story line, as S8 staff seem to have run out of ideas

rainsunset
04-25-17, 10:01 AM
Welll I'm now halfway to lvl 10, it shouldn't take more than 4 days tops to get there. And even if I stay on lvl 9 I can get the peacock by collecting 5 times per day.

I haven't spend any gems or bought any packs, but I do have some daily and weekly alis.

So why am I joining the 10 club? Only because there is nothing else to do. Between events I find it harder and harder to motivate myself to log in. Maybe we should start a new thread with ideas for continuation of the story line, as S8 staff seem to have run out of ideas

Totally agree with you!
I have nothing to do at CS except doing this tedious event. I'm bored to cut grass and collect from ponds and mushrooms but I don't have any other goals.

tromalyt
04-25-17, 10:49 AM

Honestly, I believe they lowered the drop rate.

kattkrazie
04-25-17, 10:53 AM

Nah, Northwoods Kingdom lobbied the staff for a peacock for years. When the blue peacock was released, we pretty much attributed it to her efforts (since she IS the Grand Poobah!). ;) Then this new peacock is just a color variation of the blue one which has become commonplace for the developers lately. But it's gorgeous, so no complaints from me about the re-release.

Cesar49
04-25-17, 11:14 AM
Do not waste 30 gems on the spring flower. I bought it 4 days ago and have collected from it every 14 hours, and got precisely ONE Spring petal. It gives blue and white petals as well, but I'm maxed out on those so I'm getting nothing for my gems. Absolute waste of money. :mad:

darthkris
04-25-17, 11:28 AM
I will update my table to level 8 today and that will be it.
I am sick of collecting from mushrooms and ponds, chopping rocks and grass.
Hopefully I will get the peacock nevertheless.
I have a life besides this game and can't check on it every two hours.
The droprates especially for the tea leaves is really really poor.
Good luck to everyone who goes for level 10.

Sirelie
04-25-17, 11:34 AM
Do not waste 30 gems on the spring flower. I bought it 4 days ago and have collected from it every 14 hours, and got precisely ONE Spring petal. It gives blue and white petals as well, but I'm maxed out on those so I'm getting nothing for my gems. Absolute waste of money. :mad:

I buy sping flower, because I like flowers, and spring flower is nice (for my opinion). Spring flower gave me spring petals in cca 30%.

I am in lv 9, but I would like to join "club lv 10". I try... I have all spring petals and I cook final sweet... one unicorn gave me today 100 energy, but... I still miss 17 tea settings and 12 teas. Uch. Leaves and clays are very energy arduous too.

Now I have 1481 teacups, I hope I will gain peacock, it is possible... 4-5 tap on tea party table every day.

Nikospets
04-25-17, 11:42 AM
I have to commend all those that have made it to L8 and beyond! I personally don't know how you have accomplished it! I have spent days trying to complete L7 and collecting enough clay to make 20 tea settings! This seems to be a impossible task! Congrats to those that have accomplished finishing the event and thank you to those who worked ahead and gave us all the valuable information!

ktorewqas
04-25-17, 12:17 PM
Nah, Northwoods Kingdom lobbied the staff for a peacock for years. When the blue peacock was released, we pretty much attributed it to her efforts (since she IS the Grand Poobah!). ;) Then this new peacock is just a color variation of the blue one which has become commonplace for the developers lately. But it's gorgeous, so no complaints from me about the re-release.you have lots of that pretty peacock :rolleyes: I remember NW begging (yes, begging lol) for releasing a peacock pet ;)

ktorewqas
04-25-17, 12:20 PM
I'm almost done the upgrading :D after an hour, I will collect the very last 2 tea then I will be happy, super happy after banging my head on the brick walls :cool: -> a long time banging lol

planetyarnia
04-25-17, 12:41 PM
These quests always take up masses of energy right?!
Well,this is a question about not only this quest but all others..
What is your protocol for clearing your kingdom when you are struggling for energy?!!
Its just that I have no energy to clear-like most of my neighbours!-but have now been deleted by a neighbour because of this!!Also despite visiting daily I have had no hearts to collect and...shock/horror am now 3 in social rating instead of my usual 4...Go figure!
It so shouldnt upset me but it kinda has-always liked to think I was a good friend to my neighbours,but ..am I wrong?
Should I leave energy left to clear(despite 40 energy for 1 spring petal!!)
Got me thinking...
Always had such a wonderful dialogue with all my neighbours but so didnt see this coming..
Anyways,quest protocol advice very welcome!
On the plus side-reckon I just might do this quest without using any gems or spending money..
On the downside will probably be deleted by everyone!Aaargh!

cheers196
04-25-17, 12:56 PM
I made it to level 10 in both of my kingdoms!! I was seriously doubting if it was even possible this time. I decided to try just to see if I could. I didn't use any gems or money to do it either. I have 3 weekly ali and an energy horse in each kingdom and 9 daily Ali in one and 11 in the other but I didn't spend a dime to get them so it really can be done without spending any money. I do have many energy crates in storage but I didn't use any of them, btw. I will be able to get the peacock by the end of tomorrow, I think. Many thanks to all of you who went advance and gave us the info and useful tips and, of course you, SW!!

darthkris
04-25-17, 01:35 PM
I made it to level 10 in both of my kingdoms!! I was seriously doubting if it was even possible this time. I decided to try just to see if I could. I didn't use any gems or money to do it either. I have 3 weekly ali and an energy horse in each kingdom and 9 daily Ali in one and 11 in the other but I didn't spend a dime to get them so it really can be done without spending any money. I do have many energy crates in storage but I didn't use any of them, btw. I will be able to get the peacock by the end of tomorrow, I think. Many thanks to all of you who went advance and gave us the info and useful tips and, of course you, SW!!

Congratulations!
I am at level 7, only three spring petals away to level 8.
How often did you play?

PrincessCupOButter
04-25-17, 01:37 PM
What is your protocol for clearing your kingdom when you are struggling for energy?!!
Its just that I have no energy to clear-like most of my neighbours!-but have now been deleted by a neighbour because of this!!Also despite visiting daily I have had no hearts to collect and...shock/horror am now 3 in social rating instead of my usual 4...Go figure!
It so shouldnt upset me but it kinda has-always liked to think I was a good friend to my neighbours,but ..am I wrong?
Got me thinking...
Always had such a wonderful dialogue with all my neighbours but so didnt see this coming..
On the plus side-reckon I just might do this quest without using any gems or spending money..
On the downside will probably be deleted by everyone!Aaargh!

My protocol for clearing during events like this is to collect from my 'must haves' (for me that would golden mines and the cabbage hut) and leave the rest of the energy for the event.

First off, I must say that I don't think it's a very "good" neighbor who would delete someone during an event like this just because there are no hearts to clear, or because a social ranking dropped down a notch. Most people aren't tapping on farmhouses, etc when an event is this energy intense. Good neighbors understand that. Plus, it seems like most players would want neighbors who are active during events like this due to the required neighbor requests.

However, if you want to make sure you have hearts for neighbors to collect, each time you check in, put some non essential buildings in storage and place them again immediately. That will reset the timers and your neighbors should find hearts.

If you'd like to increase your social ranking again, go to the community and visit a few non neighbor kingdoms. Keeping in mind, hearts will probably be scarce there too, for anyone who is actively participating in the event.

danzplace
04-25-17, 02:22 PM
My spring petal drop is about 1 in 50 and only 2 from my flower. :-(

ktorewqas
04-25-17, 02:34 PM
I'm officially in club level 10 :o now I only need to collect for peacock (need 30 times still )

alexium
04-25-17, 02:45 PM
Well I think I have played fairly often - every day, several times a day but I am on L7 and don't think I'll get much further. I have not had petal drops for days, and I just did my morning check and did not get enough clay or tea leaves to craft anything new. Congratulations to those who've had success but my drop rates have ensured I will get zero out of this event. I just missed the last peacock and will not get anywhere near this one. Like many others I think this event is one of the most boring and tedious ever put up. The last few events have all been similar - there is nothing new in this game anymore. The storyline is defunct - gone, non-existent, faded away, and instead we are given these boring, repetitive events made impossible for the average player to complete due to low drop rates of resources. If this is all S8 has to offer I will not play much longer - only my great neighbours keep me going.

SpiritWind00
04-25-17, 02:50 PM
I'm officially in club level 10 :o now I only need to collect for peacock (need 30 times still )
Big congratulations! ;)

I'm just over half way in L10 now with the 2 tea items plus I need 3 sweets. I have the sugar and flour ready, but am concentrating on ponds and mushies first. Using my 1 Spring flower for the sweets, so happy to wait. Just hit 1200 teacups. Need to check I'm on track for finishing that part, but happy to part with a few gems to speed up the tea party.

Remember to check the math section on page 1 if you need to...

cavegirl1
04-25-17, 04:26 PM
I've been playing CS since the beginning and never new there were shortcuts for getting things like the Peacock without finishing levels in the main goal! That being said, not sure it's achievable . Then again it took me a year to find and join the forum! Thanks to Gardenia (Spiritwind) ��

Not every event has options/shortcuts to get some prizes without completing all goals. I think it is mainly (from memory ...) the community type events that give this ability, as the individual prizes we can get are separate to the overall goal line.

cavegirl1
04-25-17, 04:32 PM
My protocol for clearing during events like this is to collect from my 'must haves' (for me that would golden mines and the cabbage hut) and leave the rest of the energy for the event.

First off, I must say that I don't think it's a very "good" neighbor who would delete someone during an event like this just because there are no hearts to clear, or because a social ranking dropped down a notch. Most people aren't tapping on farmhouses, etc when an event is this energy intense. Good neighbors understand that. Plus, it seems like most players would want neighbors who are active during events like this due to the required neighbor requests.

Agree with both of these.

You can, if you want to, drop by your nbrs and leave a message (or leave a message on your own wall) saying you will be focusing on the event. (I use the latter when I am not going to be playing for a while.) But as PCoB (hope that's okay :) ) said , good nbrs will understand without this.

cavegirl1
04-25-17, 04:48 PM

I think this is a great idea - at the very least it would be interesting reading, while waiting :)

I'm almost done the upgrading :D after an hour, I will collect the very last 2 tea then I will be happy, super happy after banging my head on the brick walls :cool: -> a long time banging lol

Congrats - and I've heard them say black and blue is the new black ... ;).

ktorewqas
04-25-17, 05:22 PM
Big congratulations! ;)

I'm just over half way in L10 now with the 2 tea items plus I need 3 sweets. I have the sugar and flour ready, but am concentrating on ponds and mushies first. Using my 1 Spring flower for the sweets, so happy to wait. Just hit 1200 teacups. Need to check I'm on track for finishing that part, but happy to part with a few gems to speed up the tea party.

Remember to check the math section on page 1 if you need to...
thank you very much! <3 the math section is very helpful and gotta say that I love your new page 1 design :D

ktorewqas
04-25-17, 05:23 PM
Congrats - and I've heard them say black and blue is the new black ... ;).
thank you ! I think I have all the color lol

cheers196
04-25-17, 05:24 PM
Congratulations!
I am at level 7, only three spring petals away to level 8.
How often did you play?

Thanks! I played very diligently. It is usually easy for me to check in at least every 2 hours when I am awake and I use up 40 plus two wizard school energy if I get up to go to bathroom at night during invents.

yummy_bistro
04-25-17, 09:02 PM
I played every day, every 15 mins or whenever

But I am just at lv 7 for the tea party thing

lacking energy
need clay, tea, petals :(

Should I continue, I have another 7 days to finish

RevdKathy
04-25-17, 10:29 PM
I'm stuck on level eight. I was doing OK till I got there, then the drop rates mysteriously plummeted. I suspect something to do with the timed goal I had no intention of attempting, though my work being stupid hours probably didn't help. Pretty sure I won't finish now, nor get the peacock. Maybe I'll make club 9. It might be a useful idea if we could dismiss timed goals we aren't going to try for so they don't choke the drops.

At this point I'm teaching myself to not really care, which may not be a good thing long term. I'm up to date with the story now, so there's nothing else to care about.

AinoDK
04-25-17, 10:49 PM
It so shouldnt upset me but it kinda has-always liked to think I was a good friend to my neighbours,but ..am I wrong?!

Everyone have different ways of playing. Personally I couldn't care less about social rating. Currently I'm visiting to get the extra energy, otherwise I rarely visit. But I answer requests quickly. I only collect from items for the drops, during events that means only cabbage hut, golden mines, castles, wizard schools, alis and event-related items. If I get deleted for that so be it.

I'm sending you an invite, feel free to accept or not based on the above. And don't feel bad for one not-understanding neighbor deleting you :)

HuckleTown
04-25-17, 10:56 PM
Everyone have different ways of playing. Personally I couldn't care less about social rating. Currently I'm visiting to get the extra energy, otherwise I rarely visit. But I answer requests quickly. I only collect from items for the drops, during events that means only cabbage hut, golden mines, castles, wizard schools, alis and event-related items. If I get deleted for that so be it.

I'm sending you an invite, feel free to accept or not based on the above. And don't feel bad for one not-understanding neighbor deleting you :)

I'm like you, Aino. I stopped visiting because it is so time intensive. My neighbors seem to understand and I respond to requests as soon as I get them. I also gift back those who gift me and send to one or two new ones each week to see if they are active/gifting.

planetyarnia
04-25-17, 11:05 PM
Awe thank you everyone-just checked in to find three new neighbour requests and lovely messages too!
So thanks to this forum I am feeling so much better about the whole game today.....Now back to mushrooms for me!
Big thanks for the support ��

SpiritWind00
04-26-17, 12:00 AM
Lots of players here who understand you completely. My social rating is always around 1 as my device crashes so much. I have literally 4 or 5 buildings out that you can 'heart'. We all play differently and that's ok. Im very glad to see you've found some wonderful new friends from here. Our forum castle community is awesome.... Don't forget the Add Me forum if you need more neighbors. http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Castle-Story-Add-Me

Zummat
04-26-17, 07:14 AM
I'm not going to even try to finish the tea party. I'm at level 9 but its excruciatingly slow trying to collect tea, spring petal and I hate all the wasted energy harvesting wheat for the high number of flour needed to make the sweet treats. Plus it put making items for quests to get more energy and gems on hold so it's a catch 22. I wish CS would allow gem gifts from neighbors like DS and FF. I quit visiting neighbors a while ago. I will gift back if soneone sends me something but I don't ever need any of the gifts CS allows us to send to each other. Maybe I'll win the peacock maybe I won't but at this point I don't really care.

amerirish
04-26-17, 08:02 AM
I am sorry if I missed this on the first page, but does anyone have the drop rates for the tea party? I just passed 1,200 for the 4th prize and found out that I need to double that for the peacock :mad:

Right now mine is at level 8 - struggling to get to level 9 and doubt very much I'll make it to 10 in time for it to matter. I keep plugging away though :(

PrincessCupOButter
04-26-17, 08:39 AM
I am sorry if I missed this on the first page, but does anyone have the drop rates for the tea party? I just passed 1,200 for the 4th prize and found out that I need to double that for the peacock :mad:

Right now mine is at level 8 - struggling to get to level 9 and doubt very much I'll make it to 10 in time for it to matter. I keep plugging away though :(

Drops from the Tea Party
Level 1: 1
Level 2: 2
Level 3: 4
Level 4: 6
Level 5: 9
Level 6: 12
Level 7: 16
Level 8: 20
Level 9: 25
Level 10: 30

If you can manage a minimum of 8 collections per day, possibly speeding up a couple on the last day (depending on when the timer ends) it is possible to get the peacock with level 8.

amerirish
04-26-17, 10:31 AM
Drops from the Tea Party
Level 1: 1
Level 2: 2
Level 3: 4
Level 4: 6
Level 5: 9
Level 6: 12
Level 7: 16
Level 8: 20
Level 9: 25
Level 10: 30

If you can manage a minimum of 8 collections per day, possibly speeding up a couple on the last day (depending on when the timer ends) it is possible to get the peacock with level 8.

Thank you so much for posting this and for the advice :) I'm pretty sure I will be able to upgrade to 9 today so that will help a little :)

ladyperidot
04-26-17, 10:32 AM
Is it just me or have the drop rates really plummetted???

ktorewqas
04-26-17, 01:07 PM
Got me thinking...
On the downside will probably be deleted by everyone!Aaargh!we are neighbors until we stop playing cs :) you are the best neighbor ! Don't be upset. I was deleted because that I couldn't keep my social rating at 4 hearts. I am okay with that. We play with friends who are alike <3

ktorewqas
04-26-17, 01:09 PM
Lots of players here who understand you completely. My social rating is always around 1 as my device crashes so much. I have literally 4 or 5 buildings out that you can 'heart'. We all play differently and that's ok. Im very glad to see you've found some wonderful new friends from here. Our forum castle community is awesome.... Don't forget the Add Me forum if you need more neighbors. http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Castle-Story-Add-Memy game crashes a lot when I visit my neighbors too. Most times, the neighbors have lots of decorations especially NW lol

Jinc4
04-26-17, 01:26 PM
Yay, completed L10...gosh that was hard work.

And just after I put ALL my ponds away...those pesky elves wanted 45 blue fish.....

msmorg
04-26-17, 02:01 PM
Will the tall grass drop petals if there is a monster on the board? I get a racoon or monster almost every tap and its eating all my energy so I parked one but haven't gotten any petals since.

Jinc4
04-26-17, 02:03 PM
Will the tall grass drop petals if there is a monster on the board? I get a racoon or monster almost every tap and its eating all my energy so I parked one but haven't gotten any petals since.

yes it will - I kept a monster out most of the time

msmorg
04-26-17, 02:05 PM
Thanks!

PurpleScorpion76
04-26-17, 02:18 PM
Ok, so I've made a decision, I'm going to upgrade to level 9 and then stop. It's taken me all day to collect the leaves and clay to make 2 tea settings and 3 teas and to collect 11 spring petals. So that's a total of 36 leaves + 20 clay and 11 petals = 67 items from over 400 energy. With 7 days remaining. Based on these figures with 7 days I would make 21 teas, 14 tea settings and 77 petals which I think is more than I would need in petals (oh hang on isn't it 5 for sweets). Sure I could keep slogging away using energy to make the 40 tea settings is it? But realistically I just don't think it can be done. And do you know what, I just don't want to. With 6 collections a day I can get the peacock which is what I really want anyway. I've still got 1 tea setting and 2 teas to make. I think my downfall was not being able to restock my red dye in time from the last event wasn't that just a couple of months ago. But these numbers were ridiculous. And seriously why not the purple, blue or yellow dye!?! And why so many needed? I play every day, every 2 hours now, as I work from home. I have two Wizard Schools one 40 energy horse and around 7 Ali's that give me 4-10 energy daily. No bought Ali's. How any one who doesn't gem or buy 7 day Ali's is supposed to finish is anyone's guess. I'll happily spend the next 6 days (after I've upgraded) to restock my low resources. But won't be needing mushrooms anytime soon. Lately the Elves only want mushrooms with red petals, or sugar or some other vital resource needed during this event I try to build up trade tickets something that usually goes quite well with timed events. Not this time. I'm fully levelled up. Maybe I'd scrape through, but with less than 24 hours to the next event (who knows maybe we'll get a weeks break) after the event is finished. I needed a break. I'll be just as happy with a 2 week break.

cyndora
04-26-17, 02:30 PM
i somehow managed to collect 4 ( i dont know what they are ) for the community event thing. ( did not participate in this event ) my question is....will the peacock go on sale AFTER the event? im trying to conserve my sanity , so im not really playing that much anymore. i do tap everyday , just once mostly, but i still enjoy decorating my kingdom. and the peacock is kinda pretty....

AngieA67
04-26-17, 03:02 PM
Just spent 30 energy on mushrooms and got one tea leaf and two dire boars...what in the name of all that's holy are these programmers thinking??????

ironbull2
04-26-17, 05:38 PM
My S8 days seems to change constantly. For things like neighbor requests, resetting getting energy from visiting neighbors it is always 2am CST. However, this morning I waited until after I woke up to upgrade my tea party to level 8 so I could have the majority of the three day timer for the bonus goal. I upgraded it at 6am CST and it said I had three days. Two hours later it said I only had two days left. That was the quickest day ever! Also my timer for the total event had 8 days left but clicked to 7 days left at 5pm CST. Shouldn't the start of the day be consistent? I realize they are probably just trying to short me time so I will spend money on finishing this quest but this is ridiculous especially considering the dismal drops. The last four hours I have spend 80 energy on mushrooms and only received 5 tea leaves so I would really like my full time to finish!

coolssp
04-26-17, 06:15 PM
Ok, I'm officially giving up :( I've been playing diligently and part 3 of the timed goal was my first where I didn't finish. In the last day and a half, I've been able to collect 4, yes 4 petals :) I'd made 2 sweets previously so no way I can make another 8 (5*8=40). Just before I logged into the forum, I cleared 50 tall patches of grass and cleared one gem flower but no petal!!!! Although I'm maxed out on building materials n potions n feasts and I've nothing to do, I'm quitting :( I'll try for the peacock but not speeding up

cng500
04-26-17, 07:09 PM
My first time to post and participate in an event with any knowledge of what it was about - I found the event was tough to collect resources and used up so much energy you wasted a lot of resources. it would be nice if all the resources like stones could be used, as side collateral to the process of collecting the main resource like clay - how wasteful. - how about if we just created a decoration with the extra \i ended up not even being able to store it and look at me now, after the event - \i'm buying resources. The timing was off for me - \i collected lots of red petals at first then had days with nothing when \i really needed it. So much so \i could not level up the tea house and even meet the posted bonus reward. Whats with that? - \if your going to have an event, allow the embers to get something cool. they can actually attain. I don't have gems and couldn't buy a red trillium which being fairly new to game, I snoozed through that - a bonus offer/ reminder would have been helpful as \i only happened to find this forum to make comments on. I like the game but am finding it ponderous. Hope you all did well in the event. Someone said they got level 8 for tea set - goof for you - i died at level 2 or 3. It would be nice to continue to upgrade after the event but \i guess thats not possible. Too bad. Anyone know what you get at each level of the teahouse? I can't seem to find that sort of base knowledge. Its hard to think of game strategy when you don't know what the result of your action is. Anyway the tea house is pretty.

yummy_bistro
04-26-17, 07:33 PM
I will stop at lv 8 for tea party

too tedious and I don't have any ali, witch craft school

surviving on the normal energy yet dire boar triggered too often or fangbeast

SpiritWind00
04-26-17, 07:59 PM
.... Anyone know what you get at each level of the teahouse? I can't seem to find that sort of base knowledge. Its hard to think of game strategy when you don't know what the result of your action is. Anyway the tea house is pretty.
Welcome to the forum! :) You get 1000 coins at each level for the Tea Party. Events are all different, some have coin only, but the amount of coins you get increases at each level. sometimes if you level up to the highest level, the building/item will have resource drops. You will find this information in the Building Guide (link below) and in post 1 of a thread. Hope that helps.

AuntyRose32
04-26-17, 09:02 PM

Wow.... two kingdoms at level 10 and peacocks, with time to spare! Congratulations to you! That's kinda mind blowing to me, I've no idea how you managed that at all. To complete this event in one kingdom is amazing but two.... that's a whole other level of dedication.

I'm level 6 and shall be staying level 6, I made one tea for level 7 and that right there was enough to make me stop. I have absolutely no desire to make tea or tea settings... 20 tea settings needed for level 7, nope. Spring petals are just a rumour in my Queendom.... I hear about them but never see them! Tea leaves are not much better. I so desperately wanted that peacock (I don't have the other one) but alas it's not meant to be, so I've made my peace with it. He will have to fan his tail elsewhere I'm afraid.

cheers196
04-26-17, 09:20 PM
Thanks, AuntyRose. I can be a little bit obsessive sometimes. :)

So, I collected from my peacock for the first time aaaand I got an egg!!

etchedintime
04-26-17, 10:17 PM
I have loved playing cs for years now , but I find that S8need to have a good look at what they are doing, it's my choice to play, I know , but I'm over the quests, when you need items the items you need stop dropping , the amount of things you need to collect ie. clay blocks , tea leaves , red petals, etc , I can go through 40 energy and not even get 10 clay blocks , and then the time and amount you have to do , bit silly ,
I feel myself that soon I won't even be bothered playing the game , but that's my choice , all I'm asking is please be reasonable Storm 8

cheers196
04-26-17, 10:33 PM
Drop from the peacock in my other kingdom: an egg and a roasted chicken...

Cafferati1
04-27-17, 02:32 AM
I've been at level 9 for days and can't bring myself to finish.

cavegirl1
04-27-17, 02:54 AM
I've been at level 9 for days and can't bring myself to finish.

There are a heap of us who stopped at lvl 9, so you are not alone :) Hope you can get the peacock, that is all I am aiming for.

rulerofjennyville
04-27-17, 03:29 AM
I've gotten to level 7 with the tea party and 480 with the teacups. I don't think I'll get any further than 500. Once again another competition I can't win.

FreddieTeddy
04-27-17, 03:36 AM
Thanks for responding, I bought a few more mushrooms and they seem to give more tea leaves than my older ones.

AnnirasSweets
04-27-17, 05:02 AM
I just upgrading to level 10 and I am super embarrassed by how loud my victory shout was. I knew it would be gruesome but wow! I've never had to give myself so many pep talks to finish anything, let alone a game, lol.
I definitely wouldn't have been able to complete this without all the amazing help from this forum and the awesome player tips/math/general info.
I wish everyone luck on reaching their goal whatever it is.

janddolphins
04-27-17, 05:21 AM
The other day I got a new quest in my book called Animal Accomadations. It doesn't seem to fit this event but figured I would check as I don't see any threads on it. Is it from this event or is it a random single quest of its own or part of something else that I am forgetting. There is no timer on it so I will wait to do it, just curious where it came from as I don't think it's this event, but I always have an empty book.

Thanks!

PrincessCupOButter
04-27-17, 05:39 AM
The other day I got a new quest in my book called Animal Accomadations. It doesn't seem to fit this event but figured I would check as I don't see any threads on it. Is it from this event or is it a random single quest of its own or part of something else that I am forgetting. There is no timer on it so I will wait to do it, just curious where it came from as I don't think it's this event, but I always have an empty book.

Thanks!

Did you buy a faerie skunkhouse? It's part of the faerie skunkhouse goals.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-New-CS-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1364421&viewfull=1#post1364421

See post #54 part 4

storiadelcastello
04-27-17, 06:52 AM
Other than making sugar (very energy intensive) 75 sugar cane per sweet, what else gives sugar please. I was maxed on sugar and sugar cane but am rapidly using up my resources but can't remember what drops sugar

Yay 2 sugars from vineyard estate. That's 10 less sugarcane. Happy dance
OMG I need to get a real life :). Good luck to all those who are striving for level 10. If I don't make it I won't have spent any gems so no big loss. I will be happy if I get the peacock, just because it's pretty and hopefully gives seeds so I can get more energy elixir for the next crazy event.

azami1966
04-27-17, 07:00 AM
I get more from the ponds than I do chopping from rocks and it only takes 10 minutes for the pond to recharge. I I don't know if I will continue with the tea party each upgrade is more and more tea set and petals and invites when I'm off from work I can play all day and do what is needed.

AinoDK
04-27-17, 08:25 AM
Other than making sugar (very energy intensive) 75 sugar cane per sweet, what else gives sugar please. I was maxed on sugar and sugar cane but am rapidly using up my resources but can't remember what drops sugar

OMG I need to get a real life :). Good luck to all those who are striving for level 10. If I don't make it I won't have spent any gems so no big loss. I will be happy if I get the peacock, just because it's pretty and hopefully gives seeds so I can get more energy elixir for the next crazy event.

Do you have any silver and bronze elven tokens? I''ve used some to make Nimble farmer and Harvest champion boost simultaneously, lasting 3 hours. First harvest a field full of sugar. Then plant a suitable mix of sugar and wheat. You will have time to harvest either one batch of sugar or two batches of wheat. Of course it requires a load of energy, so if possible coordinate it with a weekly ali, if you have any of these. Alternatively when your castle is ready with an adventure.

AinoDK
04-27-17, 08:31 AM
I'm almost at lvl 10, 4 more settings, 2 more tea, sweets are ready.

I assume the drops will stop once I upgrade? So I should hold back until I have the souveniers?

No it's not that I want something to help me remember the event(!), but I do appreciate the graphics - or maybe that's just an excuse to cover up my addiction

riverly
04-27-17, 08:44 AM
I feel like an ex-smoker sneaking a cigarette. I said I was going to stop at L 9 , but now I'm seeing how far I can get on L 10. There is nothing else to do in my game right now. Good grief! I'm not spending any money on this event though, just time. RL takes priority over this event and I am not stressing. All is good.

kattkrazie
04-27-17, 09:17 AM

The milk and egg trade in the Royal Exchange drops sugar and flour. The alicolts, Clydesdales, and regular horses are a good source for sugar as well. If you have the Satyr, he drops sugar most times. I'm sure there are other sources, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck.

PrincessCupOButter
04-27-17, 09:17 AM
I feel like an ex-smoker sneaking a cigarette. I said I was going to stop at L 9 , but now I'm seeing how far I can get on L 10. There is nothing else to do in my game right now. Good grief! I'm not spending any money on this event though, just time. RL takes priority over this event and I am not stressing. All is good.

Lol! The thought occurred to me for about 10 seconds. That's about the time it took to collect from a few mushrooms and get zero tea leaves! It cured me right away, worked better than a nicotine patch! ;) I've been concentrating on replenishing my red dye, and doing a few trades with the greedy elves., and restocking from those. (Much to my surprise, I'm up to 8 gold runes toward another rainbow ali!) Oh, and collecting for the peacock of course.
Good luck to all who are soldiering on!

PrincessCelestian
04-27-17, 09:30 AM
My S8 days seems to change constantly. For things like neighbor requests, resetting getting energy from visiting neighbors it is always 2am CST. However, this morning I waited until after I woke up to upgrade my tea party to level 8 so I could have the majority of the three day timer for the bonus goal. I upgraded it at 6am CST and it said I had three days. Two hours later it said I only had two days left. That was the quickest day ever! Also my timer for the total event had 8 days left but clicked to 7 days left at 5pm CST. Shouldn't the start of the day be consistent? I realize they are probably just trying to short me time so I will spend money on finishing this quest but this is ridiculous especially considering the dismal drops. The last four hours I have spend 80 energy on mushrooms and only received 5 tea leaves so I would really like my full time to finish!

Mine did the same thing. My only guess is that they are running on the "update" day of 4pm est and not the storybook day of 4am

PrincessCelestian
04-27-17, 09:42 AM
I am pretty much set to hit the level 10 club in the next day or so. 8 more teas and one more sweet to go. The sweets have actually been my easiest part of this level. I started an early on strategy, (which may not help anyone now but might) of doing a few mornings (when I collect from my daily Alis) and running a harvest champion boost and a nimble farmer boost. I would do sugar cane and wheat only until I was maxed and then let my kitchens spend the day making the sugar and flour. Once I hit level 10, I only needed to do that once more to get all of the needed ingredients so I just had to focus on petals. And I did that slowly as I was making tea sets and tea. Really tea has been my most frustrating part. Anyway, this little strategy might still help some people that are looking to join the level 10 club in the last few days.

Oh and as much as I was enjoying this event in the beginning, I am finding it pretty tedious and boring now.

riverly
04-27-17, 10:13 AM
Lol! The thought occurred to me for about 10 seconds. That's about the time it took to collect from a few mushrooms and get zero tea leaves! It cured me right away, worked better than a nicotine patch! ;) I've been concentrating on replenishing my red dye, and doing a few trades with the greedy elves., and restocking from those. (Much to my surprise, I'm up to 8 gold runes toward another rainbow ali!) Oh, and collecting for the peacock of course.
Good luck to all who are soldiering on!i think I'll take a day to replenish and then see how I feel about continuing later. This is such a long event with many days and I'm assuming that there will not be an update today. If there is an update I will be astounded. Blindsided.

Dancemom79
04-27-17, 12:17 PM
I don't find that fighting beasts wastes energy - they drop almost the same amount of energy used, usually only down one or two from starting. The issue is the time. I can't play this game 24-7. I have a life.

Dancemom79
04-27-17, 12:20 PM
"let your kitchens spend the day the making sugar and flour" - which actually means going into the game at least every 1/2 hour. This game requires SO MUCH time in order to be successful. Time or $$ that is. It is so frustrating yet I still keep playing.... :|

Sirelie
04-27-17, 01:23 PM
Uch, hurray! Yippee!
I just finished Tea Party Table lv 10.

I thought it really was not possible. I put all the energy into it, but success.
Fortunately, I had a large supply of flour, sugar and red ink. I will have to add them.

HuckleTown
04-27-17, 01:40 PM
I don't find that fighting beasts wastes energy - they drop almost the same amount of energy used, usually only down one or two from starting. The issue is the time. I can't play this game 24-7. I have a life.
Since during the last event, I've found that my beasts aren't as generous with the energy return. Only the skupine return close to the energy used. Even my fangbeasts are averaging 2 energy returned and more often than not it takes all 5 swipes.

ladyperidot
04-27-17, 01:45 PM
Good luck to all who are soldiering on!

I got to level 8 and have stored my extra ponds and mushrooms. Every time I think, "maybe I should continue to level 9" I look at the requirements and nope, not doing it. I too will be working on restocking and replenishing. If I get the peacock, great. If not, oh well. Gold eggs usually aren't a problem as I collect from chickens regularly (milk and egg trade is my friend), the chickens drop golden eggs more frequently than the mines drop nuggets or trees drop apples

29vanilla
04-27-17, 03:06 PM
So how long does it take to get through L10? I'm thinking at least 6 days? Just got to L9 this morning took a break after L8 and swore I'd be happy with that; but... Didn't want to stress about getting Peacock. So I'm good there. Kicking myself every time I collect from a pond right now. Lol. I think I just need to be happy I got to L9 and be done with it.

I have 2 accounts like many players and I've been able to get the rewards for each in almost every event except this one. Didn't even try the frog event (real life was a priority). So disappointed the route S8 has taken. Please get back to the story line.

On a positive note; new players should at least start this event. I know long term players don't need as many coins but the tea party table is pretty decent coin generator for those who need coins.

Good luck to all! I'll have one peacock and L9 table which is very pretty IMO. My other account will have a L7 table plus the 1200 teacup prize by the end of the event. So I'm happy with that.

janddolphins
04-27-17, 03:36 PM

Thanks!

That would explain it, thank you!

Steffihilson
04-27-17, 04:17 PM
I got to level 9 today and I'm really curious to see if I can finish it. I'm on track for the peacock, so it's not an issue. I will manage with only five collections a day. I'm also ahead of my calculations for the upgrade, so it's a nice surprise, because I was absolutely sure it would be the first event I wasn't able to finish. Now at least I have hope :D

storiadelcastello
04-27-17, 04:19 PM
Do you have any silver and bronze elven tokens? I''ve used some to make Nimble farmer and Harvest champion boost simultaneously, lasting 3 hours. First harvest a field full of sugar. Then plant a suitable mix of sugar and wheat. You will have time to harvest either one batch of sugar or two batches of wheat. Of course it requires a load of energy, so if possible coordinate it with a weekly ali, if you have any of these. Alternatively when your castle is ready with an adventure.
I have 60 sugar cane ready to harvest and my destrier is ready in a couple of days so I'll hopefully get most of what I need with a harvest champion. Have just enough flour so good there. My vineyard is great at least 1-2 sugars every 3 hours

danzplace
04-27-17, 04:52 PM
Stopped at 4, restarted and am content with level 9. Work is crazy not sure I can get the peacock but I will try...

rulerofjennyville
04-27-17, 04:59 PM
I at least got the racoon and the community prize. Am far from happy but it's something.

AnnirasSweets
04-27-17, 07:08 PM
I'm almost at lvl 10, 4 more settings, 2 more tea, sweets are ready.

I assume the drops will stop once I upgrade? So I should hold back until I have the souveniers?

No it's not that I want something to help me remember the event(!), but I do appreciate the graphics - or maybe that's just an excuse to cover up my addiction

Yes, once I upgraded to 10 I lost the ability to craft any of the event items. I'm with you and made sure I had some extras of everything.

SpiritWind00
04-27-17, 08:26 PM
I...AM...DONE!!! The train arrived at level 10 finally!!!! ;) now for the peacock...

No shrieks, but I did grin and sigh when I saw the final upgrade screen with the words Completed on all 4 items.

Big congrats to the couple of players who also just finished too. ;)

hagypagy
04-27-17, 08:56 PM
I...AM...DONE!!! The train arrived at level 10 finally!!!! ;) now for the peacock...

No shrieks, but I did grin and sigh when I saw the final upgrade screen with the words Completed on all 4 items.

Big congrats to the couple of players who also just finished too. ;)

Congrats!! :D🙀❤️ 🦄

Wish I could say the same but I feel like I'm slipping behind :(
Contemplating just stopping as I hit LVL9 ...
I have zero motivation for this one and also thinking I've missed any chance at LVL10 now
Peacock is starting to look unlikely too :(

nadinana
04-27-17, 09:47 PM
Maybe Teacup Fountain can be drops some sugar and syrup or sugar cane and flour....
Useless Teacup Fountain......

RevdKathy
04-27-17, 11:20 PM
I'm debating with myself whether to stop at nine, which I might make today or tomorrow. Since that has taken me 5-6 days, it's pretty clear I won't make 10, and frankly the CBA is setting in. I probably won't get the peacock either way. At which point this entire last fortnight has been a complete waste of time and energy.

Suggest to S8 that they look at making the interim prizes worth having if they're going to make the final prizes so inaccessible. Though come to think of it, the final prize is also pretty worthless.

adekil40
04-28-17, 12:42 AM
Is there anywhere on these forums that lists what items drop from where? I.E As well as making sugar, what buildings or animals drop it? Same goes for any other resources.... I'm sticking at level 9 now my sugar is depleted and lots of energy required to collect sugar cane and petals and tea settings and tea leaves and red dye with only 6 days to go

SpiritWind00
04-28-17, 12:46 AM
Sure is! All of our game guides are in the Hub. Links below to everything. You want the Inventory Guide. :)

adekil40
04-28-17, 01:04 AM
Sure is! All of our game guides are in the Hub. Links below to everything. You want the Inventory Guide. :)

Ah so obvious :) Thanks very much

HappyHeartBakery
04-28-17, 04:45 AM
I am still working to get tea party up to level 8. I'm not sure how high of a level you have to be to complete these quests. I am NEVER able to. Working only on the quest. The drop rates for the tea leaves and the Porcelain Clay are ridiculous. I am barely keeping up with red dye making, even with 2 red T plants. Wish they would improve drop rates so I would at least feel like I have a shot:(

SpiritWind00
04-28-17, 04:58 AM
This goal has been more about time and energy rather than game level. My device has barely been out of my hands to finish it. I did ask for higher drop rates, but only the drops from the Spring Flower were increased... Keep in mind it only gives coins and the same amount as one finished. It doesn't look incomplete at lower levels either which is good. You may not have enough time now to finish... Check out the calculation links in post 2. :)

AngieA67
04-28-17, 05:03 AM
Done with this game

adekil40
04-28-17, 05:07 AM
I am still working to get tea party up to level 8. I'm not sure how high of a level you have to be to complete these quests. I am NEVER able to. Working only on the quest. The drop rates for the tea leaves and the Porcelain Clay are ridiculous. I am barely keeping up with red dye making, even with 2 red T plants. Wish they would improve drop rates so I would at least feel like I have a shot:(

I've been level 50 for ages and maxed out on most items and this event I won't finish. Any event with random drops then it doesn't matter what level you are as its all luck, which is not enjoyable whatsoever!!

coolssp
04-28-17, 05:25 AM
I just upgrading to level 10 and I am super embarrassed by how loud my victory shout was. I knew it would be gruesome but wow! I've never had to give myself so many pep talks to finish anything, let alone a game, lol.
I definitely wouldn't have been able to complete this without all the amazing help from this forum and the awesome player tips/math/general info.
I wish everyone luck on reaching their goal whatever it is.

Congratulations!!!

riverly
04-28-17, 05:48 AM
I've been level 50 for ages and maxed out on most items and this event I won't finish. Any event with random drops then it doesn't matter what level you are as its all luck, which is not enjoyable whatsoever!!i think a lot of energy sources was the key factor in this one. A player could go through their 40 energy in about 10 minutes.
But you're right, the randomness is ridiculous. It's disheartening to tap on 10 ponds and get 1 clay.

Jennerwein1
04-28-17, 06:21 AM
i think a lot of energy sources was the key factor in this one. A player could go through their 40 energy in about 10 minutes.
But you're right, the randomness is ridiculous. It's disheartening to tap on 10 ponds and get 1 clay.

At level 50 for what seems like forever, I had lots of energy sources, so that was not my problem. But: I cannot check in as often as necessary, and then I got burned out. It was just not enjoyable for me anymore, so at level 9 I tried to get to 10 ( must finish what you started!) and then gave up. Too much , and all for not so desirable prizes. And I am happy with the peacock I have. So I just now put everything in storage. And I felt tremendous relief!!! Now I just replenish everything and keep working on my last few expansions.
Best of luck to those still hanging in there, may the force be with you!!

riverly
04-28-17, 06:31 AM
Yep, time is indeed a factor also. Restocking sugar requires that you check in every 15 minutes. Overall, a lot of negatives. Monotony being another. Bad prizes. I guess we could go on and on. I think S8 needed some time to regroup and just threw this out. I hope the next one is better.

ironbull2
04-28-17, 07:53 AM
I thought that too and my overall goal is ending then. Just my optional timed goal is ending at 1pm CST which is completely random. I am getting way less than 3 days (2 days 8hours) to complete it even though I waited until after the CS day started to start it as suggested by everyone. It will be close but doable if they would even give me until 5cst like the regular goal time.

AuntyRose32
04-28-17, 10:13 AM
i think a lot of energy sources was the key factor in this one. A player could go through their 40 energy in about 10 minutes.But you're right, the randomness is ridiculous. It's disheartening to tap on 10 ponds and get 1 clay.

It's funny, once I stopped trying to level up and stored some of the extra ponds and mushrooms I had out my drops improved considerably. I've been getting clay and tea leaves on most taps.... go figure. It was so disheartening to get so little clay from ponds etc during the time I actually participated, this event was a total downer for me. I still have some of the main story line to work on so I'm not short of things to do in my Queendom, I get why people who have nothing left to do in the game stuck with this event though. Something is better than nothing I guess. I appreciate all updates but I'm starting to learned to just let go of the ones that aren't working for me and as Jennerwein1 said what a tremendous relief it is to just store everything and let go. To me, feeling that relief shows that this game can be more of a chore and less fun at times which isn't how a game should be. Anyway, just thought I'd mention the difference in my drop rates. Good luck to all still plugging away!

EsmeW2
04-28-17, 11:35 AM
Congrats!! :D🙀❤️ 🦄

Wish I could say the same but I feel like I'm slipping behind :(
Contemplating just stopping as I hit LVL9 ...
I have zero motivation for this one and also thinking I've missed any chance at LVL10 now
Peacock is starting to look unlikely too :(

Same for me. I just couldn't play often enough to get all the way, and I don't have enough energy sources. If the final prizes were more interesting I'd be terribly disappointed. I'll pack everything away when I get to level 9 and keep collecting for the peacock, although I think it's unlikely that I'll make it. And I've got at least another day trying for level 9 before I can let this one go - but what a relief it will be. Well done to anyone crazy enough to persist! This afternoon the tea drops, which have been awful up to now, seem to have got better, but the petals have run out completely for me and it's frustrating to cut through more than 40 grass and get none. I think the flower fence is pretty - so I'm glad I got into the community prizes. I'll try to use it somewhere.

RevdKathy
04-28-17, 12:15 PM
I'm one teapot away from level nine, putting the mushrooms away and preparing to call time on this... When what should pop up but a bargain pack. And I almost, almost fell for it. Ten plates of little cakes - enough to make me think I might almost make level ten. But those cakes are the petit fours you need from neighbours, not the sweet cakes you need for the upgrade.

TerraRanomi
04-28-17, 12:35 PM

The milk and egg trade in the Royal Exchange drops sugar and flour. The alicolts, Clydesdales, and regular horses are a good source for sugar as well. If you have the Satyr, he drops sugar most times. I'm sure there are other sources, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck.

The tunnel of love and the kissing booth occasionally drop sugar too. And the booth also has a chance of dropping red petals.

gracelinda
04-28-17, 01:42 PM
This event is no tea party...to bad so many will not get the peacock. The demands are too monotonous and almost impossible to a acquire. The drop rates are ridiculous. This event was the worst ever for me.

PrincessCupOButter
04-28-17, 02:03 PM
I'm one teapot away from level nine, putting the mushrooms away and preparing to call time on this... When what should pop up but a bargain pack. And I almost, almost fell for it. Ten plates of little cakes - enough to make me think I might almost make level ten. But those cakes are the petit fours you need from neighbours, not the sweet cakes you need for the upgrade.

Whoa! I had to double check after seeing your post!! I didn't buy it, wasn't going to anyway, but they would have caught me. I thought "Wow! This is awesome for those trying to upgrade!" I thought it was the sweets too!!! Shoulda known getting all ten sweets was too good to be true. :rolleyes:
To make it worse, the petit fours are not even used as far as I can tell. :confused: They aren't required for the upgrade, and I don't see them used elsewhere.

midninghtcm
04-28-17, 04:44 PM
Way, way behind. I'm on level 6 and only havr 450 teacups because of not being able to check in on cue each day. I could make it but my red petals are out and unfortunately it takes me two time to collect from my trillium to have 6 petals and then I can't sit and wait for the timer. Tried chopping tall grass for more but scarcely got a few red petals. I'm maxed on everything else. Sigh another failure. I might as well not even try anymore because I don't seem to win any events. Through I'm going to try updating to level 7 at my snail pace. I also spent my gems (months and months of saving ) for an extra trillium but it didn't help. Sigh. What's a player to do? Spilt milk and all that. I hope everyone else is a bit luckier. ;) and in general that we will get a bit easier or more rewarding quest the next time

ktorewqas
04-28-17, 05:03 PM

Big congrats to the couple of players who also just finished too. ;)congrats! Great relief ;) and congrats to all players who finished lvl 10. It just requires too many energy. I still need 130 teacups but it's much relaxed .

cavegirl1
04-28-17, 05:07 PM
Whoa! I had to double check after seeing your post!! I didn't buy it, wasn't going to anyway, but they would have caught me. I thought "Wow! This is awesome for those trying to upgrade!" I thought it was the sweets too!!! Shoulda known getting all ten sweets was too good to be true. :rolleyes:
To make it worse, the petit fours are not even used as far as I can tell. :confused: They aren't required for the upgrade, and I don't see them used elsewhere.

This is extremely unimpressive by S8 ... I agree that a lot of people who buy it will have thought they were buying sweets ... This is just the icing on the cake of this event for me (to coin a phrase ...) and lowers my opinion of this event even more.

Yes, they gave us an event that is doable for a lot of people , but one so many don't even want to do...

(PS. Got my peacock and yes, eggs and chicken only from my first collection)

AinoDK
04-28-17, 11:39 PM
I think the flower fence is pretty - so I'm glad I got into the community prizes. I'll try to use it somewhere.

The fence looks nice going NW-SE but really odd going NE-SW. Someone fotgot to check

SpiritWind00
04-28-17, 11:59 PM
I have my fences in a square, but one side has the flower roads. They look ok... On the back wall, the tallest yellow flower does block the top of the fence and one of the palings a bit. Is that what you mean?

AinoDK
04-29-17, 01:22 AM
Just visited you. Yes, if you only have them like your back wall, it doesn't look like a fence at all. Maybe I'm just too critical, but the artwork in this game means a great deal to me.

jesslau9
04-29-17, 01:59 AM
I'm disappointed, i thought the table would look different at level 8 but it looked the same as 6,7. They definitely want to push people to go for level 9 but thr amount of tea, red dye is crazy

AinoDK
04-29-17, 02:14 AM
I'm disappointed, i thought the table would look different at level 8 but it looked the same as 6,7. They definitely want to push people to go for level 9 but thr amount of tea, red dye is crazy

If your goal is to get a new look of the table, then lvl 9 won't help you, you need to get all the way to lvl 10. And a lot of us don't find that lvl 10 look is an improvment. I believe you can find all the different looks on page 1, otherwise you are welcome to visit to see lvl 10

jesslau9
04-29-17, 02:23 AM
If your goal is to get a new look of the table, then lvl 9 won't help you, you need to get all the way to lvl 10. And a lot of us don't find that lvl 10 look is an improvment. I believe you can find all the different looks on page 1, otherwise you are welcome to visit to see lvl 10

Aww bummer they all looked the same :( the level 10 pic is not up on page 1 though.

Is it always like this?i mean from past events, no change of look from level 6-9? I

SpiritWind00
04-29-17, 02:39 AM
The level 10 pic is in post 3. :) it has more flowers around it and a tablecloth. Still looks nice at L9 though. Here's my little tea haven.

danzplace
04-29-17, 02:53 AM
Very pretty. I like your decorating style!

SpiritWind00
04-29-17, 03:27 AM
It took me ages to take this pic as all of the male characters would not leave the area! Hovering and pacing back and forth. I had to give up waiting and force close to send them elsewhere! The ladies were nowhere in sight;) lol

PrincessCelestian
04-29-17, 05:01 AM
The level 10 pic is in post 3. :) it has more flowers around it and a tablecloth. Still looks nice at L9 though. Here's my little tea haven.

Oooo I like it turned that way better!! Finally hit lvl 10 yesterday! Yay!! Those last few days were like wading through Elmer's glue. But it's done. Now to put my queendom back in order. Having a hard time motivating myself to go that. Only 200 teacups to go and I'll have my peacock as well.

goodeats711
04-29-17, 06:38 AM
Way, way behind. I'm on level 6 and only havr 450 teacups because of not being able to check in on cue each day. I could make it but my red petals are out and unfortunately it takes me two time to collect from my trillium to have 6 petals and then I can't sit and wait for the timer. Tried chopping tall grass for more but scarcely got a few red petals. I'm maxed on everything else. Sigh another failure. I might as well not even try anymore because I don't seem to win any events. Through I'm going to try updating to level 7 at my snail pace. I also spent my gems (months and months of saving ) for an extra trillium but it didn't help. Sigh. What's a player to do? Spilt milk and all that. I hope everyone else is a bit luckier. ;) and in general that we will get a bit easier or more rewarding quest the next time

I know what you mean about not even trying anymore. I don't understand why the goals have to be so IMPOSSIBLE. I imagine the only players with any chance of completing the goals have tons of Alicorns (how do you get so many) and tons of time to constantly play (I play entirely too much and still can't even get close).

Anyway, it is very frustrating to waste energy harvesting 50 mushrooms (that I can't even hold in storage) for 3-4 tea leaves and buying/chopping 50 wads of grass to get 3-4 spring petals. EVERY mushroom should GIVE TEA LEAVES and EVERY tall grass should GIVE SPRING PETALS and/or GIVE RED PETALS and EVERY pond/rock should GIVE CLAY.

ANOTHER RIDICULOUSLY DISAPPOINTING EVENT.

rulerofjennyville
04-29-17, 06:54 AM
I know what you mean about not even trying anymore. I don't understand why the goals have to be so IMPOSSIBLE. I imagine the only players with any chance of completing the goals have tons of Alicorns (how do you get so many) and tons of time to constantly play (I play entirely too much and still can't even get close).

Anyway, it is very frustrating to waste energy harvesting 50 mushrooms (that I can't even hold in storage) for 3-4 tea leaves and buying/chopping 50 wads of grass to get 3-4 spring petals. EVERY mushroom should GIVE TEA LEAVES and EVERY tall grass should GIVE SPRING PETALS and/or GIVE RED PETALS and EVERY pond/rock should GIVE CLAY.

ANOTHER RIDICULOUSLY DISAPPOINTING EVENT.

The tea party will just give off coins like their other buildings do. I wouldn't worry about it. I wanted to get the peacock but I've only got 579
tea cups - there's no way.

Andro45
04-29-17, 12:07 PM
Giving up in my primary kingdom, at level 7, nowhere near 8 and I have 916 teacups. Need more than 23 collections a day...(4 days and 4 hours to go). In my second kingdom I'm still trying, but not sure if I will make it. Probably not. Another event I will not be able to finish.

I'm not sure I will be motivated enough for the next event, I have been trying to play all of them since august (not all of them succesful) and I'm tired.

Lyzau
04-29-17, 12:38 PM
I got the peacock and my teaparty will stay at level 9. The animation for this peacock is slightly different (simpeler) from the blue peacock. This one doesn't swing its neck to the side in between tail feather animations. Overall not unhappy with my results, though I think the requirements for this event were/are way over the top.
Glad to get a few days away from the game before a new timed event will start. Whatever happened to the story line?

dipwid
04-29-17, 02:37 PM
If you have less than 500 cups but are close, shoot for 500, and keep collecting till the end, that way you can earn the community prizes.

ktorewqas
04-29-17, 06:28 PM
Just relized that the peacock is just a chicken which might give energy sometimes ;) my chickens have a chance to give golden egg too. I like the geese we got from baron's wedding. They give 2 eggs at least and have a chance to drop golden egg too :rolleyes:

PrincessCupOButter
04-29-17, 07:13 PM
Just relized that the peacock is just a chicken which might give energy sometimes ;) my chickens have a chance to give golden egg too. I like the geese we got from baron's wedding. They give 2 eggs at least and have a chance to drop golden egg too :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if it will be like the alicolt, with a chance of 5 or 10 energy. Or the stargazers ridge, with a super rare chance at 3 energy. Or the Naga pets, with a decent chance at 1 energy, making it energy neutral.
I'd actually be okay with it being energy neutral.... free eggs! Lol
I do think it's quite pretty, and I really like the fence too. The community gazebo looks pretty too. I'm really curious to see if it will also be deco only.

ktorewqas
04-29-17, 07:18 PM
I did one collection and it gave me one egg only so it's a chicken for sure. The energy drop could be rare so I'm not expecting that ;)

RileyBug624
04-29-17, 07:42 PM
Going to join the growing chorus of being tired of endless resource drains and near impossible quests. That is why I quit the Fantasy Forest. After about 3 years of playing with a sudden non-ending to the story I am through. Everyone else, enjoy till there is no more.

Sirelie
04-30-17, 01:50 AM
Oh, this morning I got a spring peacock (does not put his head under the wing like a royal peacock) :-)
He can argue with his friend royal peacock, who has a prettier tail: D

Tea party lv 10 I got yesterday.

Yes, this task is really very energetic. Especially gaining spring petals was ridiculous: - /
I have 11 days alicorns and I have been using my 5 weeks alicorns. Out of the night I played every 2-3 hours. I put all the energy into the task.

jaymieb2
04-30-17, 03:06 AM
Halfway through level 8, feeling overwhelmed. Not going to make it unless S8 helps in a big way, and am starring to envy those that opted out,at level 5.

Only made one timed side goal .

Feeling frustrated. Hoping for a Minster Hunt soon... and Storybook levels of commitment for future events.

ladyperidot
04-30-17, 04:29 AM

If you have the royal griffon, it also has a chance for gold eggs. It gave me one yesterday

jbfps116
04-30-17, 04:38 AM
I used to be critical of players who has unfinished event buildings in their kingdom. However this event has been the most insane yet. i think I'll barely get to level 9 before the event ends. like come on, we had WAY WAY less effort on the tables that give feasts. all you get with level 10 is an oversized stack of cups? lol doesn't add up

goodeats711
04-30-17, 06:41 AM
I used to be critical of players who has unfinished event buildings in their kingdom. However this event has been the most insane yet. i think I'll barely get to level 9 before the event ends. like come on, we had WAY WAY less effort on the tables that give feasts. all you get with level 10 is an oversized stack of cups? lol doesn't add up

Yes, this whole event has just been ridiculously frustrating! I just read that the peacock does not even consistently give energy. So, I'm not even sure I want to keep trying for it. The only decent prizes are ones that GIVE ENERGY! The energy max is just dumb anyway. You should be able to accumulate unlimited energy. That way, overnight you would build decent stores and be able to enjoy the game. I can't even figure out why I keep playing a game that is only fun for 2 minutes every 2 hours. Maybe there's a subliminal brainwashing aspect built in, lol. :(

riverly
04-30-17, 07:29 AM
I leveled up the patio set (tea party) because I didn't like the missing pavers. lo and behold it is still missing some pavers. This is a train wreck!

Is there a L11? I want a complete patio.

I really don't want L11. I think the contractor needs to come and finish his work.

PurpleSonya
04-30-17, 08:32 AM
Add me to the same list! I got 1-2 drops from each rock I chopped when I was lucky. Which is a total waste of time and makes a fun game not exactly fun.

And don't get me started on the petals. I have repeatedly chopped 20 blades of grass to get 1 red petal.

I'm done with events for a while...

Alohatami
04-30-17, 09:43 AM
Is there a Level 7 club? I finally made level 7 after days and days of nothing but chopping grass and collecting from ponds. I don't believe it is possible for me to make level 8 in the time remaining, not because of the spring petals - I already have 87 of those accumulated from chopping grass for red petals - but because of the red petals needed for 25 red dyes. As a non finisher, I'm glad to hear the final prizes aren't really worth it, but in the same vein, if the top prize had been an alicorn, I'd have been supremely bummed at not finishing. Here's to hoping the next event will be more reasonable.