PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for Special Events

BufftonHeights
04-12-17, 08:28 AM
I feel bad when I see people posting they cannot do the special events because they don't have the resources without spending gems. I am a recent level 50 playing just over a year, and wanted to share some of the tips that have helped me. In addition to the story goals, I gave myself daily/weekly goals that have helped me prepare for these events. Preparing in advance is the key. Here are some of those goals.

1. Send adventures every day (except Thursdays when you may need your keep for an event). The resources these bring back, including the boxed animals, trees, etc come in very handy.

2. Have a plan to upgrade all buildings to at least level 5. Don't wait to be asked. I tried to do at least one a week.

3. Establish and manage minimal levels of certain resources. I won't use a resource for a trade (especially those greedy Elves) if it takes me under my minimum. I try to keep close to max for all crops and basics such as eggs, milk, and wool, and a minimum of 20 for components (e.g., sugar, flour, fancy blocks, fancy beams, essences, simple glue, etc).

4. Especially since the cabbage hut is not being updated lately, spend your three free cabbages every day if for no reason other than to get the six free resources shown.

5. When you have cash, buy extra of the key buildings, e.g., cottages, huts, library, jeweler, marketplace. They can stay at level 1. I resisted doing this at first, but soon realized that if I need to collect from a jeweler 4 times, I need to have more than one jeweler. Keep them in storage, but bring them out on Wednesday so you can start the 22 hour timer.

6. Gold is a big problem and I agree wholeheartedly with those who think it is unfair to need 10 or 15 of a gold item just to participate. This has gotten worse lately, it's almost as if we are being penalized for having the opportunity to own gold mines. Keep a minimum amount of gold on hand and don't use it to upgrade things like the jousting arena unless you are over your minimum.

7. Monsters are annoying, but don't park one unless you already have close to max of things like fur, bones, horns, etc.

I hope this helps someone enjoy future challenges.

ShibuyaCloth
04-12-17, 11:50 AM
In short: stockpile

dipwid
04-12-17, 12:20 PM
In addition to stockpiling, I recommend having one area that you never build on so you have room for the special building for an event. Rearrange the rest of your kingdom so you can put the maximum number of other buildings such as cottages, taverns, libraries, and other long timer buildings out that you may need to collect from for an event. Short timer things such as farmhouses can wait until you see if they are needed or not.

ninjalejones
04-12-17, 12:45 PM
I also max up on floral glow and vital extract between events, it can come in handy being able to access quick energy.

rembetiko
04-12-17, 04:29 PM
Nice advice, but you forget that it depends also a lot on chance if you are able to do these special events. Nobody has problems with regular items like wood, milk, white petals, water. In fact, being level 50 mostly means that all of those items are maxed out in storage anyway. And yet many longtime level-50 players cannot finish those events without using gems and in-app purchases. Why?

For example, if you try to hoard golden nuggets, but don't get them no matter how hard you try - and the special event requires you to give 10 nuggets, you just can't.

And if you have only 40 energy but need to chop 10 trees and 10 rocks to get enough of a required special event-only item in time which you need for cooking or crafting something else, (and you just cannot sit day and night playing this game because you have a job and family) you just can't.

Or, if you need to get 20 items from neighbours and you cannot continue to the next task until you get them all and the event will expire in 1 1/2 days - and many of the 20 neighbours you asked don't play any more, you just can't.

rulerofjennyville
04-12-17, 05:44 PM
I do all of this. Still haven't been able to complete a challenge since the swans.

dkswong
04-12-17, 06:51 PM
Good advice and thanks!

Clark_Wayne
04-13-17, 11:43 AM
all good advices ;) but like rembetiko said sometimes it is not a matter of stockpiling but energy and luck
sometimes you have no luck getting specific stuffs during event, or simply you can not play every hour to get those specific stuffs (beetles..)
people have job, real life,... and sometimes events are just made to force you to buy and spend gems

flowerqueen007
04-25-17, 11:23 AM
Just two things not mentioned but have proven very useful in this latest event

1 In your "downtime" try to make as many bushes in your arbouretum as you can, all colours especially red, that way you will always have a good source of petals with less energy.

If you havent got a red trillium to spare or dont want to buy them, do the adventure that drops them in gift boxes, all be it rarely, check the hub for the adventure drops.

2. I know we all dislike trading with the greedy elves but when you are between games do the trades you are comfortable with and embrace bronze and silver, be ecstatic when you get a gold of course, but a good supply of bronze and silver ensures you are able to make boosts, these are really invaluable if you need to speed up crops, workshop or kitchens and to double your crops, you also get double the energy returned, i have ended up with more energy than I started with when using this boost.

PurpleScorpion76
05-12-17, 02:53 AM
4. Especially since the cabbage hut is not being updated lately, spend your three free cabbages every day if for no reason other than to get the six free resources shown.

I never thought of this one but am I correct in thinking if you have more than the 3 cabbages already you don't get 3 free each day anyway? I've been horading mine and currently on 136 but then I recently got a second Clydesdale and the sparkly Aquamarine Dragon just waiting for the new Alicorn to grab that too. So I was thinking i wouldn't get the 3 free, can anyone confirm?

cavegirl1
05-12-17, 03:13 AM
I never thought of this one but am I correct in thinking if you have more than the 3 cabbages already you don't get 3 free each day anyway? I've been horading mine and currently on 136 but then I recently got a second Clydesdale and the sparkly Aquamarine Dragon just waiting for the new Alicorn to grab that too. So I was thinking i wouldn't get the 3 free, can anyone confirm?

Yep, you only get free cabbages if you have less than 3.