PDA

View Full Version : Tree House

Lazureus
04-10-17, 08:12 PM
ok so I had a quest from piper about getting her crazy tree house unlocked, and after a long time I finally got enough expansion parts to open it up. Turns out, the treehouse does absolutely nothing. Why did I go all the way out there for it? Does it ever have a purpose? Did I completely waste my resources expanding out there when I could have hit a junk pile or opened up another object instead?

PookieBear50
04-10-17, 08:43 PM
There's another thread about the Tree House somewhere, but to keep things brief...

Every day you receive 3 darts that you can throw at the balloons. Sometimes they will give you coins, sometimes various crops or other salable items, sometimes collection items (shown in the gallery under the "Dart" icon). You'll need to use gems to buy more darts, but if you manage to pop the balloons that reveal the 6 items shown on the right, you win the prize that's pictured below them. It might be a pet, a skin, or a decoration. The required items and the prizes change every 24 hours (from when you first enter the Tree House).

It's basically a game of chance. Whether you think the prizes are worth it or not is up to you. For my part, I have at times gotten lucky and just happened to get something that I needed at the time, such as Flax or Spinach, Peanuts or Carrots, even Gold or Silver.

Lazureus
04-11-17, 06:10 AM
I can't do anything at all with my Tree House. I tap it, there's nothing. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I guess my game's broken.

EDIT: I just learned this is an iOS exclusive feature. THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING I EVER HEARD OF.

There are MORE android users than there are iOS users! We can't just go and switch everything to iOS on a dime when we want to be able to play a FULL version of a game. Why are android users treated like dirt here? My entire ecosystem is on android, and it would cost a TON of money to even buy an iOS device, and that's a tall order just to unlock features in ONE game.

This is seriously unfair. I'm almost ready to quit all my storm8 games. I am just as much of a worthwhile customer as someone using an apple device! Yes, I have spent money on both Restaurant Story 2, and Farm Story 2. I want to be treated like I matter, too! It can't be that hard to have both platforms using the same content, most other games do it just fine... even by much smaller teams with as few as 1-3 games worth of experience under their belt! Given the size and scope of this company's ability to make games (seems you have tons), it almost feels deliberate.

Rynetory2
04-11-17, 07:21 AM
For questions on platforms parity, please file a forum dispute (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) thread and discuss with the Community Manager.

Lazureus
04-17-17, 10:44 AM
For questions on platforms parity, please file a forum dispute (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) thread and discuss with the Community Manager.

I wonder, what happens if I borrowed someone's iphone, logged in my account in the game, and planted the lumber trees that are exclusive to iOS... then went back and logged into my Android device later? Would I lose the trees? What happens if I view someone's farm that is running iOS with these features? How is this disparity handled?

Rynetory2
04-17-17, 07:42 PM
You won't see the iOS features or items while playing on Android device. They are invisible. Same thing when you visit your iOS neighbours, you may sometimes see a huge empty space where they placed their iOS only items. FYI playing on both platforms, on Farm Story 2 and other games, is a bit tricky and may sometimes cause sync errors if you aren't careful. See https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1250523&viewfull=1#post1250523

Check out chapters Land Expansion and Features Currently Unavailable On Android Devices in the Main Guide.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide