PDA

View Full Version : Gift Expired?

Unregistered
08-17-10, 05:58 AM
This one was a a first this AM. In addition to the disappearing gifts (which I worked around by noting the gifter, accepting the and then scrolling thru my neighbor list and visiting them to say thank you), I tried to accept a playground and I got a message that said "The gift has expired."

What's going on? I know that fountains were removed as gifts, but since I had only been off for a few hours and had no gifts before crashing for the night, there should be no way that a gift suddenly expired.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 01:50 PM
This one was a a first this AM. In addition to the disappearing gifts (which I worked around by noting the gifter, accepting the and then scrolling thru my neighbor list and visiting them to say thank you), I tried to accept a playground and I got a message that said "The gift has expired."

What's going on? I know that fountains were removed as gifts, but since I had only been off for a few hours and had no gifts before crashing for the night, there should be no way that a gift suddenly expired.

We need a "Gifting 101" thread. (sorry in adavance for being wordy I am not very good at writing)

you can send 1 gift to all of your neighbors every day (24 hours)
you can accept 20 gifts per day (midnight pst til midnight pst)
the gifts staying in pending until you accept them
the pending gifts news feed can only hold 20 max or will hold the amount of gifts you can still accept for that day (example: at midnight pst it will hold 20 gifts but say before you go to bed you accept 3 gifts it will than only hold 17 for the rest of that day)
just like the news feed it will only hold the most recent gifts received until the 20 for the day have been accepted
so a gift will expire if it is the oldest, the pending gifts feed is full and a new gift is sent to you

there are pros and cons to this:

if you want the house/cow and got the cafe/plum tree -you can thank (manners, remember those things our mothers taught us) the neighbor decline the gift and (if you have enough neighbors) see if the next neighbor will send you a cafe/plum tree. the neighbor will not know you declined a gift

if you have really great neighbors that gift every day and you have more than 20 you will not see who sent you a gift while you were not playing city/farm story (you know sleeping/working things that get in the way of playing the games) they will not get the "unable to send gift to neighbor" until 20 have been accepted, so they think you got the gift and you did not because it has fallen off the pending feed

which leads me to a side note fellow mayors/farmers may not be lying when they say that they send gifts and clean/water: the sent gift can expire/fall of the pending feed and if someone is cleaning/watering the same building/crop at the sametime as another, of course the game can only accept 1 of the 2 and so they post saying that they did clean/water and it does not show up on your news feed because the game did not accept their clean/water