PDA

View Full Version : Bug in An Expert Opinion - or is it

6rigorian
03-31-17, 03:38 PM
When i click on "Go" for the first task "recurit a magic expert" it goes into expand mode and points to the glimmergate. The block is actually unlocked.. and i have gone far enough in other quests to activate the glimmergate. But when I try to complete this it just hangs in expand mode.

I tried to submit a bug to storm 8 and they said they wouldnt help with anything that involved giving answers to quests.

Is there something i am missing here.. does anyone know how to get this quest to complete..

I already did the second part "consult lady greselda" and i didnt pay gems.. i completed it in game..

any help is appreciated..

Thanks
NP

meme1098
03-31-17, 04:46 PM
This is part of the Elven Outpost Goals

2. An Expert Opinion
* Recruit Magic expert | this goal will auto complete if you have Old Thomas' House and have completed the goal, Fashion Police
* Consult Lady Greselda 0/1 VISIT (skip 15 gems)
Rewards: 410 coin, 3 xp

Have you completed Fashion Police?

Fashion Police is part of The Glimmergate Part 3 goals.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1358980
Scroll way down to find the Glimmergate goals.

6: Fashion Police
* Give some wool to Greselda 0/60 GIVE (skip 120 gems)
* Give some hide to Greselda 0/20 GIVE (skip 40 gems)
* Give some fur to Greselda 0/20 GIVE (skip 40 gems)
* Give Greselda some red dye 0/10 GIVE (skip 30 gems)
* Give Greselda some yellow dye 0/5 GIVE (skip 20 gems)
* Give Greselda some blue dye 0/5 GIVE (skip 20 gems)
* Give Greselda some purple dye 0/5 GIVE (skip 20 gems)
* Place Greselda's home 0/1 PLACE | Cost: 0 coin, Build: 5 ornate block, 25 glimmer shard, 25 glimmer fragments, 3 magic cement

So in a nutshell, looks like you need to finish the Glimmergate goals first.

6rigorian
04-04-17, 09:16 AM
yes i saw that post as well.. but nowhere have i gotten the fashion police quest.
I think completing the fashion police quest is a secondary way to complete the task, not the primary.
Either way i resubmitted to storm 8 and they fixed it for me.

PikaSquirrel
04-06-17, 01:45 PM
You'll need to complete 'Ruler Must-Haves' and continue on with that questline to eventually get to 'Fashion Police' in order to complete 'An Expert Opinion'.

dromland34
05-30-17, 04:29 PM
I completed fashion police and still showing that I need to expand the square with the glimmergaye but I already have expanded. It's not counting on the quest and support said they can't help. Any tips?

SpiritWind00
05-31-17, 12:05 AM
What goals are in your book? Have you built Greselda's castle?

hackquest
08-09-17, 05:02 AM
there is a bug in the an expert opinion.

I was a fool i know but ...

I needed the space so i moved the gate.... to make way for some ponds for the last event thing we are doing.. so when i clicked on the quest it directed not to the gates position but where it was ? does that count as a bug? it not follow where the building actually is?

so moved it back but yep not able to do anything now LOL so i think ill do other quest first

but any chance to fix this? or not?

would be nice if it followed it around than being set in one position or perhaps make it so we cannot move it like how the bird nest is fixed in game.

kindest regards

Hack quest

if anyone dose not believe me try moving it

SpiritWind00
08-15-17, 02:48 PM
@Hackquest, moving it shouldnt have caused the goal to glitch. Have you done the prerequisites mentioned above? If this is still an issue can you please post again. Thanks.

Utonak
09-12-17, 07:20 AM
What goals are in your book? Have you built Greselda's castle?
I have the same issue as the others. I have completed rulers must haves but have not been offered the fashion police or build greselda`s castle. My storm8 I'd is utonab.

SpiritWind00
09-12-17, 05:37 PM
I have the same issue as the others. I have completed rulers must haves but have not been offered the fashion police or build greselda`s castle. My storm8 I'd is utonab.
If you post your other goals I can help you more... Have you completed part 3 of the Glimmergate? There are a few other goals that you have to do to move forward. :)

utonab
09-12-17, 08:50 PM
Cruelty to Cabbages, An Expert Opinion, Trials and Tributes, Magic Nursery- Fangpup and the current goals for the Baron Birthday Celebration. Plus I am at level 46.

utonab
09-12-17, 08:53 PM
If you post your other goals I can help you more... Have you completed part 3 of the Glimmergate? There are a few other goals that you have to do to move forward. :)

Cruelty to Cabbages, An Expert Opinion, Trials and Tributes, Magic Nursery- Fangpup and the current goals for the Baron Birthday Celebration. Plus I am at level 46.

SpiritWind00
09-12-17, 11:45 PM
If these are the only goals in your book, then I'm afraid you have me mystified. If you gem skipped goals that has a negative impact. If you have crafted the evil queen statue from Ruler Must Haves, then the goal keep going. This goal is from Part 2 of the Glimmergate story and you get Greselda in part 3.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-New-CS-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1358979&viewfull=1#post1358979

Sounds like you need to go to Support if this is the case as somethings gone amiss. Link in my signature below and instructions in the Hub sub forum if you need them. I'm sorry I couldn't help...

meme1098
09-13-17, 10:56 AM

So you've crafted the statue, the carriage(Wicked Ride) & the mirror(Mirror, Mirror). And you've e crafted the Night Glimmer Sword & Day Glimmer Sword? And fought the Evil Queen?

The rest of the Glimmergate part 2 goals:

5: Ruler Must Haves
* Craft the evil queen statue 0/1 CRAFT (skip 30) | Workshop, 8 hours - 4 ornate blocks, 2 magic cement, 50 jewels
Rewards: 1700 coin, 6 xp

6: Wicked Ride
* Craft the evil queen carriage 0/1 CRAFT (skip 30) | Workshop, 8 hours - 4 ornate beam, 50 wool, 5 red dye
Congratulations: Greselda: Hmm, where to...

7: Mirror. Mirror
* Place a magic mirror 0/1 GO (skip 10)
Rewards: 370 coin, 3 xp
Congratulations: Greselda: Don't be shy, tell me the truth Magic Mirror.

8: On The Wall
* Craft a simple feast 0/1 CRAFT (skip 10)
* Craft a hearty feast 0/1 CRAFT (skip 10)
* Craft a spicy feast 0/1 CRAFT (skip 10)
* Craft a sweet feast 0/1 CRAFT (skip 10)
Rewards: 2900 coin, 9 xp
Congratulations: Greselda: Remember, I eat 24 small meals a day.

9: Ivy Saves The Day
* Chug Ivy's potion 0/1 CHUG
Congratulations: Ivy: you're free from her spell!

10: Thurston's Bravery
* Adventure to the Glimmergate 0/1 GO (skip 50) | Castle, 1 day - 1 hearty feast, 2 wisp lanterns, 25 glimmerdust
Congratulations:
Note: it may take a few tries to get the Hilt.

11: Night Glimmer Sword
* Craft the night glimmer sword 0/1 CRAFT | Magic Forge, 1 day - 1 blade of darkness, 1 enchanted adamant bar, 6 mysterious venom | Enchanted adamant bar is Magic Forge, 8 hours - 1 adamant, 2 enchanter's essence, 10 dragon scales
Congratulations: Thurston>Careful with the Night Glimmer Sword!

12: Rock Smash
* Beat up some Glimmer Golems 0/5 GO (skip 50)
* Collect the glimmer shards 0/10
* Collect the glimmer fragments 0/10
Congratulations: Old Thomas: Do not let the Night Glimmer Sword control you.

13: Allergic to Light
* Adventure to the Glimmergate 0/1 GO (skip)
* Have the blade of light 0/1 (skip 150)
* Have the hilt of light 0/1 (skip 150)
Congratulations: Sabina: Shine bright like a diamond!

14: Day Glimmer Sword
* Combine the blade and hilt 0/1 MERGE
* Craft the day glimmer sword 0/1 CRAFT | Magic Forge, 1 day - 1 blade of light, 30 glimmer fragments, 30 glimmer shards
Congratulations: Thurston: The Day Glimmer Sword, it's truly blinding!

15: Evil Queen Showdown
* Beat the evil queen 0/1 GO | collect from the Glimmergate - make sure you've no other monsters on your board, or nothing will happen. Evil Greselda takes 99 hits to defeat.
Congratulations: Old Thomas: We defeated the Evil Queen!

16: Under Key and Lock
* Arrest the evil Greselda 0/1 ARREST
Congratulations: Ivy: What do we do now?

Then Glimmergate Part 3 goals should start:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-New-CS-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1358980&viewfull=1#post1358980

This part includes Fashion Police.